PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull: Vettel is "OURS" in 2009 !

Giuseppe F1
8th May 2007, 16:47
FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!!! :)

Who would you say is in the stronger position?

Who would Vettel best mast his colours to - BMW have the faster car and better working team at the moment, Red Bull have $$$ and Newey?

I think contractually, Red Bull are in the better position as Vettel is still a Red Bull property and simply on loan to BMW - I guess BMWs chance of keeping him comes down to whether they convince Sebastian himself to severe his Red Bull ties.

Sebastian Vettel represents the TRUEST example of a F1 affiliated junior driver, more so even than Hamilton/McLaren as Red Bull have literally supported him from the very start of his kart career - its only fair I guess that they now reap the rewards of that investment and loyalty.

Personally, I would like Vettel to cut out a successfull career at BMW.

================================================== ====

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070508153355.shtml

Red Bull wants Sebastian Vettel for 2009
''We have parked him for four years with BMW''
08/05/07 15:33

Sebastian Vettel could be the subject of a contractual tug-of-war in the not too distant future.

The 19-year-old teenager is fascinatingly also legally bound to Red Bull, and wears the energy drink company's colours on his helmet, despite currently testing for BMW Sauber and being tipped for a bright future with the Hinwil based squad.

But while he is known in the paddock for enjoying the affection of BMW boss Mario Theissen, billionaire mogul Dietrich Mateschitz insisted this week that Vettel is likely to be in a Red Bull or Scuderia Toro Rosso cockpit in 2009.

"We have parked him for four years with BMW," the Austrian told Motorsport Aktuell magazine.

"We say he is our driver, BMW say he is theirs. There are contracts, and if we do the right things, he will be with us in 2009."

Source GMM
CAPSIS International

baker
8th May 2007, 20:40
Sounds to me like Red Bull want to make sure that BMW will have to pay top dollar to secure Vettel's services as a race driver. It must be good for Vettel's ego to have two teams apparently fighting over him.

gm99
9th May 2007, 21:13
FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!!! :)

Sebastian Vettel represents the TRUEST example of a F1 affiliated junior driver, more so even than Hamilton/McLaren as Red Bull have literally supported him from the very start of his kart career - its only fair I guess that they now reap the rewards of that investment and loyalty.

I would never mention the words "Red Bull" and "loyalty" in the same sentence - RB (and in particular their director of motorsports, Dr. Helmut Marko) have probably destroyed more drivers' careers than anyone else in F1. Basically, they build up certain drivers (Enrique Bernoldi & Christian Klien come to my mind here, as do Patrick Friesacher and former German F.BMW champion Hannes Lachinger) to a degree that they alienate others (Sauber in Bernoldi's case, Jag in Klien's) in the paddock, only to suddenly drop them when they don't meet the high expectations placed upon them. Speed and Liuzzi surely are next on their list, as evidenced by the openly displayed
non-committment to their drivers throughout the winter. And instead of promoting their own youngsters to race seats, they give their RBR cockpits to drivers such as DC and Webber with no prior Red Bull history.

Vettel would do well to to sign with BMW and if they could get some money from RB along the way, they should not hesitate to get it while they can.

futuretiger9
9th May 2007, 21:21
Two ambitious, forward-thinking F1 teams, one talented young driver. This could get messy.

Sleeper
9th May 2007, 22:23
It always surprises me that Vettel is so highly regarded despite being beeten in last years Euro F3 championship, and his current team mate in RWS (Russian guy who I cant remember the name of at the moment) is matching him (who is also RB supported I believe).

Hawkmoon
10th May 2007, 04:25
I think BMW offer Vettel a much better future than Red Bull. BMW have come further in 1 and a bit seasons than Red Bull have managed in 2 and a bit and I think BMW are managed much better than Red Bull.

Newey is a non issue if you ask me. His commitment to F1 has to be questioned. He would rather go racing sportscars than go to the US GP. Now his absence will probably have no effect of Red Bull's race but you have to ask whether his mind is 100% on the job.

Valve Bounce
10th May 2007, 07:15
The article even suggests that either one or both of Red Bulls current drivers could be dropped at the end of the year for Vettel.

Is he that good?

ArrowsFA1
10th May 2007, 08:15
Is he that good?
No-one knows yet. He's yet another young talent with potential.

jens
10th May 2007, 11:06
Red Bull also seems interested in Kubica:
http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070509111724.shtml

Maybe they are trying to get one of them and if Heidfeld continues beating Kubica, then maybe BMW wouldn't prefer to run with two very young drivers at the same time and so the chance of RB getting one of them is bigger.