PDA

View Full Version : WRC Calendar 2020

Rallyper
20th August 2019, 09:51
This week could give us the answer of next years calendar. So comments before under and after we have it?

Finland two weeks later?

Got Mail
20th August 2019, 09:56
Germany stays and Turkey leaves would be my guess.

AnttiL
20th August 2019, 10:03
Germany stays and Turkey leaves would be my guess.

Japan replaces essentially Corsica as a tarmac round and Kenya replaces Turkey as a rough rally, keeping the overall structure equal to this year. However, with Spain becoming a full tarmac round the amount of tarmac is increased. This assuming that the Northern Ireland tarmac rally won't happen...

tomhlord
20th August 2019, 10:22
New Zealand instead of Australia?

pantealex
20th August 2019, 14:50
Usually FIA doesn´t make many changes same time ...

Mintexmemory
20th August 2019, 16:26
This assuming that the Northern Ireland tarmac rally won't happen...

Sal the 2nd has it right, The problems of a 'hard border' in the island of Ireland if Brexit goes ahead and the absence of a functioning local administration mean that there is no way NI can take the GB round. If they wait long enough there will just be one country to apply for resurrection of Rally Ireland as a competitor to GB for an autumn round in the calendar.

Rallyper
20th August 2019, 17:17

So, in your opinion, what changes will come?

pantealex
20th August 2019, 19:35
So, in your opinion, what changes will come?

I don´t know. Too many rumours...

rallyfiend
20th August 2019, 19:48

I guess their changes depend on the ambition of WRC Promoter, whose job it is to propose it....

Gregor-y
21st August 2019, 00:15
If they wait long enough there will just be one country to apply for resurrection of Rally Ireland as a competitor to GB for an autumn round in the calendar.
Then as with NZ and Australia the Irish can trade off with Scotland.

Rally Power
21st August 2019, 16:47
No need to encourage the French to have a round on the mainland (FIA dont consider the Monte a French rally)

Spot on. The promoter’s idea to get a rally in French mainland to replace Corsica (ignoring that Monte-Carlo is run on French mainland) sounds surreal, especially when new countries are standing in a queue to enter the WRC.

deephouse
21st August 2019, 17:54
Spot on. The promoter’s idea to get a rally in French mainland to replace Corsica (ignoring that Monte-Carlo is run on French mainland) sounds surreal, especially when new countries are standing in a queue to enter the WRC.

Get it. French. As long as it will be tarmac it doesn't matter so it can break down gravel hiatus

DocMS
26th August 2019, 23:56
Have the FIA even set a final date for annoucing calander for 2020 yet?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

KiwiWRCfan
27th August 2019, 05:56
Have the FIA even set a final date for annoucing calander for 2020 yet?
Friday highlights on Red Bull TV had a small section on 2020 Calendar. It said withing next 1 to 2 weeks. Not sure how official that timeline is.

Andre Oliveira
29th August 2019, 21:07
�� WRC 2020 (via Charly Barazal)

���� Monte-Carlo
���� Sweden
���� Mexico
���� Chile
���� Argentina
���� Portugal
���� Sardinia
���� Safari
���� Finland
���� Deutschland
���� New Zealand
���� Catalunya
���� Northern Ireland
���� Japan

mknight
29th August 2019, 21:19
4 out of 5 last rallies on tarmac and all gravel before that. Dunno tbh, if a driver gets a lead after Finland, it will be very hard to catch on tarmac after that.

Allez Andruet
29th August 2019, 21:22
�� WRC 2020 (via Charly Barazal)

���� Monte-Carlo
���� Sweden
���� Mexico
���� Chile
���� Argentina
���� Portugal
���� Sardinia
���� Safari
���� Finland
���� Deutschland
���� New Zealand
���� Catalunya
���� Northern Ireland
���� Japan

IMO it's missing that sort of a grande finale (à la rainy and muddy Rally GB), but other than that, very very very good. And to see these current beasts on the mighty rally roads of NZ... just beautiful. Can't wait.

Andre Oliveira
29th August 2019, 21:35
WRC should end with 2 European rounds EVER!

Simmi
29th August 2019, 22:14
Is that guy a reliable source?

GigiGalliNo1
30th August 2019, 03:32
RallySport Magazine notes that Turkey and Corsica will be out, Australia swapped with NZ for one year...

Germany stays

Auto Hebdo also mentioned the issues between choosing Turkey and Germany and it being an ultimatum.

racerx1979
30th August 2019, 07:51
RallySport Magazine notes that Turkey and Corsica will be out, Australia swapped with NZ for one year...

Germany stays

Auto Hebdo also mentioned the issues between choosing Turkey and Germany and it being an ultimatum.

NZ will take over AUS for good after next year. The event will be held in the north island and half of all Kiwis in Auckland will attend which is about 100 times more than the poor attendance for Australia.

GravelBen
30th August 2019, 08:38
Half the spectators in Aussie are from NZ anyway! ;)

I'll be happy if NZ is back in the WRC (captain obvious strikes again) but don't want to get my hopes up too much until its official.

GigiGalliNo1
30th August 2019, 09:28
Amen!

Rallyper
30th August 2019, 11:03
Half the spectators in Aussie are from NZ anyway! ;)

I'll be happy if NZ is back in the WRC (captain obvious strikes again) but don't want to get my hopes up too much until its official.

Hopes for Paddon return then! :)

wwbroe
30th August 2019, 18:33
According to Paul Fraikin the calender of WRC 2020 would be like this:

Monte Carlo
Sweden
Mexico
Chili
Argentina
Portugal
Sardinia
Kenya
Finland
Germany
New Zealand
Spain
Northern Ireland
Japan

T16
30th August 2019, 19:47
According to Paul Fraikin the calender of WRC 2020 would be like this:

Monte Carlo
Sweden
Mexico
Chili
Argentina
Portugal
Sardinia
Kenya
Finland
Germany
New Zealand
Spain
Northern Ireland
Japan

Still can’t believe the GB one will not be in the main land... and not even gravel!
What a crock of shit.

spiderem
30th August 2019, 19:54
As much as I am open to changes, for me a season should start in Monte and finish in GB... Can't quite explain why, but Monte is a big gamble and it's a nice rally to kick off the season after the break with pretty much any driver having a chance to win, and GB late in the year with rain, darkness, mud, etc. just has all the ingredients for a drama finale.

tommeke_B
30th August 2019, 19:57
Well, this is caused by the MSA, not FIA... ;) I'm afraid that, in the long run, this move could cause a "Brexit" from the WRC calendar. I don't really understand what's wrong with Wales Rally GB. As long as they manage to organize it, they should keep it.

lankey555
30th August 2019, 22:22
If they can get to use the right stages rally NI will be amazing we have had to travel across to Wales is time for u guys to come this way!!!

