PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] News & Rumours 2020

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

PLuto
1st November 2019, 10:32
I think we should start with this topic ;)

Katvala
1st November 2019, 10:33
But we're still in 2019

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Franky
1st November 2019, 11:01
But we're still in 2019

This year's one was started in July 2018. And besides, the season is nearly over.

EstWRC
1st November 2019, 11:19
But we're still in 2019

you are planning to stay there forever ? :D

AnttiL
1st November 2019, 11:55
Yeh, let's use this for any news concerning next season, like most probably are by this point.

Katvala
1st November 2019, 13:17
My bad then, I assumed it was for news reported during a year, not for a year

deephouse
2nd November 2019, 15:46
Nasser Al-Atiyah is planning of doing Rally Safari 2020. He mentions Toyota.

PLuto
2nd November 2019, 17:11
Nasser Al-Atiyah is planning of doing Rally Safari 2020. He mentions Toyota.

He finished his shooting career?

Tarmop
2nd November 2019, 17:41
Nasser was interviewed in that podcast that Evans/Clark do...he did indeed say that he wanted to do that in the Yaris.
But, the olympics start 24.07, rally takes place 16.07-19.07. He could still make it quite sufficiently.

deephouse
2nd November 2019, 17:51
We will see what means more to him. Some unimportant sport or the best sport ever for us hardcorers.

pantealex
23rd November 2019, 18:55
So, nobody has any rumours for 2020. ?

One little thing: Solberg family is rebuilding their Polo R5
-are they using it ?
or
-are they selling it ?
or
-heading to museum ?

Sulland
23rd November 2019, 19:14
So, nobody has any rumours for 2020. ?

One little thing: Solberg family is rebuilding their Polo R5
-are they using it ?
or
-are they selling it ?
or
-heading to museum ?

if Oliver has a deal, I guess the last one.

AnttiL
23rd November 2019, 20:16
When you see this you realise the 2019 season is properly over �� the car is ready for painting, rebuilding, and then ready to fight in 2020! It's going to be an exciting year ���� #GarageGoals

https://twitter.com/OliverSolberg01/status/1198291014362025994

I get the idea that they are going to run it in 2020. When the new WRC2 rules mentioned private teams entries alongside factory teams, I instantly thought of a Solberg team...

the sniper
23rd November 2019, 23:55

I get the idea that they are going to run it in 2020. When the new WRC2 rules mentioned private teams entries alongside factory teams, I instantly thought of a Solberg team...

During Rally GB, wasn't Petter talking about hoping some plans would come together for 2020? Something he said gave me the impression he might be hoping to bring his team up for a WRC2 campaign.

RS
24th November 2019, 09:34

That very much sounds like Oliver is going to be driving it, but it could also be read as ambiguous.

skarderud
24th November 2019, 15:29
Seems Andreas Mikkelsen and Ole Christian Veiby is ready for Hyundai next year, Mikkelsen in a sateliteteam, with Breen(?), Veiby in R5.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Katvala
24th November 2019, 16:03
Seems Andreas Mikkelsen and Ole Christian Veiby is ready for Hyundai next year, Mikkelsen in a sateliteteam, with Breen(?), Veiby in R5.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via TapatalkWhere did you hear?

skarderud
24th November 2019, 16:16
Where did you hear?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalkhttps://parcferme.no/rally/dette-er-planene-som-hyundai-teamet-har-med-bade-andreas-og-ole-christian/

the sniper
25th November 2019, 22:15

MM-Motorsport will indeed be busy then...

Sulland
26th November 2019, 08:48
I still feel that from a long term career standpoint, this could be a wrong decicion for Mikkelsen. I feel he could get out more of his potential at Malcolms.
- The Hyundai does not suit his natural style, that hamper him in fighting at the top.
- Hyundai is a top notch team, but being fifth wheeler might not help.
- MSport option might not be there, so the Hyundai seat is only seat possible.

All standpoints made from my limited knowledge, seen from the sidelines.

Duvel
26th November 2019, 09:48

Translation please, are those wild rumors, or will it actually happen?

AnttiL
26th November 2019, 09:49
I think rumors at this point?

cali
26th November 2019, 10:32
Definitely rumours

Crazy J
26th November 2019, 10:52

Statoil should create rally team Norway to support local heros. At least no lack of potential material with Ostberg, Mikkelsen, Veiby, Solberg Jr and many others. Statoil would have money even to run Citroen WRCs. Lukoil would have similar potential to run Luky.

TypeR
26th November 2019, 10:59
Circle K has been sponsoring Oliver for quite a some time already..

mknight
26th November 2019, 12:24
I still feel that from a long term career standpoint, this could be a wrong decicion for Mikkelsen. I feel he could get out more of his potential at Malcolms.
- The Hyundai does not suit his natural style, that hamper him in fighting at the top.
- Hyundai is a top notch team, but being fifth wheeler might not help.
- MSport option might not be there, so the Hyundai seat is only seat possible.

All standpoints made from my limited knowledge, seen from the sidelines.

Agree, if he can he should try to drive somewhere else, even with almost no tarmac rallies next year. MSport gives a car to anyone who pays so if Toyota is not possible he should pay for a season at MSport. But has to be a season, 1-2 drives like Paddon tried are pointless.

At end of 2020 there might be options. (Ogier and maybe Loeb and Sordo retiring) and Hyundai will likely introduce a new car that which might suit others better. Staying is Hyundai right now is just a road to decline, but if it's only possible option it's off course better than nothing.

Duvel
26th November 2019, 14:04
Agree, if he can he should try to drive somewhere else, even with almost no tarmac rallies next year. MSport gives a car to anyone who pays so if Toyota is not possible he should pay for a season at MSport. But has to be a season, 1-2 drives like Paddon tried are pointless.

At end of 2020 there might be options. (Ogier and maybe Loeb and Sordo retiring) and Hyundai will likely introduce a new car that which might suit others better. Staying is Hyundai right now is just a road to decline, but if it's only possible option it's off course better than nothing.

Wel, if he stays whit Hyundai, and pays there for one year in satellite team, he might be in pole position for (again) a factory seat in 2021. Also because Loeb and probably Sordo retiring. Kind of the same, but staying "loyal" to Hyundai

Duvel
26th November 2019, 14:05
Wel, if he stays whit Hyundai, and pays there for one year in satellite team, he might be in pole position for (again) a factory seat in 2021. Also because Loeb and probably Sordo retiring. Kind of the same, but staying "loyal" to Hyundai

The same would go for Breen actually, and he to has been bringing funding from his own in the past

Ljuke
26th November 2019, 14:22

Paddon´s loyalty definitely paid out :D

mknight
26th November 2019, 14:43
Paddon´s loyalty definitely paid out :D

Exactly

The Hyundai story since 2017 is pretty straightforward:
2017 - Paddon and Sordo struggle => reduce their starts in 2018 and hire Mikkelsen
2018 - Mikkelsen struggles => kick Paddon, keep Sordo's few starts, reduce Mikkelsen starts and hire Loeb (and Breen)
2019 - Loeb struggles => "kick" Mikkelsen, keep Loebs 6 rallies and hire Tanak

Until end of 2018 it looked like it was Nandan's "engineers make the car and drivers have to learn it" attitude that was the problem. But somehow Adamo continued in same pattern.

Allez Andruet
26th November 2019, 14:53
And I would guess that in the eyes of Hyundai HQ, Adamo, after having delivered the long overdue title to the team, has all the power to do whatever he wants regarding the drivers. I'm quite sure we will see some unpopular driver decisions at Hyundai also in 2020.

Rally Power
26th November 2019, 15:22

If a MMM/Hyundai R5 deal really happens, a part of Tanak’s mysterious move becomes a bit clear…

mknight
26th November 2019, 16:16
And I would guess that in the eyes of Hyundai HQ, Adamo, after having delivered the long overdue title to the team, has all the power to do whatever he wants regarding the drivers. I'm quite sure we will see some unpopular driver decisions at Hyundai also in 2020.

I don't think Hyundai HQ ever had anything to say when it comes to picking drivers.

Anyway one thing is entirely logical decisions like dropping Mikkelsen for Corsica because of his tarmac issues in i20 and Loeb's tarmac history in other cars

But things like picking Breen over Paddon for Finland and dropping Mikkelsen for Australia seem less than logical on many levels.

He says himself he either trusts a driver or he doesn`t... sometimes contrary to results.

Allez Andruet
26th November 2019, 16:30
I don't think Hyundai HQ ever had anything to say when it comes to picking drivers.
Not directly ofcourse. But Adamo's position in the team at the moment is so strong (due to aforementioned reason) that he can pretty much do whatever he wants. Exaggerating: he probably could bench Neuville if that was the case and the HQ would not intervene. I guess mr. Nandan never had such authority.

AnttiL
27th November 2019, 16:43
Kalle will start his 2020 season with the Yaris in the Arctic Rally one week before Monte

deephouse
27th November 2019, 20:10
Jourdan Serderidis is said on FB that his program of 2020 includes WRC Kenya round. I wonder which car he would pick?

Tarmop
27th November 2019, 20:13
Most probably the Fiesta.

EstWRC
27th November 2019, 20:13
C3

deephouse
27th November 2019, 20:14
What if by chance he wll be with Hyundai? He is rich nd Hyundai need supporter for satellite team.

cali
28th November 2019, 03:27
I don't really care about Serderidis, he could drive whatever he wants but still be behind jwrc cars figuratively speaking

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

atsiotras79
28th November 2019, 03:47
A couple of months ago he told me with Fabia...

AnttiL
28th November 2019, 07:42
Chile could be cancelled because of unstable situation in the country

http://www.mundorally.cl/el-viernes-termina-el-misterio/

BigWorm
28th November 2019, 13:34
Chile could be cancelled because of unstable situation in the country

http://www.mundorally.cl/el-viernes-termina-el-misterio/

We surely have been bombarbed with not so pleasant news since the season ended

AnttiL
28th November 2019, 14:26
Chile 2020 is cancelled, but the event remains on the 2021 calendar.

https://www.latercera.com/el-deportivo/noticia/el-mundial-de-rally-en-chile-se-suspende/918242/

EstWRC
28th November 2019, 14:30
sucks big time, really good new event IMO

deephouse
28th November 2019, 14:33
And that kind of worthless events get their spot on calendar...

AnttiL
28th November 2019, 14:37
And that kind of worthless events get their spot on calendar...

They had amazing roads and a great entry list. It's just a "civil war like" situation in the country.

Japé
28th November 2019, 14:37
No Argentina - Chile tour cost synergies for teams then..

Also hard to understand why cancellation had to be done 5 months before the rally. Anyway, hopefully Corsica will be back in calendar now!

pantealex
28th November 2019, 14:43
Chile 2020 is cancelled, but the event remains on the 2021 calendar.

https://www.latercera.com/el-deportivo/noticia/el-mundial-de-rally-en-chile-se-suspende/918242/

Any official confirmation from WRC or FIA or rally organization ?

er88
28th November 2019, 15:03
If only they could put Corsica in as 4th or 5th event as a replacement - give us a proper tarmac event before the last 2/3months of the season.

I'm sure it's probably not possible now at this stage, but they could run the event with the exact same itinerary as last year if budget could be found. Wishful thinking though.

Shame Chile has gone, was a really good event last year with great stages and a lot of fans/ interest.

Eli
28th November 2019, 15:19
So because of the political situation in Chile, they are pulling it out from the calendar for next season, a good decision imho, however despite everything that's going on in Turkey, they still host a WRC round.....shame they left Corsica & Spain in the cold for next year, they should have been saved as reserve events for cases such as this one, instead of having the rotation system which they already tried twice and failed both times. Guess it will take a while until we'll get our 14th round..

the sniper
28th November 2019, 15:41
It'd seems ridiculous to have a thirteen round calendar now after having to drop rallies due to there being too many! Is it really too late for Spain or Corsica to step back up?

SubaruNorway
28th November 2019, 17:53
If i understand correctly the "Civil war" is because they are raising the prices for buses by 0.01€ and 0.04€ on the metro at peak hours. And people are protesting, burning things down and destroying metro stations, which won't make the prices lower in the end... Did i understand it correct...?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Chilean_protests

dimviii
28th November 2019, 17:58
If i understand correctly the "Civil war" is because they are raising the prices for buses by 0.01€ and 0.04€ on the metro at peak hours. And people are protesting, burning things down and destroying metro stations, which won't make the prices lower in the end... Did i understand it correct...?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Chilean_protests

didnt read your link?
the average monthly cost per person for the city's public transport is equivalent to 13.8% of the minimum wage,
the increased cost of living, privatisation and inequality prevalent in the country
Protesters interviewed by Reuters said they were struggling to make ends meet because of the high costs of part-privatized education and health systems, rents and utilities, and a privatized pension system has been widely rejected by Chileans because of its low and often delayed payouts

AnttiL
28th November 2019, 18:35
Spain already said they cannot replace Chile

cali
28th November 2019, 18:46
didnt read your link?
the average monthly cost per person for the city's public transport is equivalent to 13.8% of the minimum wage,
the increased cost of living, privatisation and inequality prevalent in the country
Protesters interviewed by Reuters said they were struggling to make ends meet because of the high costs of part-privatized education and health systems, rents and utilities, and a privatized pension system has been widely rejected by Chileans because of its low and often delayed payoutsOne thing is for sure if you burn and destroy then it ain't gonna be cheaper at the end. Government will collect more taxes to cover the costs

dimviii
28th November 2019, 19:20
One thing is for sure if you burn and destroy then it ain't gonna be cheaper at the end. Government will collect more taxes to cover the costs

i answered about if ''the civil war started cause of the raise of buses for 0,001 euro''

the sniper
28th November 2019, 19:27
Spain already said they cannot replace Chile

Shame. I'd have thought Corsica would be a more likely candidate to pick up the baton anyway. FFSA always keen to keep it alive. The helping hand of Jean Todt... The organisers seem a bit fly-by-night at the best of times, so why not throw something together now! Here's hoping anyway.

RS
28th November 2019, 19:41
didnt read your link?
Protesters interviewed by Reuters said they were struggling to make ends meet because of the high costs of part-privatized education and health systems, rents and utilities, and a privatized pension system has been widely rejected by Chileans because of its low and often delayed payouts

Becoming a proper Westernised economy then..

racerx1979
28th November 2019, 20:08
That's hilarious. Just a regular day in Nairobi Kenya, but that event is still on. I have friends and fam in Kenya who can't walk without being mugged. I've been to Chile and it's extremely safe in normal circumstances. Kenya is unsafe at ALL times..

racerx1979
28th November 2019, 20:09
Estonia... We're calling you!!!

Tauri_J
28th November 2019, 20:36
Estonia... We're calling you!!!

Not gonna happen in April.

Eli
28th November 2019, 20:40
Not gonna happen in April.

Circuit of Ireland then? Maybe?

tommeke_B
28th November 2019, 20:52
Nobody puts together the funds and the organization-work for a WRC event in such a short timeframe. Only option to fill the gap could be that some other event (Turkey perhaps?) prefers this period of the year over their original date.

cali
28th November 2019, 20:55
Nobody puts together the funds and the organization-work for a WRC event in such a short timeframe. Only option to fill the gap could be that some other event (Turkey perhaps?) prefers this period of the year over their original date.Exactly. My bet is we have 13 events instead of planned 14.

Allez Andruet
28th November 2019, 20:59
Jari-Matti Latvala kertoo rajusta pettymyksestään – tämän takia hän uskoo tulevaisuuteen: ”On aika kääntää sivut” https://www.is.fi/ralli/art-2000006324335.html

Latvala says he was informed approx a week ago, that he wouldn't be part of TGR line-up in 2020. There's no test role available either as Hänninen will continue as Toyota's test driver. Latvala also says he's targeting 2-5 events (with Toyota) next year and the funding for Sweden and Finland is "already secured".

Sulland
28th November 2019, 21:08
Exactly. My bet is we have 13 events instead of planned 14.

13 is more than enough, imo 10 is enough.

OHL
29th November 2019, 00:34
Nobody puts together the funds and the organization-work for a WRC event in such a short timeframe. Only option to fill the gap could be that some other event (Turkey perhaps?) prefers this period of the year over their original date.

It's doubtful the teams would accept to fly everything back to Europe after Mexico to do a European round and then go back to Argentina. The extra 2 long haul events added for 2020 only made sense financially with some airfreight savings by going back to back to back at Mexico-Chile-Argentina. Some one would have to pony up the dough to cover that cost before even thinking about asking the teams to do that.

GigiGalliNo1
29th November 2019, 02:02
So because of the political situation in Chile, they are pulling it out from the calendar for next season, a good decision imho, however despite everything that's going on in Turkey, they still host a WRC round.....

Whats going on IN Turkey?

The region where the rally is held is pretty calm...

RS
29th November 2019, 05:22
Latvala has been around so long I forget he is not actually that old. With Ogier about to retire and hopefully more manufacturers coming in the future it makes sense for him to stick around even if he has to spend some of his own money to stay match fit.

Meeke is already quite old. It’s a shame he has been a victim of the Citroen withdrawal because I think he probably had a year or two left but it’s probably time for him to call it a day now.

AnttiL
29th November 2019, 05:28
It's doubtful the teams would accept to fly everything back to Europe after Mexico to do a European round and then go back to Argentina. The extra 2 long haul events added for 2020 only made sense financially with some airfreight savings by going back to back to back at Mexico-Chile-Argentina. Some one would have to pony up the dough to cover that cost before even thinking about asking the teams to do that.

