PDA

View Full Version : Alonso to race full WEC season after Fuji moved to accommodate him.

yodasarmpit
9th February 2018, 19:15
Alonso to race full WEC season after Fuji moved to accommodate him, wow.
moved
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/43009816

Tazio
10th February 2018, 01:41
Space!

The date change means the Fuji race now clashes with a sports car race in the IMSA series in the USA, in which some of the drivers in the WEC are racing.

Neveu said IMSA "fully understood" the situation and Alonso hoped it would be able to move the date of that race.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/43009816
Fred is money in the bank! :dork:

zako85
10th February 2018, 16:07
WEC organizers finally realize what makes F1 racing better than WEC. People care about F1 far more than about WEC with its free-spec engine formula. People follow F1 to see the epic battles between Alonso, Hamilton, and Vettel. Now WEC admits this and makes and extreme accommodation for Alonso.

N4D13
11th February 2018, 18:54
I think this is very nasty towards the drivers who now won't be able to take part in the Fuji race. It's very good for Alonso and his new employers, Toyota, who also happen to own Fuji Speedway... but not so very nice for pretty much everyone else in the sport.

zako85
18th February 2018, 15:22
not so very nice for pretty much everyone else in the sport.

I disagree. Alonso's participation in WEC raises the profile of WEC racing and, therefore, helps to attract more sponsors, teams, and drivers to the sport. The drivers or teams that will possibly miss this one race would have never accomplished that.

The Black Knight
19th February 2018, 12:20
I disagree. Alonso's participation in WEC raises the profile of WEC racing and, therefore, helps to attract more sponsors, teams, and drivers to the sport. The drivers or teams that will possibly miss this one race would have never accomplished that.

Maybe not but I hope any driver that misses out financially sues. This is a disgraceful decision. No way should a race be moved to cater for one driver without all other competitors consent, I don’t care who or how good he may be. That’s Not to mention the fans that have probably lost out on airline fees and booking expenses due to this decision.