PDA

View Full Version : Will Rossi Be King in 2007 ????

alfa155btcc
16th May 2007, 00:33
Want all your views on how the 2007 season will pan out, up and till now there has only been 2 riders in it the doctor Valentino Rossi and the not so rookie Casey Stoner, The Ducati has had so much more power and the Yanaha has had the better cornering speed, will Yamaha catch up with power or will Stomer throw it down the road like he did last year, would be nice personally if Rossi could retain his title, but just don`t know that`s why Moto Gp is heads and shoulders above F1 for passion power excitement and overall great racing.

alfa155btcc
:s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin:

The Phantom
16th May 2007, 01:52
I was thinking this morning that now he has a very fast bike under him it's *unlikely* that Stoner will go back to his crash-happy ways - he's going fast without over-riding the bike, so the risk of going down is very much reduced.

In my own roadriding experience I've occasionally found that sometimes I can outride the bike (my VFR750, where I reach the bike's limits before I reach mine) and sometimes I can't (my wife's Triumph TT600, which still had plenty in the tank when I was at my personal limit). Same thing for racebikes I think, although at a far far higher level!

I think in 2007 we have two very tough and talented racers who will battle right to the finish. Rossi's pedigree is well known; but dig a little deeper on Stoner and you'll find he's also been racing and winning (they both have the same expectation that they can always win!) since he was 4 years old. He's no overnight sensation that's for sure.

leopard
16th May 2007, 05:16
Want all your views on how the 2007 season will pan out, up and till now there has only been 2 riders in it the doctor Valentino Rossi and the not so rookie Casey Stoner...

We've talked nicks for Stoner and the not so rookie wasn't that in the list suggested nickname for him.

leopard
16th May 2007, 05:28
I think besides Stoner, Rossi's domination this season will also depend on how quick development of Honda with the new more reliable bike 800 cc. In seasons backward I didn't see Pedrosa as a less quick than Stoner provided the bike isn't handicapping him from doing so. And i still believe besides Stoner, Pedrosa will give some disturbance to Rossi retaining the title.

maxu05
16th May 2007, 05:49
I think it will be a 3 way battle between Rossi,Stoner and Pedrosa, with the likes of Hopkins, Melandri, Capirossi and perhaps even Randy dePuniet stealing the odd podium.

pino
16th May 2007, 06:25
Unless Honda improves a lot in the next 2 races, Pedrosa has no chances...it will be a Stoner-Rossi duel to the end, me thinks :)

Ranger
16th May 2007, 07:07
I hope Honda get good for the sake of a better championship. :up:

To answer your question, most likely he will be. But be re-assured that Stoner ain't just a flash in the pan. He'll be there at season's end, barring injury.

leopard
16th May 2007, 08:24
Unless Honda improves a lot in the next 2 races, Pedrosa has no chances...it will be a Stoner-Rossi duel to the end, me thinks :)

You think it wrongly Pino, it will be duel between Rossi, Capirosi, and Melandri

:D

Corny
16th May 2007, 10:50
Rossi vs Stoner.. I hope Rossi can win it one time more :D

alfa155btcc
16th May 2007, 12:16
i am a big rossi fan but hope he can win another championship and not just cause i think he`s the best rider he has agreat personality, unlike a certain Michael Schumacher, do agree with alot of earlier coments stoner is not a one trick pony but if he has to push bike think he is vulnerable to the odd mis hap, Honda have been very disapointing especially Hayden where is he ??? :s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin:

jim mcglinchey
16th May 2007, 12:54
I dont think he'll be king in '07 or any other year to come. I think he's had his day, there are too many young up and coming riders who want that crown.

maxu05
16th May 2007, 13:17
I think Rossi will be the man to beat as long as he is in motogp. Casey might take the title if he keeps it up. Pedrosa has to be the biggest challenger to the title, if they get the Honda working. Capirossi, Melandri and Hopkins will also be up there, but I don't think they can take the title. Hayden, no chance, one hit wonder IMO.

Corny
16th May 2007, 13:17
I think he's had his day, there are too many young up and coming riders who want that crown.

Is it Valentino Rossi you are talking about?

alfa155btcc
17th May 2007, 00:49
yes that`s what i thought about the coment made about Rossi (had his day) he is still young way off Capirossi yet, I think he is still the man to beat whatever the rider or bike :eek: :eek: :eek:

tha_jackal
17th May 2007, 01:49
Back in Europe + On tracks where the number of Horses pulling you down the dragstrip doesn't matter as much = Rossi getting PLENTY of wins. He'll have the championship lead back by the break. Mark my words hahah ;)

Although.. Id be pleasantly surprised if Casey can keep winning, I also predict CV to start getting up in the front pack, once his qualifying efforts improve and once he gets a drama free race.

Look out for the EEvil HRC to pull out some improvements over the next few races aswell.

ChrisS
17th May 2007, 16:40
Michelin probably has grip levels and other data about every little stone on the tarmac of European circuits so I expect them to have an advantage, plus straight line speed doesn't matter so much so I expect Rossi and Yamaha to have an advantage over Stoner and Ducati.

If we say that the fight for the title this year will be between Rossi and Stoner then what is Honda's role?

if Rossi is dominant at the more technical races, and a few Hondas are able to get in front of Stoner that will benefit Rossi, on the other hand if Rossi and the Hondas share the wins at the more technical races, that will benefit Stoner.

alfa155btcc
18th May 2007, 13:19
Good comments, I agree European Circuits will suit MIchelin and I think will be harder for Bridgestone shod Ducati`s, but changing subject slightly, if Ducati is so fast this year faster than anything else on a straight where is Capirossi ??

tha_jackal
18th May 2007, 14:50
Look out for the EEvil HRC to pull out some improvements over the next few races aswell.