Actually, no. The teams have two service gear setups. One is for overseas and one is for European. Still this year Corsica was driven between Mexico and Argentina and this caused no problems. Even if Mexico, Chile and Argentina would have been driven consecutively, the cars and drivers would have still flown back to Europe after Mexico (Chile and Argentina were linked) with the overseas service gear slowly rolling from Mexico to Chile.

The biggest problem is that rallies aren't set up so quickly. You need to find sponsors and partners, design the route and get permissions for it. For example Rally Finland's route and road contracts are almost finished at this point of year, and it's not driven until August.

AnttiL
29th November 2019, 10:55
https://www.rallit.fi/mita-tapahtuu-citroenin-wrc-autoille-voisin-kuvitella-etta-jollain-tavalla-niita-hyodynnetaan/

Latvala thinks that Abu Dhabi won't return to rallying. He still hopes that Citroen C3 WRC's will be used by some private team

Fast Eddie WRC
29th November 2019, 15:18
https://www.rallit.fi/mita-tapahtuu-citroenin-wrc-autoille-voisin-kuvitella-etta-jollain-tavalla-niita-hyodynnetaan/

Latvala thinks that Abu Dhabi won't return to rallying. He still hopes that Citroen C3 WRC's will be used by some private team

Fingers crossed. I'd love to see the C3's again with their new aero etc.

Ostberg should be the best chance having previously driven the C3 WRC and with him having fallen out with M-Sport.

rallyfiend
29th November 2019, 16:32
Fingers crossed. I'd love to see the C3's again with their new aero etc.

Ostberg should be the best chance having previously driven the C3 WRC and with him having fallen out with M-Sport.

The new aero will never be seen.

The car will be forever stuck in its 2019 form....

You can't further homologate the car without being a registered manufacturer....

dimviii
29th November 2019, 16:57
Brivio was a former Pirelli and Dmack rally tyres manager.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EKiQ80MU4AEhCuf?format=jpg&name=medium

Got Mail
29th November 2019, 17:46
Brivio was a former Pirelli and Dmack rally tyres manager.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EKiQ80MU4AEhCuf?format=jpg&name=medium

I understand the following 5 items will form the basis for the decision.

1. Who will pay the most money.
2. Who will pay the most money.
3. Who will pay the most money.
4. Who will pay the most money.
5. Who will pay the most money.

pantealex
29th November 2019, 18:50
I understand the following 5 items will form the basis for the decision.

1. Who will pay the most money.
2. Who will pay the most money.
3. Who will pay the most money.
4. Who will pay the most money.
5. Who will pay the most money.

Yes.
Because every driver/car will get same brand tyres, it doesn´t matter how good or bad each brand is.
Money to FIA only matters.

deephouse
29th November 2019, 20:31
Will we see more or less punctures then? who knows

tommeke_B
29th November 2019, 20:48
If manufacturers must use them (MRF) and R5 can choose freely, we could see an R5 car win Monte Carlo. :D

TypeR
29th November 2019, 20:48
Will we see more or less punctures then? who knows

Nevertheless.. Seb should ban her wifey from the internet.. or otherwise..

Brace yourselves..

deephouse
30th November 2019, 06:04
The new aero will never be seen.

The car will be forever stuck in its 2019 form....

You can't further homologate the car without being a registered manufacturer....

Read Citroen WRT topic. There you can find all information about it. It says that the car can go through homologation even if thry are not around.

Andre Oliveira
4th December 2019, 23:59
FIA WMSC of today: https://www.fia.com/news/fia-announces-world-motor-sport-council-decisions-16

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EK-7x3wXUAUIs6W?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EK-70esXUAAyKk2?format=jpg&name=900x900

AnttiL
5th December 2019, 06:09
"To offer WRC teams more opportunities in the context of their participation, manufacturers are now able to enter an additional one-car team with a separate competitor identity and will not be permitted to score points for the main WRC factory team."

Do I get this right, this is like the "satellite team" rule? For example Hyundai can enter a second one car team (instead of two cars) to collect manu points for itself and most importantly to take points off Toyota?

deephouse
5th December 2019, 06:14
Then we could assume that the number of cars will not be increased. Like in 2016 when third car was "separate team" If I understand correctly.

AnttiL
5th December 2019, 06:52
Back then only two cars could be nominated per team per rally. Now it’s three

T16
5th December 2019, 07:54
event promo at Autosport cancelled:
https://rallysportmag.com/wrc-promoter-cancels-scheduled-2020-presentation/

EstWRC
5th December 2019, 08:58
Right decision. No point to do half ass event.

Fast Eddie WRC
5th December 2019, 09:57
Just do it at Monte...

go mads
5th December 2019, 10:03

Absolute shambles, FIA and wrc promoters should be ashamed....

doubled1978
5th December 2019, 11:54
Do I get this right, this is like the "satellite team" rule? For example Hyundai can enter a second one car team (instead of two cars) to collect manu points for itself and most importantly to take points off Toyota?

This sounds like Hyundai and Toyota have gone to the FIA/Promoter with a proposal to run some extra cars to help with the numbers, but have asked that they are able to benefit by doing so...

Francis44
5th December 2019, 12:59
Absolute shambles, FIA and wrc promoters should be ashamed....

Why?! This type of presentation the last couple of years has been appaling. Absolutely no media coverage and cringy livery, drivers and team presentation all around. Much better to do a 20 minute special on WRC + and distribute the well produced content via partners.

A lot of complaining for the sake of complaining about the promoter and FIA here these days.

go mads
5th December 2019, 17:30
Why?! This type of presentation the last couple of years has been appaling. Absolutely no media coverage and cringy livery, drivers and team presentation all around. Much better to do a 20 minute special on WRC + and distribute the well produced content via partners.

A lot of complaining for the sake of complaining about the promoter and FIA here these days.

Why? I'll tell you why, regardless of what is the best way to do a launch (that's a separate discussion) the wrc announced when and where the launch was going to be, it then filmed team principals and drivers telling us to buy tickets, then seemingly because the series cant control the few manufacturers it has left (toyota to tokyo) it decides to cancel an event that many have made travel arrangements etc for just weeks before. Surely before the event was announced it would have been wise to make sure all teams would take part?

This is a world series and needs to be run like one....

dimviii
5th December 2019, 18:07
It is also uncertain whether Latvala will continue to cooperate with its co-driver Miikka Anttila. It is not about the duo's cooperation still not working. For the upcoming season, there are just too many question marks in the air.

- Now we are talking about just a few competitions and you will not get paid. We try to find work for both of us in that environment so we can make a living. Competitions go more like this, Latvala describes.
https://yle.fi/urheilu/3-11102822

dimviii
5th December 2019, 18:16
Ogier interview

https://www.redbullcontentpool.com/international/AP-22CRPV2692111?linkId=78215359

the sniper
5th December 2019, 22:08

Shame, but it was good for me while it lasted! It was an unexpected pleasure to have the WRC launch in my home city. I'm not sure about the value of it overall, I don't think the most was made of it. I have to agree with go mads that it's not so much not doing it that is the problem, but launching it and then backing out is poor form. I imagine Toyota had originally committed to it, but with the cancellation of Rally Australia and what was supposed to be the launch of the GR-4, I imagine that was then rescheduled to the show in Tokyo. It then made sense for the WRC team to follow...

Anyway, I'll have fond memories of the launches there during that golden age for the WRC. Plus, I have a great souvenir on my shelf!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ptpUmJbRWkd87vfOSOOSllB5DAOT6jQdl1WoIex_UW-2x7g1FUspjtSIduhhY0uCNe_9wy8J5UkzmF1Ax0AYg1TbVX7uu hrlJhTWQNKjgX8p0JTjRm8Zg6uWqdrH9dlH5kUsIw1qL2AXAA8 qM91qMkzun1jxji_Qggg7tLviWoOleKGjpM4yDnaEtEBT1NQSg hLu6xf-sax0NXY7BsMA44t7B80qsfyHHq7446ZSy9mnUk2KT8P9giEG4G 02Xz2O-hCR2k_q1sgUluPOTShQhgj8_4n1gT-n0ATpV3x3Xuck0LmZZfykgSIeKsgLwvrRutNaGgPjyH09bM2bn Le-UyRGKTD5ED2Gu6O4rcqoFqyyMvXJy2feYwE0ZyCz7LPYg1e-XbZwm-0y-5OUAKNbOfv5pAn3z3bKvX1cNZ435Mgioob8AUhBKfveHqzmCZb YUo7k-1eMI3KlFJrEDfHZvywviQyA7_-T0Ef4C2Y43Uo6ky58skMJEPgTknmbrcAJlvJ-19PmRgFbEV-L5zkUawf-H_jjAjZlaRk6VBj5OnNw0YiplmUBXneMfjni9EHQNDirEoJjYo ZQmOHb6J-w8tec7zqghIugglGFgF0UllwwvxM47BqrktWxIgQo5FZOHEsNE Vs6jUKAmDv-1YwnqJ4EQyIojS6kHh1Mc8pV7-bG_MGKQs3ynLg=w800-h450-no?pageId=117956411460675638727

And the back is signed by Tommi Mäkinen, Malcolm Wilson and Mr Budar! I don't think Andrea Adamo was there, or if he was, he was too new in his role for me to recognise. Not a bad collection for a day's work!

