PDA

View Full Version : WRC event Rally Estonia 2020

Pages : [1] 2 3

ArviPommer
2nd July 2020, 12:23

4. sept kell 09:00 – 6. sept kell 18:00
First time in the history of world of rallying – FIA World Rally Championship comes to Estonia. Rally Estonia will be hosting world top drivers from WRC teams on curvy and bumpy roads of South-Estonia. To top up the competition, all the best drivers from Baltics, Russia and Scandinavia will also enter to the event.

The 3-day event will keep the whole family entertained with unbeatable fan experience in the rally world. By implementing innovative solutions the rally will be made even more convenient and safe for the spectators to watch from the spectator areas. The start and finish ceremony will take place on the territory of the Estonial National Museum in Tartu, where also Service Park and Rally HQ are located and a Special Stage is run on 2 days.

ArviPommer
2nd July 2020, 12:24
https://www.facebook.com/events/434821617411676/

ArviPommer
2nd July 2020, 12:29
https://www.facebook.com/WorldRally/videos/2640040072934875/

Crazy J
2nd July 2020, 14:01
I hope to see this driver to win the rally :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_NU7LBWkAID6us?format=jpg&name=medium

AnttiL
2nd July 2020, 14:21
I hope to see this driver to win the rally :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_NU7LBWkAID6us?format=jpg&name=medium

Dream on. If something, hope to see him start the rally. :)

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd July 2020, 15:37
Dream on. If something, hope to see him start the rally. :)

That must happen surely. Is that Mr Gross' car ?

Bertelli from Italy may also be back to add to the WRC's.

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd July 2020, 15:40
Elfyn Evans @ElfynEvans

Great news today, we will be back racing in @OfficialWRC soon !

Looking forward to the challenge of @RallyEstonia after competing there last year and we will continue to give it our all until the end of the season.

meh
2nd July 2020, 15:42
That must happen surely. Is that Mr Gross' car ?

Bertelli from Italy may also be back to add to the WRC's.

It's not Gross's car, Gross was there with own car. Märtin rented car from M-Sport

- https://www.ewrc-results.com/carinfo/69-ford-fiesta-wrc-17/?spz=17414
- https://www.ewrc-results.com/carinfo/69-ford-fiesta-wrc/?car=1753

AnttiL
2nd July 2020, 15:57
Rally Estonia will be run in a shorter format. Shakedown and ceremonial start on Friday, all 232 km of special stages on Saturday and Sunday. Rally base is in the city of Tartu.

EstWRC
2nd July 2020, 16:19
Tickets in the beginning of august.

In the Most positive scenario 15 000 people allowed to the stages.

17 stages total. 20% new and most of the old ones reversed.

Tauri_J
2nd July 2020, 18:10
Rally Estonia will be run in a shorter format. Shakedown and ceremonial start on Friday, all 232 km of special stages on Saturday and Sunday. Rally base is in the city of Tartu.

One short stage to be run on friday too.

DoN_cz
2nd July 2020, 20:17
In the Most positive scenario 15 000 people allowed to the stages.

this + "By implementing innovative solutions the rally will be made even more convenient and safe for the spectators to watch from the spectator areas." makes me slightly worried how much will the rally be suitable for "oldschool" rally fans who prefer going deep into forest instead of staying in designated spectator areas.

cali
3rd July 2020, 05:44
this + "By implementing innovative solutions the rally will be made even more convenient and safe for the spectators to watch from the spectator areas." makes me slightly worried how much will the rally be suitable for "oldschool" rally fans who prefer going deep into forest instead of staying in designated spectator areas.15000 spectators is a piece of cake and today designated areas are the worst solution for my opinion. I think it will be something else and for sure for 15000 spectators there's room to share everywhere.

But I do get your concern as I am one of those oldschool rally fans.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

bwallace
3rd July 2020, 07:41
Doe's there any chanse that per stage they gonna allow more peoples than 15 000 I think many fan's from all europ wuold like to came and see wrc, and if rally pass is on the limit it's meen that price gonna be over 100 euro ?

Tauri_J
3rd July 2020, 07:43
No, I guess around 40-50

bwallace
3rd July 2020, 08:20
1960 Any know these camping places be this years couse booking hotel is imposoble for first september week :D https://www.rallyestonia.com/en/spectators/accommodation/

cali
3rd July 2020, 09:28
1960 Any know these camping places be this years couse booking hotel is imposoble for first september week :D https://www.rallyestonia.com/en/spectators/accommodation/As the rumours started to spread this massive booking of accomodation started so you have no chances of getting accomodation close to rally. I would suggest to look for as far away as Võru (some 75 km to Tartu) and Viljandi (approx 75 kms)

Tauri_J
3rd July 2020, 10:29
Yesterday evening I checked 4-6th september on Airbnb and there were still apartments available in Tartu with reasonable prices.

linni
3rd July 2020, 14:40
I checked accommodation as soon as the news came. Momentarily the whole South of Estonia was basically sold out in Booking.
Lucky me, I have a summer house in the area.

linni
3rd July 2020, 14:46
1960 Any know these camping places be this years couse booking hotel is imposoble for first september week :D https://www.rallyestonia.com/en/spectators/accommodation/

We don`t have so strickt laws in here as in the western part of Europe.
If you see some comfy place and there is no sign of being a private property, you can easily camp there.
Unfortunately, almost all the lake sites are private property.

SubaruNorway
3rd July 2020, 15:50
On a rally here in Norway running on August 22nd you will only be allowed to spectate if you ask someone if you can stand in their garden...

the sniper
3rd July 2020, 17:34
On a rally here in Norway running on August 22nd you will only be allowed to spectate if you ask someone if you can stand in their garden...

Seems ridiculous, encouraging people to go and talk to each other rather than stand in the middle of nowhere!

I hope you know some people with well placed gardens! :D

Rally Power
3rd July 2020, 18:14
Congrats to Estonian organizers and all local rally fans, starting with forum friends, for being on the WRC! It’ll certainly be a fantastic rally to follow after such a long break.

Fingers crossed for Ypres; it’d be another amazing event on this year extraordinary WRC season.

EstWRC
3rd July 2020, 18:21

Besides the mentioned citys and county’s , Viljandi, Võru and Tartu check also Põlva county. Just checked from Airbnb and there is many places available for The rally dates.

Tarmop
4th July 2020, 08:23
No, I guess around 40-50

You are being too optimistic. Without the WRC status, with 3x more spectators it was already around that. Now add WRC, max. 15k spectators and COVID-19 limitations and it will most probably be 100+. Same scenario is already happening with practically all the other (not-cancelled) summer events .

cali
4th July 2020, 10:33
You are being too optimistic. Without the WRC status, with 3x more spectators it was already around that. Now add WRC, max. 15k spectators and COVID-19 limitations and it will most probably be 100+. Same scenario is already happening with practically all the other (not-cancelled) summer events .My guess is as well approx 80-100 euros

ArviPommer
4th July 2020, 18:54
We definitely recommend you to go and experience top level racing! Kulbilohu rallycross track is the end point for WRC @rallyestonia Vellavere stage, so it is a great chance for all rally fans to see, what to excpect!

Tauri_J
4th July 2020, 21:53
Last year it was only 18 if you bought it very early.

Obviously different circumstances now, but we'll see.

bomber21
5th July 2020, 18:57
Even if without foreigners or few foreigners, the rally will be crowded.
Last year in Salou, I saw MYRIADS of Estonians. They were everywhere. I saw hundreds of mothers carrying their babies in the rough fields of Gandeza and other Spanish villages, I saw thousands of estonian vehicles in the national road, I saw them sleeping overnight in the special stages.
They have passion for this and I admire them.

surdna
7th July 2020, 09:40
fun fact, in year 2014 estonian rally website motosport.ee posted a april joke that in year 2020 rally estonia will bring WRC championship stage to estonia, sometimes you have to be carful with your jokes :cool:
https://motorsport.ee/estonia-rally-toob-2020-aastal-eestisse-autoralli-mm-etapi

Fast Eddie WRC
7th July 2020, 11:00
Breen for 3rd Hyundai seat:

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/breen-set-for-hyundai-wrc-rally-estonia-seat/

Tarmop
8th July 2020, 16:34
Just sayin about your tweet, Pante.
Yes, but it is the same and would be the same in NORF...there will be cheaper options.
...COVID...and a years income, everyvbody wants to live.

cali
8th July 2020, 17:24
Just sayin about your tweet, Pante.
Yes, but it is the same and would be the same in NORF...there will be cheaper options.
...COVID...and a years income, everyvbody wants to live.Oh come on man! This is ridicilous, a 2 bedroom flat for the night for 1200 eur??!!!
There's no justification for this and those bummers are sending quite bad signal to the rest of the world's rallying community.