Mk2 RS2000
31st August 2019, 07:26
Still can’t believe the GB one will not be in the main land... and not even gravel!
What a crock of shit.
The UK is a small country land mass wise, it takes bugger all time to travel from point A to point B so get over it, in reality you are only looking at provincial locations in reasonable sized countries

er88
31st August 2019, 08:53
NI will be a year max I reckon. Think plans will be getting put in place for it to be moved elsewhere on the mainland for 2021 onwards

T16
31st August 2019, 09:20
The UK is a small country land mass wise, it takes bugger all time to travel from point A to point B so get over it, in reality you are only looking at provincial locations in reasonable sized countries

Chill out pal, I’m allowed to whinge about losing my favourite rally from a reasonable location and it will mean a ferry journey and a lot more driving, so it will be a bit or a chew on!

T16
31st August 2019, 09:22
NI will be a year max I reckon. Think plans will be getting put in place for it to be moved elsewhere on the mainland for 2021 onwards

Hope this is the case!
I remember being in England, Scotland and Wales all in the same day once to follow it. Screaming the balls off my mates fiesta pop plus!

MentalParadox
31st August 2019, 13:08
What a disappointment, this calendar. Turkey, a proper rough gravel rally, gone in favor of Germany. And the season ends with 4/5 tarmac rallies, ending with an unknown rally Japan? Come on... Wales Rally GB should be the final event.

Mirek
31st August 2019, 13:20
Turkey is the last thing I would miss. AFAIK many crews don't like it as well.

But I agree that the season end shall not be Japan.

AnttiL
31st August 2019, 15:00
What a disappointment, this calendar. Turkey, a proper rough gravel rally, gone in favor of Germany.

Just think that Turkey is replaced with Kenya and Corsica with Japan.

Mk2 RS2000
31st August 2019, 21:47
Chill out pal, I’m allowed to whinge about losing my favourite rally from a reasonable location and it will mean a ferry journey and a lot more driving, so it will be a bit or a chew on!

Well I for one can’t wait for Rally NZ to be included even though from halfway down the South Island where I live it is 1250km by road to Auckland where the rally will be based plus we have to add in a ferry crossing between the two islands where on a reasonably calm days there is only a three metre swell in Cook Strait. The excitement is building

the sniper
1st September 2019, 04:24

The nature of the event will be entirely different from what Rally GB has always been. It'll serve a different market to Rally GB. Trivialising the move to NI as just being a issue for fans in Britain not wanting to travel over to NI is a nonsense, particularly on this forum in particular where a good number of us Brits who post here already attend rallies overseas, with those being further away than Northern Ireland...

I believe there is great merit in holding a WRC rally in Northern Ireland. That doesn't mean that we can't lament that it could/has come at the cost of ending one of international rallying's historic fixture's.

I can see it staying there for a few years, before the UK is dropped entirely... If they can manage to get the funding for NI next year, given the prevailing circumstances, then keeping the funding coming going forward should be relatively easier.

I'm getting the feeling that the gradually reduced funding from the Welsh Government is making the Welsh event appear unviable to Motorsport UK going forward. Scotland seems like the strongest theoretical alternative in GB, but is the appetite there to fund a motorsport event that isn't entirely electric in this day and age? If there were supporters of the cause in the Scottish Government already talking up the idea a rally there (like in NI) it might seem possible, but at the moment there seems to be no noise from them at all. So, at the very least, there's a lot of work to be done on Scotland. England? It would seem to me that you'd need a collaboration of too many local/regional authorities on side to even contemplate it being possible to get the event off the ground.

Sulland
1st September 2019, 10:23
This calendar is i killer for privateers!

I can in a way understand the thinking behind FIAs plan to try to be a pusher of rally to the world.

But lets be realistic, rally as a "large" sport is european. All factories of WRCars, and WRC2 cars are in europe.
The first layer cars produced outside europe is R4 and it is good that local tuners can finally play a part at FIA level.

But I think the expansion policy of FIA is wrong.

The result is that up and coming drivers can not afford anything else than the euro rounds on the calendar. So maybe this will give boost to ERC, as a feeder series to factory seats in WRC.
WRC will loose the privateer figting factory aspect, that has been unique to the world championsip in rally. Too bad.

mknight
1st September 2019, 10:42
The rules actually say that WRC teams have to be based in Europe.

Fast Eddie WRC
1st September 2019, 10:51
The Promoter appears to command that the rally cant stay in Wales permanently and needs to move to different parts of the UK, presumably to generate greater interest and new fans.

It seems a case of 'needs must' for Rally GB going to NI as the first move, as this is the only other area with the big interest in rallying and people willing and able to make it happen.

After watching thrilling rallying on the island of Ireland for decades I for one will be happy to see a WRC event on their fantastic roads (Finland on tarmac) whether it be as Rally GB or Rally Ulster.

GravelBen
1st September 2019, 11:22
This calendar is i killer for privateers!

I can in a way understand the thinking behind FIAs plan to try to be a pusher of rally to the world.

But lets be realistic, rally as a "large" sport is european. All factories of WRCars, and WRC2 cars are in europe.
The first layer cars produced outside europe is R4 and it is good that local tuners can finally play a part at FIA level.

But I think the expansion policy of FIA is wrong.

The result is that up and coming drivers can not afford anything else than the euro rounds on the calendar. So maybe this will give boost to ERC, as a feeder series to factory seats in WRC.
WRC will loose the privateer figting factory aspect, that has been unique to the world championsip in rally. Too bad.

But when was the last time there was a privateer genuinely fighting against the factory teams?

Fast Eddie WRC
1st September 2019, 11:38

Check out what the N.Ireland road conditions can be like if it's wet...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-1loCBHRfw

Sulland
1st September 2019, 12:22
What a crock of shit.

Last time I checked the globus, the whole thing was an island :beer::laugh:, but see your point.
is then the plan that the same organisation will run the NI event, and let them swap venue every year, or is GB out?

tommeke_B
1st September 2019, 12:32
About Ireland, I can't see how you can let the numerous spectators have a good view of the action and meet the FIA safety standards. Those hedges all people are standing behind don't stop anything...

T16
1st September 2019, 15:22
Check out what the N.Ireland road conditions can be like if it's wet...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-1loCBHRfw

Yeah, I’ve seen a bit of their tarmac stuff over the years, but it’s not gravel.

wia5958
1st September 2019, 18:57
Yeah, I’ve seen a bit of their tarmac stuff over the years, but it’s not gravel.

No it's not but it's not your average tarmac rally either. Given setup is a mix of gravel and tarmac suspension and roads that are quite often ultra slippery when wet but extremely abrasive when dry. Def a must view live for any rally fan

wia5958
1st September 2019, 21:36
How do we know it will be tarmac here's a clip of some of the gravel stages available in ni

https://youtu.be/MBKxZr0HaCU

the sniper
1st September 2019, 21:50
How do we know it will be tarmac here's a clip of some of the gravel stages available in ni

https://youtu.be/MBKxZr0HaCU

If it's going to Ireland or Northern Ireland it has to be tarmac. Anything else would be ridiculous. I doubt there is enough decent forest millage to host a WRC round anyway.

er88
1st September 2019, 22:23
110% it is going to be tarmac - if it is indeed in NI.

wia5958
1st September 2019, 22:30
If it's going to Ireland or Northern Ireland it has to be tarmac. Anything else would be ridiculous. I doubt there is enough decent forest millage to host a WRC round anyway.

Yeah that's the problem plenty of forest but no decent length stages available

T16
1st September 2019, 23:18
No it's not but it's not your average tarmac rally either. Given setup is a mix of gravel and tarmac suspension and roads that are quite often ultra slippery when wet but extremely abrasive when dry. Def a must view live for any rally fan

I get it and it sounds amazing, I will make the trip one day, but in this case, I just want the Rally GB (the RAC to me) to be in a muddy forest, somewhere i don’t need to get a ferry.

GigiGalliNo1
2nd September 2019, 09:23
Perhaps such a calendar shake up is what the sport needs. Ending in Ireland... why not!

No more Turkey.. shame as it's unique if you're there compare to the same old same old Portugal and other Gravel events...

Bringing back NZ is great. When Canada comes back if it does that'll be great too. Start a year with Monte and Sweden... then end it with Canada and Ireland!

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd September 2019, 13:36
https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/september-2019/mcrae-celebration/page/6633--12-12-.html

This sounds good... but a pity they couldnt move Rally GB to Scotland for 2020. That would be a proper way to commemorate Colin's World Championship win.

the sniper
4th September 2019, 15:13
Motorsport UK has officially announced the British Championship calendar with "Wales Rally GB – Date TBC" listed as a reserve round. You surely have to presume that they know where they're going to hold their own event.

T16
4th September 2019, 16:04
Motorsport UK has officially announced the British Championship calendar with "Wales Rally GB – Date TBC" listed as a reserve round. You surely have to presume that they know where they're going to hold their own event.

If they decide to take it to Ireland, will they have enough time between now and when it’s scheduled to run? I would have thought that it would have been set in stone by now.

Fast Eddie WRC
4th September 2019, 18:09
Rumour on the AR podcast that Rally GB is in Wales for another year before going to N.Ireland in 2021...

Got Mail
4th September 2019, 23:18

Particularly when the British Championship Manager and Rally GB Clerk of the Course are the same person....

AnttiL
5th September 2019, 08:36
BRC also announced Ulster Rally to be run 22th of August. That's the date where Rally Finland is supposed to go. Also it's probably unlikely that NI would host separate BRC and WRC events?

the sniper
5th September 2019, 12:48
Also it's probably unlikely that NI would host separate BRC and WRC events?

I would say it isn't a relevant factor. The Cambrian Rally in the BRC is essentially a scaled down version of Wales Rally GB, even almost wholly consisting of forests/stages used by the latter later in the year.

PLuto
5th September 2019, 14:19
BRC also announced Ulster Rally to be run 22th of August. That's the date where Rally Finland is supposed to go. Also it's probably unlikely that NI would host separate BRC and WRC events?

Finland will stay on beginning of August.

Brynmor Pierce
5th September 2019, 15:12

Why not? Wales does with the Cambrian and Rally GB based in the same town

AnttiL
5th September 2019, 19:24
Why not? Wales does with the Cambrian and Rally GB based in the same town

Cambrian rally has been arranged since the 50's and Wales Rally GB is a descendant of the RAC rally. They have been organized separately for decades, so it's not a problem that they're based in the same area. Anyway, I'm not familiar with NI's rallies but I would except that it would have to be a major rally that they would transform to WRC level. But wouldn't they run a candidate run?

Rally Power
5th September 2019, 20:55
Perhaps such a calendar shake up is what the sport needs. Ending in Ireland... why not!
No more Turkey.. shame as it's unique if you're there compare to the same old same old Portugal and other Gravel events...

Apparently you’ve miss this year revised Rally de Portugal, including the return of Arganil iconic stages. Anyway, having NZ back will certainly be great for the WRC but it’s too early to tell how much events like the new Safari, Japan and even NI will help to improve the series.

Brynmor Pierce
5th September 2019, 23:03
Cambrian rally has been arranged since the 50's and Wales Rally GB is a descendant of the RAC rally. They have been organized separately for decades, so it's not a problem that they're based in the same area. Anyway, I'm not familiar with NI's rallies but I would except that it would have to be a major rally that they would transform to WRC level. But wouldn't they run a candidate run?

I mean what would I know...only living with 20 miles of the stages, competing on the Cambrian 15 or so times...

the sniper
6th September 2019, 01:55
I mean what would I know...only living with 20 miles of the stages, competing on the Cambrian 15 or so times...

I think you've taken what he's saying the wrong way.

Any WRC rally in Northern Ireland would be organised by Motorsport UK's Events Team (formally known as IMS), the same organiser behind Rally GB. While I can't think of any precedent where an event has changed so dramatically, I doubt they'll be required to run a candidate rally, as it'll essentially be a continuation of Rally GB with the organiser having proven themselves there. They may well be assisted by people from the Northern Ireland Motor Club (who organise the Ulster Rally) or Ulster Automobile Club (who organised the Circuit of Ireland and continue to organise the UAC Easter Stages in its place), but I imagine Motorsport UK will wish to retain full control of the event.

AnttiL
6th September 2019, 07:57
Of course I might be wrong in this. Maybe the organisation of Wales Rally GB could be just moved over to NI to form a new WRC rally from scratch. Just assuming things here :)

Ifox95
6th September 2019, 11:31
What a crock of shit.

Stop referring to England, Scotland & Wales as the "Mainland", no need to get political here, you swear Ireland was the size of the Isle of Wight the way your talking, btw the rotation idea is a brilliant one at that, nice to mix it up a bit, don't need to be so stuck in your ways T16!

T16
6th September 2019, 12:03
Stop referring to England, Scotland & Wales as the "Mainland", no need to get political here, you swear Ireland was the size of the Isle of Wight the way your talking, btw the rotation idea is a brilliant one at that, nice to mix it up a bit, don't need to be so stuck in your ways T16!

Apologies, didn’t mean to offend with my use of mainland.
It doesn’t matter to me what size Ireland is, it just makes it much more of a trek and chew on getting there.
As for being stuck in my ways... each to their own I guess. Have Ireland as a separate event, but please don’t take away the mud and the forests of rally GB.

Farbar1
8th September 2019, 00:31
I don't know what is going on but the WRC promoter must be pretty incompetent if they haven't been able to come up with a 2020 calendar by now.

Zeakiwi2
8th September 2019, 06:47
The calendar/ events for top tier motorsport series are usually signed off at a World Motorsport Council meeting. http://aroundtherings.com/site/A__77070/Title__FIA-ANNOUNCES-WORLD-MOTOR-SPORT-COUNCIL-DECISIONS/292/Articles (next meeting 4th October 2019 - Germany)

deephouse
8th September 2019, 07:45
I think that they have issues with Safari round. It's all about dates.

PLuto
8th September 2019, 13:42
I think that they have issues with Safari round. It's all about dates.

There are more issues with it. And lot of people is angry that still lot of things is not decided yet...

AnttiL
8th September 2019, 17:37
It's a good theory that they don't want to release a calendar with no Turkey just before Rally Turkey is about to be arranged.

deephouse
8th September 2019, 21:08
There are more issues with it. And lot of people is angry that still lot of things is not decided yet...

And we know from the last years that nothing is release to the public early at least scheduled ones. They like to keep it to the last.

KiwiWRCfan
10th September 2019, 08:17
Illy Caro interviews Peter Enckell, international relations manager of Rally Estonia about when Estonia might become part of WRC calendar.
First 2 minutes in Spanish with English sub-titles, then rest is in English.
Illy Caro was a presenter in Spanish language version of WRC radio and is one of several presenters of a regular rally podcast in Spanish
https://youtu.be/SKqxoL9z2hE

KiwiWRCfan
15th September 2019, 02:44
Please form an orderly queue while waiting
https://kawowo.com/2019/09/14/fia-still-weighing-options-for-2020-wrc-calendar/

KKS
15th September 2019, 12:12
Is visit of Totd to Turkey however related to keep this rally on a calendar at least for 2020?

the sniper
15th September 2019, 16:04

Todt further asserts that WRC in Africa will be a big boost to road safety campaign.

“Africa is still behind when it comes to road safety. People are not well informed on road safety issues since the level of education are still down among others.

“WRC in Africa will help us address road safety issues in Africa just like in other countries,” he added.

Yeah, alright mate... Save that for the UN application forms.

PLuto
15th September 2019, 20:38

Only jokes...

Fredouye
17th September 2019, 18:51
"Kenya has signed a three-year deal with the promoter to run the event as part of the #WRC from 2020 to 2022"
Phineas Kimathi
Safari Rally Project CEO

https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan/status/1174026715493888000?s=19

rallye-vid
18th September 2019, 12:01
Rallye Deutschland could move in October next year 🤔🥶

MartijnS
18th September 2019, 12:05
Not so good weatherwise, but actionwise not too bad :D

maailmameister
18th September 2019, 12:26
https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/146072/wrc-calendar-delay-a-sign-of-its-popularity--todt
Monte Carlo
Sweden
Mexico
Argentina
Chile
Portugal
Sardinia
Kenya
Germany
Finland
New Zealand
Turkey
GB
Japan

Eli
18th September 2019, 12:42
https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/146072/wrc-calendar-delay-a-sign-of-its-popularity--todt
Monte Carlo
Sweden
Mexico
Argentina
Chile
Portugal
Sardinia
Kenya
Germany
Finland
New Zealand
Turkey
GB
Japan

So basically, we are left with 2 (Monte is a special kind) of Tarmac rounds....great...

Fredouye
18th September 2019, 12:46
Maybe GB will take place in Ireland, on tarmac...

EstWRC
18th September 2019, 13:03
Spain dropped? Didnt see that one coming to be honest, why dont they drop Turkey and put Spain in

er88
18th September 2019, 14:36
That calendar has a tarmac shaped whole after Chile, way too much gravel. I'd love Spain to be squeezed in there but the chances of that are zilch, so even if Spain just remained over Turkey later in the season I'd have been happy. Doesnt sit right with me that we only have two pure tarmac events in the 14 round championship, and I was looking forward to Spain being full tarmac again and not mixed.

AnttiL
18th September 2019, 15:17
http://www.revistascratch.com/wrc/noticia/el-rallyracc-en-riesgo-de-caerse-del-wrc-en-2020-52494

According to this Germany would take Catalunya's place in October, whereas Finland would then take Germany's place in late August. That would also ensure a summer break for the drivers, as Kenya is now added after Sardegna.

er88
18th September 2019, 15:30
So possibly no Tarmac round until the last few months of the season? Germany will be wet hell in October as well.

Mirek
18th September 2019, 15:41
Spain dropped? Didnt see that one coming to be honest, why dont they drop Turkey and put Spain in

70 crews entered Catalunya last year, 28 entered Turkey this year. It's indeed sad :(

PLuto
18th September 2019, 16:40
70 crews entered Catalunya last year, 28 entered Turkey this year. It's indeed sad :(

Number of competitors is not important for them...

er88
18th September 2019, 16:59
Thing is the calendar is close to being really good in my eyes, which is annoying;

>Nice split between fly away events and European rounds.
>Classics such as Monte/Sweden/Argentina/Finland/ GB and a return for an old favourite like New Zealand.
>New events in Japan and Kenya, which will be exciting to add to Chile which joined this year and had great roads.

Changes I'd make would be to change Sardinia for a tarmac round on the mainland, or another tarmac round elsewhere in europe. Would also have Spain (full tarmac like was planned) over Turkey, and move Japan before GB and go back to having the finale of the season in the muddy, rain soaked forests.

tomhlord
19th September 2019, 12:02
Changes I'd make would be to change Sardinia for a tarmac round on the mainland.

Sardegna does nothing for me as a rally. Italian tarmac, however, I'd love that in the WRC calendar.

EstWRC
19th September 2019, 12:14
Thing is the calendar is close to be really good in my eyes, which is annoying;

>Nice split between fly away events and European rounds.
>Classics such as Monte/Sweden/Argentina/Finland/ GB and a return for an old favourite like New Zealand.
>New events in Japan and Kenya, which will be exciting to add to Chile which joined this year and had great roads.

Changes I'd make would be to change Sardinia for a tarmac round on the mainland, or another tarmac round elsewhere in europe. Would also have Spain (full tarmac like was planned) over Turkey, and move Japan before GB and go back to having the finale of the season in the muddy, rain soaked forests.

Totally agree with you.

this would DO for me (although i would swap Kenya for Estonia or Poland but thats not realistic)

Monte Carlo
Sweden
Mexico
Argentina
Chile
Portugal
Spain (full tarmac)
Kenya
Germany
Finland
New Zealand
Japan
GB

DocMS
19th September 2019, 17:46
Dropping Spain for Germany disappointing. Germany in October not be as pleasant to spectate as Salou.

McRae555
19th September 2019, 18:31
Germany is way more spectacular than Spain imo. And unlike most of the guys here, I'm happy that Turkey stays. Along with Kenya, they are gonna be the most challenging rallies of the calendar.

Eli
20th September 2019, 17:07
Not anything official, so obviously do take this with a grain of salt: https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/artikel/das-ist-der-neue-termin-der-rallye-deutschland-42021/

Germany could move to middle of October, and the calendar will then follow to NZ & Japan to close the season, so:

Monte Carlo, Sweden, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Portugal, Sardinia, Kenya, Finland, Turkey, Wales, Germany, New Zealand and Japan.

Again, only speculations, hopefully we'll find out soon enough.

the sniper
20th September 2019, 17:41
I don't think they'd put the two 'fly away' rallies together at the end due to the gap required for logistics. They'd normally put a European round between them to fill the time gap. In this case I could see GB between them.

Eli
20th September 2019, 19:16
I don't think they'd put the two 'fly away' rallies together at the end due to the gap required for logistics. They'd normally put a European round between them to fill the time gap. In this case I could see GB between them.

Again, it's just speculations at this point, too early to tell, hopefully we'll know before October the 4th.

DocMS
20th September 2019, 19:33
Not anything official, so obviously do take this with a grain of salt: https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/artikel/das-ist-der-neue-termin-der-rallye-deutschland-42021/

Germany could move to middle of October, and the calendar will then follow to NZ & Japan to close the season, so:

Monte Carlo, Sweden, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Portugal, Sardinia, Kenya, Finland, Turkey, Wales, Germany, New Zealand and Japan.

Again, only speculations, hopefully we'll find out soon enough.So with this do we expect Finland to keep same date after summer break instead of moving to end of August as first thought?

Pršljen
20th September 2019, 19:34
And wouldn't Japan be somw kind od copy of Monte Carlo at that time of year? It would be a real roller coaster to finish the season on a rally like that.

SubaruNorway
20th September 2019, 22:07
Germany is way more spectacular than Spain imo. And unlike most of the guys here, I'm happy that Turkey stays. Along with Kenya, they are gonna be the most challenging rallies of the calendar.

I don't agree with that, the landscape and history in Spain makes it special in it's self, i got a buz just driving the road sections!
From what I've heard Germany is one of the worst events to spectate.
Nearly 2 million people agree, my video from last year https://youtu.be/qMu1tOds8-Q

satnav
20th September 2019, 23:55
I don't agree with that, the landscape and history in Spain makes it special in it's self, i got a buz just driving the road sections!
Nearly 2 million people agree, my video from last year https://youtu.be/qMu1tOds8-Q

I have to agree here , I've been to both and Spain is way above Germany in my book , but everyone is entitled to an opinion.

CWJ
21st September 2019, 06:28
Its just a rotation for one year as I understood, that gives Spain time to settle a proper tarmac event for 21.

Tauri_J
21st September 2019, 07:58

Went to Germany this year. Awesome experience, and had no trouble with spectating. Also a very good itineary, 14 out of 19 stages were possible to watch.

Eli
21st September 2019, 11:06

I respectfully disagree, went to the event this time, was pretty special, very nice to spectate and a very very good atmosphere. Enjoyed it immensely, would nice to see it in October with more mixed conditions as this time was summer sunny only. Then again, haven't seen Catalunya yet unfortunately.

KiwiWRCfan
21st September 2019, 19:53
apparently latest edition of France's AutoHebdo magazine has an interview with Yves Matton that includes some discussion about rotation of events in WRC for future years. Has anyone seen it and could they provide a summary of what is written.

Allez Andruet
21st September 2019, 20:25
If demand is bigger than supply then rotation is the only possibility. So did it work last time out? Probably not, but maybe the "Estonian concept" could be replicated for the events without official Championship status?

Tarmop
22nd September 2019, 07:41
Depends on many aspects, in some cases/regions it could work very well, in others...no chance.

Andre Oliveira
23rd September 2019, 22:43
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFKkz--XsAA1Xsq?format=jpg&name=small

Rally Hokkaido
23rd September 2019, 23:37
Several competitors at APRC Rally Hokkaido last weekend featured this sticker on their back window. I spoke with one senior rally person there who said there is concern about the lack of WRC experience of the Rally Japan Organsiers. A driver from that region told me that he doubted that any of the stages used by the candidate event would be suitable for WRC Cars! I believe that when the event is confirmed there will be a simultaneous announcement of all the important details of 2020 Rally Japan

EstWRC
24th September 2019, 05:25
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFKkz--XsAA1Xsq?format=jpg&name=small

worrying for Aava and co. Its the kind of date as Rally Estonia has had past years (12-14 july this year), there must be also a summer break somewhere, so good luck to them getting drivers for next years Rally Estonia.

