PDA

View Full Version : Things to be fixed

tin-top fan
5th December 2006, 13:36
I thought maybe a list of things that were not working would be quite helpful for Mark:

The first ones that i have found are the track talk and support series sub-forums in the touring car section don't seem to be there at all.....

tin-top fan
5th December 2006, 13:38
This only happens if you go in from the main page as well, if you go in via the touring car forum then it works ok

Dave B
5th December 2006, 14:27
The "forum jump" dropdown isn't populated.

Note, I'm not moaning, I appreciate the massive amount of work it must have taken to get this far :)

Vitesse
5th December 2006, 14:28
Same applies if you try to get to Nostalgia from the main page.

Mark
5th December 2006, 14:31
The links from the first page refer to the old forum id's, which no longer apply. Don't know about the forum dropdown thing.

martinbalmer
5th December 2006, 15:32
I know smilies have already been mentioned. They are missing from the reply page... :)

AndySpeed
6th December 2006, 01:32
Currently 'URL' code is not "allowed" in one's signature, as I just tried to remove a line of text. For now I'll leave it as it is, but I'm sure it'll get rectified soon, right?

Eki
6th December 2006, 10:34
The "forum jump" dropdown isn't populated.

Note, I'm not moaning, I appreciate the massive amount of work it must have taken to get this far :)
What Dave said. The lack of Forum Jump entries slows down the experience, just like having to log in every time you post. I hope that'll get fixed too.

Mark
6th December 2006, 10:35
having to log in every time you post. I hope that'll get fixed too.

You shouldn't have to do that! :s

ArrowsFA1
6th December 2006, 11:15
...having to log in every time you post. I hope that'll get fixed too.
Did you tick "Remember Me?" when you entered your user name & password :?:

Eki
6th December 2006, 11:16
You shouldn't have to do that! :s
That's what I think too, but I still do.

Eki
6th December 2006, 11:17
Did you tick "Remember Me?" when you entered your user name & password :?:
Probably not. Thanks, Arrows.

Storm
6th December 2006, 12:35
Eki you are useless aren't you :p :

Dave B
6th December 2006, 22:14
I'm not staying logged in either. Yes I've ticked the box, and I've tried it on two PCs and on FF2 and IE7.

Mp3 Astra
6th December 2006, 22:56
I have a problem; I'm able to edit my posts hours after first posting them! It could get very awkward as DonnieD already knows :D
Great forum guys :up:

martinbalmer
6th December 2006, 23:10
I'm not staying logged in either. Yes I've ticked the box, and I've tried it on two PCs and on FF2 and IE7.

Are you using the numerica IP address originally given by Mark or a domain name (*.motorsportforum.com)? Just a thought.

AndySpeed
6th December 2006, 23:30
When you search for all posts by a user, it only shows two results. I've done this for multiple users and it's all the same.

martinbalmer
6th December 2006, 23:41
When you search for all posts by a user, it only shows two results. I've done this for multiple users and it's all the same.

I've just tried it on myself and it only shows 1 post (there should be loads of them)

MattL
7th December 2006, 00:37
I have a problem; I'm able to edit my posts hours after first posting them! It could get very awkward as DonnieD already knows :D
Great forum guys :up:

I've now changed it so posts are only editable for 15 minutes!

I can't suss out the reason for the search results being limited at the moment though!

garyshell
7th December 2006, 07:04
I just noticed something odd. I went to the Champcar forum and noticed that half a dozen threads had new messages. I went to the first thread by clicking the button to take me to the first new message in that thread. I spent quite a bit of time in that thread (15 minutes or so), eventually hitting my back button to go back to the main Champcar forum page. Suddenly none of the threads were marked as having new messages. Anyone else seen this?

Gary

mikiec
7th December 2006, 15:43
Flags please and can we have the signature allowance just a little bit longer please?!! It's a lot shorter than the old one.

EDIT Just realised flags are enabled.. I'll get my coat

daz90
9th December 2006, 10:58
I am not getting instant email notification of my subscribed threads, i have turned it on through my user cp, but alas no emails yet. And there have been replys to the subscribed threads ;) before you think i am daft.

EDIT...

Just figured it out for myself, i had some of my subscribed threads in the wrong folder, complicated but true, i think it might be fixed now.

tintin
9th December 2006, 14:48
I'm also not getting e-mail notification. How did you fix it Daz?

daz90
9th December 2006, 17:45
Well, its complicated (lol) go into your user cp, then edit options, look at your email notification, and - Default Thread Subscription Mode make sure you have Instant email notification and thats it, select that and your all set from now on to get instant replys to your subscribed threads.

I also had to go into my subscribed thread folder, and send all of my subscribed threads to instant notification. To do that go into user cp, and the subscribed thread option (all of these options are on the left) and then just tick and use the drag down thing to the right, select instant and hey presto your sorted.

I should be an expert ;) (then again i run a forum myself)

Dazz9908
10th December 2006, 08:59
how do you know who's viewing what forum?

tintin
10th December 2006, 12:41
I'm now getting e-mail notification, but clicking on the links takes me to the page without signing me in.

Typing the URL manually signs me in automatically.