PDA

View Full Version : Leclerc Swap seats with Raikonen

Nitrodaze
11th September 2018, 10:22
Ferrari finally decides to take the risk with their rookie junior Leclerc for the 2019 season in place of Kimi Raikonen as suspected. Kimi shall head to Sauber for the 2019 and 2020 seasons.

I think it is great. it would give leclerc two seasons to bed into the Ferarri team operation and gain valuable experience to prepoare him for the 2021 season with the new chassis and engines.

Sauber would benefit alot from having the veteran Ferrari world champion; Kimi Raikonen back in thier team. He would bring lots of knowledge and experience of driving the Ferrari to the Sauber team which really help them get the most from their Ferrari powertrain.

Mia 01
11th September 2018, 13:21
This is good news both for Kimi and Leclerc. I´m so happy for Kimis sake, now he would be the No 1 in the team, and don´t be suprise, he will be on the podium next year to.

Nitrodaze
11th September 2018, 14:24
This is good news both for Kimi and Leclerc. I´m so happy for Kimis sake, now he would be the No 1 in the team, and don´t be suprise, he will be on the podium next year to.

I agree, l think Kimi would be relieved to finally depart Ferrari.

N. Jones
11th September 2018, 14:26
I also think it is cool that Kimi will retire with the team he started with. Maybe end up part owner too is what I hear.

zako85
12th September 2018, 12:35
Exciting news. Would love to see a repeat of 2012-2013 for Kimi at Sauber.

Bagwan
12th September 2018, 14:58
Happy for Kimi .
Happy to be able to still watch him race .

Happiest for Mia , who has supported him here through thick and thin .

I expect , because of close ties with the reds , and , because he's still damn fast , that Kimi will move the team forward .

"I know what I'm doing." seems like a good line for right now .

The Black Knight
12th September 2018, 20:42
About time Kimi left Ferrari. He’s been a has been for a longtime now that puts in the odd good performance. The seat in Sauber would be better off filled with Ocon. It’s a shame that he may lose his drive next year while Kimi keeps his.

Tazio
13th September 2018, 02:02
About time Kimi left Ferrari. He’s been a has been for a longtime now that puts in the odd good performance. The seat in Sauber would be better off filled with Ocon. It’s a shame that he may lose his drive next year while Kimi keeps his.Instead of just being Vettel's bitch, he'll be half the grids bitch, and Max will be really rude to him!:smash::spinhead::laugh::wave:

airshifter
13th September 2018, 12:10
I guess Ferrari are going to roll those dice on Leclerc. I think it shows how the team has changed, and hopefully it will work out well for them.

As for Kimi being a has been, he's in 3rd in the WDC even though he has 3 DNFs this season. Being that he is the old man of F1 at this point, not too shabby considering both those above him in points are only at 1 DNF each. Considering some of the poor calls by Ferrari he's not doing that bad. It will be interesting to see if he can help Sauber with the car, and maybe bring that thing up in the field some.

Koz
13th September 2018, 16:02
Instead of just being Vettel's bitch, he'll be half the grids bitch, and Max will be really rude to him!:smash::spinhead::laugh::wave:

I reckon it's the wife behind it. She'll be Sauber's CEO by 2021 at the latest.

Nitrodaze
13th September 2018, 22:00
Clearly the desire to race is still very strong in Kimi. He has nothing whatsoever to prove. He is a world champion, l think it is time to just enjoy racing for the next two years and retire after that if he wishes. I personally thought he would end up in Haas, but the Sauber was no slouch this season with more top ten finishes than most thought they would be capable of at the beginning of the season.
2019 would be a duel between Haas and Sauber for the most successful Ferrari powered customer team of 2919. I think Sauber is gunning for best of the rest or at least top five of the 2019 constructors championship. This would be a battle between Renault, Haas and Sauber, but l have a feeling that Force India and Williams; possibly Mclaren but l am not so sure with Alonso gone, may improve enough over the winter to make this fight a huge task for the favorite midfield teams. 2019 is looking like it might be as interesting as this season or even better.

I wonder where Redbull would end up in all of this?