PDA

View Full Version : Palmer gets the boot, Sainz moves in

N4D13
7th October 2017, 13:31
So Renault have just confirmed that Sainz will be joining them from Austin onwards, which in turn clears the way for Gasly and Kyvat to see out the season with Toro Rosso.

Tazio
7th October 2017, 16:01
All I want to know is how is this going to affect my Fgp team? :confused:

A FONDO
7th October 2017, 20:12
About time I say. Palmer should not be driving in F1 even if his father paid 100 mln.

driveace
8th October 2017, 16:57
Well even though his father pays millions ,and only later in the season has he pulled his finger out ,although his car was disappointing in the early part of the season whilst Hulkenbergs was less troublesome I think he is a better driver than Ericson and his team mate ,who at one time was lined up to be a team mate for Hamilton Maybe Sauber could give Palmer a race before the end of the season ,and let's see if the Sauber is a dog or Palmer too much of a pussy

N. Jones
9th October 2017, 03:47
Thank God. It was painful watching Nico in the points while Jolyon was tootling around in 14th.

zako85
9th October 2017, 13:38
The bizarre end result of this strange game of musical (Formula 1) chairs is that Kvyat gets his drive back. Does Red Bull have no one else worthier in its junior drivers pipeline any more?

N4D13
9th October 2017, 13:52
Well even though his father pays millions ,and only later in the season has he pulled his finger out ,although his car was disappointing in the early part of the season whilst Hulkenbergs was less troublesome I think he is a better driver than Ericson and his team mate ,who at one time was lined up to be a team mate for Hamilton Maybe Sauber could give Palmer a race before the end of the season ,and let's see if the Sauber is a dog or Palmer too much of a pussy
I think that's rather unfair on Wehrlein. As far as I know, one of the friction points between Kaltenborn and the new Sauber owner was the fact that she insisted on giving both drivers equal treatment while the Swedish owner wanted to favor Ericsson, so it might just be that Pascal might be getting worse machinery. I don't think his skills were highly rated by most teams for no reason.

Jag_Warrior
9th October 2017, 18:09
If neither Palmer nor Ericsson are on the grid next season, we'll be as close to not having a single donkey on the grid as we've been in years. I'm assuming that no one accepts a (rubber) Bank of Venezuela check from Pastor Maldonado.

I actually liked Palmer in GP2. Not a huge talent, but he was kinda fun to watch. He wasn't F1 material though.

mk1
11th October 2017, 14:23
About dalm time.. i remember palmer moaning when max verstappen was entered into f1 at such a young age and now max has proven all doughters wrong including that clown palmer.

Nae luck palmer haha

steveaki13
22nd October 2017, 19:40
I have no issue with Palmer but he is not up to F1 so I cannot blame Renault. I hope he doesn't get a Williams seat.

Hopefully he goes and enjoys a good career elsewhere.

N. Jones
25th October 2017, 00:38
...and finished 7th! Now if Nico can keep it up Renault may be in a better position next season.