PDA

View Full Version : Rallysafe new timing and tracking supplier for 2018-2022

raybak
6th October 2017, 11:20
Following a call for Expressions of Interest, the FIA is pleased to confirm that Status Awareness Systems (SAS) has been selected to provide timing, tracking and connectivity solutions for the 2018-2022 WRC seasons.

Awesome news to have a small Australian company to win this contract. We have been using Rallysafe for many years here in Australia and it's a fantastic system and easy to use.

Ray

sindroms
6th October 2017, 11:43
Ok, let's wait for a Monte rally. This one be a real stress test for their system. If I like ordinary online follower will not notice anything that disturbs me - all my credits to them! :)

raybak
6th October 2017, 11:49
We will be using the system on the 14th and 15th at the Great Tarmac Rally. You can check out the live timing on www.rallysafe.com.au or download their app for your phone or tablet.

KKS
6th October 2017, 13:36
I think no matter how good they are - we don't have online splits at Monte.
I hope that I'm wrong.

Livewireshock
6th October 2017, 14:06
I hope that I'm wrong.

I can assure you that you will be wrong. They are a group that has a no fuss, can do attitude. They are competitors that saw a problem in existing systems and so built their own.

While working at Rally Australia, I have seen the countless boxes of gear being transported by the current Spaniard suppliers, while RallySafe bring everything they need as carry-on luggage. Nothing extra that is not needed, nothing complicated and proven reliable.

Plus if you like a good drink, the boss is a great guy to make friends with. I have memories of him 'acquiring' a cleaners cart in China, packing it full of fireworks and setting it off after an APRC round.

raybak
6th October 2017, 17:39
I hope that I'm wrong.

Well test drive Rallysafe next weekend there are 4 different events listed in three different countries.

You will be surprised how good it is and I expect more options that are in development will be available for WRC.

Ray

KKS
6th October 2017, 18:50
I try to do that... but.
They have all own, that all integrated by ages ago.
Now they must integrated to wrc site, app, safety systems and so on... I don't think that wrc.com all switch to RallySafe.
So when they integrated their system into wrc.com - it will be some bugs that couldn't tested before real rally.

KiwiWRCfan
7th October 2017, 09:57
As a fan who has followed rallies that use WRC+ tracking and Rallysafe tracking all I can say is I think the decision to use RallySafe for WRC is excellent news. Brilliant system loved by event organisers, competitors and fans.

Zeakiwi
7th October 2017, 11:09
Good on the Rally Safe people to keep on trying after the knock backs.
The systems are tested before the rally starts, so fingers crossed everything works.
Does Monte Carlo have loss of satellite signal in mountainous areas?

Daviesalaam
10th October 2017, 20:58
Good luck team..

Rally Hokkaido
11th October 2017, 01:11
I hope that I'm wrong.

Our team has used them in APRC for several seasons, now - very good & reliable system!

KiwiWRCfan
11th October 2017, 11:21
Story about rallysafe https://rallysportmag.com/feature-better-safe-sorry/

janvanvurpa
12th October 2017, 05:39
https://rallysportmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Ken-Block-Rallysafe.jpg

Well if that doesn't convince me then I don't think anything will.

I wonder if the leasing agreement includes free flat brim hats for all the crews and officials, for EVERYBODY?