PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] Wales Rally GB 2019

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

AnttiL
6th June 2019, 05:13
Here are the stage maps https://www.rally-maps.com/Wales-Rally-GB-2019

Elsi is reversed from last year and slightly modificated. Penmachno same as last year. Dyfnant again long, borrowing its route largely from 1995. Aberhirnant is shortened a bit. Myherin back to 2016 format but shortened from both ends, Dyfi back to 2017 format. Sweet Lamb Hafren same as last year but with ending continues now to 2017 ending. Alwen and Brenig same as 2017, Great Orme same as 2015 (different direction to last year, no Llandudno part).

Oulton Park and Slate Mountain routes yet to be announced, Slate Mountain seems to be longer than last year.

And then there's this...I have no words for it. https://www.rally-maps.com/Wales-Rally-GB-2019/Colwyn-Bay

Franky
6th June 2019, 07:11
And then there's this...I have no words for it. https://www.rally-maps.com/Wales-Rally-GB-2019/Colwyn-Bay

A drag race with corners?

TRW
6th June 2019, 07:18

Hahaha...I never even imagined that this kind of weirdness is allowed in modern WRC :rotflmao:

bearclaw
6th June 2019, 09:25
...with that heritage of running some of the greatest and (for me) most beautiful park stages back in the RAC days the colwyn bay stage a disgrace for this rally – hopefully the oulton park stage is a proper mickey mouse stage like it used to be!

Simmi
6th June 2019, 09:48
I'd have gone to the Oulton park stage but not too interested about watching it in the dark. Would prefer to be in a forest for that. Plus getting in and out will be a pain the night before the rally.

the sniper
6th June 2019, 22:32
Nice to see the Myherin forest section back in play after three years out of bounds due to the tree disease issues there. Would have been nice if they'd been able to use the extended northern section with the water splash, but that's probably not permitted to be used nowadays, like the natural water splash in Sweet Lamb. Saves me a long walk to that anyway! The 'Pikes Peak' section being back and run downhill is a tempting proposition...

For the first time since 2014 Dyfnant features the part of the forest where I witnessed the WRC for the first time in person back in 2012. Given that this could be the last Rally GB Wales for a while, I think that I may return to that spot for old times' sake.

Looking at the maps, the omission of the bulk of Clocaenog really stands out. I haven't been able to find out whether that's down to tree disease restrictions, but I hope it is. A rally in North Wales failing to use the vast majority of Clocaenog seems incomprehensible, particularly when Aberhirnant (in a precarious state) and Elsi (not particularly well regarded) have been used instead. I'll really miss the Shakedown stage in Clocaenog. I honestly think that short stage featured some of the best spectating opportunities in British rallying. At least this offers an extended opportunity to try and find somewhere interesting to watch in Gwydir!

Fast Eddie WRC
6th June 2019, 23:12
I'd have gone to the Oulton park stage but not too interested about watching it in the dark. Would prefer to be in a forest for that. Plus getting in and out will be a pain the night before the rally.

The Oulton Park stage will be floodlit.

But I agree on the likely delays getting out - it was bad back in 1992 & 1993.

Mintexmemory
10th June 2019, 15:09
Nice to see the Myherin forest section back in play after three years out of bounds due to the tree disease issues there. Would have been nice if they'd been able to use the extended northern section with the water splash, but that's probably not permitted to be used nowadays, like the natural water splash in Sweet Lamb. Saves me a long walk to that anyway! The 'Pikes Peak' section being back and run downhill is a tempting proposition...

For the first time since 2014 Dyfnant features the part of the forest where I witnessed the WRC for the first time in person back in 2012. Given that this could be the last Rally GB Wales for a while, I think that I may return to that spot for old times' sake.

Looking at the maps, the omission of the bulk of Clocaenog really stands out. I haven't been able to find out whether that's down to tree disease restrictions, but I hope it is. A rally in North Wales failing to use the vast majority of Clocaenog seems incomprehensible, particularly when Aberhirnant (in a precarious state) and Elsi (not particularly well regarded) have been used instead. I'll really miss the Shakedown stage in Clocaenog. I honestly think that short stage featured some of the best spectating opportunities in British rallying. At least this offers an extended opportunity to try and find somewhere interesting to watch in Gwydir!

Gwydir reunion again then! ;) Followed by Elsi then evening Dyfnant on Friday. Not sure whether downhill Pikes Peak or Dyfi for Saturday but Great Orme and finish ceremony for Sunday.

T16
11th June 2019, 11:11
Here are the stage maps https://www.rally-maps.com/Wales-Rally-GB-2019

Elsi is reversed from last year and slightly modificated. Penmachno same as last year. Dyfnant again long, borrowing its route largely from 1995. Aberhirnant is shortened a bit. Myherin back to 2016 format but shortened from both ends, Dyfi back to 2017 format. Sweet Lamb Hafren same as last year but with ending continues now to 2017 ending. Alwen and Brenig same as 2017, Great Orme same as 2015 (different direction to last year, no Llandudno part).

Oulton Park and Slate Mountain routes yet to be announced, Slate Mountain seems to be longer than last year.

Thanks AnttiL - great work as usual. They have included that ridiculously fast (top gear and rev limiter fast) corner towards the end of Hafren again. Can't wait; it's definitely one of the best spots I've seen in rallying.

AnttiL
11th June 2019, 11:40
I didn’t notice that Aberhirnant is also reversed to the direction last used in 2016 (and Plains Rally this year). And correction to what I posted about Myherin: it will end just like in 2016.

skarderud
11th June 2019, 20:42
Oliver Solberg is testing in Wales these days, he turns 18 10 days before rally GB, maybe.....?:)

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

the sniper
11th June 2019, 21:16
Oliver Solberg is testing in Wales these days, he turns 18 10 days before rally GB, maybe.....?:)

You can drive here in the UK when you're 17. I was disappointed not to see him last year! :D Hopefully it's a sure thing.

AnttiL
12th June 2019, 04:51
You can drive here in the UK when you're 17. I was disappointed not to see him last year! :D Hopefully it's a sure thing.

WRC events require you to have a driving license of your own country. So either he would have needed an English driving license or a special permission from his own country to get the license earlier (like Kalle)

pantealex
12th June 2019, 07:46
Solberg family have anounced last year that Oliver is starting WRC GB this year...

T16
12th June 2019, 10:26
WRC events require you to have a driving license of your own country. So either he would have needed an English driving license or a special permission from his own country to get the license earlier (like Kalle)

It may have changed since, but I remember Mikkelsen taking his UK test and driving Rally GB just a few days after. He was also allowed to drive earlier than the Norwegian minimum age of 18 for rally Norway after getting special dispensation from the King, whilst he was still 17.

AnttiL
12th June 2019, 10:48
It may have changed since, but I remember Mikkelsen taking his UK test and driving Rally GB just a few days after. He was also allowed to drive earlier than the Norwegian minimum age of 18 for rally Norway after getting special dispensation from the King, whilst he was still 17.

Yeah, I got confused in my own post. You need a license and you need to be old enough to drive in the country of the rally, but you don't need to have the license from your own country. So if you are 17 and and have a license from your own country, you can drive in the UK, but not in Sweden for example.

KKS
12th June 2019, 14:54
Oliver planned to receive a driver licence in May26+120days
https://twitter.com/OliverSolberg01/status/1132717066941861888

He will be 18yrs old at 23-09-2019 so he will do a Wales rally GB

T16
12th June 2019, 15:42
Oliver planned to receive a driver licence in May26+120days
https://twitter.com/OliverSolberg01/status/1132717066941861888

He will be 18yrs old at 23-09-2019 so he will do a Wales rally GB

He doesn’t need to be 18. He needs to be 17.

KKS
13th June 2019, 08:57
He doesn’t need to be 18. He needs to be 17.
He need to be 18yrs old to get a Norwegian driver licence

pantealex
13th June 2019, 17:10

Yes, but that has nothing to with his WRC GB entry.

Last year he was 17y one week before the WRC GB but that was little bit too soon/late because driving exams and recce etc. Just one more week and he would have entered last year.

17y is enough for WRC GB entry.

T16
13th June 2019, 17:26

He can use a UK licence if he has one. He doesn’t need a Norwegian one.

KKS
13th June 2019, 23:13
Yes, but that has nothing to with his WRC GB entry.

Last year he was 17y one week before the WRC GB but that was little bit too soon/late because driving exams and recce etc. Just one more week and he would have entered last year.

17y is enough for WRC GB entry.
UK didn't have a 'delayed' driving licence? Here in Ukraine he can do a test from 16yrs, but valid that licence will be only from 18yrs(17 in UK).
Maybe last year Rally GB is to soon for 4wd car for him, but he can drove that Peugeot 208R2 wich he run in Latvian championship.

the sniper
19th June 2019, 21:10
Oulton Park stage map revealed:

https://d2d0b2rxqzh1q5.cloudfront.net/sv/1.67/dir/04b/image/04b25d26c2bdeda1db2a04ac48c4ddd8.jpg

There's a donut... but it's pretty well located. Having them come over the crest of the hill and into the donut might actually be somewhat interesting.

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/144235/rally-gb-oulton-park-stage-route-revealed

Fast Eddie WRC
19th June 2019, 22:48
That's a pretty decent for a spectator stage, especially these days. Much like the old RAC Sunday stages were.

Fredouye
23rd July 2019, 19:19
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190723/421f69c7d1e1192eeb8cc93af6ea4b2f.jpg

skarderud
23rd July 2019, 20:29
Petter Solberg? WRC or R5?:)
Oliver Solberg in polo R5 for sure.

Who else? Loeb?

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

the sniper
23rd July 2019, 21:36
The 'Worlds Apart' rebranding (moving away from 'Rally of Legends') really was a monumental waste of resources...

Surely it's Petter entering, in addition to Oliver. Did Petter drive the Polo in that Sweet Lamb test earlier this year?

Fredouye
24th July 2019, 06:58
Peter and Oliver Solberg team up for Wales :)

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/144948/petter-oliver-solberg-team-up-for-wales-rally-gb

EstWRC
24th July 2019, 08:24
meh, i tthought/was hoping he will be with a WRC car.

dimviii
24th July 2019, 09:56
Colin Clark
‏ @voiceofrally

Oh and it just keeps getting better and better! @WalesRallyGB confirming that Phil Mills will sit alongside Petter for his farewell rally! It’s going to be very special indeed ��

Fast Eddie WRC
24th July 2019, 10:10
Great finale for Petter to finish at WRGB where he had no much success. And to have his son there too will be really special for them both.

mknight
24th July 2019, 10:39
While stage times are not really the biggest priority it will still be interesting to see how they compare with each other.

It's not an easy pick at all. Petter has shown in Spain that he can be top 5 on gravel. Oliver has had really good speed in Latvia/Estonia but it would be his first time in GB and he must learn and keep it on the road as main priority. So it might be quite close, if I had to pick I'd actually say Petter will be a bit faster.

Fredouye
1st August 2019, 21:05
Rally planner is out :
https://www.walesrallygb.com/spectators/route-information/rally-planner/

tolx
9th August 2019, 10:51
Good morning everyone!
Is it too late to plan attendance for this Rally, or I can still jump on a train?
That would be my first RallyGB, so, no previous experience here. But at least, I have been in GB and driven RHD car.
So, if it's still not too late, maybe there are some advices?
Thank you!

the sniper
9th August 2019, 12:41
I doubt it's too late. Something to bear in mind with Rally GB is the area covered by the rally and the amount of time it takes to get around. Play around with Google Maps to appreciate journey times and arrange accommodation accordingly. Also be aware of the way stages are accessed here. Usually an official 'car park' will take the form of accessing a forestry track that'll take you up into the forest to the stage. The 'head' of the car park will be at or very near the stage, but will start filling up from the night before, meaning that if you arrive late (an hour or two before the stage starts), depending on the stage, you could have a steep walk of up to an hour to just get to the stage!

tolx
10th August 2019, 18:58
Well, night camping on stages is not the plan, because we would fly in and luggage space is limited.
But stage access rules are really so strict, that you can't get nowhere, except designated areas?

dodge33cymru
10th August 2019, 19:58
Well, night camping on stages is not the plan, because we would fly in and luggage space is limited.
But stage access rules are really so strict, that you can't get nowhere, except designated areas?

Once you're on the stage you can move about, but you can only park in designated car parks. And by 'car park', we mean very long, single track dirt roads where you leave a car at the edge - if you arrive at stages in mornings, expect to hike a few kilometres to get to the stage. Basically, you can definitely stay in a local hotel or B&B and there will be plenty available, but you will have to be up well before dawn to get to stages in time.

I recommend going, it's a great event with some great stages and viewing, just don't expect to get much sleep and plan to stay on a stage for the whole day rather than moving between them.

Fast Eddie WRC
13th August 2019, 16:31
SSS Oulton Park stage plan

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EBtbQMDXYAs5z0L?format=jpg&name=900x900

salvadorpv
13th August 2019, 16:38
How to get Elfin's Corner this year?

Fredouye
13th August 2019, 19:49
Rally Planner can now be downloaded : https://d2cx26qpfwuhvu.cloudfront.net/wrgb/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/12123859/WRGB-Planner-Small-7mb.pdf

Simmi
15th August 2019, 14:31
How to get Elfin's Corner this year?

Not worth the walk I'd say. Nothing special up on a big bank. Plenty of better spots in that stage.

T16
16th August 2019, 23:22
This video, from 2017 has some amazing high-speed in it.
I watched from the spot at 45secs, the left hander and a few of them took it on the rev limiter.
They are running that stage again in that direction... well worth a watch.

https://youtu.be/JyfXUJyOZKo

salvadorpv
17th August 2019, 17:04
Not worth the walk I'd say. Nothing special up on a big bank. Plenty of better spots in that stage.

The windfarm downhill is nice. What other spots you know?

AnttiL
20th August 2019, 07:23
Small updates to the route

- Gwydir shakedown has a new beginning
- Elsi is now the 2018 route just reversed
- Penmachno has a new ending
- Slate Mountain route is now shown
- Myherin shortened from the start

https://www.rally-maps.com/Wales-Rally-GB-2019

er88
20th August 2019, 09:45
Is Aberhirnant the same direction as 2017 or reversed?

AnttiL
20th August 2019, 09:48
Is Aberhirnant the same direction as 2017 or reversed?

Reversed to 2017. Same as 2016.

pantealex
20th August 2019, 14:48
Gryazin is going to start with Fabia EVO which their team SRT already has received.

AnttiL
26th August 2019, 06:09
Tänak has already secured starting first in Wales by having over 30 points of championship lead. And we know that it's usually a good thing in Wales. Remember how Ogier was the only driver to lead the rally between 2013 and 2016.

doubled1978
26th August 2019, 15:18
Tänak has already secured starting first in Wales by having over 30 points of championship lead. And we know that it's usually a good thing in Wales. Remember how Ogier was the only driver to lead the rally between 2013 and 2016.

On pace I doubt anyone will be able to beat him in Wales and his start position will only help that.
Turkey is a bit of a lottery with the rough roads, it’s one of those events where anyone could win I think as outright pace might not be the key.
Could be good for Mikkelsen, was fast last year and will be starting far enough back to have an advantage on the road.

Tarmop
26th August 2019, 17:09
No big difference. Rocks are that big...Neuville was also leading, starting first.

Tauri_J
26th August 2019, 18:18
It was damp.

Tarmop
26th August 2019, 18:28
A rock, size of a gabbage, can be damp or dry...or you are not doing offtopic.:D

Got Mail
26th August 2019, 22:53
Gryazin is going to start with Fabia EVO which their team SRT already has received.

I think he will start with the previous car not the Evo.

pantealex
27th August 2019, 07:28
I think he will start with the previous car not the Evo.

It´s possible but he said that he is starting with EVO.

AnttiL
27th August 2019, 07:43
It was damp.

Are you referring to Rally Turkey 2018? It was maybe damp for a few kilometres in the beginning of SS2. However, Neuville gained advantage by not having to drive in dust. Also the later cars were already suffering from the roads being rougher and stones being dug up. The Toyotas were also lost with their setup, struggling with grip. Tänak lowered the ride height for SS5 and won it. Remember, this was after Toyotas had suffered really bad on Mexico, Portugal and Sardegna, so they were playing it safe.

T16
27th August 2019, 10:17
AnttiL, or any other members... please can anyone tell me where the section is that the Hyundai is on at 25 secs in the video and if it it being used this year:

many thanks.

er88
27th August 2019, 13:34
AnttiL, or any other members... please can anyone tell me where the section is that the Hyundai is on at 25 secs in the video and if it it being used this year:

many thanks.Aberhirnant. If you look at the rally planner, it's the fast section that runs parallel to Car park H, I'd say between 504 and 651 on the OS map. So it's being run this year but as AnttiL told me, that stage will be run in the opposite direction to that video. Might be even more impressive.

T16
27th August 2019, 17:01
Aberhirnant. If you look at the rally planner, it's the fast section that runs parallel to Car park H, I'd say between 504 and 651 on the OS map. So it's being run this year but as AnttiL told me, that stage will be run in the opposite direction to that video. Might be even more impressive.

Excellent, thanks for the reply.

er88
27th August 2019, 19:07
Excellent, thanks for the reply.No bother. Thinking of heading there myself, if I can make it work with time off work/ finding some spare cash to head down to wales this year.

Across a whole weekend/ different stages, i always try to find a variety of really fast sections and slower, technical corners. Was going to head to that section of Aberhirnant in 2017, but instead decided to do other stages in the morning and then when we got there for the 2nd pass, we were at the bottom of car park H and had too long a walk before the stage started. There was horrendous fog and it was dark anyway, so didnt miss much.

NielsH
28th August 2019, 11:48
Are you still able to leave the main spectator areas? Last time I was there was in 2008 back then you could walk the whole stage if you wanted too.

T16
28th August 2019, 14:01
Are you still able to leave the main spectator areas? Last time I was there was in 2008 back then you could walk the whole stage if you wanted too.

Yeah, they are fine with it, but I guess you’ve just got to be smart and not walk the stage in a part you’re likely to get trapped if a car comes.

the sniper
28th August 2019, 18:57
They like people to be off the road an hour before the stage starts and are keen to enforce this. Regardless of that, at anytime they can be a bit funny about people walking straight onto the stage from the car park access point, presumably because it messes up the tape/barriers or sets a bad precedent, but you'll normally have no problem at all walking a bit into the spectator area and then accessing the stage a bit further down.

Simmi
29th August 2019, 22:17
Get there early and just crack on. Chances are it will be dark anyway. Always found plenty of freedom if you've got time before the first car. Even if you have to circumnavigate the odd marshal.

salvadorpv
31st August 2019, 14:43
I think, Elsi stage is wrong in rally planner. It looks like the 2018 route, but this year is longer. The middle part is wrong.

AnttiL
31st August 2019, 14:55
I think, Elsi stage is wrong in rally planner. It looks like the 2018 route, but this year is longer. The middle part is wrong.

No, it is last year route but reversed. Earlier plans had a longer route

Fredouye
31st August 2019, 17:21
But rally planner and various docs on the official website report a 11.65km stage, whereas it was 10.06 last year ?

salvadorpv
31st August 2019, 19:58
The latest timetable in the web from August 15th says Elsi 11.65km, and last year it had 10.06

salvadorpv
2nd September 2019, 08:56
Confirmed! Elsi is the same than 2018 but reversed and longer at the end of the stage.

AnttiL
2nd September 2019, 09:51
Confirmed! Elsi is the same than 2018 but reversed and longer at the end of the stage.

Confirmed where? The stage has an additional loop or extends past the finish line? There isn't much road left at the very end...

the spectator guide shows just the same route as 2018 (but reversed).

Fredouye
2nd September 2019, 12:34
Breen and Mikkelsen with Neuville : https://twitter.com/HMSGOfficial/status/1168493817558917121?s=19

Eli
2nd September 2019, 12:34
Been back in Hyundai's line-up for GB alongside Mikkelsen and Neuville.

tomhlord
2nd September 2019, 12:55
Can't afford the time to spectate WRGB this season – spent all my rally budget/time on Sweden instead – but I may nip down to the Oulton Park stage. I know it's not 'proper', but it's a great track to spectate touring car racing at so I'm intrigued.

T16
2nd September 2019, 14:45
Can't afford the time to spectate WRGB this season – spent all my rally budget/time on Sweden instead – but I may nip down to the Oulton Park stage. I know it's not 'proper', but it's a great track to spectate touring car racing at so I'm intrigued.

Yeah - good shout.. I reckon it will be one of the better super specials. I remember (vaguely) watching from there in the late 80's.

AnttiL
3rd September 2019, 16:51
Does anyone know where in the Myherin stage Lappi hit a tree in 2016?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcjeDsnji2c

salvadorpv
3rd September 2019, 18:11
Confirmed where? The stage has an additional loop or extends past the finish line? There isn't much road left at the very end...

the spectator guide shows just the same route as 2018 (but reversed).

