PDA

View Full Version : WRC Rally Monza 2021

Pages : [1] 2

SubaruNorway
7th October 2021, 17:58
Any news on when the itinerary is out?
From what i heard shakedown will be on Friday?

https://www.acirallymonza.com/?lang=en

wwbroe
8th October 2021, 07:15
Any news on when the itinerary is out?
From what i heard shakedown will be on Friday?

https://www.acirallymonza.com/?lang=en

If you have a look at supplementary regulations you can see that shakedown is on thursday and also first stage (SSS) on thursday. Rest of the itinerary is also there.;)

wwbroe
8th October 2021, 07:18
If you have a look at supplementary regulations you can see that shakedown is on thursday and also first stage (SSS) on thursday. Rest of the itinerary is also there.;)

My bad: seems to be the itinerary of last year, sorry for that.

EstWRC
12th October 2021, 17:01
Revealed now https://www.acirallymonza.com/entries-registration-for-forum8-aci-rally-monza-starts-today/?lang=en

Mornings on real stages and afternoon on circuit on Friday and Saturday

Sunday on circuit

SubaruNorway
12th October 2021, 18:55
That's disappointing, you only get to see 4 proper stages and only one new stage. Not sure how easy it is to get any good footage inside the track?

Mirek
12th October 2021, 19:08
Monza was unworthy of WRC already last year but as an ad hoc solution to an imminent crisis it was acceptable. However a year has passed and we have it here again in a format which is far bellow WRC level. Ending the season again with such a bad joke is doing more damage than good for the sport. By doing this the WRC refutes its own fundaments.

mknight
12th October 2021, 19:25
Basically just one more extra normal stage. That is indeed disappointing.

In worst case it might get really boring if it's full dry with all titles decided.

I liked Ypres Sunday with parts of the circuit. But what made it work was that there were also nice roads as parts of these stages. Monza all 3 days 2-3 stages fully on circuit and gravel paths are too much when not necessary.

TypeR
12th October 2021, 19:54
Probably one of the greatest eras the WRC has ever seen has the potential to go out with a whimper and the FIA and the promoter have only themselves to blame. Guess they are banking on "surprise" announcements that Valentino Rossi will be competing etc to keep the interest up especially if Ogier ties things up this weekend however thats no excuse for allowing the event to run in this format. Other countries have proven you dont need to hide the rally away. Dissapointing is an understatement.

Wait for Matton saying that it will be one of the greatest events and ways to send away these amazing cars..

Sulland
12th October 2021, 20:58
Monza was unworthy of WRC already last year but as an ad hoc solution to an imminent crisis it was acceptable. However a year has passed and we have it here again in a format which is far bellow WRC level. Ending the season again with such a bad joke is doing more damage than good for the sport. By doing this the WRC refutes its own fundaments.

Even in Italy they must be able to find better stages than on Monza. Last year FIA was happy, due to Covid, and had interessting weather at Monza. We all said it was fun, but if another one, it HAD to be more stages, and fewer SSS inside the fence.
Why do we end up with a repeat from last year, and why did FIA accept?

Eli
12th October 2021, 22:13
Good thing we have Catalunya this weekend, but honestly, 250(ish) kms of competitive action?? 100 kilometers of that on the track?? Seriously? They had so much more time to prepare (unlike last year) and this is the best you come up with? The same ACI that gives us each year a different route around the Island of Sardegna? If they (FIA & Promoter which loves to pat their own backs) continue like this, there won't be a championship by the end of this decade, imho.

SubaruNorway
12th October 2021, 22:32
Even doing two stages repeated 3 times would be better if they have to go with an easy option

AndyRAC
13th October 2021, 09:14
Oh dear, what a massive let down. Agree with others, last year could be forgiven as it was short notice. This year they've been 1st reserve, and could/should have drawn up a better route. That the WRC Promoter are quite happy with the route, tells you all you need to know about how they see the sport.

What a way for the WRCar era to bow out.

AnttiL
13th October 2021, 11:02
Very disappointing indeed...I was expecting all Friday and Saturday to be in the mountains.

er88
13th October 2021, 11:11
Disgusting route - made even worse because there are beautiful roads in the mountains. Hopefully this is the last we see of this event

EstWRC
14th October 2021, 07:46
Reactions in the service park have been mixed. There is plenty of sympathy on offer for the organizer, whose rally has been drafted into the calendar as a stop-gap measure for the second year in a row.

But that sympathy is tinged with disappointment.

“The track is a unique thing for us to do but in my opinion it’s not what rallying is, and not what rallying should be either,” said M-Sport’s Gus Greensmith.

“We’ve had 11 good rounds. I don’t know why we had to go to Monza, to the circuit. For me it doesn’t particularly make much sense.

“As much as it is a nice challenge, it’s not what rallying should be.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/how-the-wrc-has-reacted-to-the-2021-monza-rally-route/

Danny0405
17th October 2021, 15:10
I just see registration is until 6th of November which is quite late (but logical as it was announced late).
Maybe some surprises to come with such a late date, all the more as it is the last outing of this car generation but on the other hand, manufacturers may not want to invest time there so late in the season with so low «*real*» rally kilometers.

How many Hyundai drivers? 3, 4, 5? Loubet will not be there but they may rent a car to a client (Suninen?) and Solberg could appear in Rally1 also (the manufacturer entries probably being Neuville-Tanak-Sordo).

How many Toyota drivers? 3, 4, 5? A car for Lappi to give him some rythm but is it enough in such an event? Does it worth to send a car for Katsuta in a rally where it will be hard for him to do any result (even if not bad on circuit) and with so special stages?

A third M-Sport car as the car seems to be able to be a little more competitive on tarmac? Why not for Mikkelsen which does not need to make WRC-2 or ERC? Toyota renting a M-Sport car for Lappi (cheaper and less time consuming than sending a car by themself)? Gryazin? Don’t see Rossi as he was not there last year.

For the championship, except mechanical failure, I don’t see Evans in position to win with Ogier needing 3th overall or 4th overall+5th in PS and Monza looks like a best comfort-zone for Ogier; I think we will see a steady Ogier with no big risk even if he may clinch the title in the power stage only. Would be a real surprise if Evans succeeded in changing the situation.
For the manufacturer championship, Toyota just needs one driver to finish (even behind M-Sport and two 2C Hyundai) so even less interest.

The main battle should be WRC-3 between Kajto and Rossel (hoping he can have the finance for it) with maybe Lindholm disturbing the game.

tpt010
18th October 2021, 17:41
I have a problem... well not a real problem, but maybe someone is able to help. I may have a possibility to visit Rally Monza, but only SS 10 (San Fermo 2) and even that would require some changes in my existing plans. I am happy to adjust as needed to be able to see this generation WRC cars for the last time, but looking at route map it seems that it may be very difficult to get into SS 10. I don't actually mind if it is start, finish or in the middle of the stage, but would anyone have any idea if this is possible? I think part of the stage was driven in Rally Prealpi Orobiche this year, but don't know if this helps anyhow. So far I haven't seen any public areas on Rally Monza website and the problem is that I really need to have my plans ready quite soon. Any ideas are welcome. Thank you.

AnttiL
25th October 2021, 10:22
Oliver Solberg with WRC Hyundai again

mknight
25th October 2021, 10:30
Well one simple look on that is that spareparts and rebuilds for current i20 WRC are "sunk costs" already, with likely little use afterwards, so might as well use them up. In the end it could be cheaper than running the Rally2.

The negative is certainly getting involved in all the different setup variations even more (in Monza it will matter more than in Spain, specially if there's some weather).

