PDA

View Full Version : Jwrc 2018

KiwiWRCfan
13th December 2017, 06:40
Entrants for 2018 JWRC are expected to be announced on Friday December 15th.
Link to what 2018 JWRC involves https://rallysportmag.com/changes-2018-jwrc/
Key points include
5 rounds - Sweden, Corsica, Portugal, Finland and Turkey
139,500 euros for 5 events
Results from 4 out 5 events will count
Usual WRC points 1st = 25, 2nd = 18, 3rd = 15 etc.
Double points for Turkey
One point for each JWRC stage win
Winner of 2018 Junior WRC will win a new Ford Fiesta R5 with a supply of Pirelli tyres

dupanton
13th December 2017, 08:03
Winner of 2018 Junior WRC will win a new Ford Fiesta R5 with a supply of Pirelli tyres

Win as in, they get a car for free? Or they can do a WRC2 program in a Ford Fiesta R5 (for free)?

Tarmop
13th December 2017, 08:38
They get the registration papers so yes, a very nice "trophy". Pirelli also supplies the winner with free tyres for all 7 wrc2 events, pays registration and fuel is free. The car will be the new Fiesta mk8 R5 if i remember correctly.

M-Sport: "As well as their very own Fiesta R5, the champion will also receive free WRC 2 registration as well as free fuel and a generous tyre package for the 2019 WRC 2 season."

pantealex
13th December 2017, 09:04
If you count some amount to experience (5 WRC events) this JWRC is maybe cheapest way to buy new model FIESTA R5.

dupanton
13th December 2017, 10:20
The costs are quite high, but if you can win you get a very nice price!

AnttiL
13th December 2017, 10:42
This is also the cheapest way to get your driving footage to the WRC broadcasts or your name and picture on the wrc homepage.

https://twitter.com/MSportLtd/status/940275499305177089 here you can see some of the contenders at the M-Sport Poland factory. There's a scene with their badges on the table, including Callum Devine, Jesse Turunen, Josh Mc???lean, Joseph Matar, Jani Luhtaniemi, Dave Holder, Rodolphe Asmar

dupanton
13th December 2017, 11:33
Only one I know is Callum Devine. Saw him in Ypres and was impressed by his speed, I think he had a change for the title!

AnttiL
13th December 2017, 11:40
Only one I know is Callum Devine. Saw him in Ypres and was impressed by his speed, I think he had a change for the title!

Jesse Turunen drove a Hyundai R5 this year in the Finnish championship, best position 4th.

giù tutto!
13th December 2017, 11:53
This was the meeting for anyone who is interested about the JWRC. Arranged by M-Sport Poland and Pirelli. There is a difference to be interested and to be a contender, approximately 200 000 reasons I guess...

WRC1
13th December 2017, 13:31
Julian Wagner (austrian 2wd champ 2017) is also in that video...

Munkvy
13th December 2017, 22:15
This is also the cheapest way to get your driving footage to the WRC broadcasts or your name and picture on the wrc homepage.

https://twitter.com/MSportLtd/status/940275499305177089 here you can see some of the contenders at the M-Sport Poland factory. There's a scene with their badges on the table, including Callum Devine, Jesse Turunen, Josh Mc???lean, Joseph Matar, Jani Luhtaniemi, Dave Holder, Rodolphe Asmar

David Holder is from NZ - 2016 national champion in an Evo (Paddons old one). He started rallying in a Toyota Levin, then was national 2WD champ in an early Fiesta, so has some pedigree in 2WD. But no prior international experience.

This year he has driven the Hyundai AP4 in 2 rounds and a local manufacturers in 2 rounds too(Holden Barina AP4), as well as a very old GC8 Subaru. So not a dedicated campaign, as he looks to be focused on his international future. He could have some great potential, however not sure if he has any tarmac experience.

GravelBen
13th December 2017, 23:06
David Holder is from NZ - 2016 national champion in an Evo (Paddons old one). He started rallying in a Toyota Levin, then was national 2WD champ in an early Fiesta, so has some pedigree in 2WD. But no prior international experience.