Tauri_J
8th July 2020, 18:08
Still seeing free apartments 4-6th september. One is basically next to service park. It is small but even has a sauna. 150 euros for a night.

https://www.upload.ee/image/11984088/Screenshot_2020-07-08-20-54-36-157_com.airbnb.android.png

EstWRC
8th July 2020, 18:21
Oh come on man! This is ridicilous, a 2 bedroom flat for the night for 1200 eur??!!!
There's no justification for this and those bummers are sending quite bad signal to the rest of the world rallying community.

Agreed. Those prices are beyond ridiculous.

The tweets reached out to Estonian media too.

pantealex
8th July 2020, 18:35

The tweets reached out to Estonian media too.

Official "Rally Estonia" social media (Twitter, FB and IG) reacted to it.
They are asking that people should keep prices "human level"

Estonian rally fans will suffer also because all prices will be higher than ever before in Estonian rally events
-Rally Pass how many €
-Wiener (sausage) 2-3€
-Beer not so cheap anymore
-Parking is probably not free

But Rally will be great!

Finnish Championship event is same time so most of Finnish privateers will not enter Rally Estonia

cali
8th July 2020, 18:39

The tweets reached out to Estonian media too.Hopefully these tweets will bring some of our bums back to earth

masa90
8th July 2020, 19:46
Has there been possibility to stay in a RV or camping areas? I do not really know too much about Estonian laws and possibilities on that area. In Finland we stay in either of those. Hotels are just too expensive during the rally.

linni
8th July 2020, 21:18
https://loodusegakoos.ee/where-to-go

This is a state property, check out the camping sites. Free.

Private areas:
https://www.visitestonia.com/en/search?newsearch=newsearch&q=&oldcategory=accommodation&category=accommodation&oldregion=louna&region=louna&resultscount=20&sortby=&dir=&lat=&lng=&type%5B%5D=yldine_majutus_puhk&selected_pager=1&total_results=404&ajaxReq=false

Rallyper
9th July 2020, 09:14
What about enter the rally region via Riga in Latvia? Not many km to Valga which is situated about same distance to Ottepää region as Tartu.

That should be from southern countries. Not finnish spectators I guess...

linni
9th July 2020, 11:30
Not a bad idea either.

At the same time you could visit Alko1000 store in Valka (Latvian side of the border) to equip with some VERY cheap breweries.

HarriK
9th July 2020, 19:48
Any route details yet?
4person apartment booked in Tarto centrum. Hopefully corona stays away...

Tauri_J
10th July 2020, 12:12
You are being too optimistic. Without the WRC status, with 3x more spectators it was already around that. Now add WRC, max. 15k spectators and COVID-19 limitations and it will most probably be 100+. Same scenario is already happening with practically all the other (not-cancelled) summer events .

My guess is as well approx 80-100 euros

https://sport.postimees.ee/7014626/eesti-wrc-etapile-saab-rallipassi-moistliku-hinnaga-loodetavasti-ka-majutuse?_ga=2.172074597.736491145.1591901351-709570904.1564336628

Guess I was not that optimistic.
Long story short, rally passes will be with reasonable prices.

AnttiL
10th July 2020, 15:16
https://www.rallit.fi/viron-mm-rallissa-toyotalle-hyvin-sopiva-saantomuutos-tommi-makinenkin-innoissaan-nyt-on-vimpan-paalle-mietitty/

Starting order will be changed already at Saturday midday service into reversed order of current standings. Good news for Ogier and Evans.

Tauri_J
10th July 2020, 15:58
Google translate is really bad translating finnish.

Reverse championship order or reversed RE standings from that point?

AnttiL
10th July 2020, 17:02
Reversed RE standings of course. What would be done before Saturday morning is now done at Saturday noon because the rally runs for two days only.

Tauri_J
10th July 2020, 18:00
Well, if its really dry and loose they could still be first on the road even after midday service.

AnttiL
10th July 2020, 19:49
Well, if its really dry and loose they could still be first on the road even after midday service.

Well at least Katsuta will most likely be the slowest WRC (or maybe we have Georg Gross or Loubet or someone else on a WRC car?), someone might run into trouble.

Fast Eddie WRC
10th July 2020, 20:23
Confirmation by Dirtfish..

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/road-order-rules-changed-for-estonia-in-boost-for-ogier/

pantealex
10th July 2020, 20:32
Well at least Katsuta will most likely be the slowest WRC (or maybe we have Georg Gross or Loubet or someone else on a WRC car?), someone might run into trouble.

2020 Katsuta has never been slowest WRC, that´s Greensmith´s job :)

AnttiL
10th July 2020, 20:49
2020 Katsuta has never been slowest WRC, that´s Greensmith´s job :)

Do we have a hint that Greensmith will start in Estonia?

Tauri_J
10th July 2020, 21:10
Damn, I'd really like to see the itinerary already. 160 km saturday is a long long day.

rallyfiend
10th July 2020, 21:56
[QUOTE=AnttiL;1247819]Do we have a hint that Greensmith will start in Estonia?[/QUOTE

There would be little benefit for Greensmith to bother with Estonia if it's not going to be a future event.

I imagine this will be the same attitude for many WRC2/3 drivers

EstWRC
10th July 2020, 21:58
https://www.rallit.fi/viron-mm-rallissa-toyotalle-hyvin-sopiva-saantomuutos-tommi-makinenkin-innoissaan-nyt-on-vimpan-paalle-mietitty/

Starting order will be changed already at Saturday midday service into reversed order of current standings. Good news for Ogier and Evans.

Ogier having a laugh again....

cali
11th July 2020, 09:26
Ogier having a laugh again....But I welcome this it should be like this in every rally

pantealex
11th July 2020, 16:02
Do we have a hint that Greensmith will start in Estonia?

No. But plan was all EURO events.

MSport "Star" Deividas Jocius shoud be there ...
or did he retire completely?

denkimi
12th July 2020, 02:06
Damn, I'd really like to see the itinerary already. 160 km saturday is a long long day.
Basically as long as a lot of local rally's.

EstWRC
14th July 2020, 19:51
16 000 attenders will be allowed.

Rallypass will be 65 euros and you will be allowed to see 5 stages with it. There will be like 16 different packages of passes to choose from.

The rally passes are divided into 16 different packages, each package sells 1000 pieces. Through this, the organizer can ensure that each group of 1000 members moves in their own time and location channel according to a different program of the whole rally weekend. The groups of 1000 members given in the area and during the rally do not come into contact with each other and do not mix.

The packages will be made available in the end of July.

PLuto
14th July 2020, 20:06
16 000 attenders will be allowed.

Rallypass will be 65 euros and you will be allowed to see 5 stages with it. There will be like 16 different packages of passes to choose from.

The rally passes are divided into 16 different packages, each package sells 1000 pieces. Through this, the organizer can ensure that each group of 1000 members moves in their own time and location channel according to a different program of the whole rally weekend. The groups of 1000 members given in the area and during the rally do not come into contact with each other and do not mix.

The packages will be made available in the end of July.

To say the truth, I am curious how this should work...

Tauri_J
14th July 2020, 20:20
It wont, there will be people all over the forest. How in the world they can control it?

MartijnS
14th July 2020, 20:33
Sounds like a reasonable solution but I guess it won’t be controllable indeed.

denkimi
14th July 2020, 21:35
it doesn't need to be controlled, they just make it look like that.

masa90
15th July 2020, 05:06
Sounds reasonable. Shame that the tickets will probably fly off the shelves.

meh
15th July 2020, 09:27
Sounds like a reasonable solution but I guess it won’t be controllable indeed.

it doesn't need to be controlled, they just make it look like that.

Some things you should consider with this mindset:
- Aava talks often, that this is just a start (expectation is to have more WRC events in Estonia) and they NEED to do perfect rally, they need to show to the world, that they are the best = they can not fail
- Estonian government is heavily involved, they can not fail either

Personally I expect police and other structures strongly involved to keep this event like it's planned on the paper.

I don't recommend to have "a plan" to just go out and "let's watch it from some forest".

Fast Eddie WRC
15th July 2020, 10:44
All the 00-cars going through before the rally cars will be crucial to checking the spectators. If fans dont obey they can be responsible for stages being cancelled.

linni
15th July 2020, 13:48
Thre was an interview on the radio with org. commity and they told they are covering all the forest entrances and if you do not have a rally pass do not even try to get to the stage. Might be true. But definitly will take a huge human resource to control it. And definitely they are not able to cover all the forest paths.

cali
15th July 2020, 14:26
Thre was an interview on the radio with org. commity and they told they are covering all the forest entrances and if you do not have a rally pass do not even try to get to the stage. Might be true. But definitly will take a huge human resource to control it. And definitely they are not able to cover all the forest paths.Aava said yesterday approx 2500 officials working during the rally. That says it all

rallyfiend
15th July 2020, 16:34
Aava said yesterday approx 2500 officials working during the rally. That says it all

Best way to get a guaranteed ticket and chance for the best spectating!

denkimi
15th July 2020, 17:50
Aava said yesterday approx 2500 officials working during the rally. That says it all

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, but that probably will be way to less to enforce those rules.

