PDA

View Full Version : Sainz to Renault - and dominoes falling

N4D13
9th September 2017, 22:38
Autosport is reporting that there has been a deal between Toro Rosso and Renault so that Sainz goes to the French team, perhaps as early as the Malaysian Grand Prix. This, in turn, is expected to be the gateway for the Toro Rosso-Honda and McLaren-Renault deals.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/131722/sainz-renault-deal-sets-up-mclaren-changes

N4D13
12th September 2017, 13:43
They're also reporting that Sainz's deal with Renault is a one-year loan, but that Red Bull can get him back after that to drive for the senior team.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/131754/how-sainz-move-affects-f1-driver-market

The Black Knight
13th September 2017, 10:51
Interesting development although not all that unexpected. I think this will be a good move for him. I think he'll be able to put podiumless and overrated Hulkenberg away and really prove his stock in F1. To me, Sainz and Verstappen are two of the biggest talents in F1 in recent times so looking forward to Sainz and Hulkenberg partnership next year.

AndyL
13th September 2017, 12:13
Interesting development although not all that unexpected. I think this will be a good move for him. I think he'll be able to put podiumless and overrated Hulkenberg away and really prove his stock in F1. To me, Sainz and Verstappen are two of the biggest talents in F1 in recent times so looking forward to Sainz and Hulkenberg partnership next year.

Did you never forgive Hulkenberg for knocking Hamilton out of the lead in Brazil in 2012? :D
Or is it that he devalued your boy's feat of winning GP2 as a rookie by matching that feat?

You know if the Hulk doesn't stand on the box in Singapore, he'll overtake Adrian Sutil's record of being the all-time most podiumless F1 driver. I guess the media were too busy fawning over Lewis's pole position record to note Nico matching that record at Monza, typical bias :)

The Black Knight
13th September 2017, 15:58
Did you never forgive Hulkenberg for knocking Hamilton out of the lead in Brazil in 2012? :D
Or is it that he devalued your boy's feat of winning GP2 as a rookie by matching that feat?

You know if the Hulk doesn't stand on the box in Singapore, he'll overtake Adrian Sutil's record of being the all-time most podiumless F1 driver. I guess the media were too busy fawning over Lewis's pole position record to note Nico matching that record at Monza, typical bias :)

Yeah, I noticed that Hulkenberg had managed to match that feat. It's quite an appalling record to hold really. That's the main reason I don't rate Hulkenberg. He should have had a podium by now at least and there is no excuse not having one after this many races given that his teammates have.

I've no issues with anything Hulk did, I just don't rate him very highly as a driver.

truefan72
15th September 2017, 13:43
I think that the Sainz to Renault move opens several possibilities.
1. I think massa retires and Alonso joins williams for 2018
2. Mclaren probably go with vandoonre and the Norris
3. Matsushita joins STR for 2018
4. Palmer is out of F1

emporer_k
15th September 2017, 13:51
It's interesting that Sainz is only going on loan to Renault. Red Bull are really keeping their driver options open for 2019.

zako85
15th September 2017, 13:53
In 2018 season, Renault can crush all of midfield competition with the all-star lineup of Sainz and Villeneuve. Good move.