PDA

View Full Version : TVU Vs Sopcast

gary_580
9th May 2007, 00:08
Been talking to Ludovic who uploads the NASCAR to Sopcast who has accomodated our needs by ensuring that NASCAR is not chopped for another programme and also showed the rain delayed Richmond race (unlike TVU)

A number of you have complained that the picture quality is poorer on Sopcast to TVU. (recently Fox on TVU has been so poor its not worth the effort)

If you go to the Nascar portal on embeded tv http://www.embedded-tv.com/NASCAR/ and use the webplayer rather than the stand alone sopcast software you will get much improved picture and sound quality due to the increased bit rate and the superior capture card that Ludovic uses for the webplayer.

brewerkd
9th May 2007, 10:28
i watched the richmond race via the webpage and it was certainly watchable. i don't Think good enough to tranfer to full screen on a tv but never the less certainly an improvement on TVU. Watching a pc is fine and hey beggars can't be choosers !!

GARYGAZZA
9th May 2007, 23:19
Been talking to Ludovic who uploads the NASCAR to Sopcast who has accomodated our needs by ensuring that NASCAR is not chopped for another programme and also showed the rain delayed Richmond race (unlike TVU)

A number of you have complained that the picture quality is poorer on Sopcast to TVU. (recently Fox on TVU has been so poor its not worth the effort)

If you go to the Nascar portal on embeded tv http://www.embedded-tv.com/NASCAR/ and use the webplayer rather than the stand alone sopcast software you will get much improved picture and sound quality due to the increased bit rate and the superior capture card that Ludovic uses for the webplayer.
Hi Gary thanks for the info on Sopcast.Do you run the player on the Nascar portal page?and which kbps rate do you find is best to use?I also agree that although sopcast picture is not all that ,you do not suffer with picture and sound breakup like the Tvu player.

colinspooky
10th May 2007, 02:01
Hi
Thanks for that --- just tried it and it says I need to install sopcast - well, I have.
Am I missing something?

colinspooky
10th May 2007, 15:29
plus now wheels AND fox have vanished and the only other channel I watch, the one with Family Guy, won't show the programme despite full signal. Weird