Wonder who (if anyone) will run the second Rally2 besides Suninen, Solans maybe?

rp
25th October 2021, 10:37
Wonder who (if anyone) will run the second Rally2 besides Suninen, Solans maybe?

Probably Andrea Crugnola

mknight
25th October 2021, 10:39
I thought he has his "own" I20 now? So that would mean one less car.

abcrally
26th October 2021, 16:34
Oliver Solberg with WRC Hyundai again

There was agreed 4 WRC events with i20 WRC on Solberg's 2021 contract. That's why I knew a few weeks ago he would do both Catalunya and Monza.

mknight
26th October 2021, 16:59
After Safari Adamo was officially quoted as saying that Solberg will drive Rally2 rest of the year.

Adamo does seem to have rather loose relationship with contracts though.

abcrally
26th October 2021, 17:35
After Safari Adamo was officially quoted as saying that Solberg will drive Rally2 rest of the year.

Adamo does seem to have rather loose relationship with contracts though.

Adamo first promised more events to Huttunen too but didn't happen. You never know what he talks now and six months later.

mknight
26th October 2021, 21:23
My impression is that the decisions change on much shorter timescale than six months. More like days or hours.

mknight
29th October 2021, 05:12
What's the deadline for publishing entries?

Hartusvuori
29th October 2021, 06:33
What's the deadline for publishing entries?

Wednesday November 10th. Entries closes on Saturday 6th.

becher
30th October 2021, 18:14
My impression is that the decisions change on much shorter timescale than six months. More like days or hours.

Did it ever cross your mind that Adamo might not allways be genuine with his statements and tells the media something even though something else was decided?

mknight
30th October 2021, 22:29
Did it ever cross your mind that Adamo might not allways be genuine with his statements and tells the media something even though something else was decided?

Sure sometimes it might be the case and very often there is no open info on what the original plan was.

But there were quite many cases when there was official open info (like drivers on entry list and announced on official account, drivers doing a test rally for something, etc...) and Adamo suddenly decided the opposite.
There were also cases where the snap decisions went directly against long term planning ( switch a driver that then due to event pairing has to use difs of a different driver that he hasn't tested and can't test before rally).

So that makes one wonder how many of the other changes were based on long term planning.

Eli
2nd November 2021, 14:35
https://twitter.com/HMSGOfficial/status/1455557848809844740?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

No Tanak in Monza, Suninen drafted instead.

mknight
2nd November 2021, 14:51
Interesting that instead of nominating Solberg who will be scoring teampoints very soon anyway they go with Suninen.

Good news for spectators though.

rp
2nd November 2021, 14:58
Interesting that instead of nominating Solberg who will be scoring teampoints very soon anyway they go with Suninen.

Sometimes Adamo can be also clever! Maybe he will understand his next year mistake after Monza...

becher
2nd November 2021, 15:07
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Suninen ends up in a fourth Rally1 nominated for points instead of Solberg on a few events next year.

mknight
2nd November 2021, 15:16
Sometimes Adamo can be also clever! Maybe he will understand his next year mistake after Monza...

Yes, for once (lately) this is a good idea.

There is potential for embarrasment in multiple ways:
Suninen vs Solberg
Suninen vs Greensmith and Fourmaux

or it might confirm Adamos and MSport choices.

This Hyundai is still problematic to drive on tarmac for most drivers, so hope he gets enough testing.

AnttiL
2nd November 2021, 15:23
This Hyundai is still problematic to drive on tarmac for most drivers, so hope he gets enough testing.

But the circuit stages are not normal tarmac driving, and if the mountains have a "Monte" weather, it shouldn't be an issue.

Quite surprising news.

I've heard someone speculate earlier this year that Tänak is quitting his career, despite being already signed for next year...

cali
2nd November 2021, 15:29
But the circuit stages are not normal tarmac driving, and if the mountains have a "Monte" weather, it shouldn't be an issue.

Quite surprising news.

I've heard someone speculate earlier this year that Tänak is quitting his career, despite being already signed for next year...Miika Wuorela if i'm not mistaken

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

EstWRC
2nd November 2021, 15:47
why is he testing the new car and made that early contract renewal in the beginning of the year if wants to quit? Wuorela is pretty high lately on twitter talking a lot of BS.

horrible year for Ott, i hope there isnt nothing too serious with his family...all the best

flat_right
2nd November 2021, 15:58
Really surprising announcement. If it really is because of family reasons, then I'm afraid that it is something serious and I really wish him all the best. Other theories:

1) Maybe testing Hyundai Rally1 car somewhere? As they just had this rally simulation, then they saw that there is a lot of work to do and need someone experienced to test the car. As Ott has basically nothing to gain then they thought that maybe they can use Ott's talent in development. One rally is over one week with all the travels and recces and they don't have that time.

2) Retirement... With the least probability but considering his latest interviews, wouldn't surprise as much as I would have in summer. He has been quite vocal about the cars as they doesn't deserve WRC name and for the first time it is not a real car. So maybe after rally simulation that Hyundai had, he thought that f*ck this and called it a day.

Anyway.. don't take this too seriously. Just thinking out loud.

rp
2nd November 2021, 16:38
It could be true that Tänak will retire. At least if he is not able to get next year´s car to his liking and knows that Hyundai is behind the other cars. He is already World Champion and there is nothing more left...

denkimi
2nd November 2021, 17:39
Perhaps he'll go back to toyota or even m-sport.

I doubt it, but who knows....

bandit12
2nd November 2021, 18:11
Perhaps he'll go back to toyota or even m-sport.

I doubt it, but who knows....

Please stop talking nonsense.

doubled1978
2nd November 2021, 18:42
It could be true that Tänak will retire. At least if he is not able to get next year´s car to his liking and knows that Hyundai is behind the other cars. He is already World Champion and there is nothing more left...

All I can say is he doesn’t really give off the impression he loves what he’s doing, it may just be his demeanour but of all of them it wouldn’t surprise me if he packed in before it was expected.
Purely speculative but it would also not surprise me if Ogier stopping is also something that reduces his motivation.

abcrally
2nd November 2021, 19:32
Really surprising announcement. If it really is because of family reasons, then I'm afraid that it is something serious and I really wish him all the best. Other theories:

1) Maybe testing Hyundai Rally1 car somewhere? As they just had this rally simulation, then they saw that there is a lot of work to do and need someone experienced to test the car. As Ott has basically nothing to gain then they thought that maybe they can use Ott's talent in development. One rally is over one week with all the travels and recces and they don't have that time.

2) Retirement... With the least probability but considering his latest interviews, wouldn't surprise as much as I would have in summer. He has been quite vocal about the cars as they doesn't deserve WRC name and for the first time it is not a real car. So maybe after rally simulation that Hyundai had, he thought that f*ck this and called it a day.

Anyway.. don't take this too seriously. Just thinking out loud.

I also wish Ott and his family all the best.

I find three theories:

Continue with Hyundai
Retirement from WRC
Move to M-Sport Ford

WRCStan
2nd November 2021, 21:39
If he wants to retire and not honour his contract after Monza why wouldn't he retire and not honour his contract before Monza? Surely he would do it with immediate effect? This is silly season chat!

rallyfiend
3rd November 2021, 05:25
If he wants to retire and not honour his contract after Monza why wouldn't he retire and not honour his contract before Monza? Surely he would do it with immediate effect? This is silly season chat!

It could just be a chance to give him some time to reconsider his future, before making a final decision.

There will be a lot of testing coming up - both developmental and Monte prep, so they give him a break...

