PDA

View Full Version : autocon returns

DavePI2
13th May 2007, 16:46
Good to see Autocon is returning for the Utah race with their new Judd. It may be token resistance to Audi but still a welcome site to see more PI's in the field. Does anyone have any idea if there might be any more cars joining the field for either p1 or p2 this year? There was the car that was damaged earlier this year I believe at Long Beach and pulled out of P1 compitition. There was also the possiblilty at the beginning of the year of Van der Stuer fielding a P2 team againg this year. Also will Corvette ever get any competition this year in GT1? I would hate to see corvette pull out after Lemans.

David

rob01
13th May 2007, 17:28
It would be good to see more P1'S but I think Audi should come over to europe to race in the LMS. Plenty of competition there and they would be going up against peugeot more than just once a year. I can't help thinking the corvettes are there to just waist money. With no competition whats the point??

wmcot
14th May 2007, 07:17
I'll be at the Utah GP this week and I'm glad to see some more interest in P1. There is such little difference in performance between P1 and P2 that they might as well work out a compromise and combine the classes.
As for GT1, the Corvettes are using each race as practice and tuning for LeMans. While they are very boring, GT2 is certainly very interesting and entertaining.
ALMS 2007 is all about P2 and GT2.

p.s. I can't wait until Thursday - 2 days off work and 3 days of racing in my own back yard!!!!