PDA

View Full Version : WRC2 / WRC3 News & Rumours 2022

Pages : [1] 2

Sulland
26th November 2021, 10:35
Who will we see in next years WRC2 for Rally2 cars?

Andre Oliveira
26th November 2021, 11:04
Mikkelsen

rp
26th November 2021, 11:10
Who will we see in next years WRC2 for Rally2 cars?

Mikkelsen - Toksport SKODA
Bulacia - Toksport SKODA ?
Ingram - Toksport SKODA
Lindholm - Toksport ? SKODA
Heikkilä - TGS ? SKODA
Suninen - RedGrey ? Hyundai
Veiby - RedGrey ? Hyundai ?
López - ? Hyundai ?
McErlean - PCRS Hyundai ?
Tundo - ? Hyundai (1 event)
Huttunen - M-Sport Ford
Cais - M-Sport Ford ?
Prokop - M-Sport Ford ?
Pajari ? - M-Sport Ford ?
Østberg - TRT ? Citroën
Rossel - Sainteloc ? Citroën
Johnston - Sainteloc ? Citroën
Camilli- Sports & You ? Citroën
Gryazin - ?
Linnamäe - ?

lankey555
26th November 2021, 21:35
Meeke!!!

AnttiL
28th November 2021, 19:11
Kajetanowicz?

Kenneth
6th December 2021, 20:20
Cais - M-Sport Ford ?

Cais with Ford is pretty much confirmed. Car will be still prepared by Orsák Racing, but it's pretty possible that he will run under M-Sport banner.

Andre Oliveira
9th December 2021, 11:25
https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/paddon-closing-in-on-a-wrc2-deal/

rp
9th December 2021, 15:20
Paddon - RedGrey ? Hyundai
Munster - BMA Hyundai ?

PLuto
13th December 2021, 19:36
I have changed the name of this thread, so I hope it will be more understandable now. I have also moved "wrong" messages to the correct thread.

Andre Oliveira
14th December 2021, 14:42
http://planetemarcus.com/sept-rallyes-wrc-2-pour-ingram-en-2022/

Ingram in Monte-Carlo, Croatia, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain and Northern Ireland (?)

AnttiL
14th December 2021, 14:50
http://planetemarcus.com/sept-rallyes-wrc-2-pour-ingram-en-2022/

Ingram in Monte-Carlo, Croatia, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain and Northern Ireland (?)

With Toksport Skoda

Fast Eddie WRC
14th December 2021, 15:10
With Toksport Skoda

He already had a two-year deal with them confirmed last year.

rp
14th December 2021, 16:54

No more one round outside Europe? This year it was changed, because Japan was cancelled, but next year should be Kenya, New Zealand and Japan.

Co-driven
14th December 2021, 17:14
No more one round outside Europe? This year it was changed, because Japan was cancelled, but next year should be Kenya, New Zealand and Japan.

Considering that there won't be a separation between "works" teams and privateers (as there was WRC2 and WRC3 in 2021), I think there won't be this overseas obligation...Sporting Regulations should be published soon and then we will know for sure what will be necessary.

wyler
24th December 2021, 19:25
Cais confirmed in WRC2 Junior from Monte

Andre Oliveira
3rd January 2022, 07:48
Cerny full WRC3 season

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FIKh51zX0AYsLPK?format=jpg&name=large

wyler
9th January 2022, 22:51
rossel to have full wrc2 campaign with citroen and ph sport

Yohan Rossel
@Rosselyohan
Hello
@OfficialWRC
! ��

The moment has come for me to announce my full WRC2 programme with
@CitroenRacing
and
@PH__Sport
!

The adventure continues and we will fight to hold the #C3Rally2Family colours high !

See you in #RallyeMonteCarlo !

AnttiL
10th January 2022, 11:36
The Monte entry list is now out, complete with different variants on WRC participation

- Toksport with two teams, but Gryazin in "Toksport WRT 2" is not eligible for team points. Ingram is also ran by Toksport, but he is entered by "Chris Ingram".
- Yacco Accr Team has one Ford and one VW on the entry list.
- PH Sport runs Rossel's Citroen, Sainteloc Junior Team Camilli and Johnston.
- No "team" entries from Hyundai or M-Sport.
- Bulacia, Gryazin, Ingram, Cais and Munster are running for WRC2 Junior points
- Loix, Burri, Miele, Boland, Rosati, Raoux, Covi and Arengi for WRC2 Master points.

WRCStan
10th January 2022, 13:13
The Monte entry list is now out, complete with different variants on WRC participation

- Toksport with two teams, but Gryazin in "Toksport WRT 2" is not eligible for team points. Ingram is also ran by Toksport, but he is entered by "Chris Ingram".

Well that settles that. 6.2.2 stands, teams must start with only 2 cars - M-Sport/Portugal was overlooked last year, and 6.4.3 is incorrect.

Hyundai and M-Sport will turn up, but I wonder if 20 entries was capped or what they received? It's small increase but higher numbers than previous years.

Fast Eddie WRC
10th January 2022, 14:45
Seems the new 2022 WRC2 is no simpler than the previous WRC2/WRC3 - there are Team entries, second teams, Non-Team entries but run by the team and independent entries run by other non-Manu teams. plus Masters and Junior entrants !!

pantealex
10th January 2022, 16:32
Seems the new 2022 WRC2 is no simpler than the previous WRC2/WRC3 - there are Team entries, second teams, Non-Team entries but run by the team and independent entries run by other non-Manu teams. plus Masters and Junior entrants !!

to me Monte entries look simple, same WRC2 for every driver + support category for some.
https://acm.mc/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/RAMC-2022-Official-Entry-List.pdf
I don´t care who has entered the crew or which team has rented that car.
WRC2 is THE thing and others are just sub categories inside WRC2.
Last year was way more complicated!

Sulland
10th January 2022, 17:04
It also looks like Hyundai could be Østbergs next project.

No cars entered by a factory bound team
According to the solbergs the Rally2 car is far from finished, and is not easy to drive.

TypeR
10th January 2022, 17:26
What about Teemu?

ouvreur
11th January 2022, 06:01
According to the solbergs the Rally2 car is far from finished, and is not easy to drive.

I'd say that quote is more of a case of self-defence, than an objective assessment of the car's capabilities... if indeed Oliver has even said that.

I wonder if that would be the feedback, if he'd managed to win WRC2 / RC2 on an event in an i20 N Rally2, rather than 3 DNFs?

AnttiL
11th January 2022, 07:02
Suninen said the same about new Hyundai Rally2. I've translated his Finnish quotes somewhere, but if I remember it was mostly the handling that was awkward, going from understeer to oversteer too surprisingly. Hopefully something that can be rectified by dampers and setup, because there's not a lot that can be changed with the sparse homologation jokers.

Fast Eddie WRC
11th January 2022, 09:30
to me Monte entries look simple, same WRC2 for every driver + support category for some.
https://acm.mc/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/RAMC-2022-Official-Entry-List.pdf
I don´t care who has entered the crew or which team has rented that car.
WRC2 is THE thing and others are just sub categories inside WRC2.
Last year was way more complicated!

They were all in the same (Rally 2) cars last year. But now it's still a mess with the number of sub-catagories, and who has more or less team support and amount of testing.

AnttiL
11th January 2022, 09:33

The main thing is that we don't have anymore two parallel series's with the same car. It's tough for privateers, but the long-term plan is to forward some of them to WRC3 with Rally3 cars when they take their first steps in 4WD cars.

AnttiL
12th January 2022, 08:01
https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2022/wrc2/m-sport-ford-undecided-on-wrc2-line-up/

It appears that no one wants to drive WRC2 for M-Sport

Andre Oliveira
12th January 2022, 08:20
They developed Rally3 and Rally4 before end of the year. Why they didn’t improve Rally2 car too? It is notorious that need some improvement.

Danny0405
12th January 2022, 08:51
https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2022/wrc2/m-sport-ford-undecided-on-wrc2-line-up/

It appears that no one wants to drive WRC2 for M-Sport

Not a surprise, investing in a Rally2 M-Sport is probably the worst choice today from a strictly competitive point of view. IMO, M-Sport should have found a deal WRC championship + some Rally1 drives for Ostberg or Mikkelsen to help developing the car.
Should be a difficult year for them again in WRC-2; let’s hope Huttunen and Cais can deliver some good drives.

AnttiL
12th January 2022, 09:03
They developed Rally3 and Rally4 before end of the year. Why they didn’t improve Rally2 car too? It is notorious that need some improvement.

You said it, they spent 2021 developing Rally1, Rally3 and Rally4 so no time and resources for Rally2.

My suggestion: hire Huttunen and make him develop the car.

mknight
12th January 2022, 15:31
I was expecting they would confirm Huttunen in some way at this point.

Sulland
13th January 2022, 18:53
Cool with 8 crews in MC driving in the new Master class.
Will be fun to follow the golden generation competing!

PLuto
13th January 2022, 19:18
Cool with 8 crews in MC driving in the new Master class.
Will be fun to follow the golden generation competing!

We wanted to bring this idea to ERC few years ago. It was refused by FIA...

dupanton
13th January 2022, 20:13
If things go well in Monte Carlo, we might see Freddy Loix (and Pieter Tsjoen) on more WRC2 rallies this year.

AnttiL
17th January 2022, 10:09
https://www.mtvuutiset.fi/artikkeli/asiantuntijaksi-hyppavalta-teemu-suniselta-mehukas-arvio-mm-rallikauden-kynnyksella-rovanperan-kallen-haluan-nimeta/8331496#gs.mnr39v

Suninen says that they start the WRC2 season later due to lack of spare parts caused by COVID-19. They also want to make good preparations and development tests.

Jarek Z
18th January 2022, 18:27
Interesting. Erik Cais decided to bless his car before the new season:
https://www.facebook.com/erikcaisrally/posts/4621496304613025

Tom K
19th January 2022, 19:33
Some of you probably remember discussion about WRC 2 rules. So, the final outcome is that point 6.4.3 was wrong. Driver to be eligible to score Drivers' points can be registered by team or by himself. The later means that he can pay 3k euros, as in WRC 3 last year.

AnttiL
21st January 2022, 05:42
Suninen had said on Finnish TV that the chassis Solberg crashed in Finland is still under repair and that's one of the reasons they didn't start Monte (could also be related to lack of spare parts mentioned earlier or just busyness with Rally1)

Danny0405
24th January 2022, 00:32
After a 1st Rally, the new championship system for Rally2 seems better even if some things can be improved: the Junior and Masters championships does not mess up the global understanding. Could seem a little complex at the beginning but the comparison is clearer I think.

Some points could be improved:

- the Junior eligibility rule is a little too tricky in my opinion: I’m not sure comparing Gryazin or Bulacia (both 25th start in a R5/Rally2 in WRC and more than 20 in ERC for the Russian) with Cais (2nd WRC event and 12 ERC R5 event) and Munster (8th WRC event and 8 ERC R5 event) is totally fair. And, for example, Rossel has only 16 R5/Rally2 WRC évent (and no ERC) in career and he cannot participate, even if a little older; the same for Huttunen. But it’s always difficult to find a good rule to and, still, it gives an acceptable level of competition for the category with also Lindholm and Lopez to come and maybe others.

- the power stages point rules should be the same for all the championships, here is too specific (a rule for WRC, another for WRC2 and no point for the rest). Or at least the same for all which is not WRC.

Two things are quite useless but, as it has no effect on the global championship, never mind;

- the Masters thing, okay it helped to attract some drivers but I’m not sure it’s coherent with the development of WRC-3 championship and Rally3

- The team championship is useless (last year is a good evidence with Movisport win) but still, okay, it gives some visibility to a team such as Toksport so not really an issue. But, as Toksport is the only real team to play the game, the interest is really limited.

About Rally3, I’m still skeptical: as there is no young big names or good references and that this car is still below Rally2 level, it is really difficult to know what is the value of this championship; and when he wins the class, is he good or the others bad? And does his gap with Rally2 good or not? It was already the case in Rally4 to be honest but the difference was that there were more cars to compare and it was less expensive. So I’m not sure this more expensive solution is a good thing. Let’s hope it can succeed but I’m not sure of the principle.
The only positive is that it should help to have a very good high-level Junior championship in Rally4 in ERC as they cannot make WRC anymore.

pantealex
24th January 2022, 08:50
After a 1st Rally, the new championship system for Rally2 seems better even if some things can be improved: the Junior and Masters championships does not mess up the global understanding. Could seem a little complex at the beginning but the comparison is clearer I think.