AnttiL
24th September 2019, 07:18
The summer break thing is interesting. The rumored calendar would have Chile move earlier in the calendar to be before Argentina, in the place where Corsica is dropped off. This would leave a full month between Argentina and Portugal, and then another month before Kenya. After that it would be again three week gaps, I suppose. Another option on this system would be to move Portugal and Sardegna earlier to make up one long summer break instead of two shorter ones.

AndyRAC
24th September 2019, 14:23
I liked the old summer break in the mid/late 90s. Acropolis was first weekend in June - then there was about a 6 week break until NZ towards the end of July.

Rally Hokkaido
27th September 2019, 04:14
From Rally New Zealand FB page: "We understand that the FIA will be announcing the 2020 World Rally Championship calendar tonight. Rally New Zealand is confident that it will be included on the WRC calendar for the first time since 2012.

A positive result overnight would be an historic outcome for New Zealand and Motorsport in our country.

After many years of lobbying to Bring Back WRC Rally New Zealand we are awaiting the announcement tonight with interest.

Keep an eye on the social feeds after 10pm tonight. "

#WRC #RallyNewZealand #BringBackWRCRallyNewZealand #Rally #ATEED #AucklandCity #FIA

Fredouye
27th September 2019, 10:59
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190927/55b28d7e89cd1fc7830f9eb1ca545c8c.jpg

Eli
27th September 2019, 11:16
At long last: https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/september-2019/2019-world-rally-championship-calendar/page/6690--12-12-.html

er88
27th September 2019, 11:36
Good to have it confirmed. Lacking another pure tarmac event earlier in the season but exciting new rallies and a return to NZ. Harsh on Spain.

Fast Eddie WRC
27th September 2019, 11:43
FIA Rally Director Yves Matton commented:

“In order to further globalise the championship, we needed to have more WRC rounds outside Europe. I am glad to see the results of our expansion strategy, with emblematic events such as Kenya and Japan coming back to the WRC calendar next year, alongside New Zealand replacing Australia, while long-standing, iconic European events provide a great balance and preserve the DNA of the sport.

“Following the integration of Chile last year, the 2020 calendar also expands our presence on both the Asian and African continents.

“With the strong interest of many countries to host a WRC round, we had more high-quality candidates than the number of slots available in the calendar, which demonstrates the robust health and popularity of the championship. The rotation system that we are adopting gives us the opportunity to maintain a higher number of good events in the WRC.

“Thanks to the new calendar strategy that was put in place following the World Motor Sport Council in March 2019, we are able to announce the WRC schedule earlier than in recent years and in the future we aim to be in a position to publish it in March.”

tr4m
27th September 2019, 11:44
1 November Rally Great Britain So Wales is out? Didn't notice any further explanation where in GB the rally will take place but seems to be a gravel round
Germany marks the first pure asphalt round ahead of the final dirt road fixture in Great Britain...

T16
27th September 2019, 12:05
So Wales is out? Didn't notice any further explanation where in GB the rally will take place but seems to be a gravel round

Yeah - looks like Rally GB will be in Wales again.

I'm more surprised that there are so few tarmac rounds, given the additional development costs for the tarmac specifications, especially when everyone wants this whole thing to be as cost efficient as possible.

Edit: Cracking to see NZ back. Will they run the Motu? I remember that being mythical in status - proper stage.

swanny
27th September 2019, 12:13
Nice to see NZ in there. Germany in October? Better than nothing but certain to be a change in attire, especially compared to this year!

EstWRC
27th September 2019, 12:28
if they only would have Spain instead of Turkey, and Corsica instead of Kenya, and swap GB and Japan with GB being the last round and Japan penultimate, it would be amazing.

Other than that, i like it. Germany in October should hell of a fun!

GravelBen
27th September 2019, 12:29
Woohoo :bounce: :monkeedan: :bounce:

Might have to plan a road trip up north!

(I'm at the other end of NZ)

rallyfiend
27th September 2019, 12:46
To me, it looks like GErmany is at the expense of Spain...

Hence why Germany has had to slot in at the October slot where Spain would normally be.

Turkey has kept close to it's normal slot.

dck1989
27th September 2019, 12:57
http://www.rallyracc.com/2019/es/noticia_2347.html
Spain rotated this year and have signed up for 2020 and 2021

swanny
27th September 2019, 13:01
Woohoo :bounce: :monkeedan: :bounce:

Might have to plan a road trip up north!

(I'm at the other end of NZ)

Your only question should be: drive or fly? :D

Zeakiwi2
27th September 2019, 13:01
Hopefully Canada can get it together for 2021.

NZ = I expect the WRC cars to get caught in traffic gridlock if they go anywhere near Auckland. Probably about half million population increase since the last WRC event in 2012. Cars would have to leave like 4am from an Auckland Parc ferme to beat the morning traffic crawl.

Probably need a Dakar type marathon stage for NZ now where the competitors stay at a marae (Maori accommodation) or Air BNB in the regions, to reduce the chances of getting caught in a traffic snarl up.

Fast Eddie WRC
27th September 2019, 13:09
I'm happy to see a rally back on the African continent again. The great tradition of the Safari will be revived even if it's not as rough and long.

NZ really deserves to be back too with its stunning roads that the fans and driver's love.

Japan... well I guess with Toyota being back it was inevitable.

andyone
27th September 2019, 13:12
https://www.facebook.com/623565507658977/posts/2965678333447671/

andyone
27th September 2019, 13:14
I'm happy to see a rally back on the African continent again. The great tradition of the Safari will be revived even if it's not as rough and long.

NZ really deserves to be back too with its stunning roads that the fans and driver's love.

Japan... well I guess with Toyota being back it was inevitable.Ooh yes. Im happy its coming to us. I will be updating you guys as i will be on safari rally

Fredouye
27th September 2019, 13:34
http://www.rallyracc.com/2019/es/noticia_2347.html
Spain rotated this year and have signed up for 2020 and 20212021 and 2022 ;)

Eli
27th September 2019, 13:46
Yeah - looks like Rally GB will be in Wales again.

