PDA

View Full Version : Best of WRC 2018

Sulland
18th November 2018, 09:10
What was in your opinion best of the 2018 season?

Could be best:

Car
Driver
Co Driver
Rally
Works team
Privat team
Car livery
Video/ Picture
Something else

Basically, what will you best remember from the 2018 wrc season?

KiwiWRCfan
18th November 2018, 09:40
1) the rise and rise of Ott Tanak
2) WRC All Live changing the way we view WRC

deephouse
18th November 2018, 09:42
First I'm gonna answer last question. EVERYTHING. WRC+, drama on every rally, new rally on the calendar, 4 manus fighting, 3 drivers fighting for the title at the end, unpredictable moments...

Car: Hyundai i20 WRC
Driver: Hayden Paddon
Co-Driver: Torstein Eriksen
Rally: Sardegna
Works Team: Toyota GAZOO Racing
Private Team: /
Car Livery: Serderidis' Fiesta
Video/Picture: i don't have one but on every rally there were pretty awesome footage from drones

Some bad things:
-Neuville's attitude to public
-Ogier's whining
-WRC+ couple issues (overall standings constantly shown instead of splits, lagging, showing unimportant drivers - privateers and Qassimi for the most of the coverage per stage)
-On most rallies splits from Official site was too late or not shown at all.
-Presenters talking too much rubish things. They could have asside one driver from WRC squad or WRC2 who don't drive at the moment (every events there were one sitting) to have extra opinion about current action.
-Finn's bad mood all the time (but hey they can't change haha).

T16
18th November 2018, 09:59
The Yaris. It’s leagues ahead.

spark13
18th November 2018, 10:04
Basically, what will you best remember from the 2018 wrc season?

The 80% probability of one Belgium man for winning championship.

gorganl2000
18th November 2018, 12:11
The Yaris. It’s leagues ahead.

i've thought this at some point as well, but now i think it's a bit more than that
i think Tanak has matured into a "complete" driver during this year, he has taken that next step which elevates you above the usual "good" driver status---i think most of the WRC drivers are good driver's with skill and talent. however, i think he's now very close to the league of the Loeb, Ogier, Marcus, Sainz, etc, those special drivers out of the bunch who made the car they drove look better than the rest. He needs a bit more refinement and patience/strategy sometimes and i hope he finds it soon, because he will be even more of a force to be reckoned with when he does. So it's not just the car, its the car/driver combination

rp
19th November 2018, 11:04
Car: Toyota Yaris WRC
Driver: Ott Tänak
Codriver: Martin Järveoja
Rally: Rally Finland
Works team: TOYOTA GAZOO Racing WRT
Privat team: Toksport WRT
Car livery: M-Sport Ford Fiesta WRC
Video/ Picture: -

Ott Tänak is now a complete driver and next year is time to stop Seb´s title winning streak. Also the performance of the Yaris WRC during the second half of the season was very clear. Great that all the works teams were able to win and hopefully TGR´s Toyota is not too dominant next year. Certainly Citroën with Ogier, Lappi & Loeb is able to challenge, but is it enough..?

EstWRC
19th November 2018, 16:27
https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/november-2018/gala-awards/page/5913--12-12-.html

man they must block votes from estonia, lol

btw, Järveoja gave his trophy to Ingrassia.

T16
19th November 2018, 16:43
i've thought this at some point as well, but now i think it's a bit more than that
i think Tanak has matured into a "complete" driver during this year, he has taken that next step which elevates you above the usual "good" driver status---i think most of the WRC drivers are good driver's with skill and talent. however, i think he's now very close to the league of the Loeb, Ogier, Marcus, Sainz, etc, those special drivers out of the bunch who made the car they drove look better than the rest. He needs a bit more refinement and patience/strategy sometimes and i hope he finds it soon, because he will be even more of a force to be reckoned with when he does. So it's not just the car, its the car/driver combination

Not disputing his abilities and their impact on some of the incredible speed shown, but seeing that thing in the flesh.... I’m no expert, but it’s plain to see it really is leagues ahead of the other cars. Watched wales GB and it clearly changed direction with less hassle than any other car out there.... and with that in mind (and yes I’m ready for a few bullets) I reckon Meeke will be a contender next year.

Tarmop
19th November 2018, 17:55
I`d still say, its hard to say, which is better, the Tänak-Yaris package is superb, yes, but then when you look at other Toyota`s, they were a bit further back...good drivers, good starting position and with the best car, there should have been Top 3 for Toyota on every round, like in VW days, but it was Tänak far-far ahead, then came second and it wasn`t necessarily a Toyota.

Berke
19th November 2018, 19:37
What method could be used to decide if a co-driver was best?

MentalParadox
19th November 2018, 19:56
What method could be used to decide if a co-driver was best?

Start at 10/10, subtract points per confirmed co-call mistake made that lead to a mistake (-0,5) or DNF (-1).