PDA

View Full Version : WRC Promotional event Shell Helix Rally Estonia

Pages : [1] 2

ArviPommer
29th April 2019, 14:15
Citroën Total World Rally Team crew Esapekka Lappi and Janne Ferm is first WRC entry in Shell Helix Rally Estonia

Esapekka Lappi and Janne Ferm starting in Shell Helix Rally Estonia with Citroën C3 WRC
Citroën Total WRT praises Shell Helix Rally Estonia as a good preparation for Rally Finland
Shell Helix Rally Estonia rallypasses on sale
Citroën Total WRT crew Esapekka Lappi and Janne Ferm will start in Shell Helix Rally Estonia which is for the first time official WRC promotional event. Rally Estonia is held on 12-14 of July in South Estonia. Lappi and Ferm with Citroen C3 WRC is the first WRC crew from WRC manufacturer team in this year’s entry list. As the conditions are similar to Rally Finland the Finns are definitely fast and one’s to watch for overall victory. Lappi and Ferm have competed in Rally Estonia 2014 with S2000 car. They ended fifth overall.

Starting from this year are they driving for Citroën Total WRT and are currently 8th in WRC drivers standings. Their best result this year is second place from Rally Sweden.

Esapekka Lappi: “Rally Finland is obviously very important to me. I am happy to be able to take advantage of this additional chance to drive, in order to approach the leg as prepared as possible, and because the Estonian stages have so many similarities to those in the Jyväskylä region and the local fans show us such an enthusiastic welcome.”

Pierre Budar, Citroën Racing Team Principal: “We had an especially warm welcome while we were here last year, and the very real conditions of this testing round helped a great deal as it contributed greatly to the second place we then secured in Finland. It is now with this same objective that we return with Esapekka in order to prepare him for the WRC round on his home soil as much as possible and to gain data that will be beneficial to Sebastien.”

The fact that Esapekka Lappi and Janne Ferm and Citroën Total WRT are starting in Shell Helix Rally Estonia is important for Citroën importer in Baltic states, Veho Eesti AS.

Mihkel Vaks, member of the board Veho Eesti AS: “Once again we’re glad to welcome official Citroën Total WRT team competing in Estonia. In cooperation with rally organizers and other importers we contribute all together that Estonia will be favored destination to held official WRC promotional event. Continuous enthusiasm from WRC manufacturer teams is a sign that in the future can Estonia host official WRC round.”

Director of Shell Helix Rally Estonia Urmo Aava adds that they have longer and productive cooperation with Citroën.

“The fact that we have Citroën team third time in Estonia is a sign of trust and the feedback has been constructive. Esapekka Lappi and Janne Ferm are very popular among Estonian rallyfans and we hope to see many supporters from Finland too. Like the constructive cooperation with Citroën Total WRT the cooperation with Citroën importer in Baltics, Veho Eesti AS has been and I hope will be in future same,” said Urmo Aava, director of Shell Helix Rally Estonia.

Rallypasses are now available on Shell Helix Rally Estonia official website Price 24 euros.

Shell Helix Rally Estonia 2019 is held on 12.-14. July 2019 in Tartu, Otepää, Elva, Kanepi and Kambja. It is a round of Estonian, Latvian and FIA European Rally Cup and Official WRC promotional event.

ArviPommer
29th April 2019, 14:16
https://www.rallyestonia.com/en/shop/ buy Tickets

N.O.T
29th April 2019, 14:23
Very reasonable price for a WRC event

but local rallies should be Free.

Tarmop
29th April 2019, 14:27
Paying for WRC teams, building-repairing roads, closing them, organizing safety, spectator areas, live media...can`t be done for free, although the forests aren`t locked... SSS are free and as i can see, some concerts are also in the price.

ArviPommer
30th April 2019, 14:24
https://www.rallyestonia.com
https://www.facebook.com/rallyestonia/
https://www.facebook.com/rallyestonia/videos/352314802080081/

EstWRC
6th May 2019, 04:36
It’s Mikkelsen from Hyundai as announced just today

AnttiL
6th May 2019, 06:19
It’s Mikkelsen from Hyundai as announced just today

Like I posted elsewhere earlier, it makes sense since Neuville is doing Ypres and Loeb the French event. Sordo also got to do a Portuguese rally in an R5.

EstWRC
6th May 2019, 07:44
Andrea Adamo, Team Director of Hyundai Motorsport:“We are happy to join Rally Estonia again this year because it is always great to participate in such events, which are well organized and witnessed by so many passionate spectators. This will be a good opportunity for us to prepare for Rally Finland a month later and put us into the right rhythm. The level of the event this year will be even more interesting as there will be quite a few WRC competitors there.”

Andreas Mikkelsen: “I’m really looking forward to compete at Rally Estonia in July. Rally Finland is such a special rally, being so fast and the roads are so wide, that going to Rally Estonia will be great to get into the rhythm on very similar conditions. It might be a bit more sandy in some places but still I am sure it will really help our Finland venture. I have done a rally in Estonia back in 2006 and have not been there in a really long time and I really look forward to it. From what we have seen from Estonian fans around the world, I’m sure their passion will welcome us all.”

https://rallyestonia.com/en/spectators/news/uudis/2019/05/06/andreas-mikkelsen-and-anders-jaeger-starting-at-shell-helix-rally-estonia-with-hyundai-i20-coupe-wrc/?fbclid=IwAR0MgTaZ8NDDCYv_0EfkKCm2ZZx7w6k4285aHKk8 u2F4LIHBQ4lnKVapic4

EstWRC
14th May 2019, 13:26
Fastest Russian team in WRC Nikolay Gryazin and Yaroslav Feodorov starting in Shell Helix Rally Estonia

https://www.rallyestonia.com/en/spectators/news/uudis/2019/05/14/fastest-russian-team-in-wrc-nikolay-gryazin-and-yaroslav-feodorov-starting-in-shell-helix-rally-estonia/?fbclid=IwAR0wQGBsAUZRojCUYtuCj4IV3mUc9WvaBsvjNlWd AfoP6hxI2QeMNoqTEPY

ArviPommer
27th May 2019, 16:50
Previous winner Ralfs Sirmacis back at Shell Helix Rally Estonia
Rally Estonia is favorite rally for Sirmacis
Sirmacis just won his class in Rally Liepaja
Shell Helix Rally Estonia is round of Latvian championship
Ralfs Sirmacis, winner of Rally Estonia 2016 and one of the fastest Latvian rally drivers is coming back to Estonia. He and Ralfs Igavenš will start at Shell Helix Rally Estonia held on 12-14 of July. Fresh winners of ERC 2 category at FIA ERC Rally Liepaja will drive this time Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X prepared by Latvian team ASRT. The participation of Ralfs Sirmacis and Ralfs Igavenš at Official WRC Promotional event is in cooperation with Pirelli and Sportland.

Three times FIA ERC European Rally Championship rally winner Sirmacis finished 3rdoverall in the series in 2016. Last weekend Sirmacis and Igavenš started their home FIA ERC event in Liepaja where they won ERC 2 category. Their next rally will be Shell Helix Rally Estonia.

Ralfs Sirmacis: “Shell Helix Rally Estonia is still my favorite rally. It is fast, with jumps and corners which makes it very enjoyable. Of course I wanted to drive it once again with R5 car but I’m sure it will fun with Mitsubishi Lancer EVO too. In Rally Liepaja we saw that we have the pace and we will give our maximum at Rally Estonia.”