Rally germany has about 3000 people working, finland about 4500. And they get nowhere near the lockdown off stages estonia wants to achieve.

br21
15th July 2020, 19:53
forests (areas with rally roads) in Estonia are private or national? if national I can't see any way to not allow people go into forest, you can't close it and sell tickets for some small amount of people...

linni
15th July 2020, 20:04
Even if he forest is private, according to Estonian law if the road into the forest / area does not have any sign to be private area or if the road is not closed by fence / gates / boom, person is allowed to enter the area from sunrise to sunset.

cali
16th July 2020, 07:34
forests (areas with rally roads) in Estonia are private or national? if national I can't see any way to not allow people go into forest, you can't close it and sell tickets for some small amount of people...Both private and national are being used

pantealex
16th July 2020, 08:08
Both private and national are being used

Same situation in Finland and during Rally they can close all access roads and sell tickets to everyone.
I see it like Rally Organization has rented those areas and have control.

My advice would be:
Buy ticket or stay home.

I hope spectators don´t ruin the Rally.

Franky
16th July 2020, 09:32
My advice would be:
Buy ticket or stay home.

I hope spectators don´t ruin the Rally.

Same. Really hope that people would use their head more in this situation. Either follow the rules or follow it online.

Fast Eddie WRC
16th July 2020, 13:44
You can always legally close off parts of the countryside or forests temporarily. Many types of events do this for the safety of the public, not just when they want to charge people.

If it was closing off public access permanently, that would need a law change.

Fast Eddie WRC
18th July 2020, 21:02
Possible threat to M-Sport entry... :(

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdOcQXoXYAgbKZj?format=png&name=small

Richard Millener, head of M-Sport's rally department, told Motorsport News that quarantine would be too much for the team.

"I have been asked this and the answer is two letters: € and £. There is no option for our budget to allow employees to sit in Estonia for just two weeks," Millener said.

"It wouldn't make sense to quarantine the hotel for two weeks anyway. Even if the race organizers and the FIA ​​paid the costs, it would be very difficult for me to ask the staff to come several weeks in advance and then go straight from Estonia to Turkey and maybe Belgium for the rally." he added.

Source:
https://m.sport.delfi.ee/wrc/article.php?id=90480811

GigiGalliNo1
19th July 2020, 05:27
It's getting out of hand really...

Just get each team member tested everyday. Cost of the event organizers/FIA

It can't be that freaking hard!

pantealex
19th July 2020, 06:45
It's getting out of hand really...

Just get each team member tested everyday. Cost of the event organizers/FIA

It can't be that freaking hard!

You really don´t understand how this virus works.

br21
19th July 2020, 19:26
If you think only those ~16k people who will have tickets will come to event then I think you're bit wrong. If no border restrictions it may be most attended WRC event in recent years... Whole Estonia coming to see Tanak, huge amounts of people from Latvia/Lithuania, Poland. For sure a lot of people from Finland (already many of then in Viru). And quite many others. This I'm sure about. Doesn't matter if I like it or not, but that's the reality.

flat_right
20th July 2020, 08:09
Would it be possible to make a special deal with government for example that M-Sport arrives let's say 3-5 days before the right time and they will test every team member every day and if there is no sign for disease then everything is ok. But I think there will be some kind of solution that M-Sport can participate. Our prime minister (and generally the whole government) is pro-rally (Rally Estonia) so I can imagine some kind of special deal put in place.

OHL
20th July 2020, 08:58
Would it be possible to make a special deal with government for example that M-Sport arrives let's say 3-5 days before the right time and they will test every team member every day and if there is no sign for disease then everything is ok. But I think there will be some kind of solution that M-Sport can participate. Our prime minister (and generally the whole government) is pro-rally (Rally Estonia) so I can imagine some kind of special deal put in place.

In theory, yes. But the trouble comes soon after you make a decision like that because what you allow for one, you have to allow for all. I cannot even imagine the lawsuits that would be flying around from event organizers over lost revenue if some non-linear regulations were applied whose sole criteria were how much someone in authority liked or disliked a particular type of event. I think no one in government even dares to consider something like this. It's unfortunate but they would have to err on the side of caution and rightfully so. To say nothing about the potential risk of being responsible to green-light an event that resulted in an outbreak.

AnttiL
20th July 2020, 10:59
Tänak is suggesting that only Estonian spectators should be allowed. Original source is a Betsafe blog

https://www.rallit.fi/ott-tanakilta-varsin-mielenkiintoinen-ehdotus-viron-mm-ralliin-vain-virolaisia-katsojia/

denkimi
20th July 2020, 11:36
The problem is that you could get infected the day before, fly over there and test negative, and a few days later only test positive.

What they could do is ask everyone to quarantaine themself at home for a week before flying over and getting tested. If anyone is infected then, they should surely test positive.

Franky
20th July 2020, 13:44
Could M-Sport partially use their workforce from Poland?

pantealex
20th July 2020, 16:47
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.formula-1-fia-and-agpc-announce-cancellation-of-the-2020-australian-grand.KKpXZDcd77WbO6T0MGoO7.html

After the debacle of the OZ GP cant see the FIA going with any other option than no quarantine for anyone. Think having had their fingers burned with what happened with McLaren the fall out from one of the teams having team members test positive just before the rally would be massive.

FIA doesn´t decide who can go to Estonia...

br21
20th July 2020, 17:49
List of people allowed or not is updated every Friday. According to latest list not allowed are: Luxembourg, Sweden, Portugal, San Marino, Bulgaria, Romania, Andorra, Croatia, Iceland and Spain. Close to the edge are: Switzerland, Austria, Czech Rep., UK, Belgium, Slovenia, France, Poland...
Couple of weeks ago mysef I was in the situation when I was supposed to go testing to Latvia and Estonia and in last moment couldn't make it, as my country was banned on Friday and I was supposed to go on Monday...

Rallyper
21st July 2020, 10:43
You really don´t understand how this virus works.

I still would say frequently testing works in this special cases. It works in other sports.

Of course special measures have to be taken at SP and other clusters.

Edit: Having read more in this Topic, I´d say Rally Estonia isn´t to be done. You never have a World Series excluding a team on these conditions. Never.

Fast Eddie WRC
21st July 2020, 14:45
ONS Official stats:
During the most recent week (6 July to 12 July), we estimate there were two new COVID-19 infections for every 10,000 individuals in the community population in England.

So that's 20 per 100,000 and above the threshold of 16 allowed for people to enter Estonia.

Another concern is where M-Sport is based in NW England:

'Several areas in England are experiencing a surge in new coronavirus cases, with places in the North West appearing most at risk to a second wave of infections similar to the one seen in (now locked down) Leicester.

Steve Boyd
21st July 2020, 17:49
ONS Official stats:
During the most recent week (6 July to 12 July), we estimate there were two new COVID-19 infections for every 10,000 individuals in the community population in England.

So that's 20 per 100,000 and above the threshold of 16 allowed for people to enter Estonia.

Another concern is where M-Sport is based in NW England:

'Several areas in England are experiencing a surge in new coronavirus cases, with places in the North West appearing most at risk to a second wave of infections similar to the one seen in (now locked down) Leicester.

Cockermouth, where MSport are based, is over 100 km from the areas of NW England where the surge in virus cases has been recorded.

Fast Eddie WRC
21st July 2020, 18:08
Cockermouth, where MSport are based, is over 100 km from the areas of NW England where the surge in virus cases has been recorded.

Indeed, but NW England is the general area and that could be what takes the attention of the Estonian authorities.

Tourism is also opening up in the Lake District which is exactly where M-Sport is based, so a spike there is also quite possible.

cali
21st July 2020, 18:10
I would not put much worry on this matter, I'm pretty sure there's a solution for this

the sniper
21st July 2020, 22:51

Plus Cockermouth and the area around it are completely different from the kind of urban areas in the NW, like most of the other affected areas in England, that are experiencing localised increases in cases...

cali
22nd July 2020, 04:24
I would not put much worry on this matter, I'm pretty sure there's a solution for this

Sent from my GM1913 using TapatalkI'll reply to myself.
Solution 1 - few days before M-Sport staff is packing and starting to leave they will perform testing for COVID. Same is to be done few days later when arriving to the destination. The result of a first tests are sent to the rally HQ which forwards the results to the state, permissions are given or denied based on these results. Also this can be done already earlier as the rally organisers and hosting country can pretty much monitor the situation within the team. Also you can create isolation in a Hotel where they are staying etc. bcs our hotels are usually quite small.
There's always risks but it's doable.

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd July 2020, 11:42
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2264/1623/products/9bcb3762-720a-4067-8f6f-3661b2abbcb8_480x480.jpg?v=1594935354

HarriK
22nd July 2020, 16:12
1961just leave this to here...

Fast Eddie WRC
25th July 2020, 21:24
The UK has just ordered all people coming here from Spain to quarantine. The Govt has said to avoid non-essential travel there.

This can happen to any country and any at time. There's no certainty for organisers of rallies.