At least I'm glad that I don't have to pay to go to the Autosport Show anymore!

Rally Power
5th December 2019, 22:38
FIA WMSC of today: https://www.fia.com/news/fia-announces-world-motor-sport-council-decisions-16

The calendar is almost at the bottom of the page; Chile still in:

FIA World Rally Championship

23-26 January Monaco Rallye Monte Carlo
13-16 February Sweden Rally Sweden Jun.
12-15 March Mexico Rally of Mexico
16-19 April Chile Rally of Chile* Jun.
30 April – 3 May Argentina Rally of Argentina*
21-24 May Portugal Vodafone Rally de Portugal
04-07 June Italy Rally of Italy Jun.
16-19 July Kenya Safari Rally Kenya
06-09 August Finland Neste Rally Finland*Jun.
03-06 September New Zealand Rally New Zealand*
24-27 September Turkey Rally of Turkey*
15-18 October Germany Rally of Germany* Jun.
29 October – 01 November Great Britain Rally of Great Britain*
19-22 November Japan Rally Japan*

Jun.: Event counting towards the FIA Junior WRC
* Subject to ASN confirmation.

Allez Andruet
6th December 2019, 05:33
It is also uncertain whether Latvala will continue to cooperate with its co-driver Miikka Anttila. It is not about the duo's cooperation still not working. For the upcoming season, there are just too many question marks in the air.

- Now we are talking about just a few competitions and you will not get paid. We try to find work for both of us in that environment so we can make a living. Competitions go more like this, Latvala describes.
https://yle.fi/urheilu/3-11102822

The story also says that Jouhki will no longer directly finance Latvala's WRC program. JML repeats what he has said already in few previous interviews, that as of now he has secured the funding for two outings in the Yaris, though he's yet to get confirmation from TGR, what the exact price tag will be.

Franky
6th December 2019, 06:46
The calendar is almost at the bottom of the page; Chile still in:
[...]

Heard this week that Chile being out in 2020 is confirmed...

Norm75
6th December 2019, 11:20
Kris Meeke considering retirement following his exit from Toyota.
Kris appears unwilling to find sponsorship for a paid drive, but has been linked with a testing role within Toyota. Also seems unwilling to commit unless this features some appearances in the wrc. Source motorsport.com

rallyfiend
6th December 2019, 11:48
Heard this week that Chile being out in 2020 is confirmed...

I wonder if the Chileans have just decided on their own to cancel it: hence why FIA and WRC have not acknowledged the story from Chile. They haven't agreed to it. Sounds legal...

It smells of money issues, because it seems like Formula E will still go ahead, and that's in the middle of Santiago!

tomhlord
6th December 2019, 13:55
Kris Meeke considering retirement following his exit from Toyota.
Kris appears unwilling to find sponsorship for a paid drive, but has been linked with a testing role within Toyota. Also seems unwilling to commit unless this features some appearances in the wrc. Source motorsport.com

This is very sad.

Crazy J
6th December 2019, 15:34
Well, one can say that running a WRC is expensive and costs should be reduced, for sure. Then on the other hand a lot of money in the world is spend for other sports and automotive purposes, we just would need to reach skilful persons to steer these investments to WRC instead of other targets, simple as that ;)

Nascar series there used to be some rich old ladies as car / number owners and quite often they were happy just to give their support and join to post race celebrations, nothing more. No connection to any company or brand.

dimviii
6th December 2019, 18:43
Sébastien Ogier

Time to celebrate the champion!!
#FIAPrizeGiving
@OttTanak
Nice evening with the Motorsport family

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELICU4QXUAIVrGl?format=jpg&name=large

cali
7th December 2019, 09:06
I wonder if the Chileans have just decided on their own to cancel it: hence why FIA and WRC have not acknowledged the story from Chile. They haven't agreed to it. Sounds legal...

It smells of money issues, because it seems like Formula E will still go ahead, and that's in the middle of Santiago!I think you hit the nails head with this one!

GigiGalliNo1
7th December 2019, 10:02
Formula E is privately funded. Each round is.

Rally Chile is backed by the government. Those funds have now been released and used to recover the country.

Nothing fishy going on.

lankey555
7th December 2019, 19:49
https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/kris-meeke-considering-retirement-toyota/4607505/

go mads
8th December 2019, 10:54

Still not seen any official confirmation of this from the wrc or autosport, and autosport are still selling tickets whilst this is advertised as a show highlight on there website.

Maybe Hyundai and m-sport still using the event?

T16
10th December 2019, 11:10
This would be good:

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/147561/hyundai-could-run-second-wrc-team-for-exiles

T16
10th December 2019, 13:30
Still not seen any official confirmation of this from the wrc or autosport, and autosport are still selling tickets whilst this is advertised as a show highlight on there website.

Maybe Hyundai and m-sport still using the event?

I wonder what's going on then? Strange that there are rumours about it. I would think it would be very dishonest of Autosport to keep plugging it, only to know it will not happen, but we'll see.

SubaruNorway
10th December 2019, 15:22
This would be good:

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/147561/hyundai-could-run-second-wrc-team-for-exiles

Already reported 2 weeks ago, Adamo wouldn't answer if it had anything to do with an Asian tyre manufacturer coming in
https://parcferme.no/rally/dette-er-planene-som-hyundai-teamet-har-med-bade-andreas-og-ole-christian/

BigWorm
10th December 2019, 16:28
Meeke confirms on his Instagram that he won't be in WRC in 2020

go mads
10th December 2019, 17:09

Big loss for the series, sport is sadly running out of characters

deephouse
10th December 2019, 17:18
he mentions other passions... cycling? maybe rallycross or Extreme E, he could try Dakar with Toyota.

Tarmop
10th December 2019, 17:38
Too late for Dakar...

doubled1978
10th December 2019, 17:52
Shame, we all know Meekes failings but he is a genuine character, and also one of the very fastest drivers out there...
I’ll miss the jeopardy of waiting to see if he can complete a stage/rally without a mistake!

bassist
10th December 2019, 18:01

Real Shame, a wasted talent and bloody fast pilot!

Allez Andruet
10th December 2019, 18:05
Who would, say three years ago, have thought that Loeb and Sordo outlast Latvala and Meeke in the WRC?

seb_sh
10th December 2019, 18:29
So MSport with Suninen and Lappi with Greensmith or Tidemand in the 3rd car sometimes?

Allez Andruet
10th December 2019, 18:45
So MSport with Suninen and Lappi with Greensmith or Tidemand in the 3rd car sometimes?

As much as I like Tidemand, it would be a miracle if he's able to find financial backing for future WRC outings after what we saw in 2019.

TypeR
10th December 2019, 18:54
I'm sure that Gus will do couple of rallies with WRC..

rallyfiend
10th December 2019, 19:00

He had his chances, he squandered them...

the sniper
10th December 2019, 19:03

I'm just glad he had a couple of decent shots in the end. He easily could have never had a full season in the WRC, which would have been pretty tragic. If he hadn't, there'd have always been that big 'what might have been' question. But realistically, we got the answer to that question. It was an interesting ride with some great memories (I will never forget watching the Mexico 2017 Powerstage live), but I think we can say that, for better or worse, we were able to see what he was capable of.

mknight
10th December 2019, 20:18

Tidemand very unlikely unless he pays it all.

Greensmith will surely do some rounds but who knows how many.

Think they are taking their time with Lappi, but it really is his only option.

Grundo Farb
10th December 2019, 20:46
Tidemand very unlikely unless he pays it all.

Greensmith will surely do some rounds but who knows how many.

Think they are taking their time with Lappi, but it really is his only option.

My gut says if it was Lappi it would have been done by now. I think it will be a combination of drivers, if I was them I would be looking at Paddon and Mikkelsen very seriously. Perhaps not Mikkelsen if he has a program with Hyundai in the background, but M-Sport will certainly consider all their options.

They also need to get ready for the hybrid era so a driver that can help that in the background would be very useful.

er88
10th December 2019, 21:30
Msport with the pay drivers Suninen and Greesmith plus whoever else pays. Let's hope Lappi can get a deal even though that will involve some budget/ or his future career earnings linked back to Malcolm.

Shame when they could've taken 2 of the drivers without a drive alongside Suninen. Disappointed in them tbh.

But they've obviously decided without a Tanak/ Ogier, what's the point in supporting or hiring other drivers properly.

AndyRAC
10th December 2019, 22:06

A shame yes; not sure about wasted. He did eventually get the long awaited break in the WRC; as there was a time when it seems everything was against him - a lack of seats and unable to raise funds, not helped by his nationality.

One wishes him good luck in the future; he seemed pretty happy in his Instagram post - Andorra is an outdoor activity paradise.

wrc2017
10th December 2019, 22:29
Love it..

