PDA

View Full Version : Gmail spam

Zsolt
7th May 2007, 22:29
Does anyone have Gmail? Is there any other way to not have spam other than creating a filter? Or any creative ways to use the filter option aside from just typing in specific words in the spam?

LeonBrooke
8th May 2007, 07:43
Most of my spam goes into the spam box. Only very rarely do I get spam in my inbox.

I use filters to label messages as to who they're from, or what they're about, such as uni assignments, etc.

Storm
8th May 2007, 07:59
Like Leon said most of the spam goes to the spambox for me as well....so not sure why you have lots of spam in the inbox ?

Dave B
8th May 2007, 08:55
I choose not to receive messages from Gmail, along with Yahoo and Hotmail, as they send out so much crap. :s

Donney
8th May 2007, 10:22
I report the message as spam and usually they go straight to the box without bothering me.

Zsolt
8th May 2007, 18:26
99$ of my spam DOES go in the spambox, but I still do have a lot of filters.

Woodeye
8th May 2007, 18:38
I'm getting no spam at all. It's odd, everyone else complains about spam but I hardly ever get it.

Gannex
8th May 2007, 18:45
I was away over the weekend and, when I returned, the e-mail count was:

Total number of e-mails received: 113
Number of spam e-mails: 102
Number of genuine e-mails: 11

AndySpeed
8th May 2007, 19:53
I choose not to receive messages from Gmail, along with Yahoo and Hotmail, as they send out so much crap. :s

That may be true, but it doesn't sound like the most sensible of ideas to me.

Zsolt
8th May 2007, 19:53
Gannex, that's a sh** load of spam. lol. I would usually get about 20-30 after a few days of not checking my email. I do a lot of filtering for keywords in spam.

Dave B
8th May 2007, 20:19
That may be true, but it doesn't sound like the most sensible of ideas to me.

Maybe, but I've no time to deal with people who can't be bothered to get a proper email provider.

Gannex
8th May 2007, 20:23
Gannex, that's a sh** load of spam. lol. I would usually get about 20-30 after a few days of not checking my email. I do a lot of filtering for keywords in spam.

I think the problem is, Zsolt, that I've had one and only one e-mail address for the last eighteen years or so. So there have been eighteen years of opportunities for spamsters to obtain my address.

AndySpeed
9th May 2007, 23:33
You think you get a lot of spam?

Today - total spam emails received: 50
Yesterday: 48
Monday: 49

LeonBrooke
9th May 2007, 23:50
Wow. I've got six, and I think that's including some from yesterday.