It seems unusual to take this significant decision 2 weeks before the event.....

AnttiL
3rd November 2021, 06:41

Whatever the case is this doesn't seem likely at all. The team engineers should be at the test while you suggest they would be in Monza. Test days are limited so they wouldn't have to cancel his Monza drive to gain more test days.

TypeR
3rd November 2021, 07:00
Are they limited at the moment?
New car, not yet homologated.. can't test as much as they want now?

flat_right
3rd November 2021, 07:02
But are test days limited if you are developing totally new car? So far I have understood that if you have a homologated car, then for that the test days are counted but for new car, you can basically test as much as you want.

AnttiL
3rd November 2021, 07:18
From sporting regulations:

68.4.5 2022 WRC CARS TESTING
30 additional test days for the purpose of testing new
generation cars will be granted to every Manufacturer Team
entered in the 2020 and/or 2021 WRC Championship, that
is developing a new WRC car according to the specifications of the 2022 technical regulations, under the following
conditions:
a) for the period of the 1st of November 2020 until 31st of
December 2021
b) for the period of 1st of November 2020 until 31st of
December 2020 all the 2020 WRC regulations regarding
testing have to be respected.
c) for the period of 1st of January 2021 until 31st of
December 2021 all the 2021 WRC regulations regarding
testing have to be respected.
Manufacturer Teams are required to use and complete the
appropriate specific test form available

meh
3rd November 2021, 07:26
If you read the announcement - one just not make joke or fake news out of family reasons. It would be stupid and ridiculous.

mknight
3rd November 2021, 07:26
Additional test days.
So you can also use the "normal" 2021 test days for 2022 car (MSport this year and VW in 2016 for 2017 car), the ratio is totally up to you.

(you can also use the additional test days for 2021 car if you really wanted)

AnttiL
3rd November 2021, 07:32
Additional test days.
So you can also use the "normal" 2021 test days for 2022 car (MSport this year and VW in 2016 for 2017 car), the ratio is totally up to you.

(you can also use the additional test days for 2021 car if you really wanted)

Hmm, I don't know if it would be allowed to use the additional test days for testing 2021 car.

However, Hyundai for sure has used all their 2021 car test days

ouvreur
3rd November 2021, 07:36
If you read the announcement - one just not make joke or fake news out of family reasons. It would be stupid and ridiculous.

Exactly.

I can't believe that people are basically accusing Tanak of hiding behind "family reasons" for either just not being bothered to go to Monza, or needing a rest, or putting together a secret deal to drive a Ford/Toyota/Trabant/Wartburg/Lada in 2022...

Do people really think he would do that?

mknight
3rd November 2021, 07:47
Personally I doubt there is something strange with this. Most likely just someone close with some illness or similar.

But I don't really know him on a personal level and doubt that many here do.
I doubt many of these people that don't know him expected him to switch to Hyundai in 2019 either. So that might be the reason why there is more room for speculation now.

TypeR
3rd November 2021, 08:47
SUNINEN: MONZA IS MY CHANCE TO EARN FULL-TIME WRC SEAT

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/suninen-monza-is-my-chance-to-earn-full-time-wrc-seat/

meh
3rd November 2021, 10:44
Personally I doubt there is something strange with this. Most likely just someone close with some illness or similar.

But I don't really know him on a personal level and doubt that many here do.
I doubt many of these people that don't know him expected him to switch to Hyundai in 2019 either. So that might be the reason why there is more room for speculation now.

If he could want to retire, he could say it out clearly: "I don't enjoy it anymore and I'm tired of this sh*t".

Meanwhile - not-motivating situation may make some decisions easier to make. I don't know the reasons at the moment, but if there could be title fight situation at the moment, could it be the same decision from him? We can only speculate.

mknight
3rd November 2021, 11:14

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/suninen-monza-is-my-chance-to-earn-full-time-wrc-seat/

Full time WRC seat where?

Toyota is full
MSport wont take him back anytime soon
Hyundai is full?

EDIT: Nvm, clickbait title
"“I told you already that my ambition is to be back in the top level, but that’s difficult next season.”"

AnttiL
3rd November 2021, 11:20
Meanwhile - not-motivating situation may make some decisions easier to make. I don't know the reasons at the moment, but if there could be title fight situation at the moment, could it be the same decision from him? We can only speculate.

Yes.

Also, he skipped the press conference of Acropolis because of personal reasons, and didn't restart in Catalunya although there was no reports of the car being too badly damaged. If these things hadn't happened, speculations would be quieter for sure. But these two could be also a part of the same thing which is forcing him to skip Monza, whatever it is.

And it's true what you said, it's none of our business in the end, we shouldn't speculate too much.

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd November 2021, 17:43
Re Tanak possibly doing more testing of the new car... isnt testing unlimited within a certain radius of the team base ?

Just speculation, but Hyundai do need to catch up with their 2022 car asap and getting Tanak more seat-time in it would be beneficial to them both.

AnttiL
3rd November 2021, 17:49
Re Tanak possibly doing more testing of the new car... isnt testing unlimited within a certain radius of the team base ?

Not anymore, only on a specific small area close to the base. Not sure if Hyundai has anything proper they can use…

Sulland
3rd November 2021, 19:02

If he gels with the car, he could be very quick. The i20 is quicker than the Fiesta, but it is a car that not everyone like to push it, since it does not fit all driving styles.

becher
3rd November 2021, 20:38
If he gels with the car, he could be very quick. The i20 is quicker than the Fiesta, but it is a car that not everyone like to push it, since it does not fit all driving styles.

He has been quick on tarmac in the WRC, then again the Fieste is/was a very good tarmac car.

mknight
4th November 2021, 05:21
Yes, at least since 2019 Fiesta was far better on tarmac than any other surface.
Anyway Suninen adds some much needed excitment to what could be a bit boring rally. Let's also hope there is some changing weather.

Lancia Stratos
9th November 2021, 17:08
Huttunen drives a Fiesta Rally2:

https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2021/wrc2/huttunen-joins-m-sport-ford-for-season-finale/

mknight
9th November 2021, 17:35
Nice let's hope there is decent competition besides Mikkelsen, maybe Gryazin?

Wonder if this means he will drive Fiesta also next year or it's just checking out the car.

Lancia Stratos
10th November 2021, 13:10
Entry list is out now:
https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2021/wrc/forum8-aci-rally-monza-entry-list-published/

WRCStan
10th November 2021, 13:43
Congrats to Torstein Eriksen, WRC2 co-driver champion. I thought perhaps Ola Floene might be poking Andreas Mikkelsen for a championship winning drive.

Andre Oliveira
10th November 2021, 14:05
Another rule “breaking” with Lefebvre being codriver?

https://www.ewrc-results.com/entries/72918-forum8-aci-rally-monza-2021/

Tom K
10th November 2021, 14:35
But what would be the purpose? He was not present on any WRC event this year. I thought maybe first WRC 3 enter is free/cheaper with wild car, so now he decided to take another one entering co-driver, but as I mentioned, he did not enter any WRC rally this year. Any ideas?

Andre Oliveira
10th November 2021, 14:46
He raced with WRC in 2017.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FD1-TiCWYAMU6uX?format=jpg&name=large

wwbroe
10th November 2021, 14:48
Nice surprise to see Greg Munster on the entry list:)

Tom K
10th November 2021, 14:50
Thank you, Andre! I forgot about this.

ouvreur
10th November 2021, 15:05
Lindholm's use of the loophole was cheeky. This just seems wrong.

mknight
10th November 2021, 15:25
Well sadly no more surprises. Somehow I expected some more "paydrivers" for (cheap) last run with 2017 cars.

