PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari @ Mallory 13th May

richj
14th May 2007, 11:04
Hi,

there was an incident in the first Ferrari race that took a while to extract the driver (black Mondial). Does anyone know how he is as we didn't hear the circuit annoucer say anything...?

cheers
Rich

Scuderia ferrari
14th May 2007, 20:30
I was there, it was a nasty smash. The drivers involved were Simon Bartholomew and Marco Lee Pullen. Marco was the worst out of them and had to be cut out of his car which took about 1 hour and a half. Both Simon and Marco went to the medical centre. After that i heard nothing, other drives (me and my dad are in ferrari owners club) said Marco was the worst out of the accident and his car (Mondial T) was practically a right off.

Other than that, it was a great day. Shame about the weather, rained all day. At least we had shelter and a great view point in the ferrari owners club hospitality area! It was near John Swift's ferrari was.

Delayed racing a lot- report later

richj
14th May 2007, 20:37
yeah, weather was pretty bad, to top it all i killed my battery and had to get the RAC out :-( some pretty good racing though. Do you know who won the 8th race? I was getting jump started at the time and missed the final couple of laps. I know the camaro was catching the 205...

Rich

Scuderia ferrari
14th May 2007, 21:22
No sorry, didn't stay till that long because of the long delay from the ferraris. Watched the post historic touring car race which followed the ferraris though, a great battle between first and second right to the end.

I was on the 2nd parade lap, my dad's ferrari unfortanatly coudn't come because it's having some paint work done for a concor coming up, so we had to come in the BMW. We were at the back behing the group of ferraris on the 2nd parade lap, they are all freinds and people we know that we came down with.

Wanted to take some pictures of the racing- took the digital camera espacially, but bad weather prevented it. Still, a great day, and we may go to some more of those rounds. Hast MST timings put up the results of the races yet? They hadn't last time i checked, it was just quali.

Where were you stood Richj? As i say, i was in the ferrari owners hospitality room thing. It was in the paddock.

richj
15th May 2007, 13:11
we were in a focus on the bank at the entrance to the esses. Opposite the alternate paddock entrance lol

Scuderia ferrari
15th May 2007, 16:36
I see. May have walked past you or been near to you at some time. Did you take any pictures? As i say, i would have if it was not for the terrible weather. Also, did you know what happened to the number 50 yellow mini in the post historic touring car race? It was second on the grid and we saw it chasing the leader up the hill to devil's elbow, but when they came round the last corner, it had dissapeared. Me and my dad presumed to it went strait on at Devil's elbow.

richj
16th May 2007, 14:11
we didn't get any photos due to the rain, if the mini was the clubmans gt, it didn't come down from the hairpin, I didn't see any waved yellows so i assumed pulled off into the bus stop chicane.

Scuderia ferrari
16th May 2007, 20:25
Yeah, though it seemed to be flying up the hill, fighting for the lead, and id didn't look like it had any big problems then. Shame really, but still a cracking race, the mini was only 0.002 seconds of pole postion i read on MST. In dry conditions i don't think it would have been quite that close

richj
17th May 2007, 07:24
yeah, it was a great day for the giant killers. Takes me back a few years when there used to be Ford Anglia's fighting with a 7litre Ford Galaxie.

Scuderia ferrari
17th May 2007, 17:15
I was cheering everyone one, despite the bad weather everyone was trying to put on good races, so i respected them. It was great do be walking around in the paddock, feeling the atmosphere of the place, cars getting ready and teams working on their cars.