BBC News - Coronavirus: Spain drives fears of European 'second wave'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53539015

GigiGalliNo1
27th July 2020, 08:52
For Australian's it's illegal to fly out of the country at the moment... and international flights are limited to about 35 passengers per aircraft including the A380.

14 days mandatory self quarantine. Now at the cost of the person where you are taken to a hotel. From a week ago, the government was forking out about Euro 1500 for this per person but now you're forced to pay for it your self.

When I came back from WRC Mexico in March, I was lucky enough to do 14 days at my own home, not a hotel.

It wasn't hard either.

drive
28th July 2020, 12:36
here we go https://www.rallyestonia.ee/pealtvaatajale/rallipassid/rallipassid2020

sindroms
28th July 2020, 13:16
here we go https://www.rallyestonia.ee/pealtvaatajale/rallipassid/rallipassid2020

So spectators are allowed only in designed areas, right?

ToKu
28th July 2020, 13:18
Information avaliable only in Estonian, but as far as I understand collection of rally passes will be possible only through Estonian mail self pickup machines. Am I correct? Is it a clever move to get rid of spectators from outside Estonia without officially telling this sad news?

pantealex
28th July 2020, 14:12
So spectators are allowed only in designed areas, right?

Yes.
As said here before: There is 16 different tickets/ralllypasses , 1.000 pcs of each = Totally 16.000 spectators

Each 16 groups have their own spectating areas.

Franky
28th July 2020, 15:34
Information avaliable only in Estonian, but as far as I understand collection of rally passes will be possible only through Estonian mail self pickup machines. Am I correct? Is it a clever move to get rid of spectators from outside Estonia without officially telling this sad news?

The pickups are easy. You basically get an SMS with a code that opens a box at the location.

All rally passes will be connected to the spectator's personal ID.

Fast Eddie WRC
28th July 2020, 16:35
BBC News - Coronavirus: German officials 'very concerned' by rising cases
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53566880

ToKu
28th July 2020, 16:54
The pickups are easy. You basically get an SMS with a code that opens a box at the location.

All rally passes will be connected to the spectator's personal ID.

In Poland if You don't pickup within 7 days, the package returns to sender. If rules are the same, then I'll need to show up in Estonia twice - once to pickup, second time for a rally.

EstWRC
28th July 2020, 17:22
im surprised nobody isnt whining here yet about the places?

a lot of that going on at estonian forum, i honestly dont get what did they expect.

cali
28th July 2020, 17:26
im surprised nobody isnt whining here yet about the places?

a lot of that going on at estonian forum, i honestly dont get what did they expect.Don't care really. As long as I can be there
I don't really visit this rally(whining)foorum.ee anymore

Fast Eddie WRC
28th July 2020, 18:19
Itinerary
https://www.rallyestonia.com/userfiles/WRCRE2020_App1_Itinerary_2407.pdf

drive
28th July 2020, 20:33
any stage maps?

linni
28th July 2020, 20:45
any stage maps?

Not yet.

erikli2
29th July 2020, 10:19
Wonder if they will use the super-fast stages that's been used by Rally Estonia before, I did the rally in J-ERC once and we had a higher average speed in our R2 on some stages than Ogier had on Ouninpoja the same year 😁

Jarek Z
29th July 2020, 11:14
Kajto confirmed his participation in Rally Estonia:
https://kajto.pl/en/2020/07/24/kajetan-kajetanowicz-returns-to-competition/

EstWRC
29th July 2020, 11:38
Wonder if they will use the super-fast stages that's been used by Rally Estonia before, I did the rally in J-ERC once and we had a higher average speed in our R2 on some stages than Ogier had on Ouninpoja the same year ��

they have added narrower parts and chicanes as i understand to bring the speed down,

it would be crazy fast otherwise

erikli2
29th July 2020, 11:55
they have added narrower parts and chicanes as i understand to bring the speed down,

it would be crazy fast otherwise

Makes sense. Will be interesting if there will be a lot of obsticles on the inside of the corners, so easy to cut since there's barely no ditches. I remember doing the recce behind Lukyanuk, he drove more outside the road than on the road.

ToKu
29th July 2020, 12:40
Ok, I recived reply from organizers, and yes, I will need to show up in Estonia twice, once just to collect a rallypass (it will wait for 7 days only). Arghhh!

linni
29th July 2020, 12:55
Ok, I recived reply from organizers, and yes, I will need to show up in Estonia twice, once just to collect a rallypass (it will wait for 7 days only). Arghhh!

I am pretty sure you can find some local forum membr to do it for you.

P.S. Delivery will be done via Omniva, they have pickup boxes also in Lithuania, maybe you can find one here, which is close enough to you:
https://www.omniva.ee/private/map

meh
29th July 2020, 15:42

That is a bit surprising there is no solution for that - like picking up pre-ordered rally-passes when arriving to actual rally event. Or they just don't expect / wait too many foreign visitors...

I hope local rally fans help foreign fans out with that. As I will not go myself, then my own logistic is not helpful here.

EstWRC
29th July 2020, 16:01
i can help you out guys if you order them to Tallinn, i will be here until the first week of September

the entire rally week (first week of september) i will be in south-estonia, so we can meet there somewhere to give you the passes.

anyway PM me to talk further.

ToKu
29th July 2020, 17:08
I think I'll try to order it to Lithuania, it is just 200 km, thanks for a tip.

drive
29th July 2020, 17:49
ok, and any tips from estonians fans with ticket types to choose? we were thinking even to buy 2 types of tickets each, wonder if system would allow that?

cali
29th July 2020, 17:56
ok, and any tips from estonians fans with ticket types to choose? we were thinking even to buy 2 types of tickets each, wonder if system would allow that?I like your thinking....

Tauri_J
29th July 2020, 18:58
Thats not allowed and those designated spectator areas are crap. If you just started going to rallies then you would have a good day, but as and experienced guy...not worth the money and risk of getting infected because spectators treated like cattle.

meh
29th July 2020, 19:09
ok, and any tips from estonians fans with ticket types to choose? we were thinking even to buy 2 types of tickets each, wonder if system would allow that?

tickets are personalized (related to your personal id / social security number), so there can be some block for that.

meh
29th July 2020, 19:11
Thats not allowed and those designated spectator areas are crap. If you just started going to rallies then you would have a good day, but as and experienced guy...not worth the money and risk of getting infected because spectators treated like cattle.

This is your opinion. Realistic choices at the moment are: you have organized spectator areas and rally with some restrictions or you can enjoy covid.

drive
29th July 2020, 19:15
I'm an 'oldschool' rally fan, barely watched rally from the spectators zone any rally... forests and open fields are my style... OK, now I'm ready to get to 'spectators zones', understand, COVID and stuff... strict tickets (still wonder how they going to control)... I've been to rally Estonia few times, but never been in those available 'herd zones', so I'm asking for help where to go with expectation for more speed corners, less junction corners :) as from tickets availability I didnt notice any places I've visited in few last years...

drive
29th July 2020, 19:18
tickets are personalized (related to your personal id / social security number), so there can be some block for that.

yes, but if I buy two tickets with my info... guess we'll know next Tue when we WILL crash ticket system with too many requests... :)

meh
29th July 2020, 19:20
yes, but if I buy two tickets with my info... guess we'll know next Tue when we WILL crash ticket system with too many requests... :)

entire goal for this personalized system is "do not mix people in different groups" (max group size is 1000 people, 16 groups) because those are the rules for public events during covid times.

drive
29th July 2020, 19:25
entire goal for this personalized system is "do not mix people in different groups" because those are the rules for public events during covid times.

yes, could be! missed this point while trying to make a plan how to see more :) makes sense!

Tauri_J
29th July 2020, 20:14
This is your opinion. Realistic choices at the moment are: you have organized spectator areas and rally with some restrictions or you can enjoy covid.

Enjoy covid when you are alone in the forest and watching cars go by...right.

Franky
29th July 2020, 20:36
Enjoy covid when you are alone in the forest and watching cars go by...right.

If there's no strict crowd control, there's no controlling of the crowd movement at all. You can't think from the point of view of a single person in this case.

Tauri_J
29th July 2020, 22:13
Sadly its too strict and could backfire terribly, but we'll see. My prediction is that there'll be more people out of those zones than in 'em.

Franky
30th July 2020, 11:55
Sadly its too strict and could backfire terribly, but we'll see. My prediction is that there'll be more people out of those zones than in 'em.

One thing that I hadn't thought about before is that they've sort of enabled contact tracing.

meh
31st July 2020, 11:43
One idiot run around (like cinema, night club, etc) while spreading covid. Now Tartu (hosting city for Rally Estonia) is a bit problematic place already from corona point of view. Should prepare our minds for bad scenarios as well.

https://news.err.ee/1119298/three-tartu-university-hospital-employees-infected-with-covid-19

Some related news in estonian:
- https://www.delfi.ee/news/paevauudised/eesti/graafika-kui-palju-nakatunuid-toi-tartu-koroonapuhang-nadalaga?id=90608609
- https://www.delfi.ee/news/paevauudised/eesti/kolmel-tartu-ulikooli-kliinikumi-tootajal-tuvastati-koroonaviirus-kehtestati-kulastuskeeld?id=90609565

Trend is not good at the moment.

ceemic
31st July 2020, 11:50
This is just the beginning.
If the rally even happens, it will happen without 16000 spectators...

Franky
31st July 2020, 12:24
Don't be so doom and gloom already. It's a month to go. Just need to hope that it will be enough of a reminder for people to behave reasonably in the current mad world.

Tauri_J
31st July 2020, 17:07
Organizers wont be selling tickets to people who are from "red" zone countries(covid coefficient >17,6)

linni
4th August 2020, 07:56
What a mess with servers!
Luckily tickets purchased, by son. Myself couldn`t get further the tickets page.

Tauri_J
4th August 2020, 08:26
What a massacre, people are so pissed. Got 4 tickets

drive
4th August 2020, 08:43
from Lithuania still waiting, and quite a few of us ...

Franky
4th August 2020, 08:51
What a massacre, people are so pissed. Got 4 tickets

If over 16000 people keep pressing their already polished F5 buttons, you have a tiny brigade of cyber terrorists :D

drive
4th August 2020, 09:05
I dont think many pressing F5, as message on the screen is:
Our site is pretty busy right now, but please hold on and you'll get in soon. This page will refresh automatically, keep this page open or you may lose your slot.

drive
4th August 2020, 10:42
ok, now I can pack my masks and other stuff, going with ticket 7 :)

linni
4th August 2020, 11:50
Our site is pretty busy right now, but please hold on and you'll get in soon. This page will refresh automatically, keep this page open or you may lose your slot.

This message is total BS. Without refreshing you can wait until the hell freezes.
Only refreshing moves you on with ticketing process.

cali
4th August 2020, 12:02
If over 16000 people keep pressing their already polished F5 buttons, you have a tiny brigade of cyber terrorists :DComplete cyberattack it was

ToKu
4th August 2020, 12:51
Had no luck. I was trying from 8:45 (9:45 in Estonia) i was using two machines. One was refreshing second just waited (the message said so).

around 11 *estonia time i was able to proceed to shop, but unfortunately rally passes; "Pass ei ole saadaval." which means I believe that they run out.

Hope I will visit the rally next year then. I was there 2019 and it was really good rally. Kambja stage (former Maritsa i believe) is super spectacular. PM me for location of one of the longest jumps I witnessed last year (Maritsa, Puugi and Aiaste)

Oliverk
4th August 2020, 13:03
Had no luck. I was trying from 8:45 (9:45 in Estonia) i was using two machines. One was refreshing second just waited (the message said so).

around 11 *estonia time i was able to proceed to shop, but unfortunately rally passes; "Pass ei ole saadaval." which means I believe that they run out.

Hope I will visit the rally next year then. I was there 2019 and it was really good rally. Kambja stage (former Maritsa i believe) is super spectacular. PM me for location of one of the longest jumps I witnessed last year (Maritsa, Puugi and Aiaste)

You have to choose right pass from the menu. Pass nr1 sold out quick and it was default one. There is still passes available in site.

pantealex
4th August 2020, 14:36
You had to give "personal details" for every ticket and only that one can use that ticket, you can´t give/sell your ticket to other people.

I hope this system works and "black market sellers" can´t operate.

linni
4th August 2020, 14:52

There are still RP 8, RP 10, RP 13, RP 15 and RP 16 groups open for purchasing tickets.

EstWRC
5th August 2020, 06:47
just had a look and now everything has been sold out.

took an hour yesterday for me to refresh like 4 different browsers until i got in. Didnt get the package we wanted but got the second one in our list so all went good.

cant wait now, although im not still 100% sure if it goes ahead with the public, the rally itself will definitely go ahead.

Sardalense
5th August 2020, 09:14
https://europe.triathlon.org/news/article/european_triathlon_championships_tartu_cancelled1

The Triathlon European Championships that were to be held in Tartu one week before the rally were cancelled. The main problem was the inflexibility of the government to accept athletes from some countries due to the corona virus risk.

Tauri_J
5th August 2020, 09:27
Our Minister of Culture is still pushing for exemptions for teams who are coming from "red zone" countries.

AnttiL
14th August 2020, 08:12
Still no maps released?

svstock
14th August 2020, 17:49
Sportity
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sportity.app (android)
https://apps.apple.com/ee/app/sportity/id1344934434 (apple)

code: WRCRE2020

Sportity app is a digital notice board application in phones and tablets. Sportity app can be downloaded from Google Play or AppStore and password WRCRE2020 must be entered. Push notifications show any new document that is posted.

https://i.imgur.com/8sIrmaK.png

svstock
14th August 2020, 18:06
https://www.wrc.com/en/more/tv-guide/

Estonian local commercial TV channels showing all stages (on Kanal2, Kanal12 and postimees.ee web page guess it has geoblock), if you prefer ads less experience go for wrc+.
https://www.wrc.com/en/wrcplus/all-live/

https://i.imgur.com/fAbOds7.png

GigiGalliNo1
16th August 2020, 05:34
Just to let everyone know, media wise - there are massive restrictions on access.

If you have accreditation, you have to either choose one of the following.

Low Density and High Density areas.

The High Density area the Service Park and Team areas.

Low Density is everything outside of that Media Zone and areas on special stages dedicated for Media.

So the restrictions will be tight. I wonder how this will go for spectators... will spectators be allowed in the Service Park? As they'll be out in the stages!

The Podium Finish will be questionable... I know they will try to Pool Media on occasions so imagery/film is shared between agencies/teams and media outlets like in F1.

I can understand team media as there are two/three or four photographers so each snapper or camera person is allocated a dedicated job for the weekend, either out on stages or stuck in service capturing service and media activities. WRC TV will be fine as it's like that anyways.

Franky
16th August 2020, 07:58
Some rally pass package have service park access, but think those are also limited to a specific service. Didn't study the rally pass packages, so someone can correct me.

GigiGalliNo1
16th August 2020, 08:24
There might be some info sent out or published by the promoter / event organizers soon...

eib1
17th August 2020, 11:42
Entry list:

https://rallyestonia.com/userfiles/Entry%20List%20RALLY%20ESTONIA%202020_17082020.pdf

meh
17th August 2020, 13:02
Really nice list, especially the R5 one.

A lot of battles will be built and warmed up already this weekend with RedGrey South Estonia Rally:
https://lounaeestirally.ee/registered-competitors/?lang=en

Seems, that a lot of guys want to be "Estonian Chamption" ;) (because this rally does not belong to any other big series like ERC or WRC)

pantealex
17th August 2020, 20:39
Is Covid or money the reason why many British drivers didn´t enter
Yates? Ingram? Munnings? Armstrong?

Shame that Finnish rally championship is same weekend, so many leading Finns will drive in Finland
(Asunmaa, Heikkilä, Lindholm, Pynnönen and JWRC Joona)

pantealex
17th August 2020, 20:52
Loubet is M/T so he is driving for manufacturer team points for "HYUNDAI 2C Competition" (new rule for 2020)

the sniper
17th August 2020, 23:15

I'd guess Ingram and Armstrong are money, Yates and Munnings, not allowed out by their parents to play when they might catch a Covid...?

AnttiL
18th August 2020, 09:32
If we look at the entry list in detail...Four Toyotas (including Katsuta), four Hyundais (including Loubet), three M-Sport Fiestas (including Greensmith) and two private Fiestas (Georg Gross and Finnish gentleman driver Kimmo Kurkela on JanPro).

In WRC2 we have Østberg and Gryazin as the top contenders, with Veiby, Tidemand, Fourmaux and sligthly surprisingly Eyvind Brynildsen (on Toksport Fabia with Tidemand).

In WRC3 the favourites must be Oliver Solberg and Huttunen. Kajetanowicz and Pietarinen could also be in the mix. Ciamin is also back with the C3. And of course a strong line of Estonian entries including Karl Kruuda, in his first WRC event since Finland 2016.

AnttiL
18th August 2020, 09:34

Ingram hasn't had any starts this year, maybe he was expecting someone to start backing him after winning the ERC title, but nothing happened? Personal budget was probably already maxed out for last year...

meh
18th August 2020, 12:41
If we look at the entry list in detail...Four Toyotas (including Katsuta), four Hyundais (including Loubet), three M-Sport Fiestas (including Greensmith) and two private Fiestas (Georg Gross and Finnish gentleman driver Kimmo Kurkela on JanPro).

In WRC2 we have Østberg and Gryazin as the top contenders, with Veiby, Tidemand, Fourmaux and sligthly surprisingly Eyvind Brynildsen (on Toksport Fabia with Tidemand).

In WRC3 the favourites must be Oliver Solberg and Huttunen. Kajetanowicz and Pietarinen could also be in the mix. Ciamin is also back with the C3. And of course a strong line of Estonian entries including Karl Kruuda, in his first WRC event since Finland 2016.