Only good one is Crugnola driving and also as WRC3 (and not outside of WRC3 like some other Italians last year).
Else the competition in RC2 is just a shadow of last year in terms of quality.

Pretty funny with Gryazian driving for "Movisport SRL" against Toksport with likely Toksports car, after already using MSport Fiesta for same purpose. Obviously WRC2 team title is a bit of a joke, but I wonder if there is some money associated with the win or why teams care at all.

denkimi
10th November 2021, 17:26
Lindholm's use of the loophole was cheeky. This just seems wrong.

its just because of the stupid rules keeping him from participating in wrc3.

mknight
10th November 2021, 18:59
its just because of the stupid rules keeping him from participating in wrc3.

In Lindholms case he couldn't start as WRC3 cause he had max starts this year. Starting outside of WRC3 would put him a long way down the starting order. WRC2 has own rules that allow starting a as "non scoring" driver precisely for this, that WRC3 is missing this is just a technicality with no real meaning.

Lefevbres case is very different. The rules about not allowing drivers that drove WRC for points is to avoid experienced top drivers from dominating the category for "young drivers" (like Mikkelsen did in Monza last year) and forcing them to drive WRC2 instead.

ouvreur
10th November 2021, 21:02
Precisely that.

Let's see if anything is done...

WRCStan
10th November 2021, 21:56
Should think that WRC3 going Rally3 will remove this particular rule, but what made Lefebvre do WRC3 instead of entering as non-priority driver?

tigerlily
11th November 2021, 00:36
Another rule “breaking” with Lefebvre being codriver?

https://www.ewrc-results.com/entries/72918-forum8-aci-rally-monza-2021/

Gilles de Turckheim is the best friend of Julien Ingrassia. I think he wants to participate in this rally because this is the last rally for Ingrassia.
But as Andre mentioned, his driver Lefebvre is not allowed to enter in WRC3, so that's why he entered himself as a driver and Lefebvre as a co-driver. In the race, Lefebvre will drive, I think.

denkimi
11th November 2021, 11:12
Should think that WRC3 going Rally3 will remove this particular rule, but what made Lefebvre do WRC3 instead of entering as non-priority driver?
Starting at the front.

As non priority driver you start at the back, which reduces your chance of getting a good result.

WRCStan
11th November 2021, 12:50
Starting at the front.

As non priority driver you start at the back, which reduces your chance of getting a good result.

It's worth about 5 cars on day 1, then mostly Monza kilometers. I dunno, I thought there'd be more to it. But I'm here and they're there, where they can't run their own WRCar, can't enter WRC2, cant enter WRC3 - yet still finding a way. Good luck to them.

dupanton
11th November 2021, 14:22
Maybe Lefebvre is driving for the same team als Rossel and he wants to take points away from Kajetanowicz?

ouvreur
11th November 2021, 15:00
As far as I'm aware, Lefebvre will be run by DG Sport, while Rossel is run by Sainteloc. Not that that means they can't cooperate...

mknight
11th November 2021, 15:12
It's worth about 5 cars on day 1, then mostly Monza kilometers. I dunno, I thought there'd be more to it. But I'm here and they're there, where they can't run their own WRCar, can't enter WRC2, cant enter WRC3 - yet still finding a way. Good luck to them.

- it works for all days, WRC3 always starts after WRC2 and before non-priority no matter their position on the standings (see last year for some extreme examples)

- nothing keeps them from entering as WRC2, except that it's more expensive

Co-driven
11th November 2021, 15:39
Maybe Lefebvre is driving for the same team als Rossel and he wants to take points away from Kajetanowicz?

I was thinking the same, even thought it's a different team, maybe there is some support from Citroen.

Besides that, does anyone know what was the result of Rossell's appeal from Greece disqualification? The hearing was held on 09/11.

pantealex
11th November 2021, 16:25
Is there rule which denied Lefebvre to enter WRC2 ?
(I don´t think so because Lappi, Mikkelsen, Solberg and Suninen etc can enter WRC2)

He would have TV-time and better starting position in WRC2, why did they choose WRC3 ?

WRCStan
11th November 2021, 16:27
- it works for all days, WRC3 always starts after WRC2...

True but at first I wondered the real value of this alone on a (mostly) single venue rally for a non-championship runner. It is a fair thought.

- nothing keeps them from entering as WRC2, except that it's more expensive

Yup - I skimmed and misread the rule that says you can't score team points unless you're registered before the 5th round. Also missed any inevitable recent conversations on this.

As far as I'm aware, Lefebvre will be run by DG Sport, while Rossel is run by Sainteloc. Not that that means they can't cooperate...

This I can understand clearly.

AnttiL
11th November 2021, 17:02
Is there rule which denied Lefebvre to enter WRC2 ?
(I don´t think so because Lappi, Mikkelsen, Solberg and Suninen etc can enter WRC2)

He would have TV-time and better starting position in WRC2, why did they choose WRC3 ?

It’s too expensive?

Jarek Z
11th November 2021, 17:34
Nice surprise to see Greg Munster on the entry list:)

Piero Longhi (#50) is even more surprising! :)

Jarek Z
11th November 2021, 17:37

Both Rossel and Lefebvre were or still are sponsored by the French federation FFSA, they both drive Citroens, so who knows, your theory may be true...

Jarek Z
11th November 2021, 17:44
Besides that, does anyone know what was the result of Rossell's appeal from Greece disqualification? The hearing was held on 09/11.

Yes, I do. The hearing was held and... believe it or not... there is still no decision. According to the article below decision will be made within 10-15 days.

You can read more about it here (if you speak Polish):
https://pl.motorsport.com/wrc/news/nadal-bez-werdyktu/6763219/

dupanton
11th November 2021, 20:03
It’s too expensive?

It's very very expensive indeed. Kevin Abbring had the same problem in Monte Carlo. In the end he started as privateer.

Co-driven
12th November 2021, 11:49
It’s too expensive?

Rough numbers:

WRC2 Teams registration: €10.000,00 (but could run under Citroen Racing, for example)
Rally entry fee: €7.500,00

WRC3 driver registration: €3.000,00
Rally entry fee: €4.000,00

mknight
12th November 2021, 15:55
Rough numbers:

WRC2 Teams registration: €10.000,00 (but could run under Citroen Racing, for example)
Rally entry fee: €7.500,00

WRC3 driver registration: €3.000,00
Rally entry fee: €4.000,00

So potentially if we talk about entering as some team that already entered this season (say TRT) we are talking about
7 500 for WRC2

vs
3000 +4000 = 7 000 Euro for WRC3

Am I missing something?

Andre Oliveira
12th November 2021, 16:03
https://scontent.fopo6-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/fr/cp0/e15/q65/255110580_5086172608078792_319767933836072597_n.jp g?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=ca434c&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=AFGX1KOR1s8AX-t7ypL&tn=IpGcfMTCxH7HZ3Sr&_nc_ht=scontent.fopo6-2.fna&oh=1e8e9e9ea99e9c3b05e813bacf9597ce&oe=61945210

Fast Eddie WRC
12th November 2021, 16:08
Chris Patterson said on WRC Backstories that the new co-driver for Rally Monza will be the one for Greensmith's 2022 WRC season.

Danny0405
13th November 2021, 11:02

Don’t think so (even an help from Citroen), Lefebvre was yet driving in Monza in 2020 (we could argue that Bulacia was in the game for Citroen at that time but Lefebvre was useless and I think there is way better than Lefebvre to send for Citroen).

