PDA

View Full Version : 2021 ERC News and Rumors

Pages : [1] 2

Sulland
19th November 2020, 16:33
It is good to see that ERC is growing into a wider championship, and teams see this as seroes of strong competition. A good place to learn international rallies before moving up to WRC for young talent.

Alpine-110
20th November 2020, 16:23
ERC is perfect place for the Alpine R-GT.

Many hope for Alpine ERC 2 champion next year.
Maybe even a cup for that car also in Europe series as Abarth.

Mirek
20th November 2020, 16:40
ERC is perfect place for the Alpine R-GT.

No, only one event (Canarias) of eight is purely well-suited for Alpine with another one being possibly quite good one too (Rome), Barum is already quite GT-unfriendly even when it is asphalt and Hungary is even worse. The other four events are gravel ones.

Rally Power
20th November 2020, 18:23
Many hope for Alpine ERC 2 champion next year.
Maybe even a cup for that car also in Europe series as Abarth.

Is Alpine working on a gravel kit?

Btw, like Mirek mentioned, Canarias is the most suitable event for the A110; bit of a shame that there's no top crew using it in this year rally.

Sulland
28th November 2020, 18:04
ERC has grown in 2020, and has attracted more teams and drivers.

Hopefully the series will continue to be seen as a good platform to develop as a driver before going to the WRC series.

Who will we see in the different classes wanting to become European Champion?

tommeke_B
28th November 2020, 18:22
I think ERC will continue to grow. They're doing a great job providing far better return for less money than WRC2 and WRC3. If a top R5 driver arrives in an ERC event he's one of the stars, if the same driver arrives in a WRC event in WRC2/3, he's just a number in the second category.

I heard Grégoire Munster is going to do the whole championship. If he keeps improving as he has been doing this year, he could be in the fight for the title.

m-ast
28th November 2020, 18:25
From Spain, Alejandro Cachón should be in ERC3Junior as winner of spanish BkR2

Mirek
28th November 2020, 18:47
No, only one event (Canarias) of eight is purely well-suited for Alpine with another one being possibly quite good one too (Rome), Barum is already quite GT-unfriendly even when it is asphalt and Hungary is even worse. The other four events are gravel ones.

... and in the end even Canarias was terrible for R-GT.

RS
28th November 2020, 19:07
i think it was said that Bonato is planning an ERC season next year.

m-ast
28th November 2020, 22:14
https://www.motoradiario.com/rallyes/item/8319-marczyk-descalificado-para-el-erc-2021

When the press doesn't read the decision completely this happens, the sanction will be applied with suspension of sentence of not doing and infrigment next year, so no sanction at all.

pantealex
29th November 2020, 09:51
I think ERC will continue to grow. They're doing a great job providing far better return for less money than WRC2 and WRC3. If a top RC2 driver arrives in an ERC event he's one of the stars, if the same driver arrives in a WRC event in WRC2/3, he's just a number in the second category.

All true!

Problem is: If driver wants to be World Champion he/she just must drive WRC events. Experience is needed before you can fight with "Big Boys" WRC/Rally1 cars.

tommeke_B
29th November 2020, 09:58
Also true. However I think it's less important than 10 or 15 years ago, when onboard videos were not (much) available and drivers took a different approach. Now the videos are all available for everyone and the current generation of drivers knows very well how to work with them.

Sulland
29th November 2020, 14:10
Ola Jr Nore won the title "Carsport talent of the year" yesterday, from the norwegian ASN.
He there on videolink interview said the plan for 21 was to do full season in a Rally4 car.

Guessing he continues in the new Rally4 Clio.

pantealex
29th November 2020, 15:36
Ola Jr Nore won the title "Carsport talent of the year" yesterday, from the norwegian ASN.
He there on videolink interview said the plan for 21 was to do full season in a Rally4 car.

Guessing he continues in the new Rally4 Clio.

Is Clio Rally4 available when season starts ?

pantealex
29th November 2020, 15:41
Also I have to say:

ERC2 is complete joke, every single event ERC3 drivers were faster than ERC2 drivers.

Rally4/R2 is not faster rally car than Mitsu/Subaru, especially in gravel.

TheFlyingTuga
29th November 2020, 15:52
Also I have to say:

ERC2 is complete joke, every single event ERC3 drivers were faster than ERC2 drivers.

Rally4/R2 is not faster rally car than Mitsu/Subaru, especially in gravel.

It will probably be revitalised when the new Rally3 cars arrive. Maybe the juniors could start racing in there

Jarek Z
29th November 2020, 19:35
Who will we see in the different classes wanting to become European Champion?

I don't know if he will want to become European Champion, but according to this article Solberg won €100,000 and we should see him in at least two events in 2021:
https://www.fiaerc.com/munster-fights-hard-but-erc1-junior-honours-go-to-solberg/

Also Ken Torn should get some prize for winning ERC3, but I'm not sure what it is.

Sulland
29th November 2020, 22:14
Is Clio Rally4 available when season starts ?

Dont know, but first rally in mid March, they could homologate 1st March. Not sure where that project is at the moment.
Not sure if it is Renault, could be a PSA car. He drove a Opel Adam R2 this year, and Opel is also coming into Rally4.

RS
29th November 2020, 23:03
I don't know if he will want to become European Champion, but according to this article Solberg won €100,000 and we should see him in at least two events in 2021:
https://www.fiaerc.com/munster-fights-hard-but-erc1-junior-honours-go-to-solberg/

Also Ken Torn should get some prize for winning ERC3, but I'm not sure what it is.

Torn’s prize is two events in a Motorsport Italia Fabia R5. For Solberg the choice of team/car is free.

dimviii
30th November 2020, 12:13
You’ve mentioned the tough competition from drivers like Grégoire Munster but what’s your opinion of Alexey Lukyanuk, the driver who beat you to the overall title?
“He’s Colin McRae number two! I always look at his videos and I really admire his speed, his attack and his passion. I love racing against him but it’s not easy because he’s always fast wherever he goes. He’s always crazy and fast.”

What does the future hold for you?
“The ERC is definitely part of the career plan. It’s a fantastic championship with a lot of Tarmac that I need. It’s fantastic for the build-up of my career with a lot of fantastic races. I don’t know what will happen yet but it’s not long until the New Year so we have to get ready.”

https://www.fiaerc.com/erc1-junior-champion-qa-oliver-solberg/

YerayEcoBoost
1st December 2020, 13:57
Iván Ares: "We have added two podiums in two participations, ending the season in fourth place overall, which fills us with optimism to try to carry out a European project in which I believe we can fight for good results for our brand, Hyundai"

https://www.motoradiario.com/rallyes/item/8323-segundo-podio-europeo-para-el-equipo-ares-racing

TheFlyingTuga
2nd December 2020, 14:19
https://www.motoradiario.com/rallyes/item/8327-los-bicampeones-piden-paso#.X8eUukdWGBs.facebook

It's in spanish, but it seems that Pepe Lopez and Borja Rosada are set to compete in ERC 2021 with their C3 R5 and Sports&You.

Sulland
2nd December 2020, 15:32
It will probably be revitalised when the new Rally3 cars arrive. Maybe the juniors could start racing in there

If not exclusivly, you for sure need a junior Rally4 category.
But if ERC makes ERC2 for Rally3 and N4/R4/R4 kit they need a junior category. And they need to keep ERC3 a junior class. For rally4 and 5.

then they can keep ERC1 for the grown ups.

Fast Eddie WRC
10th December 2020, 18:19
A guy with strong links to MRF said this week he's heard that Craig Breen will continue to compete with a program on top of his p/time 2021 WRC role.

Sounds like another ERC season for MRF.

(Although today Breen himself was talking after testing the new i20 about driving it in the hills back home. So maybe he could do the Irish TRC.)

Mirek
10th December 2020, 18:23
I'm quite sure the MRF project will continue. It makes no sense to stop it after one year which wasn't bad after all.

pantealex
11th December 2020, 21:22
I'm quite sure the MRF project will continue. It makes no sense to stop it after one year which wasn't bad after all.

Emil Lindholm is expecting that he "works" for MRF 2021, most probably ERC level.

Sulland
15th December 2020, 16:23
When can we expect the 2021 rules and regulations for ERC, first and foremost carclasses, and ERC2 regs.

PLuto
15th December 2020, 18:41
When can we expect the 2021 rules and regulations for ERC, first and foremost carclasses, and ERC2 regs.

I hope very soon. It should be during this week, when it will be approved by FIA on WMSC.

Andre Oliveira
16th December 2020, 23:25
ERC Junior 2021

Fafe NO
Azores NO
Canary Islands YES
Poland YES
Liepaja YES
Roma YES
Barum YES
Hungary YES

Andre Oliveira
16th December 2020, 23:27
In the European Rally Championship, the ERC Junior class will be reserved for drivers entered with Rally3 cars, with the objective to reduce season costs and create a more accessible pathway for young drivers coming from two-wheel drive categories. In order to ease this pathway, the FIA ERC promoter will offer attractive prizes for both the ERC3 and ERC Junior Champions.

m-ast
16th December 2020, 23:36
In the European Rally Championship, the ERC Junior class will be reserved for drivers entered with Rally3 cars, with the objective to reduce season costs and create a more accessible pathway for young drivers coming from two-wheel drive categories. In order to ease this pathway, the FIA ERC promoter will offer attractive prizes for both the ERC3 and ERC Junior Champions.

I think it's too early to this move, and for me unexpected, we probably will only have one Rally3 car homologated for this season (Ford) and it can be more a one-make cup

Andre Oliveira
17th December 2020, 01:11
So,

ERC -> Rally2
ERC 2 -> RGT, Rally2-Kit and RC2N
ERC 3 -> Rally4
ERC Junior -> Rally3

???

Andre Oliveira
17th December 2020, 01:13
I think it's too early to this move, and for me unexpected, we probably will only have one Rally3 car homologated for this season (Ford) and it can be more a one-make cup

In other hand... is a boost to category. JWRC 2022 with all Ford ok, but on ERC J scene (if not M-Sport deal) could claim some more manufacter (Renault, Peugeot, Opel, Toyota).

PLuto
17th December 2020, 02:40
https://www.fiaerc.com/excitement-builds-ass-2021-erc-changes-gets-fia-world-motor-sport-council-approval/

the sniper
17th December 2020, 02:49
What was the minimum stage distance before? Personally I wish the minimum was 200km, but it is what it is. Nice calendar though. Fafe makes more sense now with the event grouping concept.

Sulland
17th December 2020, 07:46
So,

ERC -> Rally2
ERC 2 -> RGT, Rally2-Kit and RC2N
ERC 3 -> Rally4
ERC Junior -> Rally3

???

I think the introduction of Rally3 in the way was flexible for all parties.
Both for them that had planned to driver, GrN, Kit or RGT cars, they can still do that in 21.
Those that wanted to test the Rally3 cars, can do that, as long as they are under 28 years of age.

And from 2022 ERC2 will be Rally3 only, and by that time we will have more brands to choose from.

I am guessing that the 100 k bonus will go to the Junior class winner using a Rally3 car?

Mirek
17th December 2020, 10:41
I don't like the move of the ERC1-J to Rally3 cars. Mainly for the rule of not repairing what isn't broken. The championship was great with Rally2 cars and there was no need for the change. At least it could have been announced one year beforehand for 2022. For 2021 a decrease in quality is unavoidable in my opinion.

Andre Oliveira
17th December 2020, 11:34
https://www.fiaerc.com/excitement-builds-ass-2021-erc-changes-gets-fia-world-motor-sport-council-approval/

When we will know the ERC Junior structure?

Co-driven
17th December 2020, 12:56
I don't like the move of the ERC1-J to Rally3 cars. Mainly for the rule of not repairing what isn't broken. The championship was great with Rally2 cars and there was no need for the change. At least it could have been announced one year beforehand for 2022. For 2021 a decrease in quality is unavoidable in my opinion.

Completely agree with that, specially for 2021 that most probably only one brand will be available.

I imagine that some drivers, like Munster and Llarena, that could still compete in the Junior won't be able to do it, as they have some kind of support from other brands.

Sulland
17th December 2020, 13:02
Is it normal that ERC and FIA is so late giving out tech regs?
Now we are a few days away from 2021, and many have planned the coming season.
Or is this timing Coroana related?

But again we are 3 months away from the first rally, so should be time to replan for most teams and crews.

PLuto
17th December 2020, 13:51
What was the minimum stage distance before? Personally I wish the minimum was 200km, but it is what it is. Nice calendar though. Fafe makes more sense now with the event grouping concept.

200-230 km was for last few years

PLuto
17th December 2020, 13:53
When we will know the ERC Junior structure?

Basic structure is clear:

ERC Junior = Rally3 cars
ERC3 Junior = Rally4 and Rally5 cars

It was planned to publish today an article describing whole structure of juniors including prizes, but it looks like it will be published little bit later.

Jarek Z
17th December 2020, 14:52

Completely agree with that, specially for 2021 that most probably only one brand will be available.

I imagine that some drivers, like Munster and Llarena, that could still compete in the Junior won't be able to do it, as they have some kind of support from other brands.

Yes. ERC1-Junior is likely to lose its importance with this move. Can you imagine Solberg or Muster driving a Rally3 car now? Would it make any sense for them?

Andre Oliveira
17th December 2020, 14:58
What is the sense of have Junior with same car of overall winners? For me is great move and boost the Rally3 category.

Mirek
17th December 2020, 16:33
What is the sense of have Junior with same car of overall winners?

It worked very good and when something works very good it obviously has a good point.

For me is great move and boost the Rally3 category.

The reason for championship existence is not to boost any car category. It's exactly opposite. The cars exist to boost the championships. This change certainly doesn't boost the ERC1-J 2021 in any way.

Maybe it's good to change from 2022 but not now. It's done on short notice in a situation when not a single Rally3 car is homologated, when the teams already work on the next year and sudden need to change to a new machinery of dubious availability/servicability is certainly a complication.

Nowhere it's written that the car will be homologated as planned because until it is actually homologated everything can happen. Nowhere it is written that everything connected with the car will go smooth right out of the box. Not that chronic lack of spares etc. would not often come along with the introduction of new cars. Next point being that it looks like only M-Sport car will be actually ready for the season (if even that one will). What can the teams cooperating with other brands do? They can only leave the championship. If that is a good thing I leave to your evaluation.

Last point but not the least important. Why should drivers who already mastered Rally2 cars switch back to Rally3? I doubt any reasonable number of drivers will do that. It means these very good young drivers will simply leave the championship. Do you think it's good? I don't.

Sulland
17th December 2020, 19:16
But on the other hand, if FIA decides to make a new car class, you also have to have some title to boost sale, same as with R5, to kickstart sales.
Many did not want to swap S2000 for R5, but now 1000 are sold, and class is a big success. Much because of a good joker system.

If run as planned, I think Rally3 will find its place in the pyramid.

If we would test a DS3 R5 vs a Fiesta Rally3 how far back will the newcomer be?
I am guessing the roadholding with newer suspension will help the Fiesta, especially on gravel.

TheFlyingTuga
17th December 2020, 19:56
I am guessing the roadholding with newer suspension will help the Fiesta, especially on gravel.

I don't think they will the so far back if not faster. In tarmac it is start to getting difficult to maintain the faster Rally4 behind

Mirek
17th December 2020, 21:18
I don't think they will the so far back if not faster. In tarmac it is start to getting difficult to maintain the faster Rally4 behind

They will be between Rally4 and Rally2 on gravel but they will likely struggle to be faster than Rally4 on asphalt. No, even old R5 will be reasonably faster when properly prepared and driven by the same person. Miracles don't happen.

wyler
17th December 2020, 21:29
Last point but not the least important. Why should drivers who already mastered Rally2 cars switch back to Rally3? I doubt any reasonable number of drivers will do that. It means these very good young drivers will simply leave the championship. Do you think it's good? I don't.

why they should go for the junior championship then? if they mastered rc2 they can go for main title.

Andre Oliveira
17th December 2020, 21:38
Rally3 is cheaper? ;)

pantealex
17th December 2020, 21:39
But on the other hand, if FIA decides to make a new car class, you also have to have some title to boost sale, same as with R5, to kickstart sales.
Many did not want to swap S2000 for R5, but now 1000 are sold, and class is a big success. Much because of a good joker system.

If run as planned, I think Rally3 will find its place in the pyramid.

R5 didn´t have own Championship title in 1st year...

I also think 2022 would have been right time start own Championship for Rally3.
We just don´t have enough entries for 2021, just look ERC2 results, was it good championship with big entries? NO. Exatly same will happen with ERCJ 2021, no rally with 10 entries.

Mirek
17th December 2020, 21:40
why they should go for the junior championship then? if they mastered rc2 they can go for main title.

But that is exactly what they have been doing in ERC. I don't know if you have followed it but the young Rally2 drivers have been competing for both titles. It was a win-win scenario which is now gone.

Rally3 is cheaper? ;)

It's not cheaper if you already have Rally2 car and need a new one.

pantealex
17th December 2020, 21:42

ERCJ has prize money, main title is just title. (Ingram did win title, did 0 rallies with 4WD this year)

Mirek
17th December 2020, 22:08
The main problem in incorporating the Rally3 cars is that they are slower than Rally2 but are intended for the same championship. Everytime a championships goes from faster to slower vehicles it's very problematic hence why it happens very rarely. When S2000 came they were faster than Gr.N (at least on asphalt at the beginning). When R5 came they were faster than S2000 (ar at least similar at the beginning). When Rally4 came they were faster than R2. In all cases switching to them was no big issue. The new cars were simply better and teams switched to them naturally. Now it's different. The change of cars in the very same championship to slower ones mean that all the faster cars which the involved teams already have are useless. In essence it's not much different to fifteen years ago when many national championships banned WRC cars which was a step which is very controversial till this very day.

wyler
17th December 2020, 23:02
But that is exactly what they have been doing in ERC. I don't know if you have followed it but the young Rally2 drivers have been competing for both titles. It was a win-win scenario which is now gone.

I know. and that's exactly why you don't need a double. better leave junior to juniors, driver coming up with little experience to 4wd and finding cheaper car than rally 2. if they master rally 2 and can pay for it, they're not really junior (maybe just for their age, but...). if junior can compete for main title there's no point to award them another title (and prize). same way if they cannot compete for main title there's no point to award them a price. i think it's better use a junior championship to develop rising driver. if they can get already a rally2 program they don't need it...

It's not cheaper if you already have Rally2 car and need a new one.
they don't need a new car as much they don't need a junior championship, they can just naturally go on with the main title id they have a rally2 program.

wyler
17th December 2020, 23:04
ERCJ has prize money, main title is just title. (Ingram did win title, did 0 rallies with 4WD this year)

yep. i would prefer more to give a price to a rising junior coming from rally3 to step to rally 2 than using a rally2 price to fund another junior rally2...

wyler
17th December 2020, 23:06
The main problem in incorporating the Rally3 cars is that they are slower than Rally2 but are intended for the same championship. Everytime a championships goes from faster to slower vehicles it's very problematic hence why it happens very rarely. When S2000 came they were faster than Gr.N (at least on asphalt at the beginning). When R5 came they were faster than S2000 (ar at least similar at the beginning). When Rally4 came they were faster than R2. In all cases switching to them was no big issue. The new cars were simply better and teams switched to them naturally. Now it's different. The change of cars in the very same championship to slower ones mean that all the faster cars which the involved teams already have are useless. In essence it's not much different to fifteen years ago when many national championships banned WRC cars which was a step which is very controversial till this very day.

guess rally3 will go as erc2, not with rally2...

Mirek
17th December 2020, 23:13
I know. and that's exactly why you don't need a double. better leave junior to juniors, driver coming up with little experience to 4wd and finding cheaper car than rally 2. if they master rally 2 and can pay for it, they're not really junior (maybe just for their age, but...). if junior can compete for main title there's no point to award them another title (and prize). same way if they cannot compete for main title there's no point to award them a price. i think it's better use a junior championship to develop rising driver. if they can get already a rally2 program they don't need it...

they don't need a new car as much they don't need a junior championship, they can just naturally go on with the main title id they have a rally2 program.

You completely ignore the reality that there are young developing drivers with Rally2 cars heavily and happily involved in ERC. What you suggest is to throw them all under the bus for the sake of attracting some new drivers with some new cars. In other words you tell them to fuck off. That's not a way how to manage a championship if you ask me.

guess rally3 will go as erc2, not with rally2...

Regardless of that the reality is that Rally3 is forced to former ERC-1J drivers since 2021.

wyler
17th December 2020, 23:47
You completely ignore the reality that there are young developing drivers with Rally2 cars heavily and happily involved in ERC. What you suggest is to throw them all under the bus for the sake of attracting some new drivers with some new cars. In other words you tell them to fuck off. That's not a way how to manage a championship if you ask me.

not at all. it's quite the opposite. i just think a driver that can afford a rally2 championship has finished the developing ladder and can do the main championship. for me, throwing drivers under the bus is considering drivers in rally2 as a junior...sometimes they're already factory drivers, can't really be juniors. if they aren't, they stays there for the easy money (don't need to beat the big) and then...nothing. just like ingram. pretty much under the bus after winning rally2 junior title. maybe spending half the money for a junior championship could ensure some program later on.
the sake of the jumior championship should be having couple more rally2 a year? not for me.

a good way to manage a championship should be helping drivers to develop a stable career. didn't worked out with 2019 champ. would have worked with 2020 one if his name wasn't solberg? ( I mean he surely deserved it, but he didn't need a junior regional program to boost his career)

[QUOTE=Mirek;1259811

Regardless of that the reality is that Rally3 is forced to former ERC-1J drivers since 2021.[/QUOTE]

key word is former. you assume a former junior has to do junior again. i think a rally2 driver will do rally2 program, regardless of the new junior title. if not he will happily step down because he need it, technically or economically.

Mirek
18th December 2020, 01:53
The problem is that it never works like you would like it to work. Majority of the competitors stay in the championship till their age allows. That's how it always has been. This is a list of all ERC1-J 2020 competitors.

Munster, Solberg, Llarena, Cais, Marczyk, Dinkel, Devine, Lindholm, Tempestini, Batistolli, Kreim

Tell me which one will stay and switch to Rally3 car? IMHO probably noone. So what will be left of a very competitive championship? A ruin which has to start from zero. Is that worth of making Malcolm Wilson happy?

Anyway time will tell.

Sulland
18th December 2020, 05:26
If you are a young driver, that has only driven inside your own country, and won most rallies in your class. Probably in a 2wd car.
Next year you would lile to try an international series. you are sitting down with parents or your team to plan for next season.

What is there to choose from:
Erc 3 jr, 2 wd
Erc 2 jr, 4 wd
Erc 1
Jwrc
Wrc 2/3

If this young driver would like to swap to 4wd, and you are going rent a seat in a good team.
The pricetag for a seat in a rally2 and a rally3 car should be very different, thinking of the teams cost of buying and maintaining the two cars.

For many youngsters that difference could be the same as yes or no to an international carreer in rally. Thats why rally3 has its place in the pyramidn. And it is all about budget, and what you are able to get sponsors to help you with.

wyler
18th December 2020, 10:00
The problem is that it never works like you would like it to work. Majority of the competitors stay in the championship till their age allows. That's how it always has been. This is a list of all ERC1-J 2020 competitors.

Munster, Solberg, Llarena, Cais, Marczyk, Dinkel, Devine, Lindholm, Tempestini, Batistolli, Kreim

Tell me which one will stay and switch to Rally3 car? IMHO probably noone. So what will be left of a very competitive championship? A ruin which has to start from zero. Is that worth of making Malcolm Wilson happy?

Anyway time will tell.

exactly. very few of them are progressing. they're exploiting it looking for money. when out of age, some stops completely, some just go on like before (tempestini, kreim, lindholm, battistolli, munster, solberg, devine would find a program anyway, and not related with participating in this championship). is this a good thing? Sure from promoter side is good. a money prize to have some more top car. From drivers or general sport not so much for me. I like the new direction more, should bring more driver and more talent to international scenery, helping those with less money to invest. That's good for me.
You said it. no-one of this people will do a junior again unless for the money prize. Most of them already had international program, most of them will do main championship anyway. I don't think Wilson is related in much way. anyone can make rally3 car. it's from FIA, not an m-sport invention...they're working on reducing entry cost and favor numbers, it's good that promoter reacts accordingly.
you're right, time will tell, hope for good! : )

Mirek
18th December 2020, 11:14
Well, I'm quite sure that the reason why this change is scheduled already for 2021 instead of more logical 2022 is to help to keep M-Sport involved in WRC (btw. I agree with a change in 2022, don't get me wrong). It can not be explained in other way when the competitors are forced to use M-Sport car in 2021.

Andre Oliveira
18th December 2020, 11:22
We still don't know the prize ;)

Andre Oliveira
18th December 2020, 11:29
Fabian Kreim

Finally there is something to report!
Today the programs of all Pole Promotion drivers were announced.

Besides those of the circuit cracks René Rast, Sheldon van der Linde, Kelvin van der Linde and Nicki Thiim also ours.

Frank and I will attack in the ERC and try to get as far ahead as possible. Due to the decisions in the VW Group, it is not yet clear whether we can contest the program with the VW Polo R5. But that is definitely our goal and the signs are good!

You will get more information about the program in the coming weeks and months!

wyler
18th December 2020, 13:02
Well, I'm quite sure that the reason why this change is scheduled already for 2021 instead of more logical 2022 is to help to keep M-Sport involved in WRC (btw. I agree with a change in 2022, don't get me wrong). It can not be explained in other way when the competitors are forced to use M-Sport car in 2021.

can definitely be and sure is at least a part, but for me main reason is trying to convince other manu to commit to rally 3 and not repeatthe bad result of r4 kit, giving them a concrete horizon on why build a rally3 car. r5 was initially more or less the same scheme. everyone but m-sport waited to see if the investment was worth.

Andre Oliveira
18th December 2020, 15:50
M-Sport paves the way from Europe to the world!

3 x Fiesta Rally3 drives for ‘21 ERC3J Champ.
6 x Fiesta Rally3 drives if they win in a Fiesta Rally4.

For the 2021 @FIAERC Junior Champion?

A FULLY FUNDED year in the 2022 @FIAJuniorWRC Championship

https://www.m-sport.co.uk/single-post/m-sport-paves-the-way-from-europe-to-the-world-stage

Andre Oliveira
18th December 2020, 16:04
https://www.fiaerc.com/next-generation-rally3-cars-for-fia-erc-junior-champion-gets-fia-junior-wrc-prize-drive/

Incentive planned for young drivers in Rally2 cars
Drivers under the age of 28 on January 1, 2021, planning to contest the 2021 FIA European Rally Championship in a Rally2 car will be eligible for a package of incentives designed to lower their own financial outlay and increase exposure. Full details will be announced in due course.

pantealex
18th December 2020, 17:06
M-Sport paves the way from Europe to the world!

For the 2021 @FIAERC Junior Champion?

A FULLY FUNDED year in the 2022 @FIAJuniorWRC Championship

https://www.m-sport.co.uk/single-post/m-sport-paves-the-way-from-europe-to-the-world-stage

so that must mean that 2022 JWRC car is Fiesta Rally3 otherwise ERCJ champion is going from 4wd back to 2wd.

Andre Oliveira
18th December 2020, 17:52
After see the prizes i reinforce my opinion. Great move by all, FIA, ERC and M-Sport.

Sulland
19th December 2020, 12:27
Maybe Huttunen will try to win ERC for Hyundai, and fill with some WRC runs in wrc and wrc2/3?

dimviii
19th December 2020, 12:57
Huttunen with Luky would be perfect!

Jarek Z
19th December 2020, 16:38
This is a list of all ERC1-J 2020 competitors.

You are right. Maybe someone read your words, because it seems that those drivers are going to get some kind of a "compensation" from Eurosport Events:
https://www.fiaerc.com/incentive-planned-for-young-erc-drivers-in-rally2-cars/

Andre Oliveira
19th December 2020, 21:46
Same news of first arcticle. Thet splited the infos. Soon we get more info about that compensation.

dimviii
19th December 2020, 21:52
any news about Luky?

Andre Oliveira
20th December 2020, 16:01
FIA Regional Rally Championships Regs

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/2021_rrsr_fr-en_2020-12-17.pdf

Fast Eddie WRC
21st December 2020, 13:31
can definitely be and sure is at least a part, but for me main reason is trying to convince other manu to commit to rally 3 and not repeatthe bad result of r4 kit, giving them a concrete horizon on why build a rally3 car. r5 was initially more or less the same scheme. everyone but m-sport waited to see if the investment was worth.

This sounds spot-on.

The FIA want a full 'ladder' and M-Sport have been the first to commit and create a Rally 3, thus they deserve the reward. Other Manus are also going to be encouraged to join in.

The next-gen of young driver's will also go this route. This is a future long-term plan. The current Rally2 guys are not the target.

Luis Pacheco
22nd December 2020, 12:23
Azores could be postponed.

" The uncertainty regarding the evolution of the pandemic depends on the holding of the Azores Rally next year, scheduled for the 25th, 26th and 27th of March.
Without public there is no Rallye.
Who says it is Rui Moniz, president of Grupo Desportivo Comercial.
If that cannot happen, the 2021 race will be canceled or postponed, just as it was this year.
Rui Moniz understands that there are conditions for this to happen, in conjunction with health authorities.
The defense of the president of Desportivo Comercial, after having met with the President of the Government. "

(Antena 1 Açores newspaper from 18h on the 21st of December 2020)

PLuto
22nd December 2020, 12:50
Azores could be postponed.

" The uncertainty regarding the evolution of the pandemic depends on the holding of the Azores Rally next year, scheduled for the 25th, 26th and 27th of March.
Without public there is no Rallye.
Who says it is Rui Moniz, president of Grupo Desportivo Comercial.
If that cannot happen, the 2021 race will be canceled or postponed, just as it was this year.
Rui Moniz understands that there are conditions for this to happen, in conjunction with health authorities.
The defense of the president of Desportivo Comercial, after having met with the President of the Government. "

(Antena 1 Açores newspaper from 18h on the 21st of December 2020)

I think this is no surprise. All events could be postponed. Or cancelled. In ERC, in WRC, in national championships... Nobody knows, what will happen next week, so difficult to predict, what will happen in 3-4 months. Lets wait how will the situation evolve.

Andre Oliveira
22nd December 2020, 15:10
Azores doesn’t looking good. It seems that it is out of national championship calendar.

Tom K
23rd December 2020, 10:06
Ech... So it is certainly not looking good :( Trying to be back on that event since 2016. I was on the island during September slot this year...:rolleyes:

Andre Oliveira
27th December 2020, 11:15
It's time for GOOD NEWS: ANDREAS MIKKELSEN is driving for TokSport WRT in ERC 2021!

Andreas is confident and aims to make the Skoda Fabia Rally2 the "FASTEST RALLY2 car" for the 2021 season in both ERC and WRC2
Right-pointing double triangle

Best of Luck to @amikkelsenrally

#ERC #WRC2 #Rally2 #ERC2021

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EqPR6XJXEAE3ukA?format=jpg&name=small

dimviii
27th December 2020, 11:49
his aim is to dominate every rally he participates at erc/wrc
https://youtu.be/r8bplX6gKME

Mirek
27th December 2020, 13:59
Finally a proper opposition for Lukyanuk :p Looking forward!

Sulland
27th December 2020, 16:27
Do you have info on that Luky will do ERC also in 21?
No funding for him to try out WRC2?

RS
27th December 2020, 16:29
Finally a proper opposition for Lukyanuk :p Looking forward!

Now Luky will have to fight for wins instead of cruising with the title in mind. I think he will like this challenge :)

Great news for ERC!

Jarek Z
27th December 2020, 17:18
Great news indeed. Good luck to Mikkelsen! If I see it correctly, a Norwegian driver has never won European Championship so far:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Rally_Championship#Champions

Fast Eddie WRC
27th December 2020, 17:34
Sounds like he'll be getting support from Škoda the way he's talking...

"Andreas is confident and aims to make the Skoda Fabia Rally2 the "FASTEST RALLY2 car" for the 2021 season in both ERC and WRC2."

Franky
28th December 2020, 05:28
Now Luky will have to fight for wins instead of cruising with the title in mind. I think he will like this challenge :)

Great news for ERC!

Think bigger question is how much the budget will like the increased risk

TWRC
28th December 2020, 07:35
Sounds like he'll be getting support from Škoda the way he's talking...

"Andreas is confident and aims to make the Skoda Fabia Rally2 the "FASTEST RALLY2 car" for the 2021 season in both ERC and WRC2."

He's developing their new R5, so I think it will very be a semi-works program.

Fast Eddie WRC
28th December 2020, 12:59
I see on Mikkelsen's YT he is drinking a Red Bull. I know he is one of their athletes but maybe they are giving him even more support and his car livery could have them as sponsors ?

Reis Eduardo
28th December 2020, 14:30
Azores doesn’t looking good. It seems that it is out of national championship calendar.

The ERC 2020 Rally Fafe Montelongo does not belong to the National Championship, and then what is the problem?
90% of national drivers are not an asset for Azores Rally

Andre Oliveira
8th January 2021, 11:10
@kentorn ���� will contest all 6️⃣ rounds of the 2021 @fiaerc Junior Championship �� as his prize �� package for winning �� the 2020 ERC3 Junior Championship in a Fiesta Rally4.
#MSPORTERS #Rally4ward #FIAERC

Jarek Z
8th January 2021, 11:28
Yes, Ken Torn confirms his participation in six ERC rallies in Ford Fiesta Rally3. He was entitled to two ERC rounds in a Rally2 car as his prize for winning the ERC3 Junior Championship, but he decided to drive six rallies in Ford Fiesta Rally3 instead:
https://www.fiaerc.com/stepping-up-in-style-torn-graduates-to-rally3-based-fia-erc-junior-in-all-new-pirelli-equipped-m-sport-fiesta/

Jarek Z
8th January 2021, 11:40
Someone called Fau Zaldivar in two 2 ERC rallies with Toksport's Skoda Fabia Rally2:
https://scontent.fopo3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/136340555_4154926427870086_3843189922916111355_o.j pg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ca434c&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=aQh0swJTmpYAX8kmV_b&_nc_ht=scontent.fopo3-1.fna&tp=14&oh=62bcb1a3136b396d2941d8859b2c774f&oe=601B29FD

Sulland
8th January 2021, 12:28
Yes, Ken Torn confirms his participation in six ERC rallies in Ford Fiesta Rally3. He was entitled to two ERC rounds in a Rally2 car as his prize for winning the ERC3 Junior Championship, but he decided to drive six rallies in Ford Fiesta Rally3 instead:
https://www.fiaerc.com/stepping-up-in-style-torn-graduates-to-rally3-based-fia-erc-junior-in-all-new-pirelli-equipped-m-sport-fiesta/

Did he get a very special offer, or can drivers use the numbers for planning, that 2x Rally2 rounds is comparable with 6 rounds in a Rally3 in ERC?

Co-driven
8th January 2021, 12:42
I think all sides are quite flexible... for example, in 2020 Llarena was supposed to do two events with Skoda and Motorsport Italia but in the end he could get some kind of agreement and was able to "convert" that prize into his outings with Citroen and Sports&You.

I'd say that in Torn's case is more or less the same...I just couldn't understand if M-Sport Poland will run his car or not.

Steve Boyd
9th January 2021, 01:00
I'd say that in Torn's case is more or less the same...I just couldn't understand if M-Sport Poland will run his car or not.
It might be in MSport's interest to stretch Torn's budget and give some support themselves so the new car is seen on as many rounds as possible.

katxal
12th January 2021, 14:37
Iván Ares former Spanish Rally Champ to start in ERC with Hyundai I20 R5

https://www.laregion.es/articulo/mas-motor/ivan-ares-iniciara-proyecto-2021-europeo-rallys/20210112161845998470.html

katxal
12th January 2021, 14:38
Luis Vilariño will be present at Rali Serras de Fafe with his Skoda Fabia R5, he wil try to continue in ERC in Canary Islands and next events.

dimviii
12th January 2021, 16:06
Iván Ares former Spanish Rally Champ to start in ERC with Hyundai I20 R5

https://www.laregion.es/articulo/mas-motor/ivan-ares-iniciara-proyecto-2021-europeo-rallys/20210112161845998470.html

is he good on gravel?

Tom K
12th January 2021, 16:50
Hard to say. He told that he "starts from zero".

Tom206wrc
12th January 2021, 21:24
So will Efren Llarena switch to Skoda in ERC21 :confused:

Co-driven
13th January 2021, 11:39
So will Efren Llarena switch to Skoda in ERC21 :confused:

What I know is that one of his sponsors bought one Skoda and Llarena was testing with him during the weekend and helping with setting the car and with the driving.

Rally Power
13th January 2021, 16:07
Hard to say. He told that he "starts from zero".

Ares has no rally gravel experience but he was a KartCross champ before becoming a rally driver and he still competes in KC now and then.

Andre Oliveira
16th January 2021, 12:29
According Fafe TV, Rallye Serras de Fafe e Felgueiras was postponed.

Tom K
16th January 2021, 12:52
Here we go again... :(

dimviii
18th January 2021, 16:27
any news about Luky?

Jarek Z
19th January 2021, 17:17
Have you heard that Suzuki Motosport Iberica are going to compete in ERC 2021? Their cars will be two Suzuki Swift R4LLY S for Javier Pardo and Joan Vinyes. If I understand it correctly they are R4 cars (not Rally4!), so they should be eligible for ERC2 category. Do they have any chance? In Rally Islas Canarias they were faster than all ERC2 cars, so...
https://www.ewrc-results.com/final/61089-rally-islas-canarias-2020/

source:
https://www.powerstage.es/suzuki-motorsport-presente-en-el-erc2/

Sulland
20th January 2021, 07:07
Have you heard that Suzuki Motosport Iberica are going to compete in ERC 2021? Their cars will be two Suzuki Swift R4LLY S for Javier Pardo and Joan Vinyes. If I understand it correctly they are R4 cars (not Rally4!), so they should be eligible for ERC2 category. Do they have any chance? In Rally Islas Canarias they were faster than all ERC2 cars, so...
https://www.ewrc-results.com/final/61089-rally-islas-canarias-2020/

In most rallies they will have a very good chance. Maybe if there are very quick stages, GrN cars that goes 220 km/h will take them. Not sure on the gearing/max speed on the Swift.

Mirek
20th January 2021, 09:26
There are nearly no Gr.N cars left aside of the gravel countries. Just look in ERC results.

Jarek Z
20th January 2021, 12:52
More information about Suzuki Motor Iberica programme in the ERC (now in English):
https://www.fiaerc.com/suzuki-motor-iberica-enters-erc2-with-swift-r4lly-s/

Rally Power
20th January 2021, 20:42
More information about Suzuki Motor Iberica programme in the ERC (now in English):
https://www.fiaerc.com/suzuki-motor-iberica-enters-erc2-with-swift-r4lly-s/

These R4 Swift's are competitive on gravel (top10 on last year Serras de Fafe) but not so fast on tarmac (usually beaten by top Rally4's). The cars are built by Oreca for Suzuki Iberica and Rallycar, which intend to sell some units to privateers. ERC2 seems a smart way to promote them.

Sulland
20th January 2021, 20:48
Maybe we will see more R4s in ERC2?

dimviii
20th January 2021, 22:18
World Rally
@WorldRallyes
Efrén Llarena intends to be, again, this year, contesting the European Rally Championship. His objective will be to win the title and to continue taking steps in his sports career. #ERC
https://twitter.com/MundoRallyes/status/1351971426023202817

Andre Oliveira
28th January 2021, 14:58
Abarth Rally Cup 2021 calendar:
Round 1: Rally Islas Canarias (Asphalt), May 6-8, 2021
Round 2: 77th Rally Poland (Gravel), June 18-20, 2021
Round 3: Rally Liepāja (Latvia, gravel), July 1-3, 2021
Round 4: Rally di Roma Capitale (Italy, asphalt), July 23-25, 2021
Round 5: 50th Barum Czech Rally Zlín (Asphalt), August 27-29, 2021
Round 6: Rally Hungary (Asphalt), October 22-24, 2021

Round-by-round prize money:
First position: €10,000
Second position: €8,000
Third position: €6,000

End-of-season cash prize for Abarth Rally Cup winner: €25,000

https://www.fiaerc.com/fia-erc-based-abarth-rally-cup-continues-to-offer-spectacular-action-in-2021/

Andre Oliveira
29th January 2021, 11:21
https://www.fiaerc.com/clio-trophy-by-toksport-wrt-is-go-for-2021-fia-erc/

What’s on offer?
*Round-by-round prize money to the top four classified finishers (€4000, €2000, €1000, €500)
*Clio Trophy by Toksport WRT title winner gets a three-event FIA European Rally Championship prize drive in 2022 in a Renault Clio Rally4
*Points are awarded to the top 10 finishers with double points on offer at the final round to all drivers who have entered and started the first four events of the season
*On-event hospitality for competing drivers
*100 kilometres of gravel and asphalt testing ahead of the first event on each surface
*OMP overall for each driver and co-driver
*Media coverage and media training

Clio Trophy by Toksport WRT 2021 calendar**
Round 1: 55th Azores Rallye (Gravel)
Round 2: 77th Rally Poland (Gravel)
Round 3: Rally di Roma Capitale (Italy, asphalt)
Round 4: 50th Barum Czech Rally Zlín (Asphalt)
Round 5: Rally Hungary (Asphalt)

Sulland
29th January 2021, 12:51
https://www.fiaerc.com/clio-trophy-by-toksport-wrt-is-go-for-2021-fia-erc/

What’s on offer?
*Round-by-round prize money to the top four classified finishers (€4000, €2000, €1000, €500)
*Clio Trophy by Toksport WRT title winner gets a three-event FIA European Rally Championship prize drive in 2022 in a Renault Clio Rally4
*Points are awarded to the top 10 finishers with double points on offer at the final round to all drivers who have entered and started the first four events of the season
*On-event hospitality for competing drivers
*100 kilometres of gravel and asphalt testing ahead of the first event on each surface
*OMP overall for each driver and co-driver
*Media coverage and media training

Clio Trophy by Toksport WRT 2021 calendar**
Round 1: 55th Azores Rallye (Gravel)
Round 2: 77th Rally Poland (Gravel)
Round 3: Rally di Roma Capitale (Italy, asphalt)
Round 4: 50th Barum Czech Rally Zlín (Asphalt)
Round 5: Rally Hungary (Asphalt)

That is about half the cost of a year in JWRC, is it not?

PLuto
29th January 2021, 14:41
That is about half the cost of a year in JWRC, is it not?

Yes

YerayEcoBoost
30th January 2021, 03:03
It seems that Alberto Battistolli's plan for 2021 is to repeat in the FIA ERC

Enviado desde mi MI 8 Lite mediante Tapatalk

Andre Oliveira
2nd February 2021, 00:59
According Açoriano Oriental, Azores Rallye will be postponed to May.

According some sources, Fafe postponed to summer, Canarias to be held after Hungary.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EtL4MwWXAAgueA-?format=jpg&name=large

RS
2nd February 2021, 10:25
First round Azores in May then?

RICARDO75
2nd February 2021, 10:37
https://www.acorianooriental.pt/noticia/azores-rallye-muda-de-marco-para-maio-322192?fbclid=IwAR00Ssb4uBlC4rz5sAfI6eHq1ArTDftz1y zy57diS9hHCJ4hUf3O82fKOGM

According to a missive sent to the drivers yesterday, document to which the Açoriano Oriental had access, the ERC promoter wants the Azores Rallye to be held from 6 to 8 May, on the date that was scheduled Rally Islas Canarias, to be the opening rally of the championship.

The Spanish event moves to November and the Serras de Fafe Rally moves to September. These changes are due to the situation in Portugal and Spain.

Andre Oliveira
2nd February 2021, 13:11
6/8 May -> Azores
18/20 June -> Poland
1/3 July -> Liepaja
23/25 July -> Rome
27/29 August -> Barum
24/26 September -> Serras de Fafe
22/24 October -> Hungary
18/20 November -> Islas Canarias

Juniors on same events that before

https://tramalon.com/erc/erc-azores-y-canarias-a-falta-de-confirmacion-oficial-cambian-de-fecha/

RS
2nd February 2021, 14:56
Shame that the season starts so late but if it's safer for everyone and the events are more likely to go ahead it's worth the wait.

Andre Oliveira
4th February 2021, 11:37
Portuguese federation confirms date changes.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EtYdlIAXAAAvgw4?format=jpg&name=medium

YerayEcoBoost
4th February 2021, 19:01
Sergey Remennik & Marina Danilova ERC 2021 with Suzuki Swift Rally2-kit of Thomas Beton Racing

https://sergeiremennik.com/en/sergej-remennik-i-marina-danilova-vyigrali-ralli-mx5-2021/

YerayEcoBoost
4th February 2021, 19:03
The young Norwegian 20-year-old Ola Jr Nore has confirmed that in 2021 he will compete in the ERC3 Junior in full with a Renault Clio Rally4 from the Toksport WRT team. Codriver Veronica Engan

Andre Oliveira
10th February 2021, 15:27
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Et4K5UqXIAA0QWJ?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/static.fiaerc.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Junior-Pyramid-ERC.png

https://www.fiaerc.com/erc-junior-2021/?fbclid=IwAR0rJ8H6z-qLEgoOuOQ5l3DPH6Gne5GT3UlN7av6KC0NsRpKoUKfl1Ovad4

Jarek Z
20th February 2021, 11:37
Today is the 28th anniversary of the death of Marian Bublewicz.
If somone likes old historic videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFIV_c7xTlE

Rally San Marino 1992:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhO7HvKVqmI&feature=emb_logo

List of results:
https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile/11160-marian-bublewicz/

pantealex
20th February 2021, 14:15
Today is the 28th anniversary of the death of Marian Bublewicz.
If somone likes old historic videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFIV_c7xTlE

Rally San Marino 1992:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhO7HvKVqmI&feature=emb_logo

List of results:
https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile/11160-marian-bublewicz/

How is this related to subject "2021 ERC News and Rumors" ???

Off topic, I would say...

Jarek Z
20th February 2021, 17:36
How is this related to subject "2021 ERC News and Rumors" ???

Off topic, I would say...

Then move it to the 1993 ERC News and Rumors thread, if you don't like it.

Jarek Z
22nd February 2021, 08:41
According to
https://pl.motorsport.com/erc/news/scandola-do-mikolajek/5457982/?ic_source=home-page-widget&ic_medium=widget&ic_campaign=widget-1 (in Polish)
and
https://www.rally.it/2021/02/scandola-e-hoelbling-pronti-per-la-nuova-stagione-rally (Italian)
Umberto Scandola is going to compete in the European Championship this year. The Italian driver is going to drive Hyundai i20 R5 from SA Motorsport.

Good luck to him! I hope that his season doesn't end up like this ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twS7nm5ZxUQ

PLuto
22nd February 2021, 09:06
Video presentation of MOL Racing Team before season 2021

https://www.facebook.com/MOLRacingTeam

https://www.facebook.com/skodamagyarorszag/videos/212007573956899

Tom K
22nd February 2021, 09:28
I hardly understand Hungarian but assuming they are gonna to do full season in ERC? Topp Cars will prepare Skoda?

PLuto
22nd February 2021, 10:30
I hardly understand Hungarian but assuming they are gonna to do full season in ERC? Topp Cars will prepare Skoda?

Yes, you are correct - https://www.fiaerc.com/herczig-goes-fourth-in-erc-with-skoda/

PLuto
24th February 2021, 07:43
Another new project in European Rally Championship - ERC-Michelin Talent Factory - https://www.fiaerc.com/erc-michelin-talent-factory-initiative-to-support-emerging-stars/

PLuto
3rd March 2021, 08:16
Simone Campedelli with Polo R5 in ERC - https://www.fiaerc.com/campedelli-ready-for-big-opportunity-big-responsibility-with-team-mrf-tyres-erc-move/

https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/static.fiaerc.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/PHOTO-2021-03-01-10-58-17-800x452.jpg

RS
4th March 2021, 04:34
Can we expect more MRF crews in this year’s ERC?

pantealex
4th March 2021, 21:18
Can we expect more MRF crews in this year’s ERC?

I´m pretty sure Emil Lindholm will drive some ERC with Fabia Rally2. MRF is his main sponsor and as we know it´s Pirelli only in WRC.

Emil has said that new gravel MRF should be very good.

YerayEcoBoost
5th March 2021, 18:17
ERC 3 Junior for Mathieu Franceschi-Lucie Baud with a PH Sport Peugeot 208 Rally4

Andre Oliveira
5th March 2021, 20:27
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvvPmciXEAMEjTL?format=jpg&name=small

https://www.fia.com/news/fia-announces-world-motor-sport-council-decisions-21

The principles of a Rally Sporting Pyramid, to be implemented for the FIA World Rally Championship with complementary details for the FIA European Rally Championship, have been approved. The ambition of this new structure is to align the championships names with the car categories names (e.g. Rally2 cars compete in WRC2), to identify a common theme of Open and Junior categories between the series, and to reinforce the positioning of the FIA European Rally Championship both as a feeder series for the WRC and a goal in itself by creating a clear pathway.

In application of these principles, the WRC2 classification, open to the Rally2 category, will feature an Open Championship and a Junior Championship for drivers under 30. The WRC3 classification, open to the Rally3 class, will also feature an Open Championship and a Junior Championship for drivers under 29.

Similarly, the ERC3 classification, open to the Rally3 category, will feature an Open Championship and a Junior Championship for drivers under 28, while the ERC4 classification, open to the Rally4 and Rally5 classes, will equally have an Open Championship and a Junior Championship for drivers under 27.

In addition to age limits, experience restrictions will be implemented in the Junior Championships. As a result, former champions will not be allowed to put their titles back into play.

For both the WRC and ERC classifications, awards for Rookies, with less than three participations before the start of the season, and Masters, for drivers over 40 years old not included on the FIA Regional Priority List, will be created.

As a next step, details will be defined to reflect these principles in the sporting regulations.

“ In accordance with the Rally Sporting Pyramid, the ERC2 title will not be awarded from 2022. Cars conforming to Group N and Rally2 Kit regulations will be included in the overall ERC classification. RGT cars will be included within a standalone category for RGT cars only.”

https://www.fiaerc.com/erc-central-to-new-rally-sporting-pyramid-from-fia/

Jarek Z
9th March 2021, 07:21
Young Italian Alberto Battistolli is planning a full European championship campaign in a Škoda Fabia R5:
https://www.fiaerc.com/battistolli-putting-experience-first-in-erc/

Mirek
15th March 2021, 12:08
Orsák Rallysport with four cars in ERC.

Cais - Fiesta Rally2 (probably all 8 events) + several other events
Polášek - Fiesta Rally4 (4-6 events) +several other events
Vogel - Fiesta Rally4 (4 events) + Bohemia
Loof - Fiesta Rally4 (6 events) + several other events

Got Mail
19th March 2021, 21:41
Orsák Rallysport with four cars in ERC.

Cais - Fiesta Rally2 (probably all 8 events) + several other events
Polášek - Fiesta Rally4 (4-6 events) +several other events
Vogel - Fiesta Rally4 (4 events) + Bohemia
Loof - Fiesta Rally4 (6 events) + several other events

Nick Loof is definitely one to watch for the future.

He will probably start cautiously but he is a very fast learner. Very, very fast.

YerayEcoBoost
23rd March 2021, 18:57
Italian team Giovanni Baruffa - Simone Branchi in ERC3 Junior with Peugeot 208 Rally4 Baldon Rally

More info: https://www.albrechtbaruffa.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/campionato-fia-erc3j-2021-1-1.pdf

PLuto
25th March 2021, 13:55
Pep Bassas will continue in ERC, this time in ERC3 only - https://www.fiaerc.com/double-bassas-pep-joins-the-racing-factory-to-continue-erc-talent-proving-mission/

PLuto
25th March 2021, 16:56
Yesterday there was The Stage, video interview focused on ERC Juniors. You can see it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN611j7lguw&t=17s

Jarek Z
30th March 2021, 08:52
After Ken Torn, we now have the second Fiesta Rally3 in ERC. Igor Widlak, from Poland, is going to compete in 6 rounds, starting from Azores.

source (in Polish only):
https://pl.motorsport.com/erc/news/widlak-w-mistrzostwach-europy/5978587/

wyler
1st April 2021, 09:49
confirmed Hyundai team italy with Umberto Scandola in all erc round

PLuto
1st April 2021, 11:11
New ERC category for drivers younger than 18.

https://www.fiaerc.com/erc-kidz-is-go/

https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/static.fiaerc.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/PHOTO-2021-03-31-17-20-05.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
1st April 2021, 12:49
Callum Devine revealed his new mount for 2021 is a Mk2 Ford Fiesta R5.

Will announce his full plans soon...

Jarek Z
1st April 2021, 13:41
Let's hope that Bonato plants the whole forest! :)
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc-star-bonato-launches-tree-planting-initiative/

Andre Oliveira
3rd April 2021, 15:02
Luis Vilariño and Alejandro Noriega in 8 ERC rounds.

http://luisvilarino.es/luis-vilarino-y-kuku-noriega-correran-los-ocho-rallyes-del-fia-european-rally-championship/

http://luisvilarino.es/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Team-Vilarino-Skoda-1.jpg

RS
4th April 2021, 08:52
Kopecky in for Barum & Hungary already.. may as well do the rest of the championship too right?

Mirek
4th April 2021, 10:22
No

PLuto
4th April 2021, 11:47
No

Are you sure?

Mirek
4th April 2021, 11:55
No

RS
4th April 2021, 12:34
I was kinda joking/wishing, but he would be a nice addition.

Would be a good pick for MRF maybe, who he has worked with (and won a championship with) before.

Andre Oliveira
4th April 2021, 16:29
No

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EyEr2PMWUAMLl2o?format=jpg&name=large

Mirek
4th April 2021, 17:30
And?

Mission: Hungarian Rally Championship 2021

dimviii
6th April 2021, 15:50
Luky?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EyTNJuWXEAgpmNd?format=jpg&name=large

Andre Oliveira
6th April 2021, 17:41
Sure, his logo on bonnet and side.

Jarek Z
7th April 2021, 09:03
Yes, it's Luky :)
https://www.fiaerc.com/why-its-bring-it-on-time-for-lukyanuk-in-erc/

RS
7th April 2021, 09:05
Looks like more support from Citroen, but surprisingly not Total.

Jarek Z
7th April 2021, 09:14
Yes, if you compare it with his car from last year, Total is gone:
https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/static.fiaerc.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/04-Alexey-Lukyanuk.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
7th April 2021, 09:18
2019 ERC Champion Chris Ingram finally has a drive (in WRC3) ..

https://www.fiaerc.com/erc-champion-ingrams-world-chance-fantastic-news-says-ley/

Fast Eddie WRC
7th April 2021, 09:21
Luyanuk:

I’m really excited to announce that we keep working together with the Citroen Racing. Thanks for support and for the opportunities. Last year we achieved massive result, reached a milestone, taking a victory in the FIA European Rally Championship. So, we continue! Thanks to our sponsors – to Pirelli and Sainteloc Racing, to Coolstream, to Hortex, to our partners, supporting us – Ekover, Space travel, AutoSportMedia agency.

I’m looking forward to restart, and I’m happy to see the calendar, including all eight events, as it was before. It should be an exciting year! I believe, there will be a very strong competition this time. We’ve heard some rumours about the very strong drivers, getting ready to start in the FIA European Rally Championship. We’ll try to be as competitive as possible and have fun there.

We’re really anxious to start racing!

Luis Pacheco
8th April 2021, 20:46
In the next ten days the government of the Azores will take a decision regarding Azores Rally 2021.

Andre Oliveira
13th April 2021, 16:26
Bonato and Boulloud in C3 Rally2 of CHL Sport Auto.

PLuto
13th April 2021, 23:44
Bonato and Boulloud in C3 Rally2 of CHL Sport Auto.

This was confirmed before, I think - https://www.fiaerc.com/erc-star-bonato-launches-tree-planting-initiative/

PLuto
14th April 2021, 13:22
Another driver for ERC is Roland Poom - https://www.fiaerc.com/boom-its-poom-young-estonian-talent-set-for-erc-action-in-sainteloc-citroen-c3-rally2/

Luis Pacheco
14th April 2021, 15:17
Azores Rallye is canceled.

Andre Oliveira
14th April 2021, 15:21
Postponned

https://www.acorianooriental.pt/noticia/azores-rallye-adiado-devido-a-pandemia-324914?fbclid=IwAR0WnG009AYJlq5saFYA_ZKsCoyMDM93u0 88qywec572JC9jFt2Kpn4cMkY

Luis Pacheco
14th April 2021, 15:24
Like last year...

PLuto
14th April 2021, 15:41
Azores Rallye postponed - https://www.fiaerc.com/new-date-for-erc-55th-azores-rallye-under-discussion/

Luis Pacheco
14th April 2021, 15:44
Like last year...

Fast Eddie WRC
14th April 2021, 17:20
Shame - the first ERC rally victim of the Covid 3rd wave that is striking Europe.

Dirtfish on the situation:
https://dirtfish.com/rally/erc/ercs-azores-rally-postponed-at-health-authoritys-request

RS
14th April 2021, 18:03
After doing a good job with the calendar last year it’s frustrating that the ERC season won’t start until June. Let’s hope all remaining events happen and we have a busy second half of the year.

Jarek Z
16th April 2021, 10:46
Polish driver Miko Marczyk stays in ERC for another season. He's going to compete in all 8 rounds with Skoda Fabia Rally2. More details about it can be found here:
https://www.fiaerc.com/why-orlen-backed-talent-marczyk-is-planning-a-hybrid-season-in-erc/

New livery can be seen here:
https://pl.motorsport.com/erc/news/marczyk-zostaje-w-europie/6272231/

Tom K
3rd May 2021, 11:01
Rally du Auga wants to be part of the ERC. Quite interesting who could lose the place.

https://rallydaauga.com/el-rally-da-auga-camino-de-santiago-consigue-la-pre-inspeccion-para-el-europeo-de-rallyes/

TheFlyingTuga
3rd May 2021, 11:46
Probably to replace Azores. It could be a double header in the North of the Peninsula. Fafe and Santiago

Tom K
3rd May 2021, 12:14
You could be right. I am afraid that Azores time in ERC is close to the end. Auga could be an addition but we have plenty of nice rallies in Europe so giving Spain two out of eight rounds it's not fair. And replacement for Azores is Fafe. On the other hand if it's nice rally with good organization, the exact location does not really matter.

TheFlyingTuga
3rd May 2021, 13:53
Well, Portugal had two rallies. The Azores was postponed but a friend that works in the Regional Health Organization in there says that probably will be canceled.

Jarek Z
11th May 2021, 18:51
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! ;)

Very good news from Spain! Real Federación Espanola de Automovilismo is going to support as many as 6 crews this year!
Efren Llarena and Nil Solans are going to compete in ERC. Josep Bassas and Alejandro Cachon are going to compete in ERC3 and Junior ERC.
Moreover, Pepe Lopez and Jan Solans are going to compete in WRC3. Rallye Team Spain is going to be very strong this year!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1GasZJWUAAEwc5?format=jpg&name=small

source:
https://twitter.com/RallyeTeamSpain/status/1392063853178101760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1392063853178101760%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpl.motorsport.com%2Fwrc%2Fne ws%2Frajdowa-reprezentacja-hiszpanii%2F6506688%2F

RS
12th May 2021, 10:11
Llarena changing to a Fabia it seems.

rp
12th May 2021, 10:55
Llarena changing to a Fabia it seems.

Yes, It was announced already at the end of April...

PLuto
14th May 2021, 11:09
Update in ERC calendar with new dates for Azores and Fafe - https://www.fiaerc.com/ercs-double-header-structure-remains-with-new-dates-for-azores-and-fafe-rallies/

Tom K
14th May 2021, 17:40
According to DirtFish WRC Promoter will takeover ERC. Let's hope it will be only change of brand. If they are gonna to replace people - for example from media team - it will be great loss.

lmmjvss
14th May 2021, 17:56
According to DirtFish WRC Promoter will takeover ERC. Let's hope it wil be only change of brand. If they are gonna to replace people - for example from media team - it will be great loss.

WRC promoter is RedBull media... they just signed World Rallycross and now this... Not a big fan of this monopoly

WRC1
14th May 2021, 17:58
According to DirtFish WRC Promoter will takeover ERC. Let's hope it wil be only change of brand. If they are gonna to replace people - for example from media team - it will be great loss.

but to be honest ERC needs a restart....it must be under professional hands, if you look at the calendar, WRC has already 4 races and ERC didn´t even start the season, due to that, many teams already switch from original plan to do ERC into WRC2/3

Tom K
14th May 2021, 18:11
I would not judge that way. Last year ERC had two events (Rome in July and Liepaja in August) after lockdown and WRC restarted in September. WRC run 7 out of 13 rounds and ERC 5/8... You have to remember that WRC has Monte and Sweden/Arctic in winter and during last few years ERC always started later. I just like very friendly, almost family atmosphere in ERC, without this "stiffness" present in WRC :)

AndyRAC
14th May 2021, 19:12
This could actually work of they get it right. And the dreaded 'rotation' system for the WRC, could potentially return - except the year your event isn't in the WRC, it becomes an ERC round. But, I don't expect them do to that.

Rallying needs more than 1 viable international series - other disciplines manage it.

RS
15th May 2021, 04:37
This would be the end of an era going right back to the IRC of Eurosport running the second tier international rally championship. My initial thought is that I don’t like it, competition is generally a good thing and Eurosport have brought some good innovations over the years but let’s see what RB come up with. If they can secure some better broadcast deals and maybe even give us a televised power stage then it could be a good thing.

the sniper
15th May 2021, 15:59
The biggest theoretical advantage that could come from this would be if NEP starts producing an 'All Live' level of professional live coverage. It could even still be broadcast on Eurosport, returning to the peak IRC level of coverage. But that's a big if. Would Red Bull be willing to fund that until the value of the ERC is lifted enough for events/nations to want to pay the promoter enough to cover those costs with their inclusion on the calendar? I don't know, maybe with WRC rotation. I think there's a way that can work, but I don't think it's a sure fire money maker...

lmmjvss
15th May 2021, 17:01
You guys always mention IRC but My question would be... does the erc need to be bigger?
I mean... its an european championship for basically privateers only. In the spanish round, there lots of drivers from the spanish rally champioship.. in the italian round, theres lots of italian drivers from the national championship... That seems to work but I could be wrong, since im not from europe. I see erc as a "lets see who is the best R5 driver from the national championships in europe (irish, uk, italy, czech, spain, deutschland...) plus those full time entries that cant afford a full wrc carrer, like Lukyanuk, Kopecky, Kajetan... Does it need to be bigger than that? I mean.. the whole rally niche already KNOWS about erc, so its not like a "new world championship" trying to get recognized, like extreme-e or pure-etcr or eskootr

Mirek
15th May 2021, 17:18
ERC as it is now is fine in many things. It has a good competitive level, a reasonable selection of events and a large number of young talents. IMHO it found its role in the sport and fulfills it. The change from Eurosport to RB is probably more about the desired creation of the direct talent ladder which IMHO is a good thing to do for both championships since ERC proved itself in the last couple of years as an excelent platform for young drivers and a good fundament for one's WRC career.

Let's be also honest, Eurosport didn't care that much about ERC lately. It makes little sense to bring back their effort from IRC times because at that time it was all about exploiting the sorry state of the WRC and creating a well welcomed competition which ultimately lead to WRC getting into better shape again. A large part of that success was the stubborn stance of the ACM which went to IRC together with money to pay the first modern all-live event. The other and even more important one was the will of some manufacturers to engage in a competitive series to WRC. Those days are long gone. Nowadays ERC is about privateers and IMHO that's perfectly fine.

Of course I'll be happy if they add some stages from ERC to the All-live broadcast but I see it as a rather difficult challenge for the reason that there is no fixed entry field. Basically anyone can come and win which is good but it makes live of a broadcasting director very difficult.

YerayEcoBoost
16th May 2021, 11:13
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210516/3a0e9ad9ea9b44425c72933c69179f17.jpg

Enviado desde mi WAS-LX1A mediante Tapatalk

Andre Oliveira
16th May 2021, 11:14
Yates

dupanton
17th May 2021, 10:39
Yates

It's with a french team (TM Competition) so I would think it will be a French driver as well.

Andre Oliveira
26th May 2021, 13:32
Two-time British Ladies Rally Champion Nabila Tejpar will make the biggest leap of her career in 2021 as she is set to tackle the FIA European Rally Championship at the wheel of a Proton Iriz R5.

https://mailchi.mp/fb21929299b3/tejpar-takes-european-rally-championship-plunge-in-proton-r5?e=%5BUNIQID%5D

Jarek Z
26th May 2021, 13:36
I remember somebody on this forum wanted to see Proton in ERC. Here you are! ;)

Andre Oliveira
26th May 2021, 13:42
I want see with a top driver.

Fast Eddie WRC
26th May 2021, 14:59
Ex-ERC Champion takes stage wins & WRC3 podium on first WRC gravel rally for 600 days:

https://www.fiaerc.com/former-erc-champion-ingram-flies-to-world-podium-in-portugal/

pantealex
26th May 2021, 15:22
I want see with a top driver.

Not going to happen.

Top Drivers won´t drive Proton for free ...

the sniper
27th May 2021, 01:27
Not going to happen.

Would someone like Pontus Tidemand have anything to lose doing it, theoretically? Even if he did badly he could just blame the car. If anything most of his WRC car outings have done more harm...

YerayEcoBoost
27th May 2021, 06:22
It's with a french team (TM Competition) so I would think it will be a French driver as well.¿Pontus Tidemand?

Sulland
27th May 2021, 08:56
Not going to happen.

Probably not, but it does not have to be for free?

It could be a win-win sit; If you do well you did so with an underdog car, If you do below expectations, you can always blame the car!!

Jarek Z
27th May 2021, 17:37
Not going to happen.

But... if I understand this article correctly, it's actually a top driver who sits in the co-driver's seat? :)
https://www.fiaerc.com/fast-female-tejpar-is-back-to-go-forward-in-erc/

Fast Eddie WRC
28th May 2021, 12:03
M-Sport's Malcolm Wilson and Richard Millener will be keeping a close eye on Callum Devine this year as he switches to a Rally2 Fiesta for a second shot at ERC:

https://rallyinsight.com/2021/05/28/wilson-keen-to-see-devines-rally2-fiesta-erc-campaign/

PLuto
28th May 2021, 13:43
Article about Devine also here - https://www.fiaerc.com/devine-we-want-to-fight-at-the-front-end-and-get-another-erc-podium-when-possible/

RallyFan13
2nd June 2021, 16:17
Best of R5 RallyCars
https://youtu.be/uw_mvPMQHkM

Andre Oliveira
2nd June 2021, 21:04
https://scontent.fopo3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/195279232_147959393989055_988793685812592289_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=qcMhwp30ajUAX_FLQLu&_nc_ht=scontent.fopo3-2.fna&oh=f11cae5fd1cf6c5523ac78fc204de1b9&oe=60DDFFFE

Amaury Molle will be driving a Ford Fiesta Rally4 Evo 2021 from M-Sport and with Pirelli Tires, within the Team TM Competition as part of the ERC3 and ERC3 Junior European championship for the 2021 season!

"I am really happy with this new adventure awaits us to be honest.
After several months of reflections and discussions following many interesting proposals, my choice fell on this program with the French Team TM Competition for strong experience, competitiveness and determination.

For this official program in the European Championship, I will obviously have by side my partner Florian Barral for our 3rd season together in order to achieve our principal target: to win this 2021 title.
We are particularly happy to launch on this exciting challenge that awaits us. Count on us and our determination to give the best of ourselves.I take this moment to thank Team TM Competition for giving me this opportunity. Thank you also to OMP, Bell and my loyal partners for continuing to support me. "

Andre Oliveira
2nd June 2021, 21:29
No news about ERC Junior crews?