Some points could be improved:

- the Junior eligibility rule is a little too tricky in my opinion: I’m not sure comparing Gryazin or Bulacia (both 25th start in a R5/Rally2 in WRC and more than 20 in ERC for the Russian) with Cais (2nd WRC event and 12 ERC R5 event) and Munster (8th WRC event and 8 ERC R5 event) is totally fair. And, for example, Rossel has only 16 R5/Rally2 WRC évent (and no ERC) in career and he cannot participate, even if a little older; the same for Huttunen. But it’s always difficult to find a good rule to and, still, it gives an acceptable level of competition for the category with also Lindholm and Lopez to come and maybe others.

- the power stages point rules should be the same for all the championships, here is too specific (a rule for WRC, another for WRC2 and no point for the rest). Or at least the same for all which is not WRC.

Two things are quite useless but, as it has no effect on the global championship, never mind;

- the Masters thing, okay it helped to attract some drivers but I’m not sure it’s coherent with the development of WRC-3 championship and Rally3

- The team championship is useless (last year is a good evidence with Movisport win) but still, okay, it gives some visibility to a team such as Toksport so not really an issue. But, as Toksport is the only real team to play the game, the interest is really limited.

About Rally3, I’m still skeptical: as there is no young big names or good references and that this car is still below Rally2 level, it is really difficult to know what is the value of this championship; and when he wins the class, is he good or the others bad? And does his gap with Rally2 good or not? It was already the case in Rally4 to be honest but the difference was that there were more cars to compare and it was less expensive. So I’m not sure this more expensive solution is a good thing. Let’s hope it can succeed but I’m not sure of the principle.
The only positive is that it should help to have a very good high-level Junior championship in Rally4 in ERC as they cannot make WRC anymore.

I agree with you in most points but wanted to add:

Most likely there will be WRC2Teams from Hyundai and Msport also, but it still pretty useless Cup.

I think they are aiming to get drivers do WRC3 before WRC2, that way WRC2J drivers have more WRC starts

WRC3J/JWRC starts in Sweden, that should make WRC3 pretty interesting serie.

WRCStan
24th January 2022, 11:17

There shouldn't really be big names entering WRC3, only exiting it as it's a privateer or proving ground. It's early days yet, the championships need to exist first to allow people to adjust.

I might sigh though if there are more JWRC entries than open entries on non-JWRC rounds. I will definitely laugh if it's non-Junior Pajari who can't fail to podium every round to become Open Champion but not Junior Champion but I've said enough about that in the JWRC thread.

Danny0405
25th January 2022, 16:19
One question for those who know it:
What is the point of creating fake WRC-2 teams for the team championship?

Toksport is a true team, they prepare their own cars so it’s okay and it gives them some visibility even if they have to pay 10k€ registration fees.

For M-Sport, clearly, some of the drivers used in the championship teams are only clients (Prokop last year, Adielsson in next Swedish rally) but I could understand as the entry fees are free for them for the WRC-2 team championship (As a Rally1 manufacturer). All the more than the car is effectively prepared by M-Sport.

But I don’t really understand a fake team like Movisport last year or Yacco ACCR team in Monte Carlo (probably a team around Cais only with some local Yacco-supported drivers from other teams as a supporting cast). Don’t really mind but I don’t really understand what is the model for paying 10k€ registration fee: I don’t see anything about the prize money; the visibility is low, neither it seems to lower the driver registration fees.
So quite surprised.

Mirek
25th January 2022, 16:40
- the Junior eligibility rule is a little too tricky in my opinion: I’m not sure comparing Gryazin or Bulacia (both 25th start in a R5/Rally2 in WRC and more than 20 in ERC for the Russian) with Cais (2nd WRC event and 12 ERC R5 event) and Munster (8th WRC event and 8 ERC R5 event) is totally fair.

I think Erik is perfectly OK with being compared to them because that's why he is there in the first place ;)

But I don’t really understand a fake team like Movisport last year or Yacco ACCR team in Monte Carlo (probably a team around Cais only with some local Yacco-supported drivers from other teams as a supporting cast). Don’t really mind but I don’t really understand what is the model for paying 10k€ registration fee: I don’t see anything about the prize money; the visibility is low, neither it seems to lower the driver registration fees.
So quite surprised.

It is probably more important for the sponsors than we think. At least with Yacco ACCR it's one of the highlights of the post-RMC press release after all.

Mirek
25th January 2022, 18:20
Don't know if it was posted here already. Kristensson was testing with Kowax team. Will he replace Huttunen?

WRCStan
25th January 2022, 18:49
Very good question Danny, it's also run through my head. Yacco makes sense if they get advertising out of it, their name will be documented forever and might get some links out of it and other things.

But please allow me to hijack your question and pitch a WRC3 Team to the forums and maybe find out what's in it for the likes of Movisport this way. Printsport might show up but M-Sport just shouldn't and Brazolli didn't go with Movisport in Monte. Not sure who else there is or would be(?). We just need €10,000 and a willing driver/s who is already competing (we can bribe them with a set of tyres ;)). The money can be from your savings or some tax avoidance stuff, it doesn't matter to me. Is there anything else?

Benefits are: team passes at rallies that you were going to pay for tickets at anyway, huge trophies to impress the neighbours with, rub shoulders with motorsport elite at the Gala Ball, then also any secret prize money! Who wants to be World Rally Champions with me?

Sulland
25th January 2022, 20:12
This is taken from wrc.com, is the junior class rules changed?

How does the WRC2 Open Championship work?Every round of the WRC season features WRC2, but drivers and co-drivers can only nominate seven scoring rounds. Their best six results count.Are there other classes within WRC2?Yes. Drivers and co-drivers under the age of 30 are eligible for the WRC2 Junior Championship. At the other end of the spectrum, drivers and co-drivers over the age of 50 are eligible for the WRC Masters Cup.

Danny0405
25th January 2022, 20:22
Don’t think so; I think the text here is more a sort a summary for newcomers of the general idea without entering into much details: it is why the other rules are not mentionned

skarderud
26th January 2022, 05:34
Østberg is not doing sweden, thats the first time in his entire carriere.

He are supposedly in discusions with 2 teams, one of them is Citröen, and a other team he didn't want to say.
First rally is croatia he aims.
Both Hyundai and M-sport need his help with theire Rally2's.

Veiby is doing sweden in a KMS Polo R5, so the Hyundai adventure is over i presume.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

ouvreur
26th January 2022, 07:10
Both Hyundai and M-sport need his help with theire Rally2's.

Sorry... what? These teams need Mads' help with their cars? Help to do what, make them worse?

We're talking about this Mads Østberg, right? https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/ostberg-fears-development-error-on-citroen-after-issues/

Ok, he might have learned from those mistakes, but would you give that sort of responsibility to someone who has openly admitted to making errors in development of a car? It's not really a glowing recommendation...

wyler
26th January 2022, 08:42
Sorry... what? These teams need Mads' help with their cars? Help to do what, make them worse?

We're talking about this Mads Østberg, right? https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/ostberg-fears-development-error-on-citroen-after-issues/

Ok, he might have learned from those mistakes, but would you give that sort of responsibility to someone who has openly admitted to making errors in development of a car? It's not really a glowing recommendation...

is also the same guy that brought a quite crappy c3 nearly to a fabia level...

skarderud
26th January 2022, 09:31

Ok, he might have learned from those mistakes, but would you give that sort of responsibility to someone who has openly admitted to making errors in development of a car? It's not really a glowing recommendation...He is a good developmentdriver, and obviusly learning by his mistakes.
The C3 is a good car these days.

AnttiL
26th January 2022, 09:38
Hearing from various sources that Hyundai's and Suninen's WRC2 season starts from Portugal

lmmjvss
26th January 2022, 12:11
But please allow me to hijack your question and pitch a WRC3 Team to the forums and maybe find out what's in it for the likes of Movisport this way (...) -
Who wants to be World Rally Champions with me?

Haha This was so good. I honestly dont understand why someone would put money into motorsport for the Return of Investment. I mean, suuure, Heiniken gets a decent propaganda in F1 and can absolutely reach more eyeballs. Other than that, I still find hard to understand. I think its more about "ok, let me invest in something Im passioned about". I'd not put money into a rally car :/ ...but -IF I HAD THE CASH, OC- I'd love to support a super buggy in the FIA euro autocross haha or a 450cc bike in American Flack Track championship (the singles class, not the harleys and indians). It was interesting to think about that. Maybe its where our actual favorite motorsport is. It pops out and say "Yeah, its me, not wrc!". Great post mate.

PLuto
26th January 2022, 16:30
One question for those who know it:
What is the point of creating fake WRC-2 teams for the team championship?

Toksport is a true team, they prepare their own cars so it’s okay and it gives them some visibility even if they have to pay 10k€ registration fees.

For M-Sport, clearly, some of the drivers used in the championship teams are only clients (Prokop last year, Adielsson in next Swedish rally) but I could understand as the entry fees are free for them for the WRC-2 team championship (As a Rally1 manufacturer). All the more than the car is effectively prepared by M-Sport.

So quite surprised.

There are few things why to use it. Last year you cannot use as competitors name anything else than name of driver, if you are not registered to teams championship. This has changed only for this year and on very last moment, when most of entries to Monte were done. Also in the past it was enough to make team registration and you can nominate drivers without any additional payment to WRC2 drivers, this is also gone. And of course, sometimes sponsors likes if their name is mentioned in the name of competitor.

PLuto
26th January 2022, 16:32
Benefits are: team passes at rallies that you were going to pay for tickets at anyway, huge trophies to impress the neighbours with, rub shoulders with motorsport elite at the Gala Ball, then also any secret prize money! Who wants to be World Rally Champions with me?

No more team passes (currently not decided if you enter as team or not, but you can choose two different versions of entries according to your service dimensions and team passes numbers, of course with different price). In Monte no trophy for teams championship (and also not for juniors). Also not invitation to the Gala in Monte (but in the end of season I think it will be). And for sure no prize money :)

RICARDO75
27th January 2022, 12:11
Test Teemu Suninen | Hyundai i20 N Rally2 | Pre WRC Season 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HZotRrPa8Q

Mirek
28th January 2022, 10:40
Next round for Erik Cais is Croatia.

Danny0405
29th January 2022, 11:25
Hearing from various sources that Hyundai's and Suninen's WRC2 season starts from Portugal

Quite logical even if he wins Croatia last year, Hyundai has so much to do with both Rally1 and Rally2 cars so they have to focus and probably easier to focus on gravel with the series of gravel rallies to come

About Ostberg, as said before by other members, he brings Citroen car from a still developing car to something probably equal to Skoda now (don’t forget Skoda won none of the 3 Big Rally2 titles in 2020 and they had to hire Mikkelsen to win titles in 2021).
So he is interesting for any team who has a car to develop: however, Hyundai already has Suninen who is also a fast gravel/snow driver, even if with much less experience.
And M-Sport has Huttunen + doesn’t have a big list of drivers according to Millener for WRC-2.

Logical for Cais to do the 4 European tarmac rallies (I include MC and the TBD) considering his profile. Don’t know for Japan, maybe a reserve round as his team is in the team championship (the 7th round, if made, must be Non-European for team championship); but Kenya may be cheaper. Portugal would sound logical with his experience (one or 2 gravel rallies there in the past) all the more with two gravel events there in the ERC in March.

pantealex
30th January 2022, 17:34
so in WRC3 you can drive only in WRC3J and not for WRC3Open (Junior has 8 entries in Sweden, Open only 4)
is that same allowed in WRC2 also ?
That way driver could drive for some points in every rally.

RallyGuide2 for Sweden says it's part of WRC3 Teams championship, 0 entries according to entry list ... (no WRC3T marked to any)

PLuto
30th January 2022, 18:32
so in WRC3 you can drive only in WRC3J and not for WRC3Open (Junior has 8 entries in Sweden, Open only 4)
is that same allowed in WRC2 also ?
That way driver could drive for some points in every rally.

RallyGuide2 for Sweden says it's part of WRC3 Teams championship, 0 entries according to entry list ... (no WRC3T marked to any)

You cannot do WRC2 Junior and not WRC2 Open.

It looks like you can do WRC3 Junior and not WRC3 Open. For me this is strange (or maybe better to say crazy).

