PDA

View Full Version : any spare pickup panels?

blakep82
6th May 2007, 22:34
Hi all,

not the kind of first post on a new forum id normally like to go for, but its the reason why i registered.

in 2003 i bought a right hand drive SHP pickup chassis. I haven't done too much on the build so far (it going to be a road car) and i was wondering if anyone had any old panels (damaged/broken/not suitable etc) going spare or in the bin? I'm down in the south east of england on the 19th and 20th on a different matter with a van. i've just seen the trucks are racing in croft that wekend though :dozey: and i wondered if anyone had anything going spare to help with my build, or knew of anyone else who might?

feel free to email (blakeperkins82@hotmail.com) me of PM me

thanks everyone

Blake

cgs
6th May 2007, 23:00
sounds like an interesting project to make a road-legal racing pickup. i've always thought a road-legal NASCAR would look awesome.

blakep82
6th May 2007, 23:24
yeah, i like racing cars as road cars. well, i like the idea, i've never owned one before so this'll be the first. but yeah, road legal NASCAR, SCSA, or even the V6 and V8 Eurocars would be cool :)

cgs
6th May 2007, 23:32
one questions i've never found out the answer to though. would you need to install a door or is the window opening sufficient?

blakep82
6th May 2007, 23:52
based on the lotus 7 kind of car i don't think a proper door is needed. and i'm sure the removable door panle the trucks has would be ok. certainly the SVA manual (single vehicle approval rule book for kit cars, and other one offs) doesn't say it would be a problem, just as long as any removable side panels can be latched securely closed. and since it has no hinges, i would say its technically not a door but a removable side panel.

the SVA manual http://www.rootpeg.net/SVAMarch2004.pdf
interesting read, if you suffer insomnia and 19mb too...

Abo
7th May 2007, 07:30
Are you going to use this as a track day car? I don't think I'd fancy driving it on the road for very long e.g. to work lol, it'd get a bit warm...

blakep82
7th May 2007, 10:25
ha ha, yeah, it will get warm won't it! especial with the twin exhaust it'll have from my V6 running through the tunnel... :D it'll just get used as a road car. so not long distance or anything. Just for going out driving in the summer and will get taken to work a fair bit too. I just like to drive something a bit different, something people don't see everyday. I've had BMWs for the last few years, and within 4 miles yesterday i counted 16.

SteveA
7th May 2007, 14:22
Buy a Monaro - I think I've only seen 5 or 6 on the roads since they came into the UK!

blakep82
7th May 2007, 14:30
i saw a monaro once, and that was in my town. too close for me :D

blakep82
7th May 2007, 22:48
or indeed if anyone knows of any 2nd hand parts they don't want anymore for racing, please let me know

Dave17
8th May 2007, 07:54
This looks like a thread Gav could help with...he's been in pickups for a time or try and contact Sonny.

sc333
8th May 2007, 13:27
My names is Richard Austin and i am a spotter for team rogers racing.
I currently have a truck in construction built from the chassis which is to be used by myself for the 2008 season . I also have a right hand drive chassis and more importantly a complete set of panels that may be of interest to you. The panels are kevlar
I have sent an email to your personal address but if that doesnt reach you please call me on 07902 781323
Kindest regards
Richard Austin sc3

ps wanted...........
Quaiffe gearbox for truck
propshaft
limited slip diff
gearbox mounting
pedal box
rear anti roll bar
twin 45s

gavinseager154
8th May 2007, 17:44
hello mate not sure if or what bits i have going spare,
i was interested in where u got this right hand drive chasis cause i sold 2 to the same bloke about 5 yrs ago
my championship winning chasis and my dads, would be great to find out if its one of these, i actually wondered about them the oter night i just had images in my head of themrotting in someones garden lol

pickup
8th May 2007, 20:04
My names is Richard Austin and i am a spotter for team rogers racing.
I currently have a truck in construction built from the chassis which is to be used by myself for the 2008 season . I also have a right hand drive chassis and more importantly a complete set of panels that may be of interest to you. The panels are kevlar

Richard you realise that not all the kevlar panels need to be changed!

blakep82
8th May 2007, 21:01
Thanks again for everyone's help!

Richard, i just emailed you!

Gavin: It was David Philps chassis, bought it from him in 2003, where it been in my parents garage in Scotland while i'd been living in London. So i'm back in scotland, its time to start work :)

and also thanks to Dean TeamRogers69 for getting Richard an me in contact :up: