PDA

View Full Version : ITV Thread (again)

BeansBeansBeans
13th May 2007, 16:36
Did anyone else feel that the Lewis-gushing we've seen at previous rounds had subsided a bit today? Maybe messrs Allen and Rider have been told to cool it down a bit.

inamo
13th May 2007, 19:02
Hmmm I'm not so sure. I was really disappointed they didn't interview Taku or anyone from Super Aguri - huge result for them today!

Spoonbender
13th May 2007, 23:16
I think ITV did a fantastic job today. At least we'll know what's for lunch, should Heiki Kovalainen ever invite us round :)

GRAVETT
13th May 2007, 23:28
itvs' usual dumbed down nonsense. allen is as ever truely truely awful. the production of the pre race show was a total joke.... RECIPES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? brundle did well as usual, he can improve but i think itv should keep him, partner him with a real commentator, moodie, haven, hell even ben edwards !!!!
steve rider is about the only decent itv f1 figure, a real fan with a real genuine passion for the sport.

note- it only took the fool james allen till the lights went out for the parade lap to start gettin all gooey eyed and obsessional about michael schumacher !! a record considering the damn man has retired.

and.............. SUPER AGURI , LESS THAN 2 YEARS OLD, FIRST EVER POINT AND ITV DONT EVEN BOTHER TO MARK A GREAT RESULT !.

raikk
14th May 2007, 08:24
Well Id rather be listening to James Allen anyday then have a commercial every 10 minutes with SPEEDTV thats for sure!.. makes me glad I have TSN to use as the main channel... not an option this time mind you..

raphael123
14th May 2007, 08:30
How can you like Steve Rider? He's awful, as is Blundell. I use to think when we had Jim Rosenthal, alongside Tony Jardine, that other guy, and Mark Blundell it was quite good. But they sacked the other two, and kept the worst one, Mark Blundell!

James Allen isn't great, but gets way too much critizism. Some of the people who slag him off continuously really have no life! He may not be Murray, but he isn't THAT bad.

Ranger
14th May 2007, 08:34
I thought it was it was fine... they didn't seem to have so much on Lewis which was better than an arse-kissing fest we've seen in the last few races.

On the other hand, Martin curiously seemed to go on about Coulthard's "super" performance and how he was "flying" quite a lot more than what he said about some of the others who also were making good pace on circuit. Of course, Coulthard was good yesterday, but part of me thought that at least some of that hype Martin was creating about David had to do with the fact that DC is his management client.

raphael123
14th May 2007, 08:36
Who else would you say was making as good pace on the circuit as DC? I thought DC's performance was the best on the field. Plus the fact he's british, I don't think it was that unusual for Martin to comment on it.

Ranger
14th May 2007, 08:42
Who else would you say was making as good pace on the circuit as DC? I thought DC's performance was the best on the field. Plus the fact he's british, I don't think it was that unusual for Martin to comment on it.

I didn't say it wasn't deserved, just rather curious. Not that Martin is bleedingly obvious when he likes or dislikes a driver, he's a lot more subtle than that, unlike James Hunt.

SGWilko
15th May 2007, 15:37

Nico had a good race......

NoahsGirl
15th May 2007, 19:55
I was glad that ITV toned down the hype for Hamilton. Managed to zone out when Allen was speaking, but always manage to tune back in when Martin speaks. I much prefer Steve Rider to Jim Rosenthal, but why on earth did they keep on Blundell - what does he do except state the bleeding obvious in 3 different ways in 1 monologue? Bring back the Jardine!!

Ian McC
15th May 2007, 20:03
Other than the adverts I think ITV coverage is great, I almost forgive Allen for continuing to try and be Murray.

Stuartf12007
15th May 2007, 20:03
Martin Brundle should be main commentator With Mark blundell as co.

Steve Rider is an excellent host.

Ed
15th May 2007, 20:18
No not martin Blundell!! remebr when he did Hungry (I think) two years ago as Brundle was on holiday he was alwful!!! worse then James and that is a saying sumit!!

GridGirl
15th May 2007, 21:43
I didn't say it wasn't deserved, just rather curious. Not that Martin is bleedingly obvious when he likes or dislikes a driver, he's a lot more subtle than that, unlike James Hunt.

