PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] Tour de Corse 2019

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

AnttiL
12th January 2019, 14:21
https://www.rally-maps.com/Tour-de-Corse-2019

The route is out, quite much new again compared to last year, only two stages have remained. Friday driven in the South end of the island, Saturday at North-West near Bastia and Sunday at Nort-East near Calvi (for the first time since 2013). And stage count is now up to 14!

EstWRC
6th March 2019, 13:07
entrylist http://www.tourdecorse.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Liste-Officielle-des-Engagés-Approuvée-par-la-FIA-2019-03-02-CORSICA-linea-Tour-de-Corse-2019.pdf

only 2 guys in WRC2PRO, Rovanpera and Pieniazek but otherwise amazing WRC2 list with Camilli, Kajetanowic, Veiby, Katsuta, Loubet

and of course JWRC too.

RS
6th March 2019, 13:38
entrylist http://www.tourdecorse.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Liste-Officielle-des-Engagés-Approuvée-par-la-FIA-2019-03-02-CORSICA-linea-Tour-de-Corse-2019.pdf

only 2 guys in WRC2PRO, Rovanpera and Pieniazek but otherwise amazing WRC2 list with Camilli, Kajetanowic, Veiby, Katsuta, Loubet

Bonato, maybe Gryazin and especially Ciamin I would find more interesting for Corsica than Veiby or Katsuta.

WRC2 Pro very weak though.. no Kopecky, Greensmith, Ostberg. I thought European rounds would be better at least.

tommeke_B
6th March 2019, 13:47
This WRC2Pro turned out to be a real joke...

Co-driven
6th March 2019, 14:35
Andolfi was strong last year there.
Now back to Hyundai, I don't know if he will be able to be as fast.

Jarek Z
6th March 2019, 15:00
Kajetanowicz is testing his new car with BRR in Austria. Tour de Corse will be his debut.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlIxA9fhKfE

pantealex
6th March 2019, 20:18

only 2 guys in WRC2PRO, Rovanpera and Pieniazek but otherwise amazing WRC2 list

FIA Rule says that WRC2 numbers start from 41-
MC and Corsica have their own rules, Sweden and Mexico have used FIA rule.
Stupid that "french" can do what they want!

[WRCRR]
7th March 2019, 08:46

Yes it is weird that these things seem to happen every year, and it is either Monte or Corsica (or both).

Talking about numbers, I still dislike the permanent numbers for WRC crews - this idea works fine with F1 or other series that have a very limited number of participants, but not at all with WRC. It is made even weirder with the numbering rules for WRC2 and JWRC, where the numbers start from 21 and 41 (or 71 for some french reason) but if some permanent WRC crew (like Evans) has a number in the middle of these brackets, this number is skipped over.

Also are the permanent WRC numbers always "frozen", even if the crew is not taking part in a certain rally? I noticed that for Corsica Bertelli's permanent number 37 is used by Solans in WRC2, but Mikkelsen's number 89 is not used, it is skipped over - typical FIA "logic". Also, what constitutes a permanent number - a single entry in WRC in one rally and you can lock that number down? For how long? Idiotic system.

I truly hope that most of the drivers in WRC will continue to choose small (2-20) numbers in general, so that entry lists don't become totally unreadable. Or that the whole system is ditched in couple of seasons time.

dimviii
8th March 2019, 11:06
Loubet livery for Corsica

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1Ig4xbX4AAdQf1.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1Ig4xLXQAAuv0g.jpg

dodge33cymru
8th March 2019, 11:15

Or alternatively, 'stupid' that they can't all do what they want.

AnttiL
11th March 2019, 08:24
My route preview

https://itgetsfasternow.com/2019/03/11/route-preview-tour-de-corse-2019/

- Most of the stages are new, only two have remained from last year
- A couple of stages are familiar from 2014-2015
- New power stage at Calvi is familiar from IRC and seems very fast
- Long Castagniccia stage seems quite tricky and narrow
- Start, service and finish are in three different cities

Kaps
11th March 2019, 15:27
So, Antti, please forgive me for a slight OT, but, as I can see, you are very much dedicated to the special stages. Can you please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems so far we got this for 2019 season:
Monte Carlo, start: Gap, finish: Monte Carlo
Sweden, start: Karlstad, finish: Torsby
Mexico, start: Guanajuato, finish: Guanajuato
Corse, start: Porto Vecchio, finish: Calvi

Is this correct?

AnttiL
11th March 2019, 17:07
So, Antti, please forgive me for a slight OT, but, as I can see, you are very much dedicated to the special stages. Can you please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems so far we got this for 2019 season:
Monte Carlo, start: Gap, finish: Monte Carlo
Sweden, start: Karlstad, finish: Torsby
Mexico, start: Guanajuato, finish: Guanajuato
Corse, start: Porto Vecchio, finish: Calvi

Is this correct?

Correct. I think these are the only rallies where the start or finish is in a different location to the service park. In Corsica both, with service park in Bastia. In the previous years Monte Carlo also started from Monaco, and in 2017 Sardegna had a night break in Olbia. Germany 2017 also started from another city.

Kaps
11th March 2019, 17:17
Yeah, you're right.
Thanks for the confirmation!

dimviii
17th March 2019, 16:12
Gryazin testing for Corse (3 days!)
https://youtu.be/XdV5odNOcI0

br21
17th March 2019, 16:43
Interesting that on Michelin, in the past he was on Pirelli.
Those are Sanremo stages?

dimviii
17th March 2019, 18:04
according to youtube comments test was at Erli 70km southwest of Genova

AMSS
18th March 2019, 06:19
Interesting that on Michelin, in the past he was on Pirelli.
Those are Sanremo stages?

I think he last year as well did all tramac events on Michelin and the others on Pirelli

dimviii
18th March 2019, 17:13
Gryazin onboard from Italy tests.Do you like the camera?
https://youtu.be/ECcEjc6mLEw

N.O.T
18th March 2019, 17:57

no, the WRC one that points to the left and the dashboard takes 60% of the screen is better...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK-v7QppalU

spiderem
18th March 2019, 19:27
Likely mikkelsen will be the "expert commentator" on RedBull TV for the week end. He may see the light and change career :)

stefanvv
19th March 2019, 00:04

It's terrible. It doesn't show any action. The promoter shouldn't consider it unless if it wants to attract new fan base.

rallyfiend
19th March 2019, 09:31
It's terrible. It doesn't show any action. The promoter shouldn't consider it unless if it wants to attract new fan base.

If the camera is mounted on his helmet, it would not be allowed anyway. You could only ever do this in testing.

It would breach the homologation of the helmet...

N.O.T
19th March 2019, 11:33
what ? how a removable external part can breach homologation ? do onboard cameras breach homologation of the cars ?

rallyfiend
19th March 2019, 11:47
what ? how a removable external part can breach homologation ? do onboard cameras breach homologation of the cars ?

Being installed on a helmet, if the helmet is not homologated to have that installed.

Hell, even a paint job with the wrong paint or wrong technique can void the homologation of the helmet....

denkimi
19th March 2019, 12:59
If the camera is mounted on his helmet, it would not be allowed anyway. You could only ever do this in testing.

It would breach the homologation of the helmet...
What if it is glued? That makes no changes to the actual helmet.

N.O.T
19th March 2019, 13:00
what homologation a helmet needs to put a 3M sticker on ? are roll cages and dash boards homologated to install on board cameras ?

TypeR
19th March 2019, 13:43
having a camera on the helmet may increase the risk of injuries, because they are not tested like that. There shouldn't be any extra unnecessary stuff on your helmet. If you remember, when Schumacher fell while skiing, there were stories that his helmet camera made it worse.

stickers can't be compared to cameras or other accessories

Rally Power
19th March 2019, 22:48
Best helmet camera I can remember (with a proper flat 6 soundtrack!)

https://youtu.be/1Za0gkw3tSI?t=77

dimviii
20th March 2019, 15:16
Gryazin testing for Corse (3 days!)
https://youtu.be/XdV5odNOcI0

Opens&Tightens
‏ @OpensTightens
5h5 hours ago

#WRC #TdC #WRC2 PET feat. @SRT_lv's @PorkyInside

Team taking it very seriously bringing 2cars to their extensive (at least 7days splitted into 2sessions) PET, in Corsica/Sardinia & mainland Italy

Video -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdV5odNOcI0&feature=youtu.be … by #MatteoRaggi

Norm75
20th March 2019, 15:19
what homologation a helmet needs to put a 3M sticker on ? are roll cages and dash boards homologated to install on board cameras ?

Rallyfiend said paint. Not stickers.

Solvents in certain paints may react with the shell of the helmet, softening it. Hence why it may breach homologation.

br21
20th March 2019, 15:26
you can't attach camera to the helmet, you can't glue to helmet any camera holder (by normal glue, 3M tape, etc.) it's simply like that, G-forces play here big role also I believe

Mirek
20th March 2019, 16:11
The peak G-force during a crash can reach well over 100G (per time period of milliseconds or even less). GoPro weights around 0,1 kg which means at the peak acceleration the force reaches over 100N (>10 kg). This is an additional force to what your spine and muscles (with the help of HANS) have to keep in place. It's clear that ideally the weight of anything attached to your head including helmet shall be the lowest possible.

Than there is a risk that the camera gets released in an accident or due to long-term vibrations and shocks in harsh environment in terms of temperature, humidity or dust and flies like a projectile in the car.

And last but not least the camera alone can penetrate the helmet if the helmet with the camera mounted on it hits the rollcage/roof or whatever.

I would personally never wear it.

N.O.T
20th March 2019, 20:53
how plastic can penetrate kevlar is something that puzzles the scientists to this day...

Can't the dashboard/rollcage mounted cameras act as projectiles ?

Mirek
20th March 2019, 23:09
how plastic can penetrate kevlar is something that puzzles the scientists to this day...

Ask yourself whether the screws, lens, acumulator or PCB will easier brake through the rollcage tube or the helmet in the moment when they find themselves in between.

Can't the dashboard/rollcage mounted cameras act as projectiles ?

Sure. That's why they are being checked by scrutineers whether they conform with safety requirements.

N.O.T
20th March 2019, 23:21
Ask yourself whether the screws, lens, acumulator or PCB will easier brake through the rollcage tube or the helmet in the moment when they find themselves in between.

Sure. That's why they are being checked by scrutineers whether they conform with safety requirements.

Its a camera not a cluster grenade... once the things you mention hit the first object which most likely will be the windscreen or another part of the car the lost energy will be more than enough to render them incapable of doing any damage, and at the end of the day its 2019 i am sure it will take less than a month for engineers to develop a casing for a camera that will be safe, at the end of the day have a small elastic cord attached to a solid part of the car so in case of impact the movement of the camera is limited...

and have the scrutineers inspect these cameras as well...

its beyond stupid to discuss weather or not a camera weighing less than 200gr to be a hazard in a motorsport that involves driving at 200kph among trees...

I am sure if those useless blobs of fat over at the promotion of the WRC had the energy and the will to move the sport further they could figure something out instead of the joke angles we get today.

Mirek
21st March 2019, 08:16
Its a camera not a cluster grenade... once the things you mention hit the first object which most likely will be the windscreen or another part of the car the lost energy will be more than enough to render them incapable of doing any damage, and at the end of the day its 2019 i am sure it will take less than a month for engineers to develop a casing for a camera that will be safe, at the end of the day have a small elastic cord attached to a solid part of the car so in case of impact the movement of the camera is limited...

and have the scrutineers inspect these cameras as well...

its beyond stupid to discuss weather or not a camera weighing less than 200gr to be a hazard in a motorsport that involves driving at 200kph among trees...

I am sure if those useless blobs of fat over at the promotion of the WRC had the energy and the will to move the sport further they could figure something out instead of the joke angles we get today.

Braking a helmet by hitting a rollcage is not that unusual (for example here: https://www.ewrc.cz/images/2009/sumava/stajf-crash-4.jpg ). If a camera is present on the helmet in such accident it's likely that some of it's parts penetrate into the helmet and you don't want to have metal joint or screws being pushed in your helmet by the rollcage. Moreover hitting a rollcage with the camera is far more probable than without simply because the camera takes some of the space between the helmet and the rollcage.

Massa's helmet was penetrated by 700 grams heavy spring being hit @ 250 km/h which ricocheted, i.e. only part of the energy was spent on the actual penetration. In case of a helmet hitting the rollcage what is moving is the whole head with the helmet and the camera together, i.e. the moving mass has roughly 6,5 kg which means that it doesn't need so high speed for similar effect (6,5 kg heavy head @ 82 km/h has the same energy as 700 grams heavy thing @ 250 km/h). The speed in which the helmet can hit the rollcage is hard to estimate but it can get close to the vehicle speed at the moment of the crash, i.e. it is not a magnitude lower than in Massa's case.

For your information a 200 grams heavy thing @ 200 km/h has a 3/4 energy of a 9 mm bullet and 1/2 more than a 0.32 ACP bullet (Škorpion submachine gun for example). That is not negligible at all like you imply.

Anyway any added weight on the head makes the risk of injury or even death higher. That's a fact hence why it's a bad idea to have a camera on the helmet no matter how well it is fixed. If there is a need for camera on the helmet than it shall be as light as possible, as small as possible and fixed on a helmet which is actually tested together with the camera.

Rallyper
21st March 2019, 09:04
It´s probably not the helmet hitting the rollcage. It´s the rollcage hitting the helmet. A camera made of mostly plastics seems not to be the problem when the rollcage coming with loads of G after a heavy impact.

Cameras or not - this is thread of Tour de Corse, not technical thread.

So who will win? Pickems starting in a few hours... :) :)

Mirek
21st March 2019, 09:11
It´s probably not the helmet hitting the rollcage. It´s the rollcage hitting the helmet. A camera made of mostly plastics seems not to be the problem when the rollcage coming with loads of G after a heavy impact.

Cameras or not - this is thread of Tour de Corse, not technical thread.

Sorry for off topic but You are wrong. It's the head of the occupant which keeps moving after the bodyshell/rollcage already hits the obstacle (tree, wall or whatever). This is the very basic foundation of passive safety topic. And the camera of course is a problem.

Vague talk like "loads of G" is completely useless. What do You know about them? Is 10 G peak dangerous if You fall down on the ground on Your head? Tell me.

N.O.T
21st March 2019, 09:30
Braking a helmet by hitting a rollcage is not that unusual (for example here: https://www.ewrc.cz/images/2009/sumava/stajf-crash-4.jpg ). If a camera is present on the helmet in such accident it's likely that some of it's parts penetrate into the helmet and you don't want to have metal joint or screws being pushed in your helmet by the rollcage. Moreover hitting a rollcage with the camera is far more probable than without simply because the camera takes some of the space between the helmet and the rollcage.

Massa's helmet was penetrated by 700 grams heavy spring being hit @ 250 km/h which ricocheted, i.e. only part of the energy was spent on the actual penetration. In case of a helmet hitting the rollcage what is moving is the whole head with the helmet and the camera together, i.e. the moving mass has roughly 6,5 kg which means that it doesn't need so high speed for similar effect (6,5 kg heavy head @ 82 km/h has the same energy as 700 grams heavy thing @ 250 km/h). The speed in which the helmet can hit the rollcage is hard to estimate but it can get close to the vehicle speed at the moment of the crash, i.e. it is not a magnitude lower than in Massa's case.

For your information a 200 grams heavy thing @ 200 km/h has a 3/4 energy of a 9 mm bullet and 1/2 more than a 0.32 ACP bullet (Škorpion submachine gun for example). That is not negligible at all like you imply.

Anyway any added weight on the head makes the risk of injury or even death higher. That's a fact hence why it's a bad idea to have a camera on the helmet no matter how well it is fixed. If there is a need for camera on the helmet than it shall be as light as possible, as small as possible and fixed on a helmet which is actually tested together with the camera.

if you crash a rally car at 200km/hr on a solid object you are going to die no matter if the camera is present in the car or not... how many corners at 200 km/hr does the whole wrc have ?

a go pro hero 7 weighs IN TOTAL 116 grams... can you name a METAL component in that camera that can penetrate a helmet ? most screws in there are 1mm maximum... how can a screw weighing 0.1grams and 1mm wide penetrate a helmet ? most of the weight is the plastic casing and the copper in the circuits...

comparing the energy of bullets what fly at a straight line with the forces developed in a car crash and are in multiple directions almost at the same time is beyond stupid...

i wonder why people put cameras on their helmets during testing videos...

Mirek
21st March 2019, 09:48
if you crash a rally car at 200km/hr on a solid object you are going to die no matter if the camera is present in the car or not...

Which is pretty stupid argument. The aim of safety features is to lower the risk. Under this logic you don't need any safety features at all if you die anyway. Safety features lower the risk step by step. Adding additional risk factor is simply negating the effort spent on the safety.

a go pro hero 7 weighs IN TOTAL 116 grams... can you name a METAL component in that camera that can penetrate a helmet ?

Fixation joint for sure, accumulator, lens likely. It's not the camera alone what brakes the helmet, it's the impact of the head+helmet+camera into something but since the camera may happen to be placed in between the solid obstacle (rollcage) and the helmet it means that the parts of the camera will be pushed into the helmet. And it's absolutely clear that having nothing there is far better situation than having anything what can get inside there.

comparing the energy of bullets what fly at a straight line with the forces developed in a car crash and are in multiple directions almost at the same time is beyond stupid...

Pretty ignorant statement. The initial and the heaviest impact does not develop forces in all sorts of directions. It's pretty straight. The head keeps moving in the same vector as the vehicle prior the crash. Since the bodyshell is the the first one to be hit by the obstacle, the body/head albeit partially restricted keeps moving in the same original vector until it is stopped by secondary impact into the vehicle body or by seat belts/seat/HANS.

This "almost at the same time" statement shows that You have no understanding of the crash mechanics. There is nothing like almost same time.

N.O.T
21st March 2019, 10:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjQmPx-Oe6U

most of metal components are inside the camera and they do not posses the mass to penetrate a helmet and you can redesign most of them from softer materials as well... they need to break out of the plastic casing and still carry energy to penetrate a helmet... it is simply impossible.

do you see an accumulator capable of doing any damage in there ?

by almost the same time i mean that on ms 1 you have a force pushing forward then at the 2nd ms a force pushing up ects... its a crash.

why put the camera between the roll cage and the helmet ???? you want to camera to point the road not the back of the helmet...

what is so different having a camera on the dashboard with having a camera on the side of a helmet...

hey look mirek !!!!!! a helmet camera used in a motorsport with cars going 300km/hr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TWLYe6WGpg

go ahead inform them how dangerous they are... before someone gets hurt....

fixation joints can be made of plastic

Rallyper
21st March 2019, 10:37
Vague talk like "loads of G" is completely useless. What do You know about them? Is 10 G peak dangerous if You fall down on the ground on Your head? Tell me.

You don´t know what I know.
The way you argue is kind of mastering that I don´t like. Please be more humble.

Co-FIN
21st March 2019, 11:06

N.O.T
21st March 2019, 11:08
Sometimes the level of stupidy (NOThing) in this forum goes beyond my understanding.

Wonder why they dont glue GoPros to helmets in F1.. .

If helmet manufacturer makes FIA approved helmet with camera mounting it will be fine. Otherwise it’s only in testing. For sure it looks nicer, no argue on that.

The way onboard cameras are mounted to rollcages is 1000x more safer than with sticker in helmet.

i guess nascar does not care about safety....

F1 is open cockpit

Mirek
21st March 2019, 11:40
You don´t know what I know.
The way you argue is kind of mastering that I don´t like. Please be more humble.

I am sorry for being harsh but for me it's simply irritating when someone completely ignores technical arguments and replaces them with vague phrases with no factual meaning. I am a technical person who by accident designs car interior cameras (for safety and comfort features not video ones) and who in the past passed an exam from the vehicle passive safety on the university so I guess I shall know a thing or two about the topic.

N.O.T
21st March 2019, 11:49
I am sorry for being harsh but for me it's simply irritating when someone completely ignores technical arguments and replaces them with vague phrases with no factual meaning. I am a technical person who by accident designs car interior cameras (for safety and comfort features not video ones) and who in the past passed an exam from the vehicle passive safety on the university so I guess I shall know a thing or two about the topic.

go get them kid... show them your university test from 20 years ago if they doubt you....

LOL...

the crash was more than 200 km/hr and the camera did not even move... i had the impression cameras turn into 5.56 NATO rounds on impact !!!!! LOL

LOL...

do you think those that designed it have a university degree ?

N.O.T
21st March 2019, 12:14
the setting they use is this...

https://i.imgur.com/X5PIlPT.jpg

in a sport were these accidents happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nil-JbQY38

but i guess in rallying were most accidents happen with less than 100km/hr cameras will penetrate helmets and probably will kill a dozen spectators as well...

Rallyper
21st March 2019, 12:32

Accepted. I´ve been young too... long ago. ;)

mknight
21st March 2019, 16:43

There is no doubt Ogier is the biggest favorite, maybe even bigger than in Mexico.
Reasons are very much the same, historically very good rally for both him and the car.

Tanak has to be a favorite as well after finishing 2nd last year and leading the championship now.

Meeke is a joker here, again very much for same reason like in Mexico, historically very good speed here but also 3 retirements out of last 3 rounds (1 co-driver error, 1 technical, 1 own error).

Lappi is a very interesting joker due to his speed last year and driving Citroen now, but so was he in Mexico and the speed wasn't all that good. Also made a mistake that effectively cost him 3rd here last year.

None of the other drivers are straight top 3 favorites for me for multiple reasons. Hyundai is likely to struggle a lot since it doesn't look like they make any big changes on tarmac, but there could be surprises. Without them I'd expect something like 4th place (speedwise) for Neuville with Loeb and Sordo being behind that. For Latvala, this is not really the kind of rally that helps building confidence, so I doubt he will have top pace consistently for whole rally. Evans usually does well here but really doubt it will be top 3 level. Suninen never drove here in WRC and in R5 he wasn't exactly fastest either, needs to keep it on the road now as well.

spiderem
21st March 2019, 17:04
There is no doubt Ogier is the biggest favorite, maybe even bigger than in Mexico.
Reasons are very much the same, historically very good rally for both him and the car.

Tanak has to be a favorite as well after finishing 2nd last year and leading the championship now.

Meeke is a joker here, again very much for same reason like in Mexico, historically very good speed here but also 3 retirements out of last 3 rounds (1 co-driver error, 1 technical, 1 own error).

Lappi is a very interesting joker due to his speed last year and driving Citroen now, but so was he in Mexico and the speed wasn't all that good. Also made a mistake that effectively cost him 3rd here last year.

None of the other drivers are straight top 3 favorites for me for multiple reasons. Hyundai is likely to struggle a lot since it doesn't look like they make any big changes on tarmac, but there could be surprises. Without them I'd expect something like 4th place (speedwise) for Neuville with Loeb and Sordo being behind that. For Latvala, this is not really the kind of rally that helps building confidence, so I doubt he will have top pace consistently for whole rally. Evans usually does well here but really doubt it will be top 3 level. Suninen never drove here in WRC and in R5 he wasn't exactly fastest either, needs to keep it on the road now as well.

Thanks for stopping the GForce-Camera-helmet penis measuring contest.

Kaps
21st March 2019, 19:02
Thanks for stopping the GForce-Camera-helmet penis measuring contest.
+1!

steve.mandzij
21st March 2019, 19:44

None of the other drivers are straight top 3 favorites for me for multiple reasons. Hyundai is likely to struggle a lot since it doesn't look like they make any big changes on tarmac, but there could be surprises. Without them I'd expect something like 4th place (speedwise) for Neuville with Loeb and Sordo being behind that. For Latvala, this is not really the kind of rally that helps building confidence, so I doubt he will have top pace consistently for whole rally. Evans usually does well here but really doubt it will be top 3 level. Suninen never drove here in WRC and in R5 he wasn't exactly fastest either, needs to keep it on the road now as well.For me the favorite is Tanak, especially if rain is on his side, but Ogier is definitely going to be up there. Neuville, so long as he doesn't complain about anything, ought to be quick as well. I don't see anyone outside these three challenging for the win, unless Meeke pulls off a Spain 2017 or Latvala a Corsica 2015.

EstWRC
21st March 2019, 20:17
i mostly agree with you but with few exceptions.

The only and one favourite for me this event is Ogier. He won it in 2016, would have won it in 2017 if the Fiesta didnt break up and won by a mile last year. Ogier + C3 + Corsican roads = WIN.

the dark horses for me are Meeke and Lappi. Meeke has shown amazing speed here previously and was very good in Monte with the Toyota. I woudnt be surprised if he is the fastest Toyota. Lappi showed great speed last year and should be even better this year with the C3.

Tänak - this is his least favourite event of the year and he has openly admitted he doesnt like it much. Struggled massively last year on Friday but then picked the speed up. But he has definitely podium speed and should collect as many points as possible from this event, after this all the events suit him and the Toyota.

IMO Neuville did quite well last year and should be up there as well. Evans likes this event and has done well here previously. and of course we cant forget the one and only Loeb, was one of the fastest last year on Saturday and Sunday.

AnttiL
21st March 2019, 20:21
Yr.no giving rain for the week but not for the weekend

Tauri_J
21st March 2019, 20:48
Even showing lots of snow at higher altidude. Could be crazy conditions if the forecast holds...but I doubt it.

SS1 Bavella http://prntscr.com/n16fzp

This stage is the one with the highest altitude level.

EstWRC
22nd March 2019, 13:44
Press releases

Citroen https://media.citroenracing.com/en/c3-wrc-sets-sail-corsica
Toyota https://toyotagazooracing.com/wrc/report/2019/04/preview.html
Hyundai https://motorsport.hyundai.com/back-on-corse/
M-sport - TBR

dimviii
22nd March 2019, 17:10
#WRC @AMikkelsenRally in AutoHebdo: "It was not easy to hear that I would not Run in Corsica. It Was a terrible thing. But I must accept and respect the team's decision if they believe that with another alignment they will achieve a good result. I Am a good asphalt pilot, I won in Spain "

#WRC @AMikkelsenRally in AutoHebdo: "But my last year's results on asphalt were very bad. My absence may be repeated in Germany and Spain. But we will have to wait for the result of Corsica. If It doesn't work, there will be no reason to make changes "

Allez Andruet
22nd March 2019, 18:15
Well that would be a real throwback, wouldn't it? Tour de Corse with snow here and there. Bring it on.

I'd be massively surprised if the winner isn't Ogier or Tänak. Seb II is obviously capable of dominating on these roads and the C3 surely won't make his bid any weaker. Tänak's done so amazing things with the Yaris that he just can't be written off anywhere, no matter what the conditions are. Hyundai seems to be that tiny but oh so decisive bit behind Citroen and Toyota on tarmac that Neuville has to settle for positions 2-4.

As much as I hate to say this, but I don't count on the Finns on this event at all. Lappi should have everything in place for a strong result, but that's been the case so many times during the past 15 months or so, that I just wouldn't bet my money on him. For JML I don't even wanna make predictions anymore, we all know the story. Everything - literally everything - from glorious triumph to utter disaster is possible. And Suninen... well, it would be nice not to use Rally2 for once. But it sure won't be easy to match Evans on this one.

AnttiL
23rd March 2019, 17:59
Press releases

Citroen https://media.citroenracing.com/en/c3-wrc-sets-sail-corsica
Toyota https://toyotagazooracing.com/wrc/report/2019/04/preview.html
Hyundai https://motorsport.hyundai.com/back-on-corse/
M-sport - TBR

https://www.m-sport.co.uk/single-post/2019/03/23/RETURN-OF-THE-TARMAC

gorganl2000
25th March 2019, 13:34
Tanak being first on the road should be able to benefit a little from the clean road over the others. He needs to make the most of this, but given Toyota's propensity for punctures, he may need to need to make some really good pace notes. Overall, i see it as an opportunity for Tanak

Ogier may have to deal with some slight dust/gravel/dirt on the road running 2nd, but it should not be too bad

with the long 1st day with no full service, i suppose it may not be about flat out pace and some sort of strategy will be needed to manage the car and tires

TypeR
25th March 2019, 13:38
if I remember right, Mäkinen said that from Corsica they will use stronger rims(as they already do in Germany).

EstWRC
25th March 2019, 14:57
Yep, you are right, stronger rims now for all the tarmac rallies. The pollution isnt that much of a problem here in Corsica, they cant cut so much.

Friday will be interesting indeed with no service, good setup from the start will be crucial.

cant wait this time, usually im not not interested in this rally at all.

oh and btw, 2004 Corsica winner Markko Märtin will be Tänak's gravel crew this weekend.

RS
25th March 2019, 16:18
Rovanpera not with works team on Corsica.

Four events so far this year and only one works Skoda Motorsport entry :(

AnttiL
25th March 2019, 16:41
Rovanpera not with works team on Corsica.

Four events so far this year and only one works Skoda Motorsport entry :(

A proper downscaling from last year’s five drivers.

Mirek
25th March 2019, 16:46
I guess they will do nearly all events in the second half of the season once the new car is ready.

AnttiL
25th March 2019, 18:10
with the long 1st day with no full service, i suppose it may not be about flat out pace and some sort of strategy will be needed to manage the car and tires

Tyres they can change, but no service.

The Saturday loop meanwhile is 87 km (typically no more than 80) so that calls for tyre management.

Fast Eddie WRC
25th March 2019, 18:15
No service on Friday yet still a 3.5hr midday break between the loops...

dimviii
25th March 2019, 18:35
Camilli
https://twitter.com/EricCamilli/status/1109926485773701123

EstWRC
25th March 2019, 21:17
thoughts from the TOP3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfJ7wt4rsaY

denkimi
26th March 2019, 07:36
if I remember right, Mäkinen said that from Corsica they will use stronger rims(as they already do in Germany).
Stronger, and thus heavier.
Let see if it will have an impact on their performance.

garais22
26th March 2019, 07:47
A storm hit the Tour de Corse Service Park overnight... PHOTO: http://www.go4speed.lv/lv/mustsee/wrc/1923-foto-specigs-vejs-izposta-korsikas-wrc-rallija-servisa-parku/

AnttiL
26th March 2019, 09:18
A storm hit the Tour de Corse Service Park overnight... PHOTO: http://www.go4speed.lv/lv/mustsee/wrc/1923-foto-specigs-vejs-izposta-korsikas-wrc-rallija-servisa-parku/

The rest of the rally should still be dry and warm 10-15°C according to current forecasts. However, the first stage driven higher seems to have slightly below zero temperatures overnight. https://www.yr.no/place/France/Corsica/Col_de_Bavella/hour_by_hour.html Black ice in some corners?

AnttiL
26th March 2019, 10:01
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2k1DJWWoAUyeyM.jpg

The overnight storm could have made the roads dirtier with soil, stones and tree branches and leaves.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2k9yi7X0AUyQu7.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2k9yi2X0AA7od1.jpg

Probably from SS1, quite snowy still.

Fast Eddie WRC
26th March 2019, 14:19
Tour de Carlo... ;)

TRW
26th March 2019, 14:20
From drivers side probably top 3 will be Tanak, Ogier, Neuville in whatever the order will be. But teams.. in my opinion Toyota will take the jackpot form Corsica. Or what are your toughts guys?

AnttiL
26th March 2019, 14:29
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2kyqwHWwAAQqUq.jpg

This one is from Castagniccia, a Saturday stage

Fast Eddie WRC
26th March 2019, 14:34
Mostly new stages and the ice on the higher ones could mean those who make the best pacenotes gain the advantage.

mknight
26th March 2019, 15:17
Any kind of slippery/tricky conditions are godsend for Hyundai as the car is one of the best on slippery tarmac and probably worst of all on completely dry.

Mirek
26th March 2019, 15:45
Mostly new stages and the ice on the higher ones could mean those who make the best pacenotes gain the advantage.

It will not last. It shall be only warmer from now on.

Fast Eddie WRC
26th March 2019, 15:58
Good gravel crews will help after that storm. Or do you have an argument with that too, Mirek ?

dimviii
26th March 2019, 16:10
https://scontent.flgg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/54142947_1859096240862373_3017565342663704576_o.jp g?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.flgg1-1.fna&oh=dec2112f94e590d85eca37fc0e4b1842&oe=5D490CF5
https://scontent.flgg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/55244600_1859096257529038_1132112048755310592_o.jp g?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.flgg1-1.fna&oh=d658f769f103f3478b0ffb0c301ca3e2&oe=5D108453
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_03_2019/post-157-0-99731400-1553600552.jpg
https://scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/56140556_10219552671586587_5046308598221635584_n.j pg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-cdt1-1.xx&oh=fdf3d359af8d70c2c891b9f52fd979f2&oe=5D057F7E

mknight
26th March 2019, 16:13
Well even if it melts, it's quite hard to make notes on where to cut or not when sides of the road are covered in snow.

Mirek
26th March 2019, 16:16
Good gravel crews will help after that storm. Or do you have an argument with that too, Mirek ?

lol

EstWRC
26th March 2019, 16:41
The dude has been totally on fire the last couple of days.

Tarmop
26th March 2019, 16:46
It`s slush, sun, many plus degrees and as one can read, its gone already.

N.O.T
26th March 2019, 17:37

you are a clown...

you are too old to use the intrnet and have an opinion.

Fast Eddie WRC
26th March 2019, 17:50
Suninen:
Yes, it’s snow ! Did not expect to see snow and slush on the stages of @TourdeCorseWRC but that is how it was. The overnight storm in Bastia was quite rough and the forecast promises more cold during the rally. Not that this rally would lack excitement otherwise...#WRC https://t.co/AERDQY3m73

T16
26th March 2019, 19:33

At this level, aren’t they all good gravel crews?

Indreq
26th March 2019, 22:03
oh and btw, 2004 Corsica winner Markko Märtin will be Tänak's gravel crew this weekend.

wow i somehow missed that news, thats amazing :D

Zeakiwi2
27th March 2019, 02:42
or 'snow/ ice and gravel' crew if that happens.

EstWRC
27th March 2019, 13:46
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/55664427_1861556930616304_6121955622469500928_o.jp g?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=251107e30c32488900085d210bcb7018&oe=5D052A52
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/55244641_1861556863949644_3377034103676207104_o.jp g?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=102a36225807a641cc64743bb0e68f65&oe=5D4577A5
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/53888958_1861557033949627_1794726357503049728_o.jp g?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=f5e08a8ba1f007f39d23686db33fbdeb&oe=5D058E06
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/55759801_2129745163772041_4634663401971253248_o.jp g?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=d787e48fb5291452df8542c2426c9a0c&oe=5D0A9B21
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/55882198_1861557007282963_8211015972803313664_o.jp g?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=9ec94e04807f4ce468a76fd3c8d2f128&oe=5D41F0F2
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/55719343_1861556643949666_5342365560132861952_o.jp g?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=854be588c96a77f5966310acf1eaae0d&oe=5D5013C0

https://www.facebook.com/TourdeCorseWRC/photos/pcb.1861557913949539/1861556883949642/?type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/pg/timoanisphotography/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2129744880438736&__tn__=-U-R

EstWRC
27th March 2019, 13:48
Ole Christian Veiby

@OCVeiby
17m17 minutes ago
More
3 days of #TourdeCorse recce done ✅ Stages are all looking good, especially the new ones. We had all kinds of weather, from snow to sunshine. The long stage (SS9/12) will probably be the most tricky and technical stage, we are talking 40 kilometers of grip change! #WRC2

https://twitter.com/OCVeiby/status/1110904885069914118

dimviii
27th March 2019, 18:46
You are very good at the Tour de Corse, your car too, so it would be disappointing not to win this weekend right?

"I do not want to hide that the goal is to win. If we do not win this weekend, we can not say that we will be 100% satisfied. After, if we think of the championship, it is not mandatory to win this weekend, which would mean sweeping Argentina, and finally put me in a difficult situation on a rally that I have never won. After, if I can win, I will not deprive myself. A podium would be a good result for the championship. "
Who can beat you this weekend?

"Thierry and Ott obviously. For the others, we know that Kris can go fast on this field Jari is one of the former winners of the Tour de Corse, so why not and we know that the Yaris is fast everywhere now. At Hyundai, there are Seb and Dani again, two very very good references on asphalt. On paper, there are a lot of possibilities. "
Do you consider the C3 as the reference on the asphalt?

"It's hard to feel it in tests to be honest and behind the wheel. I was already very comfortable with the Fiesta on asphalt. Now, it's always interesting to put time in comparison with the feeling. Know whether to be at 110% with the car or not. A priori, lately, it was fast, so we have something to be confident. "
Do you have an opinion on the Hyundai, which some say is lower on the asphalt?

"Certainly if you ask the Belgians, they will always say that the car is not good here or there and company. After, they can only blame themselves, it's been six years since they are in the same team, so they just have to adjust the car as they want. "
What do you think about this 2019 course, which has been largely renewed?

"I am rather fond of new courses, it puts us all in the same conditions. Of course that adds some difficulty, because with 2 passages of notes, we are never sure that everything sticks and can go to block from the beginning of the rally. And right now, it's a bit of a tactic to get started. He has very nice special news, answer Friday if we did a good job during the two and a half days of recognition. On Friday, rather broad type and circuit overall, especially the first, a little hill climb. The second, we did it in 2015, so it is not completely new, it remains quite broad profiles and fast as the third. On Saturdays in the long run, it's likely to be a big chunk with dirty parts, old enough to say, and a lot of stones lining the roads and it's likely to be a weekend justice of the peace. On paper, there is no reason that it does not go with the C3 if we put everything together. "
Do you think you can make a big entrance gap like last year?

"It would not be to displease me but I think it will be a little different, already compared to the length of the stages. But the fact that they are new opens the door to make differences. We will see Friday even if for me the justice of the peace will be the long Saturday. "
https://www.rallye-sport.fr/ogier-lobjectif-cest-de-gagner/

mknight
27th March 2019, 19:10
Y
Do you have an opinion on the Hyundai, which some say is lower on the asphalt?

"Certainly if you ask the Belgians, they will always say that the car is not good here or there and company. After, they can only blame themselves, it's been six years since they are in the same team, so they just have to adjust the car as they want. "

*shots fired* :D

Obviously he is a bit right, that since they drive in same team for ages they should be able to adjust it. Could say the same about Meeke and C3 development though...
Neuville was quite vocal when Loeb was signed that now if he confirms what all other drivers are saying maybe finally "some people" will listen (engineers/team leadership). Now it looks more like Neuville adjusted his style to the car (during 2017-2018)

About the first part: Ogier was commenting in just about every second stage in last rallies of 2018 how Toyota is so much better.... so no real difference there.

wrc2017
27th March 2019, 19:37
*shots fired* :D

Obviously he is a bit right, that since they drive in same team for ages they should be able to adjust it. Could say the same about Meeke and C3 development though...
Neuville was quite vocal when Loeb was signed that now if he confirms what all other drivers are saying maybe finally "some people" will listen (engineers/team leadership). Now it looks more like Neuville adjusted his style to the car (during 2017-2018)

About the first part: Ogier was commenting in just about every second stage in last rallies of 2018 how Toyota is so much better.... so no real difference there.

Ogier has had little to do with the development of the C3 where it is at now. We all know how the C3 has come to be where it is at now.

EstWRC
27th March 2019, 20:43
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/55680270_1214450498714932_1251439155204849664_o.jp g?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=57ed2e1a59eac48e11cba14961921869&oe=5D4F6D93
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/55615932_1214449482048367_2338346428356624384_o.jp g?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=37db536009ab844f7d95c64867fbc61b&oe=5D11D1AD
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/54799823_1214449352048380_5391977238470066176_o.jp g?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=04fcea05df37cc333d97da7182a20910&oe=5D484666
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/55489129_1214449238715058_4009511485901373440_o.jp g?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=e973968713399260c0c5072c0133d4bb&oe=5D153D9C
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/55512130_1274328822725831_6435730277959467008_o.jp g?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=e329e902e1589c126ad5e95b9f7516e0&oe=5D12BC69
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/55949810_1274328639392516_4887993367796908032_o.jp g?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=bfa2caf14caf72d410a4cf7b2396ecba&oe=5D0B7CCD
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/55441207_1274328556059191_6450675325335502848_o.jp g?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=2c494b5b4dff35bdc1a5ea74a4ccfab0&oe=5D0FF999

sources https://www.facebook.com/pg/damiensaulnierphotographie/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1214448275381821&__tn__=-U-R
https://www.facebook.com/pg/BastienRouxPhotographie/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1272791882879525&__tn__=-U-R

er88
27th March 2019, 21:32
Ogier has had little to do with the development of the C3 where it is at now. We all know how the C3 has come to be where it is at now.Ofcourse that is true. Neuville has adapted to the Hyundai on tarmac despite it's limitations though, so I can understand why he still moans. Seb Ogier moans all the time as well even when he sets great times (like in Mexico), but it's just because he's never satisfied and always striving for perfection. It's a good quality even though fans might hate it.

Neuville is like that too, but for Ogier to say Thierry hasn't adapted to the Hyundai is wrong and just a little playful dig ;). It's the likes of Mikkelsen who haven't adapted to the hyundai on tarmac, but that's because he's not as good a driver as Thierry. Plus in Thierry's defence, it sounds like Hyundai have had the same issue as Citroen did for a while by not listening fully to the drivers, about certain problems with the car.

Neuville gets near enough the maximum out that i20 nowadays, the only year he didn't was 2017 - when he had to win the title but didn't due to his mistakes in Monte , Sweden etc etc

mknight
27th March 2019, 21:57
Some people were predicting how both Ogier and Lappi will massively struggle with C3..... that did not happen.

Some people were predicting how Loeb will be fastest Hyundai straight away and win first two rallies... that certainly did not happen either.

N.O.T
27th March 2019, 23:12
Some people were predicting how both Ogier and Lappi will massively struggle with C3..... that did not happen.

Some people were predicting how Loeb will be fastest Hyundai straight away and win first two rallies... that certainly did not happen either.

your friends that thought of that are retarded... maybe that is why they are your friends...

nobody predicted those stupid things you mention...

EstWRC
28th March 2019, 06:59
Good morning guys!

Just half an hour left till the shakedown, it will be LIVE again on facebook and WRC Plus.

KKS
28th March 2019, 07:47
Meeke-Meeke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xqTG3Y4SEo ))))

René
28th March 2019, 07:50
Shakedown live https://bit.ly/2YonKkK

AnttiL
28th March 2019, 07:55
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2u2t6dWoAEo7un.jpg

No big surprises there.

Loeb said the car slides everywhere.

EstWRC
28th March 2019, 07:57
first run done and all the Hyundai guys looked with long faces.

mknight
28th March 2019, 08:04
nobody predicted those stupid things you mention...

quick search just for picks:

Ogier & Lappi:

4. Ogier and Lappi to struggle a little bit in the beginning of the season, Lappi outdriving Ogier because the car suits him better. But after the updates Ogier is unbeatable and wins all the tarmac rallies.

Thats not what he said. He loved it at M-Sport and only left because Ford wouldnt pay to develop the car.

Ogier now values Titles.

So why has he gone to the worst car then?

Loeb:
(many more on Loeb cause I posted this once before)

If Loeb joins Hyundai is the "death" of Neuville's Hyundai carreer.

When Loeb has won the first two rounds he might start to have second thoughts about driving only 6 rounds. And probably it is not an issue for Hyundai to have even 4 cars per rally.

Goodbye Newville, Goodbye dreams ...
Run at M-Sport while there's room ...
Loeb has never been a team player, he's greedy ...

He is the maestro, but it is not going to be a walk in the park for him...especially taking two in a row. If he is a podium contender on all the events, its good...figthing for the win on some, excellent.

1. Loeb will win Monte and . . .
2. Be the leading Hyundai after Sweden

3. Loeb arriving at Hyundai and being immediately faster than their full time drivers, saying that nothing is wrong with that car. Therefore Adamo is being sacked and Nandan called back.

----------------------------------------------------
I checking this I also found another prediction that sadly did not happen:

5. N.O.T. will find the true meaning of life and shall stop posting on this forum.

Now go back to the cave on the end of my ignore list.

=========================

Point of the comments is not to "hang out" people, but to emphasize that predicting how driver/car combinations perform and what is the cause of them not performing is difficult and quite likely to be wrong.

EstWRC
28th March 2019, 08:08
mknight....for fucks sake stop quoting me from CRYSTAL BALL THREAD because everything i wrote there was with a JOKE.

get a life man.

er88
28th March 2019, 08:14

Some people were predicting how Loeb will be fastest Hyundai straight away and win first two rallies... that certainly did not happen either.What was the relevance of this?

And most of the comments you have taken are probably from that crystal ball prediction thread where some people are making bold claims for a laugh or because they want it to happen...

If Ostberg and Breen could fight at the front on certain events after the mid season updates with the C3, Ogier was always going to be able to despite the fact he wants further obvious improvements (which is ominous). Meeke won in the C3 when the car was at it's worst and he's not the level of a driver Ogier is...

The GOAT isn't a faster or a better driver that Thierry anymore, im sure he's said that himself. He wouldn't beat Thierry across a whole season, or in most normal circumstances imo. So to expect him to come in and wipe the floor with Thierry after little testing and a Dakar behind him, was a pipe dream. The GOAT has nothing to prove and is only driving for the pleasure, and to do a job for the Hyundai team in the drivers and manufacturers championships. He's only at Hyundai because your boy Mikkelsen failed badly at that last season, and this is probably the reason you're so butthurt about things...

er88
28th March 2019, 08:14
I have a feeling Mikkelsen will look a lot better after this rally...If Loeb gets beaten by WRC2 cars maybe...

mknight
28th March 2019, 08:17
mknight....for fucks sake stop quoting me from CRYSTAL BALL THREAD because everything i wrote there was with a JOKE.

get a life man.

So tell me which if your predictions was a JOKE:

1. AL14 finally back on the forum and making good jokes and my mood good again.
2. Meeke being quite often the fastest Toyota, but due inconsistency and not understanding to back off sometimes, still finishes the season as third number.
3. Loeb arriving at Hyundai and being immediately faster than their full time drivers, saying that nothing is wrong with that car. Therefore Adamo is being sacked and Nandan called back.
4. Ogier and Lappi to struggle a little bit in the beginning of the season, Lappi outdriving Ogier because the car suits him better. But after the updates Ogier is unbeatable and wins all the tarmac rallies.
5. Tänak becomes champion in Finland (because i will be there and i can celebrate)

To me the parts that could be considered "jokes" are:
-Nandan getting called back
- and Tanak winning title in Finland

If you mean all of the rest is a joke then your sense of humor is somewhat special.

EstWRC
28th March 2019, 08:18
lol...ok i dont bother anymore.

have a nice day.

and yes, i am special

wrc2017
28th March 2019, 08:22
he is one sad individual

EstWRC
28th March 2019, 08:24
second run

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2u7rUwWkAA_y5z.jpg

Eric
28th March 2019, 08:37
If Loeb gets beaten by WRC2 cars maybe...

No, Loeb doenst needs to get beaten by WRC2 cars. Its enough that he ends up far behind top three. Loeb is No.1 on tarmac. He showed that last year returning to Spain, winning the rally. If he struggles this weekend that shows how shitty the i20 is on tarmac for everyone except Neuville. Its as simple as that.

EstWRC
28th March 2019, 09:05
first pass re-live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPkpga0_0XI

EstWRC
28th March 2019, 09:22
Meekes adventures https://twitter.com/AlbertiniCyril/status/1111197791563456513

@Krisse_Sohlberg
Follow Follow @Krisse_Sohlberg
More
Impressions of shakedown. Tanak driving neat, Meeke very aggressive, Citroën looks stiff and hyundai struggling with understeer! #wrc #shakedown

https://twitter.com/Krisse_Sohlberg/status/1111194361583357953

N.O.T
28th March 2019, 09:31
look at all this snow on the shakedown...

gravel crews are going to be very important in this rally with all the ice on the road...

wrc2017
28th March 2019, 09:35
he has black and white TV.. give him a break..

EstWRC
28th March 2019, 09:38
Third run. Meeke has been on fire

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2vNCAwXcAEAn0z.jpg

AnttiL
28th March 2019, 10:11
https://www.rallit.fi/jari-matti-latvala-kertoi-mm-rallin-monsteripatkan-yllatyksesta-asvaltti-jaanyt-kesken/

According to this article, The Castagniccia stage will have a "gravel section". The tarmac is being renewed but it's still under construction and the other lane is on gravel.

Fast Eddie WRC
28th March 2019, 10:42
Neuville:
Shakedown done for us. Not the best feeling but the target was to try different things and get the best setup for the race.

#WRC #TourdeCorse #HMSGOfficial #TN #NG https://t.co/uNRRGiLfNA

dimviii
28th March 2019, 11:09
Torn Ken

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2viBxKXcAAv09-.jpg

Simmi
28th March 2019, 11:14
Didn't he crash on shakedown last year in Corsica too!? I'm sure I remember seeing his car when I left the stage.

EstWRC
28th March 2019, 11:18
Järveoja in a good mood and joking after the shakedown that the organizers are lying, there aren’t 10 000 corners. He has 6100 in the notes !

dimviii
28th March 2019, 11:29
Järveoja in a good mood and joking after the shakedown that the organizers are lying, there aren’t 10 000 corners. He has 6100 in the notes !

Marc Martí Moreno
‏ @MarcMartiWRC

Recce and notes ready for next @TourdeCorseWRC beside @NilSolans Do you want to know how many corners I wrote..?? Just 2.239 corners

wrc2017
28th March 2019, 11:30
hope he hasn't missed 1

Fast Eddie WRC
28th March 2019, 11:37
https://www.rallit.fi/jari-matti-latvala-kertoi-mm-rallin-monsteripatkan-yllatyksesta-asvaltti-jaanyt-kesken/

According to this article, The Castagniccia stage will have a "gravel section". The tarmac is being renewed but it's still under construction and the other lane is on gravel.

Loeb just described that long stage as 'very bad'.

liposh
28th March 2019, 11:38
Marc Martí Moreno
‏ @MarcMartiWRC

Recce and notes ready for next @TourdeCorseWRC beside @NilSolans Do you want to know how many corners I wrote..?? Just 2.239 corners

...probably simplier pacenotes :D

maailmameister
28th March 2019, 11:48
Yes, you are correct :) Torn last year shakedown

Fast Eddie WRC
28th March 2019, 11:57
Meeke:
So we’ve been fastest on 3 of the 4 shakedowns so far this year, but as they say back home: Shakedowns are for show, the rally is for dough ! So here’s hoping we can keep the revs up and aim for a strong result this weekend @TourdeCorseWRC. #KM5 https://t.co/GTxtu2Ywms

EstWRC
28th March 2019, 12:00
https://youtu.be/KTop_d3EwKs

mknight
28th March 2019, 12:02
Meeke:
So we’ve been fastest on 3 of the 4 shakedowns so far this year, but as they say back home: Shakedowns are for show, the rally is for dough ! So here’s hoping we can keep the revs up and aim for a strong result this weekend @TourdeCorseWRC. #KM5 https://t.co/GTxtu2Ywms

Yes, somewhat interesting that he is fastest in in 3 out of 4 SD (75 %), well off course you have multiple "chances" on SD, but even with say 4 passes per SD it's only 16 runs.

.. and at the same time he has won only 2 out of 56 stages in the season so far, even though he drove all of them (no SR).
(Latvala won 5, Tanak 19).

dimviii
28th March 2019, 12:08
https://youtu.be/KTop_d3EwKs

dimviii
28th March 2019, 12:09
Elena arrest Carlos De Barrio
https://twitter.com/RallyingUK/status/1111244422673514496

dimviii
28th March 2019, 12:14
https://youtu.be/j1Vb9Wh-9q0

Japé
28th March 2019, 13:10
How many broken rims will be seen in Toyota garage this weekend?

EstWRC
28th March 2019, 13:14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCnulg_aoXY

Fast Eddie WRC
28th March 2019, 13:48
Yes, somewhat interesting that he is fastest in in 3 out of 4 SD (75 %), well off course you have multiple "chances" on SD, but even with say 4 passes per SD it's only 16 runs.

.. and at the same time he has won only 2 out of 56 stages in the season so far, even though he drove all of them (no SR).

It maybe shows Meeke's pace when he's 'off the leash'.

I'm sure he's been holding back to some degree on the events so far, ensuring finishes, team points and showing he can be disciplined.

Tarmop
28th March 2019, 13:52
How many broken rims will be seen in Toyota garage this weekend?

They have stronger rims now.

rhm
28th March 2019, 13:58

I suppose he's still getting used to a new car? More comfortable to push on a SD stage he's run a few times but also conscious of delivering finishes in the first 3 events of the year. And saving the fastest stage times for when it matters on the Power Stages.

EstWRC
28th March 2019, 14:05
"I've been quickest there in the past, so it wouldn't necessarily be a surprise to do that again, but the feeling in the car was nice." Meeke added.

"There are no points for shakedown, which is a bit of a bastard given that I've been quickest on three of them this year.

"But still, this rally is going to be won by the driver who has the complete package. That means being comfortable in the car and having a real flow with the notes, the new notes from the new stages; it's about being the driver who had the clean recce and can interpret what they've found on the recce best.

"It's not about the driver who was quickest down a short blast of a stage. I have confidence and now I have to use it."

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/142383/meeke-fastest-corsica-time-a-confidence-boost

er88
28th March 2019, 14:35
It maybe shows Meeke's pace when he's 'off the leash'.

I'm sure he's been holding back to some degree on the events so far, ensuring finishes, team points and showing he can be disciplined.Yeah possibly, but the problem with Meeke is that maybe mistakes could creep in the more he builds his pace consistently. That will be the next step.

But he's had a pretty good start to the season all things considered.

No real mistakes, would've been fast enough for 4th in Monte and was closer to the top 3 in pace than the likes of Loeb/Latvala were, who finished ahead of him overall due to the two punctures. Nailed the power stage by a margin.

Sweden safe and steady in a rally where he's generally shit. Picked up places when others made mistakes.

Mexico - had decent pace again from 4th on the road compared to guys behind him. Even though he moved into the lead at the start of the 2nd day, the best he would've finished without the puncture was 2nd. Ogier was on another level that weekend.

dimviii
28th March 2019, 15:04
https://youtu.be/ZC6m7SSPAYk

mknight
28th March 2019, 15:11
I suppose he's still getting used to a new car? More comfortable to push on a SD stage he's run a few times but also conscious of delivering finishes in the first 3 events of the year. And saving the fastest stage times for when it matters on the Power Stages.

He won one PS in monte where he did the same the year before in C3.

Anyway there are many ways to read into this, but the contrast is definitely interesting. Similarly Lappi very often gets decent points from Power Stages (both last year and this year) even on rallies where his pace is not very good rest of rally (like in Mexico recently).

AnttiL
28th March 2019, 16:09
Meeke was often fastest on shakedowns in the Citroen as well

Fast Eddie WRC
28th March 2019, 16:27
Loeb:
These are not the best roads for this car. We worked on it during the tests. The feeling is ok but I’m not sure we will be able to fight with Toyota and Citroën.

dimviii
28th March 2019, 17:12
https://www.ewrc.cz/images/2019/photos/corsica_linea_tour_de_corse_2019/vms_dsc_3724.jpg
https://www.ewrc.cz/images/2019/photos/corsica_linea_tour_de_corse_2019/vms_dsc_3754.jpg

dimviii
28th March 2019, 17:35
amazing caption from Meeke shake pass

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvjgMwqFwIc/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=c5082wq4zbs0

dimviii
28th March 2019, 17:44
Torn incar crash
https://twitter.com/OfficialWRC/status/1111330318894710784

dimviii
28th March 2019, 17:49
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2wypV5WsAEZvf1.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2w5xtEW0AEb8i_.jpg

gorganl2000
28th March 2019, 18:12
it would be interesting for the WDC if Meeke could win this one and get maximum PS points as well. It would certainly keep the present top 4 bunched relatively close for the next event (assuming no retirements by any of them).

mknight
28th March 2019, 18:32
Meeke wide on SD:
https://twitter.com/AlbertiniCyril/status/1111197791563456513

denkimi
28th March 2019, 18:47
No, Loeb doenst needs to get beaten by WRC2 cars. Its enough that he ends up far behind top three. Loeb is No.1 on tarmac. He showed that last year returning to Spain, winning the rally. If he struggles this weekend that shows how shitty the i20 is on tarmac for everyone except Neuville. Its as simple as that.
The i20 is shitty even for neuville. He is just a little bit better at driving around the shit.

the sniper
28th March 2019, 19:00
Torn incar crash
https://twitter.com/OfficialWRC/status/1111330318894710784

Lucky guy on the left side of the road...

KKS
28th March 2019, 19:06
000 and 00 are civil Citroens, only 0 car was Citroen C3 R5. A bit useless to use not rally cars for 000 and 00

CWJ
28th March 2019, 19:11
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2wypV5WsAEZvf1.jpg

Attilio Bettega memorial stone should be in stage 2 in this years edition? I gues same running direction as in 1985.

EstWRC
28th March 2019, 19:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpt9UW90iFw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC6m7SSPAYk

br21
28th March 2019, 19:40
000 and 00 are civil Citroens, only 0 car was Citroen C3 R5. A bit useless to use not rally cars for 000 and 00

it's almost always like that, why it's useless?

dimviii
28th March 2019, 20:01
michelin video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=22&v=omLBB_NDxSU

Slazwierder
28th March 2019, 20:11
Isn't it that way because it's obligated in every rally in France?

Mirek
28th March 2019, 20:23
Isn't it that way because it's obligated in every rally in France?

And not only in France. The role of the zero car is not to race and there is no real need for a race car.

KKS
28th March 2019, 21:44
From vids and photos looks like shakedown of 1 corner for rally of 10000 corners.

KKS
28th March 2019, 21:46
And not only in France. The role of the zero car is not to race and there is no real need for a race car.
that's why sometimes zero car catch double-zero and this train catch 1st competitive car?

MartijnS
28th March 2019, 21:59
Tabards not afraid, standing with their back to the cars...https://youtu.be/Tpt9UW90iFw?t=20

AnttiL
29th March 2019, 06:27
Good morning, it's rally day!

All the Michelin @WRC drivers with 5 MICHELIN Pilot Sport H5

Ken Torn had to change engine, thus five minute penalty is issued.

EstWRC
29th March 2019, 06:28
Morning guys

gonna be a exciting day!

Allez Andruet
29th March 2019, 06:44
None of the Finns have yet to manage to disappoint in this rally, so the overall feeling is good. Judging by the first three rallies of the season, it all will change once SS1 gets underway, so I try to enjoy while I still can...

rp
29th March 2019, 06:49
None of the Finns have yet to manage to disappoint in this rally, so the overall feeling is good. Judging by the first three rallies of the season, it all will change once SS1 gets underway, so I try to enjoy while I still can...

:) The same feeling, but maybe Lappi can make some surprise...

EstWRC
29th March 2019, 07:00
lol they have the wrong starting order, what a mess

AnttiL
29th March 2019, 07:03
Ogier slower by 0.1 in the first split, it's tight for sure!

EstWRC
29th March 2019, 07:04
and Neuville even with Tänak

EstWRC
29th March 2019, 07:07
Ogier with a mistake and Meeke flying again!

N.O.T
29th March 2019, 07:07
Good start by Meeke

EstWRC
29th March 2019, 07:09
damn cows on the road for Tänak and Ogier!

AnttiL
29th March 2019, 07:10
Evans faster than Meeke on first split

KKS
29th March 2019, 07:11
first time Ogier fair on stage-end comments

EstWRC
29th March 2019, 07:11
that lasted long for Meeke

KKS
29th March 2019, 07:12
fuck1!!!!! Meekkeeeee

EstWRC
29th March 2019, 07:12
that hyundai is shit!

N.O.T
29th March 2019, 07:14
Meeke did a meeke

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tauri_J
29th March 2019, 07:15
Loeb stopped

Oliverk
Meeke meeked up

EstWRC
finnish guys cheer up, Latvala fastest in first split!

AnttiL
29th March 2019, 07:19
finnish guys cheer up, Latvala fastest in first split!

Not anymore in the second

N.O.T
29th March 2019, 07:19
Loeb out probably... another nightmare for hyundai.

KKS
29th March 2019, 07:20
whats going on here? Two top drivers with slow pace!

EstWRC
29th March 2019, 07:20
great stage from Evans!

Tauri_J
29th March 2019, 07:21
whats going on here? Two top drivers with slow pace!

who are you reffering to

EstWRC
29th March 2019, 07:24
Hyundais surpsingly good on this stage but it seems they have to take lot of risks for that

AnttiL
29th March 2019, 07:26
Nice time from Suninen

AnttiL
29th March 2019, 07:29
What a dramatic opening stage. Pieniazek also with a puncture.

mknight
29th March 2019, 07:32
Well this has to be one of the most unexpected stage results so far this season (and that's even counting R5s beating most WRCs on first run of Sweden PS)

In points:
- Sunninen faster than Ogier on his first Corsica stage in WRC
- Evans fastest
- Loeb crashing in first stage after like 4 mins of driving

Let's see if these kind of positions will last.

