PDA

View Full Version : Looking for NOT

Rallyper
19th June 2019, 15:43
Well, here we go.

Waiting for Rally Finland week we can concentrate on where is NOT. I´m sure there´s a few guys in this forum who knows where he is.

And second, why not try to figure out his good sides. Quotes he made that had som substance in a positive way.

If a majority is offended by this thread it´s ok to delete it...

EstWRC
19th June 2019, 15:44
just wanted to ask this the other day...where the hell is he?

Katvala
19th June 2019, 16:05
Not here at least :)

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

cali
19th June 2019, 16:21
Probably banned

Rallyper
19th June 2019, 16:33
yeah. Banned is my thought, but not so sure actually.

One positive side of him is his complains of bad photo coverage of WRC rallies from those who like to have 95% wilderness on pics...

AnttiL
19th June 2019, 16:51
NOT's avatar is removed. Could be a deactived account or an exit.

er88
19th June 2019, 17:38
He's probably away fiddling with motorbikes...

Barreis
19th June 2019, 17:44
c'mon, mods, tell us where is our supreme leader :D

AL14
19th June 2019, 18:48
Let our dear leader come back and the restoration begin :D

cali
19th June 2019, 19:00
Pino, where are you?

Tauri_J
19th June 2019, 19:05
He would have a field day with the problems the village team is having thus far.

racerx1979
19th June 2019, 19:32
It's comicon season.. he's probably dressed up as Iron Man and playing with Thors hammer....

racerx1979
19th June 2019, 19:33
It's comicon season.. he's probably dressed up as Iron Man and playing with Thors hammer....

To quote Adamo.. "It's NOT that I do or don't understand, it's just that I don't care"

Norm75
19th June 2019, 21:17
Looking for NOT

Also known as Where's [the] Wally

PLuto
20th June 2019, 00:40
I was checking in the database and it looks like N.O.T was banned 1st May 2019.

the sniper
20th June 2019, 01:02
RIP NOT. RIP all Useless Dogs, for now... That is, until the Second Coming of NOT!

cali
20th June 2019, 04:50
He has been banned before

Hartusvuori
20th June 2019, 05:40
Can we now finally discuss about new Finnish talents? Let's say a list of top 10 to start with? :-)

Franky
20th June 2019, 05:54

Who did he piss off this time? Thought he's been quite sensible this year.

GravelBen
20th June 2019, 06:06
Who did he piss off this time? Thought he's been quite sensible this year.

I don't know, I'm guessing he was being a racist and/or sexist moron again.

Morte66
20th June 2019, 06:54
edit: Actually, I shouldn't waste electrons on this.

Rallyper
20th June 2019, 08:51
Can we now finally discuss about new Finnish talents? Let's say a list of top 10 to start with? :-)

OT Teemu. Should be in a new thread or in the "young talents" thread... ;)

This thread is a serious criminal case thread... :)

Rallyper
20th June 2019, 08:54

So who is the all mighty God over NOT to decide he can´t play with all the other neards on this forum? One might do personal bans if you don´t want his comments. My personaview is that this forum sholud be opened for all rallyfans.

Mk2 RS2000
20th June 2019, 09:07
I don't know, I'm guessing he was being a racist and/or sexist moron again.

And the problem is ?

Quite frankly their are a number who do not realise how big the world is outside of their garden patch and we tolerate them

Hartusvuori
20th June 2019, 09:47
OT Teemu. Should be in a new thread or in the "young talents" thread... ;)

This thread is a serious criminal case thread... :)

I was trying to be funny.

mousti
20th June 2019, 09:49
We should get him a Twitter account so he can express his feelings to everyone in the world :D

Rallyper
20th June 2019, 09:50
I was trying to be funny.

Me too. Finally... :) :)

Rallyper
20th June 2019, 09:51
We should get him a Twitter account so he can express his feelings to everyone in the world :D

I think he has one.

Mirek
20th June 2019, 09:54
I am sincerely amazed how many of you miss him who spent most of his time on the forum attacking others. Myself I am happy that I don't need to read tons of his bullshit in every WRC event thread.

Just my point of view.

skarderud
20th June 2019, 10:07
I really don't care, polution in every thread with his unintelligent BS.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

cali
20th June 2019, 10:13
You know there are others who are polluting much more than NOT did. I can come up with quite many names actually. But honestly it does not change much here

T16
20th June 2019, 10:36
You know there are others who are polluting much more than NOT did. I can come up with quite many names actually. But honestly it does not change much here

Eddie for one.

Rallyper
20th June 2019, 11:07
I am sincerely amazed how many of you miss him who spent most of his time on the forum attacking others. Myself I am happy that I don't need to read tons of his bullshit in every WRC event thread.

Just my point of view.

As said. You choose yourself who to read. Just let others read what they want.

Or else we are in former DDR or NC...

Mirek
20th June 2019, 11:17
As said. You choose yourself who to read. Just let others read what they want.

Or else we are in former DDR or NC...

That's pretty bad comparison. Attacking others has nothing to do with freedom.

AL14
20th June 2019, 11:30
Sometimes he went over the limit, especially when he said that mexican fans were not people or something like that, but overall I found his posts funny and never took them too seriously. Although I can understand that someone don't like him, I have to admit that I enjoyed how he trolled sometimes, especially the guy from USA I don't remember his nickname. :D

racerx1979
20th June 2019, 11:44
Janvanrupa?

Barreis
20th June 2019, 11:46
bring back NOT

AL14
20th June 2019, 11:47
Janvanrupa?

Yes, he went crazy

Rallyper
20th June 2019, 11:59
That's pretty bad comparison. Attacking others has nothing to do with freedom.

So everyone speaking words you get offended of shall be silenced then? On forum you choose who you listen to or follow or whatever... Let´s keep it that way.

I can agree on that politics is not for this forum, however free spoken words is for sure important, here as well as in society.

Rallyper
20th June 2019, 12:01
Yes, he went crazy

Maybe we should have topic about Looking for JohnVanLandingham, alias JanVanVurpa? Love his comments to, but true. He went crazy on our greek friend.

EstWRC
20th June 2019, 12:02
Sometimes he went over the limit, especially when he said that mexican fans were not people or something like that, but overall I found his posts funny and never took them too seriously.

same here, never took his posts seriously....i always had fun when someone took them seriously and even replied to him :D

but people are different, for some his behaviour was acceptable, for some dont.

Mirek
20th June 2019, 12:24
So everyone speaking words you get offended of shall be silenced then? On forum you choose who you listen to or follow or whatever... Let´s keep it that way.

Personal insults and retarded attacks (mainly against Brits) have nothing to do with freedom of speech. That's only about the very basic politeness and respect to other people. We often disagree with each other but we do that in a civilized manner not calling each other retarded autistic Swedes or Czechs.

I respect Your opinion though. I just don't understand what is being missed here.

Barreis
20th June 2019, 22:30
well, he won't miss this place for sure

Rallyper
21st June 2019, 12:13
I had contact with NOT on social media. He says "his ban is permanent and an outcome from political corectness". On top of that he didn´t get any reason. However he "respects the decision and will not come back"...

Well, whatever you think, to me it´s pity not every voice can be heard.

As I noticed some of you guys are reffering to NOT in many topics, so he wasn´t that wrong. He had his ways of explaing things he thought was wrong.

To me, banning people from a forum, not politic or religious, is wrong way to go.

I´ll close this thread in a few days. "Looking for NOT" is solved.

T16
21st June 2019, 12:52
I had contact with NOT on social media. He says "his ban is permanent and an outcome from political corectness". On top of that he didn´t get any reason. However he "respects the decision and will not come back"...

Well, whatever you think, to me it´s pity not every voice can be heard.

As I noticed some of you guys are reffering to NOT in many topics, so he wasn´t that wrong. He had his ways of explaing things he thought was wrong.

To me, banning people from a forum, not politic or religious, is wrong way to go.

I´ll close this thread in a few days. "Looking for NOT" is solved.

What's his twitter handle... might be worth a laugh

AnttiL
21st June 2019, 12:54
It’s quite telling enough that he doesn’t even understand why he’s banned.

Rallyper
21st June 2019, 13:07
It’s quite telling enough that he doesn’t even understand why he’s banned.

Disagree. No matter, those who ban, should tell even if it´s obvious.

But, I know. Not even this forum is a perfect world.

krissucool
21st June 2019, 14:03
Clearly people miss him. No reason for a ban. Was fun and you must be a complete, utter retard to take anything he said seriously.

Norm75
21st June 2019, 15:34
Clearly people miss him. No reason for a ban. Was fun and you must be a complete, utter retard to take anything he said seriously.

Oh I found him funny at times, and I used to bite for my own amusement as well now and again when he started Brit bashing, but I did also agree with him on occasions, even the shortcomings of my nationality he once or twice hit the nail on the head.

Can't keep throwing around abusive comments about autism on a public forum though, so not surprised he got banned in the end.

T16
21st June 2019, 18:42
Oh I found him funny at times, and I used to bite for my own amusement as well now and again when he started Brit bashing, but I did also agree with him on occasions, even the shortcomings of my nationality he once or twice hit the nail on the head.

Can't keep throwing around abusive comments about autism on a public forum though, so not surprised he got banned in the end.

Norm, you’ve nailed it. It was more than likely the autism remarks that got him banned.
Daft really, because he seemed quite intelligent, can’t understand why he didn’t see it coming.

cali
21st June 2019, 19:03
Per, can you share his social media contacts. Love to follow him just for my bemusement

Jarek Z
21st June 2019, 19:46
Say what you want about N.O.T, but he was one of the most active users of this Forum ever. He was there when I joined it in 2001 (N.O.T joined in 2000) and was visiting this forum for nearly 20 years. And he was an active user, not just someone who is lurking in the shadows without saying anything. Believe it or not, but he had more posts than any of you in this thread - exactly 20,523 posts. And he apparently wasn't that bad - he was liked 2,719 Times in 1,255 posts :)

Without him this forum wouldn't be the same ;)

USER47
21st June 2019, 19:46
I respect Your opinion though. I just don't understand what is being missed here.
Yeah, I also don't get it...I don't remember NOT saying anything of value ever. He's just a twat who spams the same rude and mostly xenophobic nonsense over and over. If he was behaving this way in any kind of social setting, he would have been told to f**k off long time ago, I am not sure why it's such a surprise the owners of this server don't want him to hang around.

tommeke_B
21st June 2019, 20:21
I remember his posts about his pre-event recce for Acropolis, last time it was in WRC. Those had a lot of value, especially to people going there! N.O.T used to be a contributing member to the forum, of course always with a sharp opinion. I often liked his clever comebacks on stupid posts. Pitty that, lately, he only concentrated on "bashing" few people, with or without good reason. You can laugh with it once or a few times, but after a while it became annoying and interrupting for most people here. So I completely understand he has been banned, everyone saw that coming. What I don't understand on this forum, is the lack of transparency or policy about banning members.

dimviii
21st June 2019, 20:25
What I don't understand on this forum, is the lack of transparency or policy about banning members.
me too

wrc2017
21st June 2019, 20:47
NOT is watching over us...

cali
21st June 2019, 21:09
I remember his posts about his pre-event recce for Acropolis, last time it was in WRC. Those had a lot of value, especially to people going there! N.O.T used to be a contributing member to the forum, of course always with a sharp opinion. I often liked his clever comebacks on stupid posts. Pitty that, lately, he only concentrated on "bashing" few people, with or without good reason. You can laugh with it once or a few times, but after a while it became annoying and interrupting for most people here. So I completely understand he has been banned, everyone saw that coming. What I don't understand on this forum, is the lack of transparency or policy about banning members.Took words out of my mouth. Completely agree!

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd June 2019, 11:46
Some of his last posts:

But you live in a place where trash and culture are separated by a very thin line so no wonder you got offended.

The British kids got offended i see...

lol... basic kids with no culture...

motorsport plebs... go back to F1.

your autism shows...

back to the hole you crawled out from...

People are really missing THIS ?

wrc2017
22nd June 2019, 19:07
Aghhh.. the memories...

T16
22nd June 2019, 19:15
#findNOT

Barreis
23rd June 2019, 09:30
#bringbackNOT

USER47
23rd June 2019, 10:47
If you are missing NOT so much, just use some random sentence generator using words like "sick", "dog", "autistic", "retarded" in combination with random nationalities and random forums users. Run this generator every 5 minutes and it will create about as much useful content as NOT ever did.

wia5958
23rd June 2019, 11:35
Rumour has it he was abducted by aliens to see just what made him tick

Rallyper
23rd June 2019, 12:24
If you are missing NOT so much, just use some random sentence generator using words like "sick", "dog", "autistic", "retarded" in combination with random nationalities and random forums users. Run this generator every 5 minutes and it will create about as much useful content as NOT ever did.

Ok. I´ll put you on the list of negatives that didn´t like NOT. However reading everything as black and white make you miss the lines between. They are many, from all of us forumers, now and then. Pity for you.

T16
23rd June 2019, 13:47
Ok. I´ll put you on the list of negatives that didn´t like NOT. However reading everything as black and white make you miss the lines between. They are many, from all of us forumers, now and then. Pity for you.

Rallyper, I haven’t seen you criticise NOT for his mocking of autism, or even acknowledge that it’s unacceptable.
Are you condoning it?

Rallyper
23rd June 2019, 18:33
Rallyper, I haven’t seen you criticise NOT for his mocking of autism, or even acknowledge that it’s unacceptable.
Are you condoning it?

All humans are equal, though there are different ways of solving problems. As I´m not perfect myself I´d never condemn anyone and certainly not after being requested to do that.
My thoughts of this matter is that (this) forums had a non-transparent level or godlike humans deciding what to do and say, without any transparancy. I don´t like it either, just like other forumers said.

Maui J.
23rd June 2019, 21:22
NOT will not be missed by this forum member. His negative contributions added nothing constructive to the feedback. His constant putdowns of drivers when they had one or two bad results were just unnecessary dull-witted comments. Mocking teams before they even started to compete showed a real lack of understanding of the sport. An example being Toyota and TMR, his total put-down of them as village idiots before they even turned a wheel in competition simply made him look like an ignoramus.
I believe NOT is the ‘sick dog’ and being forced off this forum will hopefully benefit him. His mental health will hopefully improve now he’s not trapped in front of his computer waging his personal ‘tall-poppy syndrome’ war.
My personal advice to him (and we know you will be reading this NOT) is to buy a surfboard or a mountain bike and see what life is like beyond a computer screen. Good luck.

Googol
23rd June 2019, 21:29
Saying

All humans are equal

in post that is defending NOT sounds funny.

Myrvold
23rd June 2019, 23:42

I can agree on that politics is not for this forum, however free spoken words is for sure important, here as well as in society.

One could try to chose it, by putting users on "ignore" lists. That works until someone quotes that user and it shows.
Also, on a forum you have to follow the forum rules. And I quote:

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

You can say what you want, but there were posts made that fell in to this.

Norm75
24th June 2019, 08:18
All humans are equal, though there are different ways of solving problems. As I´m not perfect myself I´d never condemn anyone and certainly not after being requested to do that.
My thoughts of this matter is that (this) forums had a non-transparent level or godlike humans deciding what to do and say, without any transparancy. I don´t like it either, just like other forumers said.

Lost in translation maybe, but T16 wasn't asking you to condemn NOT, he was asking if you condone the use of NOT's habit of calling people autistic. Autism being an illness, a condition, rather than just calling people out for being a bit thick.

Edit: and reading the post above with your first quote in it, political correctness has nothing to do with politics per say. It means, as I've stated above, calling someone that maybe is lacking in intelligence, or common sense, that they are autistic, is not politically correct.

Rallyper
24th June 2019, 08:54
Lost in translation maybe, but T16 wasn't asking you to condemn NOT, he was asking if you condone the use of NOT's habit of calling people autistic. Autism being an illness, a condition, rather than just calling people out for being a bit thick.

Ok. Yes. Lost a bit. Still it means it was asked what my opinion was, right? And my answer is I never liked people being silenced ...

(or use synonym for condone if I missed translation again...)

Norm75
24th June 2019, 11:14
Ok. Yes. Lost a bit. Still it means it was asked what my opinion was, right? And my answer is I never liked people being silenced ...

(or use synonym for condone if I missed translation again...)

I don't think the powers that be have a problem with freedom of speech, I think they gave NOT a long enough rope before it was finally decided to ban him.
But there is freedom of speech and there is overstepping the mark. What next? Would he call people he thought a bit a bit slow as having a brain tumor, and would that be ok with you?

He never called me autistic directly, if he did then I may well have said no, mild Asperger's actually. Did I get offended by him calling people autistic, no. I have a very thick skin but many people haven't.

Googol
24th June 2019, 15:43
I actually find using a group of people to mock other people more offending to that group than to those who were mocked.

Jajá
24th June 2019, 17:21
I'd say a member that has generated almost 75 posts about his absence is someone that desearves respect. I acknowledge he was a bit "pushy" sometimes, but he seemed to be a member with wealth of knowledge in WRC in general. I miss him (and I am one of those that mostly reads rather than writes in this forum...)

Barreis
24th June 2019, 18:11
#bringbacknot

janvanvurpa
24th June 2019, 19:16
I'd say a member that has generated almost 75 posts about his absence is someone that desearves respect. I acknowledge he was a bit "pushy" sometimes, but he seemed to be a member with wealth of knowledge in WRC in general. I miss him (and I am one of those that mostly reads rather than writes in this forum...)

I strongly disagree with your assumption that he had "wealth of knowledge in WRC in general" or for that matter any level of rally....I have read his crap since around 2003 or 04... As far as I could see he NEVER said anything about technical aspects of the cars, the culture of the sport, team interactions..anything except endless, continual endless stream of contempt at drivers, co-drivers, team management, spectators, whole nations, members opinions and members as people...

He intensely avoided answering questions about how he had gained such extensive knowledge to make such contemptuous condemnations, if he had ever competed in any motorport, or assisted in motorsport in any capacity, or even attended any motorsport of any sort ever
His silence on that was the answer.

In over 15 years there was no sign of growth or maturity..Thousands and thousands of posts 99.7% pure hate for everything and everybody...One member sent me a photo of him 10 years ago... It showed a very angry men. Small and with slight build glaring at the camera... A sad human being. A cliché.

He was banned for a number or years once before and for the same insulting behavior here..Full disclosure means I have to say I was also banned for some years following 'chit chat" discussions with a couple of American neo-con war-mongers and racists during the Bush war "discussions". They evidently complained to the very immoderate modertors better than I could. Solution was to avoid commenting at all in chit chat and be far more cautious here...
But NOT's one and only mode of expression of anything here was arrogance and contempt. Never a comment resembling a fan in any general sense..never sarcasm, parody, irony, wry observation, just hate.

Sorry but that is not "a wealth of knowledge".

Rallyper
24th June 2019, 19:25
I strongly would say, even though the expressions was very harsh sometimes, those who read them literally, missed the between lines that was hidden in his quotes.

However Wednesday evening CET, I´ll close this thread with some more comments of my own. After that we´ll end this story or whatever it´s called.

So make your voice heard in the "NOT thread" before it´s too late..

Googol
24th June 2019, 19:35
However Wednesday evening CET, I´ll close this thread with some more comments of my own. After that we´ll end this story or whatever it´s called.

Where did the freedom of speech go?

Rallyper
24th June 2019, 19:38
Where did the freedom of speech go?

Well, freedom of speach, is still here in that sence. You are free to start a thread of NOT yourself. I´ll close this one.

Googol
24th June 2019, 20:11
Well, freedom of speach, is still here in that sence. You are free to start a thread of NOT yourself. I´ll close this one.

And NOT can post his idiotism elsewhere. So what was your problem?

Mark
24th June 2019, 20:45
We’ve all had our say but at the end of the day we aren’t a government department so freedom of speech isn’t a thing. We’ve let it go this far :).