* It's interesting to see how Hyundai can perform against Toyotas. Tänak may know roads, have a lot of tests, but Toyota have been really strong in those conditions.
* Keep an eye on Rovanperä, who has competed a lot in this region
* I think, without technical problems Solberg is untouchable by any guy with R5
* Both Kruudas (Karl and Gustav) are using Polo R5, but it's unknown how much experience or testing possibilities they have. Karl is/was fast for sure, but without proper testing it may hard to get feeling to the same level with the guys who just have Liepaja and South-Estonia rallies under belt

pantealex
18th August 2020, 14:37
Strange fact is that O.Solberg has 0 WRC2/3 podiums but still he is biggest favourite. In my mind also.

Rallyper
18th August 2020, 15:06
Strange fact is that O.Solberg has 0 WRC2/3 podiums but still he is biggest favourite. In my mind also.

I think he has to learn handling the even bigger pressure he will have in WRC2/3. He did manage pressure very well last weekend, however in WRC2/3 more is in the box to gain. If he can be as relaxed he seemed to be in Latvia, and not overdrive, it will be good for him. The speed is there anyway.

PLuto
18th August 2020, 16:38
I think he has to learn handling the even bigger pressure he will have in WRC2/3. He did manage pressure very well last weekend, however in WRC2/3 more is in the box to gain. If he can be as relaxed he seemed to be in Latvia, and not overdrive, it will be good for him. The speed is there anyway.

I think it is not only about pressure, but also about experience. He is very fast on fast gravel stages, that is without any doubt.

AnttiL
18th August 2020, 19:02
Solberg is the favourite because he has experience from Baltic gravel roads

Tauri_J
18th August 2020, 20:33
My dark horse pick for WRC3 win would be Egon Kaur.

dimviii
18th August 2020, 21:45
Gary Boyd KiwiWRCfan
@KiwiWRCfan
Estonian government creating 14 day isolation exemption for international athletes [and team members] that will be relevant for #WRC @RallyEstonia

https://news.err.ee/1125033/exemption-made-for-athletes-regarding-travel-for-competition

Fast Eddie WRC
19th August 2020, 10:55
Hopefully the organisers will be learning lessons from the recent ERC events and this one will be as safe as it can be now.

PLuto
19th August 2020, 12:10
Hopefully the organisers will be learning lessons from the recent ERC events and this one will be as safe as it can be now.

WRC people were on both ERC rounds, so I hope they have been watching and learning...

masa90
20th August 2020, 06:55
How did the recent Erc events go? Didn't really follow them.

drive
20th August 2020, 07:12
free movement for spectators, that helped a lot to avoid big crowds. Feeling was that this year less people came to watch. Organisers had a warning that 'limited tickets available' etc more than a week before rally, but you could buy tickets even on Sat...

Actually I was only on one spectator area (big jump) on Sun, and there were less people than usually. Other places we're watching were 'wild' ones, and very few people around... other mates I've met during the weekend had same impression.

HarriK
21st August 2020, 07:15
Still No route maps?
And no email about rally passes delivery?

Oliverk
21st August 2020, 07:45
Still No route maps?
And no email about rally passes delivery?

Rally maps will be in magazine sometimes later. Passes were already delivered beginning of this week. No email, you get SMS.

EstWRC
21st August 2020, 08:15
i got an email too

Tauri_J
21st August 2020, 09:19
http://planetemarcus.com/saison-wrc/wrc-rallye-estonie-2020/

Maps via Planetmarcus

Fast Eddie WRC
21st August 2020, 10:02
Elfyn Evans revved up for World Rally Championship return in Estonia:
https://www.motorsportuk.org/elfyn-evans-revved-up-for-world-rally-championship-return-in-estonia/

HarriK
21st August 2020, 10:44
i got an email too
I have not get email not sms

drive
21st August 2020, 11:07
still waiting for tickets in Lithuania also

MartijnS
21st August 2020, 12:26
http://planetemarcus.com/saison-wrc/wrc-rallye-estonie-2020/

Maps via Planetmarcus

Planetemarcus
@planetemarcus
·
42m
#WRC Due restricted public event i’m not allowed to publish full details of #RallyEstonia stages... Sorry but not Google Earth Map available for this time ��

Fast Eddie WRC
21st August 2020, 12:58
Gross with 2020 Fiesta WRC
https://dirtfish.com/rally/first-privateer-2020-fiesta-wrc-to-debut-in-south-estonia

ToKu
21st August 2020, 13:06
As they say, what happened in the Internet stays there forever:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1a5OynCjAyhKjl5IIVoRfxkgzffLB15as&ll=58.183383261252125%2C26.565273500000018&z=9

EstWRC
21st August 2020, 14:16
I have not get email not sms

be patient...some guys also got them like 2 days ago while i got it today.

if there isnt anything for 26th of august then write to them.

satnav
21st August 2020, 19:59
As they say, what happened in the Internet stays there forever:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1a5OynCjAyhKjl5IIVoRfxkgzffLB15as&ll=58.183383261252125%2C26.565273500000018&z=9

Access Denied

AnttiL
21st August 2020, 20:39
I can't write my route preview either if the route is not published in advance. Even if I had had the route, I wouldn't want to publish something that the organizers want to keep secret.

GigiGalliNo1
22nd August 2020, 05:13
AnttiL... perhaps still write the article/preview on your website but perhaps publish it on the Sunday after the rally so it could still be in the history books/online for the next edition of the Estonian WRC. Archived :)

HarriK
22nd August 2020, 06:40
Maps available
https://rallyestonia.ee/kohalikule/perimeeter/

meh
22nd August 2020, 15:27
I listened interview with Tarmo Hõbe (one of the key organizers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7H5_OCqRi4 (in Estonian)

Some random interesting take-aways:

* 96% of public is from Estonia
* 1000 covid tests organized for teams and participants

* 72h before stages area closed
* 24h before starts Police patrols to stages
* 2.5h before stage starts spectators can move to spectating area

* a lot of Rally Estonia organizers go and help to organize rally in Belgium
* Powerstage will be provided Live in Estonian cinemas
* every spectator area have big screens with live coverage

* site downtime or bottleneck when was "start" for buying tickets was initially caused by lag in IP based geo-location check

AnttiL
22nd August 2020, 16:54
Here's my route preview which I wrote up in a couple of hours. I'm not going through the details of the stages and their sections, just giving an overall view of the characteristics of the rally and the format of the event. Hopefully a better analysis next year.

http://itgetsfasternow.com/2020/08/22/route-preview-rally-estonia-2020/

EstWRC
23rd August 2020, 06:19
south-estonia rally live videos here https://sport.delfi.ee/news/auto/lounaeestiralli/otsepilt-ja-blogi-kuidas-laheb-tanakul-louna-eesti-ralli-avakatsel?id=90801499

gps maps http://gps.autorally.lv

the live is from SS1, SS3, SS6 and SS8

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd August 2020, 09:25
Lappi's lack of testing and seat time is showing. Only to be expected.

satukata
23rd August 2020, 09:48
south-estonia rally live videos here https://sport.delfi.ee/news/auto/lounaeestiralli/otsepilt-ja-blogi-kuidas-laheb-tanakul-louna-eesti-ralli-avakatsel?id=90801499

gps maps http://gps.autorally.lv

the live is from SS1, SS3, SS6 and SS8

Is there rallyradio? or only tv stages live radio?

EstWRC
23rd August 2020, 09:49
Is there rallyradio? or only tv stages live radio?

radio here http://radiomap.eu/ee/play/ring

ceemic
23rd August 2020, 10:08
4 out of 4 for Ott, not bad :)

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd August 2020, 10:46
Half-time report:
https://dirtfish.com/rally/tanak-heads-rovanpera-on-south-estonia-rally/

AnttiL
23rd August 2020, 10:48
4 out of 4 for Ott, not bad :)

And 4 2nd places for Kalle, not bad either

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd August 2020, 11:02
First rally a privateer has had a newer spec WRCar than a factory driver (Gross 2020-spec v Lappi 's hired Fiesta) ?

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd August 2020, 11:52
Top 6 in reverse order this afternoon so Lappi is opening the road and Tanak is 6th.

AnttiL
23rd August 2020, 12:14
Evans stopped

AnttiL
23rd August 2020, 12:15
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgGpSBpX0AAYWhD?format=jpg&name=large

AnttiL
23rd August 2020, 12:17
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgGpR0EXsAMdVf-?format=jpg&name=large

Crew OK

dimviii
23rd August 2020, 12:49
Evans crash
https://twitter.com/Karlip1/status/1297512500200693763

Karlip

Evans' crash details: they cut a corner too deep, hit something on the inside which threw them out into a forest. Hence why noone saw them off. #LERally

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgGo9p8XkAAGqjb?format=jpg&name=large

Tauri_J
23rd August 2020, 12:56
It was a tree stump.