This year he has driven the Hyundai AP4 in 2 rounds and a local manufacturers in 2 rounds too(Holden Barina AP4), as well as a very old GC8 Subaru. So not a dedicated campaign, as he looks to be focused on his international future. He could have some great potential, however not sure if he has any tarmac experience.

No real tarmac experience that I know of, from his media comments he is planning to play it pretty safe on the unfamiliar snow and tarmac rounds to gain some experience and push a bit more on the gravel.

KiwiWRCfan
15th December 2017, 20:38
seems announcement of confirmed JWRC 2018 entries is not happening on expected date of December 15th .

KiwiWRCfan
15th December 2017, 22:55
Junior BRC champion Callum Devine has told a local paper he is 95% certain he will be in JWRC 2018 https://www.derrynow.com/sport/motorsport-devine-weighs-move-world-championship/199788

garais22
17th December 2017, 20:55
ERC star Ralfs Sirmacis likely will drive in JWRC
http://www.go4speed.lv/lv/news/wrc/7490-sirmacis-simins-apsver-iespeju-nakamgad-startet-pasaules-rallija-cempionata/

KiwiWRCfan
18th December 2017, 02:08
Norway's Steve Røkland is another possible driver

skarderud
18th December 2017, 06:00
Norway's Steve Røkland is another possible driverYes, he is trying to get together a budget at least:)
Steve is a potensial champion i think.

Sent fra min XP7700 via Tapatalk

pantealex
18th December 2017, 08:38
David Holder is in
Jesse Turunen is out (maybe his own will, not kicked out by M-Sport)

EstWRC
18th December 2017, 09:54
couple of estonians should be hunting the seat too...one of them being Ken Torn

RICARDO75
19th December 2017, 15:21
8 entries so far
http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/fiesta-r2/first-selection-for-2018-fia-junior-world-rally-championship

(New Zealand) David Holder
(Latvia) Ralf Sirmacis ?
(Ireland) Callum Devine ?
(GB) Nabila Tejpar ?
(Chile) ???
(Italy) ???
(Italy) ???
(Sweden) ???

pantealex
19th December 2017, 15:38
http://www.wrc.com/en/jwrc/news/2017/december/jwrc-entries/page/5084--52-52-.html

Story about same thing in WRC.com

I would say Dennis Rådström from Sweden and have read that Chile name somewhere.

edit. Jani Luhtaniemi is also out, he announced that he will continue in Finnish Championship with Fiesta 1.0T

pantealex
2nd January 2018, 15:20
Summary:

Confirmed:
Theo Chalal France
Dennis Rådström Sweden
David Holder New-Zealand

Strong candidates:
Umberto Accornero Italy
Emilio Fernandez Chile

and we also know that there is driver from
Italy
Latvia
Ireland
GreatBritain

Total 9 drivers now.

PLuto
2nd January 2018, 16:18
Latvia is Ralfs Sirmacis
Ireland should be Callum Devine

EstWRC
15th January 2018, 09:37
Great news this morning, estonian Ken Torn is also taking part with co-driver Kuldar Sikk!

Rallyper
15th January 2018, 11:19
Rumours that another Swede will join. Stepping down from higher level. Don´t know who, but like to guess it´s ...

dupanton
15th January 2018, 11:32
Rumours that another Swede will join. Stepping down from higher level. Don´t know who, but like to guess it´s ...

Bergkvist?

Rallyper
15th January 2018, 11:44
Bergkvist?

You said it first. (But my guess also) Let´s wait and see the truth of the rumour.

EstWRC
16th January 2018, 09:25
It is truth https://t.co/VcTVcx2pwk

RS
16th January 2018, 09:30
It is truth https://t.co/VcTVcx2pwk

Two wasted years..

pantealex
16th January 2018, 10:30
Tom Williams has entered to Sweden with Fiesta in WRC3, so probably also to JWRC

Simmi
16th January 2018, 11:35
JWRC actually looking pretty decent this year. Really hope it doesn't fall apart mid-season like sometimes happens. Bergkvist may have struggled in WRC2 but his experience will be an advantage.

