PDA

View Full Version : Well done Takuma and SuperAguriF1

ioan
13th May 2007, 15:23
Good race by this little team and their little driver to beat a Renault! :up:

First point for each Constructors and Drivers Championship, people at Spyket must have had a heart attack! :D

PSfan
13th May 2007, 15:34
Yup, driver of the race even if only for the historical fact of getting SA's first point...

Now imagine if some teams protest McLeran's front wing and they are excluded... that's 6th place for Sato!!! :cheese:

Way to go Sato!!!

akv89
13th May 2007, 15:35
Indeed. Super Aguri have scored their first point, which means they now have one more point than Honda :p :

ioan
13th May 2007, 15:55
Yup, driver of the race even if only for the historical fact of getting SA's first point...

Agree!

[quote="PSfan"]Now imagine if some teams protest McLeran's front wing and they are excluded... that's 6th place for Sato!!! :cheese:

That would be nice, especially after Ron's explanation:

"The aeroelasticity has been exploited by other teams and is designed to reduce the drag, but what you are seeing is a degree of deflection coming from the load. It is a very small amount and it is very stiff.

"You would all feel comfortable if you went and put your hand on it and gave it a good push. No team has voiced any opinion and the FIA considers the whole thing well within the regulations."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58771

Now what's that aeroelasticity, Ron???
I also feel very comfortable on my bike, but not at +300 kmh!

jens
13th May 2007, 15:57
:hot: Magnificent result!

For most of the race Barrichello was ahead of Sato, but the Japanese was on heavier fuel load, which paid off in the end. I guess that at the Honda squad there will be a lot of thinking after this race... Retirements may have helped Super Aguri a bit this time, but the main Honda team couldn't benefit even from the unluck of rivals.

Sleeper
13th May 2007, 15:59
Fantastic drive from Sato, got the best from the car and Aguris first points, very nice.

Flat.tyres
13th May 2007, 16:20
when you look at what theyr doing with last years car, honda should stick their own boot up their collective arses. honda are a joke compares to SA

Refutation
13th May 2007, 17:27
Like I said awhile back in one of these threads "I can't wait to see what they do with this years Honda next year" :D

Fantastic Job Sato, I've always believed in you and Super Aguri.

They've made upgrades to this car, and considering what they did with the arrows last year they could probably get even more out of this car as the year goes on. Prediction: Sato will score a Podium on Merit at the USGP.

aryan
13th May 2007, 17:40
Congradulation to Super Aguri. For their first point. They are doing a fantastic job and are rapidly becomming my favourite backmarker! :D

Guys, having SA doing this is fantastic for the sport. It shows that even in this modern age of wind tunnels and aerodynamic gadgets, small teams with limited resources can jump in and compete with the rest. Remember that this the team didn't exist 1.5 years ago!

When SA was first announced, I admit that I was among the many people on this forum who dismissed it outright as a marketing fling from Honda to save face for ditching Sato. Well, time has proved us all wrong. Sato has become such a mature and reliable driver, and this team is doing wonders.

Again, all credit to SA guys, beating last year's champions and the main Honda works team should feel good!

VkmSpouge
13th May 2007, 18:04
Well done to Super Aguri, they have done really since coming into the sport with a pair of Arrows last year.

ClarkFan
13th May 2007, 18:12
Like I said awhile back in one of these threads "I can't wait to see what they do with this years Honda next year" :D

Super Aguri would be well advised to skip straight to using the RA108. I believe that current Honda plans call for converting the RA107 carbon chassis to pencil leads at the first opportunity. :s

ClarkFan

GridGirl
13th May 2007, 18:32
Don't get me wrong as I'M really happy that Sato and Super Aguri got a point, but I cant help feeling that no one is as happy for them as they would of been if it have been say Minardi.

stevie_gerrard
13th May 2007, 20:01
Great news for Super Aguri and Sato :D not so good news for Honda :p :

F1boat
13th May 2007, 20:01
Well done, Taku-san! :)

truefan72
14th May 2007, 00:26
well deserved congratulations!

gshevlin
14th May 2007, 00:35
I think that the only thing that would prevent HondaF1 from reverting to last year's car is that such an action would be a vote of no confidence in their current technical director, who replaced Geoff Willis last year. The current results show that the first car produced under his leadership is currently worse than an updated version of last year's car (designed when Willis was in charge).
If I was Jenson Button I would be phoning Nick Fry right now to demand that they get last year's car out of storage, and run a rapid aero update program on it. Either that, or build an entirely new car - and quick. (Although given the performance of the current "new" car under current leadership, that still might not be an improvement...)