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd August 2020, 13:02
Nice long jump by Lappi !

https://twitter.com/paddocknews/status/1297514787832766464

dimviii
23rd August 2020, 13:10
It was a tree stump.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgG1pf8WkAIZRYM?format=jpg&name=large

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd August 2020, 13:11
SS6 - win for Rovanpera.

cali
23rd August 2020, 13:38
Very impressed by Rovanperä

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd August 2020, 15:22
"We cut in too fast in a fast corner," Evans said. "Something was hiding in the grass and it threw us into the trees. There was quite a big accident, but luckily everything is fine with us.

It was definitely very good to come here and test the car. It is a pity that it ended early, but we are very much looking forward to Rally Estonia. "

Kalm
23rd August 2020, 15:49
SS7 Milworks - Kündja 2 - 14.56 km

Kempa Mikołaj - Szeja Marcin
"As you can see, I did (enjoy!). It was fast, like a rollercoaster. I compare it to *** with Pamela Anderson."

:D :D

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd August 2020, 15:54
SS8 - Lappi says it was a good test and he is sure he will be faster on Rally Estonia with the 'factory car'.

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd August 2020, 15:57
Rovanpera - 'We made good progress with the car'.

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd August 2020, 16:00
Tänak - "We have been working on the car for a long time, now it's time to make the car and ourselves sharper. Thank you to the organizers for a great rally, the most competitive rally so far i've ever had."

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd August 2020, 16:02
Neuville: "We were trying different settings throughout the day and that's good for the WRC rally where we have to push for it."

dimviii
23rd August 2020, 16:02
lol

Rovanperä Kalle - Halttunen Jonne
"It was a nice test event, good to be back in the car. For sure i'm a bit sad because we weren't the fastest Toyota every stage. We made good progress with the car."

dimviii
23rd August 2020, 16:12
Huttunen won Gryazin at last stage.

the sniper
23rd August 2020, 17:19
What a year for Huttunen so far!

Evans doesn't have much luck in Estonia...

Sala
23rd August 2020, 19:35
Also some clips from today rally. WRC and others https://youtu.be/1txDqc2GHNA

EstWRC
23rd August 2020, 20:01
the only thing im gonna say after this warm-up rally is that...

it such a shame Rally Finland didnt go ahead this year, i have a feeling it would have been an exciting fight between the Toyotas and Tänak.

pantealex
23rd August 2020, 20:11
lol

Rovanperä Kalle - Halttunen Jonne
"It was a nice test event, good to be back in the car. For sure i'm a bit sad because we weren't the fastest Toyota every stage. We made good progress with the car."

Yes, only 7 times fastest TGR and 1 time 0,1s slower than SebO ;)

dimviii
23rd August 2020, 21:52
Yes, only 7 times fastest TGR and 1 time 0,1s slower than SebO ;)

nobody said that he wasnt.

tr4m
24th August 2020, 04:22
the only thing im gonna say after this warm-up rally is that...

it such a shame Rally Finland didnt go ahead this year, i have a feeling it would have been an exciting fight between the Toyotas and Tänak.

Maybe cancellation of Rally Finland was exactly what Hyundai needed. Gave them more time and flexibility to develop the car.

EstWRC
24th August 2020, 04:27
PGrally video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeQvusQy8Hc&feature=youtu.be

cali
24th August 2020, 06:24
Tänak - "We have been working on the car for a long time, now it's time to make the car and ourselves sharper. Thank you to the organizers for a great rally, the most competitive rally so far i've ever had."

I actually heard the interview and this is interpreted wrongly or at least one word is left out which was "the most competitive rally I've ever had here (in Estonia)". Which was a direct shot against Urmo Aava and his RE team.
The he went on to say "everybody in Estonia including Rally Estonia crew tried to shut this rally down. Good rally without these fancy concerts. The organizers have worked hard for this rally." And then he went on to compare the different budgets of these 2 rallies (RE and RedGrey Rally).

It's well known fact that before RE got WRC status there was a meeting in Auto24 Ring where Ott confronted Urmo in a big way in front of a 80-90 people and I think he was right to do that as Urmo was undermining the planned Dirtfish rally by trying to convince the local landowners to forbid the use of their roads.
The hatchet still is not buried and I doubt it ever will as seen by this weekend.

Here's the original story, one can us a google translate if interested: https://sport.delfi.ee/news/auto/lounaeestiralli/tanak-tundis-voidust-rahulolu-kuid-torkas-teravalt-ralli-toimumist-takistanud-joude?id=90817769

meh
24th August 2020, 07:59
Rally was awesome - not too crowded, easy to spectate, in compacted area etc.

But aftertaste from "Lõuna-Eesti Rally team" vs "Rally Estonia team" is bitter. If Tänak-Märtin-Gross(?) will not co-operate with Aava-Hõbe-... (and vice-versa) then we can see some weird shit in the future also. Like originally cancelled Rally Estonia 2020 and working against South-Estonia Rally. That's really sad.

From South-Estonia rally itself - most of the thinks were kind of as expected:

* Tänak was fast
* Rovanperä was fast and fastest Toyota
* Really nice and intense fight in R5 category

Not that expected:

* Neuville just can not handle really fast roads (or had some technical or setup issues). When others went quite straight and smooth from really fast "curve", then Neuville was there side-ways.
* Lappi was too much off the pace but here we clearly don't know, how much it's caused by rental-car and how much driving

Clad that Evans-Martin didn't have any injuries from that crash and hopefully he can get some better emotion from this year Rally Estonia (back injury from last year Rally Estonia, crash in South-Estonia Rally).

Have you ever had some random national rally with this line-up? :)

sindroms
24th August 2020, 08:16
* Neuville just can not handle really fast roads (or had some technical or setup issues). When others went quite straight and smooth from really fast "curve", then Neuville was there side-ways.

Yes it was very noticeable. In our spot - rigthander over the crest, all Toyotas were in straight line while both Hyundai were throwed in sideway before crest.

AnttiL
24th August 2020, 08:31
Maybe cancellation of Rally Finland was exactly what Hyundai needed. Gave them more time and flexibility to develop the car.

I think Hyundai's problems in Finland have been related to landings of jumps, and there is less of that in Estonia. Additionally, Tänak is just unbeatable on these roads. We could see that from Neuville's performance in the same car.

cali
24th August 2020, 08:39
I did not expect that Ott would beat the Toyotas, actually anyone of them.
And these roads are not for Thierry, just another proof in the long run.

And it's rather early to make any conclusions based on this rally alone. Even though these rallies are quite close to each other, roads in RE are slightly different and still this was a testing event, not the real one.

AnttiL
24th August 2020, 08:45

And it's rather early to make any conclusions based on this rally alone. Even though these rallies are quite close to each other, roads in RE are slightly different and still this was a testing event, not the real one.

I made pickems for RE on a Finnish forum already before LE Rally and I put Tänak as the winner. In fact the whole top 6 that I put there was same as LE Rally overall after SS4...

It's true that this testing event is like a long shakedown, you might try setups, techniques etc, warm up or go for it at 100%. Impossible to make conclusions.

I haven't watched all onboards from LE Rally but based on what I've seen, LE Rally is closer to Rally Finland with more crests and crests over bends, RE is closer to Rally Poland with more flat terrain and longer straight sections. Of course both rallies have both kind of sections, but in different percentages.

cali
24th August 2020, 09:01
I made pickems for RE on a Finnish forum already before LE Rally and I put Tänak as the winner. In fact the whole top 6 that I put there was same as LE Rally overall after SS4...

It's true that this testing event is like a long shakedown, you might try setups, techniques etc, warm up or go for it at 100%. Impossible to make conclusions.

I haven't watched all onboards from LE Rally but based on what I've seen, LE Rally is closer to Rally Finland with more crests and crests over bends, RE is closer to Rally Poland with more flat terrain and longer straight sections. Of course both rallies have both kind of sections, but in different percentages.

Well I guess I had less confidence in Ott/Martin/Hyundai combo then.

Franky
24th August 2020, 09:34
But aftertaste from "Lõuna-Eesti Rally team" vs "Rally Estonia team" is bitter. If Tänak-Märtin-Gross(?) will not co-operate with Aava-Hõbe-... (and vice-versa) then we can see some weird shit in the future also. Like originally cancelled Rally Estonia 2020 and working against South-Estonia Rally. That's really sad.

Someone who knows all the bits should do a (as much as possible) complete story of that shitstorm. Starting with the move by Estonian ASN Autospordi Liit last year and finishing now. Might be an interesting rally soap opera read.

When it comes to what different fans write, at times I get a feeling many of them don't grasp what a WRC event means and that all the pieces needed to land perfectly to get it. I'm not surprised that the South Estonian Rally had limited number of spectators, officially. You don't want any media shitstorm and speculation, if there's an outbreak in Southern Estonia right before the WRC event and have any chance that it might be connected to a previous rally. From a human level it seems nothing, but when you consider the current climate because of corona and all the institutions who are interested in a relatively trouble free passing of the event, then we can only guess how many alarm bells a potential outbreak would ring in their offices.

I wouldn't be surprised, if there will be Rally Estonia connected cases after the WRC event.

meh
24th August 2020, 09:43
I can agree with this covid-risk point of view.

