PDA

View Full Version : FAO Pickup Truck teams going to Croft

TeamRogers69
17th May 2007, 10:43
Just a quick message to those teams who aren't aware that there will be no mains electric available at Croft.

Just thought I would pass out the message because I recall a visit to Thruxton a couple years ago when on arrival we found out there was no electic and a few of the teams were caught out unprepared (which included us!).

See you all at Croft. Best of luck for the weekend.

SteveA
17th May 2007, 11:40
Get together and hire a 20KVA Genny set?!

http://www.gofer.co.uk/generators.php

If I understand their prices right, it would be only £130.

TeamRogers69
17th May 2007, 11:43
Thanks Steve

It's not so much not having a generator, it's the problem that people might not be aware of the lack of electric and therefore some teams may not carry their generator with them.

SteveA
17th May 2007, 11:55
Yup - I realise some teams may have their own small generators, but I'm thinking it could be cost effective for many / all teams to hire a bigger set. Of course you'd need a Spark to wire it all up, but I'm sure there must be a few electricians among you!

These big diesel units also give a much more stable supply than the typical two-stroke petrol burner.

TeamRogers69
17th May 2007, 12:06
I can see what youre saying steve and it may well be 'food for thought' for future events.

From a personal point of view, as long as we can run the kettle (and my hair dryer!) we should be fine.

Al_Green
17th May 2007, 17:22
Have a good weekend at Croft boys & girls, should have been there but now have to be in Leeds on Saturday evening, and unavailable Sunday, so I'm not wasting money for a 175 mile round trip for the sake of 3/4 of a days marshalling :(

Al

just_smile99
17th May 2007, 18:12
So i cant take my straightners? or my phone charger?

I think i may faint

X

Abo
17th May 2007, 22:13
So i cant take my straightners? or my phone charger?

I think i may faint

X

Wilky's got a generator built into the transporter ;)

just_smile99
17th May 2007, 22:25
Wilky's got a generator built into the transporter ;)

Oh thank god!!!

lol

Laura

X

Al_Green
18th May 2007, 17:40
Change of plan (again), I'll be there tomorrow, so I'll see some of you around the paddock

Al