PDA

View Full Version : Anybody there?

CarlMetro
29th November 2020, 16:09
Just checking in on here for the first time in.............erm.............quite some time and wondering if there's anybody here from the old days?

donKey jote
30th November 2020, 17:30
Yo Carlmetro! :wave:

airshifter
1st December 2020, 23:57
The old days. How old?

Does this mean we are all old?

I'm still here, I think. Let me get back to you on that one!

Jag_Warrior
3rd December 2020, 15:26
They say that you're only as old as you feel. In which case, I'm 107... will be 112 on my birthday.

How's it going, Carl?

milliemowry
18th December 2020, 11:27
Hi... My name is Millie Mowry and I joined this Forum today only...!! How many F1 fans out here???

Jag_Warrior
18th December 2020, 16:50
Hi... My name is Millie Mowry and I joined this Forum today only...!! How many F1 fans out here???

Welcome, fellow fan.

There's still quite a few of us who come here. The IndyCar and NASCAR fans have largely departed. But the rally fans (especially) and the F1 fans still frequent Mark's internet racing hangout.

It's a good honest place, with very little vitriol or meanness. Post your thoughts on the drivers, teams, series or whatever, and get to know the posters. It's a fun place. But we need more contributors to get us back closer to the old days. And if you encounter a spammer (easy warning sign is ANY name ending in "Rok"), PLEASE use the report button so that they'll be quickly banned. We're doing our best to eliminate that human trash and keep our sidewalks clean. :)

ShiftingGears
4th March 2021, 11:00
I have also logged in for the first time in about ten years haha. Good to still see some stragglers still here!

anfield5
24th December 2022, 17:44
I came back for the first time in 5 years a couple of weeks back. Should never let life get too busy to do the important stuff

Spud
25th December 2022, 01:08
Greetings All!! I'm an old member myself...I joined in the early 2000s I think....Welcome to the New Member!! I just wanted to wish Everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! Blessings to All!!

Used to be Starter
31st December 2022, 17:57
Here's to the old folks (like me) and the newbies as well. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and will have a fantastic New Year! Enjoy the champagne!!

gadjo_dilo
1st January 2023, 19:29
Starter......:eek:
Where have you been?

Used to be Starter
3rd January 2023, 22:17
A long story. First, for some reason I was locked out. I contacted Mark and he wasn't able to fix it. No idea as to what happened. I was busy with other stuff after that so didn't bother to re up as a different user - moved from Maryland to a new house near Richmond VA; had both knees replaced (it's fun going through security at the airport now); took trips to Patagonia, New Zealand and Switzerland as well as Colorado and California. I still follow F1 and, to a lesser extent, IndyCar and I'm still quite active in local racing. I got bored over the Christmas holidays so thought I'd look in here. A few of the older members still around and some new ones, but the board isn't nearly as active as it once was. How are things with you?

gadjo_dilo
4th January 2023, 17:14
Wow! A lot of exciting things happened to you. I noticed your absence and worried about you.
As for me, nothing special to report but I still exist. For a short period of time I watched even the F1 races. :laugh:

Used to be Starter
5th January 2023, 00:43
Wow! A lot of exciting things happened to you. I noticed your absence and worried about you.
As for me, nothing special to report but I still exist. For a short period of time I watched even the F1 races. :laugh:
It's nice to see some of the older members still around. Obviously Mark has kept the board up. Is Pino still here?

Steve Boyd
5th January 2023, 00:47
Is Pino still here?
Yes - and doing a great job swatting spammers!

pino
26th February 2023, 06:20
It's nice to see some of the older members still around. Obviously Mark has kept the board up. Is Pino still here?

Yes I am still here :D

Rollo
1st April 2023, 05:10
Hello? Is it meat you're looking for?

Jag_Warrior
1st April 2023, 14:50
had both knees replaced (it's fun going through security at the airport now)

I figure that I may get 4-5 more years out of my left knee before they take me to the body shop.

Glad to hear you’re a Virginian now. :smokin:

Used to be Starter
5th April 2023, 19:23
I figure that I may get 4-5 more years out of my left knee before they take me to the body shop.

Glad to hear you’re a Virginian now. :smokin:
So am I. Taxes are way lower.

donKey jote
12th May 2023, 16:30
Yay!!! Mark rulez :champion::ninja::bounce::wave:

Bezza
25th August 2023, 20:35
Er.... hello? 😁

jgcarvajal
26th October 2023, 02:35
I still follow F1 and, to a lesser extent, IndyCar and I'm still quite active in local racing. I got bored over the Christmas holidays so thought I'd look in here.

Jag_Warrior
2nd January 2024, 13:57
Happy New Year to all of the race loving guys and gals of Motorsports Forum. Hope to see/converse with you folks more in 2024! And thank you Mark for keeping this place open.

:cool: