PDA

View Full Version : The new smaller bike isn't too much benefiting Honda

leopard
11th May 2007, 10:22
We talked this about a year ago when was decided to reduce engine capacity to be smaller, we suspected that Honda was one of those get benefit from that change of smaller engine.

This far I believe Honda, considering one, the right conveyance for Mick Doohan took five convincing titles, secondly Rossi had no more challenge riding such superior bike, thirdly the biggest manufacturer and developing bike in advance of the rests, and has specialization on four stroke bike while everyone are using two stroke bike, is team that always ready for every change.

The smaller bike was expected to be more appropriate bike for their main rider Dani Pedrosa, is a point in addition to this classic theoretical about the biggest factory of Honda.

Dani and all Honda riders in general hasn't yet amazingly performed like what we thought before the season commenced. Finishing forth in China because Dani said there was no room to explore more speed from the RCV211.

What have wrong with Honda, is it the engine problem or the tires issue because Elias, gressini rider that was using Bridgestone, was able to finish second at Istanbul deserved double praise for sending Rossi to finish tenth. The second podium seems the best they can achieve as such Dani has performed at Jerez.

Hence, The new smaller 800 cc bike isn't too much benefiting Honda.

fatman
11th May 2007, 16:31
I think everyone was mistaken about the Honda including most of all Honda

jim mcglinchey
11th May 2007, 18:14
My understanding was that Honda dictated the new formula because dropping to 800cc only meant changing their engine from V5 to V4, ie loose one cylinder, so they must be doubly disappointed at their start to the season.

Silver
11th May 2007, 19:03
It was suspected during pre-season testing, where Hayden was slow, that the physical size of the bike was the thing that was holding him back - it's tiny! The Suzuki's were pretty much the same size and therefore didn't demand much of a physical change in riding style and they were quick. Whatever the issues though, you would expect them to be getting somewhere with it by now.

leopard
15th May 2007, 04:56
I think everyone was mistaken about the Honda including most of all Honda
Not more now, promise