PDA

View Full Version : Fisi rules out any podiums for this year

Valve Bounce
10th May 2007, 01:40
I was stunned when I saw the headline but here is the article: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=31346

Perhaps this is th esame problem affecting Team Honda. Some teams seemed to adapt to the new tyres whereas others find their wings don't work so well with the new cars.

trumperZ06
10th May 2007, 01:47
;) Hhmmm... Renault's gonna luv their number 1 driver's... confidence !!!

Hawkmoon
10th May 2007, 04:41
F1 is a fickle business.

Fisi has just said what most of us already believe, ie. Renault are shot ducks this year. Fisi's problem is that he will probably get criticised for being negative, especially when you consider that there has been the suggestion that if Alonso had not left, then Renault would be in much better shape. So it's Fisi's fault for not being good enough.

Now if Giancarlo had come out and said that Renault would be on the podium by the season's half way point and winning by the end of the season he would probably be accused of talking out of his arse again.

I think he's right and said nothing that wasn't pretty obvious anyway. It will be interesting to see if he cops any flak from it.

ArrowsFA1
10th May 2007, 08:13
You've got to feel sorry for the guy haven't you. Two years alongside Alonso, then...at last...team leader in a championship winning team...Then the '07 car turns out to be a bit of a dud :( Fisi never seems to be in the right place at the right time.

wmcot
10th May 2007, 08:16
Too bad he'll probably be dropped for being open and honest (Can't have that in F1!!!)

Ed
10th May 2007, 09:09
I doubt it, have yo seen waht Pat Symmonds has said about the car and Flav as well? they'd have to sack tema boss and techincal director as well though

I think Fisi is being relistic about the teams chances, he's spent enough times in a team where it is with the top group so im guessing he knows what to expect really.

pino
10th May 2007, 09:27
http://www.gazzetta.it/Motori/Formula1/Primo_Piano/2007/05_Maggio/09/fisichella.shtml

in italian ofcourse :p :

ioan
10th May 2007, 09:31
Pat Symmonds has praised Fisi in the latest interview and said the car is bad, so as much as I don't like Fisi, he is right about their possibilities for this year.

Even Alonso is quoted saying that McLaren will find it very hard to catch Ferrari, but no one seems to care about that! :rolleyes:

Ranger
10th May 2007, 10:00
Even Alonso is quoted saying that McLaren will find it very hard to catch Ferrari, but no one seems to care about that! :rolleyes:

Because there's a pretty big difference in saying "it will be very hard to catch Ferrari" and "this car was born bad".

When both driver's are their respective team's #1 drivers, I can tell which quote from the above reflects a better attitude to the job at hand.

ioan
10th May 2007, 10:06
Because there's a pretty big difference in saying "it will be very hard to catch Ferrari" and "this car was born bad".

When both driver's are their respective team's #1 drivers, I can tell which quote from the above reflects a better attitude to the job at hand.

Well the Renault is "born bad" and everyone agrees with that, including their team's technical director.

The McLaren already beat the Ferrari this season, so why will it be so difficult to catch them?!

So, which one has a better attitude towards their job? The one saying the truth or the one that downplays his chances for the case he is beaten?!

Donney
10th May 2007, 10:09
So it very likely means it will be difficult to beat them on a regular basis.

ArrowsFA1
10th May 2007, 10:40
Perhaps because this thread is about Fisi and Renault. Ferrari v McLaren is being debated energetically elsewhere!

jens
10th May 2007, 10:49
Rules out podiums? I think he still might get an odd podium somewhere. From Jordan and Benetton days Fisi was known as a guy, who in changeable conditions often somehow managed to get to the front to finish on podium even in mediocre machinery. If once comes a race, when it starts to rain, then this might happen again!

ioan
10th May 2007, 10:54
Rules out podiums? I think he still might get an odd podium somewhere. From Jordan and Benetton days Fisi was known as a guy, who in changeable conditions often somehow managed to get to the front to finish on podium even in mediocre machinery. If once comes a race, when it starts to rain, then this might happen again!

What Fisi said:

"This Renault was born badly. Of course nothing can be ruled out in F1, not even winning with this car, but I don't think I'll be back on the podium in 2007."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58645

So he is not being pessimistic, just plain realistic.

jso1985
10th May 2007, 22:46
You've got to feel sorry for the guy haven't you. Two years alongside Alonso, then...at last...team leader in a championship winning team...Then the '07 car turns out to be a bit of a dud :( Fisi never seems to be in the right place at the right time.

he had his chance in 2005, even if Renault rated Alonso very high, everyone tought Fisi had the better chances.

Valve Bounce
11th May 2007, 01:51
I think Fisi had a good car last year also. Something went wrong with his relationship with Flav as well as the team which added to his miseries last year. His petulance during misfortunes with the car didn't help.

Timber
11th May 2007, 02:06
Fishi is not and never was a top driver in F1 , the last two years he could not even keep pace with Alonso , they had the same car .....

Valve Bounce
11th May 2007, 02:16
Fishi is not and never was a top driver in F1 , the last two years he could not even keep pace with Alonso , they had the same car .....

In the F1 world, and particularly Falvios world, some things are more " the same" than others.

Just ask Jarno Trulli.

slinkster
11th May 2007, 18:26
Well there's no point expecting things beyond the car's capability, best to just be honest and work hard that's all. I see nothing wrong with his statement... I know it's not what people want to hear, but it's the way it is. Perhaps it also takes the pressure off him though.. and maybe provides an excuse for poor performances :S

jens
11th May 2007, 20:00
I have noticed that if quite recently several guys wanted to see Montoya, Villeneuve or Webber instead of Fisichella at Renault, then by now that kind of attitude has disappeared. This means that now fans of those mentioned drivers are not envious to Fisi for filling a seat in a top team, because the team doesn't look like a top team any more and there is no wish to see their fav. driver struggling in that mediocre car. :)

stevie_gerrard
12th May 2007, 02:16
well based on free practise today, it was great to see the renaults back up near the top of the leaderboard. i dont think podiums is out of the question, wins might be though.

jens
12th May 2007, 16:47
It looks like Kovalainen is at last starting to find himself. He looked fractionally faster than Fisichella during the whole qualifying.