AnttiL
6th June 2019, 10:51
Evans entered now with Fiesta WRC

Fast Eddie WRC
6th June 2019, 11:01
We're excited to confirm that @ElfynEvans and @scottmartinat will contest this year's @RallyEstonia with their EcoBoost-powered Ford Fiesta WRC! We know how passionate the Estonian fans are, and the atmosphere is going to be incredible this year! 🇪🇪 #FordPerformance #MSPORTERS https://t.co/z9vH4uzUYT

Fast Eddie WRC
6th June 2019, 11:03
Aava: "The Yaris behind me doesn't mean that Ott and Martin will start #RallyEstonia, we're still working towards that dream." #WRCCandidate

https://twitter.com/Karlip1/status/1136581001373782016

Fast Eddie WRC
6th June 2019, 11:24
WRC All Live will also broadcast Rally Estonia. :)

er88
7th June 2019, 20:13
So we've got Lappi, Evans, Mikkelsen and most likely Tanak from the WRC teams. Surely there's no way Tanak doesn't do this event?

racerx1979
7th June 2019, 20:16
So we've got Lappi, Evans, Mikkelsen and most likely Tanak from the WRC teams. Surely there's no way Tanak doesn't do this event?

I was thinking the same thing, but they would have announced that long time ago no?? I'm sure Estonian fans would want to know sooner than later so they can plan to see their hometown hero.

AnttiL
7th June 2019, 20:21
I was thinking the same thing, but they would have announced that long time ago no?? I'm sure Estonian fans would want to know sooner than later so they can plan to see their hometown hero.

Well all we know is what Fast Eddie quoted at post #13

er88
7th June 2019, 20:26
I was thinking the same thing, but they would have announced that long time ago no?? I'm sure Estonian fans would want to know sooner than later so they can plan to see their hometown hero.I can't understand why he wouldn't be there. Yes Meeke is the newest driver and maybe could do with the extra competitive mileage in the Yaris, but Toyota are lucky they can test all summer if they want to in Finland due to their base. So let Meeke, Jari and maybe Juho do as much driving as possible in Finland (along with Ott), but don't deprive the Estonians from seeing Ott on home soil by sending Meeke etc there instead.

Testing in Finland is probably better preparation anyway (besides it being non competitive)?. More representative roads obviously

Allez Andruet
7th June 2019, 21:24
If Tänak signs contract extension with TGR in time for Rally Estonia he'll be there.

Tarmop
8th June 2019, 09:16
Perhaps the whole TGR WRT will be there, as it is the teams second home... and the new RAV4 and Corolla are the best selling models atm. :rotate:
Then there is Katsuta, learning...
Then there is this rumour going around...https://planetemarcus.com/fernando-alonso-chez-toyota-au-wrc-espagne/

EstWRC
8th June 2019, 09:28
the same was going on last year....

Paddon was firstly announced (already in february), then Breen (in april) and then Tommi and all the others were talking BS how they are working hard to make it happen and it is doubtful and etc, but then Tänak was announced at the end of May.

EstWRC
10th June 2019, 04:49
Didn’t see this one coming...

Suninen with the new fiesta r5 added to the list https://www.rallyestonia.com/en/spectators/news/uudis/2019/06/10/shell-helix-rally-estonia-as-a-first-competition-for-brand-new-ford-fiesta-r5/

Awesome!

surdna
18th June 2019, 09:00
Wondering why it takes so long to announce Toyota driver, would even make sense to get all 3 out there.

pantealex
18th June 2019, 13:27
Wondering why it takes so long to announce Toyota driver, would even make sense to get all 3 out there.

Makes sense what way ?

There is 2-days AutoGlymrally in Finland same time ...

AnttiL
18th June 2019, 13:32
Makes sense what way ?

But Estonia is an official WRC Promotion event, the teams need to take part in that? It's a different thing if they can take part in two rallies at the same time.

Allez Andruet
18th June 2019, 13:44
If (and obviously when) there is a Toyota entry for this event, I don't get why or how it could be anyone else than Tänak?

AnttiL
18th June 2019, 13:52
If (and obviously when) there is a Toyota entry for this event, I don't get why or how it could be anyone else than Tänak?

I would be very afraid for the Estonian angry mob that would approach Puuppola if they didn't enter Tänak

Allez Andruet
18th June 2019, 14:11
I would be very afraid for the Estonian angry mob that would approach Puuppola if they didn't enter Tänak

Rumor is that local authorities are already handing out "in case of invasion" flyers around Puuppola area.

Tarmop
18th June 2019, 14:47
There have been rumours about all three. I`d say also a nice place to test Katsuta against some of the best...

Autoglym is not necessary for a team, who has the NORF taking place in their backyard...

surdna
18th June 2019, 15:50
Makes sense what way ?

AFAIK all the WRC teams have agreed to come to Rally Estonia at-least with one WRC car and driver so Toyota team must have a cost line for that already. Now the question is what are their plans and budget. Mr. Toyoda has said that Tänak must become world champ by any means so i assume that money if needed should not be a problem. Of course Toyotas issues are not solved by just throwing money at the problem, but if Tommi needs extra budget for Rally Estonia i think in the light of recent events its easy. Motivation for Toyota is to gain max edge for their "home" event in Finland and really stress test the car so in Finland they can confidently go flat out and try to reduce the gap with Hyundai.

Kris Meeke is probably most motivated to drive in Estonia, he has less experience with the Yaris and being away for a year made him more hungry. I think he is more than happy to get more kilometeres under his belt with that Toyota. How this year continues for him decides probably his future.

JML needs to increase his confidence, why not do that in a rally that is similar to Finland and there's not such pressure as official wrc event. If he could do a successful "test event" before Finland it would be a good boost for him. It's the head that needs also some fixing. He doesn't need to practice for his home event but having a good mind state for Finland would be superb.

Tänak is currently in such form that he doesn't need Rally Estonia preparation opportunity but he may be motivated still. He is hungry for that title and having the unfortunate last stage is Sardinia may be the catalyst for him to really try to test (break) the Yaris by going flat out in Estonia. Also it's first rally event in Estonia that's closest to WRC and would be great place to give something back to community and fans who are following him around the world.

EstWRC
18th June 2019, 16:19

I’m already there, hiding in the bushes and ready to attack if Tänak isn’t announced ;)

pantealex
18th June 2019, 17:53
Let me try to explain little bit better maybe:
1) TGR is attending to Rally Estonia with atleast 1 Yaris WRC (more is also possible)
but
2)Their drivers wants to attend AutoGlym because they think that those road suite better for NRF (Neste Rally Finland, not NORF)

Money is not problem or logistics, they can run 2 rallies same time.

Tänak can choose himself which event he will do, Estonia is his home but if he think that AutoGlym is more useful...

(I do remember that last year Rally Estonia competitors got excellent results from NRF, much better than AutoGlym competitors)

masa90
19th June 2019, 06:21
I hope to see wrc entries in both rallies. Hoping to make it to Estonia myself, but that seems bit unlikely at this time so seeing them closer to home would be really cool. Any rumours about any legends? Like Hirvonen?

pantealex
19th June 2019, 15:15
I hope to see wrc entries in both rallies. Hoping to make it to Estonia myself, but that seems bit unlikely at this time so seeing them closer to home would be really cool. Any rumours about any legends? Like Hirvonen?

Hirvonen will do AutoGlym.
but Eerik Pietarinen will start with Fabia EVO at Estonia, good benchmark for new Fiesta Mk8 R5

dnb
19th June 2019, 20:50
maybe Tanak won't start Rally Estonia and they don't want to announce it cuz it's a killer for the ticket sales?

Päss1928
19th June 2019, 21:00
maybe Tanak won't start Rally Estonia and they don't want to announce it cuz it's a killer for the ticket sales?

This makes sense to me. But can't see why he wouldn't do it or wouldn't want to do it, so then again it doesn't. If Tommi says no he can just whisper MSpo.. and permission would be granted.

Crazy J
20th June 2019, 08:02
It could be also interesting to see some of the other Estonian star drivers in Toyota, e.g. Märtin, Aava, etc or even someone from track side like Asmer, Pentus..

Tarmop
20th June 2019, 10:54
:D Be realistic. Aava has his hands full organizing the event, noone is going to pay for some retired circuit-racers outing, atleast this kind of money and Märtin...well, most logical, but still would more likely see him in his Focus 03. I think Katsuta/Alonso are more probable.

Like thought, they are going to announce Tänak in some interesting way, but they are going to announce him. Could read it from Aava`s this morning statement.

cali
20th June 2019, 11:43
It could be also interesting to see some of the other Estonian star drivers in Toyota, e.g. Märtin, Aava, etc or even someone from track side like Asmer, Pentus..Maybe Ivar Raidam or Vallo Soots? Why some guys have some strange fetish to spectate some really old or retired dudes is beyond me. I'd rather have some young guns like Kruuda, Volver, Šesks, or Torn any day instead of retired dudes.

EstWRC
25th June 2019, 09:06
Breen also on the list according to Hyundai’s press release https://motorsport.hyundai.com/finland-crews-revealed/

THis is just unbelievable guys. I know it’s not an official wrc event but all my life I have dreamed about a wrc round here and now it does happen.

This is as close as it gets.

Dreams come true sometimes. So happy at the moment.

TypeR
25th June 2019, 15:24
even if Ott won't be here, I think at least Meeke will. So yes, for estonians it would be sad if he doesn't come here, but hey, it will still be mega event!
Never know, maybe it's a one-off(hopefully not), but like EstWRC said, it is as close as it can get to Estonia.

Tarmop
25th June 2019, 15:45
Well, he probably will...as cunningly implied by the organizer himself. Just trying to make promo with it (or not take anything away from another event held this weekend).

Actually, i wouldn`t be surprised, if there would be other "big names with big cars" from other teams. Citroen clearly needs to keep up and get the feedback, Ogier needs help and Ostberg has said at the beginning of the season, that he plans this event...he did well in Finland last year. Toyota also has five drivers in total...+ Alonso.

Allez Andruet
25th June 2019, 18:42
Breen also on the list according to Hyundai’s press release https://motorsport.hyundai.com/finland-crews-revealed/

THis is just unbelievable guys. I know it’s not an official wrc event but all my life I have dreamed about a wrc round here and now it does happen.

That's one heck of a rally you have there. I would imagine a bunch of Finns taking the fast ferry over the Baltic Sea and join the party. And even if Lappi doesn't win it, you can always bring few 24-packs of Saku Originaal back to Finland.

cali
26th June 2019, 04:39
Tänak confirmed

deephouse
26th June 2019, 06:53
Is this means that he signed new contract with Toyota?

Oliverk
26th June 2019, 07:27

Probably yes.

AnttiL
26th June 2019, 07:29

How would it mean that? Remember that Rally Estonia is not a voluntary local rally, it's a WRC Promotional Event.

Tauri_J
26th June 2019, 07:37
It was probably confirmed months ago, just announced now.

EstWRC
26th June 2019, 07:54

the rally is this year, Ott is contracted until the end of this year...i dont get why he must sign a new contract to participate in this years rally.

EstWRC
26th June 2019, 08:24
What marketing would that be if he would announce that he will leave the team and still compete there with Toyota?? In his homeland. With Toyota base in Estonia. It's all connected. I'm sure he will announce it officialy a few weeks later after the event.

Tanak's entry on his home country's biggest motorsport event could only be confirmed once Juho Hanninen had safely completed Rally Italy because WRC points leader Tanak will use the Yaris Hanninen drove in Sardinia.

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/144378/all-works-wrc-teams-to-contest-rally-estonia

deephouse
26th June 2019, 08:28
With billions of money and probably not only 4 cars available why they must use exactly the same car?

Oliverk
26th June 2019, 09:26
the rally is this year, Ott is contracted until the end of this year...i dont get why he must sign a new contract to participate in this years rally.

Coporate business is probably not so black and white. Everything is connected. Hänninens car is prob good excuse to give media. Toyota should have enough of cars.

Tarmop
26th June 2019, 12:22
With billions of money and probably not only 4 cars available why they must use exactly the same car?

Maybe has something to do with upgrades mounted to it. Oterwise they have several cars-testcars available...Katsuta/Grönholm/Hänninen have used two atleast.

Jakem
27th June 2019, 05:12
Markko Märtin will compete in Rally Estonia with new generation ford wrc.

tr4m
27th June 2019, 05:55
Total 8 WRC cars in Shell Helix Rally Estonia entry list
Source (https://www.rallyestonia.com/en/spectators/news/uudis/2019/06/27/markko-martin-starts-at-shell-helix-rally-estonia-together-with-top-wrc-drivers/)

Well done organizers! I really need to plan how to get to the stages asap. Will be interesting to see, how will Markko compare to new generation.

AnttiL
27th June 2019, 06:18
so Georg Gross is also with a new Fiesta WRC, meaning that Märtin has rented a car from M-Sport (or JanPro)

I'm happy for all you Estonian rally people, you get a proper show :cool:

meh
27th June 2019, 06:24
so Georg Gross is also with a new Fiesta WRC, meaning that Märtin has rented a car from M-Sport (or JanPro)

"He will drive the latest generation Ford Fiesta WRC from M-Sport"
(https://rallyestonia.com/en/spectators/news/uudis/2019/06/27/markko-martin-starts-at-shell-helix-rally-estonia-together-with-top-wrc-drivers/)

EstWRC
27th June 2019, 07:48
Superb news. Didn’t expect this at all. Awesome

Tarmop
27th June 2019, 12:16
Aava said it is beneficial for M-Sport development ( as we know, Märtin also has good skills in developing winning cars).

dimviii
27th June 2019, 12:55
Aava said it is beneficial for M-Sport development ( as we know, Märtin also has good skills in developing winning cars).

Martin has plenty of years to be engaged at wrc level.

Tauri_J
27th June 2019, 13:04
One wild conspiracy theory out there is that Märtin is testing the new Ford for Ott.

lol

Indreq
27th June 2019, 14:02
One wild conspiracy theory out there is that Märtin is testing the new Ford for Ott.

lol

Interesting theory and surely they will discuss their experiences. But i am not sure how much actual advantege it gives to Ott. While Märtin is good and experienced driver, modern WRC cars are quite different from the ones which he drove years ago. For him it would be challenge to learn all adjustment options, find best settings for his driving style etc - it probably will take more than one test and one rally to learn enough about the car to be competitive and even more to give meaningful feedback for other drivers.

EstWRC
27th June 2019, 14:13

lol

It’s actually not that wild and my thought was the same when I heard it.

AnttiL
27th June 2019, 14:59
But Tänak knows the Fiesta well and the changes in the past 18 months cannot be so drastic. It would be more plausible if Märtin would drive Hyundai or Citroen. Unless renting a car involves access to some confidential information about it...

TypeR
27th June 2019, 15:20
But Tänak knows the Fiesta well and the changes in the past 18 months cannot be so drastic. It would be more plausible if Märtin would drive Hyundai or Citroen. Unless renting a car involves access to some confidential information about it...

that ,,testing for Ott'' is pretty stupid thought.. Ott could change the Fiestas engine ja gearbox blindfolded if needed. Märtin has very good connections with M-Sport and Wilson and as Märtin is running his own team(renting Fiesta R5s and servicing them), it's the only logical way to drive the Fiesta WRC. I bet that he has driven the new gen WRC quite many kilometers, as Tänak's team ownes one and Gross is driving it..

eib1
27th June 2019, 15:33
I bet that he has driven the new gen WRC quite many kilometers, as Tänak's team ownes one and Gross is driving it..

Exactly and now he get´s latest spec and will feel the difference.
I bet this ex-Östberg Fiesta hasn´t got latest upgrades and that´s why this could be important information for Ott. :P

Tarmop
27th June 2019, 15:39
Umh, wild fantasies. They are basically the same cars, just finetuned. A driver, not familiar with current rallies doing a one-off local event doesn`t have anything wise to say to a guy, who drove it in 2017 and won with it. Or you seriously believe they know how to tell 0.02323 (example) differences Fiesta17 vs Fiesta 19 Vs fiesta20 vs Yaris19vs Yaris20? Same can be done by monitoring Suninen/evans on different rallies.

Plus....i think there would be no problem to arrange a "meeting" in Dovenby which involves some driving...or upgrade the 17spec they have. In the end, everything can be expected when the season starts.

cali
27th June 2019, 15:40
Exactly and now he get´s latest spec and will feel the difference.
I bet this ex-Östberg Fiesta hasn´t got latest upgrades and that´s why this could be important information for Ott. :PGross's Fiesta is older gen WRC (2011) thus quite pointless to compare these 2 Fiestas

eib1
27th June 2019, 16:00
Gross's Fiesta is older gen WRC (2011) thus quite pointless to compare these 2 Fiestas

https://www.ewrc-results.com/carinfo/69-ford-fiesta-wrc-17/?car=1659&a=1#start

cali
27th June 2019, 16:05
https://www.ewrc-results.com/carinfo/69-ford-fiesta-wrc-17/?car=1659&a=1#startMust take back everything I've said :) thanks!

SubaruNorway
27th June 2019, 17:10
Gross's Fiesta is older gen WRC (2011) thus quite pointless to compare these 2 Fiestas

He had an 16' That one has gone to Norway and Rune Danneborg

Tarmop
27th June 2019, 17:15
2015, but still counted as a 2011 spec with upgrades.

cali
27th June 2019, 18:00
He had an 16' That one has gone to Norway and Rune DanneborgYeah thanks, that's where the confusion

dimviii
28th June 2019, 13:52
Becs Williams
‏Verified account @Becsywecsy
3h3 hours ago

Bit of BTS for you. At the Tanak movie premiere we went to dinner afterwards. Lots there including Ott, Markko & Malcolm Wilson. There was some chat about him competing but he played it down. I asked if we’d see him in a car again. ‘Yes’ he said ‘To drive home tonight’ ��

meh
29th June 2019, 14:05
I hope we have really interesting battles ahead.
Entry list: https://rallyestonia.com/en/competitors/entries/
(entry-list does not seem to be complete, for example - Katsuta is missing there, but he have announced his participation)

Last year results: https://www.ewrc-results.com/final/44940-shell-helix-rally-estonia-2018/

# WRC
* Ott Tänak is clear favourite, but the same clear is that Lappi, Mikkelsen, Evans and Breen will not make winning easy
* "Pressure" from Breen - it would hit someones ego, when they going to be slower than Breen first time in Hyundai
* "Pressure" from Märtin - if Märtin can be faster than any current WRC driver, they should really consultate with mirror
How fast is Märtin? Noone knows, including Märtin himself.
(https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/144436/martin-to-take-on-current-wrc-runners-in-estonia)

# R5
* Teemu Suninen (new Ford Fiesta R5)
- Shell Helix Rally Estonia as a first competition for brand new Ford Fiesta R5
https://rallyestonia.com/en/spectators/news/uudis/2019/06/10/shell-helix-rally-estonia-as-a-first-competition-for-brand-new-ford-fiesta-r5

* Oliver Solberg (Volkswagen Polo GTI R5)
- Have been driving in baltics a lot, knows the roads and surface
- 1st in own class (R2) Rally Estonia 2018

* Eerik Pietarinen (new Skoda Fabia R5)
- Won own class in Rally Estonia 2018, 4th overall (faster than Gross and Gorban with WRC cars)
- Won won class in Rally Finland 2018
https://www.ewrc-results.com/final/44262-neste-rally-finland-2018/?sct=222
- Eerik Pietarinen and Juhana Raitanen at Shell Helix Rally Estonia with new Skoda Fabia R5 evo
https://rallyestonia.com/en/spectators/news/uudis/2019/06/19/eerik-pietarinen-and-juhana-raitanen-at-shell-helix-rally-estonia-with-new-skoda-fabia-r5-evo/

Just Lukyanuk with Citroën C3 R5 is missing from perfect R5 fight. Maybe Huttunun with Hyundai i20 R5 but he have been clearly slower than Pietarinen or Lukyanuk.

mknight
29th June 2019, 16:43
For the WRC drivers it's imo all about testing for everyone except maybe Tänak.
Others will definitely change to different (risky) setups for testing and even get time penalties if needed for extra setup work rather than fight for result.

Got Mail
29th June 2019, 17:12
I hope we have really interesting battles ahead.
Entry list: https://rallyestonia.com/en/competitors/entries/
(entry-list does not seem to be complete, for example - Katsuta is missing there, but he have announced his participation)

Last year results: https://www.ewrc-results.com/final/44940-shell-helix-rally-estonia-2018/

# WRC
* Ott Tänak is clear favourite, but the same clear is that Lappi, Mikkelsen, Evans and Breen will not make winning easy
* "Pressure" from Breen - it would hit someones ego, when they going to be slower than Breen first time in Hyundai
* "Pressure" from Märtin - if Märtin can be faster than any current WRC driver, they should really consultate with mirror
How fast is Märtin? Noone knows, including Märtin himself.
(https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/144436/martin-to-take-on-current-wrc-runners-in-estonia)

# R5
* Teemu Suninen (new Ford Fiesta R5)
- Shell Helix Rally Estonia as a first competition for brand new Ford Fiesta R5
https://rallyestonia.com/en/spectators/news/uudis/2019/06/10/shell-helix-rally-estonia-as-a-first-competition-for-brand-new-ford-fiesta-r5

* Oliver Solberg (Volkswagen Polo GTI R5)
- Have been driving in baltics a lot, knows the roads and surface
- 1st in own class (R2) Rally Estonia 2018

* Eerik Pietarinen (new Skoda Fabia R5)
- Won own class in Rally Estonia 2018, 4th overall (faster than Gross and Gorban with WRC cars)
- Won won class in Rally Finland 2018
https://www.ewrc-results.com/final/44262-neste-rally-finland-2018/?sct=222
- Eerik Pietarinen and Juhana Raitanen at Shell Helix Rally Estonia with new Skoda Fabia R5 evo
https://rallyestonia.com/en/spectators/news/uudis/2019/06/19/eerik-pietarinen-and-juhana-raitanen-at-shell-helix-rally-estonia-with-new-skoda-fabia-r5-evo/

Just Lukyanuk with Citroën C3 R5 is missing from perfect R5 fight. Maybe Huttunun with Hyundai i20 R5 but he have been clearly slower than Pietarinen or Lukyanuk.

Gryazin will also be there.

RS
29th June 2019, 18:31
Suninen in new Fiesta, vs Solberg in Polo, Pietarinen in new Fabia and Gryazin in old Fabia should be a very interesting battle in R5 indeed.

With his experience Suninen should take it but those other cars with those drivers on these roads should be very strong indeed!

pantealex
29th June 2019, 19:25
Is it confirmed that Gryazin will use "old" Fabia ?

Katsuta with old or new Fiesta ?

Is new Fiesta faster than Fabia EVO ?

Tarmop
29th June 2019, 19:47
It would be logical for Katsuta to test the new R5, but nothing about that (according to his twitter).

AnttiL
29th June 2019, 21:26
https://www.rally-maps.com/Rally-Estonia-2019

Some new small roads and more junctions

RS
30th June 2019, 04:53
Is it confirmed that Gryazin will use "old" Fabia ?

No, but on the contrary I haven’t heard any news that he will get the new one yet.

Presume Pietarinen/TGS will get one as he will be a ‘pro’ driver in Finland.

racerx1979
30th June 2019, 06:56
So will this be streamed anywhere? We're the WRC+ rumors just a joke or can we watch it on all live?

Tarmop
30th June 2019, 08:40
Yes. All live will do some or maybe even all stages? Would think about all, when that amount of eq. is dragged over.

Got Mail
30th June 2019, 09:56
No, but on the contrary I haven’t heard any news that he will get the new one yet.

Presume Pietarinen/TGS will get one as he will be a ‘pro’ driver in Finland.

It will be the 'old' car for Gryazin.

Evo for Pietarinen.

Although there's not much evidence that the new car is any quicker.....

EstWRC
30th June 2019, 10:20
So will this be streamed anywhere? We're the WRC+ rumors just a joke or can we watch it on all live?

Yes Will be streamed On wrc plus.

Andre Oliveira
30th June 2019, 12:37
It would be logical for Katsuta to test the new R5, but nothing about that (according to his twitter).

Katsuta: https://twitter.com/takamotokatsuta/status/1137301021045272577?s=21

We will be compete in @RallyFinland WRC2 with new Fiesta R5 of @MM_Motorsport �� Can’t wait!!
ついに@RallyFinland にて、新型R5フィエスタ投入。
この車のデビューウィンを飾れるよう全力を尽くします。
その前にWRCラリーイタリアで、現行フィエスタR5で有終の美を飾れるよう頑張ります��

the sniper
30th June 2019, 12:43
Yes. All live will do some or maybe even all stages? Would think about all, when that amount of eq. is dragged over.

I'd like to see them confirm if it's full 'All Live' coverage, as it'll be disappointing if it ends up being a half arsed attempt. I'm still tempted to go to Estonia for this, but if there's full All Live coverage, I think I'd rather follow it from home.

Franky
30th June 2019, 12:55
Not giving my head, but it should be a local production.

dnb
30th June 2019, 13:36
For the WRC drivers it's imo all about testing for everyone except maybe Tänak.
Others will definitely change to different (risky) setups for testing and even get time penalties if needed for extra setup work rather than fight for result.

Tänak don't need testing? Would you think Rally Estonia is more important to him than Rally Finland?

Anyway, during this long break, they have already done testing, I think most of them go for the rally and speed.

AnttiL
30th June 2019, 13:49
Just that he’s the one who might care about winning the event, for it’s his local rally

Tarmop
30th June 2019, 17:44
If the schedule is like it was last year (and it probably is) then they have plenty of time for testing different setups.

mknight
1st July 2019, 11:43
Tänak don't need testing? Would you think Rally Estonia is more important to him than Rally Finland?

Anyway, during this long break, they have already done testing, I think most of them go for the rally and speed.

If the schedule is like it was last year (and it probably is) then they have plenty of time for testing different setups.

Tanak and Toyota don't need more testing on Finnish roads since they test there all the time with "unlimited" test days and since it's his local rally he will go for win.

All the other teams have very limited testing on similar roads. They have to use test days for that and historically have been reluctant to do that "only" for one event. So they go to Estonia mainly for testing which the event (schedule) is specially made for. Hence they will not care about fight for positions. Though for sure they will try to use others as a reference for evaluating setup changes.

Tarmop
1st July 2019, 16:58
So....they will fight, probably yes, not against Tänak at home and in the Yaris...

Fast Eddie WRC
1st July 2019, 18:27
I'd like to see them confirm if it's full 'All Live' coverage, as it'll be disappointing if it ends up being a half arsed attempt. I'm still tempted to go to Estonia for this, but if there's full All Live coverage, I think I'd rather follow it from home.

I imagine WRC+ will be asked to do a proper job as the Rally organisers will want to show off the event. I hope so, anyway.

They can also sort their locations for when its part of the WRC.

svstock
2nd July 2019, 19:32
SS 5/7 Rüa
https://i.imgur.com/THTr2B1.jpg
capacity: around 3000
Truuta is the most innovative spectator area where thousands of rally fans can follow the driving of each rally car for more than a 45 seconds.

The various rally elements built in the Truuta forest park and the natural slope will make spectating very easy. At Truuta area rally cars can jump, fall from the plateau and enjoy curves with varying speed and inclination.

https://www.rallyestonia.com/en/spectators/general-information/spectator-areas/
https://www.rally-maps.com/Rally-Estonia-2019/Rüa

Allez Andruet
2nd July 2019, 19:48
SS 5/7 Rüa
https://i.imgur.com/THTr2B1.jpg
capacity: around 3000
Truuta is the most innovative spectator area where thousands of rally fans can follow the driving of each rally car for more than a 45 seconds.

Now that's more like it. Instead of SSSs filled with donuts and other nonsense, this is the proper way to make rallying attractive for the masses.

Hartusvuori
3rd July 2019, 06:36

It's not going to be full All Live. Locally produced live stages (not all) and some All Live stuff thrown in is how I've understood it, probably on free of charge side. It'll still be a nice way to follow the event.

Franky
3rd July 2019, 07:32
It's not going to be full All Live. Locally produced live stages (not all) and some All Live stuff thrown in is how I've understood it, probably on free of charge side. It'll still be a nice way to follow the event.

Based on the TV guide for Kanal2, they'll show the opening ceremony, SS1/3, SS5/7, SS15 and podium ceremony. So four stages are broadcasted on Saturday and only the city stage on Sunday.

svstock
3rd July 2019, 07:40
For what i have heard it will be All live experience, they gathered every live stream stations all over Estonia edit*(6 (now 7) broadcast stations, around 30 cameras and 2 satellite stations) + rented Finland's helicopter team (which does actual wrc+ all live heli footage) + Latvian team do provide best result all together (operators, film directors, engineers, technicians) in addition to Estonian team.

source: https://sport.postimees.ee/6700049/jarelvaadatav-selgus-kolmas-rally-estonial-osalev-wrc-soitja-millised-uuendused-ootavad-tanavu-ees
starting at 44:04

Special offer!
https://plus.wrc.com/en/
WRC+ All Live 12 MONTH subscription with a 30% discount!
Promo code for the discount is "SHRE30" (Promo code available until 31.07.2019)

Entries as 03.07.2019
https://www.rallyestonia.com/en/competitors/entries/

Itinerary
https://rallyestonia.com/userfiles/SHRE%202019%20SR%20Appendix%201%20Itinerary.pdf

eib1
3rd July 2019, 12:30
R5 class debut for Rainer Aus and Simo Koskinen at Shell Helix Rally Estonia.

Rainer Aus and Simo Koskinen, who have achieved two podium places at Rally Estonia, are ready for their debut with R5 car. They will drive Škoda Fabia R5 from ex-WRC driver Toni Gardemeister’s team TGS Worldwide and it will happen in cooperation with Škoda importer Auto 100 and Pirelli.

svstock
8th July 2019, 11:49
Seeded entry list as 08.07.2019
https://www.rallyestonia.ee/userfiles/SHRE2019_Seeded%20entry%20list_08072019.pdf

Fast Eddie WRC
9th July 2019, 20:23

@MSportLtd
Last week saw the first all-new Ford Fiesta R5 roll out of the workshop to the customer! Who knows where it was headed? #FordPerformance
https://twitter.com/MSportLtd/status/1148548960694390784

Katsuta is confirmed as driving this brand new Fiesta R5 (Suninen in another).

I'll be more interested in this and the R5 battle than the WRC's. Hope we get some good coverage of it on WRC+.

Tauri_J
9th July 2019, 21:28
Only 5 stages on all live.

svstock
10th July 2019, 12:17
Only 5 stages on all live.

WRC+
Ceremonial Start WRC Friday 20:45
SS1 Maaritsa 1 (14,60 km) Saturday 9:00
SS3 Maaritsa 2 (14,60 km) Saturday 11:40
SS5 Rüa 1 (9,30 km) Saturday 14:00
SS7 Rüa 2 (9,30 km) Saturday 16:45
SS15 Tartu City (1.43 km) and podium Sunday 14:45

Fast Eddie WRC
10th July 2019, 15:34
New Fiesta R5 first test real in Estonia, and Østberg on why he's not in Estonia or Finland:

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/144697/estonia-first-real-test-of-new-msport-fiesta-r5

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_HtOltWsAAsF3N.jpg

dimviii
10th July 2019, 16:25
Martin with fiesta wrc
https://twitter.com/Karlip1/status/1148984618433036288

Katsuta

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_IAUOLXkAEIKdF.jpg

dimviii
10th July 2019, 16:53
Μartin

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_IIAUEWwAEUkB_.jpg

more photos
https://ralli.ee/galerii-mm-motorspordi-rally-estonia-eelne-test-louna-eestis/

EstWRC
10th July 2019, 16:57
Martin with fiesta wrc
https://twitter.com/Karlip1/status/1148984618433036288

Awesome ! :)

dimviii
10th July 2019, 17:46
Katsuta small video
https://twitter.com/TakamotoKatsuta/status/1148998111093755906

mknight
10th July 2019, 17:53
In terms of results/stage times it will be actually more interesting to follow R5s, due to both new Fiesta and Solberg's first comparison with WRC level drivers, rather than WRCs with their testing.

eib1
10th July 2019, 18:18
:D

https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/66587035_2536571333033474_326060400850239488_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQkBXmhXnrwJYKVRWA04raJd7wUPXY5JQB3gReDmj-CV6X04nKPcDctQpBTnQUEw1MojGtyR7AbDqjszMgni2sEh&_nc_ht=scontent-hel2-1.xx&oh=03fad782a952abd3fccad6d3f7190805&oe=5DA84A8E

dimviii
10th July 2019, 18:20
GR Gazoo tents with fiesta.

dimviii
10th July 2019, 18:21
In terms of results/stage times it will be actually more interesting to follow R5s, due to both new Fiesta and Solberg's first comparison with WRC level drivers, rather than WRCs with their testing.

how much difference between r5 and wrc cars at this type of roads? about 1 sec/km less/more?
have we got some indications from previous years?

eib1
10th July 2019, 18:23
how much difference between r5 and wrc cars at this type of roads? about 1 sec/km less/more?
have we got some indications from previous years?

https://www.ewrc-results.com/final/44940-shell-helix-rally-estonia-2018/

hope for smaller gaps this year due to better RC2 lineup

dimviii
10th July 2019, 18:35
https://www.ewrc-results.com/final/44940-shell-helix-rally-estonia-2018/

hope for smaller gaps this year due to better RC2 lineup

thanks,was about 2sec/km at most stages.

pantealex
10th July 2019, 19:40
GR Gazoo tents with fiesta.

news part is Fiesta WRC19,
TMR has been using Toyota Gazoo Racing tents with Fiesta R5 many times...

dimviii
10th July 2019, 20:24
https://youtu.be/mBcwURAopKw

dnb
10th July 2019, 20:40

Or because you can expect much bigger battle with R5-s than in most WRC rallies. Shouldn't be the case with WRC cars. Too bad only 5 stages are shown live.

tr4m
11th July 2019, 05:08
https://giant.gfycat.com/DelayedShoddyCopperhead.webm
Markko getting up to speed

Fast Eddie WRC
11th July 2019, 13:32
Katsuta testing new Fiesta R5
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_L7VrVWsAA2WFq.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_L7VraXsAAD4Uy.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
11th July 2019, 15:03
From WRC.com
More than 100 cars will start the event, which kicks off with a Friday afternoon qualifying stage for the manufacturer team drivers, ahead of the evening opening ceremony in Tartu.

pantealex
11th July 2019, 16:36
If ewrc has reg-plate/chassis right, then Pietarinen is NOT using Fabia EVO.

Original plan was starting with EVO.

Andre Oliveira
11th July 2019, 17:00
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_NU7LBWkAID6us?format=jpg&name=medium

EstWRC
11th July 2019, 17:18
Using TGR tents and now Tänaks number :p

krisgerhard
11th July 2019, 17:34
We made an Rally Estonia prediction mini-game. You can take part of it by navigating to https://wrcfan.com/rallyestonia

Andre Oliveira
11th July 2019, 17:34
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_NdR_jXsAAGLZK?format=jpg&name=large

quick
11th July 2019, 18:40
He also tested this car yesterday

Tarmop
11th July 2019, 19:42
Well, there are pictures of it on this same page...

quick
11th July 2019, 19:51
I mean Tänak tested that car nr.8

EstWRC
11th July 2019, 19:53
https://g1.nh.ee/images/pix/1000x654/SW4QMmzwgL0/marko-martin-marko-martin-wrc-86813853.jpg
https://g1.nh.ee/images/pix/1000x666/IMIkUQxqjmQ/marko-martin-marko-martin-wrc-86813901.jpg
https://g1.nh.ee/images/pix/1000x666/n9w-Ku0mC9Q/marko-martin-marko-martin-wrc-86813929.jpg

EstWRC
11th July 2019, 19:55
more here

https://sport.delfi.ee/news/auto/rallyestonia/delfi-rally-estonial-fotod-wrc-meeskondade-ettevalmistused-ralliks-on-taies-hoos?id=86811071#!dgs=dgsee-248117:1b0rtZ89aTsAxZwkLITT6l

Berke
11th July 2019, 20:00
I mean Tänak tested that car nr.8
You mean he tested the fiesta?

Tarmop
11th July 2019, 20:11
Probably just confusing with Märtin, otherwise would have been all over the media, as there were many eyes present...

mknight
11th July 2019, 21:39
Any (visible) upgrades on the C3?

Wonder how to interpret the body-language here:
https://sport.delfi.ee/news/auto/rallyestonia/delfi-rally-estonial-fotod-wrc-meeskondade-ettevalmistused-ralliks-on-taies-hoos?id=86811071#!dgs=dgsee-248117:3AUiTpxpq4Z9UdDUXeKRER

Barreis
11th July 2019, 22:28
Any (visible) upgrades on the C3?

Wonder how to interpret the body-language here:
https://sport.delfi.ee/news/auto/rallyestonia/delfi-rally-estonial-fotod-wrc-meeskondade-ettevalmistused-ralliks-on-taies-hoos?id=86811071#!dgs=dgsee-248117:3AUiTpxpq4Z9UdDUXeKRER

sick of it all :D

mknight
12th July 2019, 06:05
sick of it all :D
Maybe something like: "I couldn't find any good cheese and wine in the shop, what are we going to do?"

EstWRC
12th July 2019, 07:45
shakedown stage is live and heres first clip of Ott on it https://twitter.com/Nmls79/status/1149576463948980224?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1149576463948980224&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.postimees.ee%2Fembed%2Fl iveblog%2F13402%3Farticle_id%3D6728419

unfortunately no times until the stage is finished if at all

EstWRC
12th July 2019, 07:59
Pietarinen already in trouble, hit a stone or something, stage was stopped for a while

eib1
12th July 2019, 08:53
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_QljagVUAAIEkt.jpg

RS
12th July 2019, 08:55
Isn’t that old Fabia? I thought he would start with the new one.

EstWRC
12th July 2019, 10:11
Suninen also had a brief stop

https://f8.pmo.ee/a19t0t2CP96Syt3HxcT2GLpmiyo=/770x0/nginx/o/2019/07/12/12355839t1hd389.jpg

mknight
12th July 2019, 11:30
Now on SD Hyundai was running new aero/parts on Mikkelsen's car and old aero on Breen's.

Might be just because they didn't have enough new parts yet, or deliberate to compare the differences.

This will likely introduce some issues for Breen though and he also tested the car with new aero last week.

- if he starts with new parts in Finland his setup/feeling with the car from here will not be that much help
- if he start with old aero in Finland his car might be slower than his teammates

Fast Eddie WRC
12th July 2019, 11:47
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_RV6nGUEAACr6j.jpg:large

Fast Eddie WRC
12th July 2019, 11:49
Big Evans jump
https://twitter.com/Nmls79/status/1149600876517945350

Breen
https://twitter.com/PeepPahv/status/1149587825907474432

Tanak jump slo-mo
https://twitter.com/PeepPahv/status/1149597045759463425

M.Martin too
https://twitter.com/RannoPoklonski/status/1149606433287102464

Mikkelsen jump
https://twitter.com/Nmls79/status/1149583429140275200

Nikolay Gryazin‏
It's a shakedown time! On the second run, we hit the anti-cut concrete block and damaged the control arm.

Fast Eddie WRC
12th July 2019, 11:59
@Karlip1
Technical issues reported for Tänak in Shakedown. Car was "sluggish" and smell of burning oil followed....

More
Suninen in trouble at Shakedown: the Finn is stopped 3.34km into the stage.

Tauri_J
12th July 2019, 12:09
Oh man, Toyota breaking down again.

EstWRC
12th July 2019, 12:31
Clip of Tänak with problems followed by suninen https://twitter.com/natalireinn/status/1149642253293375489?s=21

Unbelievable this Toyota !

Allez Andruet
12th July 2019, 13:12
Malcolm, send him the contract! NOW!

Fast Eddie WRC
12th July 2019, 13:30
Not just Toyota ;)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_RcMXuU8AEVhMl?format=jpg&name=900x900

svstock
12th July 2019, 14:04
VOTE! Who will Rally Estonia 2019 (overall)
https://www.strawpoll.me/18309054

dimviii
12th July 2019, 14:31
Suninen
https://twitter.com/reiu_andre/status/1149660144264859648

Fast Eddie WRC
12th July 2019, 15:24
Evans win the QS
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_R2zTIUwAAgUpX.jpg:large

Fast Eddie WRC
12th July 2019, 15:26
Live tracking here: http://gps.autorally.lv/est/

mknight
12th July 2019, 15:43
VOTE! Who will Rally Estonia 2019 (overall)
https://www.strawpoll.me/18309054
Pointless poll tbh. Only Tanak is actually there mostly for the win and I have little doubt he will win easily.

Other 4 for testing/setup work, some even have new parts they didn't even use in testing. Breen also for getting to know the car.

Only Tanak and Breen drove this rally last year.

Lead
12th July 2019, 15:50
Whats the point of the QS stage? Starting position?

dimviii
12th July 2019, 15:57
https://twitter.com/OliverSolberg01/status/1149702012222812163

Fast Eddie WRC
12th July 2019, 16:12
SD highlights
https://youtu.be/ihCuq3i0nlg

EstWRC
12th July 2019, 16:21
Whats the point of the QS stage? Starting position?

Yes, like in erc they will later choose their starting positions

svstock
12th July 2019, 17:00
Rally radio live online (Estonian, Latvian and English) http://player.kuku.postimees.ee/ralliraadio
or Tartu 104,2 ja Otepää 91,8 MHz

dimviii
12th July 2019, 17:08
Katsuta mentioning a problem at his twitter account

Shakedown finished!
There is a little problem and I rounded it up on the way, but tomorrow seems to be no problem. Throughout the weekend, I'll concentrate on finding a good set of the new Fiesta! ��

https://twitter.com/TakamotoKatsuta/status/1149716727770603520

dimviii
12th July 2019, 17:30
Passats de canto video

https://youtu.be/bk-PfPNd57Q

Allez Andruet
12th July 2019, 17:37
Passats de canto video

https://youtu.be/bk-PfPNd57Q

Holy s*** that's awesome! Hats off for our Estonian friends for arranging a rally like this.

rallyfiend
12th July 2019, 17:41
Holy s*** that's awesome! Hats off for our Estonian friends for arranging a rally like this.

Is Andreas paying for his drive to be there?

He has a white car versus Breen in full livery.....

Allez Andruet
12th July 2019, 17:51
Is Andreas paying for his drive to be there?

He has a white car versus Breen in full livery.....

For sure he ain't paying. Just a guess: the car Mikkelsen's driving is the same Hyundai used for Finland PET. Thus the non-livery. And Breen's probably driving the car he'll use in Finland.

rallyfiend
12th July 2019, 17:57
For sure he ain't paying. Just a guess: the car Mikkelsen's driving is the same Hyundai used for Finland PET. Thus the non-livery. And Breen's probably driving the car he'll use in Finland.

So why does one need to be white and one in livery?

FIN is not for weeks....

Allez Andruet
12th July 2019, 18:02

If Mikkelsen's car is coming straight from the PET? By default the factory-entered i30 WRC would be in full livery ofcourse.

EstWRC
12th July 2019, 18:35

Just driving through the stages to look the places for tomorrow and Sunday. Awesome roads! One of the best for sure together with Finland.

mknight
12th July 2019, 18:44

FIN is not for weeks....

It doesn't "need" to be white. But it's the same car as used by all 3 drives in the test last weekend with multiple new front aero parts (which Breen's car doesn't have).

Could be as simple as them not having the plastic wraps (design) for them ready yet. He is certainly not paying anything.

Tarmop
12th July 2019, 18:59
Like Breen hinted on All live: he has the old spec car, Mikkelsen new spec= test car.

mknight
12th July 2019, 19:23
Btw. Paddon was also driving white i20 here last year.

EstWRC
12th July 2019, 19:51
Another video https://youtu.be/b8buipHno_4

Btw Tänak had puncture on qualification stage

AnttiL
12th July 2019, 19:59
Btw. Paddon was also driving white i20 here last year.

Neuville also drove white i20 in Autoglym 2017. Huttunen drove both white and Hyundai liveried i20's in Finland this year.

Barreis
12th July 2019, 21:21
Mikkelsen has Shell sponsorship sticker on the car

EstWRC
12th July 2019, 22:00
Another good clip of Friday action https://youtu.be/DHQHlzx6UKg

Tarmop
12th July 2019, 22:00
Also Hyundai motorsport and its social media at the back. It is a test car and they just didn't bother...won't be slower.

racerx1979
12th July 2019, 23:04
I think they should have let Ari Vatanen interview the drivers instead of Becs. Would have been a lot more interesting....

KKS
13th July 2019, 01:01
Mikkelsen drove a test car, but Breen use really old chassis which not compete since 2017. I really hope that Breen get new car for Finland. And this #4 chassis just for getting in used to the car, and if things go wrong - it's not big deal to scrape that chassis

EstWRC
13th July 2019, 05:33
Good morning guys. Heading to ss1, gonna be a great rally day.

mknight
13th July 2019, 06:06
Mikkelsen drove a test car, but Breen use really old chassis which not compete since 2017. I really hope that Breen get new car for Finland. And this #4 chassis just for getting in used to the car, and if things go wrong - it's not big deal to scrape that chassis

As I wrote this is bad for Breen in either case.
If he drives old spec car in Finland he will probably be a bit slower (though with "upgrades" you never know, Ogier's Finland last year is perfect example).
If he drives new spec it will be a different car than the one he got used to here.

masa90
13th July 2019, 06:07
Man I wish I could been there. Have a good rally everyone!

mknight
13th July 2019, 07:01
First stage and Breen already talks about understeer....

dimviii
13th July 2019, 07:08
Tanak blitzed them,even with cleaning the road.

mknight
13th July 2019, 07:39
Well if that SS1 time is correct for Solberg it's really something.

EstWRC
13th July 2019, 07:39
Solberg crazy fast and was full flat at our place !!!

FAlonso
13th July 2019, 07:42
Unbelievable time from Solberg. Proving Latvia wasn’t a fluke.

dimviii
13th July 2019, 07:42
amazing time from Solberg! just about 1,1-1,2 sec /km from Tanak!

MartijnS
13th July 2019, 07:43
Gryazin

https://www.facebook.com/553116428053971/posts/2573532616012332?s=100001002083871&v=e&sfns=mo

mknight
13th July 2019, 07:43
Gryazin

https://www.facebook.com/553116428053971/posts/2573532616012332?s=100001002083871&v=e&sfns=mo

LOL, totally correct speed on that jump+corner... not to talk about the direction.

dimviii
13th July 2019, 07:44
Well if that SS1 time is correct for Solberg it's really something.

lets see if Suninen can react at next stages

dimviii
13th July 2019, 08:00
Martin much better at ss 2

edit not better,same difference with leader.

dimviii
13th July 2019, 08:04
Suninen again slow at ss 2

EstWRC
13th July 2019, 08:13
Gryazin with a great time. Shame about the puncture. Suninen slow

Got Mail
13th July 2019, 08:14
Nikolay back on the pace on SS2 - goes 1.6 quicker than Oliver.

mknight
13th July 2019, 08:14
Gryazin with a great time. Shame about the puncture. Suninen slow

"Puncture" was a massive off, which could have easily ended with 10 rolls and retirement. Lucky as hell if you ask me.

dimviii
13th July 2019, 08:16
Suninen slow,Katsuta retired with cooling issues.
Malcolm doesnt like that.

dimviii
13th July 2019, 08:20
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_Vq28tWwAEPJ6Y.jpg

Co-FIN
13th July 2019, 08:29
What tyre is Solberg and Gryazin using? I think Suninen with Michelin WRC tyre.

