PDA

View Full Version : A third Andretti @ the 500!!!

ChampUSfan
16th May 2007, 17:39
John Andretti is gonna drive with Panther Racing for the 91st Indy 500!

Really great addition to the grid!

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/37399/

Alfa Fan
16th May 2007, 17:43
Now we need Mario to make it the whole family entered ;)

Jonesi
16th May 2007, 17:47
Now we need Mario to make it the whole family entered ;)

Worse you could get Jeff Andretti back. ;-)

xtlm
16th May 2007, 20:19
bah, get them both back

make it a 5 car Andretti team....so they all can loose.....don't kill me! history told me so!

ChicagocrewIRL
16th May 2007, 20:21
HAHA 3 Andrettis (sp?) slowing on the backstretch !!!

OWChicago79
17th May 2007, 07:05
Andrettis will get the last laugh. Hope to see ya at indy Crew!

Mark in Oshawa
17th May 2007, 18:43
The Andretti's and Indy.....oil and water.....

This family is so cursed at this place....they get so close, only to be smacked down by the gods of racing. I think Mario snuck past em in 69 and they haven't let their guard down since....

Alexamateo
17th May 2007, 19:10
The Andretti's and Indy.....oil and water.....

This family is so cursed at this place....they get so close, only to be smacked down by the gods of racing. I think Mario snuck past em in 69 and they haven't let their guard down since....

Indy must have been caught napping in '69. Probably figured she got Andretti when he demolished his primary car in practice, and had to go to a year old back up. That must be how ol' Mario snuck past her. ;)

Colsanders
25th May 2007, 04:16
Ol' Mario did have his luck at Indy. I believe he is one of the greatest all around racing drivers ever. If he had started in '68 and spent his entire career in F1 with Lotus and/or Ferrari, it is no telling how many races and championships he would have won.

I'll never forget the '82 race...he was patrick's lead car; taken out by the Cogan accident at the start; then Gordy wins a thriller...great job, Johncock, though!