Jarek Z
16th January 2018, 11:56
It's a huge step back for Emil Bergkvist, isn't it?

RICARDO75
16th January 2018, 11:57
2018 JWRC drivers:
David Holder
Ralf Sirmacis
Callum Devine
Tom Williams
Emilio Fernàndes
Julius Tannert
Ken Torn
Dennis Rådström
Theo Chalal
Emil Bergkvist
Enrico Oldrati
Terry Folb

Possible:
Jean-Baptiste Franceschi
Julian Wagner
Steve Røkland
Umberto Accornero

Sulland
16th January 2018, 12:16
It's a huge step back for Emil Bergkvist, isn't it?

Going back to a cup-car is imo not a bad idea, after driving a R5 car that on the loose styff is below pari.

Then he will have equal equipment with the opposition. And if he dominates, the carreer could be back on track.

Rallyper
16th January 2018, 12:23
Two wasted years..

Yes, kind of. But not completely. And he can still drive 2WD very fast, clearly shown on appearances in local rallies with high competition.
I totally agree with Hartusvuoris´analysis on Twitter. This is a new fresh restart which hopefully will give him better opportunities in the future.

RS
16th January 2018, 13:02
Yes, kind of. But not completely. And he can still drive 2WD very fast, clearly shown on appearances in local rallies with high competition.
I totally agree with Hartusvuoris´analysis on Twitter. This is a new fresh restart which hopefully will give him better opportunities in the future.

I completely agree with that latter point.

Also, he will have learnt something in the last two years, but on the whole his career has not progresed in that period, perhaps the opposite.

pantealex
16th January 2018, 13:05
2018 JWRC drivers:
David Holder
Ralf Sirmacis
Callum Devine
Tom Williams
Emilio Fernàndes
Julius Tannert
Ken Torn
Dennis Rådström
Theo Chalal
Emil Bergkvist
Enrico Oldrati
Terry Folb

Possible:
Jean-Baptiste Franceschi
Julian Wagner
Steve Røkland
Umberto Accornero

Luca Bottarelli

Bartolbia84
18th January 2018, 18:27
http://www.rallyssimo.it/2018/01/18/j-wrc-intervista-esclusiva-enrico-oldrati/

PLuto
18th January 2018, 19:57
http://www.rallyssimo.it/2018/01/18/j-wrc-intervista-esclusiva-enrico-oldrati/

He really didnt do any rally? And going directly to WRC. If it is true, Danilo Fappani must be crazy...

nafpaktos
18th January 2018, 20:50
Dennis Radstrom is son of Thomas?

AnttiL
18th January 2018, 21:09

Apparently not.

Andre Oliveira
18th January 2018, 21:49
NO.

SubaruNorway
18th January 2018, 22:03

Arne, who has been in the top in the historic class in Sweden with a red Volvo.

mousti
18th January 2018, 22:34
I don't think anyone can do something against Bergkvist. The experience and talent is too much. In 2wd he was crazy fast on all surfaces.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

steve.mandzij
18th January 2018, 22:56
Any news on Solans' future plans?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Andre Oliveira
18th January 2018, 23:05
8 rallies

skarderud
19th January 2018, 18:20
Dennis Radstrom is son of Thomas?Arne Rådström: https://www.facebook.com/RadstromMotorsport/videos/1732327486798640/

macebig
19th January 2018, 18:36
Just learned the news about Bergkvist. If his only other choice was continuing with the geriatric DS3, it's better to run the Fiesta and try to win a better R5 seat.

PLuto
19th January 2018, 18:47
Just learned the news about Bergkvist. If his only other choice was continuing with the geriatric DS3, it's better to run the Fiesta and try to win a better R5 seat.