WRC3 Teams championship is brand new thing, almost nobody expected it before. And in fact, it is mainly waste of money...

Danny0405
30th January 2022, 19:05
You cannot do WRC2 Junior and not WRC2 Open.

It looks like you can do WRC3 Junior and not WRC3 Open. For me this is strange (or maybe better to say crazy).

The perspective is a little bit different between WRC-2 and WRC-3 Junior as you can choose completely your calendar in WRC-2J whereas the calendar is fixed in WRC-3J
Still, I agree the situation is not good: the entries in WRC-3J should automatically be registered in Open with free entry fees.

WRCStan
30th January 2022, 21:09
Automatic enrolment doesn't help sell JWRC3J, thus the exception, I was wondering if the Juniors doing WRC3 Open plan to do off-Junior rounds. Pajari has already won Monte; Joona Finland (?), Mcrae Kenya (?), Creighton needs Open for WRC3 Teams (?)?

Maybe Open doesn't come for free, I saw Jon Armstrong appealing for funding recently, if he is doing another round(s) he is fine for funding. If WRC3 Open was free he would have done it here. The Greek and Estonian entries include home events so is the same case.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys are either confused or disapproving, and it's not just me. Another little input of craziness is M-Sport and WRC seem to be sticking with JWRC branding yet you don't find those 4 letters even once in the FIA regs.

Andre Oliveira
31st January 2022, 08:57
Franceschi will not start Sweden.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/pajari-will-defend-junior-wrc-crown/

Kenneth
3rd February 2022, 22:49
Jos Verstappen, father of Max, plans to start in selected rounds with C3 Rally2.

Bartolbia84
4th February 2022, 05:49
In WRC2, interesting? I read that he will run two events of the BRC (Belgium)

Bartolbia84
4th February 2022, 05:49
In WRC2, interesting? I read that he will run two events of the BRC (Belgium)

Nobre (Skoda Fabia rally2 - Motorsport Italia) at the start of selected events

AnttiL
4th February 2022, 06:21
News regarding Verstappen was like "maybe also WRC2 starts"

dupanton
4th February 2022, 16:54
He will do rallies in Belgium, The Netherlands and the WRC. He bought 3 C3's + 1 Fabia (rumoured). Tested several times already, so I think he will be driving a lot.

Bartolbia84
9th February 2022, 20:14
Gabriele Campagnoli start in Sardegna and Acropolis with Hyundai I20 rally2 by G.B. Motors

the sniper
9th February 2022, 20:26
He will do rallies in Belgium, The Netherlands and the WRC. He bought 3 C3's + 1 Fabia (rumoured). Tested several times already, so I think he will be driving a lot.

Is it known what suddenly got Jos so heavily invested (in every sense) into rallying at this point in his life? Going by ewrc, it doesn't even look like he's dabbled in it in the past. I suppose the family aren't short of money nowadays though, so why not?! :D

dupanton
10th February 2022, 10:24
Is it known what suddenly got Jos so heavily invested (in every sense) into rallying at this point in his life? Going by ewrc, it doesn't even look like he's dabbled in it in the past. I suppose the family aren't short of money nowadays though, so why not?! :D

Not a clue, but I'm curious to see how he will get on.

lmmjvss
10th February 2022, 11:52
Are there huuge diferences in the costs/budget when you compare running ERC vs WRC2 (only european rounds)?

AnttiL
10th February 2022, 12:06
Are there huuge diferences in the costs/budget when you compare running ERC vs WRC2 (only european rounds)?

ERC rallies are shorter.

PLuto
10th February 2022, 14:35
ERC rallies are shorter.

Shorter mileage is not the most important thing for the lower budget. It is also about other rules and payments around. Lets say that with R5 in general in one ERC race is 2/3 of WRC budget. In the past it was better, now it is also more expensive in ERC. And we will see what will happen now with new promoter...

AnttiL
10th February 2022, 14:54
Does ERC also use the new "synthetic/electric/bio" fuel as WRC2 does?

PLuto
10th February 2022, 15:19
Does ERC also use the new "synthetic/electric/bio" fuel as WRC2 does?

Thanks god not. This fuel in WRC is disaster...

dimviii
10th February 2022, 15:44

whats the problems with this fuel?

lmmjvss
10th February 2022, 16:00
For real? I know no details haha Thought everyone was happy with that tbh but I dont know anything about price and performance. If theres any links, please share! Its an interesting topic but I have not read about it

Lancia Stratos
10th February 2022, 16:31

Really? Why?

logic
10th February 2022, 18:52
whats the problems with this fuel?

It is highly corrosive, it eats away at the rubber o rings, and you use so much of it that it bypasses the rings on the piston and ends up in the oil.
The breather tank is full of oil and fuel mixed.
The joys of using an ethanol based fuel.

dimviii
10th February 2022, 19:45
It is highly corrosive, it eats away at the rubber o rings, and you use so much of it that it bypasses the rings on the piston and ends up in the oil.

so very dangerous for the engine.
Thanks mate.

Mirek
10th February 2022, 20:36
For real? I know no details haha Thought everyone was happy with that tbh but I dont know anything about price and performance.

There's a PR facade and than there is the real life in which things are not so rosy.

Mirek
10th February 2022, 20:38
Thanks mate.

Pluto wrote here before Monte that Škoda sent a bulletin to its teams asking them to apply for a preventive engine rebuild after Monte Carlo. Normally the engines shall last much longer than just one event.

PLuto
11th February 2022, 11:52
Not only regarding the fuel issues in Monte I wrote an article, but it is only in czech. I am not sure if google translator will help, but you can find it here - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=21968

But in fact, it was making big problems to all R5 cars. And in the final it was really anti-ecological...

mknight
11th February 2022, 14:50
If only there was a propulsion method where you could use a universal medium available at every corner and common to the whole world that could be produced using long list og different methods....ohh wait

lmmjvss
11th February 2022, 15:05
Not only regarding the fuel issues in Monte I wrote an article, but it is only in czech. I am not sure if google translator will help, but you can find it here - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=21968

But in fact, it was making big problems to all R5 cars. And in the final it was really anti-ecological...

I want to read next year's report to see if WRC improves. So far, FIA ERC is WAY more "sustainable" than WRC. (Lots of reasons, oc.. but its interesting anyway)
https://jalopnik.com/its-no-surprise-most-motorsport-isnt-sustainable-enough-1848514507
(Theres a link on the article to the actual report)

Btw.. do u and Mirek follow the czech autocross championship? I love that series

Mirek
11th February 2022, 15:44
Btw.. do u and Mirek follow the czech autocross championship? I love that series

Me not.

dimviii
12th February 2022, 06:32
WRC2 driver Ingram splits with long-term co-driver Whittock

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/wrc2-driver-ingram-splits-with-long-term-co-driver-whittock/

Fast Eddie WRC
12th February 2022, 11:25
WRC2 driver Ingram splits with long-term co-driver Whittock

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/wrc2-driver-ingram-splits-with-long-term-co-driver-whittock/

A great pairing who achieved so much together. :champion: Good luck and thanks to Ross Whittock.

mousti
13th February 2022, 07:57
Thanks mate.That could've been the reason of Bulacia's retirement at Monte Carlo, not confirmed though.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M2007J3SG met Tapatalk

dimviii
15th February 2022, 17:06
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLksU18XMAkAx_1?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLkscBrWQAAXdnH?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLkscBGXMAIQ_0L?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Bartolbia84
15th February 2022, 18:14
Tilley start in SWE, ITA, GRE and ESP with Ford Fiesta Rally2

Rallyper
15th February 2022, 18:40

Very good summary. I could read it in decent swedish via the translator.

Kenneth
16th February 2022, 16:36
18yo Czech driver Filip Kohn, who made it into final stage of FIA Rally Talent EU, announced plans to start in JWRC in 2023.

This year he will start with Rally3 in selected rounds of Czech championship and ERC, and will do recces in WRC rounds with Jan Černý, who is doing WRC3 this season.

Hartusvuori
21st February 2022, 07:19
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMDmIuhX0AAO8Iw?format=jpg&name=large (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMDmIuhX0AAO8Iw?format=jpg&name=large)

Bulacia brothers enjoying a winter day outdoors.

Gio
21st February 2022, 08:57
Some pictures of the test today in Belgium, Skoda Motorsport with Jan Kopecky

https://rallyandraces.com/2022/02/21/skoda-motorsport-test-de-nieuwe-fabia-rally2-verder-op-asfalt/

AnttiL
23rd February 2022, 07:53
Huttunen will start in Sweden, Croatia, Sardinia, Estonia, Ypres and Catalunya. Finland is missing from the list, but I suppose they're aiming for the Rally1 start.

Eric_B
23rd February 2022, 11:26
There is 7 races in WRC2, for sure he will start in Finland and it is only question which car he will use.

mousti
23rd February 2022, 22:17
Jos Verstappen will do Croatia, Portugal, and Ypres with his Citroën C3 Rally2.

He will additionally drive the same program like Stéphane Lefebvre in the Belgian Rally Championship consisting of 7 events.

Bartolbia84
24th February 2022, 06:21
Lefebvre program?

wyler
24th February 2022, 08:20
Lefebvre program?

Belgian Rally Championship consisting of 7 events.

Danny0405
3rd March 2022, 00:04
From Belgium media, Hyundai has picked up Zaldivar (and some money?) over Grégoire Munster for their «*official*» WRC-2 Junior campaign, alongside Suninen in WRC-2.
Portugal was evoked as the 1st event for Hyundai official Rally2 campaign.

Complicated for Munster as a sponsor left him also at the beginning of the year so he is not sure of having a full program in Belgium or WRC-2.

Still no announcement for Ostberg but he will be in Rally Guanajuato at the beginning of April. Rovanpera Sr. has also be announced there and Fourmaux is also evoked (no official). They clearly try a special formula (Nation system) with some good guests as a bid for 2023 WRC calendar.

wyler
3rd March 2022, 09:10
paddon confirmed in finland estonia e nz 2022 + full program 2023 with hiunday nz

https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2022/wrc2/kiwi-paddon-outlines-wrc2-programme/

https://rallysportmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Paddoni20N-Rally2-copy.jpg

jcevc
7th March 2022, 08:18
https://motorsport.hyundai.com/stars-of-the-future/

Hyundai WRC2 roster officialy announced. Regarding this is `junior´ team I hope there is still place also for Suninen?

wyler
7th March 2022, 09:07

Hyundai WRC2 roster officialy announced. Regarding this is `junior´ team I hope there is still place also for Suninen?

ciamin is a good pick, let's hope they ll take it out of france...

Bartolbia84
7th March 2022, 14:41
Loix start in Sardegna, Finland and Belgium

https://www.dhnet.be/sports/moteurs/wrc/wrc-freddy-loix-et-pieter-tsjoen-en-sardaigne-finlande-et-a-ypres-622609c09978e25398e9b19d#.YiYaGPFylzA.twitter

AnttiL
7th March 2022, 16:23

Yeah. Hopefully Suninen is under "official works" team then...

skarderud
7th March 2022, 19:41
Østberg is doing the hungarian championship with Citröen in 2022, but nothing about a WRC2 outing yet.

AnttiL
8th March 2022, 10:19
Yeah. Hopefully Suninen is under "official works" team then...

https://www.rallit.fi/hyundai-julkisti-kuljettajauutisia-mutta-mita-tekee-teemu-suninen-suomalaiskuski-kertoo-mista-on-kyse/

Suninen says he's likely just too old for a junior team, but should also have a full WRC2 season starting from Croatia or Portugal.

hutchie
8th March 2022, 15:57
Østberg is doing the hungarian championship with Citröen in 2022, but nothing about a WRC2 outing yet.

Would expect Ostberg to be in Croatia considering he won the class there last year, if not would that suggest Citroen backing Yohan Rossel as their main WRC challenger or no one at all.

Fast Eddie WRC
12th March 2022, 22:17
Chris Ingram
Delighted to join forces with Craig Drew the 8x American National Rally Champion Co-Driver.

Craig will join me for the rest of the season in WRC2 in the Toksportwrt Skoda.

Jarek Z
12th March 2022, 23:23
Chris Ingram
Delighted to join forces with Craig Drew the 8x American National Rally Champion Co-Driver.

Craig will join me for the rest of the season in WRC2 in the Toksportwrt Skoda.

Strange decision. Is an American co-driver better than an European one? Probably financial reasons...

Good luck to them both though!