+ as long as the arbitration about Greece is not done (or if it is confirmed), it is Rossel who must take points to Kajto who is in the lead thanks to tiebreaker rules.
And if the arbitration is reversed (giving the win to Rossel with Kajto 2nd in Greece), Kajto couldn’t win anymore the championship with the 5 out of 7 rule.
So really no interest for Citroen to send Lefebvre: only in a really particular case he may have an interest for Rossel considering how small is the gap

cilaos
13th November 2021, 15:52
hello

i have 2 places (one room)in hotel in Bergamo from friday 19 november to sunday morning price 130€ (unfortunatly my friends cant come. !) if you are interested I can give you more information greetings sports Cilaos

mknight
14th November 2021, 16:22
Weather forecast starting to look pretty boring.

Andre Oliveira
16th November 2021, 07:49
Gilles de Turckheim is the best friend of Julien Ingrassia. I think he wants to participate in this rally because this is the last rally for Ingrassia.
But as Andre mentioned, his driver Lefebvre is not allowed to enter in WRC3, so that's why he entered himself as a driver and Lefebvre as a co-driver. In the race, Lefebvre will drive, I think.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FETYgWYXEAId017?format=jpg&name=large

Lancia Stratos
16th November 2021, 08:53
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FETYgWYXEAId017?format=jpg&name=large

I believe a solution has been found that means Lefebvre is now the entered driver and they will be outside of WRC3.

Humber
17th November 2021, 03:18
Is Breen doing the recce?

Co-driven
17th November 2021, 14:07
No Route Note Cars on some of the mountain stages (for second pass). Does anyone know the reason for this?

WRCStan
17th November 2021, 14:28
I believe a solution has been found that means Lefebvre is now the entered driver and they will be outside of WRC3.

Entry list is now updated: "45: Changed to non-priority & swap driver/co-driver (authorised by the FIA)"

AnttiL
17th November 2021, 14:57
No Route Note Cars on some of the mountain stages (for second pass). Does anyone know the reason for this?

Mountain stages are repeated quickly, no time for them to go in between, and likely no big changes in conditions

Rallyper
18th November 2021, 08:26
Just 21 hrs left for making your Pickems for Rally Monza. Pick your top eight drivers!
Closing time tomorrow morning at 07.30 CET.

denkimi
18th November 2021, 16:26
What a ridiculous shakedown. I've seen local rallysprints that do better than this crap.

Then again, it's an abomination of a rally.

Ds3
18th November 2021, 16:27
https://www.rallye-sport.fr/classement-shakedown-rally-monza-2021/

AnttiL
18th November 2021, 16:38
What a ridiculous shakedown. I've seen local rallysprints that do better than this crap.

But it's representative of half of the rally :D

the sniper
18th November 2021, 16:41
Live contract signing on the shakedown stream for Gus Greensmith... What is this, WWE? :D

Should have shown dad picking up the recipt! :p

mknight
18th November 2021, 16:49
It's quite funny that he is signing a contract after ending as 9/10 in WRCs and getting beaten by Rally2 car on top in first SD run.

Anyway the question is what is in the contract. " You will drive all the rallies you pay for?"

dimviii
18th November 2021, 16:55
Anyway the question is what is in the contract. " You will drive all the rallies you pay for?"

ahahahahahahhahahahaahahahahah
thats a good one mknight!!

doubled1978
18th November 2021, 17:10
It's quite funny that he is signing a contract after ending as 9/10 in WRCs and getting beaten by Rally2 car on top in first SD run.

Ha ha, yeah I would imagine it’s something like that!

In all seriousness tho, this coming season is the acid test for Gus. If that Puma is competitive, he has no excuses.
I hope it goes well for the lad…

mknight
18th November 2021, 17:22
In all seriousness tho, this coming season is the acid test for Gus. If that Puma is competitive, he has no excuses.

It will not be easy to judge whether Puma is competetive though. Sure if its fighting on podium regularly you might say that.

But Breen has close to no experience on like 1/2 rallies and hasn't done a few of the others in long time. Fourmaux also little rally experience and little 4WD experience on top. Loeb (if he shows up) has had another long break. So if they are fighting only for 4-5th place it might as well be the drivers.
If they got Tanak or someone like that it would be easier.

AnttiL
19th November 2021, 04:54
Buon giorno!

I expect Neuville and Evans to fight for the Win. Ogier will just quietly secure a good position and the title. Rovanperä and Sordo might surprise us. Out of the rest, I expect Fourmaux to be the fastest, but I also hope Suninen finds speed in the Hyundai. It won't be an easy task, as we've seen previously on tarmac.

As for RC2, difficult to bet against Mikkelsen. Maybe Rossel is going to throw all in but the shakedown wasn't yet promising...

Rallyper
19th November 2021, 05:35
Morning guys!

AnttiL
19th November 2021, 05:43
ffs again.. f rookies in wrc+. Season's last rally and once again can't do their job and show stage live..

If bad weather prevents the aeroplane from taking off, how could someone do it better?

AnttiL
19th November 2021, 05:45
A super strong stage from Ogier here...

TypeR
19th November 2021, 05:46
Neuville and Rovanperä massive loss on this stage..

WRC1
19th November 2021, 05:47
WOW!!! Ogier!

Rallyper
19th November 2021, 05:47
Must be something with Kalle...

TypeR
19th November 2021, 05:48
bs from Kalle.. ,,nothing to push for blabla''

Rallyper
19th November 2021, 05:49
Man! No fighting. That´s teamorders folks.

jonkka
19th November 2021, 05:49
If bad weather prevents the aeroplane from taking off, how could someone do it better?

So their pilot does not have instrument rating license?

TypeR
19th November 2021, 06:03
Suninen getting beaten by both Fiestas

WRC1
19th November 2021, 06:04

maybe Sunninen should fly the Plane, in the Car he is a bit useless, lets see if he is a better Aircraft Pilot

drive
19th November 2021, 06:20
Neuville slight overshoot in shakedown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pbgxclHxAM

TypeR
19th November 2021, 06:21
proper fog on SS2

AnttiL
19th November 2021, 06:23

I don't understand this question but usually flight control gives or denies permissions to take off.

Rallyper
19th November 2021, 06:27
Let that pilot-thing go...
Let´s talk about drivers perfomance instead.

jonkka
19th November 2021, 06:29
I don't understand this question but usually flight control gives or denies permissions to take off.

Milan airport is open, so conditions in the air aren't so bad that flights have been cancelled. WRC repeater plane could fly provided that their pilot can fly on low-visibility conditions, which requires that their pilot is certified to fly on instrument conditions (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrument_rating).

jonkka
19th November 2021, 06:33
Let that pilot-thing go...
Let´s talk about drivers perfomance instead.

Go ahead then, say what you got to say?

TypeR
19th November 2021, 06:34
Rovanperä +30s..
what's the point?

Rallyper
19th November 2021, 06:38
Go ahead then, say what you got to say?

All other than flying, which obviously is ongoing since an hour or so.

I´d say Rovanpera...

EstWRC
19th November 2021, 06:38
Rovanperä +30s..
what's the point?

I assume he has the clear order to finish 100% and bring manu points cause Ogier and Evans can make mistakes and go out while fighting for the title

Rallyper
19th November 2021, 06:41
Shame for the sport, not driving...

JML are not confident both Evans and Ogier reach the finish. Maybe even not Taka, so Kalle has to cruise...

jonkka
19th November 2021, 06:44
I´d say Rovanpera...

So you can say one driver's name, that's a good start. And then?