Typical Meeke.. while others are selling their organs.. he steps away, and let them fight for scraps. Don't believe he ever paid to drive a rally car... and stuck by that principle.

Still think we will see him in WRC in 2020.

Grundo Farb
10th December 2019, 23:22
https://www.odt.co.nz/sport/motorsport/paddon-sets-his-sights-long-term

RAS007
11th December 2019, 00:23
Love it..

Don't believe he ever paid to drive a rally car... and stuck by that principle.

He's a professional; that means getting paid to do the job, not having to pay for the pleasure. Good for him.

the sniper
11th December 2019, 00:49

£150k/€175k per round doesn't seem too unreasonable. I'd have expected it to be a bit more costly.

RS
11th December 2019, 04:39

Maybe he can get in that Hyundai b-team for NZ at least.

AnttiL
11th December 2019, 05:08
This part was interesting

Piloting a WRC Ford is a no-go.

“M-Sport is just not an option for us ... We’ve got to respect what Hyundai New Zealand are doing to support us and that’s the brand that we’re going to stay loyal to.’’

AnttiL
11th December 2019, 05:18
Michelin will not do their WRC videos anymore, and supposedly some other company is carrying over the Sweden tests (with Michelin tyres though)

https://www.facebook.com/100000701810747/posts/2972095346157163/

This article also suggests they're not sponsoring the series anymore (it also includes talk about the control tyre tender). Meanwhile, Fiore Brivio from the bankrupt DMack works now at MRF.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/motor-sport-news/20191127/282033329049506

Maybe MRF will take over in 2021?

EstWRC
11th December 2019, 05:43
Michelin will not do their WRC videos anymore, and supposedly some other company is carrying over the Sweden tests (with Michelin tyres though)

https://www.facebook.com/100000701810747/posts/2972095346157163/

This article also suggests they're not sponsoring the series anymore (it also includes talk about the control tyre tender). Meanwhile, Fiore Brivio from the bankrupt DMack works now at MRF.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/motor-sport-news/20191127/282033329049506

Maybe MRF will take over in 2021?

it really seems so based on that article and rumours. Interesting times ahead of 2021 then, drivers getting used to the new tyres for 2021

deephouse
11th December 2019, 13:39
This part was interesting

The thing is M-Sport did mention him for cooperating in 2020, besides Mikkelsen, Breen, Greensmith and Lappi. Other drivers was named ''others''. But I think that after 2 failed attempts at the Fiesta's wheel the universe did told him to stay away. Hyundai should call him for NZ drive in main team or B one. From marketing aspects they would hit the lotto.

kornes
11th December 2019, 23:07
Are there any possibilities to see Bouffier in MC?

dimviii
12th December 2019, 12:49
Rubén Pérez
@RubnPerez

Interesting to see the Citroën C3 WRC again test.

Yoann Bonato, champion of the #CFR in 2017 and 2018, will be during today and tomorrow test with the vehicle of the French brand.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELlAnq0WsAAQVcn?format=jpg&name=small

https://twitter.com/RubnPerez/status/1205065432086056965

Possible participation in any #WRC test privately with said vehicle ?. #WRC We'll see.

dimviii
12th December 2019, 12:51
Rallirinki / Teemu
@HartusvuoriWRC
·
39m
Kalle Rovanperä quit his military service. Reconsidering the continuation on November 2020.

cali
12th December 2019, 15:26
Rubén Pérez
@RubnPerez

Yoann Bonato, champion of the #CFR in 2017 and 2018, will be during today and tomorrow test with the vehicle of the French brand.

Possible participation in any #WRC test privately with said vehicle ?. #WRC We'll see.Hopefully with an updated aero. That bodykit looked very aggressive

Allez Andruet
12th December 2019, 16:12
Rallirinki / Teemu
@HartusvuoriWRC
·
39m
Kalle Rovanperä quit his military service. Reconsidering the continuation on November 2020.

Kalle has plenty of time to finish it, November 2020 sounds like it comes quite fast. I guess he has some four to five months to go and as long as he serves them before turning 28, he's got nothing to worry about. Maybe he'll rejoin in 2025 with few titles under his belt ;)

Got Mail
12th December 2019, 19:55
Rubén Pérez
@RubnPerez

Possible participation in any #WRC test privately with said vehicle ?. #WRC We'll see.

Can anyone tell what team is running the test?

jbmarcus21
12th December 2019, 20:35
it was a good bye to C3WRC for Citroen staff ;) ► http://bit.ly/2M3X5FB

AnttiL
13th December 2019, 09:22
Michelin waves goodbye to rallying

https://twitter.com/MichelinTyres/status/1205415824602882048

cali
13th December 2019, 10:04
So everybody's leavin'?

rallyfiend
13th December 2019, 10:14
Michelin waves goodbye to rallying

https://twitter.com/MichelinTyres/status/1205415824602882048

That may be just for the end of the season...

The new tyre supplier deal (single supplier) doesn't kick in until 2021....

the sniper
13th December 2019, 12:51
I hope the MRF money will be worth it... Michelin and Pirelli were strong brands for the WRC to be associated with.

Andre Oliveira
13th December 2019, 12:57
No more achievements of Michelin like “500th victory”... lol unique tyre suplier

dimviii
15th December 2019, 07:37
Rallirinki / Teemu
@HartusvuoriWRC

A recent interview with @JariMattiWRC
in @hsfi
today.
- He has received an offer from TMR for Sweden and Finland and has "made his decision".
- 200 000e per event
- He's considering Wales but 3 events seems maximum.
- No longer working with manager Jouhki

https://twitter.com/HartusvuoriWRC/status/1206116387275649024

racerx1979
15th December 2019, 08:30
At least Jouhki leaving is one positive.

AnttiL
15th December 2019, 18:45
At least Jouhki leaving is one positive.

Obviously he cannot pay for Jouhki's services without a works deal. And on the contrary, Jouhki probably doesn't want to "invest" in Latvala at this point of his career.

Latvala seemed quite assured he won't do more than two rallies (Finland and Sweden). Even adding Wales as a third event looked uncertain.

er88
15th December 2019, 19:11
Unless it's purely for pleasure, doing Wales as a privateer is a bit silly. 200k to have a horrible road position where the surface is all cut up.

AnttiL
15th December 2019, 19:14
Unless it's purely for pleasure, doing Wales as a privateer is a bit silly. 200k to have a horrible road position where the surface is all cut up.

I thought of the same. He should try Portugal instead.

AnttiL
15th December 2019, 19:19
https://www.rallit.fi/wrc-promoottori-etsii-yha-chilen-mm-rallille-korvaajaa-ei-sille-asialle-ole-takarajaa/

Ciesla has said in Motorsport News that there could still be a fourteenth round on the 2020 WRC season, they haven't stopped searching for a replacement to Chile.

doubled1978
15th December 2019, 20:02
I thought of the same. He should try Portugal instead.

It’s true, but he seems to be aiming for the events he likes the most, and Wales is one of those. On a purely selfish note I hope he does Wales, as it will be another good WRC car to watch!

deephouse
15th December 2019, 20:19
Rally Poland is running 26-28 june. The closest rallies on WRC are Sardegna (4-7 jun) and Kenya (16-19 jul). I mean it's the most possible by my opinion and they said that tey want to get back as soon as possible. Estonia is pretty close after Kenya so I don't think that this could be replacement. Canada have few rallies next year scheduled. Croatia could mix up but I think that there is money issue. The remaining interested countires who want to host the rally on WRC calendar could seen this opportunity to jump in. India, Russia, Korea, Ireland...

the sniper
15th December 2019, 20:25
Canada have few rallies next year scheduled. Croatia could mix up but I think that there is money issue. The remaining interested countires who want to host the rally on WRC calendar could seen this opportunity to jump in. India, Russia, Korea, Ireland...

Zero chance for any of them. Too late. Only rallies that are already planned/running or possibly WRC rounds dropped last year (like Corsica) stand a chance of being ready.

Allez Andruet
16th December 2019, 08:45
https://www.is.fi/ralli/art-2000006344797.html

Citing the famous sources, Finnish media IS reports it's the C3 WRC that Östberg will compete with in 2020. Make of that what you will.

racerx1979
16th December 2019, 09:01
As many events as he can afford... One event, two maybe five?? Hope it's a good amount if the rumor is true. Will be nice to see the new aero if at all possible...

able1
16th December 2019, 10:20
Will Ostberg drive 2019 c3 or the one with all those aero upgrades?

Ifox95
16th December 2019, 11:23
Zero chance for any of them. Too late. Only rallies that are already planned/running or possibly WRC rounds dropped last year (like Corsica) stand a chance of being ready.

An Irish Event would be more than capable of stepping up at Late Notice, a cross border event or indeed an entire event in the Republic of Ireland would make for an ideal replacement, International events in Ireland are known for their excellent Preparation and Organization.

Hartusvuori
16th December 2019, 12:55
Will Ostberg drive 2019 c3 or the one with all those aero upgrades?

Rumour has it the aero upgrades were never homologated. If someone knows the FIA site well enough, I think the answer can be found there.

AnttiL
16th December 2019, 13:02
Rumour has it the aero upgrades were never homologated. If someone knows the FIA site well enough, I think the answer can be found there.

Citroen didn't have anymore homologation jokers for 2019? Would they still do one for 2020? Could they?

Fast Eddie WRC
16th December 2019, 13:08
Dont worry about it having new aero... just getting a C3 WRC back out in 2020 will be good.

Plus it was already a good car on gravel events which is what Ostberg will chose to drive...

dimviii
16th December 2019, 13:09
any news Spanish speaking mates?

Confidential @marca
’In today's newspaper. On a passage that occurred the night after the German Rally, which, in the long run, generated the butterfly effect through which the spectrum of the next World Cup has been completely transformed. #WRC

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EL5k-u_XYAATxKI?format=jpg&name=medium

https://twitter.com/NachoVillarin/status/1206512789453443072

Fast Eddie WRC
16th December 2019, 13:57
Basically Sordo gave Adamo Tanak's number and restarted their talks...

https://www.marca.com/motor/rallies/2019/12/16/5df6553d22601d6b2b8b45f3.html

rallyfiend
16th December 2019, 14:19
Citroen didn't have anymore homologation jokers for 2019? Would they still do one for 2020? Could they?

that would mean registering as a manufacturer.

and that would mean committing to enter every event with two cars...

Fast Eddie WRC
16th December 2019, 14:40
European champion targets WRC move: https://t.co/WzOH9oZnBp

pantealex
16th December 2019, 14:42
that would mean registering as a manufacturer.

and that would mean committing to enter every event with two cars...

Is that rule still in 2020 "Rule-book" ?

WRC needs all possible cars now and believe FIA knows that...

rallyfiend
16th December 2019, 15:06
Is that rule still in 2020 "Rule-book" ?

WRC needs all possible cars now and believe FIA knows that...

And FIA likes the money that comes from registering...

SubaruNorway
16th December 2019, 15:40
Østberg is doing some meetings this week to try and do something in C3 WRC but not looking too positive.
The deal with Citroën Norway is to do some of the Norwegian championship in the R5

https://parcferme.no/rally/citroen-blir-etter-alle-solemerker-mads-sin-losning-for-neste-sesong/?fbclid=IwAR0tt6O8ZOCL5LjuO-TbZXnoSV8SKlvQz9Ycyv4ZhlR1qMG56NiGwG6qBsQ

Andre Oliveira
16th December 2019, 17:48
Eric Camilli and Bryan Bouffier in C3 WRC? Crazy rumours

https://www.dhnet.be/sports/moteurs/wrc/des-c3-wrc-privees-au-monte-carlo-une-4e-toyota-et-hyundai-meeke-a-la-retraite-5df64a23f20d5a0c46047655

dupanton
17th December 2019, 07:24
Eric Camilli and Bryan Bouffier in C3 WRC? Crazy rumours

https://www.dhnet.be/sports/moteurs/wrc/des-c3-wrc-privees-au-monte-carlo-une-4e-toyota-et-hyundai-meeke-a-la-retraite-5df64a23f20d5a0c46047655

If there is 1 belgian (journalist) you shouldn't trust too much, it's Olivier Dewilde...

dimviii
17th December 2019, 19:20
http://www.brr.at/presse/presseberichte/presse/detail/rallye-goes-electric-rallye-unter-strom-von-der-rallye-auf-die-strasse/

harriswrc
18th December 2019, 12:50
2020 WRC Sporting regulations are out
http://fia.com/file/115290/download

Interesting point:
5.3 PARTICIPATION – WRC TEAM
A WRC Team;
5.3.1 Undertakes to take part in a minimum of 7 nominated rallies
including one outside Europe with a World Rally Car of the homologation number 400/01 WRC.
5.3.2 Will be eligible to score points only when there is a team
scoring points in the WRC Manufacturer Championship with
the same car homologation.
5.3.3 Will be awarded points according to Art. 3.3 of these
regulations.
5.3.4 Must pay a registration fee of €22,050 in order to score points
irrespective of the number of rallies entered.
5.3.5 Cannot nominate a driver who has been nominated to score
points in the corresponding Manufacturer Team in the same
season.
5.3.6 Must inform the FIA of the name of the driver for the purpose of
scoring points before the closing date of entries of each rally
that they want to score points.
5.3.7 For the purposes of mechanical components, a WRC Team will
be considered in the same way as a Non-WRC Manufacturer
entry.

mknight
18th December 2019, 13:25
It opens for "2nd teams" blocking points from other manus, so we get fewer situations where a driver finishes 30 mins behind on 30th place but still scores manu points for 5-6th place.

However, this:

season.

Makes it very problematic for Hyundai (and easy for Toyota with Katsuta). Hyundai would want to use Mikkelsen or Breen in the main team for Sweden/Finland/GB, this way they can't without removing the blocking option on other rallies.

pantealex
18th December 2019, 16:43
It opens for "2nd teams" blocking points from other manus, so we get fewer situations where a driver finishes 30 mins behind on 30th place but still scores manu points for 5-6th place.

However, this:

season.

Makes it very problematic for Hyundai (and easy for Toyota with Katsuta). Hyundai would want to use Mikkelsen or Breen in the main team for Sweden/Finland/GB, this way they can't without removing the blocking option on other rallies.

TGR can use Latvala also, Loeb and Sordo can´t drive same events...
so rule suites better for Toyota.

SubaruNorway
18th December 2019, 19:54
Champagne on Mr and mrs Østberg after visiting Citroën Racing today, hopefully that means good news!

Allez Andruet
18th December 2019, 21:24
Finnish forestry machinery manufacturer Ponsse announced on their FB page that they "will continue to support Esapekka Lappi in the World Rally Championship in 2020".

deephouse
19th December 2019, 13:43
Jourdan Serderidis with Skoda Fabia R5 Evo II on Safari Rally Kenya 2020 competing in WRC-3.

Co-driven
19th December 2019, 14:32
An updated Codasur calendar has been released yesterday, and it says that Rally Argentina (will also count for Codasur) has moved one week from original WRC calendar published.

This Codasur calendar should be an "official" document, but as there was no updates from WRC calendar, I don't know which date should be considered right now.

go mads
19th December 2019, 21:24
@RallyRACC today announce it will run a two day event in salou for Spanish national championship in october. Chances of seeing entries from toyota and Hyundai?

Allez Andruet
20th December 2019, 07:38
https://twitter.com/T_Tuominen/status/1207906587609882624

Finnish co-driver turned tv-presenter turned co-driver turned tv-presenter Tomi Tuominen tweets that Lappi's contract with M-Sport is presumably announced today.

mknight
20th December 2019, 08:05
He's just saying deadline for Monte entry is today and therefore Lappi at MSport will be shown...

We have seen quite many times that it can take quite long from the deadline to the list being published.

Anyway it's very likely, the more interesting news possibly coming is whether there will be a 3rd Fiesta and who will drive it and whether any extra Hyundai drives or not.

EstWRC
20th December 2019, 08:08
well usually M-sport has made their announcement at least before christmas, i dont remember them making after it.

so i actually believe this, also considering Milleners tweet last week that" theres lot to talk in the coming days" or smth like that

Allez Andruet
20th December 2019, 08:16
He's just saying deadline for Monte entry is today and therefore Lappi at MSport will be shown...

Nope, he doesn't say it's because of that.

Full translation of the tweet:

The entries for WRC season opener, Rally Monte-Carlo, will be closed today. Presumably the partnership of Esapekka Lappi and M-Sport will also be revealed today. It also means that in Sweden in February there will be four Finnish WRC drivers.

RS
20th December 2019, 08:20

The entries for WRC season opener, Rally Monte-Carlo, will be closed today. Presumably the partnership of Esapekka Lappi and M-Sport will also be revealed today. It also means that in Sweden in February there will be four Finnish WRC drivers.

Who is the 4th?

Allez Andruet
20th December 2019, 08:23
Who is the 4th?

Latvala in a TMR Yaris WRC.

RS
20th December 2019, 08:27
Latvala in a TMR Yaris WRC.

I forgot Kalle!

EstWRC
20th December 2019, 10:03
What’s written here ? https://twitter.com/stephuyfontaine/status/1207971284442845184?s=21

TheFlyingTuga
20th December 2019, 11:33
That he is impaciente to start the new season and see what it will be with two cocks like Tanak and Neville the same team. But I only read the big letters

BigWorm
20th December 2019, 11:45
Two cocks as in roosters. Or pricks. Or both.

TheFlyingTuga
20th December 2019, 11:56
Two cocks as in roosters. Or pricks. Or both.

Yes, bad choice of word there. Sorry guys

dupanton
20th December 2019, 12:13
Most interesting imo is that they don't fear Tanak because he will have difficulties to adapt to the car. It's not an easy car apparentely.
They fear Ogier more than Tanak.

