PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP - Le Mans

tha_jackal
16th May 2007, 10:18
Nieto's in for Jacque, just up on the motogp website..

Tips:

MotoGP -
1. Stoner
2. Edwards
3. Hopkins
Pole> Hopkins

250 -
1. Bautista
2. Lorenzo
3. Dovi
Pole> DeAngelis

1. Pasini (needs some luck)
2. Talma
3. Faubel
Pole> Gadea

Look forward to a good weekend of tight, close racing, now that there's no long straights.

maxu05
16th May 2007, 13:30
OK, my tips.

Motogp
1. Rossi
2. Melandri
3. Stoner
Pole - Hopkins
250cc
1. Bautista
2. Dovizioso
3. De Angelis
Pole - De Angelis

125cc
1. Pesek
2. Gadea
3. Talmacsi
Pole - Pasini
I can't wait for the racing, yeah ha. 7 races in 10 weeks, should be great.

fatman
18th May 2007, 14:42
I've been traveling all week and unfortunately missed the pick-em deadline. Unofficially I'll go with the following
MotoGP
1 - Rossi
2 - Dani
3 - Hayden (whoa ! what am I thinking !! )
poll - Hopkins

1- Bautista
2- Dovi
3- Lorenzo
poll - Bautista

1 - Pasini
2 - Pasini
3 - Pasini
Poll - Pasini ( i think his luck is going to turn around big time )

Corny
19th May 2007, 14:20
WOW Edwards! :D

It seems Stoner's got the right package again, I think he'll win tomorrow..
What's wrong with Rossi?

ozrevhead
19th May 2007, 14:42
1. Colin Edwards USA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 33.616 secs
2. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 33.710 secs
3. Carlos Checa SPA Honda LCR (M) 1min 33.859 secs
4. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 33.875 secs
5. John Hopkins USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 34.102 secs
6. Toni Elias SPA Gresini Honda (B) 1min 34.125 secs
7. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 34.247 secs
8. Randy de Puniet FRA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 34.318 secs
9. Marco Melandri ITA Gresini Honda (B) 1min 34.360 secs
10. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 34.412 secs
11. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Dunlop Tech 3 Yamaha (D) 1min 34.507 secs
12. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 34.574 secs
13. Alex Barros BRA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP (B) 1min 34.817 secs
14. Shinya Nakano JPN Konica Minolta Honda (M) 1min 34.834 secs
15. Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 34.903 secs
16. Makoto Tamada JPN Dunlop Tech 3 Yamaha (D) 1min 35.346 secs
17. Alex Hofmann GER Pramac d'Antin MotoGP (B) 1min 35.578 secs
18. Kenny Roberts USA Team Roberts (M) 1min 35.681 secs
19. Fonsi Nieto SPA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 36.312 secs

jim mcglinchey
19th May 2007, 19:13
We'll see how long Edwards lead lasts....about 10 metres I reckon.

Corny
19th May 2007, 19:15
well, he showed some good things on racetyres..

20th May 2007, 00:22
We'll see how long Edwards lead lasts....about 10 metres I reckon.

i give him about 5 metres.

The Phantom
20th May 2007, 00:58
Bridgestone vs. Michelin battle inconclusive so far...

Kropotkin picked CE as a contender prior to FQ, and suggests an Edwards/Stoner and Hopkins/Melandri fight for the podium steps.

Rossi usually pulls something out of the bag, though - his race pace will be stronger, and JB will no doubt find some magic overnight as well. If Rossi fails to make the podium his title challenge might be finished.

1 - Stoner
2 - Hopkins
3 - Rossi

NinjaMaster
20th May 2007, 12:18
Stoner fastest in morning warmup. :up: He's been real quick all weekend, even when the other Ducs haven't.

Congrats to Gadea on his first win in the 125's and Pesek for extending his title lead and six year old Briton Bradley Smith on his first podium. Sensational ride.

Just saw the 250 race, was pretty good. Lorenzo is a gun, hope he lobs at Kawasaki next year. ;) And the 2 Jorge's at the end was hilarious. :D Ant West's post race interview was pathetic. He bagged his mechanics which is not on, even if he is frustrated. He is now a seasoned veteran and should know better than that. If you really hate it that much Ant, go home and install garage doors for a living. :mad:

tha_jackal
20th May 2007, 12:43
Ant West's post race interview was pathetic. He bagged his mechanics which is not on, even if he is frustrated. He is now a seasoned veteran and should know better than that. If you really hate it that much Ant, go home and install garage doors for a living. :mad:

Have to agree really, very dissapointed that he'd do that again after last year :( Lets hope he just gets his head down for the rest of this year then moves on to WSS or WSBK in 2008.. Not good as a fan to hear him so dejected again.. Sucks! It was VERY annoying to see Simoncelli and Kallio etc just blasting past him on the straights only for him to catch them in the corners. That would have to take its toll, especially after being on the podium last week in WSS. You can understand his mood to some extent, i just dont think he should be interviewed post race, no other riders that finish in his position are, theyd be saying similar things im sure.. And all he said was that his mechanics arent familiar with setting up the suspension of the bike and it takes its toll on his tyres, he just isnt great with words so it sounds worse.

jim mcglinchey
20th May 2007, 14:05
Suzookkeeeeeeee, Suzzoookkeeeee. Oh, Id to wait along time for that!

tha_jackal
20th May 2007, 14:17
Hell yer!!! Go Vermeulen!! Two Aussies on the podium!! Couldnt be happier right now..