Martin Brundle and Mark Blundell have their own management company called 2MB. They look after a few interesting drivers, and knowing some of deals that they get from driver management I think they are extremely objective in their commentary. I'm not sure if DC is managed by 2MB, but I like the fact that neither of them shove it in your face about who they represent. They also keep alot quiet.

raphael123
15th May 2007, 22:45
ITV do a much better job than BBC.

wedge
15th May 2007, 23:47
They should feature Ant a bit more just to make it a bit more just to be more balanced.

It's quite obviously Button hates to be interviewed as he really can't wait to get his hands on the B-spec chassis.

call_me_andrew
16th May 2007, 06:24
Well Id rather be listening to James Allen anyday then have a commercial every 10 minutes with SPEEDTV thats for sure!.. makes me glad I have TSN to use as the main channel... not an option this time mind you..

How is 10 minutes too often? And it's just 5, 30-second commercials every time so they're pretty easy to predict.

acescribe
16th May 2007, 12:03
James Allen just needs to be himself a bit more and yes, not try to be Murray and not shout when his voice is clearly incapable of letting him....he just sounds in pain when he raises it up.

Flat.tyres
16th May 2007, 12:14
Well, i prefer BBC as theres no inturuptions in the race. I dont really care what happens in there special features to be frank.

aryan
16th May 2007, 17:11
Who broadcasts F1 races in Canada? Is it free on air or cable?

Caroline
16th May 2007, 17:38
Steve Rider has made a really positive impact to the F1 programme although I still don't watch the pre race build up. I just find it cringeworthy. I would much rather have an indepth feature on a team - say Super Aguri - than watch an attempt at 'lifestyles of F1 drivers'. Actually James Allen only annoys me these days when I consciously listen to him speak. I can tune out rather easily and don't seem to lose any of the enjoyment of the race itself.

futuretiger9
16th May 2007, 22:04
Whenever possible, I watch the action with the TV sound turned right down, and the radio commentary on. This is unless Martin Brundle has something interesting and different to say.

Stuartf12007
16th May 2007, 22:45
send james allen to gym school

Bezza
16th May 2007, 22:50
Whenever possible, I watch the action with the TV sound turned right down, and the radio commentary on. This is unless Martin Brundle has something interesting and different to say.

How would you ever know if you had the sound turned off...?

Somebody
16th May 2007, 23:24
How is 10 minutes too often? And it's just 5, 30-second commercials every time so they're pretty easy to predict.
So, that means that fully a quarter of the race coverage is ads, no?

BDunnell
16th May 2007, 23:37
Steve Rider has made a really positive impact to the F1 programme although I still don't watch the pre race build up. I just find it cringeworthy. I would much rather have an indepth feature on a team - say Super Aguri - than watch an attempt at 'lifestyles of F1 drivers'. Actually James Allen only annoys me these days when I consciously listen to him speak. I can tune out rather easily and don't seem to lose any of the enjoyment of the race itself.

It is true, in my experience, that listening too closely to most sports commentators spoils the overall effect, no matter whether they are good or bad.

scrappy
16th May 2007, 23:45
really how can you say Itv coverage is interesting. I used to watch it but F1 is only good for putting you to sleep most days. the fact that the BBC excelled in my opinion in non stop coverage. you had non off this going to commercial just as something was happening or the director of the station. i also think a lot off the drivers are pretty poor as well that goes for schumacher as well he couldn't hold a candle to mansell/prost or not forgetting senna. Its a dangerous sport and those guys new how to drive.

Spoonbender
17th May 2007, 17:39
I have to say that my main annoyance with James Allen's commentary, is that all he seems to do is ask Martin what he thinks?
ie: Martin, Jensons just lost his nose, what's he thinking right now? or Martin, Massa has just won, what's he thinking right now? To which I always answer, try having a thought of your own :)

Stuartf12007
17th May 2007, 17:59
All ITV go on about is Lewis, the poor kid is under so much pressure, why do they have to keep going on about him.

Just let him race.

BDunnell
17th May 2007, 19:42
I have to say that my main annoyance with James Allen's commentary, is that all he seems to do is ask Martin what he thinks?
ie: Martin, Jensons just lost his nose, what's he thinking right now? or Martin, Massa has just won, what's he thinking right now? To which I always answer, try having a thought of your own :)

That is what an expert analyst is there for.

AndyRAC
17th May 2007, 21:10
I'd prefer it if they started 30 mins later, then ran the other 30 mins after the race to get more reaction. Just look at the Moto Gp coverage on Interactive after a race, it's better than ITV's F1 coverage.

futuretiger9
17th May 2007, 21:31
How would you ever know if you had the sound turned off...?

I tend to have the TV sound "half on" for some of the time, so as to monitor what the presenters/commentators are saying.

Stuartf12007
17th May 2007, 23:20
martin Brundle Quote from last weeks grandprix "if the honda had a better paint job, im sure it would be a 10th quicker"

i could'nt agree more.

raphael123
18th May 2007, 02:11
Well, i prefer BBC as theres no inturuptions in the race. I dont really care what happens in there special features to be frank.

I prefer an extra couple of hours of features, interviews with the drivers, the team bosses - I feel it lets us get more involved, and we find things out we wouldn't otherwise know. You get so much more info if you watch the preview and review parts than if you just watch from the green light to the flag. I think the breaks are worth putting up with for those :)

GRAVETT
18th May 2007, 02:24
yes like how to cook !! real indepth coverage from itv there. itv are a joke and aslong as there are fools like goodman, allen and kravitts in there its always going to be an inadequately presented dumbed down hash of a show, because thats all they are good for.
out of the hour of pre race coverage there is only about 15 mins of fresh innovative or interesting items. if we had a couple of hours of race preview itv would give us more crap to endure, probally get some two bit kids tv presenter in next or even worse someone from itv play. best thing to do is turn on about 10 mins before the race starts if you want to learn anything read official websites and you'll find out alot more than itv can tell you.
yes im ranting, itv are killing f1 for the pureist, they are trying to get new fans in by attracting them with dumbed down rubbish that football fans can understand whilst driving many real race fans away. i used to love the btcc but itv have pushed and pushed and helped create the most incompetant race series in the world, where these so called drivers are praised for causing accidents and is pretty much only now watched by blood thirsty brain dead fools. just wait guys, it will happen to f1 too.

raphael123
18th May 2007, 02:25

lol, you don't watch the pre race build up, which is what Steve Rider does, yet say he has made a positive impact? If making people switch off is a 'positive' impact, I'd like to see a negative impact :laugh:

I must preferred Jim :up:

GRAVETT
18th May 2007, 02:28
jim rosenthal !!!!!!!!!??? you prefered a man who didnt give a stuff about the sport !!! a man that when itv got his favourite sport back ( boxing ) ran straight there !!! steve rider is the only good thing about the whole itv part of f1 !!

GRAVETT
18th May 2007, 02:31
too much james allen and itv make taylor go insane...too much james allen and itv make taylor go insane...too much james allen and itv make taylor go insane...too much james allen and itv make taylor go insane...too much james allen and itv make taylor go insane...too much james allen and itv make taylor go insane...too much james allen and itv make taylor go insane...too much james allen and itv make taylor go insane...too much james allen and itv make taylor go insane...too much james allen and itv make taylor go insane...too much james allen and itv make taylor go insane...too much james allen and itv make taylor go insane...too much james allen and itv make taylor go insane...too much james allen and itv make taylor go insane...too much james allen and itv make taylor go insane...too much james allen and itv make taylor go insane......................... heh ;)

raphael123
18th May 2007, 02:32
yes like how to cook !! real indepth coverage from itv there. itv are a joke and aslong as there are fools like goodman, allen and kravitts in there its always going to be an inadequately presented dumbed down hash of a show, because thats all they are good for.
out of the hour of pre race coverage there is only about 15 mins of fresh innovative or interesting items. if we had a couple of hours of race preview itv would give us more crap to endure, probally get some two bit kids tv presenter in next or even worse someone from itv play. best thing to do is turn on about 10 mins before the race starts if you want to learn anything read official websites and you'll find out alot more than itv can tell you.
yes im ranting, itv are killing f1 for the pureist, they are trying to get new fans in by attracting them with dumbed down rubbish that football fans can understand whilst driving many real race fans away. i used to love the btcc but itv have pushed and pushed and helped create the most incompetant race series in the world, where these so called drivers are praised for causing accidents and is pretty much only now watched by blood thirsty brain dead fools. just wait guys, it will happen to f1 too.

What role has ITV had in making BTCC the most incompetant race series in the world?

I agree though, BTCC was awesome race series, but it just went downhill, and I had to stop watching it when they introduced weight penalties for winning - penalising drivers/teams for doing the best job :rolleyes: whatever next, award most points for finishing last :dozey:

raphael123
18th May 2007, 02:35
jim rosenthal !!!!!!!!!??? you prefered a man who didnt give a stuff about the sport !!! a man that when itv got his favourite sport back ( boxing ) ran straight there !!! steve rider is the only good thing about the whole itv part of f1 !!

The man, started off as someone who didn't know anything about the sport, and over the 9yrs became a passionate fan. The chemistry and friendship he had with the likes of Jardine were great to watch, a bit like the friendship we see between Lineker and Hansen etc. Blundell and Ryder both come across as fake.

As for critizising Rosenthal for going to boxing - do you think he should stay unemployed? And you do realise Ryder also commentates for football matches, and did a wide range of sports on BBC before he came over to ITV1?

GRAVETT
18th May 2007, 02:52
you do not know what you are talking about, i have met and spoken to jim rosentahl at length as i am also connected to the boxing world, from his own mouth i have heard his dislike for motorsport and that he jumped at the chance and took a pay cut to lead the boxing coverage from itv. steve rider has been a fan of all forms of motorsport all his life. he has to present other sports because the stations tell him to but his heart lays with motorsport. to call a man who is genuinly a fan and involved in other aspects of motor racing a fake is crazy and then to call his broadcast colleague who has f1 running through his viens fake also shows a lack of intelligence and actual knowledge.

GRAVETT
18th May 2007, 02:56
the role itv has had in the demise of the btcc is they focus on the all the bad aspects of the sport, the crashes the fights the general footballesque negative aspects. they promote this kind of behaviour thus the people who are interested in such nonsence tune in , we purists tune out so thier target audience and actual audience are the people who like to see stupid looking cars being driven into each other by talentless so called drivers.

Caroline
18th May 2007, 08:22
lol, you don't watch the pre race build up, which is what Steve Rider does, yet say he has made a positive impact? If making people switch off is a 'positive' impact, I'd like to see a negative impact :laugh:

I must preferred Jim :up:

No I don't watch it. I can't bear to watch fawning shallow interviews. If I do have the misfortune of tuning in early the only bearable part is when I watch Steve Rider. He is articulate, informed and doesn't patronise the audience. I like him because he has strong links with motorsport and particularly enjoyed his involvement with the BTCC in the good ol' days.

He makes the programme more watchable.

BDunnell
18th May 2007, 11:51
Let's remember that Jim Rosenthal was 'chosen' as ITV's original F1 presenter because, at the time, they couldn't lure Steve Rider away from the BBC. There was no doubt he was a second choice at best.

Blundell and Rider don't make a great partnership, I agree, because Blundell is not especially articulate as a broadcaster and isn't a great analyst. But I was never especially fond of that between Rosenthal and Jardine either — hardly a classic pairing. Rider is a massive improvement, being one of the very best sports presenters around.

Another interesting point is that Rider wasn't supposed to be doing anything other than F1 for ITV, according to my memory of the initial announcement of his deal. He was quite a late addition to their World Cup team, rather to the chagrin, I believe, of Gabby Logan who did less as a result and then left for the BBC.

Flat.tyres
18th May 2007, 12:18
Blundell is about as interesting as watching paint dry. bit like his racing actually.

I agree with Caroline and Gravett in that Steve is one of the few positives in a mediocre program. at least he knows what he's talking about and cares about the sport.

As for the insite in F1, then it's mostly meaningless, shallow tosh. occassionally a good feature may rise out of the mire to provide some sort of entertainment but the rest is mindnumbinly boring and irrelivant like last weeks ready steady cook.

Spoonbender
18th May 2007, 17:25
That is what an expert analyst is there for.

I fear you're missing my point, never mind.

call_me_andrew
19th May 2007, 02:55
So, that means that fully a quarter of the race coverage is ads, no?

If you saw what NASCAR's commercials look like, you'd beg for F1 commercials.

raphael123
20th May 2007, 01:47
I'm surprised I'm the only one who isn't a fan of Ryder.

I really am not fussed on him. I think they need more than 2 - Steve and Mark. And also, this obsession with broadcasting outside is a bit unnecessary. I quite liked it when they would do the analysis etc in the studio. I think if they could find some presenters who had a connection, a bit of chemistry, like you see on Match of The Day etc it would be really good.

wedge
21st May 2007, 13:25
you do not know what you are talking about, i have met and spoken to jim rosentahl at length as i am also connected to the boxing world, from his own mouth i have heard his dislike for motorsport and that he jumped at the chance and took a pay cut to lead the boxing coverage from itv. steve rider has been a fan of all forms of motorsport all his life. he has to present other sports because the stations tell him to but his heart lays with motorsport. to call a man who is genuinly a fan and involved in other aspects of motor racing a fake is crazy and then to call his broadcast colleague who has f1 running through his viens fake also shows a lack of intelligence and actual knowledge.

Interesting.....

I remember 10yrs ago Autosport interviewed Jim and Jim claimed he used collect and read Autosport in his younger days!

If memory serves me correct, it was Jim who presented the F3000 Birmingham Superprix when they used to show it on ITV?

GRAVETT
21st May 2007, 13:38
Well i can only pass on what i hear, the fact is though steve rider is a better presenter and a bigger fan and part of motorsport.
there was a definated hatred for motorsport now, but maybe itv gave him that. i didnt once hear anything about how he was a fan, just how is'nt a fan now. i could have talked more i suppose, but when you're meant to meeting matt skelton and already running late, it's not a good idea to keep him waiting much longer.

Rusty Spanner
21st May 2007, 13:45
ITV BAFTA Award Winning Coverage!

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/59022

GRAVETT
21st May 2007, 13:53
oh come one what were they up against, of course it was going to win, because it had a the best british win. it was purposfiully put up against lesser events. the actuall broadcast was pretty poor as is all itv material. they only won because of the result which itv had nothing to deal with ! well done itv on winning an award you had absolutly zero to do with. we should have all won a bafta for going to the race then.

Rusty Spanner
21st May 2007, 14:17
One easy thing I think ITV could do to make the coverage better is by saying less.

You don't have to talk constantly from lights to flag. If there is nothing to say at that particular moment say nothing and turn the sound of the cars up.

I'm not a fan of James Allen but I'm sure he'd say less daft things if he didn't feel the need to fill all the air time.

The big problem with ITVs coverage as far as I'm concerned is the footage of the race itself. At a lot of races F1 doesn't do a great job of presenting itself. Cameras are generally poorly and unimaginitively positioned (lots of really long zooms making cars look slow) - even at the new "made for TV" tracks.

wedge
21st May 2007, 14:30
oh come one what were they up against, of course it was going to win, because it had a the best british win. it was purposfiully put up against lesser events. the actuall broadcast was pretty poor as is all itv material. they only won because of the result which itv had nothing to deal with ! well done itv on winning an award you had absolutly zero to do with. we should have all won a bafta for going to the race then.

I think what swayed the voting was Ant calling Brundle a fool for going on holiday and missing out on Button's win on national TV! :D

raphael123
22nd May 2007, 22:34
One easy thing I think ITV could do to make the coverage better is by saying less.

You don't have to talk constantly from lights to flag. If there is nothing to say at that particular moment say nothing and turn the sound of the cars up.

I'm not a fan of James Allen but I'm sure he'd say less daft things if he didn't feel the need to fill all the air time.

The big problem with ITVs coverage as far as I'm concerned is the footage of the race itself. At a lot of races F1 doesn't do a great job of presenting itself. Cameras are generally poorly and unimaginitively positioned (lots of really long zooms making cars look slow) - even at the new "made for TV" tracks.

ITV have no control over that.

raphael123
22nd May 2007, 22:36

God almighty - you really do hate itv don't you.

Switch it off and quit your continuous moaning if it's that painful for you to watch!!

I know many people who disagree, and rate ITV the channel, as well as their coverage of F1. It could be better, but it get's much better coverage here than it does in most countries!!!

23rd May 2007, 06:24
[quote="Rusty Spanner"]One easy thing I think ITV could do to make the coverage better is by saying less. You don't have to talk constantly from lights to flag. If there is nothing to say at that particular moment say nothing and turn the sound of the cars up.

Yeah turn up the sound of the cars! Second thoughts, no, F1 cars aren't that easy on the ears. I agree that commentators don't have to talk constantly. I've gone off F1 lately - maybe it's the commentators.

