PDA

View Full Version : Pick Up Truck Build

sc333
11th May 2007, 17:18
Hi guys,
My names is Richard Austin . Im an ex- spedeworth ,Incarace,Ringwood Stockcar driver and second spotter for Team Rogers Racing.

For 2008 i will be tagging on to Team Rogers Racing as a second driver and truck and competing in the Rockingham Truck championship.

Although ive been racing for quite a while ive been used to racing a £5000 stockcar and competing on a 10,000 a year budget ,so the truck series is a big jump for me,though im fully committed to the cause.

Im in progress of the truck build now and thanks to just for fun motorsport and Stuart have a an ex-crashed and now SHP recertified chassis and a full rolling right hand drive chassis with new suspension.

My reason for this post is to make teams and drivers aware that im doing this and to start my begging and borrowing early (before i start the stealing !!!! joke)

During a racing season all sorts of things happen,drivers retire ,new drivers come in, trucks crash and sometimes trucks and spares dissapear into the back of the workshop.....

During the next 8 months i have a budget put together to complete my truck and im asking if you guys out there my sometimes come across bits and pieces or know of bits and pieces that could well be helpful to me.
The pick up series is well known for teams getting together to help others out to keep them on the track racing ,but thought it might be good to let you know that theres one trying to start.

Im after the usual bits that i will most likely have to buy direct from SHP but...................well ...i can but try.

This cry for help isnt just about today ,but through out the season.

im after the following....

set of twin 45s
mbe box
Race engine
(obviously this is something i would be buying new......but you never know who has that two meeting old spare redline engine hidden in the corner)

Quaiffe gearbox
Propshaft
Front and Rear calipers
Set of shocks (just in case anyone is switching to Gaz)
pedal box
steering rack (mine is right hand drive)
2x top wishbones (mine are copies)
1 x rear tie bar
Fuel tank
Rear ant rollbar
Seat 15"
Gearbox mounting
Engine mountings
Panels.
wheels
2 x rear steel hubs (mine are ali)
Limited slip diff. (i just have the crown wheel and pinion)

I realise there are somethings there that if you do have spare would probably be to valuable to let go...(i know i wouldnt) and are part pf your teams spares package.........
however i also realise drivers and teams retire or maybe have already retired.

Anyway drivers and teams, im hoping you might keep this in mind for the forth coming season.
Please feel free to stop me and say hello, im always in the 69 garage........and feel free to give me any advice or worldly knowledge about the trucks (like your set up ,just in case youre drunk on a saturday evening)..........im like a sponge at the moment absorbing everything lol
Or call me on 07902 791323 or email [email:eh76p0zv]sc333@btinternet.com[/email:eh76p0zv] if you have anything thats just a pain in the arse and in your way......like a brand new quaiife gearbox....lol (not your wife......though actually ...send me a picture first)
Thank again
Richard Austin
sc #3

deadsquirrel
11th May 2007, 19:29
Will see what we can find you during the season! :)

Can normally come across panels, brake caliper (only one so far, sorry), propshafts, wheel nuts. However, they are mostly in a [very] secondhand condition and most teams seem to want them back :(

In return, I hope you won't leave US presents such as hammers,screwdrivers, torquewrenches etc ;)

TeamRogers69
11th May 2007, 21:33
Sorry Richard, but the team has never heard of you. We welcome anyone to the team but at least come and say hello first!

..........................only kidding buddy. Welcome to the crew.

I don't know if it helps, but we have lots of spares just appear (most are useless though as they come from a right hand drive truck with out of dates bits) but if it helps you can have them.............................................. .................................................. ....'oops, sorry, I've just been told their your bits!!!!!!'

sc333
11th May 2007, 21:52
QUOTE....(most are useless though as they come from a right hand drive truck with out of dates bits) Dean Team Rogers Racing 69

hmmm you guys always tell me i have out of date bits and that i cant use them ....then they end up on your truck.........

The actual out of dates bits like the two top wishbones you didnt mention !!!
and they didnt end up on your truck either.......hmmm

any other teams want a spotter

briggs'mechanic
14th May 2007, 15:00
The brake calipers ours need it back send to PO BOX it broke Bournemouth