TypeR
19th November 2021, 06:44
Like Hyundai has any real chance of the manu's title :D

rallyfiend
19th November 2021, 06:51

There was fog over Linate this morning.

When there is fog, it delays ALL planes taking off.

Have you never flown beforE?

AnttiL
19th November 2021, 06:55
Shame for the sport, not driving...

JML are not confident both Evans and Ogier reach the finish. Maybe even not Taka, so Kalle has to cruise...

Taka does not matter here.

Toyota needs one car to finish so they are manufacturer champion. Would be quite high stakes to let Kalle push for gaining essentially nothing.

AnttiL
19th November 2021, 06:56
Milan airport is open, so conditions in the air aren't so bad that flights have been cancelled. WRC repeater plane could fly provided that their pilot can fly on low-visibility conditions, which requires that their pilot is certified to fly on instrument conditions (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrument_rating).

Considering there is now fog, and we're getting live pictures, we can assume there's no problems with the pilot's instrument ratings. The delay has been out of WRC+ team's hands.

jonkka
19th November 2021, 07:03
Considering there is now fog, and we're getting live pictures, we can assume there's no problems with the pilot's instrument ratings. The delay has been out of WRC+ team's hands.

So feed is back on? Then all is well...

Rallyper
19th November 2021, 07:08

Has been since about 07.45 CET... ;)

AnttiL
19th November 2021, 07:19

The live footage started just before Ogier finished SS1.

Jakem
19th November 2021, 07:27
So Fiesta still better car than I20;) proof for all you unbelivers. Give it to Ogier or Tanak and they will win with it.

AnttiL
19th November 2021, 07:32
So Fiesta still better car than I20;) proof for all you unbelivers. Give it to Ogier or Tanak and they will win with it.

???

ouvreur
19th November 2021, 07:38

That's one hell of a conclusion to jump to, considering the fastest Fiesta has lost nearly double the time of the fastest Hyundai to the rally leader. Are you watching the same rally as the rest of us, or does your results sheet start at 6?

Mackie
19th November 2021, 07:41
Is it because of Suninen's time? A bit early, don't you think?

satukata
19th November 2021, 07:47
Is there tyrefitting now?

Jakem
19th November 2021, 07:59
That's one hell of a conclusion to jump to, considering the fastest Fiesta has lost nearly double the time of the fastest Hyundai to the rally leader. Are you watching the same rally as the rest of us, or does your results sheet start at 6?

It is because of Suninen 2 first stage times, I know it is still early, but when we had in the past so good opportunity to compare cars as in one season driver will drive 2 different wrc cars.

OHL
19th November 2021, 08:01
Is there tyrefitting now?

A refuel and 40 minute regroup right now.

mknight
19th November 2021, 08:15
It is because of Suninen 2 first stage times, I know it is still early, but when we had in the past so good opportunity to compare cars as in one season driver will drive 2 different wrc cars.

a) it's early

b) i20 doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation on tarmac from Paddon over Mikkelsen, Loeb to Tanak

c) tarmac and especially slippery one has been Fiestas best surface

AnttiL
19th November 2021, 08:17

But Suninen didn't drive Fiesta WRC on tarmac this year. Last year's only tarmac rallies were Monza and Monte, both more snowy/icy than this year's Monza, and Suninen retired early in Monza with engine failure. Thus the last time he drove the Fiesta WRC on tarmac was Catalunya 2019. His stage positions back then were mostly 7-9 with three better stages (and same with Monte 2020).

mknight
19th November 2021, 08:32
Well I am really surprise by Ogier. Everyone including me predicted he will control it easily for 3-4th place...

AnttiL
19th November 2021, 08:34
Well I am really surprise by Ogier. Everyone including me predicted he will control it easily for 3-4th place...

+1

Mackie
19th November 2021, 08:38
It seems Kalle has upped his pace, somewhat.

Loikam
19th November 2021, 08:40

But we forgot that Ogier / Ingrassia's last victory is from Kenya - I think Seb wants to end their cooperation with the victory :)

TypeR
19th November 2021, 08:49
Fourmaux
https://www.upload.ee/image/13646902/fourmaux11.jpg

Rally Hokkaido
19th November 2021, 08:50
Fourmaux out - slid off and rolled onto armco fence.

Rally Hokkaido
19th November 2021, 08:54
It was a slow roll and it seems like the car is not badly damaged - just stuck on top of the fence.

Rally Hokkaido
19th November 2021, 08:56
Solberg very very lucky not to crash at an earlier part of the stage where Neuville also had a moment.

TypeR
19th November 2021, 09:09
SS4 start delayed

ouvreur
19th November 2021, 09:13
It was a slow roll and it seems like the car is not badly damaged - just stuck on top of the fence.

You wonder if that would have happened, if they were allowed RNC between stages...

flykas
19th November 2021, 09:22
Seems like a beast run from Ogier.

MTA
19th November 2021, 09:27
When was the last time a Swede was 5th OA in WRC on tarmac?

Essaj
19th November 2021, 09:27
Some stunt driving by Seb:p

Jakem
19th November 2021, 09:28
a) it's early

b) i20 doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation on tarmac from Paddon over Mikkelsen, Loeb to Tanak

c) tarmac and especially slippery one has been Fiestas best surface

This what I wanted to say in my firts post. Fiesta is still faster, dosen't matter that it is "under developed" last years and I20 over developed. All these drivers you mentioned have tried to make I20 drivable on tarmac, but still the same "understeer". Tanak's words about I20: "You can do everything, but you can't change a women to a man".
This again shows that Neuville has bulit a car around him in what even himself struggels most of the time. If you see how Neuville drives with it(most of the time on the edge)
Hopefully I20 rally1 car will be better on tarmac...

AnttiL
19th November 2021, 09:33
When was the last time a Swede was 5th OA in WRC on tarmac?

Kenneth Eriksson in Sanremo 1996?

MTA
19th November 2021, 09:36
Kenneth Eriksson in Sanremo 1996?I would guess Kenneth too.

Mackie
19th November 2021, 09:37
This what I wanted to say in my firts post. Fiesta is still faster, dosen't matter that it is "under developed" last years and I20 over developed. All these drivers you mentioned have tried to make I20 drivable on tarmac, but still the same "understeer". Tanak's words about I20: "You can do everything, but you can't change a women to a man".
This again shows that Neuville has bulit a car around him in what even himself struggels most of the time. If you see how Neuville drives with it(most of the time on the edge)
Hopefully I20 rally1 car will be better on tarmac...

I love that quote!

I'm not saying you are right, but there is something weird about the handling of the i20...

TypeR
19th November 2021, 09:40
stage stopped after Sordo.. something happened to a spectator..

mknight
19th November 2021, 09:40
It's something else on gravel though. There Fiesta clearly lacks.

AnttiL
19th November 2021, 09:47
This what I wanted to say in my firts post. Fiesta is still faster, dosen't matter that it is "under developed" last years and I20 over developed

Still don't understand the logic how "Fiesta is still faster"

AnttiL
19th November 2021, 09:48
stage stopped after Sordo.. something happened to a spectator..

a spectator needed ambulance because of a some sort of seizure

Rallyper
19th November 2021, 09:54
Cancelled?

Mackie
19th November 2021, 10:03
https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2021/wrc/watch-fourmaux-rolls-out/

Video of Fourmaux rolling.

spiderem
19th November 2021, 11:59
changed lead in this stage? nice splits from Evans

Rally Hokkaido
19th November 2021, 12:02
less than a second behind Seb after SS5!

dimviii
19th November 2021, 13:10
Fourmaux
https://twitter.com/HenriLo15666123/status/1461692007659847688

rp
19th November 2021, 14:01
What a final for the World Rally Cars! 1st time during the current WRC17 era that not interesting enough to follow the event. It´s so boring!

