PDA

View Full Version : DTM - Lausitzring - 20.5.07

bt52b
15th May 2007, 18:08
Interview with Susie on crash (http://www.crash.net/feature_view~cid~13~id~11300~pid~0.htm). She should go well if she has her 2005 car back.

Would be great to see the old cars come out on top again ;)

Ian McC
19th May 2007, 14:42
Qualifying complete, Spengler on top. De Resta continues his great run with a third place for tomorrows race.

http://www.dtm.com/ergebnis.php?file=ergebnisse/2007-05-20d.csv

Simmi
20th May 2007, 15:27
Can anyone honestly say they understood that race? A complete shambles and I'd love to know how they came to that decision regarding who was leading. Why did drivers who had stopped twice and had track position such as Paffett/Green etc have to move behind Hakkinen in that second safety car period? It seemed to me that second period was thrown to purely sort out the track order. I dont see how it was legal for the works Mercs to race around outside of the safety car queue making both pitstops. How did Lauda who had a drive-through penalty and made three stops finish in the points?

I've never been so confused watching a race in my life and the commentators seemed to have less of a clue then anyone. Plus it would have been nice to actually see the first four laps.

VkmSpouge
20th May 2007, 16:10
I only caught the last 16 laps but what I gather it was rather confusing from before then (may have to catch the replay on Motors TV). Well done to Hakkinen for winning his second race but once again everyone is up staged by Paul di Resta. He's been a revelation this season. Two podiums and leading the championship by 8 points in a two year old Mercedes! Well done!

thompp
21st May 2007, 10:31
Interview with Susie on crash (http://www.crash.net/feature_view~cid~13~id~11300~pid~0.htm). She should go well if she has her 2005 car back.

Would be great to see the old cars come out on top again ;)

I dont like the dispersions against her character, describing her as "a fast young lady".....i mean, honestly. ;)

bt52b
21st May 2007, 12:32
I only caught the last 16 laps but what I gather it was rather confusing from before then (may have to catch the replay on Motors TV). Well done to Hakkinen for winning his second race but once again everyone is up staged by Paul di Resta. He's been a revelation this season. Two podiums and leading the championship by 8 points in a two year old Mercedes! Well done!

Think Audi are still in a spin over than one:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/59013

Pity they are so nice about it...

NASCAR comes to Germany :confused:

Iain
21st May 2007, 15:58
Totally confusing race. Didn't have a clue what the hell was going on and I wanted to throw my remote at the screen because Carlton Kirby was irritating me with his constant Gary Paffett worshipping. It's like the ITV fixation with Lewis Hamilton, but 100x more.

Have you ever seen SEATFreak and Carlton in the same room at the same time? Thought not. ;)

cos
22nd May 2007, 06:45
Totally confusing race. Didn't have a clue what the hell was going on and I wanted to throw my remote at the screen because Carlton Kirby was irritating me with his constant Gary Paffett worshipping. It's like the ITV fixation with Lewis Hamilton, but 100x more.

He wasn't too bad with the Paffett-love this time - was even calling Gary in for a penalty after that clash with Premat! The safety car periods were a joke though, if I'd paid for tickets I'd be asking for money back...

Ian McC
22nd May 2007, 07:45
Carlton Kirby was irritating me with his constant Gary Paffett worshipping.

He doesn't get any better does he! I also think he has a little something for Abt as well :eek:

pentti
22nd May 2007, 15:32
Can anyone honestly say they understood that race? A complete shambles and I'd love to know how they came to that decision regarding who was leading. Why did drivers who had stopped twice and had track position such as Paffett/Green etc have to move behind Hakkinen in that second safety car period? It seemed to me that second period was thrown to purely sort out the track order. I dont see how it was legal for the works Mercs to race around outside of the safety car queue making both pitstops. How did Lauda who had a drive-through penalty and made three stops finish in the points?

I've never been so confused watching a race in my life and the commentators seemed to have less of a clue then anyone. Plus it would have been nice to actually see the first four laps.I do! But it is not easy. Mika's team used excellent tactic leaving him behind the safety car till the last moment.Because the pit lane road was much shorter than race track, he was quite legally been able to pass the safety car with even tyre change. Brialliant tactics. And they quickly did it again.So now he is still leading the race alhtough no more immidiatly behind the safety car.There cars in the same lead lap, but much behind Mika.Then the second time the safety car came out and let cars behind up to Mika past, that was wrong.

Iain
22nd May 2007, 15:50
He doesn't get any better does he! I also think he has a little something for Abt as well :eek:

The worst bit was when he saw the DaimlerChryslerBank car of Spengler (which Paffett used to drive in 05) and for a split second thought that was Paffett. :mark:

He does seem to mention Herr Abt a lot. Mind you he is the most entertaining driver on the grid. :D

bt52b
22nd May 2007, 17:22
He does seem to mention Herr Abt a lot. Mind you he is the most entertaining driver on the grid. :D

Which ever Merc driver thats behind him at the first corner, should be honour bound to punt him off ;)

CarlMetro
22nd May 2007, 17:56
I'm just glad I wasn't the only one who was confused, I thought it was my age :\

stevewf1
22nd May 2007, 18:29
It was the most farcical race ever! Was great to see Mika win, and even greater that Di Resta leads the championship, but they should never have finished 1 and 2 had the officials not messed up the whole Safety Car period. Normally when you pit last under the SC, as Mika did, you emerge in last place at the back of the train of cars, yet he emerged 1st and a lap ahead of most people!!!

I was surprised the points were allowed to be kept, though having said that it wasn't the drivers or teams fault, so I suppose the best thing for the sport was to leave the result as it was.

acorn
22nd May 2007, 18:53
Because the pit lane road was much shorter than race track, he was quite legally been able to pass the safety car with even tyre change. Brialliant tactics. And they quickly did it again.So now he is still leading the race alhtough no more immidiatly behind the safety car.There cars in the same lead lap, but much behind Mika.Then the second time the safety car came out and let cars behind up to Mika past, that was wrong.

poorly written rules and/or poorly designed track if you ask me. fact is he passed the pace car and should have had to wait at the end of pit road for it to repass him. there was another shot of a car waiting at the end of pit road and being passed by others. did that guy misunderstand the rules?
even in nascar i don't believe they can "pass" the pace car even if they're on pit lane.

Liz Bolton
24th May 2007, 09:34
Glad that we are not the only people confused by that race. It did not help that the start of the race was not seem. The safety car periods were confusing. How come Mika was allowed to exit the pit lane but other cars had to wait until the safety car had passed.

However, well done Mika on your second victory and Go Paul!!!!!

Hope that Brands is alot better as tickets are booked, I would have been disappointed if I had paid to see that race.

bt52b
30th May 2007, 11:56
The German ASN has decided that only half points can be awarded for the race. This means Paul di Resta's championship lead is reduced from eight points to four ahead of Mattias Ekstrom.

A little bit of justice at last.

VkmSpouge
30th May 2007, 13:01
Shame for di Resta but that whole race was a mess why should the aftermath be any different?

bt52b
30th May 2007, 17:06
It must have been close. They really should have scrubbed the result and rerun the meeting.