AndyRAC
9th June 2007, 21:59
What are ITV going to be like if Lewis wins tomorrow, I hate to imagine? They were at it again, just can't help themselves, still talking about Lewis being 'robbed' in Monaco.

zoostation
9th June 2007, 22:04
What are ITV going to be like if Lewis wins tomorrow, I hate to imagine? They were at it again, just can't help themselves, still talking about Lewis being 'robbed' in Monaco.

haha my thoughts exactly

itv has most definatley put me off hamilton mania, they just cant stop going on about it.

and yes, steve ryder isnt as good a presenter as jim IMO

zoostation
9th June 2007, 22:07
oh and p.s.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2007/06/09/itv-misrepresent-mclarens-monaco-controversy/

wedge
10th June 2007, 01:23
Can't blame them really. It's still a talking point and ITV showed a range of opinions though I would agree Ted's reporting was biased.

Personally I think ITV should show a magazine programme when there's a gap between races. For round ups, analysis and interviews. The fuss would die down a lot quicker, IMO.

Spoonbender
11th June 2007, 10:40
I know it's not fashionable to knock ITV for their coverage, and I know it's not an easy job to commentate and yes I am one of those who in the past has been less than complimentary about James Allen but.......

Where was the press conference???????????

A British driver wins, and we can't even hear what his thoughts were or see his expressions. I even waited up and watched the highlights thinking they would show it then but no!!!

It's been said before, I know, but if a football match went into extra time, Coranation Street would have to wait, so why not F1. grrrrrr

ShiftingGears
11th June 2007, 10:55
If I keep hearing "LEWIS HAMILTON............WWWIIIIIIINNNNSSSSS!!!!" from James every time Hammy bags a victory I think I'll scream.

AndyRAC
11th June 2007, 11:12
The sad thing is most of us are delighted he has won, but are getting sick of the OTT, unbalanced coverage. They really have dumbed down the coverage to try to pull in the casual fan, not fair to the real fans. Where is the in depth technical content. They don't do the same with football coverage do they, and as for their competition questions, please. Whoever is producing the coverage needs a rocket up his/her ar5e...

dwboogityfan
11th June 2007, 11:35
I may be in the minority but I think the coverage from ITV (apart from the adverts) is far superior to that of the BBC. James Allen has really improved in the last year or so but it was always going to be impossible to follow Murray.
Brundle is without question the best co-commentator we have seen. He is both knowledgable and not afraid to say anything controvsial. The Grid Walk is always the highlight of the pre-race show and also enjoyed yesterdays Inside F1 segment.
For me the only weakness is Blundell. He unfortunately has little grasp of the English language and I always preferred TJ in this role. Ideally they should have a former driver and former crew member alongside the excellent Steve Rider so that all angles are covered. Oh and drop the cringeworthy Question Mark segment!

ATF
11th June 2007, 11:40
The sad thing is most of us are delighted he has won, but are getting sick of the OTT, unbalanced coverage.

I´m really glad Hamilton won! I´ve watched all but 1 race this year here in Spain - so it´s nice to be able to watch a talented young guy get a deserved win without the constant bias just because he´s British. The difference here is that they still support de la Rosa and not just Alonso!

When JB came along, you see how quickly they forgot about DC, and it´s the same now with him and Lewis! I can only imagine how the British media will react, although if that helps to raise the profile of F1, then maybe it´s a good thing!

Spoonbender
11th June 2007, 12:02
I can't say I'm bothered too much about who's presenting. I've given up on that after years of trying to get James Allen removed, after all he's still there and I'm still here?? anyway, What anoyed me was the non event of an end to the program. The press conference is the finish, to hear the drivers comments and see their reactions. Who can forget MS breaking down in tears when he equalled Sennas achievements. Back to me point, ITV were given a job to do, and just didn't do it, even in the Highlights program. I expect we will get to see it in the hour long pre-amble that we will have to put up with before this Sunday's GP. It will be squeezed in between a couple of features entitled "Flower Arranging with Kimi Raikkonen and "Basket Weaving for beginners with Flavio Briatore"

BeansBeansBeans
11th June 2007, 12:53
It's been said before, I know, but if a football match went into extra time, Coranation Street would have to wait, so why not F1. grrrrrr

Eh? If a football match went into extra time, they'd cut the post-match interviews, to enable them to get to Coronation Street (ITV's most watched show) ASAP. Just like they did yesterday for the Grand Prix.

DonnieDarco
11th June 2007, 12:57
I expect we will get to see it in the hour long pre-amble that we will have to put up with before this Sunday's GP. It will be squeezed in between a couple of features entitled "Flower Arranging with Kimi Raikkonen and "Basket Weaving for beginners with Flavio Briatore"

You just made it sound interesting :D

Mark
11th June 2007, 12:58
Eh? If a football match went into extra time, they'd cut the post-match interviews, to enable them to get to Coronation Street (ITV's most watched show) ASAP. Just like they did yesterday for the Grand Prix.