Steve Boyd
12th March 2022, 23:35
Strange decision. Is an American co-driver better than an European one?
He's British. He won his US Championships alongside David Higgins.

AnttiL
15th March 2022, 08:09
https://twitter.com/hmsgofficial/status/1503657628030881818?s=21

Suninen and Zaldivar on Hyundai WRC2 team starting from Portugal

AnttiL
15th March 2022, 08:37
I looked at Zaldivar's results last year, in Croatia and Portugal he was never in the top 10 of RC2 stage times...but hey, he has finished all the WRC rallies he has started!

Jarek Z
15th March 2022, 11:13
I looked at Zaldivar's results last year, in Croatia and Portugal he was never in the top 10 of RC2 stage times...but hey, he has finished all the WRC rallies he has started!

I don't understand how Hyundai can support Zaldivar instead of Huttunen.
Money talks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0kcet4aPpQ

AnttiL
15th March 2022, 11:21
I don't understand how Hyundai can support Zaldivar instead of Huttunen.
Money talks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0kcet4aPpQ

I think Huttunen chose to leave the team.

Jarek Z
15th March 2022, 11:33

Yes, but not without a good reason...

AnttiL
15th March 2022, 11:35
Yes, but not without a good reason...

I've understood they saw a dead end for progressing to a higher class at Hyundai.

Andre Oliveira
15th March 2022, 12:51

With Super Rally… you finish almost all.

PLuto
15th March 2022, 14:44

Huttunen left after Catalunya...

Fast Eddie WRC
17th March 2022, 10:59
After the first run with Chris Ingram for new co-driver Craig Drew... :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOAUKSoXwAQxfCn?format=jpg&name=large

Sulland
17th March 2022, 11:30
How good is Suninen as a development driver?
Has he done that kind of work before?

Zaldivar I dont know much about.

TypeR
18th March 2022, 04:04

not that helps about i20 rally2, but Suninen said that he did quite a lot of simulator tests for the new Puma rally1 car.. yet he never saw it in real.

Hartusvuori
18th March 2022, 05:59
After the first run with Chris Ingram for new co-driver Craig Drew... :D

How tight was the belt?

AnttiL
18th March 2022, 06:47

Suninen was in the Toyota junior program in 2015(?) when the project was run from Cologne and he likely was involved in some testing of the early version of the Yaris. He also did testing for the Oreca R4/Rally2 Kit. But I think his M-Sport career involved very little testing or development driving...

Hartusvuori
20th March 2022, 09:49
Suninen was in the Toyota junior program in 2015(?) when the project was run from Cologne and he likely was involved in some testing of the early version of the Yaris. He also did testing for the Oreca R4/Rally2 Kit. But I think his M-Sport career involved very little testing or development driving...

Suninen also tested TGR Yaris in late 2016.

Lancia Stratos
22nd March 2022, 09:17
https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2022/wrc2/kajetanowicz-back-after-title-anguish/

Jarek Z
24th March 2022, 09:35
Kajto presents a special livery for Ukraine. He is going to compete with those colors in Quattro River Rally in Croatia this weekend.
https://kajto.pl/2022/03/24/the-road-to-peace-kajetan-kajetanowicz-wystartuje-w-wyjatkowych-barwach/

Entry list:
https://www.ewrc-results.com/entries/75732-quattro-river-rally-2022/

EstWRC
29th March 2022, 07:04
Going for registration. My friend just sent me, he works there

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220329/1a88b582a6ac9907d99d140d4efd69e7.jpg

WRCStan
29th March 2022, 21:22
Jos Verstappen will do Croatia...

What happened Jos?

PLuto
30th March 2022, 23:38
Kajto presents a special livery for Ukraine. He is going to compete with those colors in Quattro River Rally in Croatia this weekend.
https://kajto.pl/2022/03/24/the-road-to-peace-kajetan-kajetanowicz-wystartuje-w-wyjatkowych-barwach/

Entry list:
https://www.ewrc-results.com/entries/75732-quattro-river-rally-2022/

I am not sure if it can work on FIA event. In Fafe and also in Azores, FIA were forcing competitors to remove signs like "no war" or "stop war"...

dimviii
31st March 2022, 04:03
why?

Bartolbia84
31st March 2022, 07:39
Al-Rashed (Polo GTi R5) start in Portogallo and Sardegna

Jarek Z
31st March 2022, 09:10
Current Polish champion Miko Marczyk is going to compete in 6 rounds of WRC2. In one of the interviews he revealed some interesting numbers. He says that the cost of 1 season in Polish championship is 500 000 €, in ERC 1 million € and in WRC2 1,5 million €. Crazy numbers, aren't they?

mousti
31st March 2022, 09:48
What happened Jos?I've no idea..

Sulland
31st March 2022, 11:08
Current Polish champion Miko Marczyk is going to compete in 6 rounds of WRC2. In one of the interviews he revealed some interesting numbers. He says that the cost of 1 season in Polish championship is 500 000 €, in ERC 1 million € and in WRC2 1,5 million €. Crazy numbers, aren't they?

Poland: 9 rallies
ERC: 8 rallies
WRC2: 7 rallies nominated, 6 best counts.

I do not think the number are far off the budget you need for a season. And the numbers are crazy!

jcevc
1st April 2022, 19:06
This numbers are totally overrated and pumped in my opinion. Maybe presented for sponsors, so after the season you have 500.000€ or more in your pocket.
We all know how much per km is Rally2, how much are entry fees, tyres, fuel etc.
It is true that price for the car can vary a lot depending on team, but I hardly believe you can spent more than 100.000€ for one wrc2 event with big PET.

tommeke_B
1st April 2022, 19:37
Price per km is something very variable... It's not because some teams rent a car for a certain amount/km, that it means you have the equipment and tools (dampers, gearboxes, diffs etc to choose from) to win for that price... ;) Also with the new fuel it seems you need an engine rebuild after every WRC2 event, so the price goes up quite a lot...

ictus
2nd April 2022, 14:13
This numbers are totally overrated and pumped in my opinion. Maybe presented for sponsors, so after the season you have 500.000€ or more in your pocket.
We all know how much per km is Rally2, how much are entry fees, tyres, fuel etc.
It is true that price for the car can vary a lot depending on team, but I hardly believe you can spent more than 100.000€ for one wrc2 event with big PET.

Dont't forget that it's not only rally km's, to be competetive you have to do a lot of testing, and that costs a lot also

Sulland
2nd April 2022, 14:30
PG Andersson calculated with 100 000 € for rally Sweden. So I guess that figure is in the ballpark.

jcevc
7th April 2022, 13:22
This weekend Gryazin, Cais and Johnston testing/competing in Slovenia.
Yesterday tested Gryazin, today also Cais and Johnston, but on separate roads :)
They will start also on first rally for slovenian national championship (little less than 100 km of special stages), which will be held in region of Vipava valley near border with Italy. Friday night superspecial, saturday 9 special stages.
Weather forecast isn't good, for saturday heavy rain whole day and snow above 800m of altitude. Special stage Predmeja is in danger about having snow flakes, because it is up in higher places...

Got Mail
8th April 2022, 19:18
This weekend Gryazin, Cais and Johnston testing/competing in Slovenia.
Yesterday tested Gryazin, today also Cais and Johnston, but on separate roads :)
They will start also on first rally for slovenian national championship (little less than 100 km of special stages), which will be held in region of Vipava valley near border with Italy. Friday night superspecial, saturday 9 special stages.
Weather forecast isn't good, for saturday heavy rain whole day and snow above 800m of altitude. Special stage Predmeja is in danger about having snow flakes, because it is up in higher places...

SS1 is live here:
https://fb.watch/cghiiFDJxS/

jcevc
12th April 2022, 07:26
Gryazin wins ahead of Cais, pretty comfortable, lead whole rally.
Johnston made little mistake on polluted road, cost him to withdrawn on SS4.
For me man of the race was Virves, with Rally3 won last stage in GC and finished rally 3. in GC after puncture of fastest slovenian driver Rok Turk with Hyundai i20 Rally2.

Fears about weather unfortunately came true, 2 stages in mountains were cancelled due snow storm (5-10 cm of fresh snow on some parts of stage) and strong wind (at moments more than 100 km/h).

Jarek Z
12th April 2022, 10:31
New livery for Kajto:
https://pl.motorsport.com/wrc/news/kajetanowicz-zaprezentowal-barwy/9811977/#gal-9811977-m0-livery-of-kajetan-kajetanowicz-maciej-szczepaniak-skoda-fabia-rally2-evo-62420282

Jarek Z
22nd April 2022, 16:41
New livery for Miko Marczyk:
https://static.wixstatic.com/media/835be0_585a9db0867c4b08ae780b70719018e0~mv2.jpg/v1/fill/w_2560,h_1440,al_c,q_90/835be0_585a9db0867c4b08ae780b70719018e0~mv2.webp

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd April 2022, 17:52
Good to see a bit more coverage of the WRC2 on All Live at Rally Croatia.

RS
23rd April 2022, 17:55
Good to see a bit more coverage of the WRC2 on All Live at Rally Croatia.

I’ve hardly seen any.. just afternoon stages today?

Kajto had a good day, fastest RC2.

Jarek Z
23rd April 2022, 19:13
Kajto had a good day, fastest RC2.

Interesting observation. I didn't notice that. Good day for him indeed.

I have just noticed that there is something called "WRC2 Masters". Good God, some of those drivers are 60 and 70 years old! :)
https://rally-base.com/2022/croatia-rally-2022/?ssId=6790&cupId=331&ssGroupId=1

Got Mail
24th April 2022, 05:45
Interesting observation. I didn't notice that. Good day for him indeed.

I have just noticed that there is something called "WRC2 Masters". Good God, some of those drivers are 60 and 70 years old! :)
https://rally-base.com/2022/croatia-rally-2022/?ssId=6790&cupId=331&ssGroupId=1

Hopefully we will see the father of the current F1 champion in this series in 2023.

pantealex
24th April 2022, 08:17
Sami Pajari out, off-road, he was leading WRC3O by 23minutes... (and was WRC3J leader also)
Shame!

Jarek Z
24th April 2022, 09:19
Short footage of Kajto in action. This "silver mirror" livery looks strange in the sun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iap5n0U6h50

Jarek Z
24th April 2022, 10:15
It really looks strange from some angles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PzijGXUKxQ

pucky54
24th April 2022, 10:27
I thought Lotos took their lesson from Kubica's horrible livery back in 2013, but this is even worse!!

wyler
24th April 2022, 11:09
i like it! : )

Fast Eddie WRC
24th April 2022, 11:23
I’ve hardly seen any.. just afternoon stages today?

Yep... but still more than usual. Even Chris Ingram was shown and interviewed !

Jarek Z
24th April 2022, 12:03
Judging from the first results from SS20 Rossel wins WRC2, Kajto is second and Lindholm third. Congratulations!

Jarek Z
24th April 2022, 17:46
I thought Lotos took their lesson from Kubica's horrible livery back in 2013, but this is even worse!!

You are right! I forgot about this atrocity! :)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0c/Robert_Kubica-M.Baran_SS4_Riudecanyes_-_Rally_Catalunya_2013_-_panoramio.jpg/1280px-Robert_Kubica-M.Baran_SS4_Riudecanyes_-_Rally_Catalunya_2013_-_panoramio.jpg

wyler
9th May 2022, 11:18
Paddon at Italy's Rally Alba with i20 rally2

AnttiL
9th May 2022, 12:48
Paddon at Italy's Rally Alba with i20 rally2

To be exactly correct, he's doing the TER events with the old Hyundai i20 R5 and WRC2 events with the new i20 N Rally2.

https://twitter.com/HaydenPaddon/status/1523634212758515712

Bartolbia84
9th May 2022, 19:15
Wrc2 entry

Biolghini (Skoda Fabia rally2) start in Sardegna
Campagnoli (Hyundai i2o rally2) start in Sardegna and Acropolis

AnttiL
10th May 2022, 10:59
Sami Pajari will start Sardegna with Toksport's Skoda Fabia

http://www.loudlifemedia.fi/pajari-toksport-wrtn-skodalla-sardinian-mm-ralliin/

Fast Eddie WRC
16th May 2022, 12:38
Chris Ingram focusing on consistency...
https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2022/wrc2/consistency-key-for-ingram-in-wrc2-junior-bid/

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd May 2022, 12:56
Ingram achieved his goal and won WRC2 Junior at Rally Portugal by over a minute.

