PDA

View Full Version : Canadian GP

Bagwan
8th June 2018, 17:36
Oh , how I wish I was going to the race . Maybe next year .

The local boy put a black mark on the wall of champions this morning , and won't be getting that Merc upgrade he was hoping for , so not likely to make too much of a stir at his home race .

Max was fastest , so the Renault plant is improving , but one of the manufacturer's cars stopped out on track , so reliability could be in question .
Good to see the third team in first place , even if it is just first practice .

I don't know who will win , and I like that . This could be a good one .

N4D13
8th June 2018, 18:04
This engine upgrade is going to be critical for quite a few players. Red Bull is supposed to be using this to judge whether to stick with Renault or switch to Honda. And a certain Alonso will also be very interested to see if Renault power can measure up to Merc and Ferrari in order to fuel his title ambitions.

Bagwan
9th June 2018, 12:35
So , Torro Rosso is happy with the upgrade .
Red Bull is still fast .
And Merc is rumoured to have been carrying bags of sand .

Now , can we have a moment of silence for the earth pig that was vapourized by Grosjean's Haas ?
The grass was greener on the other side of the track and he almost made it .
The onboard video footage could only have been worse if the colour of the camera splatter was redder . Little wonder it didn't make it to the world feed .

N4D13
9th June 2018, 18:57
McLaren 14th and 15th in Q1, behind Leclerc's Sauber.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Alonso failed to stay with McLaren until the end of the season. I would imagine that he'll see the season out, but I sure as hell don't see him in F1 after this year.

Starter
9th June 2018, 19:51
So , Torro Rosso is happy with the upgrade .
Red Bull is still fast .
And Merc is rumoured to have been carrying bags of sand .

Now , can we have a moment of silence for the earth pig that was vapourized by Grosjean's Haas ?
The grass was greener on the other side of the track and he almost made it .
The onboard video footage could only have been worse if the colour of the camera splatter was redder . Little wonder it didn't make it to the world feed .
The ground hogs on Ile Notre Dame have always been a problem. A few years ago I had a whole family sneak under the guardrail to where I was standing - only to find no opening on my side so they crossed back. Fortunately it was early in the session, so few cars were on track.

Starter
9th June 2018, 19:55
Anybody care to post qualifying results? It was shown on one of the ESPN sub channels that aren't part of my cable package.

airshifter
9th June 2018, 19:59
Starting grid
Driver Grid

S. Vettel
Ferrari·#5

V. Bottas
Mercedes·#77

M. Verstappen
Red Bull·#33

L. Hamilton
Mercedes·#44

K. Räikkönen
Ferrari·#7

D. Ricciardo
Red Bull·#3

N. Hülkenberg
Renault·#27

E. Ocon
Force India·#31

C. Sainz Jr.
Renault·#55

S. Pérez
Force India·#11

K. Magnussen
Haas·#20

B. Hartley
Toro Rosso·#28

C. Leclerc
Sauber·#16

F. Alonso
McLaren·#14

S. Vandoorne
McLaren·#2

P. Gasly
Toro Rosso·#10

L. Stroll
Williams·#18

S. Sirotkin
Williams·#35

M. Ericsson
Sauber·#9

R. Grosjean
Haas·#8

I was just looking online, my package no longer had the ESPN channel with quali either....

Starter
9th June 2018, 23:47
Starting grid
I was just looking online, my package no longer had the ESPN channel with quali either....
Thanks

Tazio
10th June 2018, 17:57
Here's hoping for an exciting race for a change. The top six seem pretty well matched.
The first corner should be very interesting. I hope I'm not disappointed! :mark:

truefan72
10th June 2018, 18:53
Ridiculous by lance stroll. Smh

Tazio
10th June 2018, 19:00
yup!

N4D13
10th June 2018, 20:32
Well, that was one extremely dull race. Fitting that it should end right before bedtime, at least for those of us in Europe. :p

Duncan
10th June 2018, 21:33
Monaco: We have the most boring race on the calendar!
Canada: Hold my beer

Starter
11th June 2018, 01:18
A shout out to a marshal friend of mine, Lou Gianella, who got world wide face time during clean up for the 1st lap incident.

COD
11th June 2018, 12:21
Radical changes neede for the cars aero. Stupid that overtaking is nearly impossible anywhere

Bagwan
11th June 2018, 16:01
Ridiculous by lance stroll. Smh

He had moved up three places , one of them Hartley's , when he suffered from the horrible handling this car has and collided with Brendan , trying it around the outside .
So , Lance had had a good start , but , realistically , it was the only time he'd likely be able to move up , so he was a pretty desperate guy in the grand scheme of things .

But , Hartley's own situation is far more desperate , having been passed by a "pay driver punk" driving a piece of crap on the first lap while having read this past week that his seat was on offer to another driver .

Winning it on the first lap only really applies in Monaco , and Hartley just wasn't wise to go there .
Stroll was the one to lose it , but Brendan lost it , too , through his own choice .

Picking off a Williams car , at this point , shouldn't be too hard if you wait for a better place to do it .

So , if it was "ridiculous" by Stroll , then perhaps "ludicrous" might apply for Hartley ?

N. Jones
12th June 2018, 01:45
Sadly boring race, a first for me. Not sure I can place blame on the crash. Other than that, on to France!

journeyman racer
13th June 2018, 13:11
Important to note that Bottas was clearly better than Hamilton this weekend. It's days like those ones where Hamilton also benefited from driving the best car. In previous years, an off form day meant he still finished 2nd and would concede fewer points.

On the other hand, it highlights why Hamilton is justified in being considered better than Bottas, aside from prejudiced pov. In the 21 races held, if the head to head score was Bottas 11-10. In those 10 races Hamilton beats Bottas, he'd get 7-8 wins, whereas Bottas would look like getting 2-4 wins. That's the difference between the two of them, and what Bottas has to overcome to be taken as a premier F1 driver.