PDA

View Full Version : WRC Rally Monza 2021

Pages : 1 [2]

TypeR
21st November 2021, 11:12
Ogier and Ingrassia take 8th WDC!
so Tänak-Järveoja were the only ones, who could stop Ogier for one year~!

IF Ogier wins Monte 2022, I think he might want to go for the 9th :D

rage82
Congrats to Ogier. What a carreer - 8 times world champion - 4 times with VW, 2 times with M- Sport and 2 times with Toyota. Every title is doubled at least, to confirm that nothing is won accidentally. Incredible indeed!

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Rallyper
Congrats to WDC Ogier! And Ingrassia too.

Danny0405
21st November 2021, 11:13
Congrats to Ogier and Ingrassia
8th title, 3 different manufacturers and a win to finish his regular career (and Ingrassia’s career)
Nothing more to prove

Let’s notice the great improvement for Elfyn since 2019 which makes it possible to have interesting fights in the last 2 years

Fast Eddie WRC
21st November 2021, 11:14
OGIER 8x :champion:

Fast Eddie WRC
21st November 2021, 11:16
INGRASSIA 8x :champion:

Danny0405
21st November 2021, 11:19
Rossel pushing in first split to reverse the situation in WRC-3

In WRC-2, nothing important but apparently Movisport will take the team championship to Toksport if Brazzoli finishes (a little surprising but as always, team championship is a little peculiar)

Rallyper
21st November 2021, 11:20
As a Swede I think Oliver was the driver of the event anyway.

Fast Eddie WRC
21st November 2021, 11:22
Congrats Toyota GR
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEtvbDvXIAQkNQW?format=jpg&name=medium

Danny0405
21st November 2021, 11:25
Rossel did it and clinches the title
Strong when we see how much dominated he was on circuit so far

Hard for Kajto, third time he lost the title in the last rally against a young gun but I prefer a young driver to win these categories, especially when the gap is close (and also, with the Greece stuff, there is no contestation possible now)

Mirek
21st November 2021, 11:25
Rossel pushing in first split to reverse the situation in WRC-3

In WRC-2, nothing important but apparently Movisport will take the team championship to Toksport if Brazzoli finishes (a little surprising but as always, team championship is a little peculiar)

It's Rossel by 1,8 seconds.

RS
21st November 2021, 11:34

Especially when Movisport aren’t actually a team.

RS
21st November 2021, 11:36
It's Rossel by 1,8 seconds.

Congratulations to Rossel who shows a lot of promise, but a pretty good job by Kajto too. Am i right that WRC2/3 split for Rally2 cars is abolished for next year?

focus206
21st November 2021, 11:37
Congratulations to Ogier, ending his career in a very typical fashion, driving at his pace that is comfortable for him but uncomfortable for others, taking what he can when he's not the fastest and profiting when he is. Some would say he is the luckiest man alive... lucky he doesn't go off at dangerous places, lucky he doesn't get punctures, lucky he doesn't hit rocks, lucky others make mistakes, lucky his car didn't break down, lucky he has the right tyres and the list goes on, have heard it all many times over the years. I say maybe the man knows something more than the others ;) I was never a big fan but must admit he is a great champion, one of the greatest of all time.

One thing does not exclude the other, one can be a great driver and being a lucky man as well. When he managed to win Croatia after that shunt with the BMW and the problems with the police, or when he wasn't DQ'd in Sardegna few years ago because Tanak brought him his time card... was he lucky or was it because "he knew something more"? ;)
In any case, this season was close to perfect for Ogier, no technical troubles at all and only one big mistake in Arctic. Well done to him, deserved title and now he can retire from full-time drive as a champion, like another great WRC champion did few years ago.

AnttiL
21st November 2021, 11:47
Congratulations to Rossel who shows a lot of promise, but a pretty good job by Kajto too. Am i right that WRC2/3 split for Rally2 cars is abolished for next year?

Next year we have WRC2 open and junior.
WRC3 will be with Rally3 cars.

Mirek
21st November 2021, 11:47
One thing does not exclude the other, one can be a great driver and being a lucky man as well. When he managed to win Croatia after that shunt with the BMW and the problems with the police, or when he wasn't DQ'd in Sardegna few years ago because Tanak brought him his time card... was he lucky or was it because "he knew something more"? ;)
In any case, this season was close to perfect for Ogier, no technical troubles at all and only one big mistake in Arctic. Well done to him, deserved title and now he can retire from full-time drive as a champion, like another great WRC champion did few years ago.

They say you need to go to meet the luck and there is something about it ;)

Mirek
21st November 2021, 11:49
Next year we have WRC2 open and junior.
WRC3 will be with Rally3 cars.

That's somewhat modified concept which has worked in ERC for years (just replaced the old gr.N+RGT with the new Rally3). It's proven concept and I am happy they selected it also for the WRC2/3.

becher
21st November 2021, 12:58
No. Slid to the right.