Danny0405
6th June 2022, 13:18
Well, may sound early for a first evaluation but we are already at mid-season for the European rallies and most of the main drivers have already done 3 to 4 rallies.
In the championship, really difficult to forecast the final outcome with all the mistakes and engine-related retirements even if the championship should be played in the 115-125 points range. Rossel currently leads but, without trouble, Kajto could (and even should) take the lead after Safari; and except him, no one has the right for another bad result now to win the championship.

Here is the current points of the main contenders (I took Toksport main bunch + Kajto + the leader of the other brands).
Rossel 63 (4 rounds already contested)
Gryazin 52 (4)
Mikkelsen 51 (4)
Ingram 44 (4)
Kajto 38 (2)
Huttunen 33 (3)
Lindholm 21 (2)
M. Bulacia 0 (4)
Suninen 0 (2)

About the main question for a support serie «*who could be in main class last year?*» (for sure, not evoking Kajto because too old):
- Mikkelsen is, without a doubt, the best Rally2 driver at the moment in terms of speed-consistency balance. But his two engine-related retirements limits a little what he could show and he is not that easy in terms of speed even if he is not 100% probably. But with no real improvement margin and probably a couple of rallyes needed to get less rusty in the main class and to know Rally1 cars, I’m not sure he is what a WRC team needs (Batman-style: «*he is the driver WRC deserves but not the one he needs right now*» :D ). If he doesn’t obtain a couple of rallies in RC1 this year, I think he will enter in the Ostberg category and never come back in main class.
- Suninen: well, he was fast in Portugal but messing up a result with a mistake like this with his experience and when you apply for a manufacturer spot, sounds not good at all. Difficult to assess his performance in Sardegna with mechanical issues but if the Hyundai is still not reliable, it will be difficult for him to show his level. He will need a strong summer.

Then, there are 4-5 drivers I would rank at the same level approximately so far this season if I consider the difference of level of the car, the difference of experience, ... None of them can really be sure to reach RC1 drives because they are not «*no-brainer talents*» but they are the only one with some credibility at the moment; however, for a team, I’m not sure it’s interesting to make investment on them with a learning period to be done whereas you can invest in a Loubet for example who has already done it. Maybe none of them will never each RCA but maybe one or two can reach RC1 drives thanks to good results this summer, some sponsorships or a team willing to take a bet (and I still hope Toyota will give at least a half-a-season program to a driver like this because it’s what is needed from a manufacturer who wants to install in WRC) and also some RC1 youngsters such as Fourmaux messing up (and guys like Lappi not being efficient):
- Rossel: well, interesting drives in Croatia and Portugal, some speed has been shown but in the end, even if he is leading the championship right now, sounds like he spoiled opportunities with his two mistakes in Monte Carlo and Sardegna, all the more than they happened when he tried to increase the pace so may let some doubts about his potential. I may be harsh but when you are in your 5th RC2 season and you’re targeting a RC1 job with not a big support (because Stellantis will clearly not help him to get a RC1 job for another brand), you cannot afford that type of mistakes. Nothing is lost but he will have to be better in the last rallies.
- Gryazin: well, speed is not the issue with him as he has shown again this season. But he still lacks a bit of consistency which can afraid some team directors, all the more with his experience that is a bit higher than most of the guys I rank here. Can Spain be the beginning of a new era for him? Not sure also that the political context will help him.
- Ingram: consistent yes (and more than the others so far) but clearly lacks a bit of extra-speed so far compared with the others; even if we could say he has one year less of experience than Rossel, he is not more impressive so far than 2021 Rossel’s season. He will need to show that he can combine speed and consistency in his last 3 rounds. Not a bad driver but at the moment, if I was a team director, I’m not sure I would want to spend a learning period with him more than taking a guy that is already doing it (Loubet, Solberg, ...)
- Huttunen: well, nothing sensational but I’m not sure a lot of Rally2 drivers can make two podiums in Sweden and Sardegna with infamous Fiesta Rally2 and in spite of two punctures in Sardegna where he has shown great pace by sequence, all the more with M-Sport really not caring about Rally2 currently. He may not be first in my personal list but he may be the one with the greatest probability so far to reach RC1 level: some links with M-Sport, Latvala had his name in short-list last year and he seems to be able to bring some sponsorship to fund partially a first season (and he may have a first Rally1 outing in Finland this year).
- Lindholm: well, difficult to evaluate his season so far with only 2 rallies (but we have some ideas from last season) and we should see him a lot more during the summer. As last season, some great speed (like Croatia’s Power Stage) and some mistakes. Wait and see for him.

Nightmare season for Marco Bulacia: some bad luck with mechanical-related retirements but he also made mistakes on his side. A big step backward for him this season.
Cais and Linnamae began well their season (MC for Cais, Sweden for Linnamae) but have proven to be too soft since then.
Some drivers have shown interesting pace on one individual event but a bit early to say something about them (Jan Solans, Veiby and even Pajari considering his experience). Bruno Bulacia did also some good stage times for a first WRC season but never did it to the end so no big sense to evoke him at the moment as a Rally1 contender.
A bit long summary maybe, Up to you to make additional comments if you have some points you want to add or you disagree.

djip
6th June 2022, 15:48
Well, may sound early for a first evaluation but we are already at mid-season for the European rallies and most of the main drivers have already done 3 to 4 rallies.
In the championship, really difficult to forecast the final outcome with all the mistakes and engine-related retirements even if the championship should be played in the 115-125 points range. Rossel currently leads but, without trouble, Kajto could (and even should) take the lead after Safari; and except him, no one has the right for another bad result now to win the championship.

Here is the current points of the main contenders (I took Toksport main bunch + Kajto + the leader of the other brands).
Gryazin 52 (4)
Mikkelsen 51 (4)
Ingram 44 (4)
Kajto 38 (2)
Huttunen 33 (3)
Lindholm 21 (2)
M. Bulacia 0 (4)
Suninen 0 (2)

About the main question for a support serie «*who could be in main class last year?*» (for sure, not evoking Kajto because too old):
- Mikkelsen is, without a doubt, the best Rally2 driver at the moment in terms of speed-consistency balance. But his two engine-related retirements limits a little what he could show and he is not that easy in terms of speed even if he is not 100% probably. But with no real improvement margin and probably a couple of rallyes needed to get less rusty in the main class and to know Rally1 cars, I’m not sure he is what a WRC team needs (Batman-style: «*he is the driver WRC deserves but not the one he needs right now*» :D ). If he doesn’t obtain a couple of rallies in RC1 this year, I think he will enter in the Ostberg category and never come back in main class.
- Suninen: well, he was fast in Portugal but messing up a result with a mistake like this with his experience and when you apply for a manufacturer spot, sounds not good at all. Difficult to assess his performance in Sardegna with mechanical issues but if the Hyundai is still not reliable, it will be difficult for him to show his level. He will need a strong summer.

Then, there are 4-5 drivers I would rank at the same level approximately so far this season if I consider the difference of level of the car, the difference of experience, ... None of them can really be sure to reach RC1 drives because they are not «*no-brainer talents*» but they are the only one with some credibility at the moment; however, for a team, I’m not sure it’s interesting to make investment on them with a learning period to be done whereas you can invest in a Loubet for example who has already done it. Maybe none of them will never each RCA but maybe one or two can reach RC1 drives thanks to good results this summer, some sponsorships or a team willing to take a bet (and I still hope Toyota will give at least a half-a-season program to a driver like this because it’s what is needed from a manufacturer who wants to install in WRC) and also some RC1 youngsters such as Fourmaux messing up (and guys like Lappi not being efficient):
- Rossel: well, interesting drives in Croatia and Portugal, some speed has been shown but in the end, even if he is leading the championship right now, sounds like he spoiled opportunities with his two mistakes in Monte Carlo and Sardegna, all the more than they happened when he tried to increase the pace so may let some doubts about his potential. I may be harsh but when you are in your 5th RC2 season and you’re targeting a RC1 job with not a big support (because Stellantis will clearly not help him to get a RC1 job for another brand), you cannot afford that type of mistakes. Nothing is lost but he will have to be better in the last rallies.
- Gryazin: well, speed is not the issue with him as he has shown again this season. But he still lacks a bit of consistency which can afraid some team directors, all the more with his experience that is a bit higher than most of the guys I rank here. Can Spain be the beginning of a new era for him? Not sure also that the political context will help him.
- Ingram: consistent yes (and more than the others so far) but clearly lacks a bit of extra-speed so far compared with the others; even if we could say he has one year less of experience than Rossel, he is not more impressive so far than 2021 Rossel’s season. He will need to show that he can combine speed and consistency in his last 3 rounds. Not a bad driver but at the moment, if I was a team director, I’m not sure I would want to spend a learning period with him more than taking a guy that is already doing it (Loubet, Solberg, ...)
- Huttunen: well, nothing sensational but I’m not sure a lot of Rally2 drivers can make two podiums in Sweden and Sardegna with infamous Fiesta Rally2 and in spite of two punctures in Sardegna where he has shown great pace by sequence, all the more with M-Sport really not caring about Rally2 currently. He may not be first in my personal list but he may be the one with the greatest probability so far to reach RC1 level: some links with M-Sport, Latvala had his name in short-list last year and he seems to be able to bring some sponsorship to fund partially a first season (and he may have a first Rally1 outing in Finland this year).
- Lindholm: well, difficult to evaluate his season so far with only 2 rallies (but we have some ideas from last season) and we should see him a lot more during the summer. As last season, some great speed (like Croatia’s Power Stage) and some mistakes. Wait and see for him.

Nightmare season for Marco Bulacia: some bad luck with mechanical-related retirements but he also made mistakes on his side. A big step backward for him this season.
Cais and Linnamae began well their season (MC for Cais, Sweden for Linnamae) but have proven to be too soft since then.
Some drivers have shown interesting pace on one individual event but a bit early to say something about them (Jan Solans, Veiby and even Pajari considering his experience). Bruno Bulacia did also some good stage times for a first WRC season but never did it to the end so no big sense to evoke him at the moment as a Rally1 contender.
A bit long summary maybe, Up to you to make additional comments if you have some points you want to add or you disagree.

I think you are being a bit harsh on Rossel. He has clearly upped his game a notch since the end of last year, from leading the old WRC3 and a 3-5th in RC2 class, to bringing the fight to Mikkelsen, who as you said, i the "yardstick" of WRC2 and a proven WR Cwinner (not WDC material, but still). Yes a few mistakes have been made, but who doesn't when trying ? I currently see more potential in him than in Fourmaux tbh ... His future looks bleak however as Citroen will pull out at season end ...

Huttunen definitely has potential but is hard to judge so far, having moved from the dreadful original Hyundai RC2 car to the equally horrendous Fiesta of today. And Gryazin remains a mystery : Reminds me of the early Armin Schwarz : Blistering fast but enable to find the limit before binning it out. Schwarz did enjoy a long WRC carreer, though ... Also given that he seems to have good financial backing, i wonder why he never tried the odd RC1 drive ...

RS
6th June 2022, 18:25
Best six of seven scores is still too few in a thirteen round calendar, thus it’s difficult to take the result of the championship too seriously but rather look at performances on individual events.

It’s still possible for championship rivals to barely come into direct competition with each other and a couple of retirements through bad luck or unreliability can really scupper your season.

They either need to have WRC2 only on certain nominated rounds, or increase the number of scores you need to count.

WRCStan
6th June 2022, 19:20
Gryazin 52 (4)
Mikkelsen 51 (4)
Ingram 44 (4)
Kajto 38 (2)
Huttunen 33 (3)
Lindholm 21 (2)
M. Bulacia 0 (4)
Suninen 0 (2)

Is there anything to be read into who the entrant is with everything you say or mostly meaningless? That is:

Ph-Sport
Toksport 2
Toksport
Ingram
Kajto
M-Sport
Toksport 2
Toksport
Hyundai

Danny0405
8th June 2022, 10:38
Best six of seven scores is still too few in a thirteen round calendar, thus it’s difficult to take the result of the championship too seriously but rather look at performances on individual events.

It’s still possible for championship rivals to barely come into direct competition with each other and a couple of retirements through bad luck or unreliability can really scupper your season.

They either need to have WRC2 only on certain nominated rounds, or increase the number of scores you need to count.