Confirmed by the organicers. I send an email to aks about that. This is the answer:

Elsi is a direct reverse from the route from 2018.* It is slightly extended as we have been able to take the flying finish and stop line down to where the Time Control was in 2018.* This gives us a bit more distance to the stage.

salvadorpv
3rd September 2019, 18:13
I think it is a few meters before the spectator area. There are some places like that.

AnttiL
3rd September 2019, 18:56
Confirmed by the organicers. I send an email to aks about that. This is the answer:

Elsi is a direct reverse from the route from 2018.* It is slightly extended as we have been able to take the flying finish and stop line down to where the Time Control was in 2018.* This gives us a bit more distance to the stage.

OK, thanks. But for sure that won't extend the stage over a kilometre. I would say 400 metres at most by including those hairpins

https://i.imgur.com/BT04SKQ.png

AnttiL
3rd September 2019, 19:55
The Oulton Park supposedly ends on this track. That looks like driving on ice. The video description says "A very very slippery surface. Apparently it's a glass infused tarmac which is then polished to reduce the grip levels. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY3wNZbSI6M

Got Mail
3rd September 2019, 22:06
The Oulton Park supposedly ends on this track. That looks like driving on ice. The video description says "A very very slippery surface. Apparently it's a glass infused tarmac which is then polished to reduce the grip levels. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY3wNZbSI6M

It is just like ice when it's wet. Should be great fun.

T16
4th September 2019, 07:48
It is just like ice when it's wet. Should be great fun.

That surface will make for dreadful spectating. Simple as that.

Got Mail
4th September 2019, 14:31
That surface will make for dreadful spectating. Simple as that.

It's a tiny section at the end of the stage - probably no more than 400m.

I'd suggest you watch elsewhere in the stage if it going to have such a negative effect on you.

tommeke_B
4th September 2019, 15:02
Does anyone know where in the Myherin stage Lappi hit a tree in 2016?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcjeDsnji2c

On rally-maps on the map of 2016, 4,95km after the start. Not included in this years stage.

AnttiL
4th September 2019, 15:20
On rally-maps on the map of 2016, 4,95km after the start. Not included in this years stage.

Thanks!

T16
4th September 2019, 16:02
It's a tiny section at the end of the stage - probably no more than 400m.

I'd suggest you watch elsewhere in the stage if it going to have such a negative effect on you.

Already boxed off, cheers!

AnttiL
6th September 2019, 13:31
Tidemand with Fiesta WRC!

https://www.m-sport.co.uk/single-post/2019/09/06/TIDEMAND-MAKES-IT-TWO-IN-A-ROW

Fast Eddie WRC
7th September 2019, 15:46
Elfyn Evans recovery is going well. This week a gentle easing back into the driving seat.

A brand new Ford Fiesta WRC is being built for his return to Wales Rally GB:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ED18FVAXUAAp3aU?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ED18FU5X4AEHHwB?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ED18FVBW4AATHfZ?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

CWJ
7th September 2019, 18:55
It's chassis #11

AnttiL
8th September 2019, 19:42
The Elsi stage route is now updated on rally-maps. The Start is the same as FF last year and vice versa, but midway through the stage there's a detour onto roads used before in Cambrian Rally. Also, the triangle junction chicane is now removed.

https://www.rally-maps.com/Wales-Rally-GB-2019

Colwyn Bay also has an extra chicane and the parking lot donut is used both ways.

Slate Mountain sadly shortened.

sghiwosh81
9th September 2019, 17:06
Hi everyone, this year for the first time I will be present in Wales ... I wanted to ask you for indications on which ps to attend Friday and if it is possible to reach the parking lots indicated by the guide or you can reach the ps also from other road intersections

thanks Ivan

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk

salvadorpv
10th September 2019, 15:29
The Elsi stage route is now updated on rally-maps. The Start is the same as FF last year and vice versa, but midway through the stage there's a detour onto roads used before in Cambrian Rally. Also, the triangle junction chicane is now removed.

Thank you. I see that the Rally Planner had been updated too.

doubled1978
11th September 2019, 09:11
Someone posted an entry list for WRGB on a Facebook forum and it has Greensmith in R5PRO..
No surprise WRC entries, but a strong R5 list

Fast Eddie WRC
11th September 2019, 09:41
Rhys Yates
We're switching to a Hyundai i20 R5 for @WalesRallyGB 2019. A few weeks ago in Mid Wales, I tried the car out for the first time. Here's a short video from the test...

@OfficialWRC @HMSGOfficial @JMRallying @ourmotorsportuk @nickygrist @handffurniture #WRGB #WRC2 #RYR https://t.co/QAxTT0bY0C

Fast Eddie WRC
11th September 2019, 09:46
Click on this link to see the newly published Entry List for @WalesRallyGB 2019 (3-6 October) https://t.co/a6IQ2GNaPz

AnttiL
11th September 2019, 09:56
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EELETn3UYAAJuEq?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EELEYPDU0AAg821?format=jpg&name=large

mousti
11th September 2019, 17:41
Matt Edwards with i20 R5..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6013 met Tapatalk

the sniper
11th September 2019, 21:49

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6013 met Tapatalk

Indeed! I wonder whether he felt under appreciated by M-Sport? Maybe not though as he's still been retweeting M-Sport Fiesta stuff on Twitter recently. Quite a move to make, considering he stands a good chance of winning the BRC title this weekend in the old Fiesta... I've seen it said on Twitter that Hyundai had a sale on! I'm not sure if that's the truth or a joke, but the mass switch of the British rallying 'establishment' to Hyundai has got to be down to something of note.

There are a few other curiosities. I'm rubbish at stuff like this, but with three American drivers on the list, is that the most Americans entered on a WRC rally since Mexico 2007 (five entered there)? Also, with the Solbergs (shame Oscar isn't on there too!) and Tidemand, does anybody know when the last WRC rally was to have so many members of the same family entered?

Entertainer
11th September 2019, 22:35
One hell of an R5-lineup, fun to follow Cave and Edwards on home turf against elite R5-drivers.

Oops!
11th September 2019, 23:06
Hyundai are putting a massive effort into sales, they want a piece of Msports market. Their car is'nt perfect yet, but their getting there........

AnttiL
12th September 2019, 05:04
There are a few other curiosities. I'm rubbish at stuff like this, but with three American drivers on the list, is that the most Americans entered on a WRC rally since Mexico 2007 (five entered there)? Also, with the Solbergs (shame Oscar isn't on there too!) and Tidemand, does anybody know when the last WRC rally was to have so many members of the same family entered?

And three women drivers.

pantealex
12th September 2019, 08:21

https://www.ewrc-results.com/entries/54463-copec-rally-chile-2019/

Chile had 4 named Rosselot and 3 named Israel in WRC2 back-to-back numbers and all driving C3 R5 ;)

AnttiL
12th September 2019, 08:27
But now we need to figure out if they're from the same family, such as the three Solbergs and Tidemand

Fast Eddie WRC
12th September 2019, 08:50

He's so far down the start list I missed that !

I'm shocked after so much success with M-Sport. Must be some truth in Hyundai making their car cheap as so many are switching...

Oops!
12th September 2019, 10:47
The 3 Mc Hales from Ireland Have done a couple of WRC rounds in the past in 3 world cars, father and 2 sons.

go mads
13th September 2019, 23:17
Another quirk of the entry list! Has there ever been more drivers entered in wrc 2 that has driven a wrc car on a wrc event?
I count 9....

AnttiL
14th September 2019, 05:52
Another quirk of the entry list! Has there ever been more drivers entered in wrc 2 that has driven a wrc car on a wrc event?
I count 9....

Well if you count all R5 cars, not just WRC2 cars...

Østberg, Paddon, Greensmith, Kopecky, Guerra, H. Solberg, P. Solberg, Katsuta, ???

Koppomsbo
14th September 2019, 18:02
Hey!

About to travel for the event!
Where would you recommend us to get accommodation? :)

Priorat
14th September 2019, 21:46
Well if you count all R5 cars, not just WRC2 cars...

Østberg, Paddon, Greensmith, Kopecky, Guerra, H. Solberg, P. Solberg, Katsuta, ???

Nobre and Boland

go mads
15th September 2019, 12:44
Yep 10, I missed katsuta!

Sulland
15th September 2019, 20:25
4 x Solberg if we include Pontus fully in the family. Only one missing is Oscar, but still quite impressive!
Who wins the R5 family competition?

sghiwosh81
16th September 2019, 09:50
Hey!

Where would you recommend us to get accommodation? :)it seems that users read but are not willing to respond and are only interested at the entry list...

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk

T16
16th September 2019, 10:00
Hey!

Do you want to stay in the same place for the whole event, or somewhere different each night?
Also, how long are you there for?

Koppomsbo
16th September 2019, 11:30
Do you want to stay in the same place for the whole event, or somewhere different each night?
Also, how long are you there for?

Same place, probabably arriving friday leaving Monday:-)

pantealex
16th September 2019, 12:47
it seems that users read but are not willing to respond and are only interested at the entry list...

Most of us forum users are NOT from Wales or have never been in Wales...

T16
16th September 2019, 16:08
Same place, probabably arriving friday leaving Monday:-)

I’m staying in the van each night, but if I wasn’t, I would probably look for a hostel somewhere central.
There’s a place called Bala and there is a hostel there:
http://www.bala-backpackers.co.uk/

Otherwise, a B&B might work for you.

Like I said, just pick somewhere central and get stuck in.
Or maybe even pick a different hostel in a different town, closer to each day of action.

If you pm me your email address, I’m putting together a stage-to-stage distance and time planner so I can get to as many stages as possible each day. I’d be happy to share it.
I’ve also got a couple of fast spots in mind I can direct you to, if you haven’t got a plan already.

Hope you have a great rally pal.

Fly_Half
16th September 2019, 17:51
Hey!

It depends on what you want. If you aren't fussy and a self-catering hostel will suffice, there are several around Machynlleth, Dolgellau and Bala which are close to pretty much all the stages. If you want a nice comfy chain hotel with B&B and plenty of restaurants and fast-food outlets close by, then you'll have to go out a little further from the stages to larger towns like Oswestry, Chester and Llandudno.

Hope that helps.

AnttiL
17th September 2019, 09:16
http://itgetsfasternow.com/2019/09/17/route-preview-wales-rally-gb-2019/

Route preview. Quite much a mix from the past three years. Friday has more technical and rough roads, less familiar to the drivers, Saturday has wider and more fast-flowing Mid-Welsh classics, Sunday is pretty much familiar from the recent years with one run of Great Orme. Only Penmachno has a public road section whereas last year four stages had them. Friday two last stages are driven in the dark. A super special for every day.

I like these roads very much!

Fredouye
17th September 2019, 20:11
National entries : https://www.walesrallygb.com/competitors/wrgb-national/wrgb-national-entry-list/

T16
17th September 2019, 21:18
Camilli

https://twitter.com/ericcamilli/status/1174049213862293504?s=21

Fast Eddie WRC
18th September 2019, 10:11
Camilli
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEuuOnMWwAAlSsj?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEuuOn0WwAAaKrF?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEuuOpNXUAAwIpx?format=jpg&name=medium

More https://twitter.com/lolo62500/status/1174218772892344325

EstWRC
18th September 2019, 11:18
i dont like at all that there isnt any service on Saturday...

imagine if one of the title contenders car hits some trouble (not caused by the driver) and he has to drive with that car all day long

Fast Eddie WRC
18th September 2019, 11:43
i dont like at all that there isnt any service on Saturday...

imagine if one of the title contenders car hits some trouble (not caused by the driver) and he has to drive with that car all day long

I agree. Its also a shame for the fans that attend the SP on Saturday and see no cars being worked on.

I suppose it's an inevitable problem of those stages distance from the SP. Not sure why the tyre-fitting zone at Newtown couldn't be made a remote service though...

AnttiL
18th September 2019, 15:06
I agree. Its also a shame for the fans that attend the SP on Saturday and see no cars being worked on.

I suppose it's an inevitable problem of those stages distance from the SP. Not sure why the tyre-fitting zone at Newtown couldn't be made a remote service though...

Last year (https://www.motorsportforums.com/showthread.php?39989-Wales-Rally-GB&p=1193449&viewfull=1#post1193449) you said it's stupid to take the long liaison to the service park in the middle of Friday.

The current regulations simply don't allow remote services (other than tyre and light fitting zones). Teams don't like any extra expense when they already put up a big building in the service park. I've heard they're nagging even about the tyre fitting zones, because they have to hire a van and send crews there...

It's a dilemma when the service park is far from the legendary stages stages. There are a few options
1. Use only a tyre change (like they do in Wales)
2. Go to the midday service, even if it means a long liaison and a long break between the two runs of the stages, which is bad for spectators. (like in Sardegna Saturdays)
3. Do not use the legendary stages
4. Come up with a service park place closer to the legendary stages
5. Try to change the FIA regulations
6. Invent teleport
7. Invent time machine to go back to Group B years

I'm undecided myself. I love the Saturday stages but it's also problematic that someone's rally could end because there's no service (remember Ogier's gearbox last year Friday). But then again, this non-service day in mid Wales has been used for a number of years now and I don't remember any top crews having problems with it...

Fast Eddie WRC
18th September 2019, 17:43
True, plus if someone has a bad car problem on the morning loop would it make it back the 60km to the SP anyway.

I would still prefer a remote service with teams limited to a certain number of mechanics and parts to keep costs down. On the Rally GB Saturday they will be waiting around all day doing nothing anyway which is a big waste.

tommeke_B
18th September 2019, 19:25
Working on service park on WRC events is pretty much waiting around all day doing nothing anyway. ;) Not that much of a difference for them... It's not easy for the organizers in Wales, and of course some people always have something to complain about. I'm already quite satisfied with the rally they manage to put together right now.

Allez Andruet
18th September 2019, 20:35
It's a dilemma when the service park is far from the legendary stages stages. There are a few options
2. Go to the midday service, even if it means a long liaison and a long break between the two runs of the stages, which is bad for spectators. (like in Sardegna Saturdays)
6. Invent teleport

Now where's the button I can press?

Oliverk
19th September 2019, 05:26
Last year (https://www.motorsportforums.com/showthread.php?39989-Wales-Rally-GB&p=1193449&viewfull=1#post1193449) you said it's stupid to take the long liaison to the service park in the middle of Friday.

6. Invent teleport

Long break in Sardegna is actually a good thing. There is not so many places open in midday to eat. And we had plenty of time to find a place to eat. Without that you have 12 hour days with chips and beer.

EstWRC
19th September 2019, 05:31
Long break in Sardegna is actually a good thing. There is not so many places open in midday to eat. And we had plenty of time to find a place to eat. Without that you have 12 hour days with chips and beer.

like we do in Rally Finland :D

Allez Andruet
19th September 2019, 06:37
like we do in Rally Finland :D

Come on, it's nearly criminal if your nutrition does not include the rally sausages during Rally Finland.

Franky
19th September 2019, 06:51
Come on, it's nearly criminal if your nutrition does not include the rally sausages during Rally Finland.

I think it should be a crime to sell those things.

Hartusvuori
19th September 2019, 06:53
Without that you have 12 hour days with chips and beer.

More like 14-16 hours days. Coming to think of it, during the last 10 years of going to rallies, I can think of only one occasion when we had time to go eat out during the day. Sometimes it can be all 3-4 days without warm food. There's a plenty of other days in a year to eat properly.

T16
19th September 2019, 09:20
More like 14-16 hours days. Coming to think of it, during the last 10 years of going to rallies, I can think of only one occasion when we had time to go eat out during the day. Sometimes it can be all 3-4 days without warm food. There's a plenty of other days in a year to eat properly.

You’re doing something wrong ;)

Hartusvuori
19th September 2019, 09:42
You’re doing something wrong ;)

Priorities :-)

diegoalju
19th September 2019, 10:04
Hi! Frist time in wales... so, I need a piece of help... this corner, where is ti? Sweet Lamb? This year is in the route?

Thanks!!

Steve Boyd
19th September 2019, 16:03

When I used to go and watch the event in the 1970's & 80's 36 hour days were normal. Then one night sleep followed by another 36 hour day!

Rallyper
20th September 2019, 08:23
Once upon a time when I was seven years old back in the 60´s, my father took me to Kenya and Safari rally. We lived in the bush for one week only having water to drink. No food except from one or another grasshopper. Sleeping under the sky counting stars hearing lions and elephanths from near distance. No toilet. Only pee.

Rallycars every five hours after moving some hundred miles to each stage. But it was fun.

;) ;)

Stevendufc
20th September 2019, 11:53
Hi folks,

Looking for some advice. Coming down from Scotland for the Wales rally.

Attended the BRC Pirelli event at Kielder in April and enjoyed, so we (me, my wife and 5yo son) decided to come down to Wales for this.

We have tickets for the Colwyn Bay stage and an all day pass for the Sunday.

My loose plan was to head to Newtown for Saturday lunch time for the re-group.Will that be worthwhile? On the Friday night we're staying in Runcorn so its an hour+half drive there, so possibly not worth the effort if the re-group doesn't really amount to much.

Was also thinking of going to Llandudno after to visit the service park. I know there won't be any cars getting serviced, so again Im wondering if that will be worthwhile?

Then Colwyn Bay, and after that staying the night in Rhyl (I booked that months ago and now realise that was a bit of a mistake!)

Sunday - I assume you can quite easily do both Alwen and Brenig stages as they're so close to one another - but perhaps not?

So my plan for Sunday was Alwen-Brenig- sit about for a bit (will there be any food or drink kiosks?) while the cars go to Great Orme and then Alwen and Brenig. In terms of the WRC i think Brenig will finish about 1pm - we have a flight from Manchester at 17:05 which should be sufficient time, unless getting out the car park will take a long time - will it?

Also - what time should i be looking to park the car at Alwen on the Sunday morning, in order A) get there on time and B) avoid a lengthy walk (we have a 5 year old). We're staying in Rhyl the night before and its about an hour away, so its looking like a very early start - I wonder just how early!!

Thanks in advance, Steven

Kaps
20th September 2019, 16:49
Where will start and finish of this year's rally be?

the sniper
22nd September 2019, 18:41
Sunday - I assume you can quite easily do both Alwen and Brenig stages as they're so close to one another - but perhaps not?

So my plan for Sunday was Alwen-Brenig- sit about for a bit (will there be any food or drink kiosks?) while the cars go to Great Orme and then Alwen and Brenig. In terms of the WRC i think Brenig will finish about 1pm - we have a flight from Manchester at 17:05 which should be sufficient time, unless getting out the car park will take a long time - will it?

While I doubt there'll be absolute prolonged gridlock, there will be a large amount of people leaving there at that time. The situation can vary a lot depending upon where you end up in the car park, which can be largely outside of your control. This will also translate into a pretty slow run up the A5. Also bear in mind you may well have a fair walk back to your car from the stage, depending on where you end up in the 'car park'/area. So err on the side of caution, given you've got a flight to catch. I think I'd be leaving halfway through the last stage, at latest, as even then the lot out of Alwen will have the jump on you.

Also - what time should i be looking to park the car at Alwen on the Sunday morning, in order A) get there on time and B) avoid a lengthy walk (we have a 5 year old). We're staying in Rhyl the night before and its about an hour away, so its looking like a very early start - I wonder just how early!!

As early as you possibly can! It's an unfortunately early start time on Sunday... The organisers don't help the situation by having such a limited itinerary on Sunday, so pretty much all the spectators will be having to head for the same place, up the B4501 to the area between Brenig and Alwen.

the sniper
22nd September 2019, 18:51
Where will start and finish of this year's rally be?

Start is in Liverpool, on the Pier Head outside the Liver Building. Finish will be on the promenade in Llandudno. According to the rally planner.

janvanvurpa
22nd September 2019, 20:06
Without that you have 12 hour days with chips and beer.

You say that like its a bad thing... I am confused.. let me try and think...
out in the woods, ✔
rally cars driving fast , ✔
beer, ✔
chips, ✔

12 hours of this, ✔

What more could you want? Two major food groups and cars in the woods...
Ja är stoli förvirra.....

Whinlatter
22nd September 2019, 20:36
My loose plan was to head to Newtown for Saturday lunch time for the re-group.Will that be worthwhile? On the Friday night we're staying in Runcorn so its an hour+half drive there, so possibly not worth the effort if the re-group doesn't really amount to much.

Was also thinking of going to Llandudno after to visit the service park. I know there won't be any cars getting serviced, so again Im wondering if that will be worthwhile?

I've not been to that re-group but they're usually a good opportunity to get close to the drivers and see them out of the cars - if the weather is dry I'd say it would be worth the trip. The other thing that might be worth considering is to look at the route that the cars will be taking on the public road and find a village where they'll be passing through (ideally with a pub or café) and park up to watch the cars come past - I'd expect there would be people from the village out watching too. Nb - best doing that after the first run of the stages, if you're after the second run then you'll get caught up in spectator traffic as people leave the stages. Oswestry can be a bit of a bottleneck but at least the Newtown bypass has been finished, which should help traffic flow around there.

Service park is usually worth a visit just for a bit of atmosphere - there are merch stalls and usually a big screen playing interviews and action - and with it being in a town centre this year you can always go for food if you or your son get bored. Like the re-group, it'd be better if the weather was dry!

On Sunday, yeah, really early! I'd say try to arrive no later than 2 hours before first car is due. If you can get parked on the side of the B4501 (carpark P2), that would be best - you could walk to either stage from there. The view from the dam and towards the end of Brenig is decent (point V2) and although it's uphill walking back to your car, you should have an unobstructed view as the terrain is open and the cars below you as they come up the valley (have a look on Google earth). You'll be queueing all the way into Cerrig afterwards, took me 30 minutes just to reach the A5 last year, and that wasn't a Powerstage so possibly fewer people than there will be this year. There should be at least one van selling tea, coffee, bacon rolls and economy burgers!

Whinlatter
22nd September 2019, 20:47
This the view (click to enlarge) from close to the roadside of the B4501, looking down towards the stage - the dam is a long way back from the stage but it's a fast stretch so still a decent watch.

https://i.postimg.cc/N2hg9Yn9/Oct-05-2018-6995.jpg (https://postimg.cc/N2hg9Yn9)

tommeke_B
22nd September 2019, 20:49
Last year isn't really a good comparison indeed, it was on friday and in the middle of the loop. This year going there is nearly the only good option on sunday. Pretty much all spectators are going to these two stages on Sunday. Hard to predict how many there will be... Also keep in mind that most roads leading towards Manchester are full of traffic on Sunday afternoon.

Stevendufc
24th September 2019, 12:50
I've not been to that re-group but they're usually a good opportunity to get close to the drivers and see them out of the cars - if the weather is dry I'd say it would be worth the trip. The other thing that might be worth considering is to look at the route that the cars will be taking on the public road and find a village where they'll be passing through (ideally with a pub or café) and park up to watch the cars come past - I'd expect there would be people from the village out watching too. Nb - best doing that after the first run of the stages, if you're after the second run then you'll get caught up in spectator traffic as people leave the stages. Oswestry can be a bit of a bottleneck but at least the Newtown bypass has been finished, which should help traffic flow around there.

Service park is usually worth a visit just for a bit of atmosphere - there are merch stalls and usually a big screen playing interviews and action - and with it being in a town centre this year you can always go for food if you or your son get bored. Like the re-group, it'd be better if the weather was dry!

On Sunday, yeah, really early! I'd say try to arrive no later than 2 hours before first car is due. If you can get parked on the side of the B4501 (carpark P2), that would be best - you could walk to either stage from there. The view from the dam and towards the end of Brenig is decent (point V2) and although it's uphill walking back to your car, you should have an unobstructed view as the terrain is open and the cars below you as they come up the valley (have a look on Google earth). You'll be queueing all the way into Cerrig afterwards, took me 30 minutes just to reach the A5 last year, and that wasn't a Powerstage so possibly fewer people than there will be this year. There should be at least one van selling tea, coffee, bacon rolls and economy burgers!

Thanks very much for your reply. Great info and much appreciated.

Although I'm not in a bit of quandry. On the Sunday I wonder if I might be better forgetting Alwen & Brenig, and just doing Great Orme? Or maybe I could do Alwen and Brenig in the morning, and call it quits at that (I've grown anxious about missing our flight home now, so probably best not hang around for the second runs).

I guess what I'm asking are the stages in the woods better than Great Orme (I'm imagining yes, but could of course be wrong)

Also, and just to check - Am i right in thinking that once the WRC cars have done Alwen, you can then walk over to Brenig for its' run?

Thanks again

Stevendufc
24th September 2019, 12:54
Last year isn't really a good comparison indeed, it was on friday and in the middle of the loop. This year going there is nearly the only good option on sunday. Pretty much all spectators are going to these two stages on Sunday. Hard to predict how many there will be... Also keep in mind that most roads leading towards Manchester are full of traffic on Sunday afternoon.

Thanks for that. Think I'll miss out the second runs of Alwen and Brenig as don't want to miss our flight. Thanks for the reply

AndyRAC
24th September 2019, 14:33
This the view (click to enlarge) from close to the roadside of the B4501, looking down towards the stage - the dam is a long way back from the stage but it's a fast stretch so still a decent watch.

https://i.postimg.cc/N2hg9Yn9/Oct-05-2018-6995.jpg (https://postimg.cc/N2hg9Yn9)

Having ridden up that hill it's pretty steep.....In fact I'll be there on Saturday trying out a new MTB...

Saying that, depends on were you're situated, you can see quite a bit of the Brenig stage.

AnttiL
25th September 2019, 05:17
https://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/Wales/Betws-y-Coed/long.html
https://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/Wales/Pennant/long.html

Current forecasts implicating constant rain until this Sunday, but dry during the rally week. Although I don't think the dampness will still disappear with those temperatures. Although, having proper rainy and foggy conditions would give the right feeling for the rally...

Whinlatter
25th September 2019, 19:24
Thanks very much for your reply. Great info and much appreciated.

Although I'm not in a bit of quandry. On the Sunday I wonder if I might be better forgetting Alwen & Brenig, and just doing Great Orme? Or maybe I could do Alwen and Brenig in the morning, and call it quits at that (I've grown anxious about missing our flight home now, so probably best not hang around for the second runs).

I guess what I'm asking are the stages in the woods better than Great Orme (I'm imagining yes, but could of course be wrong)

Also, and just to check - Am i right in thinking that once the WRC cars have done Alwen, you can then walk over to Brenig for its' run?

Thanks again

No problem Steven. Yes, you can walk between Alwen and Brenig, but I doubt you'd make it in the time between stages if you're not staying for the second runs - bear in mind that the works WRC crews are running at two minute intervals, so I suppose you could watch the top 10 and then walk across, but you might miss the first few.

Great Orme is a fantastic place to watch rallying if it's a nice day, but it's very exposed and bleak if it's not! It's obviously not the same as watching in a forest, but it's spectacular in it's own way. If you don't mind the early start then personally I'd go for the forest stages, but a lovely sunny day might tempt me to do the Orme...

T16
26th September 2019, 17:06
Superb:

https://twitter.com/msportltd/status/1177259186138361856?s=21

EstWRC
27th September 2019, 09:02
Toyota video preview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98y28WxnreM

Fast Eddie WRC
27th September 2019, 10:24
Very heavy rain for Wales this weekend and Monday, then a drier spell before the rally, but more heavy rain is forecast for the Saturday of the rally...

Sounds like a traditional wet and muddy Rally GB is in prospect.

https://i.imgur.com/RvAq8bX.jpg

Mintexmemory
27th September 2019, 13:02
On the Sunday I wonder if I might be better forgetting Alwen & Brenig, and just doing Great Orme? Or maybe I could do Alwen and Brenig in the morning, and call it quits at that (I've grown anxious about missing our flight home now, so probably best not hang around for the second runs).

As has been said Great Orme is lovely in the sun BUT 4 years ago in the wind it was difficult to stand upright, there is no shelter and the predicted rain will drive in off the sea. I'd say if you have already paid then 1 pass of Alwen or Brenig then beat the crowds as after the second run it will be a 20mph crawl to the M6.
I'm not bothering with the extra mileage / hotel cost on Sunday as most years the rally is in cruise mode so I'm off home after Myherin on Saturday and will watch on Sunday on my laptop in the warm, with maybe a single malt to watch the PS before the afternoon soccer :)

Fast Eddie WRC
27th September 2019, 15:45
Citroen preview:
Buoyed by its recent 1-2 finish in Turkey, @Citroen heads for @WalesRallyGB in confident mood. @SebOgier & @EsapekkaLappi, who finished 1st & 3rd last year, will be aiming to be among the leaders this time around.

🇫🇷 https://t.co/ejnXnM1j2n
🇬🇧 https://t.co/u5wbZl9y6T
#WRC https://t.co/zIjmC5zw0V

Fast Eddie WRC
27th September 2019, 18:05
M-Sport
Home soil, and home heroes ! We're ready for our home event at next week's @WalesRallyGB.

➡️ Read our WRC preview here: https://t.co/LxcrEx9KV1

➡️ Read our R5 preview here: https://t.co/ZW8o18FMo7

er88
27th September 2019, 19:48
"It’s also worth mentioning that the triangle junction chicane used last year is removed now"

AnttiL, you mention this in your Wales route preview about Elsi. Is this the hairpin/triangle chicane that was at the spectator area last year? Or are you on about another part of the stage?

https://youtu.be/BhmxzxfPu8w

AnttiL
27th September 2019, 20:01
"It’s also worth mentioning that the triangle junction chicane used last year is removed now"

AnttiL, you mention this in your Wales route preview about Elsi. Is this the hairpin/triangle chicane that was at the spectator area last year? Or are you on about another part of the stage?

https://youtu.be/BhmxzxfPu8w

Yes, exactly this. The direction is now reversed and they skip taking the extra detour.

er88
27th September 2019, 20:49
Yes, exactly this. The direction is now reversed and they skip taking the extra detour.Thanks mate. So as the cars are coming from right to left this year instead of left to right, where do the cars actually go if I was standing in the position that the guy filming that video was?

Just wondering, as I'm debating watching the first 11/15 cars at Elsi before moving on to Aberhirnant (time will be tight). But if the main spectator point at elsi is shit, I'd rather go to Aberhirnant early instead and find a brilliant spot on that stage before the Marshals try and stop people walking on the stage.

polomayu
28th September 2019, 18:36
Hi,

planning my first rally GB, and I have some questions for most common spectators.

Does any of you plan to catch non-oficial roads to reach the stage? Is it doable?

Thank you!

AndyRAC
28th September 2019, 20:10
Unless you're local, don't bother. Also, a lot of the 'other roads' are closed, or only for competitors/ officials......

T16
28th September 2019, 20:39
Thanks mate. So as the cars are coming from right to left this year instead of left to right, where do the cars actually go if I was standing in the position that the guy filming that video was?

Just wondering, as I'm debating watching the first 11/15 cars at Elsi before moving on to Aberhirnant (time will be tight). But if the main spectator point at elsi is shit, I'd rather go to Aberhirnant early instead and find a brilliant spot on that stage before the Marshals try and stop people walking on the stage.

er88, think I’m right in saying that they miss out the small triangular section and use the piece of stage just behind it you can just about see.

the sniper
29th September 2019, 18:32
Does anybody know where the official WRC2 test is being held tomorrow? Any info much appreciated!

Fast Eddie WRC
29th September 2019, 18:36
The latest BBC forecast showed the ex-hurricane wiil likely go either to the north or the south of the UK, rather than over it.

T16
29th September 2019, 18:55
The latest BBC forecast showed the ex-hurricane wiil likely go either to the north or the south of the UK, rather than over it.

Take a average of that prediction and we’re buggered ;)

Still think it’s too early to say with certainty... fingers crossed.

Wet I can handle, can’t be arsed with a gale though. And more importantly, hope there's no cancelled stages or closed car parks.

er88
29th September 2019, 21:42
Yeah severe wind really is a nightmare.

Remember last year at Myherin in the morning, was so cold up at the turbines and I felt it twice as much having had basically no sleep for two consecutive nights. However moved to Dyfi for the afternoon and it was tshirt weather - was great sitting in the sun waiting for the cars.

Hopefully the weather isn't too bad and doesn't cause too much chaos with the car parks and travelling etc.

T16
29th September 2019, 22:11
Yeah severe wind really is a nightmare.

Remember last year at Myherin in the morning, was so cold up at the turbines and I felt it twice as much having had basically no sleep for two consecutive nights. However moved to Dyfi for the afternoon and it was tshirt weather - was great sitting in the sun waiting for the cars.

Hopefully the weather isn't too bad and doesn't cause too much chaos with the car parks and travelling etc.

Just looking at AnttiL's rally planner as we speak and I can't see it being east to access the wind farm section this year... looks like the cars go straight on into what was essentially one of the car parks last year, as opposed to taking the 90 right. I'm surprised more than anything - was a good spot to get a lot of various viewing points from.

er88
29th September 2019, 22:34
Just looking at AnttiL's rally planner as we speak and I can't see it being east to access the wind farm section this year... looks like the cars go straight on into what was essentially one of the car parks last year, as opposed to taking the 90 right. I'm surprised more than anything - was a good spot to get a lot of various viewing points from.Yeah think I'm avoiding myherin this year altogether for that reason. Was a great place to watch the cars and not far from the car park the last few years, but this year looks too far a walk and you also dont know how much you'll see if the weather isn't great. Will probably just head to Hafren and stay there for the day on saturday.

T16
30th September 2019, 00:04
Yeah think I'm avoiding myherin this year altogether for that reason. Was a great place to watch the cars and not far from the car park the last few years, but this year looks too far a walk and you also dont know how much you'll see if the weather isn't great. Will probably just head to Hafren and stay there for the day on saturday.

You been to the fast spot before (in Hafren), when they are on the limiter and they chuck it in?
At 40 secs...

er88
30th September 2019, 02:14
You been to the fast spot before (in Hafren), when they are on the limiter and they chuck it in?
At 40 secs...

https://youtu.be/JyfXUJyOZKoNah never been to that section before, have you?

Was thinking for one of the passes I will head down the stage from the sharp uphill hairpin left at V2. Fast approach and the further you walk down that way the more quick left/right bends you get leading into one another. Not sure yet what I'll do for the 2nd run.

T16
30th September 2019, 09:14
Nah never been to that section before, have you?

Was thinking for one of the passes I will head down the stage from the sharp uphill hairpin left at V2. Fast approach and the further you walk down that way the more quick left/right bends you get leading into one another. Not sure yet what I'll do for the 2nd run.

Yeah, it’s probably the fastest corner I’ve ever seen (I guess it will be if they are on the limiter when they take it!).
I’ll send you a pic of where it is if you’re not already sure.

Fast Eddie WRC
30th September 2019, 13:54
BT Sport are showing every stage live on their normal channels. Will be nice to be able to watch in HD, unlike on the red button.

er88
30th September 2019, 17:32
Yeah, it’s probably the fastest corner I’ve ever seen (I guess it will be if they are on the limiter when they take it!).
I’ll send you a pic of where it is if you’re not already sure.Yeah cheers that'd be great if you could point it out, gives me another good option to consider!

You planning to go to that fast section in Aberhirnant that you spotted in one of the videos?

T16
30th September 2019, 17:38
Yeah cheers that'd be great if you could point it out, gives me another good option to consider!

You planning to go to that fast section in Aberhirnant that you spotted in one of the videos?

No probs. PM me your email and I’ll send it over

Whinlatter
30th September 2019, 21:00
Does anyone know where is the place at 0.25 in this film - and is it being used in this direction this year? PM if necessary - thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGjxuvti23o

Oops!
30th September 2019, 22:06
Looks like the final stage last year to me... Power stage whatever that one was.

AnttiL
1st October 2019, 07:20
Looks like the final stage last year to me... Power stage whatever that one was.

Last year Great Orme was the last stage and Gwydir the power stage earlier.

To me that looks like a mid Wales stage, maybe Dyfnant? Someone probably knows

EDIT: watched Breen’s Dyfnant from last year and it definitely matches at 1:45 . It’s driven the same way this year

bearclaw
1st October 2019, 07:31
Last year Great Orme was the last stage and Gwydir the power stage earlier.

To me that looks like a mid Wales stage, maybe Dyfnant? Someone probably knows

EDIT: watched Breen’s Dyfnant from last year and it definitely matches at 1:45 . It’s driven the same way this year

yes it‘s dyfnant – about 3,45km from start

Fast Eddie WRC
1st October 2019, 12:10
Ex-Hurricane Lorenzo to affect UK: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/about-us/press-office/news/weather-and-climate/2019/will-hurricane-lorenzo-affect-the-uk

AndyRAC
1st October 2019, 12:19
It's interesting, having been on Netweather forums, the discussion is that many of the weather models say something slightly different.

Fast Eddie WRC
1st October 2019, 13:16
Craig Breen:
4 Days and 310km of #Wales' toughest roads. If that wasn't enough throw in #HurricaneLorenzo for good measure, it's shaping up to be a truly classic #WalesRallyGB! ⛈😁 https://t.co/pZGoLM1edi

Fredouye
1st October 2019, 13:18
Do you know if this part of the wind farm will be used ?

https://youtu.be/g9sj4eGbJr0

Thanks in advance !

turves
1st October 2019, 13:54
Do you know if this part of the wind farm will be used ?

https://youtu.be/g9sj4eGbJr0

Thanks in advance !

Its being used but its a very long walk this year from the car park

Fredouye
1st October 2019, 14:02
Is it ~ 2-3 km from finish ?

AnttiL
1st October 2019, 14:16
Yes, known also as Elfyn's Corner

Fredouye
1st October 2019, 14:51
Well, 6-7km from parking L, if it's not raining that should be fine :)

the sniper
1st October 2019, 16:10
"The Wales Rally GB organiser says there is "nothing forecast that would concern us in the special stages" for this weekend's World Rally Championship event, despite uncertainty over Hurricane Lorenzo."

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/146330/rally-gb-tests-appear-safe-despite-hurricane-lorenzo

Whinlatter
1st October 2019, 17:44
yes it‘s dyfnant – about 3,45km from start

Thanks guys - I actually watched at the next corner up from there in the wet in 2016 and no one took anything like the sort of lines that those guys are taking! So a combination of dry weather and 2017 cars makes a big difference I guess...

go mads
1st October 2019, 18:06
Going by some pics I've seen on facebook we will be kept at a distance from cars servicing on the seafront. Shame, always enjoy getting close up to wrc2 crews etc

the sniper
1st October 2019, 18:22
Going by some pics I've seen on facebook we will be kept at a distance from cars servicing on the seafront. Shame, always enjoy getting close up to wrc2 crews etc

I don't think the service park is open to the public until Thursday?

go mads
1st October 2019, 18:42
No it doesn't, but seen pictures of miles of crowd barriers along one side of the promenade, wide access road then in between the barriers and the teams. With it being a town centre service they are not going to let joe public share this road with rally cars like we normally do at other service parks

satnav
1st October 2019, 21:42
With ref to the service park , there is a latest layout in Bulletin 2, there is also a plan of the Oulton Park stage , don't know if there has been any change from previous ones.

https://d2cx26qpfwuhvu.cloudfront.net/wrgb/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/30174659/1.2-Bulletin-No.-2-Yellow-2.pdf

EstWRC
2nd October 2019, 06:04
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFzuoGxWkAIqwc5.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFzuoGyWkAAtKaj.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFzuoITWkAEEaGf.jpg

https://twitter.com/RallyingUK/status/1179079580717637632

Mintexmemory
2nd October 2019, 09:03
Car fuelled, food and utensils ready, bag packed - Hitting the road at 1pm for the pilgrimage to Betws y Coed. #Excited (which is ridiculous for a 65 year old!!)

Tauri_J
2nd October 2019, 09:23
Weather looks to be really bad for friday.

T16
2nd October 2019, 09:28
Some guy on twitter wanting to take his old dad down to Oulton park and apparently, you can't get tickets on the gate! What on earth is all that about? What happened to taking rallying to the people and making access easier?

Fredouye
2nd October 2019, 09:32
First time in Wales, I need an advice :)
Does it seem realistic ?

- Park/sleep in parking M (Sweet Lamb)
- leave early and walk to Myherin, Elfyn's corner 2018
- stage starts at 10 AM
- at 12AM, walk back to Sweet Lamb for the water splash (SS starts at 3 PM)

9 km twice, but with plenty of time...it seems to be a nice gravel road, with a small bridge to get to A444. But I dont' want to be blocked :(

Thanks in advance.

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd October 2019, 10:16
Some guy on twitter wanting to take his old dad down to Oulton park and apparently, you can't get tickets on the gate! What on earth is all that about? What happened to taking rallying to the people and making access easier?

To be fair they have been promoting this for ages saying there is no pay on the gate. I cant believe anyone planning to go didnt check the atrangements.

DavidCaba95
2nd October 2019, 10:27
Henning Solberg, Simone Tempestini and Gaurav Gill not starters in Gales. Via ewrc

Mintexmemory
2nd October 2019, 10:36
I'd say nearer to 12km (depending on where you get parked) but if you are a strong walker it's easily doable. There will be security at the road entrance across the main road from Sweet Lamb but they cannot stop you entering on foot as the gravel road is part of a public right of way. Of course if you have a rally pass you can flash that as you've paid to enjoy the privilege of the hiking ;)

Fredouye
2nd October 2019, 11:16
https://twitter.com/eWRCresults/status/1179330346577485825?s=19

Henning Solberg, Simone Tempestini and Gaurav Gill not starters in @WalesRallyGB

T16
2nd October 2019, 11:51
To be fair they have been promoting this for ages saying there is no pay on the gate. I cant believe anyone planning to go didnt check the atrangements.

A lot of people may have been holding off because of the weather and I just can’t see why they wouldn’t boost the spectator numbers by having a pay on the gate option.
Possibly because they need to determine staff and police levels by understanding numbers first, but it just goes in the opposite direction of making the sport more accessible.

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd October 2019, 12:03
Being a race track it must be their system. Taking cash and giving change is a lot of hassle

Plus the surrounding roads are tight country lanes and they wouldnt want queues blocking them.

T16
2nd October 2019, 12:15
Being a race track it must be their system. Taking cash and giving change is a lot of hassle

Plus the surrounding roads are tight country lanes and they wouldnt want queues blocking them.

Don’t want to keep hammering on the same point, but that doesn’t add up at all.... they can manage the payments and traffic for a crowd the size of BSB, yet you’re saying they can’t for a few thousand rally fans.

Whinlatter
2nd October 2019, 13:06
Anyone know how much it is to get into shakedown? I'm hoping it's £20-25, not the £35 they're charging for 'pay on the day' on the other days.

the sniper
2nd October 2019, 14:42
I was told in Finland by someone that should know that the bulk of Clocaenog was dropped because it was "too accessible" and expensive to secure, revenue wise... As such I think there has been an increased focus on money.

dimviii
2nd October 2019, 20:04
Your victory in Turkey, and the first Citroen double for 4 years, gave the whole team a smile?
Sébastien Ogier: "This victory comes at a good time, we were in a critical position in the championship, it was a bit of a last chance race, where we had to turn the tide at the risk of our chances of becoming weak. It plays on the motivation of the teams, obviously, everyone is struggling, doing their best, and when the results are disappointing, it's hard to keep your head up and keep moving forward. extra boost to everyone. "

What is your view of your season? This little side all or nothing?
SO: "There are 3 victories, 4 podiums and 3 bad rallies, 7 podiums including 3 successes, it's a very good result, the other 3 bad results are a bit of a leap in the league. has been very successful, our chances have become much more realistic.We are not in the best of solutions, get Tanak remains complicated.The goal is to ride this dynamic.Britain is a rally always difficult, with tricky conditions, which has often succeeded me in recent years, so the goal is to put a maximum of pressure on Tanak, even if I expect him to leave very hard, as usual . "

Sébastien Ogier during his victory at the last rally in Turkey on September 15th.

So, Ott Tanak is it worthwhile to the regular?
SO: "The Toyota is in another category this season, but at the end of the race, to get a title, there's a moment when it starts to turn a little bit more in the head. It can work in my favor: Intrinsically, in pure speed, chances are that it is a little faster, but we still have our say. "

"In pure speed, it may be complicated"

According to surveys, you are given a 35% chance of retaining your title ...
SO: "My realistic side makes me say that indeed, in pure speed, it may be complicated.Although, I still give myself 50/50 because I believe in it! The key is this rally of Great Britain If we are able to stay in touch, get closer a little bit, from there, our chances will become really real! We will have our say, especially since the last two rallies of the year are going to be penalizing for the leader of the championship Good, 50/50, I exaggerate a little! Let's say ... we speak again after the RAC! "

Do you sometimes think of the other scenario? That you can lose your title for the first time in six years?
SO: "Honestly, I think little or almost no, of course, if it happens, it will not make me happy, but it will not take away the 6 tracks I already have. would always like more, and I hope it will not stop, but in truth, I do not think about it any more than that. "

S. Ogier on the roads of Turkey © AFP

You are leaving a test session in Wales. Can we expect some changes on the C3 WRC?
N / A: "We are quite optimistic, the driving sensations are pretty good, we did not have the ideal conditions to prepare for the rally, it was very, very dry, and there is a good chance that this week the conditions We are not going to ask too many questions ... Without having a revolution on the car, the feeling at the wheel evolves positively lately. "

This year, you often had a smile after a day of testing, before falling in the race. You have found some interesting solutions?
SO: "I'm not the type to lose my smile, I'm pretty optimistic in general! OK, you would have crossed after Germany, the smile would have been a little duller, that's for sure! took a long time to put things back together, to try to understand how we got there, and we went back to the familiar bases, a little bit older, to refine the references on the car and, from there, try to new things related to the chassis, the balance of the car and the differentials. "

https://sport.francetvinfo.fr/auto-moto/rallye/sebastien-ogier-cest-du-5050-pour-le-titre

EstWRC
2nd October 2019, 20:48
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/71384750_1426478420844203_6977335502345076736_o.jp g?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQmPQqtgf4gtGiRdMkzpuUJsc6AL9FhQed1yX_klyjS 3YxRVSLfCEO4-xfImlt-jMfg&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=9dc6fc2d02b641853163b79ba7089012&oe=5DF84D60
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/71513840_1426478290844216_3951452379987050496_o.jp g?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQm_lKnjIWRRdgW-SHmvMpZZfRGFvNpTq-J38uoG_9aVeWjC5Dr4N6bpf1NwJm3A37E&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=ccc32eb1d6092546fddc3058d2b0d8fc&oe=5E23DE72
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/72054885_1426478427510869_5471931606623059968_o.jp g?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQkE2xSfFtYXkWiorArR8sGDpe0Eo1o-RDInW00VY97LgpCtZq22a3GvVxLNSDQPJiQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=688113c16f4104b833693d56a18f90c6&oe=5E3DD711
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/72483864_824737687928418_205951820806225920_o.jpg? _nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQnEz0maAb3pZmFF5cUsBkwhSdYN5guBscmFqqd5fQZ IRv5SrQfoWwD_RVp4FbwBd1I&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=45edbd9952d99ebfb5b6f51cf47a6d4e&oe=5E3D31D8
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/71520464_824737804595073_5998911814530760704_o.jpg ?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQnnVFy2EmbhhqRXCGlKd7sRBsSnwPpIMJqVJoVc_85 olr4NSxgbaAlnfqMxVGIhbyQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=fbcc7a02f0c2606d6167a2fbb847aa91&oe=5E249D84
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/71886031_824737341261786_5841814473622421504_o.jpg ?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQnxc-S7G1WqG0SxfOlfKjusUHX6lpP2dQmabZNYzKlACdQck60UMUmL zdEgS8-uEtY&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=07481553586a1555c8d0a1bc9f02ff44&oe=5E3A9725

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd October 2019, 21:29
Pre-Rally GB forum 2019 with Budar, Millener & Breen: https://www.facebook.com/135798096463261/videos/vb.135798096463261/766850577086046/?type=2&theater

dimviii
3rd October 2019, 05:10
https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/146349/solberg-son-almost-missed-gb-after-failing-test

er88
3rd October 2019, 06:23
Getting ready to head down from Scotland, the weather where I am has unusually very mild and settled the last few days but sounds like that's not the case further south. The forecast certainly isn't great.
No shakedown for me this year but will be there Friday and Saturday. Hope everyone who is attending has a great event and that it's good for those of you watching at home.

This forum isn't just great for following the sport as a whole all year round, but also great when planning to attend an rally. Whether it's advice on where to watch, where to stay or general questions, there always seems to be someone to help out/answer. Had good info passed onto me by T16 this year and the Sniper in the past, and AntiiL is always the go-to man for stage knowledge, so I feel well set.

My plan as it stands is Elsi 1, Aberhirnant 1, Elsi 2/Pen 2, Aberhirnant 2. Then on saturday stay at Hafren for both runs, before heading home.

Think Tanak will win this and get one hand on the title, if the Toyota holds up.

Sulland
3rd October 2019, 07:10
Is the shakedown shown anywhere this year?

Tauri_J
3rd October 2019, 07:17
Wrc+ like always

rallyfiend
3rd October 2019, 07:34
Is the shakedown shown anywhere this year?

Facebook, like always

GravelBen
3rd October 2019, 07:52
Yes, currently streaming on WRC facebook page.

TypeR
3rd October 2019, 07:58
I thinks its the most impressive WRC2 startlist I have ever seen.. It's gonna be awesome fight between all the guys!

Sulland
3rd October 2019, 08:25
but why stop transmitting after first round, not taking a chat with all the WRC2 bunch?

T16
3rd October 2019, 08:36
Getting ready to head down from Scotland, the weather where I am has unusually very mild and settled the last few days but sounds like that's not the case further south. The forecast certainly isn't great.
No shakedown for me this year but will be there Friday and Saturday. Hope everyone who is attending has a great event and that it's good for those of you watching at home.

This forum isn't just great for following the sport as a whole all year round, but also great when planning to attend an rally. Whether it's advice on where to watch, where to stay or general questions, there always seems to be someone to help out/answer. Had good info passed onto me by T16 this year and the Sniper in the past, and AntiiL is always the go-to man for stage knowledge, so I feel well set.

My plan as it stands is Elsi 1, Aberhirnant 1, Elsi 2/Pen 2, Aberhirnant 2. Then on saturday stay at Hafren for both runs, before heading home.

Think Tanak will win this and get one hand on the title, if the Toyota holds up.

Have a great event pal.

AnttiL
3rd October 2019, 08:36
but why stop transmitting after first round, not taking a chat with all the WRC2 bunch?

Everyone always asks the same question.

Only the WRC and WRC2Pro cars have a timed startlist. After that you can go to the queue and there could even be a gap if all the cars go back to service for set up changes. Doing the transmission costs money so they can't do a three-hour broadcast. Also, I believe it's intentional to show more WRC2Pro and less WRC2 in order to get more teams involved in the series.

Got Mail
3rd October 2019, 08:42

Only the WRC and WRC2Pro cars have a timed startlist. After that you can go to the queue and there could even be a gap if all the cars go back to service for set up changes. Doing the transmission costs money so they can't do a three-hour broadcast. Also, I believe it's intentional to show more WRC2Pro and less WRC2 in order to get more teams involved in the series.

That's what they pay €150000 for.

rallyfiend
3rd October 2019, 09:03
That's what they pay €150000 for.

Only Skoda has had to pay the 150k, because they're not a P1 manufacturer.

Rallyper
3rd October 2019, 09:32

This time the question was legitimate.

Obviously you didn´t watch this morning. You should have seen that the broadcast was interrupted after Kopecky and nothing from Solbergs first run. Only interwiev with Paddon at SD finish... :( :(

You think that is promotion of rallying?

AnttiL
3rd October 2019, 09:41
This time the question was legitimate.

Obviously you didn´t watch this morning. You should have seen that the broadcast was interrupted after Kopecky and nothing from Solbergs first run. Only interwiev with Paddon at SD finish... :( :(

It's not the first time they do this. Sometimes all WRC2(Pro) is omitted completely.