There have been several occasions where a football match has finished in time for Coronation St, but instead of going straight to it, they come back for 30 minutes of post match analysis.

Having said that, ITV made the correct decision.

Mark
11th June 2007, 13:01
Brundles grid walk is indeed the highlights of the programme, they should give him longer to do it, he's always rushing to actually talk to people, which is a shame. They should get rid of Mark Blundell talking to Steve Ryder, instead they should have Steve going up to the commentary box to talk to Martin Brundle and James Allen.

Louise Goodman must be the hardest working presenter in motorsport, not only is she at every Grand Prix, she's at every BTCC race too! She must have forgotten what weekends off are!

wedge
11th June 2007, 13:27
I'm more disappointed that they didn't show the post-race analysis on ITV4. I remember they did this last year.

I'm not looking forward to Lewis anymore! Hearing JA shouting 'Lewis wins....' is like watching Sir Alex celebrating whenever Man Utd score a goal!

Jona
11th June 2007, 13:53
Ted Kravitz really gets on my nerves. I find it quite funny how everytime he comes on and says something, Martin Brundle brushes it aside as if he has no respect for what he is saying, which is either wrong or completly obvious.

He is even worse presenting the BTCC. Particularly when he was voicing his opinions at Croft about the SEAT team tactics, which no one else had a problem with.

Spoonbender
11th June 2007, 14:07
Mmmmm Ted dosn't usually bother me. But this weekend, boy did he harp on about how "Lewis would have won Monaco if he'd been in front of Alonso at the finish" I personally feel that he had some big money on it somewhere. As Vic and Bob would have said "he wouldn't let it lie"

Spoonbender
11th June 2007, 16:37
After all my moaning about the lack of a press conference, I found a short clip on Sky News (probably wont be there for long)

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,30100-1269940,.html

Dave B
12th June 2007, 06:58
The aspect of ITV's coverage which annoyed me the most today came during the slowing-down lap when a team radio said that Kubica had broken his...

Then a commercial. I expected James Allen to tell us the moment they returned, but he blathered on about god-knows-what when some of us were concerned about Robert.

Broken his finger? His neck? What? It does make a difference.

I understand that Coronation Street is ITV1's big money-earner, but if it's so important then why not stick the post-race programme on ITV4 or wherever, and do a proper analysis?

We have to suffer an hour of mostly pointless drivel during the build-up, then afterwards they can't get away quickly enough. :rolleyes:

Oh, and somebody please explain the rules to Brundle. He was less than hopeless this week, I reckon he was still hung over.

V12
12th June 2007, 08:59
I do cringe when watching Mark Blundell in the build-up, which is a shame since I followed him and Brundle quite closely as drivers after they stuck their Ligiers on the second row of the grid at Magny-Cours in '93...I've noticed it in football as well, good sportsmen always seem to make crap pundits! :(

And note to James Allen....for the 19503534th bloody time...stop trying to be Murray Walker at the lights and/or flag, you'll probably gain more respect and credibility if you just act yourself!

Dave B
14th June 2007, 18:38
ITV's head of news and sport has responded on their website, and to be fair it seems they actually do listen. For example:

However, it is fair to say we were caught out by the length of the over-run, so I’m pleased to say that for this week’s Grand Prix we have made the necessary arrangements. If the race overruns and we aren’t able to screen interviews on ITV1, we will continue the show on ITV4.

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=General&PO_ID=39613

Spoonbender
15th June 2007, 00:05
The POWER of the forums and members break through.

Well done to all who voiced their oppinion, and well done to ITV for listening.

Now if we can just get rid of James Allen................only joking (not really)

Dave B
21st July 2007, 15:06
Fair play to ITV for extending their qualifying coverage today in light of Lewis' crash. I was fully expecting them to disappear off for Poirot at any moment.

:up:

Ranger
22nd July 2007, 03:20
Everytime I watch ITV's coverage I fail to see why they seem to be universally complained about. Allen is decent, Brundle is brilliant and the coverage seems to be damn good. :up:

F1MAN2007
22nd July 2007, 04:30
Of course because it was a british in british team they should extend the coverage.