PDA

View Full Version : Wrc spain recommendations

Stuwrc
2nd July 2019, 19:51
Hi guys, I'm a huge fan of the wrc and looking to go to Rally Spain this year, if there's anyone here who jas been that could offer any tips /recommendations for getting to the stages, that would be great.

Many thanks
Stuart

Franky
2nd July 2019, 20:07
Hi guys, I'm a huge fan of the wrc and looking to go to Rally Spain this year, if there's anyone here who jas been that could offer any tips /recommendations for getting to the stages, that would be great.

Many thanks
Stuart

Rent a car or drive there. Or join some organised tour.

Nelly
2nd July 2019, 21:24
For your first time go with rally travel. You'll be in a hotel full of rally fans, close to service and shakedown. You'll get all the stage info you'll need. It's very reasonable price wise for self drive. I couldn't recommend them enough.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Mintexmemory
3rd July 2019, 08:51
This has to be the easiest rally for a newb to do self-sufficiently. Fly to Reus, hire a car, rent an apartment in Salou (huge choice). Get itinerary and use google maps to plot route. If you have a travelling companion the car and accommodation are halved in cost! The organisers post thorough stage guides well in advance. Just remember that any iconic locations such as El Molar hairpin fill up 3 hours in advance of 1st car.

masa90
3rd July 2019, 08:58
Really interested to see this rally myself too someday. Just wish more rally's would add the bus option to stages. Not feeling comfortable driving abroad yet.

Fredouye
3rd July 2019, 08:59
I was about to say something similar :)

Last year was my first RACC, we spent a day doing reccce for friday/saturday stages, and we managed to see 3 different stages on gravel (Pesel, all the cars, Gandesa, only the WRC, and La Fatarella, all the cars).

There are a lot of small "roads" which give access to gravel stages, and you can easily walk to the tarmac stages through the forest.

Stuwrc
3rd July 2019, 12:45
Thanks for the advice everyone 😊 I found a tour company if anyone else I interested - rallytravel.com

They do full guided tours or the option to stay with them and use a hire car.

Definitely want to stay Thursday to Monday and enjoy the variety of stages.

For anyone who hasn't been to a rally, Wales gb is worth a shout, been a few times and it's a great experience

SubaruNorway
3rd July 2019, 17:34
I really enjoyed my first time in Spain, only thing i didn't like was the entry to servicepark and the Spaniards constantly tailgating you, did manage to outdrive a couple in my Panda though!

Did some crazy entry roads, make sure you have proper insurance on the car...

go mads
3rd July 2019, 19:31
I notice the location of shakedown is yet to be decided according to rally guide 1, perhaps been too popular with its town location, it was VERY busy last year.