PDA

View Full Version : WRC+ Expert Commentators

Sulland
23rd January 2021, 09:03
Mads Ostberg have done a very good job as Expert Commentator in MC.

It is so good for us looking at WRC All Live to have a driver with more or less current experience adding on the normal team.

Well, Mads is a nutural TV/Radio type of person and is perfect for the job.
But if he gets back to driving, there are enough drivers with fresh experience they could use.

Loeb or Petter would be good candidates?

Who would you like to see?

Course there are plenty of other drivers, but he's definitely set the bar now. May be tempting to get a name like Loeb or Solberg, but I they aren't as good at insight, then it's a step back.

WRC live won't give a toss though, they'll go back to 'normal' as they do with cameras etc.

Loeb maybe too dull.
Seb Marshall was ok.

Petter certainly would be entertaining.

This thread will give the All Live team good pointers of wanted candidates!i

wyler
23rd January 2021, 09:35
i'd like to have danos!

T16
23rd January 2021, 13:02
Like I said earlier - he's set the bar now. Doesn't matter what ranking he had as a driver - his insight was class.

If they do bring anyone else in, I''d like to think they point out to whoever it is, just how good a job Mads did.

God, you imagine if they got Meeke in to co-comm alongside Desbrough!? - "Kris, just a reminder - you're from Dungannon, you know?"

meh
23rd January 2021, 16:13
I think Lappi could be good candidate as well - quite "no-filter" guy, funny and have experience with 3 different new era cars.

And feedback from me also for All-Live team - really good and enjoyable job with Ostberg!

AnttiL
23rd January 2021, 17:22
Mads is a good analytical professional commentator. He talks about driving technique and can notice what's going on in the car. I doubt Lappi or Elena would play the same role, they would just joke more. Of course that would be more "entertaining", but for me it would be as interesting as Desborough and Porter.

JML would be great. Shame that he already got a job for this year...:p

wyler
23rd January 2021, 17:41
Mads is a good analytical professional commentator. He talks about driving technique and can notice what's going on in the car. I doubt Lappi or Elena would play the same role, they would just joke more. Of course that would be more "entertaining", but for me it would be as interesting as Desborough and Porter.

JML would be great. Shame that he already got a job for this year...:p

clearly joking about elena! : )

Morte66
23rd January 2021, 19:33
JML would be great.

I too was hoping JML would turn up as a commentator sooner or later.

Sulland
23rd January 2021, 20:52
Mikko Hirvonen might be a good candidate.
Driven for many of the top teams, still drives as a hobby.

GigiGalliNo1
24th January 2021, 04:58
Mikko Hirvonen might be a good candidate.
Driven for many of the top teams, still drives as a hobby.

He's done a bit with Mike Chen on Red Bull TV but he is a bit boring...

dimviii
24th January 2021, 07:12
for me best one would be Panizzi
https://youtu.be/rhlyIpbxx74