Really difficult to do more I think; WRC-2 is already incredibly expensive for a driver, don’t see how you can do much more than this and keeping an interesting championship at the same time. And I don’t agree with you about direct competition, the rallies big drivers are doing are quite similar: for example, Rossel and Mikkelsen has already done together Monte-Carlo, Portugal and Sardegna (and we can probably add Greece and possibly Catalunya); Gryazin have faced Mikkelsen in Monte-Carlo, Sweden and Sardegna for WRC-2. In Sardegna, Rossel, Mikkelsen, Gryazin, Ingram, Bulacia, Suninen were there in WRC-2. And competition will also be quite big in Estonia and Finland for sure. Only real particular move so far is Kajto in Safari; but except that, I think we will not find one European rally with less than 4 of the best 8 drivers (Toksport bunch except Bulacia + Kajto-Suninen-Rossel-Huttunen) of the season in entry list and in most of them, it is more 5 or 6. And I would be surprised to see one of these drivers in New Zealand or Japan.

Agree that the championship standing itself has not to be read on a pure mathematical basis but still, you need to show yourself really good in 3 or 5 events in my opinion to be a contender for a RC1 spot, not just in one. And so you’re necessarily high-ranked (at least top 10) which such results (I mean except mechanical failure).

Fast Eddie WRC
8th June 2022, 11:06
Do WRC2 drivers have to do one 'long-haul' event in a season ?

WRCStan
8th June 2022, 11:47
Do WRC2 drivers have to do one 'long-haul' event in a season ?

No, just best 6 scores from any 7 rounds. Same for Juniors.

In the Masters Cup they score in 5 of 6 nominated rounds in Europe, and can grab a bonus 6th score from a 7th round outside Europe. This is the same with WRC2 Teams. But I'm not sure what happens if they do 5 European rounds and 1 ex-Europe. As this isn't what you asked and nobody is doing so I don't have to worry. :)

skarderud
8th June 2022, 17:50
Can moderators just block anyone with ROK in theire name?
This is stupid.
No sane people by that shit.

Fast Eddie WRC
14th June 2022, 19:29
ŠKODA Motorsport has pulled the covers off its brand-new WRC2 challenger - the Fabia RS Rally2.

https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2022/wrc2/first-look-fabia-rs-rally2/

RS
15th June 2022, 04:22
ŠKODA Motorsport has pulled the covers off its brand-new WRC2 challenger - the Fabia RS Rally2.

https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2022/wrc2/first-look-fabia-rs-rally2/

I'm sure Mikkelsen and Lindholm will be driving it on event soon, but it would be nice to see the other two test drivers (Meeke and Kopecky) given a WRC entry or two in it as well.

Fast Eddie WRC
15th June 2022, 09:51
Strange there was no mention anywhere at the reveal or from the journalists reports about Toksport when they are the 'factory-blessed' Skoda team.

Jarek Z
27th June 2022, 13:48
Rossel currently leads but, without trouble, Kajto could (and even should) take the lead after Safari; and except him, no one has the right for another bad result now to win the championship.

You were right. Kajto won Safari without much trouble (and without many opponents) and is now the new leader of WRC2.

Current standings:
https://www.wrc.com/en/results-standings/championship-standings/seasons/championship-standings/season-2022/wrc2/

hutchie
27th June 2022, 14:30
Kajto looking to be in a good position to considering only competed in 3 events this season and leading that championship with most following having done 4. Would need to refresh myself on how WRC2 scoring is worked out though to know how big an advantage that is.

Jarek Z
4th July 2022, 14:24
Sami Pajari has revealed his further two outings in WRC2 - Rally Finland (4 - 7 August) and RallyRACC - Rally de España (20 - 23 October). The 20-year-old Finnish driver is going to drive Skoda Fabia Rally2:
https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2022/wrc2/pajari-reveals-more-wrc2-drives/

Jarek Z
8th July 2022, 08:58
Hayden Paddon says that his return is a bigger challenge than he initially thought. In Rally Lepaja it was hard for him to even get into top 3:
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2022/latvia-test-gets-paddon-set-for-wrc-return/

Danny0405
9th July 2022, 12:27
Kajto looking to be in a good position to considering only competed in 3 events this season and leading that championship with most following having done 4. Would need to refresh myself on how WRC2 scoring is worked out though to know how big an advantage that is.

Well not a definitive one but clearly, he has a big advantage compared with all of his competitors right now: he has the right to make one bad result if he is doing 7 events; he will be in Estonia and apparently skipped Finland; so theoretically, we should see him in Belgium, Greece and Spain.
However, he is a little slower than most of his competitors so if a Mikkelsen does 3x wins to end the season, Andreas will win the championship.
Being consistent could be enough for Kajto but it will depend if a competitor crushes all for the rest of the season (and also the number of retirements above him in the rallies he will compete because being 5th for example is not really a good result).

Danny0405
9th July 2022, 12:32
Hayden Paddon says that his return is a bigger challenge than he initially thought. In Rally Lepaja it was hard for him to even get into top 3:
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2022/latvia-test-gets-paddon-set-for-wrc-return/

Not a big surprise to me that it is not that simple, it looks a lot like Atkinson’s comeback; and personally, I didn’t think we could see him that high for his 2 first European outings. Let’s see what he can do in Estonia and Finland (but competition will also be higher)

Danny0405
18th July 2022, 00:32
Some updates on both WRC-2 and WRC-3 (mainly Junior as WRC-3 alone is not an important championship) after Estonia:

- great drive by Mikkelsen to take back the lead with a sensational Power Stage; Suninen was close before PS but I think Mikkelsen was managing for this one considering the length of the last day; good fight anyway. It was essential to achieve this kind of result for the championship.
- another nightmare result for Bulacia (the older one) with a costly mistake whereas his rally was good. Complete nightmare season for him (and for Toksport championship team even if it doesn’t matter really)
- Lindholm, great 1st day, much more average after that but he is in the game for WRC-2 Junior championship; Huttunen average drive in spite of the evolutions of the car
- Kajto, difficult to do better than this, he loses the lead in the championship but with one rally less; not a big result but it could still be useful if some competitors have issues later on. However, as evoked before, winning or losing the championship is more in his competitors’ hands than in his hands; he is not in the game to match the RC2 top 5 so he will depend on the mistakes of the others.

Championship situation should be clearer after Belgium (all main competitors should be at 5 rounds) and even more after Greece.

In WRC-3 Junior, big fight before the double-count last round in Greece (even if I must admit I’m not a huge fan of all these count-pointing tricks which fakes a bit the true nature of the championship in some cases with the double-counting last round, the 4-out-of rule this year + the point-stage win which is a bit less annoying):
Current standing is:
Pajari 85 (77 with worst result excluded)
Armstrong 85 (68)
Virves 84 (76)
Joona 79 (66)

Pajari won but Virves was incredibly fast (he even did a 11th time in SS23, tying his own best from Croatia and Portugal even if best RC3 WRC stage finish is Pajari 8th in Croatia for the moment).
So basically, Greece will be a winner-take-all (ok, not exactly true with the stage points).
Pajari is probably the front-runner for Greece but on technical gravel, Armstrong is able to match; and Virves is able of everything.
More complicated for Joona on the other hand, he sounds a bit lower in terms of speed (only 6 stage wins in the season against 21-26 range for the 3 other guys) and should hardly be in the game except if all the other 3 are making mistakes or having issues (and even winning the rallye could be not enough for him depending on the stage wins). But in that type of championship and in a rough rallye like Acropolis, who knows.
Still skeptical about Franceschi’s decision to withdraw (except if he had a deal to postpone his prize for next year for him or his brother), he could have been in the game in this situation by just staying steady before Greece; as he is doing rallies in France, I suppose it is not totally about injury.

br21
18th July 2022, 10:49
you wrongly calculated the points with worst round excluded.

Danny0405
19th July 2022, 13:25
you wrongly calculated the points with worst round excluded.

Possible but it would be better with an explanation:

As far as I see (WRC.com)
Pajari is 85 and worst result is 8 (Croatia) so he has 77 points with the 3 best results
Armstrong is 85 and worst result is 17 (Croatia) so it is 68 based on 3 best results so far
Virves is 84 and worst result is 8 (Sweden) so it is 76
Joona is 79 and worst result is 13 (Estonia) so it is 66

And annex VIII 3.1.3 of 2022 Sporting regulation is saying that only the 4 best results will be taken into account.
Except you meant that this point is excluding not for the lowest number of points but only for the worst rallye ranking but with special stage points still counting even for this rallye (I remember a rule like this existing at one moment but clearly even more messy than it is already; but maybe you’re right with the «*classification results*» term used in the rule):
In that case, yeah, it’s different, it should be
Pajari 85 (0 point excluded as retired in Croatia)
Virves 76 (-8 for 6th in Sweden)
Armstrong 73 (-12 for 4th in Croatia)
Joona 67 (-12 for 4th in Estonia)

Still close game but I agree it is less if it is this

WRCStan
19th July 2022, 22:21
Either Pajari or Joona could win Open and still finish 5th in Junior.

pantealex
20th July 2022, 06:38
Either Pajari or Joona could win Open and still finish 5th in Junior.

Yep, Armstrong and Virves have 0 open starts.

Jarek Z
3rd August 2022, 11:30
Here's an interesting video of Miko Marczyk's test before Rally Finland 2022, recorded by a camera on his helmet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL1eVobU9Gc

Jarek Z
3rd August 2022, 21:54
Mads Ostberg helps Miko Marczyk in his preparations for Rally Finland:
https://scontent.fktw1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/296207269_607263927435701_5644941249053411283_n.jp g?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=9gKW9O16fqgAX-hpqEO&_nc_ht=scontent.fktw1-1.fna&oh=00_AT-sGzlM9ml1w2fqAUJWFL_YbMcxwT-1I5ofCKKEhkV30g&oe=62EF389A

Jarek Z
4th August 2022, 17:40
Gryazin crashed already on shakedown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1K6Rd4jUEo

Danny0405
7th August 2022, 16:06
Good win for Hyundai in Suninen in WRC-2 after the late loss in Portugal. And Lindholm gives a good fight to them. Still think it will be complicated for them for the Open title but Lindholm has clearly taken a good option for the Junior title with Gryazin out for both titles after his shakedown mistake.
Also Pajari interesting for a second WRC RC2 outing before his mistake.
And Hyundai has taken a good option for Team title all the more than TokSportII team result are not good enough to try some tricks (if I’m right, Belgium will be last European round for Toksport 1 team as they were registered in Portugal but made 0).

In WRC-3 Open, Joona has won easily but the situation is a bit more complicated to understand: the WRC regulation in French is talking about a 5-out-of-6 championship but in English, it is translated in ... 4-out-of-5.
If 4-out-of-5, it should be between Joona and Cerny (as Pajari as already made five rounds) and could be very close call if Cerny wins in Belgium (where he should considering the competition), it could be a tiebreaker in the end with Joona winning in Greece (with no Pajari, Armstrong or Virves in Open) and Cerny in Catalunya.

mknight
7th August 2022, 16:26
I don't think either Lindholm or Suninen have a chance for open title, since they are not entered for Ypres and doubt they are going NZ/Japan. This means they will only do 6 rounds.

Anyway seems Hyundai is now competetive on all surfaces (slow/fast gravel and tarmac (see Italy)), which is good.

Regarding team championship, note the terrible season from Bulacia with 5x0.

Jarek Z
7th August 2022, 18:01
Anyway seems Hyundai is now competetive on all surfaces (slow/fast gravel and tarmac (see Italy)), which is good.

Has Hyundai won anything in Italy? I don't think so:
https://www.rallylink.it/pdf/classifiche/2022/ciar.pdf
https://www.rallylink.it/pdf/classifiche/2022/ciar_costruttori.pdf
https://www.rallylink.it/pdf/classifiche/2022/cirt.pdf

mknight
7th August 2022, 18:15
Crugnola won Monza last year and Basso has similar times as in Fabia before imo.

logic
7th August 2022, 18:19
Crugnola is fast in what ever he is put in.

Jarek Z
19th August 2022, 09:23
Former Formula 1 driver Jos Verstappen makes his WRC debut at 50 years old :)
“It’s a big step, but we really enjoy rallying and we are here to learn. I am 50 but I am still learning a lot” - he says :)
https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2022/wrc2/verstappen-makes-wrc-debut-in-belgium/

Jarek Z
19th August 2022, 09:27
Mikkelsen says he needs to win WRC2 in Ypres.
“For us to win the championship, I think we have to try and win in Ypres and in Greece - there’s no other choice. [Kajetan] Kajetanowicz is probably going to do Japan and New Zealand, so he could potentially have two easy wins there.
“Our retirements mean that, whatever happens, we will already have one zero score in our total tally. So my goal this week is very simple - we need to win,” he added.
https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2022/wrc2/win-or-bust-for-wrc2-star-mikkelsen/

skarderud
19th August 2022, 20:37
And, a win in Ypres will look much better on his CV than some easy wins without competition.

Lead
20th August 2022, 07:07
It will be very difficult for Mikkelsen to past Lefebvre on clear speed here in Ypres. You can say its Lefebvre's home rally, he knows the roads well, car setup must be close to ideal and if tarmac stays dry, i dont see him lose this one. He can lose it only by his mistake or unlucky puncture. But clear speed wise he is the fastest one.

skarderud
20th August 2022, 09:14
It will be very difficult for Mikkelsen to past Lefebvre on clear speed here in Ypres. You can say its Lefebvre's home rally, he knows the roads well, car setup must be close to ideal and if tarmac stays dry, i dont see him lose this one. He can lose it only by his mistake or unlucky puncture. But clear speed wise he is the fastest one.Then a win will look even better.
Take 6,9 on lefebvre!

Fast Eddie WRC
20th August 2022, 11:33
Great WRC2 times by Ingram on day 2 - so far 2nd, 2nd & 3rd fastest.

Jarek Z
20th August 2022, 15:14
It will be very difficult for Mikkelsen to past Lefebvre on clear speed here in Ypres. You can say its Lefebvre's home rally, he knows the roads well, car setup must be close to ideal and if tarmac stays dry, i dont see him lose this one. He can lose it only by his mistake or unlucky puncture. But clear speed wise he is the fastest one.

But Lefebvre makes many mistakes, so Mikkelsen still has a chance for the win. Let's wait , there's Just a couple of seconds between them...

Danny0405
20th August 2022, 16:57
Let’s see tomorrow, a bit surprised that Lefebvre resists so well but at the moment, Mikkelsen is partially losing his bet of going in Ypres; not totally as Rossel is a bit disappointing and he is still has a chance for title (as Paddon can beat Kajto in NZ) but he would be forced to win in Acropolis.

Rossel, well, quite average considering he was there last year and even if his title hopes would not be completely crashed with a 3rd position, it will be quite complicated now except with a great performance in Acropolis.
Good job also from Munster and Ingram losing points for WRC-2 Junior title if it finishes like this

skarderud
20th August 2022, 17:29
I think the main thing for Mikkelsen is to show decent speed on every rally and surface, if he can't win he is still second against "local specialists".

He aiming for a seat in Rally1, another Rally2 WDC is just a bonus.
Especially after the 2 DNFs this year.
Much more impressive to the teambosses to do what he do now than go to kenya and japan for some "easy" wins.

Danny0405
21st August 2022, 13:41
I think the main thing for Mikkelsen is to show decent speed on every rally and surface, if he can't win he is still second against "local specialists".

He aiming for a seat in Rally1, another Rally2 WDC is just a bonus.
Especially after the 2 DNFs this year.
Much more impressive to the teambosses to do what he do now than go to kenya and japan for some "easy" wins.

Well being «*decent*» is a bit short for Mikkelsen; he must be in play for the win everywhere. And contrary to what happened last year, he has quite succeeded this season; he beats the French bunch in MC, he beats Veiby in Sweden, he beats Suninen in Estonia and was in the lead in Portugal (Even if Suninen was dangerous) and Sardinia before engine-related retirements.
So here, it is his 1st true «*loss*» of the season in a really particular rally so he is doing a good year. Now, let’s see if he can obtain a job in Hyundai or M-Sport this time (don’t see really the point in Toyota where they have better opportunities IMO); else, it will be complicated with more than 3 years outside RC1. If Sordo retires and if they’re as few tarmac events as evoked by rumors, a Mikkelsen/Solberg or Mikkelsen/Suninen pairing in Hyundai 3rd car could be compatible and interesting.
In M-Sport, we know the issue (money) and if Red Bull hasn’t spend money for him so far, I don’t see why they would do it now.

But as a competitor and as he is paid by Skoda, I think his goal this season is to win the title even if I agree he wants to come back in RC1.

Well 21 points earned here, acceptable result to stay in the game but he will need the win in Acropolis.
Sounds even more complicated for Rossel with only 3rd position. He will have to lose less than 6 points to Mikkelsen in Greece to maintain a hope to win the title in Catalunya.

mknight
21st August 2022, 14:48
I was expecting Mikkelsen to struggle against Rossel here based on last year and I saw a lot of people in pickems did as well.

Compared to Rossel and almost all others (see Gryazins times) he did very well....but then there was Lefebvre.

Championship -wise still better to loose to him than Rossel and title chances vs Rossel improved. Katjos chances depends on a lot of things. Sure in NZ Paddon should beat him and in Catalunya he is unlikely to score that many points (like vs Camilli and Rossel), so Japan is the big question.

Danny0405
21st August 2022, 15:42
Well, in Japan, I don’t really see a big name coming so, with no issue, it should be an easy 28-point win for Kajto as in Safari. All the more than Skoda won’t help Toksport for this as it is the same for the brand to win the title with Mikkelsen or Kajto (I would even say if it is better for them to win with Kajto if he had not done 3 abroad rallies). And Japanese level is pretty weak with very few local Rally2 cars (2 or 3).
Kovalainen might compete with him in 1 or 2 stages such as Gill in Safari but that’s all considering his time against the old Japanese who was there in Ypres.

The question mark is more what Mikkelsen will do in Greece and then Kajto in NZ and Catalunya for me: Paddon should win in NZ IMO but it is not an easy pick as the margin between the two is not that huge (risk of puncture, off, ...). And 2nd in NZ could be too short but a win would give him an open road for the title now.
About Kajto in Catalunya, difficult to predict: will Rossel be there if he is out for title? Will Camilli be there after the issues he has this season? How many Toksport drivers? And even will Kajto be there? (Because 3 abroad rallies should cost a lot) Kajto could make a 3rd or 4th position which could be enough to make the difference (compared with 5th position in Estonia).

WRCStan
21st August 2022, 17:41
But as a competitor and as he is paid by Skoda,

Is this definitely the case?

Danny0405
21st August 2022, 17:53
Is this definitely the case?

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/where-does-mikkelsens-wrc-career-go-from-here/

“They know my situation, they know I’m in WRC2, I have an opening in my contract that says I’m available for any WRC driving if that comes up and I want to thank Škoda for making that possible, that was quite important for me.

Jarek Z
21st August 2022, 18:33
Well, in Japan, I don’t really see a big name coming so, with no issue, it should be an easy 28-point win for Kajto

Isn't it a big name? ;)
https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/kovalainen-rally-japan-skoda-fabia/10352228/

pantealex
24th August 2022, 19:09
Well, in Japan, I don’t really see a big name coming so, with no issue, it should be an easy 28-point win for Kajto as in Safari.

Jouhki said in Ypres that Suninen is going to Japan...

Allez Andruet
24th August 2022, 19:33
Jouhki said in Ypres that Suninen is going to Japan...

Yes, according to Jouhki (https://yle.fi/urheilu/3-12586313) Suninen will do seven events this year and as Ypres wasn't yet in the WRC calendar when the contract was arranged, the remaining rallies for Teemu are Acropolis, Catalunya and Japan.

Danny0405
25th August 2022, 19:38
Ok, I didn’t know it, I don’t get the point of sending Suninen in Rally2 in Japan instead of Belgium but it may change a lot of things for Kajto and the championship if he is there.

ouvreur
26th August 2022, 06:07
Ok, I didn’t know it, I don’t get the point of sending Suninen in Rally2 in Japan instead of Belgium but it may change a lot of things for Kajto and the championship if he is there.

Maybe it's a Korean manufacturer wanting to take RC2 glory in Japan...

Rally Hokkaido
26th August 2022, 07:40
Maybe it's a Korean manufacturer wanting to take RC2 glory in Japan...

Definitely so. There will be a huge Korean presence in Japan.

mknight
26th August 2022, 07:51
Definitely so. There will be a huge Korean presence in Japan.

Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9jJufz9RNE

Fast Eddie WRC
27th August 2022, 09:07
Ypres win saved Ingram's season...

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/the-ypres-win-that-saved-one-drivers-wrc-season/

Fast Eddie WRC
29th August 2022, 12:22
Ingram's pace is all the more impressive considering...

“I barely get to drive a rally car. The only time I get to drive a rally car is when I turn up every few months to do one of these rallies, so I need to try and find a way to get a little bit more seat time.”

https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2022/wrc2/ingram-seeks-seat-time-ahead-of-greece/

Jarek Z
31st August 2022, 17:44
Kajto changes livery on his car. Lotos is replaced by Orlen:
https://cdn-5.motorsport.com/images/mgl/6n9grrgY/s8/kajetan-kajetanowicz-maciej-sz-1.jpg

Jarek Z
1st September 2022, 11:02
In August Kajto organized an event called "Rallying Ustron". Ustron is a small town in the mountains, where he lives. It's an annual event that promotes rallying and motorsport in general. Judging from the photos the event was a great success. Well done!
https://kajto.pl/2022/08/16/rajdowy-ustron-2022/

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd September 2022, 12:42
New Chris Ingram interview - good for those who dont know his background and what he's been through. Also his future plans and ambition:

https://youtu.be/k2Rslwn09qA

WRCStan
3rd September 2022, 17:37
New Chris Ingram interview - good for those who dont know his background and what he's been through. Also his future plans and ambition:

Thanks Eddie. Love this guy. Good honest questions too but understandably brief. Speaking of his record, would like to ask him what he thinks of ideas like negative points for retirements in ERC and national championships, and on the topic of money flows in motorsport could be a long one too but similar question on new formats etc.

Jarek Z
5th September 2022, 07:40
Kajto has just announced that he is going to compete in Rally New Zealand:
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/305451288_621030982725738_1397351802562651172_n.jp g?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=u30XMGWpozcAX_inMNs&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&edm=AN6CN6oEAAAA&oh=00_AT9bGPpfR9LMLVJ4PmB19j1spSls43mJQ5mVvWP5bzPd aw&oe=631AF0B1

djip
7th September 2022, 01:56
Kajto has just announced that he is going to compete in Rally New Zealand:
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/305451288_621030982725738_1397351802562651172_n.jp g?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=u30XMGWpozcAX_inMNs&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&edm=AN6CN6oEAAAA&oh=00_AT9bGPpfR9LMLVJ4PmB19j1spSls43mJQ5mVvWP5bzPd aw&oe=631AF0B1

Good for him that he is making a push for the WRC2 title. But if he succeeds after winning 3 overseas rallyes with litlle/no competition (at least from the WRC2 frontrunners), there is something flawned in the championship structure. I can't understand why the organiers don't sleect events to "force" participant to compete one against each other. Just as it was in the old day of S1600. Other events could be seleccted for WRC3, or a rotation could be put in place. Maybe long haul event should be just separate as the WRRC2 is mostly euro-centric ... Many options there but having drivers (almost) never meeting one another is bad.

WRCStan
7th September 2022, 13:36
Good for him that he is making a push for the WRC2 title. But if he succeeds after winning 3 overseas rallyes with litlle/no competition (at least from the WRC2 frontrunners), there is something flawned in the championship structure. I can't understand why the organiers don't sleect events to "force" participant to compete one against each other. Just as it was in the old day of S1600. Other events could be seleccted for WRC3, or a rotation could be put in place. Maybe long haul event should be just separate as the WRRC2 is mostly euro-centric ... Many options there but having drivers (almost) never meeting one another is bad.

Fully agree, and a lot of the NZ entrants wouldn't be doing any other round yet are in it because it comes free with entering the rally. Class doesn't make a championship.

Structurally, and also considering "WRC Rally1" wants to go more ex-Europe, I'd go further and draw WRC2 and ERC into one FIA title. AFAIK, WRC is the only world championship with tiers of world champions, not even Formula 2 is one. "FIA Rally2 Championship" is worth exploring. Start it in Europe and perhaps expand to rounds in ME and Africa in future if successful. Give the calendars independence to flex on demand and maybe even deviate if it works. Makes sense at least if it is idealistic, and there's a lot more issues at heart.