ozrevhead
20th May 2007, 14:29
me neither jackal :D :D :D

Both showed maturity beyond their years - particularly Casey who now has a championship to consider

NinjaMaster
20th May 2007, 15:08
Sensational race, absolutely action packed! I was soo tense watching Chris and Casey in particular. I could just visualise the front disappearing on them like it did for Nicky. I was gutted for Hayden who was having his best ride for the year only to lose the front. At least things are looking more positive for him. It was probably the most impressive I've seen Dani look in the wet too. And damn RDP got my hopes up putting the green meanie in the lead only to (as expected) chuck it away. Oh well, next year when we get Lorenzo racing for us... ;)

fatman
20th May 2007, 15:15
What a fun race to watch. CV is a demon in the wet and huge props for brining home his first win and Suzuki's first in a long time. Casey also performed very well and like a champion. He's a real contender now and has a chance to open up more of a lead at Mugello, although Rossi will be tough to beat on his home turf.

I haven't watched the 125 or 250s yet but I can't imagine they had as much going on as MotoGP. Everything happened in that race from Dunlop leading to a Suzuki 1-2 to Pole man slipping right to the back with-in a couple of turns.

Corny
20th May 2007, 16:22
good for the sport that a team like dunlop yamaha can ride at the front (and being shown on tv).. such things sure help with finding sponsors!

millencolin
20th May 2007, 16:26
that race was an absolute corker! it had everything!!!

and Vermeulen, what a race, what a rider!!! 2 aussies on the podium, i cant stop smiling!!! i just watched the late night replay on 10 after watching the fox sports one... just a great race!!!!

I wonder what was wrong with rossi? bad suspension set up?

Corny
20th May 2007, 16:34
Rossi probably made a wrong tyre choice, and worned (is that word correct?) his tyres too much

Schultz
20th May 2007, 16:37
Oh yeh! I really think I would have rather seen an Aussie 1-3 with Chrissy V in front than vice versa. What a top performance. It's really great to see Casey pass all the tests we give him, and Chris start to make a real name for himself. I'm going to bed a happy man.

Ranger
21st May 2007, 08:01
SENSATIONAL! That race was nuts! I don't think I've ever seen a more action-packed race in my life! :D

Of course, Vermeulen winning was just the icing on the cake. I'm almost speechless.

The Phantom
21st May 2007, 12:17
Rossi probably made a wrong tyre choice, and worned (is that word correct?) his tyres too much

Worned = wore.

Both Rossi and Edwards appear to have gambled on 'light rain' so ran hard compound wets, which would have worked if a dry line had appeared. Unfortunately for them it just got wetter and wetter.

Really amazing stuff - Frenchies rode like demons, Pedrosa rode like never before in the rain, Hayden looked like a different rider, Edwards from pole to nowhere, Elias down - oh hang on that's not so odd - Hoffman beating Rossi, Vermeulen's first win, Guintoli leading/crashing/pitting/returning to finish just outside the top 10... did I miss anything? : )

jim mcglinchey
21st May 2007, 13:33
Do you think Chris is related to French rugby ace Elvis Vermeulen. Probably not.

Isnt Kevin Schwantz starting to look old, and he'd hardly be 40 yet. Still, he has suffered alot of pain.

kiwigav
22nd May 2007, 11:05
Crikey, where did all these Aussies come from on this forum? ;)

ozrevhead
23rd May 2007, 01:53
lol

weve been here since the old forum mate ;) :p

AndyRAC
23rd May 2007, 11:21
Yeah an exciting race, Guintoli and De Puniet actually leading, poor Hayden crashing, Vermeulen takes first win. Excellent result in 125's for Bradley Smith, first podium, hopefully the first of many, a future star??? Keep him away from superbikes.

F1boat
24th May 2007, 08:42
Great race, respect for Vermeulen!!!

jim mcglinchey
24th May 2007, 10:07
I remember when Vermy signed for Suzook there were people on this forum saying that he'd thrown his career away. Ha!

BTW rumour has it that Kevin Schwantz may manage a sattellite Suzuki team with Alex deAngelis riding.

NinjaMaster
24th May 2007, 10:37
I remember when Vermy signed for Suzook there were people on this forum saying that he'd thrown his career away. Ha!

BTW rumour has it that Kevin Schwantz may manage a sattellite Suzuki team with Alex deAngelis riding.
That's right Jim. It's always best to get in with a factory and given that the Pons team folded anyway, it was a masterstroke decision.

There is also a rumour of the Aspar team wanting to head to MotoGP with either Zook or Kwak. Hopefully there can be a Schwantz satellite Suzuki team and an Aspar Kawasaki satellite team to bump up a few numbers on the grid.

Oops, forgot to mention congrats on 1,000 posts fella. :beer: And here's to 1,000 more good posts. :up:

ArmchairBikeFan
24th May 2007, 12:47
I'm not sure where the sponsorship will come from for all these rumoured new teams, but I'd be over the moon to see Ten Kate Honda, Schwantz Suzuki and Aspar Kwaka on the track.

maxu05
24th May 2007, 15:37
I'm not sure where the sponsorship will come from for all these rumoured new teams, but I'd be over the moon to see Ten Kate Honda, Schwantz Suzuki and Aspar Kwaka on the track.

I'll drink to that, come to mention it, I'll drink to anything :beer: :beer: hic oops :laugh: :beer: :beer: