PDA

View Full Version : eWRC.com

Sulland
7th June 2018, 21:03
Like that eWRC now has tyres in their results in Sardinia this year.
Are teams reporting in type of tyre per stage somewhere?

More updates in the pipeline?

KKS
7th June 2018, 21:54
useful information yes, but now stage and overall tables are like rainbows :/

Essaj
7th June 2018, 22:03

And since WRC cars just use Michelins it's seems bit pointless. Decent update on other events tho but it looks confusing currently.

PLuto
8th June 2018, 00:07
I also thinks it is pointless. Especially when there is no rule that you must use one brand for whole race. So there are events/crews, where they are trying to do part of rally on one brand and other on different brand. I also know the situation, when the car has stickers on the car for example Dmack, but tyres are without stickers and originally for example Pirelli...

stefanvv
8th June 2018, 08:13

The banners are really standing up, perhaps they could be smaller, it'll look better.

Andre Oliveira
8th June 2018, 11:52
We will adjust them when our boss came from Sardinia. Thanks for the feedback.

A FONDO
8th June 2018, 13:56
Those tyre banners should be shown in entry lists and starting order only.

PLuto
8th June 2018, 14:38
Those tyre banners should be shown in entry lists and starting order only.

Or nowhere. As it is usually worthless and inaccurate.

Sulland
22nd June 2018, 17:48
Is there a way to search for the latest added new cars in the database?

Kaps
25th June 2018, 14:33
Why is the entrant name for Hyundai changed from Hyundai Shell Mobis WRT back to Hyundai Motorsport for Sardegna and Finland?

Just a mistake, or they really changed the official team name?

Andre Oliveira
25th June 2018, 19:07
@Sulland: Right now no, but i will tell boss.

@Kaps: Fixed.

Kaps
25th June 2018, 19:16
Thanks Andre!

Fast Eddie WRC
7th March 2019, 16:15
These guys are fundraising and are 73% funded with 5 days to go. If you use their site please give them your support. Thanks.

https://www.ewrc-results.com/index.php

tommeke_B
7th March 2019, 16:24
Already supported, as a lot of other forum members by quickly watching the list. For their effort, the guys behind this deserve everything that's coming their way!

Fast Eddie WRC
7th March 2019, 16:25
I donated last year and have just done so again.

https://www.ewrc-results.com/donate/

Micke_VOC
7th March 2019, 20:43
I did the same now, donated also last year and now again. Keep up the good work eWRC !!

Andre Oliveira
7th March 2019, 22:33
In name of entire team: BIG THANKS.

maailmameister
8th March 2019, 06:15
Done!

Andre Oliveira
20th January 2021, 15:12
Hi guys, take a look on our new website for sales of rally cars and rally parts. We welcome your feedback. Free of charge till end of february ;)

www.ewrc-market.com

Fast Eddie WRC
26th April 2021, 19:37
Donations needed:
https://www.ewrc-results.com/donate/

bomber21
26th April 2021, 19:44
We must support,ewrc is a treasure for us rally fans.

Rallyper
27th April 2021, 10:02
It´s quite strange. I don´t want to mix in Pay Pal, just donate by MasterCard function. But donation seems not to pass without creating Pay Pal account and pw... Dodgy..

Fast Eddie WRC
27th April 2021, 10:49
It´s quite strange. I don´t want to mix in Pay Pal, just donate by MasterCard function. But donation seems not to pass without creating Pay Pal account and pw... Dodgy..

Cant you just click on 'Pay by Card' ?

Rallyper
27th April 2021, 12:49
Cant you just click on 'Pay by Card' ?

Did. But that Pay Pal asking thing showed up anyway...

Will try again later.

Fast Eddie WRC
27th April 2021, 12:52
Did. But that Pay Pal asking thing showed up anyway...

Will try again later.

Page seems to be 'Powered by Paypal' but it let me go to pay with my card.

Paypal is safe though.. used it for many years.

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd June 2021, 11:45
eWRC-results @eWRCresults

Thanks to 600 supporters we funded 62% of the requested amount. We really appreciated it, but it is ONLY 62%. For us it's an important signal that the current financial model is wrong and we have to prepare some model with very limited free access.

Full access will be for subscribers only. We are NOT happy about it, but the hard work we are doing daily for the rally community is not valued. Or maybe it is, but we need to feel your support.

mknight
2nd June 2021, 13:50
While I am also a bit surprised they didn't get enough funds there were also issues with the donation platform. For me it was impossible to use credit card until I manually changed browser settings, no matter what browser I used. The worst part was that everything looked ok until the very end and then the payment failed. It certainly does not inspire confidence/thrust when you enter all credit card details and confirm the payment using your banks authentication solution and then suddenly you get an error.

Anyway something like a yearly subscription service for say 20-50 euro with limited number of logins for free could work.
The main issue probably is that it should be some robust and simple to use authenticating platform.

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd June 2021, 14:31
No excuses. I think its that most people just expect every website to be free.

eWRC.com gets millions of unique visitors yet only 600 put in a donation.

Rallyper
2nd June 2021, 14:44
Finally I succeeded in giving my share via Pay-Pal.

They´re worth every cent.

TypeR
2nd June 2021, 16:43
Pretty rude and impolite to say that 62% (now already 81%) is ONLY and they don't feel support from fans..
especially to them, who have already donated..

lmmjvss
2nd June 2021, 17:08
No excuses. I think its that most people just expect every website to be free.
eWRC.com gets millions of unique visitors yet only 600 put in a donation.

So true. Just look at how many posts on youtube and FB comments section saying: "Hey, You must upload this full event for free on youtube for us". (racing, soccer, concerts, tv shows, documentaries, movies...)

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd June 2021, 17:24
Pretty rude and impolite to say that 62% (now already 81%) is ONLY and they don't feel support from fans..

The percentages refer to how much of the target had been reached. 61% received meant they were still well short of money despite asking for help for months.

I didnt feel this reaction was rude when so few of the users had donated. And as a donor I understood this wasnt aimed at me.

the sniper
2nd June 2021, 19:01

I've donated every year, but every year I smile at the, how should I say, to the point, wording used for the appeal. I don't think there's anything rude about it, as I think there's just a bit of nuance lost in translation.

I agreed with the one tweet that they put out though, given how the site is obviously used widely by the rallying 'industry', it's kind of ridiculous that us fans are chipping in a good amount of money yet many people making a living out the sport seemingly aren't.

EDIT: Spoke too soon, noticed a big jump up to 99%, Ott Tänak and Thierry Neuville amongst the latest donors. :D

mknight
2nd June 2021, 19:29
It would seem that more publicity was what was needed and not a more reliable payment solution as I thought.

bomber21
2nd June 2021, 19:37
101% funded!

AnttiL
3rd June 2021, 06:57
115% funded now with at least Fourmaux, Tänak, Neuville, Ogier, Katsuta, Breen and Sordo having donated.

cali
3rd June 2021, 08:23
115% funded now with at least Fourmaux, Tänak, Neuville, Ogier, Katsuta, Breen and Sordo having donated.Great news and great support from rallying stars

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

EstWRC
3rd June 2021, 08:27
also Evans and Paul Nagle on the list now, from Estonia i see many ex drivers and co-drivers

krisgerhard
3rd June 2021, 16:00
I was refreshing the donation list a bit after my donation and saw the percentage jump by about 5% after Tänak and few others made a donation. If he really did put ~1000 euros on there wow... Legend 😊

Andre Oliveira
3rd June 2021, 18:28
Ogier talked with other drivers to help us. Obviously i will not say the amount, but the champ made a lot for us.

In name of eWRC-results.com team i thank you all of you for the help to keep the project alive.

seb_sh
7th June 2021, 08:25
To my shame I only donated last month for the first time but happy to hear the website is ok for now. The thing is people expect things for free on the internet but it's never free, it's either ads or selling your data or something. I prefer to pay for something directly and get a quality thing or service.

Fast Eddie WRC
7th June 2021, 13:48
Ogier talked with other drivers to help us. Obviously i will not say the amount, but the champ made a lot for us.

In name of eWRC-results.com team i thank you all of you for the help to keep the project alive.

It's only right that we support you as your work is so valuable.

And also that the drivers help too - many times they have been seen using eWRC results instead of the official ones. It's that good.

dimviii
7th June 2021, 15:27
eWRC-results
@eWRCresults
·
5h
We successfully closed our fundraising campaign 2021. Thanks to your strong support (1423 supporters so far) mainly in the last days we funded 140% of the requested amount. Thank you again! List of all supporters ➡ https://ewrc-results.com/donate/

lmmjvss
9th June 2021, 13:46
So many Czechs donating. Rallying is so big in that country. Idk why WRC doesnt have a round there.
Biggest national autocross championship too, but euroAX have TWO races over there.

Mirek
9th June 2021, 19:22
So many Czechs donating. Rallying is so big in that country. Idk why WRC doesnt have a round there.
Biggest national autocross championship too, but euroAX have TWO races over there.

Ewrc is Czech site. It's natural that there is relatively high number of donors from CZ when the website publishes articles in Czech language which are in their majority related to the Czech rally scene.

For me the percentage of foreign donors is more surprising.

the sniper
10th June 2021, 01:06
For me the percentage of foreign donors is more surprising.

It surprises me what seems to be a high percentage of Germans and Brits that donate. Okay, big populations/wealth, but I wouldn't consider either (nowadays*) to be core rallying nations. Do the likes of France and Italy just have alternative homegrown sites?

*Though there is a large legacy audience in the UK which eWRC serves too.

wyler
11th June 2021, 08:04
It surprises me what seems to be a high percentage of Germans and Brits that donate. Okay, big populations/wealth, but I wouldn't consider either (nowadays*) to be core rallying nations. Do the likes of France and Italy just have alternative homegrown sites?

*Though there is a large legacy audience in the UK which eWRC serves too.

afaik for Italy, there's the national timekeeper association website for regional rallies (they do the time service in all Italian races).
(imho worst than ewrc)

Andre Oliveira
18th May 2022, 08:10
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_banners/1314816266/1652865416/1500x500

https://dirtfish.com/rally/ewrc/dirtfish-announces-partnership-with-ewrc%E2%80%91results/

Kenneth
18th May 2022, 08:33
Wow huge news! Cg to ewrc

er88
18th May 2022, 08:56
Brilliant news. And for all the criticism Dirtfish gets on here at times, overall they've been great for the WRC

Fast Eddie WRC
18th May 2022, 10:03
Such great news and highly-deserved support at last for this amazing rally service.

Thanks to Dirtfish and to Andrea Adamo for helping it happen.

EstWRC
18th May 2022, 10:45
This is great news!

Congrats to everybody involved in this

AnttiL
18th May 2022, 11:02
Great to have the site backed financially, congrats!

Fast Eddie WRC
19th May 2022, 09:55
https://dirtfish.com/rally/ewrc/how-the-dirtfish-ewrc-deal-was-agreed/

seb_sh
19th May 2022, 11:31
congrats!

Sulland
7th January 2023, 07:51
eWRC results say on their website that planned starts and updates to their databases newer than 1 week only are for Premium customers.

But have anyone found out where we can become a premium customer?

AnttiL
9th February 2023, 13:35
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoiF18PWIAAJ8yj?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoiEFE6XoAUdNOu?format=jpg&name=large

TypeR
9th February 2023, 13:47
good luck with these prices..

ictus
9th February 2023, 14:36
good luck with these prices..

yeah... it's almost the same as for WRC+

Corcaíoch
9th February 2023, 15:53
It seems to be gone from the website now and the tweet has been deleted?
Hopefully a rethinking of prices, I understand the site can't run for free and am willing to pay but €8 is a bit much in my opinion.

BBman
10th February 2023, 16:31
Those prices are at least twice the amount that it should have been, in order to actually get a good number of subscriptions.

NOT
10th February 2023, 22:33
LOL.. i mean its an amazing database... and well done and all that,

but they have to realise that the amount of people autistic enough with rallying to pay 8 for database access is not that big...

Doon
11th February 2023, 09:07
It's a brilliant website, and many hours must be spent keeping it up to date, but it seems like a hobby that has turned into a business. The majority of the site is still free, and I doubt many people will see the value in the additional content.

drive
11th February 2023, 20:51
wrc+ 100eur year
ewrc 8 eur per month...

hmmm.... at least one price is wrong...

seb_sh
11th February 2023, 21:27
most people will be fine with the free tier, no? so if you want to geek out for a month sure, or if you're somehow working in the rally world it makes sense

MartinH3000
12th February 2023, 06:08
LOL.. i mean its an amazing database... and well done and all that,

but they have to realise that the amount of people autistic enough with rallying to pay 8 for database access is not that big...

Would you stop with the ‘Autistic’ comments please? You’ve obviously no idea what Autism is about.

Sulland
20th February 2023, 18:07
Have anyone here subscribed with any of the options?

NOT
21st February 2023, 00:56
Would you stop with the ‘Autistic’ comments please?

no

Rallyper
21st February 2023, 12:25

No. I´d rather fund them with some 10-20 Euros a year. Did that before...

satnav
21st February 2023, 20:24

No..... I have donated for the past few years and i've also supplied them with details for the database that they now are looking for payment to access.........

Myrvold
21st February 2023, 21:57

Nope.

bwallace
22nd February 2023, 14:51

nop

Norm75
22nd February 2023, 16:54
no

Autism. Repeating the same shit over and over to the point of fanaticism. It is a trait you seem to display, have you thought about being tested for it.

Edit: before anyone gets their knickers in a twist about my comment, I am autistic. You crack on NOT, I don’t give a fuck but it makes you sound like a bell end.

MartinH3000
22nd February 2023, 19:07
no

Oh…. What’s it like to be a miserable asshole? It must be cool to be you.

Kenneth
22nd February 2023, 19:29
I honestly don't get that subscription model... Like 95 % of user have no use for the 8€ premium features. On top of that, no ad is 7 more euro. It doesn't make sense to me, I think that opposite would be better. I'm sure that there is a lot of users who would subscribe for like 5€ just to get no ads. Even 8€ would be ok. But 15 € for no ad and bunch of features that most of people don't need?

Idk, maybe eWRC guys did their research, but it doesn't make much sense to me.

the sniper
22nd February 2023, 20:30
I imagine the idea is that they were looking to mainly charge the user base who are making business use of eWRC, such as those who buy and sell cars. There are relatively few of those though, so the charge is relatively high and but those types could easily afford it, while leaving the majority of the site free for the vast majority of the audience. If they're planning on getting a lot of subscribers, their strategy looks to be off though.

Whatever the intention, eWRC has always has seemed to struggle with communicating its position with its audience, it normally feels like some nuance is missing in its messaging, like something is lost in translation.