Somebody
14th May 2007, 01:26
Yeah, congrats to Sato. Probably the first time he's been glad Honda dumped him :)

Congradulation to Super Aguri. For their first point. They are doing a fantastic job and are rapidly becomming my favourite backmarker! :D

Guys, having SA doing this is fantastic for the sport. It shows that even in this modern age of wind tunnels and aerodynamic gadgets, small teams with limited resources can jump in and compete with the rest. Remember that this the team didn't exist 1.5 years ago!

When SA was first announced, I admit that I was among the many people on this forum who dismissed it outright as a marketing fling from Honda to save face for ditching Sato. Well, time has proved us all wrong. Sato has become such a mature and reliable driver, and this team is doing wonders.

Again, all credit to SA guys, beating last year's champions and the main Honda works team should feel good!
I think that's overdoing it - it forgets/ignores that they're effectively running last year's Honda (which just shows up more and more what a dog this year's Honda is). If they were actually designing their own car, I doubt they would be doing so well right now.

Fair dos to them and all, but don't over-egg the pudding.

waitey
14th May 2007, 03:25
fantastic effort by Super Aguri and Sato. Does anyone else also think they can score more points this season?

Valve Bounce
14th May 2007, 03:40

Fantastic Job Sato, I've always believed in you and Super Aguri.

They've made upgrades to this car, and considering what they did with the arrows last year they could probably get even more out of this car as the year goes on. Prediction: Sato will score a Podium on Merit at the USGP.

The most important aspect of Tako's win was when he was half a second ahead of Fisi at Fisi's last pit stop, and the commentator on Formula1.com (LIVE) stated that Fisi would catch (or pass) Tako asap. Instead, the gap got wider and wider and Tako actually pulled away from the Renault.

I also note Tako's after race comments paying tribute to Honda Toshigi which is a separate R&D team from Team Honda. (God! I wish Eiji would come here to give us some inside info on this).

I was following Tako's lap times and he certainly wrung the neck of this car to gain those points. Who would begrudge this little guy Driver of the Race? He certainly has matured since Team Honda fired him. The resources that this team has at Leafield is miniscule compared with Team Honda, Williams, Renault and so on. Tako got his 1 point on merit!! :up:

cy bais
14th May 2007, 03:50
Well done to everyone at Super Aguri. :)

PSfan
14th May 2007, 04:38
The most important aspect of Tako's win was when he was half a second ahead of Fisi at Fisi's last pit stop, and the commentator on Formula1.com (LIVE) stated that Fisi would catch (or pass) Tako asap. Instead, the gap got wider and wider and Tako actually pulled away from the Renault.

Aspect of Tako's win? did I watch the wrong race again? :p :
just havin fun as usual...

I also note Tako's after race comments paying tribute to Honda Toshigi which is a separate R&D team from Team Honda. (God! I wish Eiji would come here to give us some inside info on this).

From my quick little research Honda Tochigi is probably where Honda R&D's road car relevant technologies... So prior to last years honda, I'm sure they played around with f1 cars before, and have a compentant crew of engineers and designers playing with the designs the Super Aguri uses.

I was following Tako's lap times and he certainly wrung the neck of this car to gain those points. Who would begrudge this little guy Driver of the Race? He certainly has matured since Team Honda fired him. The resources that this team has at Leafield is miniscule compared with Team Honda, Williams, Renault and so on. Tako got his 1 point on merit!! :up:

Gain those points? have they already excluded McLeran over flexy wings already... that was fast? :p :

But seriously, concidering Valve's opinions of Sato at the start of the season, I must say I'm very impressed with the amount of praise he has tossed at him... I was almost expecting him to be quiet on the subject...

Storm
14th May 2007, 08:30
Well done Taku...always exciting to watch!

Ranger
14th May 2007, 09:01
None of you are realising the true heroes in this.

Well done by Honda! :D

Spoonbender
14th May 2007, 10:25
Great work by all the team at Super Aguri and an excellent effort by Taku. A shame that ITV (the feed we receive in UK) made no effort to get any thoughts from him after the race.

Valve Bounce
14th May 2007, 11:59
Great work by all the team at Super Aguri and an excellent effort by Taku. A shame that ITV (the feed we receive in UK) made no effort to get any thoughts from him after the race.

Well his thoughts are recorded in pitpass: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=31431

wedge
14th May 2007, 13:48

*re-adjusts spectacles*

Valve Bounce praising Sato!

ClarkFan
14th May 2007, 15:28
Aspect of Tako's win? did I watch the wrong race again? :p :

Class win - first 2006 car to finish (ahead of Spyker and both STRs).

;)

ClarkFan

Allyc85
14th May 2007, 17:20
nicely driven Taku and a great job from everybody in the team :D

Valve Bounce
14th May 2007, 22:40
It is interesting that James Rossiter has now joined Super Aguri as their test driver.