I'm more surprised that there are so few tarmac rounds, given the additional development costs for the tarmac specifications, especially when everyone wants this whole thing to be as cost efficient as possible.

Edit: Cracking to see NZ back. Will they run the Motu? I remember that being mythical in status - proper stage.

Will be enjoyable seeing Germany in the Autumn, won't be as sunny as it was this year ;)

Great to see NZ after being gone for 8 years now.. (since 2012), like EstWRC said, wish Corsica & Spain would be in the mix, and a bit foolish (especially if you want to reduce costs) to have NZ & Japan separately...

the sniper
27th September 2019, 13:52
... and a bit foolish (especially if you want to reduce costs) to have NZ & Japan separately...

Having them together would mean everything having to be sent by air freight between the two.

Fredouye
27th September 2019, 14:10
According to French newspaper L'Equipe, France will be back in 2021 and 2022, as Spain : https://www.lequipe.fr/Sport-auto/Actualites/Wrc-le-calendrier-2020-des-rallyes-confirme-sans-la-france/1063486

AnttiL
27th September 2019, 14:20
Some thoughts on the blog http://itgetsfasternow.com/2019/09/27/2020-wrc-calendar-thoughts/

Doon
27th September 2019, 16:53
Great looking calendar. NZ has always been a bucket list event, so I have to go if it’s a one-off. Does anyone know if it will be?

Safari is another classic, another bucket list event, as my dad competed on it twice.

Canada for Sweden in 2021 if the snow is poor? Any mileage in this rumour? Quebec is the perfect place for an event, was there during a national rally, loads of snow, -28 degrees, fantastic place, great for a winter holiday. Montreal is a great city, although Hockey will always overshadow any event in the area, the Bell Centre is an incredible place to watch sport!

AnttiL
27th September 2019, 16:58
Canada for Sweden in 2021 if the snow is poor? Any mileage in this rumour?

Sweden has a three-year contract and Canada hasn't shown much interest or effort in arranging a candidate rally.

tommeke_B
27th September 2019, 17:47
Been to Rally Sweden 6 times. The atmosphere is nice, lots of spectators, the stages are very nice, the organizers are doing a great job. No reason to replace Sweden with a country where 99% of people don't know what rallying is, no matter how much snow they get.

deephouse
27th September 2019, 20:35
Been to Rally Sweden 6 times. The atmosphere is nice, lots of spectators, the stages are very nice, the organizers are doing a great job. No reason to replace Sweden with a country where 99% of people don't know what rallying is, no matter how much snow they get.

The thing is that promoter wants one rally to be held in north america since the only country that show interest there is Canada. I believe that Abu Dhabi could be next one for middle-east or Jordan back

steve.mandzij
27th September 2019, 22:43
The thing is that promoter wants one rally to be held in north america since the only country that show interest there is Canada. I believe that Abu Dhabi could be next one for middle-east or Jordan backIf they're going for continents Mexico is already North America.

Morte66
29th September 2019, 12:08
If they're going for continents Mexico is already North America.

They are promoters. They don't think in continents, they think in television markets and audience income demographics. "North America" means "middle class USA with disposable income".

Tarmop
29th September 2019, 18:09
Then again, it`s Nascar territory...

denkimi
29th September 2019, 18:19
In the usa people don't want to see real fair racing or rallying, they want to see show. Crashes, fire, explosions, ...
As long as it requires a no longer attention span than 10 seconds, it can get popular. Otherwise, forget it.

Entertainer
1st October 2019, 17:23
In the usa people don't want to see real fair racing or rallying, they want to see show. Crashes, fire, explosions, ...
As long as it requires a no longer attention span than 10 seconds, it can get popular. Otherwise, forget it.

Quote of the year :D :D :D
Like the show though, visited Indy 500 this year, was a great spectacle!!

Allez Andruet
2nd October 2019, 21:24
https://www.rallit.fi/esapekka-lappi-ei-syty-legendaarisen-safari-rallin-paluulle-minulla-on-paljon-ennakkoluuloja/

Lappi has concerns about spectator safety when the series return to Kenya next year. Let's just say our crash in Argentina wasn't that safe due to spectators standing where they were. How are they going to handle these kind of things in Kenya?

But there are some positive things after all (regarding 2020 calendar): There's less tarmac, which is good because our car doesn't work on tarmac at all.

EstWRC
9th October 2019, 10:36
https://www.redbull.com/nz-en/wrc-drivers-suggest-new-race-locations

drivers giving their own ideas where to rally, pretty interesting

Fredouye
10th October 2019, 09:14
Rally GB back to Wales in 2020 : https://twitter.com/WalesRallyGB/status/1182213088726179840?s=19

Fast Eddie WRC
10th October 2019, 10:39
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wales-49988517

deephouse
10th October 2019, 15:35
Where did it go :P

AnttiL
10th October 2019, 15:39
Where did it go :P

Next it goes to Catalunya, and then to Australia. ;)

JUF
10th October 2019, 18:48
I was critical of Rally Turkey from the very beginning, but at least now where Turkey started to attack Rojava the FIA should throw them out of the calendar. Countries like Turkey shouldn't be supported by letting them organize a WRC event.

I´m also disappointed that no driver or team has expressed criticism over the politics in Turkey during the last two years the rally is taking place (or did I miss something?).

Tarmop
10th October 2019, 19:04
They have expressed criticism, but that is all they can do...
And for events taking place in countries attacking others...has happened, is happening, will happen in the future.

janvanvurpa
10th October 2019, 21:13
The thing is that promoter wants one rally to be held in north america since the only country that show interest there is Canada. I believe that Abu Dhabi could be next one for middle-east or Jordan back

The "country" Canada has not shown interest in hosting a WRC... only a small group of dreamers centered on one guy who is a former used car salesman with maybe 7 little 15-17 car rallies under his belt as a driver and years volunteering as "Media Manager' or some inflated title, and volunteer positions organising events that often had maybe 20 or occasionally as many as 30 cars entered...To be fair, he is in a province with many more cows than people and only thanks to oil that it exists....but there is no infastruture that could support a normal rally with 100 cars much less a WRC event....despite millions of miles of fantastic--albeit very VERY fast ----roads..

the guy is a joke and/or a fraud..not sure which...

Quebec 20 years ago seemed like it was on the way to having enough organisintional skill and popularity and poltical skill and connections to possibly consider because they had a very well supported amount of events so there was a base....also being Quebec they had the awareness of what a rally should be.....I did the last 4 rallies I ever did in Quebec and at Rally Quebec we started in the iconic Canadian Pacific hotel that sits in the heart of the city..
Unfortunately with the passage of time the rally scene in Quebec has collapsed and now just one decent rally and some local events with 5-8 cars and dozens of "sideby side" 4 wheel UTVs and its a real pity.
So pointless to think of a WRC in such circumstances...

And USA is in worse shape.https://trv-checkin.s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2015/06/Fairmont-Chateau-Frontenac.jpg

Priorat
11th October 2019, 03:35
There is even an event held at the end of this month in a country that is being attacked but another at the moment

Sulland
11th October 2019, 08:21
I was critical of Rally Turkey from the very beginning, but at least now where Turkey started to attack Rojava the FIA should throw them out of the calendar. Countries like Turkey shouldn't be supported by letting them organize a WRC event.

I´m also disappointed that no driver or team has expressed criticism over the politics in Turkey during the last two years the rally is taking place (or did I miss something?).

Countries with some sort of dictator running them should not be considerered for international sporting events/championships.

Ref world championship in Track and Field i Doha, and football world championship at the same place.

This is a task that FIA and that level of organisations need to consider when awarding. Human rights, the different freedoms as freedom of speach, free press, free religion, equality of people rights and so on.
Many people were killed in building stadiums in Doha, and people are treated more or less like modern slaves.
If the international sports federations award such countries large sports events, they more or less support the dictator and lack of human rights in that country.

Oliverk
11th October 2019, 09:06
Countries with some sort of dictator running them should not be considerered for international sporting events/championships.

Ref world championship in Track and Field i Doha, and football world championship at the same place.

This is a task that FIA and that level of organisations need to consider when awarding. Human rights, the different freedoms as freedom of speach, free press, free religion, equality of people rights and so on.
Many people were killed in building stadiums in Doha, and people are treated more or less like modern slaves.
If the international sports federations award such countries large sports events, they more or less support the dictator and lack of human rights in that country.
https://media.giphy.com/media/fGLM3nGAbD1WOCNblY/giphy.gif

skarderud
11th October 2019, 10:44

If the international sports federations award such countries large sports events, they more or less support the dictator and lack of human rights in that country.Its all about money, sadly, nothing about the sport.
Most FIFA people is under some sort of corruption investigation, same with most of the other big sporting assosiations, i've bet the same in FIA.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

deephouse
11th October 2019, 13:02
I bet half of them doesn't even care about sporting activities behind the organization as long is it money on the table. So the decisions made are sometimes stupid and worthless.

Fast Eddie WRC
17th October 2019, 09:49
Rotation: No Rally Germany 2021
ADAC Sports President Hermann Tomczyk saved the World CHampionship status of the Rally Germany with a feat of strength. It had to make compromises.

https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/artikel/rotation-keine-rallye-deutschland-2021-42275/

Japé
21st October 2019, 16:49
We know Rally Hokkaido is not part of the planned WRC round in Japan, but ;)

https://i.imgur.com/e7JnaMP.jpg

svstock
25th October 2019, 15:37
meanwhile...

https://i.imgur.com/Idn556J.png

#ralli-tekst-otse
https://discord.gg/yVqYv2q

KiwiWRCfan
25th October 2019, 19:25
meanwhile...

https://i.imgur.com/Idn556J.png

Also announced on WRC All Live the cars being taken to Chile will be left there to create a national junior category in Chile

the sniper
2nd November 2019, 09:44
I can't remember this being stated as a fact before, but in a comment column in the latest Autosport magazine*, David Evans says Aman Barfull, RACC Rally Director, said Spain lost its place because German had to be placated, having lost its F1 GP. Barfull apparently called it "crazy" and David Evans agreed.

*I'm still on the old subscription fee, I haven't paid £10.99!

Nelly
2nd November 2019, 13:53
Any news on the host city for Sardinia next year. I'm looking at accommodation. Cheers

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Eli
2nd November 2019, 16:32
Any news on the host city for Sardinia next year. I'm looking at accommodation. Cheers

I think they said it after the event, that they'll be back once again in Alghero, although there was talk of moving back to Olbia, at the end they've decided to stay put.

EstWRC
6th November 2019, 07:38
so, today is 6th november...next years Germany is 15-18 october, bascially we have to wait whole year to see pure tarmac event :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

we should have at least 4 tarmac rounds and one at least in the first half of the season.

Eli
6th November 2019, 09:40
so, today is 6th november...next years Germany is 15-18 october, bascially we have to wait whole year to see pure tarmac event :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

we should have at least 4 tarmac rounds and one at least in the first half of the season.

That's what happens when you do a rotational system just because Turkey payed to well to stay in the championship....the way I see it, if you wouldn't have Turkey they could easily have Spain, Germany & Japan as Tarmac rounds for next year, Corsica was always going to hang in the balance since they planned to return to the mainland, but leaving Spain out next year, don't care for it too much.

pantealex
6th November 2019, 15:13

and after Sweden we basically have to wait whole year to see snow event

so should we have at least 4 snow rounds ?

:) ;)

EstWRC
6th November 2019, 15:23
man you are comparing a tractor with a ferrari

id like to see two snow events as well, Sweden and Canada right after each other

dimviii
6th November 2019, 16:01

Rally ItaliaSardegna
@Rally_d_Italia
·
27m
��
Breaking news!
The
����
Italian round of the @OfficialWRC
doubles its location in 2020 and will kick-off from Olbia with the opening ceremony and the initial part. The rest will stay in the classic location of Alghero.
Infos
ℹ️
on http://rallyitaliasardegna.com
#jumpinginthedust

wwbroe
6th November 2019, 16:23
Does anybody know what area the shakedown will be held?

AnttiL
6th November 2019, 16:26
I’d guess it’s like in 2017. Most of the rally happens in Alghero, only the first night in Olbia and some Friday stages on the East side

Franky
6th November 2019, 17:17
man you are comparing a tractor with a ferrari

You can compare a Ferrari with a Lamborghini, always.