YerayEcoBoost
4th June 2021, 14:44
Sami Pajari (second in JWRC) also in ERC 3 Junior Fiesta Rally4 M-Sport Poland

Tom206wrc
7th June 2021, 13:31
Florian Bernardi: Clio Rally 4 on the entire the ERC ;)

PLuto
7th June 2021, 15:46
Florian Bernardi: Clio Rally 4 on the entire the ERC ;)

There will be three Clio Rally4 - https://www.fiaerc.com/franceschi-nore-and-bernardi-get-all-new-clio-rally4-for-erc/

Andre Oliveira
7th June 2021, 20:04
No news about ERC Junior crews?

Nothing?

pantealex
7th June 2021, 20:22
Nothing?

Young Rally4 drivers are not ERC Juniors ??

Jarek Z
7th June 2021, 20:32
Young Rally4 drivers are not ERC Juniors ??

I think that something has changed this year and according to https://www.fiaerc.com/categories/ ERC Juniors are now "Drivers aged 28 and under on 1 January 2021 in Rally3 cars on Pirelli tyres".

That would probably be Ken Torn?

Andre Oliveira
7th June 2021, 22:23
ERC3 Junior -> Rally4
ERC Junior -> Ford Fiesta Rally3

YerayEcoBoost
8th June 2021, 09:01
ERC3 Junior -> Rally4
ERC Junior -> Ford Fiesta Rally3 Only Ken Torn and Igor Widlak at the moment with Ford Fiesta Rally3

PLuto
8th June 2021, 10:05
Only Ken Torn and Igor Widlak at the moment with Ford Fiesta Rally3

No, there will be more Ford Fiesta Rally3. But not all of them in juniors.

pantealex
8th June 2021, 21:14
ERC Junior -> Ford Fiesta Rally3

so is it really only Fiesta Rally3 by regulations ?
not all Rally3 cars ?
one make cup?
(I know only Fiesta is available now)

PLuto
8th June 2021, 21:57
so is it really only Fiesta Rally3 by regulations ?
not all Rally3 cars ?
one make cup?
(I know only Fiesta is available now)

No, it is not one make cup. You can use any Rally3 car you want.

Andre Oliveira
8th June 2021, 22:50
Only exist one Rally3 model and you will not see other in 2021 season. So more and less the same to this season (objet of the thread).

Jarek Z
9th June 2021, 08:54
Toyota Yaris in ERC???
https://www.fiaerc.com/french-talent-heads-to-erc-in-a-toyota-yaris-whatever-next/

dupanton
9th June 2021, 11:02
Toyota Yaris in ERC???
https://www.fiaerc.com/french-talent-heads-to-erc-in-a-toyota-yaris-whatever-next/

Yes. Driver "developped" the car himself with the Rally 2-kit.

He ran it in Rallye du Touquet but with very poor results and a lot of problems apparentely.
He was beaten on all stages by the fastest Rally4 car(s) and even finished behind the first 2 Clio Rally5 cars

Sulland
21st June 2021, 16:14
Oliver Solberg who won the ERC1 Junior title last year have given the price to his cousin Oscar. He is not able to use it, being a works driver in Hyundai.

Oliver wanted the price money to be used and stay in the family, instead of being lost. Eurosport was willing to swap one O.Solberg for another O.Solberg. So Oscar will start working with MSport to prep for the next ERC rally.

Nice of Oliver and nice for Oscar!

Jarek Z
21st June 2021, 17:05
Oliver Solberg who won the ERC1 Junior title last year have given the price to his cousin Oscar.

Nice story! All in the family :)

Jarek Z
21st June 2021, 17:08
Yes. Driver "developped" the car himself with the Rally 2-kit.

He ran it in Rallye du Touquet but with very poor results and a lot of problems apparentely.
He was beaten on all stages by the fastest Rally4 car(s) and even finished behind the first 2 Clio Rally5 cars

He wasn't that bad in Rally Poland. His Toyota finished in the 33th position, only behind 3 Rally4 cars, third in ERC2.

Andre Oliveira
22nd June 2021, 07:30
Oliver helps Oscar with 100.000€. Oscar will do ERC in Rally3 car.

https://www.emotorsport.se/nyheter.php?in=2&nyhets_id=20426

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd June 2021, 16:20
Oliver helps Oscar with 100.000€. Oscar will do ERC in Rally3 car.

https://www.emotorsport.se/nyheter.php?in=2&nyhets_id=20426

IMO if he didnt want/need the prize for himself it should go to the 2nd placed 2020 ERC Junior driver.

Jarek Z
25th June 2021, 07:10
Father and son in Subaru Historic Rally Team enter ERC:
https://www.fiaerc.com/pryczek-glad-to-be-in-erc-after-home-debut/

RS
25th June 2021, 09:12
Dmitry Eremeev back with Luky for Latvia (that’s nice), Yaroslav Fedorov doing Estonia and Roma Capitale:

https://www.fiaerc.com/erc-champion-lukyanuk-all-set-to-fly-high-twice-in-the-baltics/

Andre Oliveira
26th June 2021, 22:33
Rumours about no Serras de Fafe e Felgueiras in ERC 2021. Only national championshiop rally.

RS
8th July 2021, 20:40
Eurosport exit confirmed: https://www.fiaerc.com/eurosport-events-honoured-to-serve-erc-passes-batten-to-wrc-promoter-to-focus-on-developing-all-electric-racing-categories-with-fia/

It sounds as if the calendar may become a little more ‘mainland’ with the exit of Eurosport with events focused more on key markets.

Feel a bit sad having closely followed IRC and then the transition to ERC under Eurosport.. I liked the alternative and family feel of these championships and fear ‘new ERC’ may become a bit blandified but I have an open mind to what the new promoter may bring. Hopefully more and improved live coverage streamed free on Youtube!

ERC under Eurosport never reached the heights of IRC but nonetheless it was still an improvement on what ERC was beforehand.

AndyRAC
9th July 2021, 08:29
Agree with that RS; the ERC seemed a bit rudderless, and the IRC added some impetus. However, I don't think Eurosport did enough with it - the recent live coverage on You Tube was a 'too little too late'.
I'm not sure about the new promoters; putting coverage behind a paywall is not going to grow it.

I've been saying for years that rallying needs another competitive International series - a proper ERC could/should be this; a series of events for Rally2 cars all over Europe.

Mirek
12th July 2021, 17:31
Dominik Stříteský will start in Rome, on Barum and in Hungary. Most likely all with the old Fabia R5 of Vančík team he uses normally this season.

rp
12th July 2021, 18:16
Dominik Stříteský will start in Rome, on Barum and in Hungary. Most likely all with the old Fabia R5 of Vančík team he uses normally this season.

Great to see so young and talented driver from your country to get some ERC events!

Kenneth
12th July 2021, 21:02
Nice to hear that! Stritesky is undoubtedly biggest Czech talent since Kopecký and I bet he will get some top10 results, I wouldn't be surprised if he will even be in top5 in some of these events.

PLuto
12th July 2021, 22:32
Now I can say that also Adam Brezik was planning to start in Rome, but crash on Bohemia has changed the plans...

Andre Oliveira
7th August 2021, 19:36
Erik Cais is improving a lot

https://www.ewrc-results.com/final/69190-marma-rajd-rzeszowski-2021/

Eli
9th August 2021, 17:43
https://dirtfish.com/rally/erc/promoter-planning-route-for-erc-rounds-to-join-wrc/

Basically they want to invest in some ERC event(s) and eventually let them get that WRC Status. “We believe in the pyramid of progression which provides a career path from ERC to the WRC. But we have no intention of combining the calendars. That’s not what this is about." “Just as the ERC will be stepping stone for drivers and co-drivers progressing to the WRC, it’ll be the same for events. We want to work with governments who are backing events in countries like, for example, Hungary, Latvia and Poland and offer an even greater return on their investment".

Mirek
9th August 2021, 18:01
https://dirtfish.com/rally/erc/promoter-planning-route-for-erc-rounds-to-join-wrc/

Basically they want to invest in some ERC event(s) and eventually let them get that WRC Status. “We believe in the pyramid of progression which provides a career path from ERC to the WRC. But we have no intention of combining the calendars. That’s not what this is about." “Just as the ERC will be stepping stone for drivers and co-drivers progressing to the WRC, it’ll be the same for events. We want to work with governments who are backing events in countries like, for example, Hungary, Latvia and Poland and offer an even greater return on their investment".

IMHO nothing more than some nice words about the same stuff as ever.

Eli
9th August 2021, 19:58
IMHO nothing more than some nice words about the same stuff as ever.

Probably, I just hope they bring back some of the nice events the ERC lost due to COVID-19, Cyprus would be great as a start, and if it doesn't get to host the WRC again, I wouldn't mind seeing Corsica again in the ERC.

PLuto
9th August 2021, 22:49
Probably, I just hope they bring back some of the nice events the ERC lost due to COVID-19, Cyprus would be great as a start, and if it doesn't get to host the WRC again, I wouldn't mind seeing Corsica again in the ERC.

Unfortunatelly, both Cyprus and Corse are very expensive events for ERC field...

Tom K
10th August 2021, 08:35
Pluto, just for comparison - maybe you could reveal some details. Cost for Azores vs Cyprus vs Canarias (I know it's tarmac but the Island itself isn't cheap)?

AndyRAC
10th August 2021, 09:12
Personally, I'm not sure on the 'stepping stone' route. Rallying has to be more than just the WRC - I still think we need another international level series, other disciplines manage it. Why shouldn't we be able to see some of the top WRC drivers in ERC events, in Rally2 cars?

Whilst I know that is not going to happen, I'm not sure about the future of the ERC if that's all they want for it.

RallyFan13
10th August 2021, 09:59
ERC is a stepping stone before WRC for a driver to show his talent but where is a gravel rough event prepare a talent for WRC gravel events like Sardenia or Acropolis?I believe Cyprus is must event in ERC