Yes but the damage was strangely on the left side. What happend?

dimviii
21st November 2021, 13:00
Cograts to Ogier-Ingrassia,well deserved title,truly among the best of all time.
He still has the best package overall as a driver.

Rossel as he informed that he is champion
https://www.facebook.com/YohanRossel/videos/954912801899388/

Päss1928
21st November 2021, 13:13

This (https://i.gyazo.com/311ad28f0db49000847fb75e1d4557c2.mp4)

becher
21st November 2021, 13:16
This (https://i.gyazo.com/311ad28f0db49000847fb75e1d4557c2.mp4)
Ahh thanks, he clipped the front left while spinning!

Rallyper
21st November 2021, 13:30

Slid right with left side in front direction going into barrier...

Danny0405
21st November 2021, 13:43
Rossel as he informed that he is champion
https://www.facebook.com/YohanRossel/videos/954912801899388/

Great for him as he had only the funding for 5 rounds until half of the season and no big backing from Citroën. Big performance in the last stage after Kajto dominated him on the circuit the whole weekend (and good strategy to keep all-in for the last stage as Crugnola was clearly the best on the circuit). All the more with the fact that he had to change co-driver with Coria leaving for Fourmaux.
Hope a manufacturer will give him a good backing in WRC-2 next year.

Good point for Citroen also: their cars won the 3 main titles of Rally2 (WRC-2, WRC-3 and ERC) in 2 seasons with 3 different drivers.
Skoda is probably slightly better globally but they had to re-hire Mikkelsen this season to get titles.
Interesting to see 2 manufacturers (other than WRC manufacturers) competing at this level in this category.

Danny0405
21st November 2021, 13:53
Also good job from Solberg.
Seems quite good on tarmac for a young Nordic (and better than Rovanpera on tarmac when the Finnish was at the same level of experience). Not a huge surprise considering what he has done on tarmac since last year (Roma-Hungary-Monza-Canarias 2020, Monte this year)

Danny0405
21st November 2021, 14:20
Especially when Movisport aren’t actually a team.

Yeah, I must admit I don’t exactly understand the model of this «*team*» and what is the advantage for a driver to register with them as it seems the preparation job is made by another team (M-Sport for Cais and Gryazin when they had Ford, Printsport for Lappi and Suninen, ...).
Do they have good marketing agreements with companies that help the funding for the driver? Probably also the priority position with WRC-2 registration because some teams don’t want to register for a full WRC-2 campaign.
And what is their business model? (Prize money with the championship win + advertising?).

Anyway, even if it strange such a team beats Toksport, it is still positive to see them as it helped to offer a good competition in WRC-2 and to see drivers such as Lappi, Suninen, Gryazin and even Cais competing.

Essaj
21st November 2021, 14:38
Seems quite good on tarmac for a young Nordic (and better than Rovanpera on tarmac when the Finnish was at the same level of experience)
Yes good job Oliver, but this was his 3rd tarmac rally with a WRC. Kalle's 3rd tarmac rally was this years Monte where he battled for a podium so was it really better? :)

drive
21st November 2021, 14:42
Kalle first driver doing two donuts on same stage?

https://youtu.be/ky_6u7q3STY

dimviii
21st November 2021, 14:49
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEuS6bgXwAo8lhQ?format=jpg&name=large

and a video
https://twitter.com/JonneHalttunen/status/1462420027576102918

dimviii
21st November 2021, 15:05
Adrien FOURMAUX
@AdrienFourmaux
He really has a heavy right foot the @SebOgier

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEunVzfX0AU1gEq?format=jpg&name=small

Franky
21st November 2021, 15:27
The number of pages shows how interesting this rally was. On WRC calendar only Rally Sweden had less posts...

dimviii
21st November 2021, 15:30
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEuxMZ3WQAIhxi2?format=jpg&name=large

Rallyper
21st November 2021, 16:41
https://youtu.be/ky_6u7q3STY

So three then? Still the question: First time ever?

Mirek
21st November 2021, 16:52
So three then? Still the question: First time ever?

Why is that important?

AnttiL
21st November 2021, 17:35
The number of pages shows how interesting this rally was. On WRC calendar only Rally Sweden had less posts...

How many pages were Ott Tänak speculation? ;)

And Sweden wasn't run this year ;)

AnttiL
21st November 2021, 17:37
I looked at Suninen's stage results, mostly 6-9 with two 3rd places. It's very similar to what he performed with the Fiesta in Tour de Corse and Catalunya tarmac stages in 2019 (in Deutschland 2019 he had a lot better stage times)

Danny0405
21st November 2021, 17:51
I looked at Suninen's stage results, mostly 6-9 with two 3rd places. It's very similar to what he performed with the Fiesta in Tour de Corse and Catalunya tarmac stages in 2019 (in Deutschland 2019 he had a lot better stage times)

Yep, clearly not a game changer for him for next year (about what he said that this rally could open him a door), especially with what Solberg did.
Not bad but not good. Best solution for him now is to be the leader of Hyundai bunch in WRC-2 to stay in the game and, then, hope some opportunities to open in Rally1 (but he is not alone in this position).