DS3 should be a good car, if it is well prepared. But I think that Emil needs to make a step back also in terms of his mind. He lost his drive, his fighting mood. He need restart and this should be one of the best ways how to do it. We will see if Ford Fiesta R2T will survive this attempt :)

macebig
19th January 2018, 19:28
DS3 should be a good car, if it is well prepared. But I think that Emil needs to make a step back also in terms of his mind. He lost his drive, his fighting mood. He need restart and this should be one of the best ways how to do it. We will see if Ford Fiesta R2T will survive this attempt :)

DS3 is already the worst R5 car. And with the C3, the Polo and the New Fiesta coming during this season, things will only get worse. No point in going to a Mexican stand off with a knife...

AnttiL
19th January 2018, 21:12
The differences between the R5 cars are probably small, but DS3 sure seems like one of the slowest. It's also one of the oldest? It could also have something to do with the drivers but the last time a DS3 was better than third in WRC2 was Monte Carlo 2015.

skarderud
19th January 2018, 21:17
Just learned the news about Bergkvist. If his only other choice was continuing with the geriatric DS3, it's better to run the Fiesta and try to win a better R5 seat.And his codriver is Ola Fløene, quite good team that is.

steve.mandzij
19th January 2018, 21:35
And his codriver is Ola Fløene, quite good team that is.

Sent fra min XP7700 via TapatalkIronic considering he left Mikkelsen for Ostberg because he thought he'd win the championship that way. Love how that went for him.

AnttiL
19th January 2018, 21:42
Why did Østberg and Fløene split in the end? Money issues?

PLuto
19th January 2018, 22:47
And his codriver is Ola Fløene, quite good team that is.

They were going together few events last year also.

PLuto
19th January 2018, 22:47
Why did Østberg and Fløene split in the end? Money issues?

Maybe Mads thinks that he was slow because of codriver?

Mintexmemory
19th January 2018, 22:52
Ironic considering he left Mikkelsen for Ostberg because he thought he'd win the championship that way. Love how that went for him.

You have that wrong - VW wanted a younger co-driver with Mikkelsen for 'image' reasons, so Ola was politely de-selected

Ostberg clearly ran out of cash so Ola took the best gigs available to him. I don't see it was a matter of pace.

steve.mandzij
19th January 2018, 22:59
You have that wrong - VW wanted a younger co-driver with Mikkelsen for 'image' reasons, so Ola was politely de-selected

Ostberg clearly ran out of cash so Ola took the best gigs available to him. I don't see it was a matter of pace.Oh, sorry. When Ola signed with Ostberg for 2016 I recall reading that he said he thought his partnership with Ostberg would be more fruitful. If the article exists it must have been on wrc.com.

Mintexmemory
19th January 2018, 23:03
Yes he no doubt said that, but wouldn't you say that after you've just been dumped by someone who you've had a partnership with since they were starting out? I think it was all pretty shabby by VW.

AL14
19th January 2018, 23:36
Oh, sorry. When Ola signed with Ostberg for 2016 I recall reading that he said he thought his partnership with Ostberg would be more fruitful. If the article exists it must have been on wrc.com.

He actually said it different.
He already knew he would have left Mikkelsen the year later he left Andreas so he went to Ostberg leaving Mikkelsen one year earlier. He said that he thought to have more chance to win the championship with Ostberg in the next years than with Mikkelsen that (only) year.

steve.mandzij
19th January 2018, 23:38
He actually said it different.
He already knew he would have left Mikkelsen the year later he left Andreas so he went to Ostberg leaving Mikkelsen one year earlier. He said that he thought to have more chance to win the championship with Ostberg in the next years than with Mikkelsen that (only) year.Oooh, there we go. Thanks!

Myrvold
20th January 2018, 00:08
Some additions to Fløene.

It is true that the initial plan was for him to work with Mikkelsen in 2016, and then let Jæger take the place in 2017. Fløene decided to not take on the option he had for 2016, as he would only get one more year there, and maybe not have another chance at the top level, but in the end it didn't work out between him and Østberg.

However, his main ambition for the future is rally-raids, not rally, but he feels that Bergkvist is a big talent, he was in team that was developing Mikkelsen when he started, and was with him through the fatal accident in Norway. He have also worked with Tidemand in JWRC and feels that he can help Bergkvist in the same way. He sees an opportunity in bringing Bergkvist forward again, and in his own words. "He [Bergkvist] have managed to get a Greek guy to help him, he [Serderidis] is the worlds nicest guy, and he sees talent in Emil."

Lastly he gives massive praise to EVEN Management, and is convinced that it is the sporting director of EVEN, Roy Snellingen that is the reason why Fløene is as fit as he is, and still have the right professional mentality to go on. He also says that if there is one thing he regrets, it is leaving EVEN and Mikkelsen before 2016.

Rallyper
21st January 2018, 11:11
However now the good combination of Bergkvist and Floene makes me start pushing for Emil again.

And not to forget Serderidis partnership with Bergkvist. Looking forward to what will come!!

Sulland
21st January 2018, 14:24
However now the good combination of Bergkvist and Floene makes me start pushing for Emil again.

And not to forget Serderidis partnership with Bergkvist. Looking forward to what will come!!

I hope this is a correct move from Bergkvist. Sweden need to get some top drivers again! They need a spearhead coming after Tidemand.

PLuto
14th February 2018, 23:12
I hope this is a correct move from Bergkvist. Sweden need to get some top drivers again! They need a spearhead coming after Tidemand.

This year's Junior World Rally Championship starts this weekend in Rally Sweden. Swedish Emil Bergkvist is set to make his debut in the JWRC, at his fourth straight Rally Sweden. Although it is the first rally in both JWRC and the new car, Ford Fiesta R2T, Emil has high goals.

Emil has run the World Rally Championship in recent years in a four-wheeled Citroen DS3 R5 in the WRC2 class. But after two seasons with great struggle and unsuccessful results, Emil now chooses to take a step back to the junior class in hope of re-finding the joy and fight at the top.

- This feels like the right step in my career. Now I can focus more on myself and my driving than before. We know it's a tough championship, but we have high ambitions and want to fight the title, says Emil.

The Junior-WRC is run by the British Ford Team M-Sport, and all participants drive in identical Ford Fiesta R2T. A new car for Emil, who however, competed a lot in R2 cars earlier. Especially in 2015 when he competed for Opel Motorsport and won the European Championship for Juniors. Emil thinks that the front-wheel drive will fit him well.

– I had a test the in Ford together with Anders Grøndal, and it felt good. So there should be no trouble getting into the car.

Emil and co-driver Ola Fløene have high goals with the season and aim to be in the fight for the title, and to start the season at home, Emil sees an advantage.

– It’s my fourth year running Rally Sweden, and I won the 2015 rally in the R2 class. But it's a tough class with many good drivers, so we are humble about the task, concludes Emil.

Sulland
18th February 2018, 10:34
Its been a good fight between the two swedes in JWRC. Looks like Rådstøm could beat Bergkvist by a few seconds by the end. But they have swapped for the lead a few times since Friday.

Exiting rally for the R2 gang!

PLuto
18th February 2018, 15:32
Nice fight between Radstrom and Bergkvist, but also for third place between Folb and Tannert. Really pity that this fight was really affected by the late attribution of notional times.

EstWRC
18th February 2018, 16:40
really surprised by the performance of Torn, didnt expect it...okay, he had a crash but first time on such a big international level and got 3 stage wins and was 3rd before crash.

Great times ahead i hope.

steve.mandzij
18th February 2018, 23:57
How did Solans do in RC2?

PLuto
19th February 2018, 15:19
How did Solans do in RC2?

Nothing special (especialle because of time on SS 3) - https://rally-base.com/crew-profile/crew-detail/?competitionId=462&crewId=38771&ssGroupId=1&cupId=209

Andre Oliveira
10th October 2018, 20:28
2019 JWRC car?