If Solberg is with national Pirellis he will be hard to beat in estonia. Everybody drives with Pirelli there since its quite a lot faster tyre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mknight
13th July 2019, 08:30

If Solberg is with national Pirellis he will be hard to beat in estonia. Everybody drives with Pirelli there since its quite a lot faster tyre.

In the picture just above your post he has Pirelli stickers.

EstWRC
13th July 2019, 08:36
Gryazin https://www.facebook.com/groups/rallyfanatikai/permalink/1797102433766486?sfns=mo

RS
13th July 2019, 08:47
Malcolm doesnt like that.

Did Suninen have a pre-event test to get used to the car?

Jeppe
13th July 2019, 08:51
Did Suninen have a pre-event test to get used to the car?

Yes he did. And he is a Pro so getting used is not a problem. I think it´s a brand new car and man should not expect too much...

Got Mail
13th July 2019, 08:54

Nikolay on Michelin.

Tarmop
13th July 2019, 08:58
Yes he did. And he is a Pro so getting used is not a problem. I think it´s a brand new car and man should not expect too much...

At these times, when you aren`t competitive from the first outing, you are nothing, especially with a PRO behind the wheel. Look at VW`s first outing, they have several big issues, yes, but they have been winning.

That said, it`s still early stages, lets see tomorrow.

Kalm
13th July 2019, 08:59
Malcolm doesnt like that.Katsuta had a bad landing ....1799

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Fast Eddie WRC
13th July 2019, 09:02
Not a good start for the M-Sport cars... Markko Martin is the top Ford ! ;)

Fast Eddie WRC
13th July 2019, 09:04
Oliver Solberg

The jumps here at @RallyEstonia are the biggest I've ever done!! Crazy, sometimes feel like you're never going to land !!

https://twitter.com/OliverSolberg01/status/1149956291265204224

RS
13th July 2019, 09:22
Gryazin said he wasn't pushing on SS2 because he doesn't have any spare tyres..

KKS
13th July 2019, 09:26
how about wrc+? it worth to pay for this promo event?

Rallyper
13th July 2019, 09:29
well, it´s a bonus, anyway... No incar, I think...

Rallyper
13th July 2019, 09:29
So Oliver on Pirellis and Gryazin Michelins then?

KKS
13th July 2019, 09:37
well, it´s a bonus, anyway... No incar, I think...
I wake-up only now and don't know pay now for wrc+ or wait till Finland

Kradovech
13th July 2019, 09:43
I would say It is worth a watch if you have an active subscription but I would not renew just for this.
There is no live in car cameras, no live maps/splits and not all stages are broadcast. Only 3 more stages will be broadcast (+ the one live right now)

mknight
13th July 2019, 09:44
Interesting that Breen says the wiper switch is in different place in his I20 than in the other I20 (the one Mikkelsen drives today and Breen drove last week)

Sulland
13th July 2019, 09:45
Katsuta had a bad landing ....1799

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Was it a Nose end first landing? :p

Rallyper
13th July 2019, 09:46
Seems Mikkelsen got something here with car. Looks better handling in rear. No big slides any more. Just my thoughts.

Rallyper
Was it a Nose end first landing? :p

Should be the normal... :)

mknight
I would say It is worth a watch if you have an active subscription but I would not renew just for this.
There is no live in car cameras, no live maps/splits and not all stages are broadcast. Only 3 more stages will be broadcast (+ the one live right now)

Live maps are here btw:
http://gps.autorally.lv/est/

KKS
13th July 2019, 09:49
Splits http://autorally.lv/?l=4&m=4&ft=9

KKS
13th July 2019, 09:55
tnx. If it will be full stages live - no doubt I will pay...

RS
13th July 2019, 09:55
Good job by Sirmacis on SS1 and 2.

dimviii
13th July 2019, 10:05
Suninen again slow at ss 3.

dimviii
13th July 2019, 10:09
Solberg didnt started stage? no splits for him so far.

edit ok there is his time,and again faster.

KKS
13th July 2019, 10:09
again killing time from Oliver

KKS
13th July 2019, 10:10
Solberg didnt started stage? no splits for him so far.

edit ok there is his time,and again faster.
gps lost signal. "9m" near Solberg dot on a map it's time since last reported position

Got Mail
13th July 2019, 10:17
So Oliver on Pirellis and Gryazin Michelins then?

Yes, that's correct.

KKS
13th July 2019, 10:25
first (and last?) stage win for non-Tanak )) Andreas fastest

mknight
13th July 2019, 10:27
Apart from the obvious testing unknowns I think we see a repeat of what has been normal on most gravel rallies this year.

In first pass with smooth road Toyota's are much faster, followed by Fiestas, then on second pass with more rutted road (and more mechanical grip) it's much closer. Lappi even mentioned this already.

Tarmop
13th July 2019, 10:31
Well...the again, SS3 showed otherwise.

mknight
13th July 2019, 10:32
Well...the again, SS3 showed otherwise.

Otherwise to what? Compared to first pass everyone was much closer to Tanak, just as I wrote. And it was there that Lappi made the mentioned comment.

Fast Eddie WRC
13th July 2019, 10:40
Gryazin jump & off causing puncture
https://twitter.com/nikolay_gryazin/status/1149971924631601152

satukata
13th July 2019, 11:00
Is solbergs tyres (national pirelli) much faster than suninens (wrc Michelin) ?

dimviii
13th July 2019, 12:05
ss 5 Mikkelsen Andreas - Jæger Anders
"Tänak's time.. impossible."

dimviii
13th July 2019, 12:16
Groos stopped after a hard landing

KKS
13th July 2019, 12:21
And Gorban now on solid 2nd place at Latvia and Estonia championship. Since Oliver - untouchable it could be already driving to finish

EstWRC
13th July 2019, 12:22
Puncture for Breen

EstWRC
13th July 2019, 13:06
Wow. I have never seen a car going so fast in my life where I am.

Unbelievable, very very fast right hander. Tänak and Breen were awesome. Mikkelsen not so much

EstWRC
13th July 2019, 13:14
flagBreen Craig - Nagle Paul

"Very fast stage - you could turn the car on at the start, push the throttle down and then just turn it off at the finish."

Fast Eddie WRC
13th July 2019, 13:18
Evans been 2nd on 4/6 stages.

RS
13th July 2019, 13:22
Super time by Gryazin on SS5.

Fast Eddie WRC
13th July 2019, 13:26
Pity they missed showing several cars on the SS5 massive jump.

EstWRC
13th July 2019, 13:30
Nice time by markko on ss6

RS
13th July 2019, 13:51
Bit better from Pietarinen now, Suninen still slow.

EstWRC
13th July 2019, 13:57
Very disappointed with suninen so far. Also with volver the last two stages, was quite good until then considering it’s his first 4wd event

RS
13th July 2019, 14:08
I've not been that impressed with Suninen in WRC class either tbh, but when he takes a step back you'd expect him to be on the top.

Maybe the car is a long way from sorted yet.

EstWRC
13th July 2019, 14:12
Tänak got 10 sec penalty being 1 minutes late

KKS
13th July 2019, 14:25
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_XCVwCWsAAEO6O.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
13th July 2019, 14:29
I cant believe this is Suninen's or the car's true pace. I'll wait to hear from the team for their explanation.

KKS
13th July 2019, 14:53
Katsuta one stage time was not impressed too

Fast Eddie WRC
13th July 2019, 14:55
Gorrrrrban !! Great jump in the Mini. :D