PDA

View Full Version : Is Formula E becoming boring?

zako85
24th October 2017, 14:15
Am I the only one noticing that more and more Formula E races are looking like a procession? Cars are running close, but overtaking is incredibly difficult, and dangerous (those narrow streets and walls).

Another thing I have noticed, the first season of FE was interesting partly because being such an unexplored technology, the season saw a lot of very strange reliability problems with the cars. But three years later now that cars are reliable and running smooth, we get more and more predictable results with each race.

giu canbera
11th December 2017, 14:09
I think last season had 3 or 4 boring races. The rest were all excellent IMO

Zeakiwi
18th March 2018, 22:58
Undiegate at Punta-del-este
https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/di-grassi-hit-with-fine-for-underwear-infringement-101573

NaBUru38
23rd March 2018, 15:52
Here's my photos: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:2018_Punta_del_Este_ePrix

giu canbera
7th July 2018, 01:45
Changed my Mind. Its kinda boring already.. yes
But it may be just me. Not a big fan of road racing (except MotoGP and BTCC)

ronok
26th April 2019, 21:56
Formula E has progressed to a place that Formula 1 will almost certainly be trying to emulate in the near future. And with the next generation of cars touted to exceed 300kph, the all-electric series really is going from strength to strength.

sokomorato
7th May 2019, 10:38
Formula E has progressed to a place that Formula 1 will almost certainly be trying to emulate in the near future. And with the next generation of cars touted to exceed 300kph, the all-electric series really is going from strength to strength.

+1

giu canbera
26th August 2019, 17:28
Changed my mind AGAIN.. I was not watching current season cuz I thought it was boring...
Found out that the problem was the tv broadcast from my country. IT SUX. IT MADe the racing looks terrible.
I watched all races on youtube over the last month. Still amazing. Best road racing series out there (not counting MotoGP of course)

Momentos
19th April 2021, 16:11
Yes! They took the girls from Formula E!

lmmjvss
15th May 2021, 20:11
Im literally 100% like this guy here saying:
2017: F-e is cool
2018: changed my mind. Its boring
2019: nah, its actually the coolest one

Jag_Warrior
18th May 2021, 15:21
Yes! They took the girls from Formula E!

You mean grid girls? I didn’t realize that any any PC-FIA series had grid girls anymore.

Other than YouTube clips, I don’t believe that I have any way to see complete Formula E races. From what I’ve seen, the racing isn’t bad. But for great open wheel action, I’d rather watch a Japanese Super Formula or an IndyCar race.

Zico
17th July 2021, 23:10
I tried to get into it but it never has been very exciting for me. Too many silly contrived ideas, fan boost etc and with huge diesel generators being used to charge the cars, I find that quite ridiculous. If they are doing it to be green, have some integrity and do it genuinely green.

joe1888cfc
19th July 2021, 16:42
Just can't get into it I'm afraid

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

emmanuelkatto
19th October 2023, 07:47
No, I don't think so.

Matthew
20th October 2023, 20:40
It is very likely that we see some F1 greats joining Formula E in coming years that will surely increase its popularity and interest among the racing fans.