Rallyper
19th November 2021, 14:06
What a final for the World Rally Cars! 1st time during the current WRC17 era that not interesting enough to follow the event. It´s so boring!

Agree a lot.

jonkka
19th November 2021, 14:06

They did the same event last year too, so it's not the first uninteresting time.

djip
19th November 2021, 14:07

What di you expect ? It's hardly a proper rally... We were fooled last year because of the dreadful weather which (almost) made it look genuine ... but now we're back to reality. If this is what our governing bodies want WRC to head to, it is becoming very sad ...

rp
19th November 2021, 14:16
What di you expect ? It's hardly a proper rally... We were fooled last year because of the dreadful weather which (almost) made it look genuine ... but now we're back to reality. If this is what our governing bodies want WRC to head to, it is becoming very sad ...

Nothing! Of course last year the weather made a difference. Not looking good if the current Promoter is thinking that it´s going well...

WRC1
19th November 2021, 14:29

the best Drivers in the world should master all kinds of roads, its not pretty, but i think it is very very difficult to stay out of trouble in these kind of stages! We had soo many positive surprises this year, Arctic, Croatia, Finland in autumn...the last season for the WRC17 was a great one and the last race is still difficult!

Essaj
19th November 2021, 14:31
Some Monza Rally Show action with Mikkelsen and Bulacia :D

rp
19th November 2021, 14:32
the best Drivers in the world should master all kinds of roads, its not pretty, but i think it is very very difficult to stay out of trouble in these kind of stages! We had soo many positive surprises this year, Arctic, Croatia, Finland in autumn...the last season for the WRC17 was a great one and the last race is still difficult!

Yes. It was great season. That´s why the final event should be something else, but of course we all know that there is still COVID-time going. Better than nothing, but boring :)

Rallyper
19th November 2021, 14:36
Gryazin...!!!

WRCStan
19th November 2021, 14:38
Toksport trialling the new Team Convoy format for the FIA.

ouvreur
19th November 2021, 14:48
Gryazin...!!!

You've got to give it to the guy, he's consistent...

Fast Eddie WRC
19th November 2021, 15:08
So it's a straight fight beteeen Ogier and Evans for the rally win here - it seems none of the Hyundai's are able to come between them to make an Evans title win possible.

A shame there's no Tanak here too which already weakened the Hyundai team and therefore Evans' chances.

Probably only an Ogier puncture or (unlikely) mistake can make it interesting now.

WRCStan
19th November 2021, 15:30
I don't think Seb will mind watching Elfyn win the battle if the war is won.

Fast Eddie WRC
19th November 2021, 18:26
Morning stages by Riviera Rally
https://youtu.be/ysax9MRKH4o

dimviii
20th November 2021, 05:35
Good morning guys!

Tyre news

All drivers have taken 5x Pirelli PZero hard compound tyres for this morning's loop in the mountains.

Rally Hokkaido
20th November 2021, 05:54
Great time from Teemu (yeah, I'm a fan)!

AnttiL
20th November 2021, 06:55
Great time from Teemu (yeah, I'm a fan)!

Apparently Adamo wasn't satisfied in his performance yesterday.

Bulacia went off so Huttunen leads WRC2 (Gryazin not driving for points)

Rallyper
20th November 2021, 06:55
Neuville stopped!
Edit: moving again...

AnttiL
20th November 2021, 07:01
Neuville slid wide on a right hander and hit the armco on the inside, but can continue.

Greensmith has brake issues, and Suninen is now only 1.6s behind.

AnttiL
20th November 2021, 07:19
Now Ogier can take it very easy, he can lose 40 seconds to Neuville and still be on podium, which is enough for him.

drive
20th November 2021, 07:30
Now Ogier can take it very easy, he can lose 40 seconds to Neuville and still be on podium, which is enough for him.

same as yesterday he could be taking an easy from the beginning, lets see second loop in the mountains - I think he still would push

Fredouye
20th November 2021, 08:57
Some photos from SS9

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211120/437090ff8947f410763766f2ae676b13.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211120/28be8168837fd91b48216b912afdf94e.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211120/05c883750aac8cdd50cc8a5f0d68fc45.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211120/5723a75bc03084a486c862aaad61bcef.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211120/4b5564a4aaa9c6854962a342d2baca28.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211120/ad24110618a76d90b426b7f28de590b6.jpg

AnttiL
20th November 2021, 09:09
That was a nice tricky narrow broken tarmac section on the long stage

Rallyper
20th November 2021, 09:36
Sordo and Solberg same time on SS10 +0,8 from Suninen...

dimviii
20th November 2021, 09:40
caption this photo

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1461816565800783877/gixNqJ6O?format=jpg&name=small

EstWRC
20th November 2021, 09:47
Nice time from teemu finally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnttiL
20th November 2021, 09:58
caption this photo

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1461816565800783877/gixNqJ6O?format=jpg&name=small

What does it say on the bottom?

doubled1978
20th November 2021, 10:10
[QUOTE=EstWRC;1287130]Nice time from teemu finally

Yes, but I don’t blame him for his approach really. A day 1 crash could have been a top line career ender for him, so taking it steady yesterday and showing a bit today is fully understandable. He has shown a better pace today, I hope it continues for him.

dimviii
20th November 2021, 10:24
Karlip Automobile
@Karlip1
.@TeemuSuninenRac
gives the barrier a good whack, small damage to the rear wing

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEogTDiWQAQKOkl?format=jpg&name=large

Rally Hokkaido
20th November 2021, 10:28
Karlip Automobile
@Karlip1
.@TeemuSuninenRac
gives the barrier a good whack, small damage to the rear wing

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEogTDiWQAQKOkl?format=jpg&name=large

Quite a chunk taken out of the left rear wheel, too. Lucky boy!

AnttiL
20th November 2021, 10:49
Last proper stage done for WRC2017 cars. Now only five super specials left.

djip
20th November 2021, 11:44
On a side topic, i find Rossel impressive. Despite the punch in the face due to the lost appeal (and I think this was pretty unfair ...) and the huge pressure, he is on route for WRC3 and WRC2 victory (same as Ypres). He has been truely dominant in WRC3 this year and is now on par with WRC2 top contenders. It ain't over 'till it's over, but the lad may have a bright future.

Danny0405
20th November 2021, 11:54
Title done for Ogier except mechanical failure, let’s see if he will take some risks on the circuit or let the win to Evans (the second option I think).
Clean job for Solberg so far, Suninen quite disappointing on the other hand. Katsuta so-so, with his experience on circuit, should have been closer to Solberg and far ahead for Greensmith.

In WRC-2, Huttunen in the lead but he shows absolutely nothing so far in RC2 class except on circuit, quite lucky so far. The only positive is that it would be the first victory from M-Sport in either WRC-2 Pro/WRC-2/WRC-3 for more than 2 years (Greensmith in Turkey in 2019).

In WRC-3, Rossel take a good lead to Kajto this morning but Crugnola is close and was the fastest on the circuit part yesterday so it may interfere in the championship fight between the 2. So it is not finished and all may be at stake during the Power Stage for the title.

Fast Eddie WRC
20th November 2021, 13:07
Last proper stage done for WRC2017 cars. Now only five super specials left.

Pretty nice proper stages to end the era - like an Autumnal Monte-Carlo.

