PDA

View Full Version : Dovizioso deserves a faster bike

CaptainRaiden
6th May 2007, 21:40
It is heartbreaking to see a talent such as Dovizioso suffering with an inferior bike. The guy has phenomenal talent to put his bike in between those mighty Aprilias race after race. It's really not hard to see that his is the lone Honda in probably a top 5 Aprilia race sometimes, which is needless to say....special.

Dovi in my opinion is a very underrated rider, and i would love to see Honda give him a better bike or atleast give him a more powerful engine to compete with a much more equal chance, and wipe that smirk off Lorenzo's face.

As much as i respect Lorenzo's talent as a very good rider, he always manages to annoy me no matter what. Lorenzo's land?? Oh c'mon! At least Rossi's post race celebrations don't make you yawn.

tha_jackal
7th May 2007, 02:25
Im pretty certain Ant West would take Dovi's Honda over his Aprilia at the moment.. Dovizioso has NO grounds for complaint, at all..

ChrisS
7th May 2007, 18:55
The Honda is down on power in all levels of GP this season, Aprillia went for speed, Honda for maneuverability

And please dont turn this into another "Ant West cant get a break" tread, we have one of those already, I try to stay out of it because I know people here like west but IMHO tough luck, he had a factory ride and screw it up

CaptainRaiden
7th May 2007, 19:23
Im pretty certain Ant West would take Dovi's Honda over his Aprilia at the moment.. Dovizioso has NO grounds for complaint, at all..

And i'm pretty certain Ant West would prefer Lorenzo or Bautista's Aprilia over Dovi's Honda anyday. But we're not talking about what Ant West would do, are we?

And i don't think Aprilia is bad when it comes to manouverability either, it has got the best of both worlds. The difference between the top 250cc Aprilia and the Honda is pretty much the same as The Ducati and Yamaha in MotoGP.

The Honda is inferior and Dovi is trying his best, much like Rossi is in motogp. I'm sure that when Dovizioso gets a bike which is atleast equal to Lorenzo's Aprilia in terms of performance, he would wipe the floor with Lorenzo, or atleast make his life difficult.

tha_jackal
8th May 2007, 02:49
The Honda is down on power in all levels of GP this season, Aprillia went for speed, Honda for maneuverability

And please dont turn this into another "Ant West cant get a break" tread, we have one of those already, I try to stay out of it because I know people here like west but IMHO tough luck, he had a factory ride and screw it up

Im just putting it into context, i could have used any privateer, Jules Cluzel, Aleix Espargaro, whoever .. there are MANY riders worse off than Dovi, he has ABSOLUTELY no grounds for complaint about his current ride, at all.. He should SHHHHH

ChrisS
10th May 2007, 22:23
As much as i respect Lorenzo's talent as a very good rider, he always manages to annoy me no matter what. Lorenzo's land?? Oh c'mon! At least Rossi's post race celebrations don't make you yawn.

Rossi's celebration have a goofy feel, ie. the blowup doll, or running to the bathroom etc... they are meant to be silly.

Lorenzo's celebrations have more of a 'look at me, I'm great' feel, in a way I think Lorenzo's approach to racing is similar to Biaggi