View Full Version : Montoya tell Brad Parrott to go stuff it

SOD
12th May 2007, 03:24
Hell no!

hell no!

colinspooky
12th May 2007, 03:29
more hell nooooooooo

here to race, not here to frick about ??? was that what he said?

Cindy_AL
12th May 2007, 03:58
Brad even said "please".

colinspooky
12th May 2007, 04:04
forgot to say pretty please with sugar on top

as someone once said

e2mtt
12th May 2007, 04:39
What happened? I missed this...

call_me_andrew
12th May 2007, 04:57
I missed it too.

Erki
12th May 2007, 08:52
I missed it too...

:laugh:

Jonesi
12th May 2007, 09:09
I caught the tale end of it. During the Busch race Montoya had a close call with another car during yellow flag pitstop. Back on the track circling under yellow he was told if it happens again to let the other driver go first. He responded "Hell No!" a few times then said something like: "If you want your driver to do that you need to fire me and hire someone who's not a racer!" ESPN didn't reshow what happened, Montoya may have been in the right, but crew chiefs generally prefer they don't wreck a good car insisting on right-of-way.

BenRoethig
12th May 2007, 12:57
Well, he is used to F1 where the only passing is on pit road.

Phoenixent
12th May 2007, 15:58

If that's right then why was it that he smoked the field at the Indy 500?

It's just that hot tempered Latin blood getting feed up with the good old boy pace out there. :)

Give it time it will all work out in time.

muggle not
12th May 2007, 18:20
If that's right then why was it that he smoked the field at the Indy 500?

It's just that hot tempered Latin blood getting feed up with the good old boy pace out there. :)

Give it time it will all work out in time.
The good ole boy pace has him 21 cars behind.

BobbyC
12th May 2007, 18:29
The guy has never raced at the Florentine circuit, and probably forgot he was in a Busch car where you are restricted on the number of tires you can use.

But he probably will learn to forget that incident and learn that tire management in Busch cars is an entirely different animal for him. I don't think he's seen anything like this circuit, and he'll never see anything like it again, especially since the track is to get a makeover next year.

Phoenixent
12th May 2007, 18:58
The good ole boy pace has him 21 cars behind.

What I stated about the good ole boy pace is they have patience to wait until the time is right. Montoya is like Senna on the go always and had to learn patience. Montoya will improve and some of those 21 ahead of him will stay the same for the rest of there careers.

Cheer up muggle. :up:

RaceFanStan
12th May 2007, 19:32
I laughed when Montoya went off on Parrott, I knew his arrogance would show up eventually. :rotflmao:

Jag_Warrior
13th May 2007, 19:43

As Michael Schumacher found out on several occasions, Juan didn't get copied on that memo either. :s mokin:

I find it refreshing to have another driver who doesn't subscribe to the "go along to get along" mentality.

Lee Roy
14th May 2007, 03:34
Well, when he's having to sit on pit road getting his fenders pulled off of his tires while the race is going on a few times, maybe he'll realize what Parrott is trying to help him to learn.

IMSAFAN1
14th May 2007, 03:49
Good going Juan.....You show what the boys who are running the new Nascab Spec series what real racing is all about....don't ever sell your soul to them...Keep speaking your mind....I love it....

DonnieDarco
14th May 2007, 04:41
Someone explain to me how giving up one place is going to help him............I can see how it would have helped the 66 though.

Though it should be noted the 66 didn't make it to the end and JPM did :D

djarumdudley
14th May 2007, 09:16
Montoya was a moving chicane in the Cup race today. everytime he was onscreen he was holding someone up. i'm sure i wasn't the only one who thought there was going to be another encounter with Newman in those late laps.

e2mtt
14th May 2007, 13:11
Montoya was a moving chicane in the Cup race today. everytime he was onscreen he was holding someone up. i'm sure i wasn't the only one who thought there was going to be another encounter with Newman in those late laps.

He was driving like Robby Gordon!

(yeah, I like that.)

Georgeboi999
14th May 2007, 14:14
Montoya is learning. Give him time and he'll be at the front.

muggle not
14th May 2007, 14:32
Juan Wanna Be seems to be heading in the wrong direction. He is now 801 points from the leader. I do wonder if he has learned anything so far this year.

e2mtt
14th May 2007, 14:48
Juan Wanna Be seems to be heading in the wrong direction. He is now 801 points from the leader. I do wonder if he has learned anything so far this year.

Of course he has learned things this year. The reasons why has lost ground to the leaders include: difficult & short tracks, Hendricks domination, Car of Tommorow, etc.. Ganassi has yet never been a dominate force in NASCAR either.