The real pity has been the domination of the Toyota's here. I really expected the Hyundai's to be in the fight for the win too.

Fast Eddie WRC
20th November 2021, 13:10
Fourmaux straight on at the first corner in Monza circuit. Not nice stages but not easy either.

Danny0405
20th November 2021, 14:03
Ogier in defensive mode and Evans takes the lead ... but logical from Ogier, finishing with the title is the most important, especially on that type of stages.

Danny0405
20th November 2021, 14:22
Rossel lost a lot of time in this one ... may be really complicated for him now because he seems clearly less competitive than Kajto in the circuit part

dimviii
20th November 2021, 19:28
Neuville crash
https://twitter.com/fernischumi/status/1462147511599181829

lmmjvss
20th November 2021, 23:05
Ahh... Monza is not a WRC event IMO. These cars are too powerfull for most of the tight stages. Its an ERC event max.
Boy Im gonna miss these cars =[

Essaj
21st November 2021, 06:16
Ogier carefully now:eek:

Sulland
21st November 2021, 06:26
How could FIA approve that 2021 championship to be decided by mickey mouse stages on an old racetrack with some gravel parts?

Tragic seen from a sport point of view!

dimviii
21st November 2021, 06:29

http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_11_2021/post-312-0-69249800-1637481583.jpg

Päss1928
21st November 2021, 06:36

That was really really lucky.. Touched concrete in a shicane with front right. A piece missing from tyre and rim scratched.

dimviii
21st November 2021, 06:40
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEs28vvXoAwexAc?format=jpg&name=small

AnttiL
21st November 2021, 06:42
Amazing photo, amazing luck

Portimao
21st November 2021, 07:31
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEs28vvXoAwexAc?format=jpg&name=small

he could've ended there

TypeR
21st November 2021, 07:39
Amazing footage!
Straight wheel saved him.. if it was turned a bit out, it would have been like Kalle's PET went.

Lead
21st November 2021, 07:43
As already mentioned this is complete disgrace of the rally championship ending.

dimviii
21st November 2021, 08:03
Huttunen update

The M-Sport Ford team traces the problem to an electrical issue and have managed to get the car going again.
Share this entry:

Sun
10:41
Drama in WRC2

Rally leader Jari Huttunen's Fiesta has just been pushed into service - more news as we have it.

Rallyper
21st November 2021, 08:29
Katsuta no frontleft suspension...

Rallyper
21st November 2021, 08:30
Should be out of the rally now...

Rallyper
21st November 2021, 08:40
What does Flexi Service mean? They have 15 mins after SS15. Can Taka repair, or allowed...?

jonkka
21st November 2021, 08:44
What does Flexi Service mean? They have 15 mins after SS15. Can Taka repair, or allowed...?

It's same as normal service but with flexible regulations (car can be driven into and out of service by other than crew, early check-in is allowed etc).

TypeR
21st November 2021, 08:45
Evans didn't handle the pressure

Rally Hokkaido
21st November 2021, 08:52
Lots of drama in that stage. Hopefully Taka's car can be repaired without any time penalty as Gus is only 3.7 secs behind.

NoFear85
21st November 2021, 08:56
59.2 RUNNING OF FLEXI-SERVICE AND TIME SCHEDULES (P1 AND P4 DRIVERS)
59.2.1 Crews must check into service at their due time, park their car in their allocated bay and submit their time card to the rally official in attendance without carrying out any work on the car except as permitted under Article 63.5.2.
59.2.2 When the service commences the start time of actual service will be marked on the time card by the rally official. It is the competitor’s responsibility to obtain this time from the rally official. The competitor is likewise responsible for all entries on that time card.
59.2.3 The competing car may be driven by an authorised represent- ative of the competitor only once from the service park to the overnight parc fermé, respecting all the formalities of time card presentation and related penalties.
59.2.4 Early check-in at the time control after flexi-service is permitted without penalty.
59.3 RUNNING OF FLEXI-SERVICE AND TIME SCHEDULES (P2, P3, RGT AND NON-PRIORITY DRIVERS)
59.3.1 After the 10-minute technical zone inside the parc fermé, the crews may then either enter the service park or leave their car in the parc fermé.
59.3.2 The competing car may be driven by an authorised represent- ative of the competitor only once from the parc fermé to the service park and vice versa, respecting all the formalities of time card presentation and related penalties,
59.3.3 Early check-in at the time control after flexi-service is permitted without penalty.

Sulland
21st November 2021, 08:59
What happened with Taka, did the rears lock up, and the front hit something, or did the front suspension break by itself, and made the rest happen?

Päss1928
21st November 2021, 09:02
What happened with Taka, did the rears lock up, and the front hit something, or did the front suspension break by itself, and made the rest happen?

Locked up at high speed on a straight before the shicane, spun and slid into the concrete and hayballs.

AnttiL
21st November 2021, 09:20
At least now there wasn't the problem of being banned for three-wheeling on public road section :)

A very good first half, very bad second half of the season for Katsuta

EstWRC
21st November 2021, 09:25
Congratulations to Ogier and all the other class winners.

The consistency of Ogier is simply amazing again. And no big technical dramas at all during the season, nada, unbelievable

AndyRAC
21st November 2021, 09:33
The end of a 25 year era; and ends in a whimper.....

seb_sh
21st November 2021, 10:03
Congratulations to Ogier, ending his career in a very typical fashion, driving at his pace that is comfortable for him but uncomfortable for others, taking what he can when he's not the fastest and profiting when he is. Some would say he is the luckiest man alive... lucky he doesn't go off at dangerous places, lucky he doesn't get punctures, lucky he doesn't hit rocks, lucky others make mistakes, lucky his car didn't break down, lucky he has the right tyres and the list goes on, have heard it all many times over the years. I say maybe the man knows something more than the others ;) I was never a big fan but must admit he is a great champion, one of the greatest of all time.

Humber
21st November 2021, 10:05
The end of a 25 year era; and ends in a whimper.....

Anyone who has followed rallying, knows it is not over until it is over.

Sainz - Toyota RAC 1998. Post event technical check - Loeb australia, Burns- Argentina, Hirvonen - Portugal etc

Danny0405
21st November 2021, 10:31
Nothing to wait in the last stage except mechanical failure and the Rossel / Kajto fight where they will be all-in (but think it will be hard for Rossel considering what happens on the circuit so far)
Disappointing performance by Katsuta, a top-5 was a minimum-goal with the circuit part but a lot of mistakes from him this weekend.
Strange rally for Rovanpera... not really enjoyable I think

Ogier would give a 200th (driver) French win in WRC with this one, a good way to finish his «*regular*» career (Loeb did the 100th)

seb_sh
21st November 2021, 10:39
Hehe Kalle having some fun, letting off some steam.

Mirek
21st November 2021, 10:39
First stage watching this weekend. Kalle is just doing donuts and drifts for the spectators as far as I can see.

Rallyper
21st November 2021, 10:40
Kalle first driver doing two donuts on same stage?

becher
21st November 2021, 10:43
Locked up at high speed on a straight before the shicane, spinned and slid into the concrete and hayballs.

Didn't Taka hit the concret with the right side yet the damage was on the left? Was there an incident before that allready?

Rallyper
21st November 2021, 10:53
Didn't Taka hit the concret with the right side yet the damage was on the left? Was there an incident before that allready?

No. Slid to the right.

Mirek
21st November 2021, 10:54
Solberg stalled briefly.

Rallyper
21st November 2021, 11:10
Evans thanks Kalle for sacrificing this weekend for the team. Sportmanship.