PDA

View Full Version : anyone one heard of these ????

alfa155btcc
14th May 2007, 00:58
I know that there are annuals available Books that covers all classes of Touring Car Racing they are called ( TOURING CAR WORLD ) and originate from italian publisher but are written in english the 2000/1/2/3/4/5/6 versions are quite easily available i am after versions from years 1994/5/6 can anyone help or know where i could find them please. :confused: :confused: :confused:

kmchow
14th May 2007, 04:04
Again, if you're not in a hurry, just keep on checking Ebay daily. Sometimes older copies are listed for sale.

SEATFreak
14th May 2007, 08:26
Ebay may be the only source to be honest. I cannot think of other similar sites where you can buy all kinds of stuff regardless of how old or new it is.

I am sure I saw it on the DUKE website. But I am sure you can only get the current issue. I am sure you aren't able to get back issues of a book.

alfa155btcc
14th May 2007, 10:57
thankyou for your swift replies, i too saw the more recent one on Duke catalogue, but i must admit i have never seen any of the older one`s on ebay never as i am quite a regular user, maybe the auto jumbles maybe of some help, or if you know of any motorsport books websites then do let me know, don`t know where to start looking for them
thanks Again
alfa155btcc :s mokin:

Dave B
14th May 2007, 11:26
I know that there are annuals available Books that covers all classes of Touring Car Racing they are called ( TOURING CAR WORLD ) and originate from italian publisher but are written in english the 2000/1/2/3/4/5/6 versions are quite easily available i am after versions from years 1994/5/6 can anyone help or know where i could find them please. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Have you tried searching for Fabio Ravaioli, the author?

Also, the publisher's website is http://www.giorgionadaeditore.it if that helps :)

GRAVETT
14th May 2007, 15:39
i think i have all the books you are looking for

alfa155btcc
14th May 2007, 20:55
Oh that`s great vut are they for sale or would you be willing to sell them to me and if so how much, or if not where do you think i could get them from ???
:s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin:

alfa155btcc
15th May 2007, 00:40
Have you tried searching for Fabio Ravaioli, the author?

Also, the publisher's website is http://www.giorgionadaeditore.it if that helps :)

Hi
have tried serching for Fabio Ravaioli befor ebut no luck will try again, and as for that website knew of it before and emailed them in italian sometime ago still no reply, think they only hold recent issues
Ciao

alfa155btcc
15th May 2007, 00:42
i think i have all the books you are looking for

are these annuals as good as people have told me, do they cover all aspects of touring cars in the specific seasons and are photo`s any good ?

Cheers Mate I await your reply

thompp
15th May 2007, 09:45
I've got the 2006 opne and I'm hoping to but the 2007 one soon. they are based around the WTCC, but have details on all the touring cars championships around the world for the previous year...competition rules, entrants, final standings, circuits, rounds, full grids and positions for each race, some images from each competition. sort of an almanac really

GRAVETT
15th May 2007, 12:19
yeah theyb are as good as you say, private message me with an offer and ill consider selling them

kmchow
15th May 2007, 19:41
Buy from a big name shop or perhaps directly from the new publisher?

**WARNING**--DO NOT BUY DIRECTLY from Fabio Ravaioli!! He used to have his own website that offered to sell you the books directly for a cheap price. I paid/went for the deal, but never got the books. I repeatedly emailed the original website/author, but got responses like "I didn't get the money, I already sent you them already, it's in the mail". (this was before Paypal, but luckily, I sent a money order which you could track and it was cashed!!).

I got desparate and contacted the website designer to pass on email to the author that I would be notifying the local authorities and let all my touring car fan buddies know about his scam. The website designer must have got confused thinking I was going to report him and he must have to talked to the author. Cause after that, I eventually got my books, but still not without a few last minute show of internet force.

alfa155btcc
16th May 2007, 00:27
do they cover all aspects of touring car racing from certain season and are there lot of colour photo`s and results for season etc etc ???

Dave B
16th May 2007, 09:27
Buy from a big name shop or perhaps directly from the new publisher?

**WARNING**--DO NOT BUY DIRECTLY from Fabio Ravaioli!! He used to have his own website that offered to sell you the books directly for a cheap price. I paid/went for the deal, but never got the books. I repeatedly emailed the original website/author, but got responses like "I didn't get the money, I already sent you them already, it's in the mail". (this was before Paypal, but luckily, I sent a money order which you could track and it was cashed!!).

I got desparate and contacted the website designer to pass on email to the author that I would be notifying the local authorities and let all my touring car fan buddies know about his scam. The website designer must have got confused thinking I was going to report him and he must have to talked to the author. Cause after that, I eventually got my books, but still not without a few last minute show of internet force.

Weird. I know Fabio and he's one of the most decent blokes you could meet. :s

alfa155btcc
16th May 2007, 12:06
Just wondered as i have posted already are books what a friend of mine called them the other day the bible of tourong cars ???

kmchow
16th May 2007, 17:22
yes, the books are incredibly good, lotsa colour pictures. Though paging through one recently, it looks like they left out pictures of a championship or two. But overall, thumbs up from me. :D I consider it a must buy every year!

pole_sitter
18th May 2007, 03:37
Yep! Check eBay.

PDS
18th May 2007, 15:32
Weird. I know Fabio and he's one of the most decent blokes you could meet. :s

I'd second that.. Top bloke!

He even gave me a couple as a gift! Not many would do that..

alfa155btcc
18th May 2007, 20:03
I will be looking on ebay but never had any luck and I won`t hold my breath but will try again,

Many Thanks

alfa155btcc
30th May 2007, 16:02
any of you guys have fabio`s email address, i am still after 1994 book ????
:s mokin:

PDS
30th May 2007, 17:01
He's the press officer for the WTCC. Look on that site.
http://www.fiawtcc.com

alfa155btcc
31st May 2007, 00:29
i will give that ago cheers for now.