PDA

View Full Version : Rod Nelson on his way to Williams F1!

Giuseppe F1
13th December 2006, 00:34
Bit of a suprise - presumably seeking a new challenge now Alonso has moved on - further off-season good news for Frank and the boys at Grove:

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=136752

AJP
13th December 2006, 05:49
Bit of a suprise - presumably seeking a new challenge now Alonso has moved on - further off-season good news for Frank and the boys at Grove:

This is great news...
Williams need as much help as possible at the moment...
Hopefully Nelson wil be a very valueable catch for Frank.

Ranger
13th December 2006, 12:28
Hopefully this will start to point Williams in the right direction.

I still think they just may have a title in them in the next 10 years.

Dazz9908
13th December 2006, 22:53
One man dose not maketh a Team.
But another good choice towards that ideal.
Williams need a man to help them through their reliability issues.
Car was good, not great but good breakdowns let them down this year results lost, fix this and their on their way to restoring their rightful place at the top.

Valve Bounce
14th December 2006, 00:29

Did Alonso, at any time, consider moving to Williams? :confused;

Valve Bounce
14th December 2006, 00:46
Actually, I've been thinking while vacuuming the apartment and waiting for the cricket to get underway:
Williams was once a proud team boasting the best drivers in F1 and winning championships with ease.
Now, they seem to have slipped down the ladder a little. :(

seppefan
14th December 2006, 12:48
I really expect Williams to up their game in 2007. They need to ! They will have a big advantage being their second year on Bridgestone. They have hired some quality staff at a senior level and if they meld together as a team then I expect fireworks. Wurz is staining at the leash and Rosberg will not wish to be outdriven. Compare them to the two Toyota works drivers and it is like chalk and cheese. Crazy when you think Toyotas driver wage bill must be in the $18 / $30 m bracket and Williams in the $3m bracket.
Like Mclaren they need reliability. If it works then expect them to be a top five team again in 2008 and beating the works team though in 2007.

Valve Bounce
14th December 2006, 12:56
I really expect Williams to up their game in 2007. They need to ! They will have a big advantage being their second year on Bridgestone. They have hired some quality staff at a senior level and if they meld together as a team then I expect fireworks. Wurz is staining at the leash and Rosberg will not wish to be outdriven. Compare them to the two Toyota works drivers and it is like chalk and cheese. Crazy when you think Toyotas driver wage bill must be in the $18 / $30 m bracket and Williams in the $3m bracket.
Like Mclaren they need reliability. If it works then expect them to be a top five team again in 2008 and beating the works team though in 2007.

We can talk Williams up whichever way we want, but at the end of the day, the drivers and their results speak for themselves. Frank used to have World Champions driving for him; now he has a refugee test driver and a rookie. How sad this team has become.

I am surprised that Frank even has a $3m driver bracket; is that outgoings or incomings?