At the same time, it also provides some risk mitigation - teams are in Estonia 2 weeks earlier, if they carry covid with them, it provides time to handle those cases before Rally Estonia and it will not influence Rally Estonia that much.

My main concern is, what was Tänak's motivation to say it out loud.

KKSF
24th August 2020, 10:05
Louna Eesti Rally 2020 with all the main heroes from WRC, rally in Estonia 2 weeks before WRC Rally Estonia.
KKSF HD video: https://youtu.be/XTr_y67RBD4

EstWRC
24th August 2020, 10:10

i definitely expected him to win or at least fight for it, didnt actually expect that the other Toyotas except Kalle cant keep up with him.

Yeah you can argue about knowing the roads and etc, but for the morning loop he admitted he only knew the first part of the first stage and the second stage was completely new for him as well.

Well, we will see next week how the situation really is with everyone pushing and not holding back or testing.

meh
24th August 2020, 10:18
If I said Tänak was fast as expected, I didn't say hi was or expected to be dominant. Yes, he won 7/8 stages, but not with margins like last year in Rally Estonia. Additionally, last year he was first on the road doing that, this year he had road position advantage (and take disadvantage in to account for Ogier and Evans).

Fast Eddie WRC
24th August 2020, 20:23
Couple more pics of Evans car. Looks bad but the roof is untouched hence why the crew seem totally uninjured.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgK_4s6WAAA4898?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgK_4s8WkAE4Phn?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

AnttiL
24th August 2020, 20:30
the roof is untouched hence why the crew seem totally uninjured.

I don't understand this logic. Bad injuries can happen without the roof being damaged, for example if a tree or barrier gets inside the cabin.

In this case the car has clearly rolled end over end, hence the front and rear being smashed. It could still cause neck injuries in the high speeds.

The scary thing here is the door being ripped out, there's always the risk of something nasty getting inside the car.

HarriK
25th August 2020, 05:42
I still have not get any message about my rally-passes delivery. Tomorrow is deadline for those.
How about other foreigner people?

drive
25th August 2020, 08:28
re tickets - still waiting in Lithuania also.

re Louna rally - what a great rally it was... glad we went to see it, not so many spectators, we were free to choose where to go and or boy, what a beautiful roads for rally!!!!

Fast Eddie WRC
25th August 2020, 09:43
I don't understand this logic. Bad injuries can happen without the roof being damaged, for example if a tree or barrier gets inside the cabin.

In this case the car has clearly rolled end over end, hence the front and rear being smashed. It could still cause neck injuries in the high speeds.

The F & R are strong points whereas the roof and frame of the windscreen are less so. The neck is also protected by the Hans device.

'Evans told the DirtFish website: “We knew these cars were safe, but an accident like this one gives us more confirmation. The damage to the car is cosmetic. The shell is damaged extensively but that came from going through the trees. The car’s [safety] structure held together perfectly.

“In this kind of crash, you’re getting rid of the energy more gradually rather than all in one big hit.”

mknight
25th August 2020, 16:39
I think Hyundai's problems in Finland have been related to landings of jumps, and there is less of that in Estonia. Additionally, Tänak is just unbeatable on these roads. We could see that from Neuville's performance in the same car.

Often it was quoted that it's the road camber in Finland combined with the harder surface that makes Hyundai struggle there.

That said Neuville has not been fast in the I20 in Finland even compared to his teammates all 3 last years, with some effect of road position included (2 times vs Paddon, 1 vs Mikkelsen and even Breen had same speed). Here there was nobody else than Neuville to compare and compared to Rally Estonia last year the differences were much smaller.

All in all I am not convinced that Tanak would be able to fight with Toyotas in Finland, but next week in Estonia he certainly seems to be able to.

svstock
25th August 2020, 18:13
WRC Rally Estonia 2020 - HQ, source: tv.delfi.ee
https://i.imgur.com/LjjKMU4.png

WRC Rally Estonia 2020 - Rally Park, source: tv.delfi.ee
https://i.imgur.com/LLJUOMk.png

WRC Rally Estonia 2020 - ERM building overview, source: tv.delfi.ee
https://i.imgur.com/eNa1gdv.png

WRC Rally Estonia 2020 - Service park, source: tv.delfi.ee
https://i.imgur.com/7hCQFGp.png

drive
26th August 2020, 09:49
any locals watched yesterdays press conference? any info to share?

re tickets - still waiting and still no any message...

Edit - got an email saying that my tickets are underway :)

Rallyper
26th August 2020, 11:46
Pickems for Rally Estonia just opened. Starts one day earlier but I don´t think anyone have anything against that...

meh
26th August 2020, 14:00
Some (Rally) Estonia promotion clips:
* https://www.facebook.com/rallyestonia/videos/774380620058461
* https://www.facebook.com/rallyestonia/videos/2367005483606047

svstock
26th August 2020, 17:02
wrc+ schedule (all stages live stream) + onboards, daily highlights + review, live GPS map for
8.99 EUR 1 month subscription
https://www.wrc.com/en/wrcplus/live-stream-schedule/
https://i.imgur.com/PcNZPCa.jpg

Friday | 04 Sep

Good Evening Rally Fans - Welcome Back! 17:30
Break 18:30
SS1 - TARTU - WF1 19:00

Saturday | 05 Sep

Studio - Time Control RAADI 06:30
Break 07:00
Studio - RAADI 07:30
SS2 Prangli 1 07:40
SS3 Kanepi 1 08:20
Break 08:52
SS4 Otepaa 1 - WF2 09:00
SS5 Parque 10:00
Break 10:41
Break 10:45
Studio - RAADI 11:15
SS6 Elva 1 11:19
Studio - RAADI 11:58
Break 12:00
Break 12:15
Media Zone 12:18
Studio - RAADI 12:44
Break 12:45
Studio - RAADI 14:00
SS7 Prangli 2 14:37
SS8 Kanepi 2 15:17
Break 15:50
SS9 Otepaa 2 - WF3 16:00
SS10 Maekula 2 17:00
Studio - RAADI 17:41
Break 17:45
Studio - RAADI 18:15
SS11 Elva 2 18:19
Studio - RAADI 18:58
Break 19:00
Studio - RAADI 19:15
Studio Media Zone 19:16

Sunday | 06 Sep

Good Morning Rally Fans - Studio - RAADI 06:00
26 Minute Review Saturday 07:00
Break 07:26
Studio - RAADI 07:30
SS12 Arula 1 07:35
SS13 Kaagvere 1 08:09
Break 08:47
SS14 Kambja 1 - WF 4 09:00
Break 10:00
SS15 Arula 2 10:49
Studio - RAADI 11:25
SS16 Kaagvere 2 11:28
Studio - RAADI 12:07
Break 12:15
SS17 Kambja 2 Wolf Power Stage - WF 5 13:00
Break 14:28
Studio - RAADI - WRAP UP SHOW 14:30

* time zone EEST
https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/eest

drive
27th August 2020, 16:47
Wtf... no service, partial return offered...
https://www.rallyestonia.ee/tagastused

svstock
27th August 2020, 17:53
Wtf... no service, partial return offered...
https://www.rallyestonia.ee/tagastused

https://rallyestonia.com/en/spectators/news/uudis/2020/08/27/rally-estonia-service-park-is-closed-to-the-spectators/

The service park of Rally Estonia, first ever Estonian round of WRC will be closed for the spectators. The reason is FIA decision to minimalize corona virus risks. In today’s situation is very important to think about the health of everybody involved with rally both organisers, teams and spectators.

Urmo Aava, Rally Estonia director: “Unfortunately we see everyday news about corona virus increase all over the world. We have always stressed that this year’s Rally Estonia priorities are safety, prevention of corona virus and we are using different measures to minimize the risks. Even in the last minute if needed. We hope that rally fans understand the situation where all the big sporting and cultural events face similar restrictions.”

Visit to the Service Park was part of some rally pass group programs. It means that people who have bought rally pass with the visit to Service Park can ask proportional refund from the price of the rally pass. For that please fill refund form here: https://www.rallyestonia.ee/et/tagastused

GigiGalliNo1
28th August 2020, 09:57
Just to let everyone know, media wise - there are massive restrictions on access.

If you have accreditation, you have to either choose one of the following.

Low Density and High Density areas.

The High Density area the Service Park and Team areas.

Low Density is everything outside of that Media Zone and areas on special stages dedicated for Media.

So the restrictions will be tight. I wonder how this will go for spectators... will spectators be allowed in the Service Park? As they'll be out in the stages!

The Podium Finish will be questionable... I know they will try to Pool Media on occasions so imagery/film is shared between agencies/teams and media outlets like in F1.

I can understand team media as there are two/three or four photographers so each snapper or camera person is allocated a dedicated job for the weekend, either out on stages or stuck in service capturing service and media activities. WRC TV will be fine as it's like that anyways.

As mentioned earlier this month... the case for Media Access to the Service Park will look like the above.

It's either one or the other.

So no access for spectators has been enforced.