PDA

View Full Version : Have Nico Rosberg's flowers to Lewis' apartment arrived yet?

Jag_Warrior
7th September 2018, 01:08
Considering their once toxic relationship, I was truly amazed at the loving words that Nico had for Lewis after the race in Monza. Seriously. We get the Sky broadcast by way of ESPN here. And although I was also impressed by Lewis' race, I didn't expect Rosberg to gush THAT much about Hammy's exploits and standing in the F1 world.

Anyway, good on Nico. Maybe this was his attempt to (further) bury the hatchet and reconnect with his old childhood pal.

Nico Rosberg hailed Lewis Hamilton’s victory at the Italian Grand Prix as an epic drive, perhaps the reigning world champion’s best ever race in Formula 1 and suggested that the performance at Monza on Sunday is why the Mercedes driver is one of the greatest of all time.

(https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/09/04/rosberg-it-was-an-epic-drive-from-lewis/)

Nitrodaze
7th September 2018, 11:43
Considering their once toxic relationship, I was truly amazed at the loving words that Nico had for Lewis after the race in Monza. Seriously. We get the Sky broadcast by way of ESPN here. And although I was also impressed by Lewis' race, I didn't expect Rosberg to gush THAT much about Hammy's exploits and standing in the F1 world.

Anyway, good on Nico. Maybe this was his attempt to (further) bury the hatchet and reconnect with his old childhood pal.

Nico Rosberg hailed Lewis Hamilton’s victory at the Italian Grand Prix as an epic drive, perhaps the reigning world champion’s best ever race in Formula 1 and suggested that the performance at Monza on Sunday is why the Mercedes driver is one of the greatest of all time.

(https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/09/04/rosberg-it-was-an-epic-drive-from-lewis/)

I suppose, it is also nice to be able to say "I beat the greatest of all time". That said, it was a truely brilliant race which l thoroughly enjoyed watching.

N4D13
7th September 2018, 18:27
I wouldn't read too much into that. Time heals many wounds and on top of that, they're not rivals anymore, so there's no reason to keep it bitter.

Remember, for instance, how Senna famously hugged Prost in their last race together and how Prost was one of the pallbearers in Senna's funeral. So after having seen that, this I don't find surprising at all.

Jag_Warrior
8th September 2018, 21:03
True enough. Even Hamilton and Alonso seem to have (somewhat) gotten over their issues. Although their differing state of affairs probably makes that a bit easier. Weber and Vettel, I don't know about - same with Mario Andretti and Nigel Mansell. I just don't know. And while Senna and Prost seemed to bury the hatchet, I'm not sure about Senna and Piquet - but that rift was more of a personal, off-track thing than about racing. But anyway, in the heat of battle, it's easy to see how bitterness can grow. Once one or the other, or both are done, I think it's good that people can just be... well, people.

N. Jones
10th September 2018, 17:31
I wouldn't read too much into that. Time heals many wounds and on top of that, they're not rivals anymore, so there's no reason to keep it bitter.

Remember, for instance, how Senna famously hugged Prost in their last race together and how Prost was one of the pallbearers in Senna's funeral. So after having seen that, this I don't find surprising at all.

I was going to say the same thing. Well said.

journeyman racer
26th September 2018, 13:53

My observation is Sky paying Rosberg for analysis after diminishing him for 3 seasons. What a fairweather broadcasting team.