Eric
29th March 2019, 07:33
Hyundais surpsingly good on this stage but it seems they have to take lot of risks for that

I think thats the problem with the Hyundai. Its possible to go fast but the risks are very high. Understeer/oversteer and losing the rear seems to be a returning problem. If they dont solve these problems they dont stand a chance against citroen/toyota.
So far the Hyundat WRT has been a disatser. Big budgets, 6/7 (?) years in WRC - ZERO titles. The big bosses in Korea cannot be happy with the guys in Germany.

er88
29th March 2019, 07:33
Hyundais surpsingly good on this stage but it seems they have to take lot of risks for thatNeuville and Sordo were pretty quick in Spain on dry tarmac and were happier with the upgrades. Thierry quick in Monte on the dry too fighting with Ogier, so I wouldn't expect them to be really slow.

Shame for Loeb and Meeke, but interesting start to the rally. Hope we get lots of good battles.

Fast Eddie WRC
29th March 2019, 07:35
Great start by Evans... didnt see that coming !

mknight
29th March 2019, 07:38
Neuville and Sordo were pretty quick in Spain on dry tarmac and were happier with the upgrades. Thierry quick in Monte on the dry too fighting with Ogier, so I wouldn't expect them to be really slow.

"Pretty quick" meant ending 4th and 5th in standings, but on pace they were also behind Tanak and Latvala so 6-7th.

Anyway a bit early to say anything after one stage with weird results. Note that Loeb was the slowest WRC on the fist split before crashing.

er88
29th March 2019, 07:40
"Pretty quick" meant ending 4th and 5th in standings, but on pace they were also behind Tanak and Latvala so 6-7th.

Anyway a bit early to say anything after one stage with weird results. Note that Loeb was the slowest WRC on the fist split before crashing.Dry tarmac!!!! It was a monsoon for most of Saturday. You can check the drivers comments.

KKS
29th March 2019, 07:50
who are you reffering to
Meeke and Loeb two of two for win in Corsica

Daniel Popov
29th March 2019, 08:00
Why did they exclude Giorgi Fabrice? The FIA decided it is not safe to drive an R5 car trough the wheel?
Shame, the guy is doing great..

EstWRC
29th March 2019, 08:02
Neuville again very good split!

er88
29th March 2019, 08:03
Thierry on the move...

br21
Why did they exclude Giorgi Fabrice? The FIA decided it is not safe to drive an R5 car trough the wheel?

Team didn't apply for necessary documents to run modified car...

AnttiL

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2xV4q7WkAAOl_R.png

Barreis
29th March 2019, 08:04
dimviii, any live link? :)

er88
29th March 2019, 08:08
Ogier losing a lot of time here

EstWRC
29th March 2019, 08:09
no stage end comments?

EstWRC
29th March 2019, 08:15
Meeke can still climb up quite high here, just 46 secs from the lead at the moment

AnttiL
29th March 2019, 08:21
What's up with Latvala, losing time? At the stage end he tells the setup is wrong?

er88
29th March 2019, 08:22
Meeke can still climb up quite high here, just 46 secs from the lead at the momentCould be a case of what might have been.
Sordo coming fast but Latvala slow as fuck

wrc2017
29th March 2019, 08:23
I'd say ogier has steering alignment issue if he has hit the front of car in previous stage

EstWRC
29th March 2019, 08:25
top4 separated by 2.4 seconds. incredible

Tauri_J
29th March 2019, 08:26
I'd say ogier has steering alignment issue if he has hit the front of car in previous stage

did you even see that mistake, no damage done

TypeR
29th March 2019, 08:28
did you even see that mistake, no damage done
obviously something is wrong, not his real pace

Fast Eddie WRC
29th March 2019, 08:32
Loeb, Ogier & Latvala slowest WRC's on SS2 !

wrc2017
there is. front right corner

EstWRC
both citroens quite slow i would say

br21
29th March 2019, 08:36

Only damage he did was to right side canards I think. For sure there was no impact which can damage the steering.

Tauri_J
29th March 2019, 08:38
there is. front right corner

lol

thats cosmetical

Fast Eddie WRC
29th March 2019, 08:39
Real pity no stage end interviews for Tanak & Ogier.

wrc2017
29th March 2019, 08:42
lol

thats cosmetical

well... let's see what he says then... he usually has some excuse.

wia5958
29th March 2019, 08:42
Have wondered for quite a while now if some of the c3's tarmac ability may have been comprised to make more for a more driveable car on gravel certainly looks it at moment

er88
29th March 2019, 08:46
Have wondered for quite a while now if some of the c3's tarmac ability may have been comprised to make more for a more driveable car on gravel certainly looks it at momentMakinen just alluded to that indirectly. It's no longer a touring car ;)

Jewy46
29th March 2019, 08:53
As a Meeke fan, gutted :mad:

But looking at his pace if he keeps it on the tar he will move up steadily. On a positive note the pace is there once again!

Looks like a real interesting one, my money is now on Tanak. Evans and Sordo may have thoughts of a win also

RS
29th March 2019, 09:09
Have wondered for quite a while now if some of the c3's tarmac ability may have been comprised to make more for a more driveable car on gravel certainly looks it at moment

Not so stupid when there are only two pure tarmac events.

wrc2017
29th March 2019, 09:10
Not so stupid when there are only two pure tarmac events.
pity they didn't think of that 3 years ago

Dug83
29th March 2019, 09:10
I thought the same thing a year ago but was assured by the expert that it wouldn't.

I was just wondering with Citroen having seeming to have improved the handling of the C3 on gravel/loose surfaces is there a chance it has come at a cost to handling on tarmac? From all accounts it has been suspension geometry and diff changes that have help the handling so could it effect the setup?

Newton's 3rd law of physics comes to mind. Just a thought and hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge than me can give there thoughts on it.

AnttiL
29th March 2019, 09:12
pity they didn't think of that 3 years ago

And they built a similar R5 car

EstWRC
29th March 2019, 09:14
Lappi stopped

Mirek
29th March 2019, 09:14
that's why sometimes zero car catch double-zero and this train catch 1st competitive car?

If that happens it means that the person who planned the start times did a shitty job or that there are serious issues on the route. Please educate yourself about what is the zero car for. It's not for racing, period.

Tauri_J
29th March 2019, 09:15
Lappi stopped

Fast Eddie WRC
29th March 2019, 09:15
Lappi nooo

EstWRC
29th March 2019, 09:16
moving again, puncture it seems

AnttiL
29th March 2019, 09:17
Lappi also lost 10 s in the first split, indicates a puncture

Fast Eddie WRC
29th March 2019, 09:17
Spin it seems.

Fast Eddie WRC
29th March 2019, 09:18
Go on Elfyn !

EstWRC
29th March 2019, 09:21
quite a surprising morning i would say, citroens struggling and hyundais going well.

personally im not surprised that Evans is doing well, he really likes this event

AnttiL
29th March 2019, 09:24
Lappi said he spun because it was his first time doing a hairpin with "rear wheel drive" :D

Indreq
29th March 2019, 09:24
And they built a similar R5 car

Purpose of R5 is to be cash-cow, it is for customers. And big share of western-european local rallies are more or less tarmac. So nothing wrong for R5 to be tarmac-oriented.

EstWRC
29th March 2019, 09:26
i expected quite a change from Lappi after moving to a new team.

but still i get this unhappy Lappi all the time.

Fast Eddie WRC
29th March 2019, 09:27
Latvala blaming slow pacenotes from 2015. Crazy.

Simmi
29th March 2019, 09:29
Latvala does such a good job of acting like he's not the most experienced guy in the championship. Surely it would drive you mad as a team manager.

Rally Hokkaido
29th March 2019, 09:30
If that happens it means that the person who planned the start times did a shitty job or that there are serious issues on the route. Please educate yourself about what is the zero car for. It's not for racing, period.

Exactly! I will add that the role of 000, 00 and 0 cars are all different and their start times should show that. The only advantage of using a modified car as 00, is that it then could quickly be substituted as 0 car, if the 0 crashes or breaks down (it has happened!).

er88
Jari looks like he dies a little death inside when he sees his two team mates beating his times.

EstWRC
very good morning from Suninen considering its his first time with a wrc car.

AnttiL
29th March 2019, 09:31
very good morning from Suninen considering its his first time with a wrc car.

I was about to say the same. Staying out of trouble and not even being the slowest car.

tomhlord
29th March 2019, 09:33
Great job Suninen!

denkimi
29th March 2019, 09:35
0 is intended to go at racing speed through the stages. Or at least very close to it.

You can call that racing or not, both are correct depending on your view of what racing means.

Ljuke
29th March 2019, 09:36
Latvala blaming slow pacenotes from 2015. Crazy.

Isn´t he blaming this year´s pace notes for being too slow ? And that after using the 2015 pace notes his pace improved ?

Fast Eddie WRC
29th March 2019, 09:36
Perfect morning for Tanak, leading and Ogier way behind.

Fast Eddie WRC
29th March 2019, 09:38
Isn´t he blaming this year´s pace notes for being too slow ? And that after using the 2015 pace notes his pace improved ?

He used 2015 notes on SS2 which were made for the previous generation car !