Hmmm.. Psychic much? :D If FP1 & 2 are anything to go by!

19th May 2007, 05:55
I think Stoner will be king but Rossi will push him hard all the way - We wouldn't expect anything less of the Doctor, he's the best of the best, and a nice guy. Thought Pedrosa would be doing much better but if the Honda's not up to it :( ,

alfa155btcc
19th May 2007, 11:03
these next 7 races in 10 weeks will go a long way to deciding who gets title, hope rossi gets a win this weekend, but you just don`t know that`swhat I love about moto gp

ozrevhead
19th May 2007, 12:37
I think Stoner will be king but Rossi will push him hard all the way - We wouldn't expect anything less of the Doctor, he's the best of the best, and a nice guy. Thought Pedrosa would be doing much better but if the Honda's not up to it :( ,
Surprised at that considering Honda everything new and improved to Pedrosa

I expect Rossi to come at Casey but I have confidence that he's up to it!!

Truth be told what casey has done this year has been beyond my wildest dreams

GO CASEY!!

Corny
19th May 2007, 14:18
if Stoner can beat Rossi on Le Mans (it seems that's likely to happen); I believe he can beat Rossi anywhere..

Hotbikerchic33
20th May 2007, 14:31
Well its abit early in the season to tell if Rossi will be king in 2007 but the way things are going i very much doubt it! :D

I am a big Casey Stoner fan ( also like Marco too) and my other half is a BIG Valentino Rossi fan! :(

I really do hope Casey wins the championship this yr as although Valentino is a very good rider he isnt God like his fans seem to think he is!

I personally think like someone commented early Valentino has had his day in MotoGp to many new young riders coming up who are giving him a run for his money!! :D

What makes me laugh about Valentino Fans is when ever he doesnt win they never say or admit Valentino had a bad day its also down to his bike or something and my other half is just the same! :rolleyes:

And do you know what he agree's Valentino Fans are like that!!! :D

NinjaMaster
20th May 2007, 15:13
It is a very interesting situation with Vale. I don't think that anyone has really put him under pressure in his career before so it will be interesting to see how he copes with it at the moment. There is still such a long way to go in the year but the stats are on Casey's side. Perhaps a tad harsh to say Vale's had his day just yet although I think he has reached his peak and has no more improvement left. He will still be a force for the rest of the season.

The Phantom
20th May 2007, 15:26
I've always thought that Rossi struggles when under pressure - he makes mistakes. It's just that it's so rare (he has been the best in the field) that when it happens it's shrugged off, and he usually recovers and comes back so it's forgotten.

He's done all there is to do, and then some. He can certainly be forgiven for pulling back a little, if he did so. Having said that, I doubt whether 2007 will be the year he decides to let it go - if Stoner is to be champion in 2007 he will certainly have to work for it.

I think Rossi will be King in 2008 : )

(and then retire)

(I also think he'll come back from retirement once he's done what he wants to do in WRC, and be a dominant GP rider again)

alfa155btcc
20th May 2007, 20:36
well i never saw that result coming missed race live will be watching this evening, Great vistory for Vermulen don`t thnk anyone saw that coming, great second for Melandri, and well done to stoner getting third, a poor result for Rossi what is going on caught end of race highlights on BBC 2 with Suzy Perry she mentioned something about Yamaha team making mistake in choosing softer compound for wet race don`t know if this is true or not, Rossi has alot to do although it is still early days, don`t think it`s gonna get any better though Mugello coming up Ducati track, come on Rossi.

Ranger
21st May 2007, 08:11
Well, from now on it gets tougher for Rossi. We saw him close a 90-odd point deficit last year but this year the opposition in Ducati, Bridgestone and Stoner is looking harder to top.

He can be king and will be there at the end... but I'm not so sure he will be king, this year anyway.

NinjaMaster
21st May 2007, 09:57
Last year, Rossi was the fastest and made up ground that had been lost through bad luck. This year he is going to have to make up ground that is there because of a (currently) superior bike and rider package. It is still only a small margin at this point though and a heck of a long way left to go in the season.

alfa155btcc
21st May 2007, 18:03
that is true 21 points between Stoner and Rossi not a lot but like i said earlier Mugello is a Ducati track
:s mokin:

jim mcglinchey
21st May 2007, 18:36
[quote="Malllen"]Well, from now on it gets tougher for Rossi. We saw him close a 90-odd point deficit last year but this year the opposition in Ducati, Bridgestone and Stoner is looking harder to top.

Rossi was never as much as 90 points behind. I think the worst stage was straight after laguna seca when he was lieing fourth in the championship, 51 points behind leader Nicky.

jim mcglinchey
21st May 2007, 18:42
[quote="Malllen"]Well, from now on it gets tougher for Rossi. We saw him close a 90-odd point deficit last year but this year the opposition in Ducati, Bridgestone and Stoner is looking harder to top.

Rossi was never as much as 90 points behind. I think the worst stage was straight after laguna seca when he was lieing fourth in the championship, 51 points behind leader Nicky.

alfa155btcc
21st May 2007, 21:34
you are correct Jim, thinking about it and looking at some of last years coverage he never was 90 points behind unless i stand corrected
:s mokin:

Ranger
22nd May 2007, 07:26
Must've been thinking about the similar situation in 1992, sorry about that.

alfa155btcc
25th May 2007, 15:06
Come on guys lets have your pridictions on MUgello this weekend is Rossi going to do something this weekend or is it Stoner`s weekend, I personally think wether it`s stoner or Capirossi it will be a red bike that wins although I would love to see a Yamaha with Fiat livery riden by The Doctor, let us know your predictions also for 125 and 250 races.