EstWRC
20th December 2019, 12:29
ok thanks guys

BigWorm
20th December 2019, 12:37
Yes, bad choice of word there. Sorry guys

No, it's correct ;)

EstWRC
20th December 2019, 14:29
Due to circumstances out of our control, regrettably there will no longer be an official WRC presence at ASI. There will, however, be a display of historic rally cars and M-Sport Ford WRT will unveil its 2020 WRC campaign. We also promise plenty of iconic rally drivers on stage.

https://twitter.com/autosport_show/status/1208039410668847106?s=21

the sniper
20th December 2019, 14:38
Due to circumstances out of our control, regrettably there will no longer be an official WRC presence at ASI. There will, however, be a display of historic rally cars and M-Sport Ford WRT will unveil its 2020 WRC campaign. We also promise plenty of iconic rally drivers on stage.

They were way too slow to announce that...

I get the feeling that advance ticket sales haven't been that good.

AnttiL
20th December 2019, 17:19
Pirelli won the four year tyre tender from 2021

https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/december-2019/pirelli-tyres/page/6910--12-12-.html

steve.mandzij
20th December 2019, 21:09
An updated Codasur calendar has been released yesterday, and it says that Rally Argentina (will also count for Codasur) has moved one week from original WRC calendar published.

This Codasur calendar should be an "official" document, but as there was no updates from WRC calendar, I don't know which date should be considered right now.I'd be rather disappointed; the original 30 April - 3 May date meant Friday was May Day and a national holiday, perfect for bringing in more spectators.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

BobJones
21st December 2019, 10:03

Not ideal, a bit slow to announce too, but unfortunate.

The GR Yaris launch was supposed to be at Rally Australia. The cars were there.

When that event got canned, the launch was then switched to the Tokyo show which happened to be around the same time as ASI. WRC being integral to the promotion of that car, meant the rally drivers needed to be at the road car launch instead.

mknight
21st December 2019, 14:31

Looks like it was just his speculation since nothing happened. Hopefully we'll at least get the Monte entry list before the autosport show.

Allez Andruet
21st December 2019, 15:24
Looks like it was just his speculation since nothing happened.

Maybe, or then the announcement was just simply postponed for whatever reason. Few days ago there was some buzz about an imminent announcement elsewhere as well, not only in Tuominen's tweet.

T16
22nd December 2019, 19:59
Absolute speculation, or do they know something?

https://twitter.com/walesrallygb/status/1208840109480656896?s=21

AnttiL
22nd December 2019, 20:31

Seems quite far-fetched, especially when both of them have announced different plans (Latvala to drive only Toyota, Meeke to say goodbye to WRC)

doubled1978
22nd December 2019, 20:46
Seems quite far-fetched, especially when both of them have announced different plans (Latvala to drive only Toyota, Meeke to say goodbye to WRC)

Seems an odd thing to post if there is no reason to post it.
I’m sure WRGB would like especially Meeke in a car to help with ticket sales...

the sniper
22nd December 2019, 20:53

Seems like an oddly specific thing to tweet if there's nothing to it. I mean, specifically referring to Ford.

At the end of the day, having Meeke in a Fiesta could be the best chance for M-Sport to win a rally next season. Maybe more than once. Could also be very costly in terms of replacement parts... But if Malcolm wishes to have a proper go at it and can afford it, a line up of Meeke, Lappi and Suninen looks like an exciting prospect, that could deliver wins on occasion.

If Lappi and Suninen are bringing some money, maybe Meeke could take the free seat* that Evans had?

(*I know some people don't believe Evans had a free drive, but I really think he did.)

lankey555
22nd December 2019, 21:50
It seems Kris is still doing so work with Toyota was in the GR-4 last week

Andre Oliveira
22nd December 2019, 22:20
Gus / Marshall
Suninen / Marshall
Paddon / Marshall

racerx1979
23rd December 2019, 00:11
Tweet says "driver"

AnttiL
23rd December 2019, 05:55
It seems Kris is still doing so work with Toyota was in the GR-4 last week

It’s still 2019

Allez Andruet
23rd December 2019, 06:15
If Lappi and Suninen are bringing some money, maybe Meeke could take the free seat* that Evans had?

I'm quite sure there are no free seats at M-Sport (except for someone called Ogier). Evans most likely will "pay" for his time at M-Sport for the rest of his career. And quite rightly so. It would make no sense to invest in Meeke. Or maybe would have, but some 10 years ago, not in 2020.

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd December 2019, 11:54
Seems just wishful-thinking from someone at WRGB, hoping to see one of those big names at their rally next year.

Highly unlikely with M-Sport though.

deephouse
23rd December 2019, 18:06
I'm quite sure there are no free seats at M-Sport (except for someone called Ogier).

Through the year Wilson didn't pay interest in Ogier but in Tanak.

Allez Andruet
23rd December 2019, 18:33
Through the year Wilson didn't pay interest in Ogier but in Tanak.

For 2020 there would have been a free seat for Tänak as well, that's a no-brainer. I wrote on the basis of what has actually happened.

Andre Oliveira
24th December 2019, 02:49
In official website of Paraguay presidency: candidate to WRC near future

https://www.presidencia.gov.py/noticia/37119-mandatario-apoya-proceso-de-candidatura-de-paraguay-para-el-mundial-de-rallies.html#.XgE4ntJKiUk

EstWRC
24th December 2019, 08:46
As YLE Sports yells at Tommi Mäkinen, Toyota's team captain, for the first comment from French multiplayer Ogier about his new car, Mäkinen can't hide his enthusiasm.

- There came a clear comment that "Yes! It's nice to sit in a top car now!"

My first impression of the car is good. It's a championship car. Now it's our turn to do the job. I'm really excited and motivated. Sure, the car still needs getting used to. Especially here on the snow I have not yet found full credit for it. However, Toyota was so fast this year that if it doesn't get up to speed next season, it's worth looking in the mirror, Ogier laughs.

https://translate.google.ee/translate?hl=et&tab=wT&authuser=0&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fyle.fi%2Furheilu%2F3-11132668

MartijnS
24th December 2019, 09:47
In official website of Paraguay presidency: candidate to WRC near future

https://www.presidencia.gov.py/noticia/37119-mandatario-apoya-proceso-de-candidatura-de-paraguay-para-el-mundial-de-rallies.html#.XgE4ntJKiUk

Should be fun :D https://youtu.be/yUOpoQSrsKs?t=24

the sniper
24th December 2019, 10:54
Should be fun :D https://youtu.be/yUOpoQSrsKs?t=24

If their rally isn't 800+km, I'll be sorely disappointed! https://www.ewrc-results.com/timetable/57050-petrobras-transchaco-rally-2019/

They're really proving over there what R5s can stand up to... Great that a rally like that still exists for contemporary machinery somewhere in the world, good on them!

Hartusvuori
27th December 2019, 07:34
If their rally isn't 800+km, I'll be sorely disappointed! https://www.ewrc-results.com/timetable/57050-petrobras-transchaco-rally-2019/

They're really proving over there what R5s can stand up to... Great that a rally like that still exists for contemporary machinery somewhere in the world, good on them!

I have difficulties in believing the average speed (193 km/h) when seeing the videos. It's damn fast event, but average of over 190 km/h can't be anything else than a flat out straight for 800 kms. Could someone explain?

tommeke_B
27th December 2019, 08:02
A quick search on google shows that these results on eWRC are wrong. My bet is that they're the results before the final leg. Final results can be seen clicking on the link on the bottom of this page: https://www.tacpy.com.py/blog/3221/las-cifras-finales-del-xlvi-petrobras-transchaco-rally

The winner has a time of 6 hours 7 minutes and 5 seconds without penalties, which means an average of 133kph.

dimviii
27th December 2019, 08:13
at these countries there are some stages with such average(190km/h)

AnttiL
27th December 2019, 12:25
AFAIK current WRC cars have a top speed of 190 km/h in rally spec so they couldn’t make such avg speed even on a drag race track

liposh
27th December 2019, 18:52
Yes, but max. speed of Mitsu evo X is 220kph or maybe even more, so average of 190 kph is possible.

Oops!
27th December 2019, 20:56
The retirement list doesn't make for good reading when it comes the the R5 cars compared to the finishers list!

AnttiL
28th December 2019, 06:50
http://trackleaders.com/transchaco17

I managed to find a some sort of map from Transchaco 2017. The red lines are special stages. For example at the Northmost point of the route, there's SS15 which is 25 km of just straight road. SS7 is 43 km with one 500m twisty passage, three 90° turns and otherwise just straight road.

I don't find this rally interesting in WRC context.

AnttiL
28th December 2019, 10:11
http://trackleaders.com/transchaco17

I managed to find a some sort of map from Transchaco 2017. The red lines are special stages. For example at the Northmost point of the route, there's SS15 which is 25 km of just straight road. SS7 is 43 km with one 500m twisty passage, three 90° turns and otherwise just straight road.