The way I see it, the shakedown thing is just a bonus, you can't complain of something that's free.

AnttiL
3rd October 2019, 09:43
Only Skoda has had to pay the 150k, because they're not a P1 manufacturer.

Yes. And this exposure is what the teams get in return for paying the entry fee. It wouldn't be fair if private teams got the same exposure for free, although it's not reasonable from a fan's point of view.

rallyfiend
3rd October 2019, 10:18
Yes. And this exposure is what the teams get in return for paying the entry fee. It wouldn't be fair if private teams got the same exposure for free, although it's not reasonable from a fan's point of view.

That 150k goes to the FIA. Not the Promoter.

and I bet the FIA don't share it with them!

Rallyper
3rd October 2019, 11:10

1) Bonus thing should yet be handled with professional attitude.

2) They pay for being able to become World champions.

Promoter should just promote. Not fail in showing what people want.

dimviii
3rd October 2019, 11:11
1100/5000
"We are motivated, we have to stay calm, we know that this is an extremely important rally because we and Hyundai are in a fight for both titles, there is no need for this at this stage, for example to favor the title. It may happen during the rally, our main goal is to finish in front of Tanak, we do not have the right to make mistakes, but we never have this right in reality. It has cost us dearly, like in Chile or Turkey, we will give everything until the end, "said TN.

Before adding: "To win here, you have to be really confident with the car, there are a lot of grip changes, the road is often a little hidden too, there are plenty of surprises waiting for us. We did a good job during the reconnaissance, there should not be any big differences between the first three cars because the sweep is less present.It is a mythical event.Fatigue can play an important role because we sleep very little My top 3, Neuville in the lead, Ogier and Tanak not far away. "

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/rallye/wrc/detail_neuville-on-n-a-pas-le-droit-a-l-erreur-on-va-tout-donner-jusqu-a-la-fin?id=10331709&fbclid=IwAR38H-HgoE8rWPYrbS0u6LrKPiFL0LctAAXbKoRkrrKxJTOrk8ZfL1gz hhU

dimviii
3rd October 2019, 11:13
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EF8CZ1TXYAAYfTX.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EF8ra8dXkAUyoV5?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EF8gTzfX0AE_sLV?format=jpg&name=small

EstWRC
3rd October 2019, 11:46
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/71306799_1320905408064971_3734095707317993472_o.jp g?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQlN4Dvi5JjZGDWX8nAJabewMDjexPUJGq10Te-Jfs2wtbbdlEOg2KPbqWk6Vo_adPA&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=4c2600b8bd61283dcf7528eff70cb50d&oe=5E3AADB6
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/72048649_1320905571398288_1277929791932071936_o.jp g?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQmxhdfel96ubJJV9xNAalyvAgJYjTNnmNhwtM3SjIp ImMFhMaMopucdpiPbSsxSKcY&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=037f7ad464127f2bb01733ae145e5f0e&oe=5E38E9A5
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/71378266_1320905501398295_3525075235457990656_o.jp g?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQnOix63OgKyFW5842xGaeGWlD02Rb4uYtah8za0xib jkpj8T4iHUzYuDuIRLuDCE1U&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=965718e82edbca75f4ba8a73b19986ce&oe=5E28934F
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/72379199_1320905448064967_2468745848826101760_o.jp g?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQl-6dmbHtVtmFbWi37rRd5O_y2FHh_MxJSmasicOwWOJzb523GFdu 5TfizYaI9r6kE&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=3cb9a2d7f3b23c63666940d277d77bca&oe=5E30BA94
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/71701823_1320905544731624_4847033952617103360_o.jp g?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQltVvd2TYrUXiku2f0wW9bE6SwZrmc8hqzj0eIGy2H wkOkDwabmsVpQ6Abkkf6Wub4&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=6a4243d658584de5be0a3c8b4c006292&oe=5E283B26
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/71697528_1320905734731605_6070434156859359232_o.jp g?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQkwuslZ1mwW68u6DgHfiukP4v6s4IUpFdVWJx6Bczt sYsD008r9QrTPASbhBbFbVSM&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=1f9b8baba64f7ba6d68a2df7a264dc44&oe=5E26542D
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/71198632_1320905631398282_1402298215029538816_o.jp g?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQm7cOP3EVkey8kj5GGgQ2rgJbWaoQcZ17l8vgOez9i Wy7xvz7HfkOIS5ZcsOr8Vp7w&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=cd462237010ff619fd894bb5dc70bf2d&oe=5E367418

https://www.facebook.com/pg/atWorldphotography/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1320075914814587&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARC_1rQAtCIuXMU8nkoTO1th6x0GhWr0 U7rPhj-iEC-qaQT4mmGEZ-hqfvABzr2VhFEhcie0yLnOKawCspUXxiQl9acC9UPy1mhrDsqF QBMci8_Nx7XtLwksEO7ACYS3-vmimcnxhtNx_oyWzFLy2TXD5O-oxQA_9Ph948x9ysCI8_0OchV-u8LkbLlDzm-SwtuxqCJGDYODop4cNLpV78uV7DCMOzO72fhswOp-l9IVpq7RO1Fsay420cL8l5f4EkVeJXkE4FKWA0gvc_dtH_U1aK b_oivP4IAAFHQR6ocBdw_V3kXnqJUQ6woTJM1jZe2JTb7o3I4n qPUX61Z2IrC2uGGfPkuCWEJrYmG11n9b6UAH5NHcNmZ41pyy9y 5WoylQTtu2x7FjIcLgyvg5lO33Bii9tD_0y4Jf3trm86DTk3_d jWfAM_mxMv5Wr_pDy-AGressfdIj6uWRdxChnN6ypuNate-RMFcqNYvdypylg7zsp9d_CuBkS1lRxPg1dw&__tn__=-U-R

AnttiL
3rd October 2019, 11:47
1) Bonus thing should yet be handled with professional attitude.

Promoter should just promote. Not fail in showing what people want.

I forgot one reason why they don't show more cars – they run out of onboard camera kits.

I think showing the WRC cars is still the main thing and as long as they do that it's not failing.

doubled1978
3rd October 2019, 12:28
Out on the shakedown this morning.
Hyundai cars looked to be struggling a bit compared to the others, looked a bit lazy..
Meeke looked great, clearly quickest visually.
Tanak just cruising, I’m sure he will be quick tomorrow.
Evans looked good on return.
Tidemand noticeably more hesitant than other WRC guys.
Rovanpera driving very well by me.
Paddon still adapting back to R5, needs to ring the neck of it more, not rely on torque like he would in a WRC. Bogged down by us by being in too high a gear.

Rallyper
3rd October 2019, 12:56
Still they could have showed stagecamera (they had at least two at stage end) and interviews.

EstWRC
3rd October 2019, 13:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KGmiP15BZ0&feature=youtu.be

mknight
3rd October 2019, 14:01
So Meeke just became 2019 shakedown champion as he can't be beaten with 5 wins, Tänak, Ogier and Neuville all have 2.

flykas
3rd October 2019, 14:06
So Meeke just became 2019 shakedown champion as he can't be beaten with 5 wins, Tänak, Ogier and Neuville all have 2.

Champion in the thing which doesn't count, kind of strange title :]]

Rallyper
3rd October 2019, 14:29
Less than one hour before Pickems closes.

the sniper
3rd October 2019, 15:01
Still they could have showed stagecamera (they had at least two at stage end) and interviews.

I was by the camera on the inside of the fast right hander near the end (with Mintexmemory). Those guys stayed on the stage for at least an hour after the live broadcast ended.

EstWRC
3rd October 2019, 15:21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Mf22LYB0U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0sXxvLl0Us

the sniper
3rd October 2019, 16:23
I'm at Oulton Park. Raining here. Just seen a demo run. As predicted, the end of the stage looks almost ridiculously slippery!

AnttiL
3rd October 2019, 16:26
Tomorrow morning should be rainy, then no rain for afternoon and Saturday but obviously still wet roads

dimviii
3rd October 2019, 17:03
1279/5000
"I'm not sure that there is a real secret to win this event (note: won 5 times by Ogier) Here, there are difficult circumstances to face in terms of grip and visibility. rally where you have to know how to keep a little margin because there are a lot of traps and changes of grip After that, we have to attack, as always We are on a good series here, we will have to continue if we want to continue The fight for the title I like riding here, I feel at ease on these roads Tanak is leading the championship, the pressure is on his shoulders and we will do everything to put him under pressure. If we manage to make equal play or pick up a few points, it can remain playable for the last two rallies, especially since it will have to go ahead and it will be a little more complicated, "detailed the French to our microphone.

"The rally is special, there are not many people who like to get up at 4 am It's part of the game, we have to deal with it, it's more demanding and we have a little less time to prepare the following days, but this is a test that we know very well, there may be a little less preparation, so I think it's going to be okay, "he said. he also punctuated.

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/rallye/wrc/detail_ogier-grip-et-visibilite-il-faut-savoir-garder-un-peu-de-marge-ici?id=10331839&fbclid=IwAR1gRjkIGGGbbY8re-gmuJo-aZtbFLc1URCJsqS-UKaixQQCPatxVg7i9Uo

dimviii
3rd October 2019, 17:05
son like father

https://www.ewrc.cz/images/2019/photos/wales_rally_gb_2019/hfr_dsc_2674.jpg
https://www.ewrc.cz/images/2019/photos/wales_rally_gb_2019/hfr_dsc_2667.jpg

more
https://www.ewrc-results.com/photo/54471-wales-rally-gb-2019/

dimviii
3rd October 2019, 17:10
from all videos till now,hyundai seems not so good at suspension set up

https://youtu.be/CrNNve_-TuA

Katvala
3rd October 2019, 18:31
And Wales Rally is now started!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Oliverk
3rd October 2019, 18:33
This has to be in top 3 of worst micky mouse stages ever created.

mknight
3rd October 2019, 18:34
This has to be in top 3 of worst micky mouse stages ever created.

I am not quite sure. What I am sure is that the camera work for the first car was epic fail.

Katvala
3rd October 2019, 18:36
Yes, the camera crew isn't doing any wonders in there

Micke_VOC
3rd October 2019, 18:40
Terrible stage....both for us who looks on WRC-tv and the spectators i think.

Devillersvideo
3rd October 2019, 18:40
Nice shakedown today :D

https://youtu.be/l70oSNRvz9Y

Mirek
3rd October 2019, 18:41
Problems for Oliver with front screen fogging.

tomhlord
What the heck is happening to the coverage this evening, all over the shop so far.

Katvala
Nice to see Solberg stage end commentary again :D