Have to say personally, I liked NOT he was given chances for over a decade, literally!

stefanvv
24th June 2019, 20:46
So make your voice heard in the "NOT thread" before it´s too late..

He'd been in the ignore list for quite some time. Speaks enough. I don't get all this fuss, the forum present it's own options to ignore somebody who has nothing constructive to say, even as a fan. If even the mods had enough, good riddance, less browsing on the pages. No more than the average internet troll.

pino
24th June 2019, 20:56
Have to say personally, I liked NOT he was given chances for over a decade, literally!

Exactly, he’s been warned several times and never took those warnings seriously. He asked for it, that’s all !

seb_sh
24th June 2019, 21:16
I haven't posted in a while, mainly working a lot of overtime so low energy to engage here, but I keep reading the forum and wanted to chip in.

I think that any group of people decides officially or non officially on a set of rules that members must adhere to in order to be part of a group. Over time I've reported a few of NOT's posts where I think he went over the line (for personal attacks and childish insults) and most of them have been removed. He is, along with a couple of others, on my ignore list but sometimes his posts do show up in quotes by other people. I appreciate he was a very active member and contributor to the discussions on this forum.

However I don't think that being active and posting a lot is enough. Many of those posts were dribble. Sure some were funny and I appreciate a bit of banter but often it was very low brow 'humor'. It's not the kind of discussions that I want to be part of. I think letting someone act like that in a group of passionate and knowledgeable people lowers the level of discussion. I'm just a fan and I appreciate that this forum exists and has members who post technical analysis or are part of the sport I love and have actual first hand experience and post here. Freedom of speech or freedom in general is great but it doesn't mean constant toxic behavior is ok. "You're wrong because x and y" is different to "your <insert nationality> autism is showing".

I won't miss the village idiot, plenty more where he came from.

Barreis
24th June 2019, 22:01
I haven't posted in a while, mainly working a lot of overtime so low energy to engage here, but I keep reading the forum and wanted to chip in.

I think that any group of people decides officially or non officially on a set of rules that members must adhere to in order to be part of a group. Over time I've reported a few of NOT's posts where I think he went over the line (for personal attacks and childish insults) and most of them have been removed. He is, along with a couple of others, on my ignore list but sometimes his posts do show up in quotes by other people. I appreciate he was a very active member and contributor to the discussions on this forum.

However I don't think that being active and posting a lot is enough. Many of those posts were dribble. Sure some were funny and I appreciate a bit of banter but often it was very low brow 'humor'. It's not the kind of discussions that I want to be part of. I think letting someone act like that in a group of passionate and knowledgeable people lowers the level of discussion. I'm just a fan and I appreciate that this forum exists and has members who post technical analysis or are part of the sport I love and have actual first hand experience and post here. Freedom of speech or freedom in general is great but it doesn't mean constant toxic behavior is ok. "You're wrong because x and y" is different to "your <insert nationality> autism is showing".

I won't miss the village idiot, plenty more where he came from.

what's this if not an insult with: I won't miss the village idiot, plenty more where he came from ?!?

seb_sh
24th June 2019, 22:09
what's this if not an insult with: I won't miss the village idiot, plenty more where he came from ?!?

So now suddenly we are offended? ;)

Barreis
24th June 2019, 22:13
i didn't report it ;)

seb_sh
24th June 2019, 22:20
i didn't report it ;)

one point I see coming from this thread is that there is a line, but maybe it should be clearer.

stefanvv
24th June 2019, 22:25

We need more of these on this thread, otherwise I might be thinking I'm in a parallel universe now. So much nice words, I'm all in tears... I know he is pitiful, but still...

Barreis
24th June 2019, 22:32
we should remove this report click from the forum and have strong debates. what's wrong with that?! ten years ago i had fights with some Finns and ok. (i miss A.F.F. where is he?!) and #bringbacknot

stefanvv
24th June 2019, 22:46
There is nothing wrong with debates, this is one of the forum's purposes. Insulting the other side is only sign of weakness with the arguments. Insulting randomly whatever and whoever without context is pure hate.

pino
25th June 2019, 14:04
Amen