PDA

View Full Version : WRC7

[RMC]Pip
8th September 2017, 18:44
Team VVV - WRC 7 Preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONVcrAzxiE4

pino
9th September 2017, 07:26
Moved into a new and separate thread! ;)

FinnGG
12th September 2017, 11:41
Cant wait for it. Looking much better than Dirt 4 TBH.

Adler
12th September 2017, 13:17
I have big doubts. There is an video with Lefebvre driving in Argentina online.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrZF6OLlzbw
On the first view the graphics looks good, but look on the stones, they seem to float over the ground.
There is a big question mark also about the physics, even by applying handbrake the car doesn´t oversteer at all. And listen to the robot (codriver), hard to imagine to get in a nice flow.

This time at least I will not preorder, the dirt4 disaster teached me to wait, in the meanwhile I still have some fun with dirt Rally.

Sub_Skoda
14th September 2017, 13:50
I found this review: https://lemagjeuxhightech.com/test-de-wrc-7-panne-seche-de-nouveautes/15598/ (in french)
13/20

+
Good graphics
All 2017 licences

-
Same game as WRC6
Nothing new
1 Epic Stages = 2 Stages
Poor codriver pacenotes

Allyc85
14th September 2017, 14:18
It looks like an improvement (Not hard!) but the engine still sounds like a hair drier and the co-driver is awful.

pino
15th September 2017, 12:20
No going to buy it, until I'll ready dozens of reviews...;)

RAS007
18th September 2017, 00:13
It looks like an improvement (Not hard!) but the engine still sounds like a hair drier and the co-driver is awful.

Agreed. Graphics look like an improvement, but co-driver is farcical. It's hard to believe that in 2017, that's the best they can do for co-driver calls. I won't be buying it.

AL14
20th September 2017, 09:38
Everybody is focused on the driving experience but it seems that nobody cares about the challenge.

WRC6 had 1 enormous issue in my opinion: AI times. They were completely nonsense. You could won for 30 seconds in one stage and lose them again in the next one.

It seems WRC7 doesn't care about it either. But I really don't know how people can drive championship with such nonsense times. Really... WRC4 was ideal from this point of view, they fucked all up instead of improving.

Another nonsense that was better addressed in WRC4 are penalties. What the hell is that?
You cut the road with a wheel: penalty
But here comes the best:
You practically kill people THAT ARE IN STUPID SPOTS: 10s penalty!!!

Jesus Christ, I really can't understand how this can happen! Who cares about codriver voice if you there is not a real challenge when you play a whole championship.

It's ridicoulus

[RMC]Pip
20th September 2017, 12:25
The main improvements are graphics, track narrowness and stage surface is now much more detailed. Other than that it is essentially WRC 6 - physics is more or less untouched as far as I can tell, co-driver voice is still rubbish, engine sounds are lackluster.

If you weren't okay with the older game, then the new iteration is not for you either. I feel that the developers are going in the right direction and a more sophisticated and not as robotic pace note system would have created much more rewarding reviews.

I can't speak of the AI times as I only contested single events. The number of stages per events have decreased - I guess as someone mentioned above 1 Epic stage is 2 normal stages merged from the older edition.

Overall, I really like the look of it, and with the narrower stages it is quite a challenge to keep the WRC07 cars on the road. If you can dismiss the shortcomings of the game, it is quite fun.

A FONDO
7th January 2018, 14:22
Finally installed the game on my PC and I gotta say I'm pretty impressed with the stages they built - some of them are even better than Dirt Rally. Love the long stages too. Unfortunately car behaviour is very poor and sounds are utter garbage.
p.s. if you experience fps drop mid-stage, set shadows from high to medium - the difference is huge.

AL14
15th February 2018, 14:48
Anybody who bought it can confirm if A.I. times depend on your performance like in wrc5 and 6 or are fixed by the difficulty level? Is the single player experience of a championship good or you find yourself faster than opponent without doing nothing special?

Sub_Skoda
16th February 2018, 07:21
Anybody who bought it can confirm if A.I. times depend on your performance like in wrc5 and 6 or are fixed by the difficulty level? Is the single player experience of a championship good or you find yourself faster than opponent without doing nothing special?

The "career mode" in WRC7 is exactly the same as WRC6!

AL14
16th February 2018, 18:23
A pity I will not buy it then. Maybe it's me but I'm struggling to find a game with good AI times since wrc4 (they were perfect back then).
Not even Dirt Rally was good in that matter.

A FONDO
19th February 2018, 23:09
A pity I will not buy it then. Maybe it's me but I'm struggling to find a game with good AI times since wrc4 (they were perfect back then).
Not even Dirt Rally was good in that matter.

Totally agree with you, definitely ruins single player on all recent games!