I don't find this rally interesting in WRC context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPcxLY6zQOA

Here's an onboard from what I recognize as SS11. The beginning and end are like highway, and in between there's offroading.

Fast Eddie WRC
28th December 2019, 10:39
Here comes Max McRae ... what a name !

https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/december-2019/mcrae-challenge/page/6913--12-12-.html

Tauri_J
28th December 2019, 13:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPcxLY6zQOA

Here's an onboard from what I recognize as SS11. The beginning and end are like highway, and in between there's offroading.

Its crazy how fast they're going on that narrow road after the "highway". Was thinking if a bump came, it would be an instant cartwheel...and it came but they somehow survived it. https://youtu.be/UPcxLY6zQOA?t=191

AnttiL
28th December 2019, 14:40
Its crazy how fast they're going on that narrow road after the "highway". Was thinking if a bump came, it would be an instant cartwheel...and it came but they somehow survived it. https://youtu.be/UPcxLY6zQOA?t=191

Yeah, I had to watch that like 10 times but I still don't understand what happens or how they manage to keep going :D

Oops!
28th December 2019, 19:37

The big moment at 3min 10 secs....... F**k that.... How to kill a rally car in 3 days... And that's if you finish...

Arnold Triyudho Wardono
29th December 2019, 13:05
Here comes Max McRae ... what a name !

https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/december-2019/mcrae-challenge/page/6913--12-12-.htmlThe question is, how fast he is compared with Kalle & Oliver..?

Sent from my Redmi 6 using Tapatalk

AnttiL
29th December 2019, 14:12
The question is, how fast he is compared with Kalle & Oliver..?

Let’s get back to that in five years or so

the sniper
29th December 2019, 18:53
The question is, how fast he is compared with Kalle & Oliver..?

Way too early to tell, he hasn't even done a rally yet! I think it's going to be tougher for him though, particularly with living in Australia. There will need to be some pretty big decisions/commitments made near the end of next year if he's going to go down the same path as Kalle and Oliver. It'll be interesting to see what his program is in 2021/2, to see how serious he is.

AnttiL
30th December 2019, 10:25
https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/147744/ogier-hasnt-demanded-number-one-status-at-toyota

Ogier hasn't demanded number one status at Toyota, everyone is equal as the season starts...

Fast Eddie WRC
30th December 2019, 10:40
https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/147744/ogier-hasnt-demanded-number-one-status-at-toyota

Ogier hasn't demanded number one status at Toyota

Maybe because it goes without saying for a 6x World Champion, versus a 1x rally winner, and a rookie...

RAS007
30th December 2019, 19:14
Maybe because it goes without saying for a 6x World Champion, versus a 1x rally winner, and a rookie...

I’m not a huge fan of Ogier, but will be really interested to see if he can equal Kankkunen’s unbeaten record of 3 driver’s titles with three different manufacturers. On a related note, other than Ogier, who was the last driver to win the driver’s title with more than one manufacturer? Röhrl?

masa90
30th December 2019, 19:19
I’m not a huge fan of Ogier, but will be really interested to see if he can equal Kankkunen’s unbeaten record of 3 driver’s titles with three different manufacturers. On a related note, other than Ogier, who was the last driver to win the driver’s title with more than one manufacturer?

Röhrl?

There is not many multiple time champions: Ogier, Loeb, Grönholm, Mäkinen, Kankkunen, Sainz, Biasion, Röhrl.

And out of those only Ogier, Kankkunen and Röhrl won it with more than one manufacturer in total.

Allez Andruet
30th December 2019, 19:35
That's rare indeed. As masa90 wrote, only Röhrl, Kankkunen and Ogier have managed to do it. Mikkola (1979) and Grönholm (2006) have also been close to achieve it (Mikkola retrospectively), but being close naturally doesn't count here.

AnttiL
30th December 2019, 19:51
Mikkola (1979) and Grönholm (2006) have also been close to achieve it

Sainz 1995? Auriol 1992?

Allez Andruet
30th December 2019, 20:09
Sainz 1995? Auriol 1992?

Close (like McRae in 2001), yes, but not as close as those two. Röhrl was also pretty damn close to snatch it with a third manufacturer in 1983.

RAS007
30th December 2019, 20:25
Röhrl?

There is not many multiple time champions: Ogier, Loeb, Grönholm, Mäkinen, Kankkunen, Sainz, Biasion, Röhrl.

And out of those only Ogier, Kankkunen and Röhrl won it with more than one manufacturer in total.

Isn’t that exactly what I said?

masa90
31st December 2019, 12:47
Well after you edited your post yeah surely.

Fast Eddie WRC
31st December 2019, 13:39
Mads Østberg @MadsOstberg

HAPPY NEW YEAR & thank you for all your support through 2019. I'm happy to announce that the rally season 2020 will kick off with two rallies in the Norwegian Championship. Sigdalsrally 18th January and Rally Finnskog February 1st. More news regarding 2020 will come shortly ��

pantealex
31st December 2019, 13:42
Mads Østberg @MadsOstberg

HAPPY NEW YEAR & thank you for all your support through 2019. I'm happy to announce that the rally season 2020 will kick off with two rallies in the Norwegian Championship. Sigdalsrally 18th January and Rally Finnskog February 1st. More news regarding 2020 will come shortly ��

Monte is between those dates...

Fast Eddie WRC
31st December 2019, 15:33
Monte is between those dates...

Yep. He was never likely to be in Monte.

He'll likely start on one of his favourite events (Sweden), then onto the gravel he prefers.

rallyfiend
31st December 2019, 16:09
Yep. He was never likely to be in Monte.

He'll likely start on one of his favourite events (Sweden), then onto the gravel he prefers.

He was listed on the initial entries for Monte issued to the media by ACM...

EstWRC
1st January 2020, 09:32
Happy New Year everyone and we have our first "news" of the year.

OFFICIALLY A HYUNDAI MOTORSPORT DRIVER FROM TODAY (1 JANUARY), WORLD CHAMPION OTT TÄNAK TALKS FOR THE FIRST TIME ABOUT HIS MAIDEN TEST IN AN I20 WRC.

Q. You drove the car in the French Alps for the first time last month. How was it?
A. I actually did a seat fitting before the first proper test, but that was just driving around slowly. The testing time is quite limited, so we didn’t want to be wasting time on the first proper test getting the seat sorted out. When I drove the car, straight away it was OK. It was good. It was driving easily and there was a good feeling for the car.

Q. The consistent conditions were conducive to a first test?
A. We had some ice places in the morning and then a little bit in the shade, but really the road was quite dry and consistent – this is good for learning the new car.

Q. Whose set-up did you use?
Thierry (Neuville) and Séb (Loeb) had already driven the car and their settings are not so far apart. The car was quite similar to them and I drove like this. Then we were just doing some fine-tuning to the car after that. That was helping me get comfortable with the car, but you know at this level, if the car’s good then the car’s good. And this is a good one.

Q. What do you need from the car for Rallye Monte-Carlo?
A. Monte Carlo is not normally so much about the peak performance, it’s not all about the speed you can make from the car. It’s such a tough event, it’s more about finding the comfort and confidence. A lot of that comes from the small details, but I got all I wanted from my comfort in the car.

Q. You test again in the coming days. What are you looking for in that test?
A. I want some more tricky conditions. I have an idea for the car in normal conditions, but now we need to find more snow and ice for the next Monte test.

Q. And what’s the welcome from Hyundai been like?
A. Really good. There’s no doubt this is a factory team, it’s obvious from the way the team is running it’s a very high level. They know what they’re doing, the feedback and support immediately was really good and very much at the top level. I’m happy.

https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january-2020/tanak-test/page/6914--12-12-.html

mknight
1st January 2020, 13:52
Sadly this is press-release level of information, much like most info coming out when he was at Toyota.

Thierry (Neuville) and Séb (Loeb) had already driven the car and their settings are not so far apart. The car was quite similar to them and I drove like this. Then we were just doing some fine-tuning to the car after that. That was helping me get comfortable with the car, but you know at this level, if the car’s good then the car’s good. And this is a good one.

How does that explain Loeb being the slowest WRC on tarmac on the last rally while Neuville won it? Maybe there is more to it than just the car being "good" for a press-release.

(Though the car he drove was not the same car that Neuville/Loeb drove in Spain, at least what concerns diffuser, exhaust, roof vent and who knows what else.)

cali
1st January 2020, 13:56
Sadly this is press-release level of information, much like most info coming out when he was at Toyota.

How does that explain Loeb being the slowest WRC on tarmac on the last rally while Neuville won it? Maybe there is more to it than just the car being "good" for a press-release.

(Though the car he drove was not the same car that Neuville/Loeb drove in Spain, at least what concerns diffuser, exhaust, roof vent and who knows what else.)Well this is something that no drivers say in public and we will never know unless we have an insider.

wyler
1st January 2020, 16:27

https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january-2020/tanak-test/page/6914--12-12-.html

I found these more interesting...