LINCE
14th May 2007, 14:58
Hes is the ganassi driver with more points for now so that isnīt bad at all, the thing is that expectations where to high but he is doing good I think a top 20 in points this year is the objective, plus a win on an oval

Lee Roy
14th May 2007, 15:21
Yep, Montoya will do fine. He always has. He was a race winner in Formula One (which is the pinnacle of auto racing), he embarrassed the CART crowd in his rookie year (and that was when CART/Champ Car mattered), and completely humiliated the IRL crowd at the 2000 Indy 500.

In NASCAR, he'll be a race winner this year, Rookie of the Year, and in the top 20 in points.

Mark in Oshawa
17th May 2007, 17:43
Montoya is doing just fine, but he has to learn the culture and patience you need to win at this level. As Lee Roy pointed out when they are fixing a wrecked car because of Montoya's "pride" maybe he will figure it out. NASCAR is different from every other form of racing for one basic reason: The races are long, you have no relief driver and the conditions cause every aspect of strategy to change on a lap by lap basis. When a crew chief wants a driver to lay back or conserve the car, he does it knowing that the race will likely be coming to them. Montoya has to put aside that f1/OW mentality of going the fastest all the time because in this form of racing, it usually doesn't work. He hasn't learned this entirely yet, although by his results, Parrott is getting through to him more than people think. Montoya no doubt was told patiently and quietly by Parrott after the race what was going on and why he was told what he was told. Juan will get there, and if he was on Hendricks, maybe we would have seen some near wins. This year is just a tough go with the COT coming in, adding to the learning curve, and yet Montoya is still in the top 20 in points and is not racing for an A level team. I would say that is pretty good. If any of you actually thought this guy was going to win 4 or 5 races and show the good ole boys what a racer is, you were dreaming. What Juan is doing like asking a softball pitcher to start pitching overhand, or a figure skater to all the sudden do pairs (stupid analogies I know). They may be the same "sport" but the disicpline and training are different. He is adapting damned fast, and I think if he stays in NASCAR, he will win races on ovals and he will be a threat to make the chase....

Jag_Warrior
17th May 2007, 21:07
I agree, Mark. Clearly this is Juan's year to learn. And I think it's a helluva lot better to have a driver that you have to figure out how to slow down, than one you have to figure out how to speed up. I've heard the same thing about horses, so it must be true. :D

So far, he's well set to possibly capture Rookie of the Year (in Nextel Cup AND Busch!). Maybe he can snag a road course win. Who knows, maybe even a win on an oval. Personally, I think he's doing pretty well. I've liked him since his F3000 days, and I have no reason to stop now.

Sparky1329
17th May 2007, 21:21
From Jayski:

Ganassi Busch Team Changes? hearing that Ganassi Racing Busch Series crew chiefs Brad Parrott [#42] and Brian Pattie [#41] are switching teams. Parrott will handle the crew chief duties for Reed Sorenson/David Stremme/Clauson (#41) and Pattie will move to the (#42) team with Juan Pablo Montoya and Kevin Hamlin.(5-17-2007)

Mark in Oshawa
17th May 2007, 22:10
So it seems maybe Parrott is tired of the Latin Temperment. IF one thing will stop Montoya, it might be this attitude. I hope there isn't much to it. Pattie is a damned good crew chief, so maybe he can reach Juan in the heat of battle. Just the same, Brad Parrott isn't an idiot, I would be taking a lot of notes if I was Juan. The F1 prima donna act wont go over big in NASCAR if he keeps this up...

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
18th May 2007, 15:39
The F1 prima donna act wont go over big in NASCAR if he keeps this up...

I dont think you can say that about Juan. Latin Temperment yes thats why he has so many fans because he says what he fells. prima donna i dont think so, hes passionate.

Lee Roy
18th May 2007, 16:15
. . . . hes passionate.

Bingo. You don't accomplish all that he has in racing without passion.

BenRoethig
18th May 2007, 17:57
Agreed. What Juan does he does because he has a passion for winning, some times to a point where it interferes with the workings of his brain.

The incessant whining that comes out of the mouths of the other so called racers in F1 is prima dona behavior.

tstran17_88
18th May 2007, 19:01
So it seems maybe Parrott is tired of the Latin Temperment. IF one thing will stop Montoya, it might be this attitude. I hope there isn't much to it. Pattie is a damned good crew chief, so maybe he can reach Juan in the heat of battle. Just the same, Brad Parrott isn't an idiot, I would be taking a lot of notes if I was Juan. The F1 prima donna act wont go over big in NASCAR if he keeps this up...Or it could be the prima donna went to the Chipster and demanded a change and the Chipster gave in?