PDA

View Full Version : Alt text on flags

Dave B
13th December 2006, 14:22
At the moment, the alt text on all the flags is "[member]'s Flag".

I'm pretty good with most of Europe and any country which holds F1 races, but not so good when it comes to the lesser-known countries.

I do miss the ability to hover over flags and find out where users are from. Can it be item number 4,922 on the list of things to be fixed? :)

EuroTroll
13th December 2006, 14:35
:up:

I'm also pretty good with flags generally, but some of the flags the British members use do elude me occasionally. :p : For instance, I thought Dave Brockman's was Lesotho, but no! :)

donKey jote
13th December 2006, 21:31
grumble grumble EU flag moan grumble whine :p :

Storm
14th December 2006, 06:26
LOL donkey.....But yes the ALT text is helpful when someone uses Tuvalu/Tahiti style flags.

Erki
14th December 2006, 09:20
At least now there are ALT texts, old forum hadn't those, I always had to go to image properties or sth and cjeck.

W8&C
15th December 2006, 05:02
Sadly there´s still no EU Flag... Please!

And btw.: no Bavarian Flag too! :)

RaceFanStan
15th December 2006, 14:00
At least now there are ALT texts, old forum hadn't those, I always had to go to image properties or sth and cjeck.
Perhaps you had something blocked in the old forum as Dave is correct ...
because if you hovered over the flag, the country DID appear in a small pop-up. :D

Erki
15th December 2006, 16:21
Perhaps you had something blocked in the old forum as Dave is correct ...
because if you hovered over the flag, the country DID appear in a small pop-up. :D

Maybe, but in another (vBulletin) forum with flags, all the flags had alt text come up.

Mark
18th December 2006, 08:11
Well the flag will always match up with what's in your 'location' field, so there's no problem there ;)

EuroTroll
18th December 2006, 08:57
And btw.: no Bavarian Flag too! :)

Yes, and I still greatly miss the flag of the municipality of Keila in the county of Harjumaa in Northern Estonia. :hmph: :p :

Mark
18th December 2006, 09:22
yes, me too :p

Daniel
18th December 2006, 09:37
I think purely for the reason of having text on our flags we should go back to the old forums. I hate the fact that you can reply quickly with the new VB software and that things seem to run faster. Quite frankly it makes me sick and it has to stop :angryfire

donKey jote
18th December 2006, 20:37
I found the EU flag again, it had been there all along ;) :D
Thanks Mark :up:

Valve Bounce
21st December 2006, 04:52
My flags are gone, and so is everybody else's :(

Dave B
21st December 2006, 14:30
They're ok here, have they sorted themselves out in the 9 hours since you posted that? :)

Valve Bounce
22nd December 2006, 02:59
Yeah, my flag has shifted to the right hand top corner of each post.