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2271991216208104&id=124856827588231

https://scontent.fopo3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/43643481_2271966779543881_7054893046818668544_n.jp g?_nc_cat=109&oh=5514013a20ccb00eb2947b7038a5baf8&oe=5C603E2D
https://scontent.fopo3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/43727017_2271967029543856_6822924676365287424_n.jp g?_nc_cat=105&oh=72becb321dd285e2770ec85dcbe03b35&oe=5C5FF80C
https://scontent.fopo3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/43643463_2271967046210521_4746641205197012992_n.jp g?_nc_cat=101&oh=1fac9e29867766dfda7c402b28c088ea&oe=5C5F1796

EstWRC
4th December 2018, 16:11
the new R2

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtlgtmYWsAExSsD.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtlgtmEWwAEvuIf.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtlgtmqXcAEhCXC.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtlgtmxXcAA0_fK.jpg

little video https://twitter.com/davidevansrally/status/1069991021667336199

Andre Oliveira
4th December 2018, 17:12
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dtlvx11WkAEPAqR?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dtlvx2FWwAE3Ydp?format=jpg&name=large

deephouse
4th December 2018, 19:17
This looks amazing. I could say that this car is much more beautiful to eyes (if we could choose by looks) than top machinery.

Mirek
4th December 2018, 19:26
Here is a datasheet with base technical data. It looks like this time it's no cup car but a first ever top spec. R2T car. Engine with 200 Hp @ 6500 and 290 Nm @ 4000 rpm is promissing that this shall be faster than the existing naturally aspirated R2.

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/89553f_1c476ccef4424ad1b24ee5279237d3ea.pdf

I feel jelous... because to make this nice Fiesta they had to remove from it the stuff I worked on :D

Andre Oliveira
4th December 2018, 20:10
https://youtu.be/0t2OvgzWs5c

Andre Oliveira
4th December 2018, 20:28
MK7 R2T

999cc
180ps @6200rpm
250nm @4000rpm

MK8 R2T

999cc
200ps @6500rpm
290nm @4000rpm

pantealex
5th December 2018, 08:03
Now we just spot out drivers from their "Training camp" today and tomorrow (5-6 December)

Sulland
5th December 2018, 09:30
200 hp from a 1 liter engine is quite amazing.

Wonder how much they could take out of it as maximum, not thinking long life at all.

Mirek
5th December 2018, 09:39
I believe the old Formula 1 turbo engines (from 1980') produced around 900 Hp per liter. But those were qualification engines which lasted just few laps and which were not running on normal petrol (I believe they used high octane fuel mixed with water). They had also crazy boost level.

Berke
5th December 2018, 13:49
Anyone know the price?

Andre Oliveira
5th December 2018, 15:19
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dtqb3xFWwAEuAQd?format=jpg&name=900x900

pantealex
5th December 2018, 17:31
Enough space for their own sponsors, great.

br21
5th December 2018, 19:20
Anyone know the price?

38k euros for kit
65k euros for complete car
plus extras/options

Andre Oliveira
6th December 2018, 19:53
A fully built R2 costs €64,990 plus VAT (around £70,000) or you can save a bit of cash by sourcing your own Fiesta and converting it with a €37,900 plus VAT (£40,000) kit.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/motorsport/meet-200bhp-litre-ford-fiesta-r2

Barreis
6th December 2018, 20:31
who's 2018 jwrc champ?? this was once respectable championship. last few seasons you can't find a word about it (except the price of car and price of M-Sport rent per season)

Tarmop
6th December 2018, 20:34
Umm, there`s always something, nothing much, nothing less. Especially after Turkey, when the winner got a R5.

Rallyper
7th December 2018, 15:00
who's 2018 jwrc champ?? this was once respectable championship. last few seasons you can't find a word about it (except the price of car and price of M-Sport rent per season)

Most important this year was, that winner is Emil Bergkvist...
Exciting to see him next year in R5 Fiesta.

Had you forgotten the winner, already 2018 isn´t yet over?

Barreis
7th December 2018, 22:44
glad that Emil won it but Radstrom jr is good also. two guys from Sweden ruled it :)