Franky
21st November 2021, 17:55
How many pages were Ott Tänak speculation? ;)

And Sweden wasn't run this year ;)

Saying that it's the least interest generating event would had been too depressing. So added the event that did not run for comparison :D

AnttiL
21st November 2021, 18:00
Yep, clearly not a game changer for him for next year (about what he said that this rally could open him a door), especially with what Solberg did.
Not bad but not good. Best solution for him now is to be the leader of Hyundai bunch in WRC-2 to stay in the game and, then, hope some opportunities to open in Rally1 (but he is not alone in this position).

Yes, and I don't think he could even have chances for anything more. Just WRC2 and maybe a single Rally1 drive.

mknight
21st November 2021, 18:13
Very good from my view:
-Ogier taking it in style right from first stage
- Solberg (probably 2nd best rally of the year)
- Sordo ( "standard" drive)

Meh:
Neuville

Disappointment:

- Suninen ( improved during the weekend but still a bit slower than I expected)
- Rovanpera ( sure he has to finish, but is this the fastest controlled performance he can do?, kinda reminds me of the Meeke way, full push or nothing)
- Fourmaux and Greensmith, tarmac is Fiesta best surface yet I didn't see any highlights.

dimviii
21st November 2021, 18:32
https://youtu.be/q6YcZLi8w3o

EstWRC
21st November 2021, 18:38
Ogier and Ingrassia take 8th WDC!
so Tänak-Järveoja were the only ones, who could stop Ogier for one year~!

IF Ogier wins Monte 2022, I think he might want to go for the 9th :D

and im super proud of that, at least there was one guy who stopped the French domination (Loeb and Ogier winning titles all years since 2004) for one year.

dimviii
21st November 2021, 19:06
Halttunens road book

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEudbO5WUAI60ox?format=jpg&name=large

denkimi
21st November 2021, 21:59
and im super proud of that, at least there was one guy who stopped the French domination (Loeb and Ogier winning titles all years since 2004) for one year.

I would rather say it was the citroen that stopped ogier. If he would have gone to toyota, i'm not sure tanak would have been champion.

lmmjvss
21st November 2021, 23:09
I dont know bout u guys but Ogier's dominance was never boring to me. Always saw this driver as the one to beat since I started to follow this series in 2013! Awesome job, as always
....and aaaah, crap, Ingram got a penalty! Aaaahh.

WRCStan
22nd November 2021, 02:06
I would rather say it was the citroen that stopped ogier. If he would have gone to toyota, i'm not sure tanak would have been champion.

If so then imagine giving Ogier your seat.

cali
22nd November 2021, 03:38
I would rather say it was the citroen that stopped ogier. If he would have gone to toyota, i'm not sure tanak would have been champion.And if Tänak didn't leave from Toyota imagine Ogier with only 6 championships... If if if if....

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

mknight
22nd November 2021, 09:06
Well based on results it's without a doubt that Tanaks decision to leave Toyota turned out even more disastrous for him than the worst fears.

2 wins out of 17 rallies. 3rd and 5th in driver champ (this year he is the last fulltime driver, besides Greensmith and Katsuta).

Let's see if the new car era will turn the trend around.

seb_sh
22nd November 2021, 11:48
- Rovanpera ( sure he has to finish, but is this the fastest controlled performance he can do?, kinda reminds me of the Meeke way, full push or nothing)

Possibly an important lesson for him. It's not easy to find a safe but swift pace. It's a skill needed to do a serious championship challenge.

ouvreur
22nd November 2021, 12:03
Possibly an important lesson for him. It's not easy to find a safe but swift pace. It's a skill needed to do a serious championship challenge.

I'm not sure we can learn anything about Kalle from this weekend, other than he seemed to happily sacrifice his own rally for the benefit of the team. As relatively weak as his pace was, how much of that was down to him?

He could have had a safer engine map, a less 'high performance' centre diff strategy, less edgy chassis setup, or any other parameters changed to make his job (i.e. finishing the rally without incident) easier. He even tested the snow tyres on the penultimate stage. His rally was absolutely not about pushing the limit and setting fast times.

Sure, he could have gone faster. But he didn't need to, and what a fool he would have looked if he'd binned it in the process.

EstWRC
22nd November 2021, 15:21
What was going on here?

https://streamable.com/8ud138

rallyfiend
22nd November 2021, 15:59
What was going on here?

https://streamable.com/8ud138

Adamo being an ass

It's why he's not liked as a boss....