Jarek Z
8th September 2022, 09:01
Miko Marczyk announced that he is going to compete in Rally Catalunya. It will be his 6th (and last) round in WRC2. He is currently 4th in WRC2 Junior Standings:
https://www.wrc.com/en/results-standings/championship-standings/seasons/championship-standings/season-2022/wrc2-junior/

mknight
8th September 2022, 18:28
Championship is Kajto's to secure by safely scoring 4th-ish place on two rallies with little to no competition now and if that doesn't happen he can still improve in Catalunya with 4th or better.
Rossel has some chance, but would need 2x 2nd place or better, likely difficult, but we will know more on Sunday.

First crash of the season for Mikkelsen (but with quite a timing). Sure two engine issues, out of which a repeat of the same issue is kind of a team mistake, but in the end he could make up for it himself.

Tom K
8th September 2022, 22:32
It's not that simple. I would not bet that being three times 4th will give him title. Kajto virtually has 66 points now, not 76 (worst results being excluded). We shouldn't forget about Lindholm, who apart from Greece has still two shots. But I agree, that we will know more on Sunday.

WRCStan
8th September 2022, 22:48
Kajto virtually has 66 points now, not 76 (worst results being excluded).

If he does a 7th round; ie NZ, Spain and Japan and outscores this ^ 5th

seb_sh
9th September 2022, 12:29

I agree that the way that it is the WRC2 and WRC3 are a bit anticlimactic and some system to force direct competition would be better. Also doing some WRC2 or WRC3 only rounds (i mean beside the main WRC of course) so they can each get more coverage would be good. The counterarguments i got once were about costs and allowing drivers to drive their preferred or home events with the current system, while if you force it you could mess that up for them.

I would propose something like this: you can choose 4 of the first 8 rounds, then there are 3 fixed rounds that everyone has to do. In the first part of the season you would have indirect competition like now but it would build up some interest and give more people a chance to win rallies. Then in the final 3 rounds you are guarenteed direct competition and you see who is the best in a direct fight.

WRCStan
9th September 2022, 16:18
I agree that the way that it is the WRC2 and WRC3 are a bit anticlimactic and some system to force direct competition would be better. Also doing some WRC2 or WRC3 only rounds (i mean beside the main WRC of course) so they can each get more coverage would be good. The counterarguments i got once were about costs and allowing drivers to drive their preferred or home events with the current system, while if you force it you could mess that up for them.

I would propose something like this: you can choose 4 of the first 8 rounds, then there are 3 fixed rounds that everyone has to do. In the first part of the season you would have indirect competition like now but it would build up some interest and give more people a chance to win rallies. Then in the final 3 rounds you are guarenteed direct competition and you see who is the best in a direct fight.

Sporting reasons aside, the extra rounds won't happen. Chances of finding a WRC quality event that will want to host them are zero. Promoter would have no interest in giving them coverage, there's only two serious teams. They're either championships worthy of their own promotional charge or they'll remain the bolt on cups they currently are that no serious commercial decision or business case can be made on.

seb_sh
9th September 2022, 16:27
Sporting reasons aside, the extra rounds won't happen. Chances of finding a WRC quality event that will want to host them are zero. Promoter would have no interest in giving them coverage, there's only two serious teams. They're either championships worthy of their own promotional charge or they'll remain the bolt on cups they currently are that no serious commercial decision or business case can be made on.

Perhaps i was not clear, I'm not a native speaker. I meant rallies from the WRC calendar where only WRC2 or 3 participates together with the main WRC as opposed to all rallies are WRC, WRC2 and WRC3 together. So for example Ypres would be WRC and WRC3 and then Spain would be WRC and WRC2. That way there's potentially more screen time for the one supporting category on certain rallies.

AnttiL
9th September 2022, 17:55
Perhaps i was not clear, I'm not a native speaker. I meant rallies from the WRC calendar where only WRC2 or 3 participates together with the main WRC as opposed to all rallies are WRC, WRC2 and WRC3 together. So for example Ypres would be WRC and WRC3 and then Spain would be WRC and WRC2. That way there's potentially more screen time for the one supporting category on certain rallies.

I have been saying this for years

Eli
9th September 2022, 18:05

So like they did back when they had P-WRC & J-WRC ( & S-WRC I think) back in 2007(ish).

Fast Eddie WRC
10th September 2022, 11:19

After saying here that he hasnt had a crash for 5 years (and couldnt afford to), Ingram has gone off twice in Greece. Talk about tempting fate... :(

But he did it in style ! :disturb:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=779914349921805

https://www.ewrc-results.com/quickp/73366_fb_img_1662844352837.jpg

lmmjvss
10th September 2022, 23:02
Fully agree, and a lot of the NZ entrants wouldn't be doing any other round yet are in it because it comes free with entering the rally. Class doesn't make a championship.

Structurally, and also considering "WRC Rally1" wants to go more ex-Europe, I'd go further and draw WRC2 and ERC into one FIA title. AFAIK, WRC is the only world championship with tiers of world champions, not even Formula 2 is one. "FIA Rally2 Championship" is worth exploring. Start it in Europe and perhaps expand to rounds in ME and Africa in future if successful. Give the calendars independence to flex on demand and maybe even deviate if it works. Makes sense at least if it is idealistic, and there's a lot more issues at heart.

Hmmm now THATS interesting mate! Tho MotoGP has this "Moto2" and "Moto3" structure, which seems to work just fine. But they are all required to run the full season. Rallying is different because of the budgets

mknight
11th September 2022, 11:39
I don't know if there was some technical problem for Rossel before rolling, but without a technical problem it looks like he even topped Mikkelsens mistake.

With the roll he now completely lost all chances for title. It seems he saved tires for PS push, which was a bit hopeless since he had to open the road.

Katjo needs 34 points from 2 starts (or 3 - scratching 10 points from Estonia). So for example 2nd and 3rd with some PS points.

Lindholm also has a chance but would need at worst 2nd with full PS points in Catalunya (since Toksport doesn't go overseas), sounds unlikely.

mousti
11th September 2022, 11:57
Lindholm driver outside the WRC with TGS, maybe there is a slight chance he does Japan?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn 2201123G met Tapatalk

Danny0405
11th September 2022, 12:13
In WRC-2, the current standings for the title:
1) Mikkelsen (109 points, 7 rounds, worst: 0; best possible: 109)
2) Lindholm (89 points, 5 rounds; best possible: 117)
4) Kajto (76 points, 4 rounds, worst: 10)

Rossel 3rd but cannot win the title anymore, even mathematically so it’s a Skoda battle now. I don’t even know if Citroen will send him in Catalunya with no more title hopes (think Camilli has better win probabilities for example)

If no issue for him, we can imagine that Kajto will finish at least 2nd in NZ and Japan (only Paddon should be able to match him in NZ in terms of speed and let’s see Japan entry list but there should be, in the best-case scenario, only one other WRC-2 big entry IMO as I assume Lindholm won’t be there). Also a question mark if he will do Catalunya to improve his Estonia worst result.
Well, Kajto has clearly the upper hand because if he does two 21-point rallies in NZ and Japan (2nd overall + PS win where the overall winner will probably not push) or globally 42 points in these 2 rallyes, he will win the title whatever is Lindholm result, even a 28-point win, in Catalunya (which is possible considering what he did last year there).
I think it would need a miracle for Mikkelsen to retain the title and the track is narrow for Lindholm who will have also to manage the Junior title in Catalunya (where being steady would be enough) so it’s something like Kajto 85% Lindholm 10% Mikkelsen 5% now.

But as Sainz learnt in 1998, it is never finished before the end and a mechanical failure or a silly mistake is always possible.

Danny0405
11th September 2022, 13:30
Lindholm driver outside the WRC with TGS, maybe there is a slight chance he does Japan?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn 2201123G met Tapatalk

I’m quite skeptical they can organize and fund it in so few time (as before Suninen’s DSQ in Finland and Lindholm’s win here, the latter’s title hopes were really low) without the help of Skoda brand.

And as Rossel is now out of contention mathematically, I don’t see Skoda brand making any move in the title fight now.
Paradoxically, Lindholm’s best hope would be to be hired by Hyundai or M-Sport; but as he is a Skoda test driver this season, not sure he has the possibility to make that type of move.

AnttiL
11th September 2022, 14:12
Lindholm can still get 30 points from two rallies? Only the 3 points from Sweden would be nullified as worst result. 146 best possible result?

If he doesn’t go to Japan, 119 is best possible

Danny0405
11th September 2022, 14:17
Lindholm can still get 30 points from two rallies? Only the 3 points from Sweden would be nullified as worst result. 146 best possible result?

If he doesn’t go to Japan, 119 is best possible

In WRC-2, Power Stage points are only 3-2-1 so best Lindholm can do with only doing Catalunya (my assumption) is 117 (current score 89 + 28) as there will be no dropped result in that case.

AnttiL
11th September 2022, 14:25
In WRC-2, Power Stage points are only 3-2-1 so best Lindholm can do with only doing Catalunya (my assumption) is 117 (current score 89 + 28) as there will be no dropped result in that case.

Ah, you’re correct. But NZ he is skipping for sure.

Jarek Z
11th September 2022, 17:14
What a generous gift it was for Kajto from Mikkelsen (crashed on the first stage) and Rossel (crashed on the last stage)!
But I think that Lindholm is still in the game. He wasn't bad in Catalunya last year.

P.S. Current standings have already been calculated at https://www.wrc.com/en/results-standings/championship-standings/wrc2/

mknight
11th September 2022, 18:36
You all forgetting it was Reeta who won WRC3 and was 4th in Rally2 in Catalunya last year. Who knows how fast Emil is? :D

Anyway 4th behind Suninen and Gryazin who likely both drive this year as well + probably at least one of Rossel/Camilli, so it might be difficult.

Danny0405
11th September 2022, 18:43
You all forgetting it was Reeta who won WRC3 and was 4th in Rally2 in Catalunya last year. Who knows how fast Emil is? :D

Anyway 4th behind Suninen and Gryazin who likely both drive this year as well + probably at least one of Rossel/Camilli, so it might be difficult.

He was above Suninen before last day and maybe scaled back a bit because of the WRC2/WRC3 division (also not sure Hyundai worked a lot on tarmac for the Rally2 this year). And as he improved a bit this year, Gryazin may be affordable also.
For Rossel, he never did Catalunya and has dropped in form since Sardinia and even in Belgium he was disappointing so let’s see (but as I said before, maybe Citroen will back Camilli now that Rossel is out for the title).
So he is a contender for the class win.

Anyway, the road is really narrow for Lindholm as, even with a 28-point win (and not sure he will push to the maximum, even in PS, with Junior title also at stake for a very hypothetical WRC-2 title), Kajto would only need 42 points in NZ+Japan (meaning two 2nd positions + 2 PS win).
Clearly, it is at least 75% probability for Kajto.

Well, anyway, the moral winner will be decided in Catalunya (and especially it will give RC1 teams a last update about the drivers); then, I think no one cares about Kajto being titled this year meaning nobody will think he is the best Rally2 driver of the season (except if he does a great performance in Catalunya, and in that case, his season would have another view).

mknight
11th September 2022, 18:56
Moral winner is already Mikkelsen with 2 retirements from big leads with same technical issue that was traced to bad parts and 3 rally wins that nobody can match any more. (obviously we agree that Lindholm didn't really win Finland).
Call me biased, but these are facts.

EDIT: Well Lindholm can get 3 wins if he goes to Japan.

Anyway as you say if Katjo wins by avoiding competition it's not like it shows how good driver he is.

Tom K
11th September 2022, 18:56
I think we can be pretty sure, that Lindholm will be in Japan.

Q:
What’s the plan for the rest of the season? Which other events are you doing?
EL:
We are allowed to collect points from two more events. I hope to be in two more events let’s say. For now it’s not sure but we will try to decide and see what happens quite soon after this.

Maybe he will decide not to go when having no chance after Spain. But in that moment you have to have all prepared to be there anyway.

mknight
11th September 2022, 18:58
Do you actually need to be entered (and cargo send) to Japan before end of Catalunya or not?
That's relevant for both Katjo and Lindholm.

Tom K
11th September 2022, 19:07
They need to be entered - closing date is 10th of October. And transport? Depends. If you choose ship it needs probably leave early. But you can also do it by plane, and send it after Catalunya. On the other hand, when cargo worldwide is an issue, you probably need to have booked a plane transport in advance. Rally Japan is 10-13 of November. Unpacking, monday test etc, so I think car needs to be there on Sunday 6th at least