PDA

View Full Version : What tyres the drivers use for free practise?

DimitraF1
11th May 2007, 14:41
I was watching the times of free practise in formula1.com...it would be interesting if we know somehow what tyres the car has .
Is someone who knows what tyres they used most today?
Ferrari i suppose they use only the hard or medium..as they know they are fast from the last test..mclaren?soft???

ioan
11th May 2007, 14:44
Well, those who watched the practice sessions can see those white stripes, but there is no info on live timing about that.

Flat.tyres
11th May 2007, 14:52
I was watching the times of free practise in formula1.com...it would be interesting if we know somehow what tyres the car has .
Is someone who knows what tyres they used most today?
Ferrari i suppose they use only the hard or medium..as they know they are fast from the last test..mclaren?soft???

I might be wrong but I thought there were only 2 types

andreag
11th May 2007, 15:00
You're right. Even if BS have many different compounds, only two are allowed for every GP (I'm talking about dry tyres).

So teams can only choose between this two types, and they have a limited number, so they trend to use both types on Friday, to do the setup of the car for the Qualifying session. They have to keep soft tyres for this session, as well as for the race, where they have to meke at least one stint on every type of tyres.