PDA

View Full Version : Spanish GP thread

andreag
13th May 2007, 02:56
It's almost 4 a.m.; after coming back from my work, I enjoyed a nice late dinner, dis some check on the net (and a couple of answers on this Forum), and it's time to sleep, as in 3 hours I'm waking up to go to the circuit.

I'll not be able of posting until I'll back, so I just wanted to open this thread when I can write on it.

Nice race for all of you.

ShiftingGears
13th May 2007, 03:37
So...

Anyone reckon that the chicane is going to make the race any better?

Also, I expect that this will be the first race where both the McLarens and Ferraris will finish in the top 4.

e2mtt
13th May 2007, 13:17
Fantastic Start!!!! Hamilton from 4th to 2nd on the start... the man is awesome.

My boy Scott Speed (USA) went from 21 to 14 in the first lap!!!

Massa leads

e2mtt
13th May 2007, 13:27
Oh my the Ferrari broke! Kimi is out.

e2mtt
13th May 2007, 13:29
After a fantastic start, Scott Speed's left rear tire just exploded. Dissapointing.

(This is fun, a single person discussion here.)

F1boat
13th May 2007, 13:29
Poor Kimi... :(

pino
13th May 2007, 13:31
Damn Toyota :mad:

F1boat
13th May 2007, 13:32
Kimi should go to Chruch and ask for help against dark magic :(

pino
13th May 2007, 13:33
Kimi should go to Chruch and ask for help against dark magic :(

Jarno should do the same...

F1boat
13th May 2007, 13:34
I notice something funny - Alonso makes good S1 and S2, but loses in S3.

F1boat
13th May 2007, 13:34
Jarno should do the same...

Yeah, he drove so well yesterday... :(

e2mtt
13th May 2007, 13:41
flames in the pit.... never good.

Hamilton has led every single one of his grand prixs so far.

Horrible week for Torro Rosso, despite Speed's pace in practice.

harvick#1
13th May 2007, 13:43
so whats the running order

e2mtt
13th May 2007, 13:44
Hamilton has a large enough lead he should be able to pit out ahead of Alonso.

e2mtt
13th May 2007, 13:47
Hamilton is sitting 9.2 to the good of Alonso!

This is quite a exciting race, if only for the sheer amount of bad things happening.

F1boat
13th May 2007, 13:50
And look what happened with Nick! :(

e2mtt
13th May 2007, 14:07
so whats the running order

go to formula1.com very nice lap tracker, the exact same one they look at in the pits.

F1boat
13th May 2007, 14:17
Michael Shumacher jinxed his brother ;)

F1boat
13th May 2007, 14:51
And Massa wins ahead of Hamilton! Congratulations to both of them!

Ian McC
13th May 2007, 14:53
Alonso doesn't look happy on the podium, he expected to win today I think.

akv89
13th May 2007, 15:01
That second place has now put Hamilton in the lead for the championship at 30 pts. Alonso is 2nd at 28. Massa 3rd at 27. And Raikkonen drops to 4th, still at 22.

akv89
13th May 2007, 15:03
A fantastic race for Massa and Hamilton, this has really boosted their championship hopes.
Kubica did a great job picking up points for BMW with Nick out of the race. Coulthard, Rosberg, Kovaleinen, and SATO!!! all did a great job.
The race itself was pretty boring though.

F1boat
13th May 2007, 15:09
Massa continues to surprise me. He drove a flawless race and his car was much quicker than I expected after practice and qualifying. Forza Ferrari!

ioan
13th May 2007, 15:32
Alonso doesn't look happy on the podium, he expected to win today I think.

He should get a bit more realistic.
Given how well Lewis did in the flyaway races I was expecting him to be even faster in Europe, where he knows the tracks.

ioan
13th May 2007, 15:34
So, how many overtaking moves at the new chicane?
I can't remember any, but I might have missed them while TF1 was presenting their 5 commercial brakes!

jens
13th May 2007, 16:15
Räikkönen, Webber, Trulli - all "famous car breakers" (at least this is the image of them) fell into trouble once again. On the contrary McLaren is running problemfree. This automatically raises an interesting question - coincidence?

I'd say some bold words about Toyota - the car is unacceptably unreliable!
And a shame for BMW's pit crew. Heidfeld could have challenged even for podium today as he was running heavier than Kubica during the first stint and was quite close to the Pole.

Quite many incidents at Spanish Grand Prix this time - seems like that one-month-long brake hasn't had a positive effect on some teams. :p :

ioan
13th May 2007, 16:18
I'd say some bold words about Toyota - the car is unacceptably unreliable!

But faster than before, that's the way to go in F1, first you need speed than reliability.

blakebeatty
13th May 2007, 16:43
The race itself was pretty boring though.

Terrible! The race to the first corner was the whole race!

aryan
13th May 2007, 17:31
He should get a bit more realistic.
Given how well Lewis did in the flyaway races I was expecting him to be even faster in Europe, where he knows the tracks.

I have heard that peoople graduating to F1 say that what they learn is lower formulae regarding circuits is of little, if any use in F1 as F1 cars behave so diffently to anything else and all the braking point, acceleration point, etc. are different.

There was a good comment from one of the ITV guys on Saturday, mentioning that Hamilton hasn't done 3 things yet:

1. Get a pole
2. Win a race
4. Make a mistake

I wonder which one he does first.

F1boat
13th May 2007, 20:05
Next race is Monaco. All of these three is possible.

Garry Walker
13th May 2007, 20:29
Alonsos myth is slowly, but surley getting exposed...

Gannex
13th May 2007, 21:43
I have heard that peoople graduating to F1 say that what they learn is lower formulae regarding circuits is of little, if any use in F1 as F1 cars behave so diffently to anything else and all the braking point, acceleration point, etc. are different.

There was a good comment from one of the ITV guys on Saturday, mentioning that Hamilton hasn't done 3 things yet:

1. Get a pole
2. Win a race
4. Make a mistake

I wonder which one he does first.
Add to that list the fact that Hamilton has never lost at Monaco!

Brown, Jon Brow
13th May 2007, 21:53
Boring race, I recorded it and fast- forwarded half of it, and then fell asleep at the end.

jens
13th May 2007, 21:54
But faster than before, that's the way to go in F1, first you need speed than reliability.

For some reason it tends to be so that whenever Toyota looks quick, they fall into all kinds of troubles... with the only exception being the start of 2005.

e2mtt
13th May 2007, 22:50
Boring race, I recorded it and fast- forwarded half of it, and then fell asleep at the end.

Thats nice. This nugget of information really helped out the race thread. I am so glad that you know how to record video, that your fast-forward button works, and you don't have insomnia.

:-)

truefan72
14th May 2007, 00:22
Thats nice. This nugget of information really helped out the race thread. I am so glad that you know how to record video, that your fast-forward button works, and you don't have insomnia.

LOL :( )

good one!

Ranger
14th May 2007, 08:23
So there were lots of incidents.

Dull race!

Goes to show that stop-gap solutions like a chicane won't fix underlying problems that is the aero regulations.

I turned the TV off with 20 laps to go to get some sleep. And maybe 8th place was different.

Disappointing entertainment. Considering MotoGP in China was a "dull" race, I wonder how you would class this one? :confused:

Brown, Jon Brow
14th May 2007, 09:07

ioan
14th May 2007, 13:07
There were some good fights in the midfield and I have to say that I really enjoyed it when Taku moved in front of Fisi and was able to hold the 8th place!
Also DC's masterfull driving to keep a minimum gap to Rosberg was worth to be watched.

The start and the end of the race were good for me.

e2mtt
14th May 2007, 13:13

Ahh, thanks for being a good sport. I didn't really want to start a flame war.